[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a first year elementary school teacher and my school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: il_570xN.394401122_2w4n.jpg (42 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.394401122_2w4n.jpg
42 KB, 570x570
I'm a first year elementary school teacher and my school has this program where teachers can take a tote bag with a child's name and age, and fill it up with gifts. I took a tote for a 9 year old boy and have to figure out what to get. I want to choose a mix of useful things and toys, but what do you get a 9 year old without knowing them at all? What do 9 year olds want, aside from a game console?

I'm already getting a toothbrush and toothpaste, socks, and perhaps gloves and a hat with avengers or something? What about toys? I want to get him some cool toys. I have mainstream stores nearby like target, walmart, TRU etc. Help.
>>
>>5293691
Did you call his parents, and ask?
>>
>>5293691

Do you know the child in question? You'd have better chance at making his holidays happy if you knew what he likes.
>>
>>5293699
>>5293701
Unfortunately it's strictly anonymous. I asked the woman in charge if I could find out what he likes and she says no. So far I was thinking a small lego set, maybe a transformer? Action figures? No point in games if he may not have a console or DVDs if there's no tv. Some of these kids live in hotels.
>>
File: Lego Creator 31014.jpg (149 KB, 800x556) Image search: [Google]
Lego Creator 31014.jpg
149 KB, 800x556
>>5293691
>>5293708
Lego Creator sets, Lego Star Wars and Superheroes are very popular among kids, or just simply Lego Classic, good amount of pieces for a great price.
>>
Legos are almost always a solid bet. Even if he doesn't like the kit's basis, he can make something he does like. Legos are great. Who doesn't like Legos? I don't even collect 'em and I like 'em.
>>
>>5293777
This. If you have a Lego store near you (and you might- apparently the mall near my house has one and I didn't know until I looked it up), they have a thing where you can fill up tubs of various sizes with Legos for a fixed price.
>>
>>5293708
If i was a little boy, i would love to have dinosaurs - both the expensive and cheap kind. Follow that up by lego or knex. They've got generic army men sets at Target and Walmart -that you can couple up with the dinos - and then the kid can play out dino fights.

Lego and Transformers are good, so are the Marvel mini figure sets. You are already getting him practical stuff - and if you want to fill the items out - buy one or two bigger known figures - and fill it out with smaller items like dinosaur pieces, coloring sets (this mostly so they can get a different type of play time), maybe a fun book/comic that is good for their age.
>>
>>5293691
A tablet. All kids want tablets now. You can find get anew amazon fire tablet for like $50.
>>
Too many variables, what if he's retarded and eats the lego's and chokes, what if he's disabled and has no hands the parent's might say you're mocking their special little sunflower and sue you for harassment, what if he has a gluten allergy and does from the toothpaste you gave him, or his parent's might be fucked up self absorbed idiots who think children should only play with educational toys that that accurately reflect gender bias and equality in the sociopolitical life sphere. fuck it OP just get this little shit a VISA gift card.
>>
Get him a Shamrock
>>
get him some shopkins.
>>
How about a book about dinos and planes with lots of nice pictures? Also aliens, marine life, ships, birds, and so on. Can't be wrong with a book to support a toy.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.