[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pulp fiction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 625x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 625x638
Barnes and noble has these half off. Which do buy?
>>
None, they're fucking trash.
>>
>>5294931
The Gimp and Winston Wolf both look like they have potential for setting up some funny photos.

Other than that, they look like trash. I wish ReAction would learn to make the style of the figures era-appropriate. The 'Kenner' look works perfectly for films like Big Trouble In Little China and Escape From New York because they're of that era. For a 90's film though, they should look more like Powers of the Force or something.
>>
File: FlashbackDicktracyTitle.jpg (59 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
FlashbackDicktracyTitle.jpg
59 KB, 640x360
>>5294942
I want Playmates style ReAction figures, but even Playmates can't do paint apps on the level of their 90's stuff anymore.

Between TMNT, Toxic crusaders, Dick Tracy,a and a few more, Playmates had his cool, unique style; skewed, squat proportions. emphasis on gross details, bright colors, and a ton of sprue accessories.
>>
>>5294942
They're meant for hipsters to keep MISP and hang on their walls anyway. What I don't get is, what are they going to do 5-10 years down the line when the blister starts turning yellow?
>>
>>5294979
>What I don't get is, what are they going to do 5-10 years down the line when the blister starts turning yellow?
It'll look good with Pulp Fiction's fake wear.
>>
>>5294979
>what are they going to do 5-10 years down the line

you think they'll still care about them then? They'll be listed on eBay within 2 when they get tired of them and need money or room for the next fad.
>>
>>5294979
Shit like this is the new Beanie Babies.

Funko, Lootcrate, the business model Marvel Comics seems to have adopted - all of it's a bubble waiting to burst.
>>
>>5294931
butch+gimp
or
butch+marcus
or
vincent+mia
or
jimmy+vincent+jules

winston wolf is overrated and would be as 'alfred bringing hot coco to bruce'
>>
>>5294931

Gimp and bathrobe guy maybe.
>>
>buy Travis bickle for ten bucks
>his legs won't go back

Into the Tupperware he goes
>>
>buy Jimmy
>make miniature sign that says "Dead Nigger Storage"
>>
>>5294931
the dindus, you know, for reasons.
>>
>>5294979

I'll admit to being exactly that in this case, but I only like the "period appropriate" ones. Taxi Driver and Alien and shit. Making all the 90s IPs in this style is lazy as fuck.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.