[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have rare fucking toys mint on card for 20 years >TWENTY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: Total Retard.jpg (965 KB, 1966x1495) Image search: [Google]
Total Retard.jpg
965 KB, 1966x1495
>have rare fucking toys mint on card for 20 years
>TWENTY YEARS, ANON
>decide the time has finally come
>pic related
My only regret is that 90% of /toy/ never experienced the euphoria of playing with Zbots as a teen, let alone knows what they even are.
>>
MiniZ's were the best. The goddamn best. I still have a few, but sadly, lost some to time and moves. Glad you finally opened them, really wish that we still had articulated minis.
>>
They're cute
>>
>>5295564
The minis were cool and all, but the full sized Zbots were the shit. I actually have a fuckload of them and I have a few doubles I keep at work in my cubicle to this day just to fuck around with at break time lol.
>>
I've been considering opening these for a long time.
>>
>>5295571
Oh, I had plenty of them too, the one that came with the big bot I treated as Alpha-5 back in the day and I had that weird top-attack playset as well. I think the BK arm-drill guy was a favorite as well, don't remember who all I did have though.

One I wish I did was the brain guy.
>>
File: IMG_20151121_22312.jpg (74 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151121_22312.jpg
74 KB, 800x450
>>5295587
Woops
>>
File: Bots.jpg (503 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
Bots.jpg
503 KB, 1296x968
>>5295591
Brainiax was from series 3, Turbine is the drill guy from the BK promo. I own both. :3

>>5295596
DO IT, FAGGOT! (the snake one is awesome, loved him as a kid)
>>
>>5295596
Free them. They'll only rot faster in their prisons.
>>
File: 02232004 013.jpg (14 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
02232004 013.jpg
14 KB, 275x275
>>5295591
This guy, Anon?
>>
>>5295630
>>5295619
Yeah. Never found him, sadly.
>>
So...I take it all things considered putting up these carded gems would only get value if a die hard collector went spastic on ebay and putting these up for bids would get piss all right?

Been considering doing that for a few toys I've had over the years that I had no love but kept in their boxes.
>>
>>5295646
Add me on Steam, bro. We need to talk robots.
ID: TubeSockWarrior
>>
File: Zbots.jpg (226 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Zbots.jpg
226 KB, 640x480
time for ZBOTS!
>>
>>5295552
Christ. I thought I recognized the pile from the thumbnail. My boner can be seen from space. All time favorite toy line.
>>
>>5295676
Oh shit, a series 1 Shleppy! Hard to find those ones because Lucas's lawyers filed a complaint to Galoob about him looking too close to R2D2.
>>
>>5295662
Sent it, says you were on about 40 minutes ago.
>>
File: Jawbreaker.png (277 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
Jawbreaker.png
277 KB, 500x374
>>5295676
WHAT'S GOOD, NIGGA?
>>
>>5295704
I'm on. Accepted.
>>
>>5295619
Dat far upper left. I nostalgia'd all over my keyboard. Zbots were awesome. I remember the airship I built out of Knex was manned by a crew of Zbots.
>>
>>5295619
I had a few of those vehicles. Me and my brother used to cram the little spherical grey tank in the back row full of zbots and take it with us everywhere we went. And I had a friend of a friend who had the giant upper left corner guy, that was cool. He also had a real living tarantula that he would use as a monster during playtime which I thought was genius.

Fuck, kids are weird.
>>
This was the one toy I asked for for like 3 Christmases in a row as a kid but never received (my poor parents not being able to tell a kid Santa can't do shit about a short lived low production toy line, and ebay not being a thing back then). Seeing the commercial it looked so boss i would make my own versions of the base with cardboard and stuff. Saw it only once in TRU one time. I had the big blue robot, the bad guy spaceship, but this was the grail.

MFW after telling this story my girlfriend finds and buys one for me last Christmas. <:)
>>
>>5296367
I remember being disappointed in this set for some reason. I forget if it was because the tops didn't spin for long or that the base's legs couldn't actually support the pressure of someone pushing on the top of it.
>>
>>5295596
Nah, if the bubble was yellowed, Id open them. Since its pretty clear leave it, they arent usually so nice MOC.
>>
If you were never intending to sell them, this was inevitable. Could you really have lived with yourself if they were still mint on card when you wheezed your terminal breath?

Even if you were gonna' sell them, this is more fun. Never heard of Z-bots but they look rad as heck.
>>
File: sad turtle.jpg (8 KB, 201x190) Image search: [Google]
sad turtle.jpg
8 KB, 201x190
>>5295552
>Hasbro buys the Gobot license
>Hasbro incorporates Gobots into Transformers lore

>Hasbro buys Galoob and its properties (Z-Bots)
>Z-bots rot into obscurity
>>
File: FIG-COL-6697.jpg (62 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
FIG-COL-6697.jpg
62 KB, 600x488
hagen no zista is pretty cool
>>
File: 4549660008224.jpg (84 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
4549660008224.jpg
84 KB, 560x560
its nice knowing Japan will always make small robot toys because of how much better a country they are
>>
>>5296926
Build Models are awful, though. Converge is pretty stellar.
>>
>>5295710
Holy shit, I fucking had this. I had no idea what it was, though, because I think someone else left it at my house.
>>
>>5296908
I always wanted that brown ashura from the first wave, but was slow on the uptake and missed all the order windows, then after release never found anyone willing to part with one unless it was for a trade. Never found a case on Mandarake.
Then they never used the mold again, and it looks so fucking cool.
>>
ZBots were the SHIT!

It must've felt so good to open those up and play with 'em.
>>
Man, I have the X-Terminate 5 and Klashinator in a cupboard. I think I even have the instruction leaflets for them somewhere. They were some of the few toys I bought with my own money as a kid.

>>5295596
I'd honestly just buy opened doubles considering their condition. Keep these mint.
>>
>>5297346
Actually, shortly after opening them up and scattering the little bots, I noticed that one of them looked odd. So I took a second look and realized he had the wrong arms. Sure enough one of the other bots in the package had accidentally been given the other one's arms! So I swapped them around to fix them.

But, now you see my mistake.

Had I realized that the figures had been assembled incorrectly at the factory I wouldn't have opened the up. They were a production error, probably one of a kind. I probably could have sold them to a dedicated toy collector for some good money... Oh well, at least I fixed a mistake 20 years overdue and now my little guys are no longer restrained behind a plastic barrier when they come to life while I'm sleeping and have Toy Story-style adventures.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.