[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BJD/Doll Thread: Puppy Eyes Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: Luna.jpg (176 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Luna.jpg
176 KB, 400x600
Previous thread: >>5275265

FAQs:
/toy/ - tinyurl com ihatedolls
/jp/ - tinyurl com dollfaq
>>
File: miku_scdl_topBnrSnw.jpg (69 KB, 460x320) Image search: [Google]
miku_scdl_topBnrSnw.jpg
69 KB, 460x320
Lost count of the months but THE HYPE IS REAL
>>
File: o0600040013485708794.png (307 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
o0600040013485708794.png
307 KB, 600x400
>waiting warmly for VolksUSA to stock some new DD outfits so I can buy my dolls Christmas presents
>>
File: YUL_Luts.png (1 MB, 635x913) Image search: [Google]
YUL_Luts.png
1 MB, 635x913
Still no sign of my Luts doll, it's been 62 South Korean business days.
Is it more appropriate to send them an email or make a thread in the Q&A? I really don't want to bother them but I need it here before December.
>>
File: IMG_2269.jpg (3 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2269.jpg
3 MB, 3888x2592
excuse the potato size but it'd be hard to tell without it, are these eyes positioned correctly /toy/? I'd hate for my doll to have derp eyes.
>>
>>5287595
Either is fine, anon.
>>
>>5287595
i think they respond faster to Q&A posts so you should try there first.
>>
File: alquaev1.png (100 KB, 1086x599) Image search: [Google]
alquaev1.png
100 KB, 1086x599
Ahahahahaha oh man. Alquaev is still maintaining that the forged Soom CoA is real. What the actual fuck.
>>
File: alquaev2.png (131 KB, 1091x590) Image search: [Google]
alquaev2.png
131 KB, 1091x590
>>5287740
2/5
>>
File: alquaev3.png (80 KB, 1094x497) Image search: [Google]
alquaev3.png
80 KB, 1094x497
>>5287742
3/5
>>
File: alquaev4.png (121 KB, 1099x587) Image search: [Google]
alquaev4.png
121 KB, 1099x587
>>5287744
4/5
>>
File: alquaev5.png (108 KB, 1098x592) Image search: [Google]
alquaev5.png
108 KB, 1098x592
>>5287748
5/5
>>
>>5287751
Here's a bonus of the fake cert against several legit ones
>>
>>5287622
Looks good to me. But usually whenever I style a wig or put eyes in, I have to walk past the doll a whole bunch to notice something that needs to be fixed.

>trim doll's bangs
>"yay! I'm done, looks great!"
>Take a shower, watch anime, whatever
>an hour later "fuck that hair is out of place - better fix it now. Now it's perfect!"
>Go to work, come home. Fuck I need to texturize that piece.
>1 week later repeating the above, actually done with wig trimming
>>
When does Luts usually start their winter event and how long does it normally last?
I'm saving up for a kid delf nana and I'm hoping I can order her during the winter event so I can get some extras.
>>
>>5287816
Speaking of winter events, do leeke world usually offer free shipping round this time?
>>
How exactly do you check to see if a soom cert is real? Is there a place to put the number on the website? I have a beryl body with a cert that has the shitiest knees in the world and I'd like to see if the cert I got with it is legit.
>>
>>5287910
If the link works, try:
>http://dollsoom.com/eng/bbs/rarity.php
If not, go to the website and on the left side at the bottom of the toolbar is a button that lets you check the Authorized Serial Number.
>>
File: tumblr_nxxftpp3J11trtjgao1_540.jpg (128 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxxftpp3J11trtjgao1_540.jpg
128 KB, 540x810
>>5287910
Also, the numbers and dates are hand stamped.
>>
>>5287913
>>5287917

Well its real, it just has fucked up knees I guess. It's from a FCE in 2012 so maybe the old beryl mold is getting a little worn down. Either way I had to glue leather strip in the joints to stabilize it just so the doll could stand. Excellent QC soom, bravo.
>>
>>5287918
Their fantasy parts are hit and miss. There were many instances where the hook piece on the feet for Grey/Ace broke due to too much stress put on it since they were sent strung hella tight. They're honestly on the same level as FL.
>>
>>5287584
How adorable!
Can't wait to get my first doll.
Also "warmly waiting" is cute af.
>>
>>5287825
I think it starts 1st week of Dec. Free shipping for orders over 300 or something like that.
>>
File: wut.jpg (55 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
55 KB, 400x533
>>5287740
Alquaev has some serious fucking balls holy shit, that or her grasp of english is poor enough that she doesn't understand how totally BTFO she is
>>
>>5287740
just want to add, if she received this doll from soom, then why doesn't she go into her order history and screen shot the order? my orders from 2010 STILL show on my order history.

TWO THOUSAND AND TEN

that is how far you can look at your order history on soom. Alquaev is such a piece of shit my god.
>>
>>5288108
i mean shes clearly a scammer....
all shes done is repeat herself that entire thread
theres not much else she can do
>>
>>5288125
personally i'm shocked that she wasnt outright banned after purplevix posted her evidence. selling recasts as legit is supposed to be a bannable offense, so why haven't the mods done their jobs? they didn't even marketplace ban her, just put an unresolved transaction warning on her.
>>
>>5288127
me too but the mods probably want to hear people got their money back from paypal and theres one more person who hasnt received their head yet
im sure she'll be banned as soon as that happens
>>
>>5288127
They're waiting to ban her because they're hoping she will refund the buyer (if she gets banned then she'll probably cut off all communication and disappear with the money forever). It's the right call imo -- it's not like anybody else's going to open a new transaction with alquaiev with a huge Being Paged under her username and an easily findable thread about her that ways WARNING in bright red.
>>
Is this transaction taking place in the US? Selling counterfeit goods is a felony. The buyer should be getting the police involved at this point, not just Paypal.
>>
>>5288244
IIRC, the buyer is from Brazil and Alqualev is from somewhere in Europe.
>>
>>5287825
>>5287994

Free shipping on orders over $300 is all year round though. There doesn't seem to be any other mention of Free Shipping for their winter event though.
>>
>>5288244
>Everybody on the internet lives in America
>>
>>5287626
>>5287648
There's a notice that the dolls take 45-50 days to make but if you get a faceup as well it takes 2 or 3 weeks more. It's been almost 3 weeks since 50 business days passed so hopefully I'll get a shipping notification next week or so. Either way, it should be here in time yaay
>>
File: 15096896914_6c44d65fc0.jpg (49 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
15096896914_6c44d65fc0.jpg
49 KB, 500x333
>>5287761
I trimmed my doll's wig recently, it looked pretty great and I was really happy with it. The following day I walked past her and noticed that I had trimmed it at a 20 degree incline and somehow didn't notice.

Good thing I trimmed it longer than I wanted for just that reason.
>>
>>5288324
Is that one of Atelier Momoni's dolls with the brown wig?
>>
>>5286485
I'm amazed somebody with such bad taste had $500+ to throw away on a mutilated mini. Jesus.
>>
>>5288292
I mean, anon asked "are they in the US", they didn't just assume they were.

>>5288127
In addition to the reasons other anon mentioned, alquaev said some shit about having gotten the head in a split and they have to give her a chance to prove it (however unlikely) -- since if she did actually do that, some other DoA member is the one who gave her the fake certificate and they would need to be identified. There's an icecube's chance in hell of that being true, of course.
>>
>>5288436
>I'm amazed somebody with such bad taste had $500+ to throw away on a mutilated mini.
You say this as though having money and having good taste somehow follow from one another. I'm pretty sure a huge amount of choices people make in this hobby should have taught you otherwise by now.
>>
>>5288420
they're both by her
>>
>>5288489
>an icecube's chance in hell
Exactly. An honest person would have immediately contacted the company and named the split partner, instead of writing a novel about how it's all Soom's fault.
>>
>>5288584
She kind of swings between blaming Soom and blaming the person she 'bought it from'.

>I have no guilt
>I have no guilt
>I have no guilt
>I have no guilt

If you have to say you have no guilt, you are guilty as hell
>>
>>5288607
Agreed. The only right thing to do is to take responsibility for her life, and take the head back.
>>
>>5288624
>>5288607
lol why should she admit defeat now
shes going to be banned whether she takes it back or not

shes a scammer and she has no reason to take responsibility
>>
File: thesagacontinues.jpg (69 KB, 1088x239) Image search: [Google]
thesagacontinues.jpg
69 KB, 1088x239
>>
>>5287595
I...I'm sorry if this is a newfag question, but .. what model is that? Does she come as a centaur, or is that a custom?
>>
>>5288663
Welcome, newfriend! :) It was a limited Luts set and it came just as it looks in the picture. You can't buy it anymore but you might get lucky and find a second hand one for sale.

>http://dec712241.gdreamweb.com/shop/step1.php?number=7842&b_code=B20101202055721
>>
>>5288663
Filename.
It's Luts Yul Satyresse (Luts is the company's name and their website is eluts.com), she comes as a centaur.
>>
It just hit me that DoD going down means all of the Legendary Wank subforum is lost too. Oh man, that's a shame. I wanted to reread the story of that girl who got access to the DoA mods' private subforum and used it for maximum drama creation value.
>>
>>5288489
Any chance of screen cap of these shinanegans?
>>
>>5288908
Nvm I'm a gigantic faggot. I just scrolled up and saw the screen caps.
>>
>>5288924
You should be able to view this too, unless DOA changed policy on Problem Transactions being public.

https://denofangels.com/threads/alquaev.692595/
>>
>>5288926
Damn reading her replies is aggravating, and I'm not even involved.
>>
>>5288821
Yeah, it also means no longer having all the awful shit in one collection so now I have to manually search for shit when someone asks why certain people are to be avoided (TD, Gutterface, etc)
>>
>>5289021
It's up to us to solve this problem. We should at least get a Pastebin with problematic people in the hobby and a short explanation why. It'd be a lot easier than writing up ED pages/DoD posts.
>>
>>5288821
>Legendary Wank subforum
Why did I not know of this gem?
>>
>>5289161
There's a loooot of glorious stuff hidden in DOD. I still remember very fondly OUTBIIIIIRK and the time Tracy Lynn decided to make an account and after her acting like the little bitch she is people started donating money every time she said something stupid.

It also houses a lot of information regarding "people to avoid", sometimes information that can hardly be found anywhere else because it was deleted already.
I still think we should have started taking screenshots and such earlier and store them somewhere safe.
>>
>>5289169
No chance that shit can't be Waybackmachine.com'd?
>>
>>5289180
Sadly not, because DoD can only be looked at when you log into your account, something Waybackmachine can't.
I just tried it but no luck.
>>
>>5289180
In case you mean the information itself:
some information is sadly lost forever, because it either wasn't or can't be correctly stored by the archive.
Taking Tracy Lynn as an example again, she was always very quick with deleting her shit and purging her accounts, there's no way to find some of this again.
>>
File: tumblr_nrg8azGNiI1qbub7co1_400.jpg (62 KB, 338x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrg8azGNiI1qbub7co1_400.jpg
62 KB, 338x600
Newfriend here and new to the whole modding pullips thing. I have a Catwoman pullip (dark skin version) and I'm wondering what body would fit her skin color. I'm not sure what the difference between obitsu and pure neemo is but I'll go with whichever fits her skin color better.
>>
>>5288283
Alquaev is in Russia, which is shocking, because almost all of those collectors are obsessed with perfection and have such high standards of quality in their dolls. I remember a Russianon coming in several months ago talking about it. When I saw that sharpied Amber head, I was pretty shocked that it originally came from there and was not a restoration project of any kind.
>>
>>5289169
>outbiiirk put my fire in the wood!!!
Who was in charge of the forum most recently? (I think it wasn;t Chiba any more?) Have they at least said anything about why they didn't renew the site or if they plan to fix it?
>>
>>5289432
Holy shit. Yeah, Russian collectors being responsible for eye poison (and buying recasts? Really?!) is very rare. I bet she's on DoA because she got chased off the Russian forums.
>>
>>5289439
Apparently Alquaev isn't hurting for money either, because she put up a WTB (and found one, apparently) for a Volks Lieselotte ~in my room~ fullset and didn't need layaway.

I wanna give her the benefit of the doubt that she's pants on head retarded and got scammed herself, but idk. She's not even entertaining the fact that she is wrong.
>>
>>5289432
If you actually take the time to look through russian forums youll find more ugly dolls than you'd think. Bad dolls are universal, you just see the best because that's what gets reposted to English talking sites. That russian anon was full of shit.
>>
>>5289602
>russian anon was full of shit.
A Russian that's full of shit??? You don't say....
>>
>>5289602
Well, of course there are shitty people too because nobody is born crazily talented and skilled.
You can't deny though that compared to the US, or pretty much every other country, our "good" people are not even close to their good ones.
How many US owners do you know with crazily realistic dolls that got self-made Angora wigs from their owners, detailed face-ups with texturing and gorgeous outfits in breathtaking pictures?
If I look at my country there is not one person that comes close to that level, especially not creativity AND quality combined.
On the other hand you have dozens of Russians that provide us with such high quality photos and dolls to look at.

Yes, you have bad, good and awesome owners there, but you can't deny that their awesome is on a whole different level.
>>
>>5289672

>I know of every doll owner in every country in the world and nobody can ever beat Russia EVAR!

Anon you sound a little crazy...
>>
>>5289680
Dunno, after ten years both with dolls and cosplay it's just pretty obvious tha the Russians often seem to be always a bit more crazy on quality than others.
>>
>>5289672
Found the vatnik!
>>
File: 001.jpg (79 KB, 650x692) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
79 KB, 650x692
rainbow unoa anon here, now im working on her winking face. going for a more inkblot look like the kid delf i'd done. this time though i'm hoping to do paint splatters of bright colors, mostly on the winking side. hoping it works out, not quite sure how i'm going to do it without getting paint everywhere. any suggestions? i was thinking of using a toothbrush and kind of running my fingers across the bristles to splatter the paint, but idk.
>>
File: vk4-fantasmagoria.jpg (82 KB, 531x400) Image search: [Google]
vk4-fantasmagoria.jpg
82 KB, 531x400
>>5289683What about the Netherlands? They have some gorgeous dolls/photography. Or japan, you know the originators of this hobby. They tend to knock it out of the ball park when it comes to both dolls and cosplay. I'm not saying Russia doesn't produce some beatifully styled dolls, just that proclaiming them to have basic a lly 'won' the bjd hobby is pretty ridiculous.

Plus Russians seem to occasionally fall in that 'hideous European troll' aesthetic so many french artist get stuck in.
>>
>>5289694
I did that once in a high school art class. If you don't want a certain area to be splattered cover it. You might want to practice a little on paper first to make sure you can figure out what amount of paint gets you the results you want.
>>
>>5289680
Russians are crazy. And talented. And talented artsy Russians are a whole 'nother level of crazy.
>>
>>5289602
Nobody's saying that they automatically have nice dolls (neither do the Japanese, for that matter), it's just that in both of those cultures there's more frank disapproval for showing unskilled work publically. It's the same reason you are less likely to see ugly Japanese lolitas/cosplayers -- for societal reasons people are expected to perfect their skills before showing photos of themselves or attending events, so it's like a filter. (I'm not Russianon, this is just the impression I've gotten from the international hobby communities.)
>>
>>5289689
Had to Google that, but I am personally not Russian or even from Eastern Europe.
I also have to admit that I agree with >>5289834.
I pften don't really like the people behind the work because they do tend to be crazy and snobbish but I can't deny their skill.

Also, Japanese Cosplayers often buy their costumes and rely heavily on Photoshop. On conventions there you often see the grim reality. Russians often work in groups for the best possible result, but they are also super competitive. No fun allowed.

Japanese doll collectors are also often too much into limited culture with untouched full-sets stored in their home.
Of course there is no use in making broad generalizations but you can't deny that some things are observed more in certain cultures and countries than in others.

Personally I actually think that the Chinese have next to the Russians more to offer, but it's hard to see when you can't speak their language. Sure you have your shitty collectors there too but they also have a strong culture of "we can't simply buy/import stuff sooooo...better make it yourself".
I think how creative and experienced people are in these fields is strongly linked to how hard or easy they can buy things. I'm from a rich country, people are lazy fucks here and never had to do make something themselves, of course they have no idea how to do such things nor are willing to do so.
>>
>>5289952
Yeah, I've spent some time looking at the Chinese blogging sites and there's some really nice stuff, especially Chinese traditional wear themed dolls. It's not what you'd expect given how many of their actual companies are just churning out terrible dolls to try and make a buck.
>>
>>5290022
An artist once made a pretty long post on Tumblr about that, namely that there is a lot of pressure on chinese artists because companies tend to be in the hands of bigger general toy companies or people who just think you can make a quick buck with BJDs. So skilled artists have a hard time and need to compete against the cheap fucks, people who think Chinese artists are not allowed to be paid properly and artists from many more countries. Can't find it on mobile right now though.
>>
>>5290049
I've seen that. Makes sense, it also makes me feel bad for the Chinese sculptors who legitimately enjoy sculpting (the Granado people, Oasisdoll, etc) being surrounded by that environment.
>>
Anon who is STILL searching for a decent cosplay tailor, I asked on bjd addicts stressing high quality only, get talking to someone about the commission, ask for examples, get this in return.
About ready to give up desu.
>>
>>5290281
And apparently 4chan is auto correcting t b h as desu. Guess I should just spell out to be honest from now on.
>>
>>5290281
>>5290285
>About ready to give up desu.
>apparently 4chan is auto correcting t b h as desu
Thanks anon I'm in tears from laughing so hard. I needed that.
>>
>>5290281
>>5290285
I feel bad for these people. They probably get told that they're amazing by friends/family, so they don't put as much focus on improving because they think they're already good.

What's the size of your doll, your budget, and a rough idea of what you're looking for?
>>
>>5290281
Well, Yenna and her partner whose name I forget are great seamstresses who take commissions for fantasy type things, but you'll have to pay out the ass for shipping to Europe and back (and they probably charge quite a lot.) Syrinxfox also takes costume commissions but I think it's usually leatherwork and armor, not sure if she would do just plain old cosplay.

All the other people I can think of are retired unfortunately. Like faceup artists, many seamstresses seem to burn out after a while from this batshit community.
>>
File: k6.jpg (294 KB, 1216x902) Image search: [Google]
k6.jpg
294 KB, 1216x902
>>5290322
>size
1/4 - its a MDD which I'm having so much trouble because no one is willing to work off measurements and DD tailors are even worse than bad BJD ones.
>budget
up to $500
>rough idea
pic related.
>>
File: 1.png (2 MB, 2302x858) Image search: [Google]
1.png
2 MB, 2302x858
>>5290329
I also want these made but I'm aware the schoolgirl one can probably be store bought.
>>
>>5290327
Eh, I live in the UK so europe shipping won't be too bad. I can always try, I've messaged dozens by this point without any replies. What platform is this Yenna on?
>>
File: kael_by_myobimarishka-d9ccbpj.png (1 MB, 1007x747) Image search: [Google]
kael_by_myobimarishka-d9ccbpj.png
1 MB, 1007x747
>>5290329
Oh, I didn't realize it was an anime type thing and was thinking more medieval/Gameof Thrones cosplay/fairy (probably because of what the derpy seamstress sent you.) You should check out Beyond Wonderland, can't believe I forgot about them when posting before, they do some of the nicest anime and vidya costumes.
>>
>>5290334
syrinxfox uses that name on deviantart and DoA, yenna is dimensiondolls.com, and Beyond Wonderland is the url on the photo. For anime stuff I do feel like the last one is your best bet.
>>
>>5289111
We'll have to sort through and find some pictures if they're still out there too. I mean you can't go telling someone about TD without the actual photographs of her disgusting house.
>>
>>5289227
Unfortunately since she's tan the only thing that might match is the Obitsu "marrone tan" which is only sporadically produced. I don't know if Azone ever made dolls in it. Also as far as I'm aware Azone is produced in Obitsu's factory so they're the same as far as pale and flesh go? I'm not 100% sure but that's what I've been told.
>>
>>5290581
That sounds almost impossible.

Gonna ask again since nobody seemed to know earlier - who was the owner of DoD most recently? Hoping they can clarify if it will be back.
>>
>>5290281
>those shitty Miro joints
>the elbow joint collapsing on itself because the pieces don't even fit together properly
and
>trying to sell clothes
>having a terrible-looking cheapo body
>that nobody will ever buy clothes for
>too malformed to use as a generic SD-size type
>>
File: 11651535265_088acae59a_b.jpg (189 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
11651535265_088acae59a_b.jpg
189 KB, 667x1000
>>5290775
Their 1/3 girl body is surprisingly okay sculptwise (except for the flat boring hands), but those fucking shitty unposable elbows all their bodies seem to have turned me off from considering it for an Elfdoll hybrid like I wanted to do.

I think the one in the seamstress picture might be a 1/4 actually, but those same totally incompetent elbows either way. Just...why?
>>
>>5290781
i own one of these bodies and i can tell you it is the biggest piece of trash ive ever touched
i consider it worse than a badly made recast
>>
File: Ramune_original_flavor_bottle.jpg (2 MB, 2048x3648) Image search: [Google]
Ramune_original_flavor_bottle.jpg
2 MB, 2048x3648
>>5290781
They don't even understand the elbow piece should evenly support the tension of both arm parts. It's rattling around in the joint like a Ramune marble.
>>
Is it just me or are these ridiculously overpriced?
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheEducatedFlea
>>
>>5291138
Nah, seems average.
>>
For the anon who was asking about Luts' winter event, it's begun. No photos of the gift heads yet though.
http://www.eluts.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD4&ID=563
>>
File: 007.jpg (239 KB, 650x2300) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
239 KB, 650x2300
the splatter effect was a success. so much so that i think i'm going to go back and add it to her regular faceplate. only problem is that it has eyelashes glued in already, double layered. it's going to suck having to remove them, urgh...
>>
>>5291391
paintball chan
>>
>>5291424
i was kind of going for a rainbow faggot version of quiet from metal gear, but paintball chan works too.
>>
>>5291443
i am seeing nothing quiet about this...
is she going to be naked?
>>
>>5291466
just the splotchy ink blot shit around the eyes anon, don't take shit so literally.
>>
>>5291470
lolk
>>
>>5291495
just adding that yes if i could find a colorful bikini and fishnets that fit a unoa i would dress her up in them for laughs.
>>
>>5291514
thats what i want to hear!!
>>
>>5291519
unfortunately i prefer the delicious flatchest piece and all the nice bras are only for the full bust.
>>
>>5291534
okay anon ill go get my unoa and do it myself
...in 6 months when i go home.

i find restringing relaxing for some reason so even though i like the dfc better i dont mind switching out
>>
Faceup anon, you're really going to have to hit us up if you decide to take commissions. You've got some mad skills.
>>
>>5291391
I'm loving the hell out of this.
>>
>>5290666
I don't remember, other than I'm very sure their name started with M (obv not mwells, I wanna say mo or mi something?)
>>
>>5291138
Some of it seems a little overpriced (the simple dress on the MSD girls especially) but the construction seems very good at least. There could be a little more finesse to the finishing and trim that would really make it look worth it.
>>
>>5291745
Was it mizbelle?
>>
>>5291625
Agreeing, your style is what I was hoping for with my Leeke girl. If you ever decide to, I will jump on it immediately.
>>
>>5291764
No I don't think she's been on there for a while now. It wasn't someone who had been a member that long. Just whoever was willing to take it I guess.
>>
>>5291625
>>5291775
thanks guys. i used to open for commissions regularly but now i almost never do, except for the occasional request from people who've hired me before who i know aren't jerks. i mean, i might open shop again in the future, but not likely until spring, as right now the days are too short and it's too dark to paint all day. time will tell! but honestly i've become really apathetic about things, it's probably depression, but i am super fucking lazy and don't feel like doing anything on my days off. i still haven't finished that dollhouse for my realpuki i started a year ago.
>>
And, surprising nobody, the sharpied-looking Amber head also came with a weird looking CoA whose number matches up to some other doll. Guess you should be glad you didn't buy it anon.
>>
>>5290316
desu.
>>
>>5292180
desu
>>
>>5292168
lol the COA isnt even cut right

i feel bad for anyone who bought a doll from her in the past and is over the claim period
>>
>>5292180
Holy fuck, what. It actually changed it.

Wow.
>>
>>5292187
You made me do it too. I...I thought the other anon was just messing with us
>>
>>5292189
I- I did too, which is why I tested it. What the fuck. That's hilarious.
>>
>>5292191
WAIT. WAIT.
IT CHANGES F A M TOO.

God bless desu senpai
>>
>>5292195
>>5292187
>>5292183
>>5292180
Welcome to last month dollfags.
>>
>>5292180
>>5292183
>>5292187
>>5292189
>>5292191
>>5292195
Jesus fucking Christ I'm laughing harder than I should be but fuck it laughter is great.
>>
>>5291391
Holy shit anon, I would totally own that. If you took commissions I would buy a doll just for you to paint like that.
>>
>>5292195
Same desu senpai
>>
>>5292401
>>5291391
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that given how many people here are begging for you to take their money but you understandably don't want to reopen commissions in the near future, it might be worth your time to try painting and auctioning off things on ebay ? Like Pepstar and some other people used to do for big bucks -- people would pay $300-400 for her bedazzled Bobobie sprites, and your work is significantly nicer imo and would probably be popular.
>>
>>5292413
We can all fight over the heads rainbow anon auctions! A perfect solution desu.
>>
desu
>>
>>5292486
Damn guess ya'll weren't fucking around senpai.
>>
Anyone know what's up with Illusion Spirit? Did they close?
>>
File: 100_1407.jpg (842 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
100_1407.jpg
842 KB, 1000x1333
I hope not bother sharing my custom Obitsu now possess camera and I learned to edit lights
>>
>>5292500
She's really cute! I love her eyes!
>>
File: 20151120_134306.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151120_134306.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Please don't mind the potoato picture but I finally got the right sized clothes and my Assault Lilly is looking supa kawaii desu ne.
>>
>>5292500
Those eyes are gorgeous. This is a really great photo in general, too. Good job, anon!

>>5292573
What a cute dress! Is that an Azone dress or from somewhere else? Either way, I love it.
>>
>>5292591
Azone picco neemo dress. It has removable sleeves that look really nice but she looks cuter without them.
>>
>>5292413
gah well... i do have a few extra faceplates and heads on the way in. i could try to do some colorful faceups on them (i have a unoa decadent that i was thinking of doing a darker, maybe gothy version of the paint splash thing, in dark blue, magenta, and purple and have bitchy looking black eyebrows or something.) a sleeping lusis plate, and incoming is the fall event MNF head, and a realfee pano plate that i might end up keeping though, i was going to go for an evil look on it.

i prefer to sell on DOA, i've never used ebay. i could possibly sell on etsy if you guys don't have DOA, or secretly through my flickr, but i do prefer USA only or at the very least, english speaking countries. i really don't like shipping overseas, and as shipping is fucking ridiculous out of the US it's probably wouldn't be worth it for anyone anyway, unless they really fucking wanted the face/head reaaaally bad imo.

so should i add the splatter effect to the original lusis face? the one with the butterfly?
>>
>>5292763
oh i forgot i will also be getting a chicline ineffa plate and headback that i'll be faceupping to sell too.
>>
>>5292763
I guess you could do DoA auctions, those don't tend to go as high or incite bidding wars though (from the few I;ve seen); I suggested ebay mostly because it seemed the most likely to get people cash/views for OOAK items, but it's really up to you of course, etsy is a good option if you're fine with a price cap. (As for "you guys", I don't think people here are the only ones who would get in a bid fight over these.)

For what it's worth, you can set ebay to only allow your items to sell to domestic buyers, like many people on Yahoo Japan do which is why we have to mess with proxies for it...but again, etsy is fine for OOAK heads/plates too. Light Limner and a few other faceup artists do that sort of thing there.
>>
File: angeltoast.jpg (187 KB, 594x434) Image search: [Google]
angeltoast.jpg
187 KB, 594x434
>>5292884
maybe i just doubt my skills but i can't see people getting into bidding wars over my faceups. angeltoast does amazing faceups, and she tried doing the ebay auction thing with her special zodiac themed OOAKs and i was stunned by how low they sold for. i think she's even stopped bothering to do them, the last one she did was in july and it was TWO chloe heads done absolutely beautifully and they only sold for $234.50, thats for BOTH heads. and she's a super popular artist too. i mean, fuck, i've sold a simple realfee may face for $120, which is more than what she got for just one of those heads.

ebay is just not the place for OOAK doll head sales. i'm a nobody compared to angeltoast, there's no way i'd sell them for anything decent.
>>
File: angeltoast2.jpg (158 KB, 720x890) Image search: [Google]
angeltoast2.jpg
158 KB, 720x890
>>5292905
and this is another one she did, only sold for $177 on ebay, which is practically what she could have asked for it blank, practically, as migidoll sells the heads on their own for $140. that means she only got $37 for that faceup. fuuuuuck that. it's no wonder she stopped doing them when she charges $90 for a basic SD faceup commission.
>>
>>5292916
The problem is anon that these face-ups are skilled and artsy...but not what most people want on their dolls.
What are you supposed to do with that? It's so strict and unflexible and you need to be worried to damage it because as soon as the face-up gets damaged or wipe all the additional money you paid for it was for nothing.
As long as you aren't looking for exactly THIS thing there is no reason to buy it.

That's why all I heads I painted for sale where always face-ups that could be used by a big amount of people, that way you know finding a buyer is easier and so far I always sold these heads.
>>
>>5292905
>>5292916
I think a lot of doll people are scared away from eBay because of the amount of recasts. I bet on a different medium (etsy) they would have sold for much more.

Then again maybe not. What the heck do I know.
>>
>>5292941
Heck, I'm sure she could have sold that Migidoll head for more with just the normal face-up underneath because that's lovely...but who's going to want a doll with pearls, bedazzled swirls and glitter?
Just give him the basic face-up with the brown eyebrows, long lashes, soft lips and a bit of blushing and you have tons of people who would be able to use him.

When you sell such heads always try to do something people would commission from you anyway.
>>
>>5292941
I swear I know how to English
>why all heads I painted for sale were always
>>
File: 23132960375_a61b9c87cf.jpg (50 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
23132960375_a61b9c87cf.jpg
50 KB, 500x375
>>5292168
I am really fucking glad I dodged that bullet. Oh man. How the fuck do you dispute all this evidence? The inside of the head is fucking disgusting, too.

>>5292185
I hadn't seen that seller before, so I was pretty wary. They only had 1-2 feedback when they were selling the SharpiedAmber.

>>5292500
Cutest Obitsu custom ever 10/10 would handle like a grail
>>
>>5292905
>>5292916
Oh, that's too bad...the auctions I'm talking about were like 2008 or earlier and I think not only did people have more money to spend at the time, there was also no recast fear, so maybe that was why that format was more successful back then.
>>
>>5292941
yeah but my point is that people are encouraging me to do auctions for rainbow/colorful faceups, but like you said, unless someone is looking for that specifically, and specifically at the time i put the auction up, then i'm not likely to sell it for anymore than i would have if i just decide on a price and put it up for a regular sale.
>>
>>5292948
if those jewels were put on with water based glue, they could easily be removed without damaging the faceup, just carefully wet the area until the glue softens and they come off, then just use a wet paper towel and rub off the glue still on the head.
>>
>>5293116
I don't get that. Like I wouldn't buy a OOAK-faceup-head being sold specifically for the faceup if I intended to change it (which is probably part of the issue faceup anon is talking about.) Recently an artist I like whose dolls are usually only available as ~$600 full dolls did some OOAK artsily-painted head sales on etsy, (with a big markup but still less than a whole doll), and I thought about getting one but refrained because why the hell am I paying so much extra for a super-fancy faceup if I'm going to wipe or modify the thing anyway?

Etsy is probably a good format for things like this, yeah.
>>
Blythe customs on Etsy go in the $1200+ range. Etsy is great for doll stuff.
>>
>>5293125
people who buy these OOAK are buying them because of the faceups though, anon. that's the whole point. questioning that is kind of like questioning why people buy paintings when you can just buy a blank canvas instead. the doll is the medium, but the faceup is the art to some people.

why would you even look at OOAK faceupped dolls if you want a blank one to customize anyway?
>>
>>5293107
you might have been thinking of sdink, she's done ebay auctions before and her dolls would go for crazy amounts. they probably would still even now, but it was during the height of her popularity that she used to do auctions.

then again they weren't crazy faceups, just her regular style.
>>
>>5293170
Well, I was talking about Pepstar specifically; her Bobobie sprites (~$140 retail) would go for $300 to $400. They weren't quite her usual style, a little more fantasy, but that was because they were those candy colors Bobobie does. But yeah, I forgot SDink used to do those. I guess it can work for some people, if your faceup is in demand.

>>5293166
I thought I explained that? Your entire first paragraph is the reason I didn't buy it. And like I said the reason I was looking at it was that the artist usually only sold them as full dolls instead of heads so I could have bought one and hybridized it with a decent body for less than the cost of the usual full doll.
>>
I just want to point out that I think rainbow faceup anon's work would sell more than >>5292916 and >>5292905 because anon's work is a good balance between crazy unique and normal faceup. The other artist's faceups are really nice, but there is zero versatility.
>>
>>5293166
I think you're misreading their post. They said "I wouldn't buy an OOAK faceup head if I planned to change it, since the faceup is the whole point" in response to the suggestion of pulling the beads off the Angeltoast ones. Which matches up with what you said.
>>
>>5293170
i honestly don't get pepstar's popularity. i mean, she's good, but her style just turns me off, it is way too fashiondoll/barbie looking, but maybe those types of doll collectors are the ones who are buying her work. the overly defined lip outlines and drawn on chola brows are just... err... i think its the brows that bother me the most. when she isn't doing the drawn on drag queen / chola look she does overly hairy caterpillars
>>
File: pepstar.jpg (71 KB, 648x348) Image search: [Google]
pepstar.jpg
71 KB, 648x348
>>5293200
oops, this was meant for >>5293182

...like... this faceup doesn't look like an improvement to me.
>>
File: pepstarvenitu.jpg (79 KB, 431x648) Image search: [Google]
pepstarvenitu.jpg
79 KB, 431x648
>>5293205
now i've fallen into the rabbit hole of her gallery. wtf is going on with this venitu's eyebrows? they might as well be sharpie. HOW is she so popular?
>>
>>5293207
She is only popular with a very specific crowd, and that is indeed old women who probably mostly collect fashion dolls.
She also did not really get much better in the last years.

>>5293133
Blythe cannot be compared to BJDs though. These crazies pay 100+ $ for animal hats just because they are in right now.
Also mostly old women with too much money can be fooled into payong everything.

>>5293112
Yeah, true.
No offends towards the others but experience shows that you cannot trust people to actually buy your stuff just because they claimed so before. It's better to cover your ass and do stuff you know that sells well, when selling is important to you. If not go for the artsy stuff and just hope the right person comes along.
>>
>>5293112
but there is a large difference between your style and that persons style. you're doing different things. she's doing a full face paint where you're just doing eye embelishes. It's like the difference of painting your face and putting on cool eyeshadow.

your face ups leave a lot of room for people to add their own flares be it in clothing and hair choices, where as the other face ups were too restrictive. If you weren't doing a fantasy type doll, you were fucked. Your face ups could be a normal doll, fantasy or anything else, really.

and it's not that hard to put the starting price of an auction at price where you don't have any loss. Calculate the costs of the head and time it took you to do it, that way if anyone bids it's just a bonus. If no one bids then move it to etsy. There's no risk in trying it and you have the ability to make a lot more money.
>>
File: 006.jpg (86 KB, 750x756) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
86 KB, 750x756
so i went ahead with the splatter. hnnngh she's so cute. sooo glad i sold my kid delf and got a lusis instead, i've always wanted one. unoalchemy is the shit. i'm even considering getting a sist sometime, maybe tan if they offer b-grades in their new tan.
>>
File: 020.jpg (158 KB, 650x1479) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
158 KB, 650x1479
>>5293238
thanks anon. maybe i'll consider it. i'm not big on social media though, i think to be successful in auctions you'd need to spam tumblr/instagram/blogs etc nowadays, and i have ZERO interest in getting involved with the tumblr/social media crowd. i only post on flickr, and sometimes a random spam photo on DOA, but i never bother with DOA galleries. but yeah, idk, its something to think about, i guess!

here's another shot of lusis standing in the heels i got free. surprised she can still stand, given how loose she is. and though the pink hair doesn't match her brows and hides half her faceup, the shoes match it, so i'll leave her like this until i find another wig i like.
>>
File: 100_1326.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2667) Image search: [Google]
100_1326.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2667
>>5292502
>>5292591
>>5293063
thanks you, I will share my different jobs
>>
>>5293260
did you paint these anon? they're adorable. sometimes i think about getting one, i think there would be more versatility in painting them than there would be a monster high or barbie or whatever.
>>
>>5293200
>>5293205
I'm totally with you, I don't get it either, just happened to remember that she did well using that method. Most of it is very uninteresting and yeah the fashion doll influence is obvious (though that's probably who she is popular with -- older ladies who got into the hobbie from Tonners or Barbies)
>>
rainbow anon are you the same person who did a candy/rainbow themed face up on a DWC02?
>>
>>5293312
nope, my first rainbow doll was the kid delf winter event head, then these two unoas. i haven't done anything similar prior to these.
>>
File: 100_1360.jpg (1 MB, 1250x938) Image search: [Google]
100_1360.jpg
1 MB, 1250x938
>>5293271
for your eyes only acrylic paint use, the result is not really so cute only with pencils watercolors, or might mine are of poor quality, I will try when I have money with inktense Derwent, use dry pastels blush.
>>
>>5293457
i have a few inktense pencils, but i need to buy more, as my black is just a tiny little nub, its worn down to almost nothing because i use it for bjd eyeliner.

where can you get blank azone dolls? i tried looking on amiami and HLJ but they only have character dolls, no blank ones.
>>
File: 100_1327.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
100_1327.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>>5293471
sell on ebay heads with hair, but I Obitsu use is cheaper, the trouble is that the Obitsu hair can not be shaped as the saran is something heavy to hairstyles
>>
>>5293471
If you're in the US you can get the blank anime heads (Obitsu, not Azone, i really don't know anything about Azone) that anon is talking about from Junkyspot
>>
>>5293246
TOO CUTE.
>>
>Walk into Tuesday Morning
>Leave with a Dal Charlotte for $40
The legends were true.
>>
>>5293594
i got a tinkerbell dal from there!! like where do they come from?
>>
>>5293594

I got a dal Charlotte from Tuesday morning, kept it's clothes and sold the doll nude for what I paid.

I feel bad for people who love pullips and don't have that chain.
>>
So I just barely missed the order period for the Vampire Dotty Muse from Peakswoods. Would it be weird to email them and offer to take up an abandoned layaway if they end up having one?
>>
>>5293063
It takes a lot of jackassiness for her to sell a chipped, scratched, filthy recast head. For fucks sake, she probably paid under $50 total for it. That's two Monster High dolls and lunch at Taco Bell... throw it away.
>>
>>5293638
I honestly thought it was a once in a while story. That's how discount stores usually are. But I walked in and there was a whole Pullip section. I think I'm keeping this one as a display doll since it's one of the few dolls I think is perfect as is, but I'm definitely going back tomorrow for a second...or third or fourth or fifth doll.
>>
>>5293739
Christ, anon where do you live?
>>
>>5293809
Oklahoma. Every once in a while, a reason to stay in this state (well, besides work) comes around.
>>
>tfw you just got a slot with one of the faceup artists you've been dying to send a head to
>>
File: fujobait.jpg (69 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
fujobait.jpg
69 KB, 1080x1080
So I was scrolling through instagram when -

>"Thinking of doing a Smart Doll Eiji BL double pack for sale."

It's like that was his intent all along with these male dolls and I'm not the least bit surprised since it seems people are clamoring for them. The right one needs to lay off the spray tan, though.

>>5294025
Congrats! Hope the face-up turns out splendid for you.
>>
>>5294165
I don't like the tan color either (it's just too orange -- it was my understanding that resin makers do that in an effort to curtail greening as the red pigment fades, but this is vinyl, he can make the color nicer...) but the face somehow looks good on the tan one, even though I know it's the same alien-y sculpt as the pale one.

Lol at the idea of low-standards fujoshi buying a BL two pack with the exact same face though, like...why the hell. But guess people are desperate. And here I still thought resin dolls had the fujoshi market cornered...I guess it's been a long time since the days of underdressed yaoi Chiwoos and Els everywhere.
>>
File: hips.png (426 KB, 704x444) Image search: [Google]
hips.png
426 KB, 704x444
>>5294165
I know that's exactly how he does the hips on the girls but goddamn it looks pretty awful on the guys. There's just too much empty space where their pelvis should be.
>>
>>5294167
>buying a BL two pack with the exact same face though, like...why the hell

This could just be attributed to my being an asshole, but don't most of them Vinyls have almost identical faces anyway?
>>
>>5294352
The Choo dolls do, yes
>>
>>5294355

From the perspective of someone who collects resin dolls, DDs aren't much better.
>>
>>5294418
This so much.

Yes, the DD sculpts do usually have differences, some more, some less (Alna for example looks different to a DDH06, same for Rise versus Miku etc.), but the vast majority of them are pretty bland.
When you paint them it's possible to let them look pretty different from each other, but blank?
The ones that DO really look different from the rest (like the mentioned Rise or Alna, or the ones with exaggerated :3 lips like Akira) usually do so because they have one or two attributes that make them really stand out, usually these attributes are pushing them closer to BJD and realism.

If you aren't blind you can of course see differences, but they are often barely visible anymore when painted the right way.
And the ones that aren't are of course hard to get.
>>
>>5294442
Exactly. I don't see what the big deal about getting two Eijis for fujioshit purposes when giving them different faceups and hair would probably do the trick.

Hell, it's even true to life with how certain styles of anime just have the same base of the character and just change the colour pallet and hairstyle.
>>
>>5293739
I am envious, ngl. I find the occasional mini Pullip/Dal and J-Dolls in our local TM. Never any full sized ones. But yeah, I hear the store in Amarillo, TX has a nice Pullip section. Gonna have to roadtrip someday.
>>
I love the new Le petit Prince Isu, but I've never owned one before and I usually love to customize my dolls.
I love the character so much though and it's hard to get nice merchandise.

How do Isul compare to Pullips or even better, Blythe?
Maybe I could at least give him a more detailed face-up...
>>
>>5294700
Isul is part of the Pullip family. I have the Sailor Chibi Moon Dal, and there are mixed pros and cons to her. Her wig is soft and a pretty color, but some of the strands didn't separate well, so it's chunky has is shinier than I'd like. The thing with Pullip dolls is that they can be trickier to customize. Sometimes the glue holding on their wigs isn't bad, other times, you have to destroy the wig to get it off. I hadn't tried with my Dal, but I worked on others in the past. Honestly, they're all cuter than in stock pics, so if you have your heart set on that one, go for it! I really think he's adorable.
>>
>>5294715
I don't own any from the Pullip family yet (still would love to get the Oscar Pullip one day though), that's why I'm still a bit on the fence.
All my dolls are customized and I love working on them, so shelling out 150$ bucks on a doll that just stands around from a line I don't own yet makes me go all "hm".
And starting a new line just for him?
The price itself is okay, but not for something I would probably keep all default. Same why I don't buy BJD full-sets, I'm just not into full-sets.

But he's so gorgeous and I love his little outfit (and could get his "normal" one probably easily commissioned on top).
Losing the wig wouldn't even be that bad, I would buy him a mohair one anyway and higher quality chips too.
Maybe I try to squeeze him in as a Christmas present...
>>
File: jozo2.jpg (119 KB, 575x575) Image search: [Google]
jozo2.jpg
119 KB, 575x575
Oh man impldoll what are these even. Like I'm impressed with the paint job but why did they have to make the eyes different sizes? It would have been okay if the eyes had both been slots.
>>
>>5294862
For some reason they totally remind me of the ThreeA robots.
>>
>>5294862

Did someone wipe their ass with these?
>>
>>5294862
It's supposed to be a mask, isn't it? Goofy, but there's a human swappable head so I figure those holes aren't actually meant to be eyes.

If the head had been cute these would've been nice, like the Dollti tinman (any of you DoD refugees remember Pushpin's ridiculously cute one?) As it is they're just too goofy.
>>
>>5294700
I love Isuls the most, they're so cute. I'd buy the new Le Petit Prince if I didn't had so many already...
>>
>>5294700
Like the other anon said, Isul is just pullip with a shorter body and different head. The quality of the stock depends entirely on the doll. Back when Jun Planning owned and distributed the line, the quality was really good for every doll. When Groove took over, it became hit or miss. In general, collaborative dolls (like licensed characters, or ones that are done in collab. with fashion designers) are higher quality in regards to the wig and clothing. IMO they always do a terrific job with the makeup, and thats probably my favorite thing about the line of dolls.

They're really pretty dolls, and you can always get a good deal on new dolls (and some older ones) at Pullipstyle.

Also if your into customizing, Pullip MIO (Make It Own) system allows you to pick out a completely customized doll - wig, eyes, color of the plastic, etc. and you can get blank dolls.
>>
>>5294816
Oh man, I like the Oscar Pullip. The faceups aren't absolutely awful, but they are about on par with default company faceups you'd get from LUTS or whatnot.

The sailor fuku on my Chibimoon Dal is questionable material (Pleather and vinyl? Really?), but I like how they constructed it. Another thing I don't like about Dal is how friggen topheavy she is. Mine came pretty loose, so it takes 10 hail marys and creative positioning to get her to stand, even on her stand. I will likely end up hybriding her on an Obitsu body, since the default Groove bodies are not the best.
>>
So did it turn out kleincrew was a scammers after all? She hid her tumblr and hasn't fulfilled her patron promises.
>>
>>5295292
She's at hellcorgi now, unless that vanished too.
>>
>>5293718
Go for it, no harm in asking.
>>
Ok, I'm from /cgl/ and I have no idea what I am doing I have only bought from volks USA before, but I need this.
Is it a lottery? Do I have to get a SS or will the usa store get it?
>>
>>5295203
>Pleather and vinyl
I hate that companies still use pleather on "collectible" doll clothes. It has a 15-20 year lifespan before it self destructs.
>>
>>5295383

I have no idea how to order from volks or whatever, I just had to say that blonde dolls eyes seem to be trying to ecape off the edges of her face.
>>
>>5293483
You can get bald Obitsu heads and put a wig or root them with lighter hair. I did one with nylon and it worked well.
>>
>>5293638
>>5293739
The one near me never has Pullips, I've only found a lone Ai that was put in the porcelain knicknack area. Even asked the manager and she said they hadn't had any in a very very long time.
>>
>>5295383
I don't think they will have leftover stock to be sold internationally, unfortunately. I checked the DoA discussion thread and a member who has a long experience with observing their sales methods posted this:

>The DearSD will likely be drawn/lottery the way it was at HT Dolpa Kyoto 12. They will have some on display and people will enter by lottery. Not sure if you would need a member card? It seems unlikely that they will be available International which is really sad. :(

...which sounds like most or all of them will go to people physically attending the event where they are sold. However, as the event draws closer, it may be turn out to be possible to enter for them online? If so it would be through volks.co.jp, not Volks USA, and probablyh only for Japan residents; so far every single DearSD has been sold in Japan only. Just keep an eye out I guess, you will probably have to use an SS to have a chance.
>>
Hahahaha. Buff has had a thread up in Paging/Problem Transactions forever trying to let some people know that she still owned CoAs for dolls she had sold them, and just updated it to 'resolved' because she threw the certificates in the trash...well, that's one way to resolve a transaction.
>>
Let's play a game. You have $2000 to spend on a doll. Any doll. It will be new, legit, and if it is out of production/limited, the company magically makes a new doll just for you.

The remainining money will be spent on a wig, faceup, clothes, and shoes. Again, if say the faceup artist no longer does commissions, they change their mind just for you. Same with accessories.

List your choices and the prices. I felt like $2000 was more than usual, but not so much that you could go crazy without thinking about the cost.

>What doll?:
>Wig:
>Faceup Artist:
>Outfit 1:
>Outfit 2:
>If you have remaining money, what doll related items will you buy?:
>Grand Total:
>>
>>5296260
Damn, for 2000$ I can't even get the blank doll I want.

Else 2000 is not even that much for a doll with two outfits, wig, custom face-up etc.
>>
>>5295906
Thank you! If it is available online, do you know if Volks blocks forwarding services like tenso?
>>
File: azncts001asg_2_1435649345.jpg (22 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
azncts001asg_2_1435649345.jpg
22 KB, 600x450
Anyone had experience with Picco Neemo?
>>
>>5296502
That's not a pico neemo, what is that?
>>
>>5296662
I think it's part of the Assault Lily line. So same body, plastic hair head.
>>
>>5296665
How would I get something like that?
>>
>>5296757
amiami or mandarake
>>
>>5296260
>>5296334
>tfw trinity violet letter knife is grail
>>
>>5296662
Assault Lilys are Picco Neemo bodies with Figma-like heads. They have faceplates and all.
>>
>>5296912
oh! thank you! They're sold with those parts together? I would really like them! I wanted something doll like but not a BJD, as they're too pricey and delicate for me, so I hope these are more inexpensive!
>>
>>5296919
They are incredibly affordable. If you're not a fan of the heads, the bodies are only $20. I believe Assault Lily dolls fall into the $100 range.
>>
>>5296919
>>5296956
Also to add, if you use the S body (the one Assault Lily uses), some Figma heads fit on with no modding. The bigger headed ones are recommended, like Lucky Star and Squid Girl. There's also a growing amount of people putting Nendoroid heads on the D body. It requires slight filing down of the Picco body neck peg but you can actually buy extras so its not damaging anything, and you aren't altering the Nendo at all.

They also work perfectly with 1/12 dioramas and furniture.
>>
>>5296956
>>5296971
Ah, I see! I really like the heads actually! I like how dolls hair looks but I prefer plastic molded hair. I'm wondering how their articulation is? I lurk in the doll thread because I love looking at dolls, so I've seen people say BJD articulation can be pretty lacking. What's it like on Assault Lily dolls?
>>
>reply to a thread asking for help hybridizing an anime-proportioned head with some body suggestions, saying "well, since it's anime styled, so-and-so thing might look good"
>get a snarky reply saying 'thanks I know it's anime styled'

well ok
>>
>>5294946
>>5294964
>>5295203

Thanks you guys.

I know of the MIOs (and have planned to buy a few for customizing and selling), but I never put much thought into any other than the actual Pullips among these dolls.
Taeyang are not my taste and the smaller ones not my size (I also don't like Middie Blythe).

However, I know thought that the Prince might be a great toy for my SD10 Volks boy who is supposed to look a bit like him anyway.
Now I just need to scratch together the funds for him.

Do they stay true to their release dates?
Because I thought about ordering him on AmiAmi since there you have to pay when shipping is due.
But so far it says he will ship end of December and I doubt I will make it till then.
>>
>>5296976
>>5296956
>>5296971
After a little checking, the Assault Lilys aren't really in my price range, but I'm good enough at sewing and painting to buy a pico neemo body and a lucky star figma to make my doll! I'm really glad you helped me out with this, if they're permitted in this thread I'll post pics once I've made her.
>>
>>5297208
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-AZONE-1-6-Pure-Neemo-Flection-S-Full-Action-Natural-Skin-Doll-Body-Japan-/171998738366?hash=item280bec77be:g:4JUAAOSwl9BWIGas
is that okay? I couldn't find any pico neemo in size S on ebay, but I found this. Sorry to spam the thread, also.
>>
>>5297109
Yes they're pretty true to the release dates. They announce them pretty far in advance too.
>>
>>5297213
Pure Neemos are 1/6. Picco Neemos are 1/12. Big difference. Amazon actually almost always has Picco Neemo bodies in stock.
>>
>>5297335
Oh, I misspelled it.
I checked amazon again but their stock is twice the price of what I've found on ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Azone-1-12-Picco-Neemo-Nude-Doll-PCN002-SWH-WHITE-SKIN-/351566830552?hash=item51db041bd8:g:T58AAOSwHnFVllzz
is this the right body then? I'm so frightened of buying the wrong thing.
>>
>>5297357
Well, I planned my first doll! I'm really excited to buy it, though perhaps it'd be OK to post here, for advice or criticism. It comes to £60 but that's £50 just on body and head.
Links, too:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Azone-1-12-Picco-Neemo-Changeable-BIG-HANDS-PCA004-WHT-WHITE-COLOR-/381455580317?hash=item58d0863c9d:g:jOYAAOSwKIpWCQDd
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Azone-1-12-Picco-Neemo-Nude-Doll-PCN002-SWH-WHITE-SKIN-/351566830552?hash=item51db041bd8:g:T58AAOSwHnFVllzz
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lucky-Miyuki-Winter-School-Uniform/dp/B001G5ZCZG/ref=pd_bxgy_21_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CMEHC9Y7R1E9EEBEW07
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-DOL-7997
>>
File: 31U5xO3wZWL.jpg (279 KB, 710x1458) Image search: [Google]
31U5xO3wZWL.jpg
279 KB, 710x1458
>>5297554
Damn it, forgot image:
>>
>>5297558
Looks like she'll be cute when she's done! However, I have 0 experience with any neemos so I can't say whether this'll WORK or not.
>>
>>5297571
yeah, I know that at the very least the body and clothes should fit. It's the head that's the problem, which is why I was sure to get one from a figure I actually liked!
>>
>>5297650
After a little hunting, I managed to drop the price of the whole thing to £30
>>
>>5297558
You can't put those hands on that body.
>>
>>5297675
Oh? I ended up looking at a different pair of hands and a different body, as by buying all this stuff from amiami I potentially save £50.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-DOL-04938
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-DOL-04934
>>
File: picco neemo types.jpg (38 KB, 548x430) Image search: [Google]
picco neemo types.jpg
38 KB, 548x430
>>5297675
This anon is right. There are two types of Picco Neemos, you've got the small-hands/feet body there with a hand set for the big-hands/feet body.
>>
Describe a doll that hasn't been sculpted yet that you would pay anything for. I don't care how weird it is or unlikely it is to be made, I'm just curious about what you want.
>>
>>5297683
Would the D body and hands work with a figma head? I think it's cuter in shape, and can see the hands are better articulated.
>>
>>5297909
I checked and it definitely does not. I'll consider switching to a D body if I can find a cute nendo cheaper, but otherwise I'll stay with S
>>
File: FB_IMG_1448276999718.jpg (53 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448276999718.jpg
53 KB, 720x960
Even this doll looks unsure about the shoddy work
>>
File: FIG-MOE-1070.jpg (70 KB, 414x789) Image search: [Google]
FIG-MOE-1070.jpg
70 KB, 414x789
>>5297909
well, I think I'm done spamming now. This is the final plan for her, and I'm just hoping the skin tone matches with the head. I've decided to stay with the S body for now, and get a D one later to use with a nendo head. I'm glad I checked AmiAmi, as it was more than half the price to buy from there than my Amazon and Ebay sellers, so long as customs and shipping don't cost too much. I really hope this actually works and I didn't mess it up, I'm really new to this. Critique welcomed.
>>
>>5297939
The poor thing.
>>
>>5297870
This has been at least partially sculpted, but I'd really like to see Foolbot's cyclops get finished and cast.
>>
File: libido.jpg (35 KB, 429x600) Image search: [Google]
libido.jpg
35 KB, 429x600
>Tokyo Libido

Is this fuckable?

>http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-DOL-7645&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_agelimit%3D0%24s_condition_flg%3D0%24s_maker_id%3D4656%24pagemax%3D30%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1
>>
>>5298031
>>/jp/
>>
>>5298031
more serious answer: as far as I remember they are not fuckable by default but you can buy special parts for them to make it possible.

Still, wrong place to ask this, the doll fuckers are in /jp/
>>
>>5298047
>>5298048
I'm not asking because I want to fuck it, I don't even have a dick. I just had a laugh because it's literally called Libido.

Is it like a wannabe DD?
>>
>>5298063
>I'm a grill btw
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.