[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BJD/Doll Thread: ~*~OC Don't Steel Edition~*~
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: mikuisdumb.jpg (218 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
mikuisdumb.jpg
218 KB, 660x440
Old thread >>>>5261812

FAQs:
/toy/ - tinyurl com ihatedolls
/jp/ - tinyurl com dollfaq
>>
File: 2b9c4b93.jpg (113 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
2b9c4b93.jpg
113 KB, 720x540
>>
>>5275061

Yes, you should buy a wig cap. All vinyl can stain. Plus, it will help the wig stay on better. I have only used silicon wig caps, but I keep lighter wigs on my dolls and all of my wigs have nude or white fabric for the base.
>>
File: antewhite.png (529 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
antewhite.png
529 KB, 460x690
>>
File: Derp.jpg (128 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Derp.jpg
128 KB, 640x640
>>5275314
Fairyland best company
>>
>>5275352
Surely you jest, their quality control and customer service is the absolute worst. Their tagline should be:
>Fairyland: The only company whose recasts are better quality than the $500+ originals
>>
>>5275277
Her wig is blonde, unless they put a fucking black tag under.
*sigh* guess I'll ebay an extra cap this week at least.
>>
>>5275362
how is their customer service shit, anyway? i always hear this but never see examples. i've ordered from them tons of times and never had an issue, when i ask them questions on the Q&A i always get answers so... what gives?
>>
File: 1440070734374.gif (920 KB, 446x374) Image search: [Google]
1440070734374.gif
920 KB, 446x374
>>5275362
See filename.
>>
>used the last tissue in that cute package of tissues that crobidoll sent with my order

Damn. I need to order some stuff from crobi just so I can get more cute doll themed stationary and tissues.
>>
>>5274191#

I'm not sure what scale, but I'm looking for the flexibility you find in a BJD doll. Can vinyls pose like that?
And I'm thinking 1/3rds might be more useful, I can include a lot more detail on the prototypes that way.
>>
File: FIG-DOL-7483.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FIG-DOL-7483.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
Welp, looks like my persistence paid off. Just ordered Aoi here from Jungle. Anyone order from them before? She was B grade, should I expect any real damage?
>>
>>5275398
I've only bought a secondhand FL doll, but the QC is awful and they are often not willing to compromise with customers if the doll arrives with problems. My LTF has pockmarks in her chest, but it's not a big deal to me since she wears clothing all the time.
>>
>>5275492
Cute! From what I hear, the majority of Japanese secondhand merchants like that are very generous in disclosing any damage. Chances are, the box has taken a light beating.
>>
File: 1392195717_18114_Shion3.jpg (143 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1392195717_18114_Shion3.jpg
143 KB, 600x800
>>5275515
Thanks! But now I'm nervous I'll go broke buying clothes for her instead of actually buying more toys. There's a couple of this girl up on Mandarake, so Aoi might be getting an older sister soon, too.
>>
>>5275490
Okay, but just so you know, a realistic male 1/3 BJD is going to set you back $400-600 dollars. Additionally, not all of them are good at posing.
(Incidentally, some 1/6 vinyls are quite good at posing, but like i said i'm so out of touch with what's available these days that someone else can probaby answer that better -- you might even want to sign up on a forum for them.)
>>
>>5275597
That's not bad. I was looking at the Iplehouse ones, they're pretty neat. I'll look at the vinyl figures, though. Thanks.
>>
>>5275759
Iplehouse are sadly really bad posers, still love my EID dude to bits
>>
>>5275815
Ah, damn. Any dolls of similar quality that are good at posing?
And what are "movement thighs"?
>>
>>5275824
Sadly the bigger they get the worse they pose, and realism and beauty is usually regarded higher with them. So you will get beautiful looking bodies that can barely do the basics.

Movement or mobility thighs have an extra joint in the thigh that makes it possible to rotate them. Else you have one solid thigh that can only rotate in the hip joint.
>>
>>5275858
Him, that's a shame. I need the flexibility to test a few features. Are any smaller Iples better at poses? Not the child ones, but the teenager ones?
>>
>>5275865
Can't help with that, only handled their 45cm ones (JID) and the 70cm ones (EID), both female and male.
They all can do the basic stuff like sitting, standing and such but not much. Heck, the EID dudes can't even properly look down.
>>
>>5275815
>>5275824
The new Granado large male body seems to pose really well (they put a vid on YT that i cant pull up on mobile)
>>
>>5275906
Wait nvm, I found it! Probably the best-posing "muscular man" body i've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kM8xB5nvs
>>
>>5275909
Fuckin' awesome, thanks!
>>
>>5275889
That's too bad. They're very nice. Oh well. Thank you.
>>
>>5275909
lmao the part where they're just tapping it/slapping its chest to try and make it fall over is hilarious.
>>
>>5275906
Aaah yes, Granado. I only have two of their older bodies (68 and nuevo) so I can't say much about the Evol. But better than Iple definitely and the video does look promising.
>>
Jeez, someone on DoA is going around commenting on random people's meetup pictures from 2004-2006, whatever the fuck for? Awkward.
>>
Maybe a stupid question but what's the best way to ship a BJD wig? Is a ubble mailer ok, and does it need some of that stapled cardboard? I have one of the little nets on it to keep it from frizzing, I just don't know if it will get squashed and damaged in a bubble mailer.
>>
>>5276048
I always ship mine in a small box with bubble bubble wrap to fill the edges (packing peanuts can break and then you end up with styrofoam in the hair).
>>
>>5276073
A box does sound safe, it's just that I have padded envelopes and have received wigs in them from ebay sellers etc before...do you think it would get squashed in there? I could staple some cardboard in a square and stick that in there like those stores did, to add some protection. (not planning on using any peanuts, don't worry)
>>
I redressed my Soom Mylo and I remember why I never redress her. The arms on this thing are hell.
>>
>tfw no /jp/ friend to help me buy nip exclusive dolls
is suffering
>>
>>5276132
We all suffer.
>>
>>5275909
too bad the knees look like absolute shit when bent though.

not a muscle body byt 5th motif really knows how to make knee and elbow joints look good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9OdCKcC9Fo
>>
>>5276152
Anon is going to be covering the thing in body armor or whatever it is they make, I'm not sure looking good naked is a great concern. (Dollshe and 5th Motif do pose pretty well, though. I considered recommending them to anon but the thing is they take an absolute assload of time to fill orders right now, like a year plus.)
>>
>tailor refuses my commission because they don't have the exact doll I want it to fit
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
If I had that edit of pepe doll I'd post it.
>>
>>5276207
Well, they can't guarantee a fit without it...
Try offering to mail them a duct tape mannequin of your doll (some people actually mail the entire doll to people, for example I think that's how syrinxfox does some of her full-body commissions, but that would make me kind of wary.)
>>
>>5276207
Seriously? So then you can bitch at them for a refund when it doesn't fit your doll, even though they had nothing to fit it on? Find another person or do what >>5276211 said.
>>
>tfw customs rape your doll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVlSRJa-V7g
>>
>>5276170
Looking good nekked is not a concern (though it may fuck with any knee armor I'm going to make), but time is also not an issue kind of, so I'll look at 5th Motif.
>>
File: body type 3.png (300 KB, 763x510) Image search: [Google]
body type 3.png
300 KB, 763x510
>>5276250
>Grail doll
>Pulls everything out of the box first

Still, shame about the customs guys. They probably all had a touch and a laugh about her huge boobies. Body type 3 is a little ridiculous though.
>>
>>5276250
Kind of wish you'd just linked to the relevant part and i didn't have to sit through 5min of pointless nattering. (It's 5:30 onwards for anyone who cares.)
>>
>>5276308
>type 3 is a little ridiculous
Type 4 is a lot ridiculous.
>>
>>5276370
>My breast implants are infected and now my breasts are swelling out of control, doctor please help me
>>
What size is a smart doll head? 9-10'? I need to buy a wig cap.
>>
>>5275277
silicone wig caps dont protect against stains

>>5275376
they wont
>>
>>5276437
I don't know the size but you can get away with not using a cap
>Owned a Smart Doll for 6 months
>Wore default wig entire time
>No stains
>Chill out
>>
>>5276370
I am going to assume that those boobs are preformed for a corset, or some other cinching garment? I mean, her nipples are higher than her collarbone
>>
>>5276551
Well, yes, a lot of bjd girls have their chests sculpted to appear as though they're wearing a very effective pushup bra, but these are still too fucking huge volumewise, almost DDdy size.
>>
>>5276109
Make sure you ball up some tissue or paper towel to put in the headcap. Honestly I can deal with slightly mussed/tangled wigs, but if the headcap gets warped during shipping that's what drives me nuts.
>>
>>5276468
oh thank god.
>>
>>5275492
>>5275543
I've been holding off on these because the company presented the line's next gen bodies just this year. General opinion seems to be that the current ones have stability issues.
>>
>>5276790
Would you mind posting said body? I'm not exactly sure what to Google (just that I'm getting the wrong results no matter what I try).
>>
>The doll is $600, that's doable
>Need some clothes, a wig, some shoes, she needs nice things
>Wow okay a few different outfits and the total is $900 okay
>And $80 shipping well fair enough it is a long way in less than a week
>okay so far it's all good
>Convert from USD to AUD
>Have a heart attack and die
>>
>>5276793
Oh boy, do I know those feels.

We may as well trade in eggs, our currency is worth nothing.
>>
>>5276805
Five years ago USD was actually worth less than AUD. Shame it didn't stay that way.
>>
>>5276307
5th Motif has stopped making dolls though, so you'll have too look for one on the second hand market.

Dollshe also has temporarily halted sales of their 18M and 28M line (the 70cm guys).
>>
>>5275948
Probably trying to get mp access
>>
>>5276437
Wig caps are good just to hold the wig in place too. Smart doll heads are slightly bigger than dd, so they should share wigs fine, but some companies run large and some small. For example, leeke 8-9 tends to run big while crobi runs small. Best bet is to check doa, dollfiedreams.com, or ask us before purchasing a wig because someone will know how the sizing for that company is.
>>
File: BloodFlower1443624450.jpg (160 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
BloodFlower1443624450.jpg
160 KB, 570x570
Do super dollfies generally shoot up in price on the aftermarket if they're a special edition release? I didn't find out about the Black Jack trio until after their pre-order period closed at the beginning of the month. Even though I don't have enough money for all three of them now I'd like to buy them at some point in the future.
>>
>>5277379
Usually yes. I wanted the Kiriko and couldn't afford him just now, I already know I will probably have to pay like 400$ just for the head later.

Your best bet to get them for retail will be Mandarake.
If you are lucky they won't be that popular and the price will stay close to retail there.
>>
File: BloodFlower1443624285.jpg (99 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
BloodFlower1443624285.jpg
99 KB, 570x570
>>5277394
I feel like BJ is going to be really difficult to get because of the skin tone of his face. It does seem like a lot of dolls and 1/6 figures have been going for good prices on Mandarake lately though, even compared to what people put their stuff up for on YAJ.
>>
File: IMG_1733a.jpg (80 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1733a.jpg
80 KB, 800x600
>>5276792

http://kitasite.net/b/2014/07/28/18695/

Basically they are going to increase the movement range of the legs and apparently make them more stable at the same time.

Also that new one they're offering - Fuyo Katsuya - she's cute. That's the first one I'd buy, but no idea if that's already the new body.
>>
Hello, why do you need two generals? One on jp and one on toy? You advertise both so it must be the same user base.
>>
>>5277577
/jp/ is the japan culture board so the jp thead is mostly for the ones made in japan (especially DD), we do include those dolls but also discuss korean and sometimes chinese lines as well as Western providers of accessories/customization. (Most posters on this thread have korean dolls.) Hope that answers your confusion.
>>
>>5277577
/jp/ is autistic and hates bjd dolls because they cater to females, they focus on otaku dollfie dream because they cater to them
>>
>>5277615
>bjd dolls
ATM machines
>>
>>5277577
>You advertise both so it must be the same user base.

>/jp/ and /toy/
>same userbase
Topkek.
>>
>>5277577
>You advertise both so it must be the same user base.

Oh my sweet summer child.

In short, /jp/ are the doll fuckers who like to cum on vinyl titties, here you mostly have people who are into resin BJDs and are, most of the time, a bit more sane.
While DDs and BJDs are close-ish the collectors are very different.
DDs are mostly collected by men, BJDs mostly by women.
>>
>be manly ass /k/ dad, collect guns
>have son
>think I finally have someone to go shooting with and impart my /k/ wisdom upon
>son is gay and develops a hobby of collecting dolls
>suck it up and love and accept him anyway
>am dying, leave only son my prized gun collection cabinet in the hopes he will at least treasure my legacy if not carry it on
>that fucker sells all of my guns, and uses the funds gained to buy more dolls and store them in my motherfucking gun cabinet
I should have worn a rubber.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67PcKvvZtM
>>
>>5277914
Sounds like he just gave him the case.
>>
>>5277914
If I had a kid who wasn't into dolls I wouldn't leave them my doll collection as a sentimental gift (maybe one or two), I'd try and arrange for its sale and leave them the proceeds.

I mean...it's not going to do any good to have the stuff sitting around, and he has his memories with his dad anyway. It's a little sad the kid didn't share the dad's passion but w/e.
>>
>>5277931
>>5278003
I was just trying to get a kek out of someone. Guess my greentext stories need work.
>>
>>5277761
>DDs are mostly collected by men, BJDs mostly by women.
That's certainly true in Japan, though in the western world I'm fairly sure the DD collector split is close to 50/50.
>>
Hey all, I'm pretty new to the BJD world, but I really want a Batchix Eva in blue, and I understand they're long sold-out. How/where would I go about procuring one on the aftermarket?
>>
>>5278074
Den of Angels is your best bet, but it also might be worth contacting Batchix herself about whether she's planning to do another Mini Machina run any time in the future. She's nice, from what I hear.
>>
>>5278067
I do think it's mostly men now even in the West, but prior to Choo starting to blog about them to an audience of mostly-male anime figure collectors, DD buyers in the West were mostly people who knew about them from following Volks' other lines -- so, women. I feel a little bad for people who collected DD prior to 2008.
>>
I'm almost ready to buy Kizuna assuming something doesn't come up for me to lose my Friday paycheck.

I'd like her to arrive on the week of Thanksgiving or the day after Thanksgiving for easy pick up. When should I be placing my forced gunpoint EMS order?
>>
>>5278139
Today? Just do it anon.

Also don't be confused if you open the box and there's a picture of Mirai in there. I ordered Mirai and got upset because I opened the box and saw a picture of Kizuna, thought they sent me the wrong doll. Turns out there are illustrations of them both on either side of the bag.
>>
>>5278174
I'm gonna be busy all next week and would prefer to wait til the week after to grab her.
>>
File: sylphy milkshaq.webm (152 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
sylphy milkshaq.webm
152 KB, 600x338
>>5277761
>resin owners are more sane

O AM I LAFFIN
>>
>>5276115
All of their dolls are like this. However, I found that getting a jacket on my DC body is way worse.

>>5277379
I dunno. It may be like Miku and end up being afforable because they were done by preorder. I ordered Pinoko and they're estimating a late March 2016 shipment.

>>5277420
I'm pretty sure that's just airbrushed, not anything overly fancy.

>>5278074
Seconding >>5278080 on e-mailing batchix. She's pretty awesome.
>>
>>5278308
Miku is a somewhat unique situation -- she was the most popular DD /ever/ in terms of sales numbers, and on top of that they ended up opening orders for her on multiple other occasions for events and whatnot, flooding more Mikus into the market every time. And then they released Snow Miku!

No SD17 boy release has been anything like that, thus they all go for huge $$$ on the aftermarket, even ones that were not sold by lottery. I can't remember if there have been an SD17 preorder specifically, but because low numbers of him will probably be sold anyway due to the high cost, I think anon is right in estimating $400 for Kiriko's head.

(also yea, Blackjack's face thing is just makeup. I think Volks is even offering the option of ordering him without the scar makeup, since not everyone will be keeping it as the character.)
>>
>>5278350
As far as I'm aware, this is the first preorder for any of their Super Dollfie line, which is why it was a bit of a surprise during the LA Dollpa. They've had preorders for DDs like Saber, KOS-MOS, Asuna, Sheryl Nome, etc. which aren't quite as inflated as lottery-obtained DDs.
>>
>>5278292
> a BIT more sane
Read the whole text.

And while I had my fair share of crazies on both sides I don't have a folder full of people fucking and jizzing on BJDs, but boy did I see things done to DDs.
>>
>>5278308
I'm so close to hybriding her when I can afford to. I'm sick of trying to adjust the tiniest thing and having her arms pop out of the elbow sockets and twist all weirdly.

Thanks for the heads up on DC though. I'm hoping to get one or two of their minis in the future so I'll be sure to avoid jackets, haha.
>>
File: 10019793326_5ee4deed24_o.jpg (541 KB, 1205x605) Image search: [Google]
10019793326_5ee4deed24_o.jpg
541 KB, 1205x605
Does anyone know where to buy a Pure Neemo L body in natural skin tone? Theres one on Ebay but its like $100 AUD for the base body and all the other doll stores online only seem to stock size M and under.
>>
>>5278067
yeahhh.... no. i rarely see women with DDs. only a few, and only weaboo anime fans. these days, the majority of BJD collectors are not into anime and never were, they found their way to BJDs through magazines like hautedoll and fashiondoll quarterly (for the older set) or tumblr (for the younger ones.)
>>
>>5278734
>BJD collectors are not into anime
...yes they are. Like, overwhelmingly so. Well, admittedly the new wave of tumblr kids with MNFs may not be but this was a weeb filled hobby for a long time. There's even a long running huge DoA thread asking people if the association of BJDs and anime bothers them.
>>
>>5278522
True but I have far more stories of BJD owners faking their own death to avoid a layaway or smearing their period blood in dolls, i must agree w other anons.it's a different but equal type of crazy.
>>
File: e1c78e6b.jpg (174 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
e1c78e6b.jpg
174 KB, 720x540
>>5278734
>i rarely see women with DDs

Do you even dollfiedreams.com?

>and only weaboo anime fans
>implying the vast majority of BJD owners under 40 aren't weabs.

>found their way to BJDs through magazines
P. sure most of them google Rozen Maiden dolls after watching the show, found the Volks ones, and fell down a rabbit hole.

>>5278753
this
>>
>>5278734
>only a few, and only weaboo anime fans. these days, the majority of BJD collectors are not into anime and never were

yes they are, but women mostly collect male dolls. Of which DD only has a couple models.
>>
>>5278762
Wait there are a couple male dd now? I thought only one was even announced and no prototype of it yet?
>>
>>5278762
>Of which DD only has a couple models.
There are no male DDs yet, there are Obitsu and Smartdoll ones though.

>>5278734
I'm actually a woman with a DD, and I know several who own them, but most of them own them additionally to owning BJDs. Only a few of them are and always were DD only, and most of them are different compared to your general DD owner because they customize their dolls and don't get a stroke when seeing a modified limited full-set.

I still would say that DDs are mostly collected by male owners and BJDs mostly by female ones.
>>
>>5278753
There's a difference between "I was once into Anime and got through it to these dolls" versus "I'm a weeb, look at my cute dolli teheee". I'm sure a lot of the current owners were once into Anime, but many of them got older throughout the years and often left that behind.
There's a reason why BJDs with Anime-aesthetic also are not as popular nowadays anymore.
>>
>>5278527
Those elbows are a nightmare. The bodies before that "upgrade" with normal elbow peanuts were better, but still frustrating.

It was mostly the hands for the DC, though, and somehow the shoulder liked to twist the wrong way in the process. At least with normal jointed hands, you can ball them in a fist somewhat.

>>5278761
>tfw got into the hobby looking up Chobits cosplay and seeing Volks Chii by that one crazy scalper lady on ebay-- she had some Sailor Moon-esque weeb name.
>>
File: albin.png (653 KB, 699x632) Image search: [Google]
albin.png
653 KB, 699x632
Gluino and Heliot had a lovechild, it looks like.

Soom needs some new inspiration, but it'll probably sell well.
>>
Not the biggest fan of Choo but this did make me laugh
>>
>>5278893
Hah, i like that too.
The man knows how to market.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x493
Was browsing the bjd tag and saw this. Thoughts? Is this possible? Is Elfgutz actually secretely a 90s hacker?
>>
>>5278893
dam, this brings back memories..
>>
>>5278806
this. BJDs are becoming increasingly more realistic. heads are shrinking, eyes are shrinking, faces and bodies more detailed. realism is in demand and the anime/volks aesthetic is steadily on the way out. its a reflection of the BJD collector base and the fact that fashion dolls are the new gateway doll into BJDs, which is why many companies are coming out with fashion doll sized lines, like chicline and dollshe's new fashion line. racoon doll also is going for a mature mini, fashion doll esque look.
>>
>>5279189
I think you are misinterpreting, yes there are tons of new people getting interested in the hobby that prefer iple style realism, but its not like all the people who preferred stylized looks stopped liking/buying them. Look at how many people love fairyland, whose sculpts are very animu influenced (CP is literally a bunch of former figure sculptors), and Volks is in no way struggling.
>>
>>5279207
yes but fairyland heads have been steadily shrinking. minifee's used to be a solid 7/8, now they are all small 6/7, with 12mm eyes rather than the 16mm the original wide eyed minifees needed. so, sorry but the smaller, less anime look has effected them too.
>>
>>5279163
AHHAHAHAHA

holy shit.
>>
>>5279207
I don't even think of Fairyland as anime. Yes, they have big heads and big eyes, but they don't look 'anime' to me, just stylized? It's hard to explain.
Bluefairy looks more Anime to me, or the mentioned Volks.
They have this classic look going on, while MNFs and the like just have big eyes for the cuteness.
>>
>>5278080
True story, Batchix is incredibly friendly. If she has or can make one, she'll likely work with you.
>>
>>5279386

Seconded. None of the newer fairyland sculpts look 'anime' to me at all. If anything they have big eyes in the same way blythe or pullip does. I haven't seen anyone seriously collecting the pointy nose no chin resin bjds in a long time.

Realistic dolls are in and volks old aesthetic is out.
>>
>>5278847
What is this doll and does it have an open eye version?
>>
File: 1982198245_31403c99_gluino.jpg (156 KB, 700x514) Image search: [Google]
1982198245_31403c99_gluino.jpg
156 KB, 700x514
>>5279616
>Soom Albin
>No
And he's basically a Super Gem version of Idealian Gluino, whose Mechanic Vampire version is nearly identical to this. Gluino's original release had two open-eyed faceplates, one with closed mouth and the other with fangs.
>>
>>5279658
Soom is so fucking lazy it's not even funny
>>
Anon that hamheaded their Picco Neemo and broke a hand off here. I wasn't able to get the wrist piece out, but I did end up getting a $30 Amazon gift card (in exchange for doing an experiment for some psych department grad student). That covered the cost of a new body and left me with $10 to spare. Now I have my doll back on a perfect body, but I also have a body with only one hand missing because I can not into removing small, stuck parts. What should I do with this body? Chucking it seems like a waste. I was thinking maybe using it as a mannequin, but surely there are more innovative uses, right?
>>
>>5279561
>I haven't seen anyone seriously collecting the pointy nose no chin resin bjds in a long time.
>Realistic dolls are in and volks old aesthetic is out.

Actually popped in to drop off a pic of my 14-year-old-me's grail doll. I was the one encouraging the one Anon to follow their old school Volks dreams with the Nono.

Here's my 2003 Volks Yotenshi Yuki in her new outfit.Picked a couple outfits up from Dollyteria, was surprised to see they're all Volks.
>>
File: 10195391_14_920_691.jpg (103 KB, 920x691) Image search: [Google]
10195391_14_920_691.jpg
103 KB, 920x691
I figure this is the best place to ask this, what is the body of the dead Ken here? my first guess would be a hottoys type blank body, but I'm not too sure.
>>
File: blythe_djmax2 cover art.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
blythe_djmax2 cover art.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
Alright /toy/ I have a question I've been meaning to ask for a while now.

Ever since I played DJ Max 2 in high school I've wanted a Blythe doll. I've got Pullips, DDs, and resin dolls already, but not a single Blythe. I think that's just wrong, considering my love for the song in this game. So now that I have grownup money I think it's time to check this one off the list.

All I know of Blythe is the crazy old ladies who collect them and how much customized knockoffs go for.

If I wanted a Blythe doll, not customized, where would be the best place to look? I'm not picky. My preference would be for funky colored hair, but really I know so little about these dolls that I'd be happy with any one.

And how much do they typically go for? Am I in for outrageous prices, or are they in the Pullip range?

I feel silly for not knowing anything at all about purchasing these dolls but you guys are the only sane people I'm willing to ask.
>>
>>5279680
You could sell it to someone that DOES know how to fix those things. I think it mostly requires using a very very VERY small drill bit.
>>
>>5279702
My only issue with that was that I wasn't sure how much I could make off of it. It's like $20 MSRP, so if I sell a broken body, that's like what? $10, not including PayPal fees?

Also I'm scared to change the wrists out on this new body now.
>>
File: truetype.jpg (129 KB, 500x468) Image search: [Google]
truetype.jpg
129 KB, 500x468
>>5279691
It doesn't look like a truetype to me, they tend to look pretty strange with no clothes on.
That being said I love the hell out of that picture.
>>
>>5279705
Eh, I'd go $15 or figure out how much a pair of replacement hands are and knock that off the price. I don't know much about these, but I remember people selling Monster High dolls with wrist pegs stuck in the forearm. Depends how baity the rest of the doll is.
>>
>>5279708
there's a whole series at thechive/./com from a couple days ago if you want to see more. I'm always interested in a figure with lots of articulation so that's where my interest is for this picture.
>>
>>5279699
Blythe does definitely not look like...that. At least in my opinion.

I personally have a bunch of BJDs myself, but I also collect Blythe (and have a Pure Neemo girl too).
All my Blythe are customized though or soon wlll be and nowadays are on Pure Neemo bodies.
I highly suggest you to do the same because the Blythe body is a nightmare to own and handle.

There are several places to buy a Blythe, either new releases or older ones.
http://www.juniemoonshop.com is one of the official Blythe stores and always gets in the new releases.
Same for CC Toys, which currently still has a bunch of older releases in stock:
http://www.cc-toys.com.hk/products_list.php?nid=12

On top of that try Mandarake, they have all kinds of Blythe from really old releases to the newest stuff.

Blythe have several molds, called BL, EBL, SBL, RBL, FBL, RBL+ etc.; some of them are more popular than others but the heads look pretty much alike (a new person can't really tell them apart, and even some of the collectors can't).
However, the way they work is very different, this is especially true for SBL.
You often find SBL ones for pretty cheap on Mandarake because they are a pain in the ass to customize and thus often less wanted.
If you don't want to customize your doll they are a pretty cheap way to get a Blythe.
More about this: http://blythelife.com/index.php/2014/08/13/a-beginners-guide-different-molds/
Best way to find out what Blythe release is what is to check this:
http://blythopia.com/neo-blythe-2001-2002/

A genuine Blythe costs you around 100-150$, depending on the release and state.

If you plan to customize your Blythe yourself let me know and I'll dig out some more resources
>>
>>5279756
forgot the "at least" when talking about the price.
Blythe are roughly the same price like a Pullip when it's a new and normal release, but some releases of course go for hundreds of dollars or even more.
>>
>>5279561
I still think that what's happening is that new people coming in to the hobby like realistic dolls, not that the preexisting (huge) audience with an interest in stylized ones somehow stopped liking or buying them.
>>
>>5279756
Wow, thanks! That's super helpful! I've got quite a bit of window shopping to do on CCT. I see what you mean about the prices. They really vary a lot.

Well, when I pick one to join my doll family I will report back!
>>
>>5279827
well they aren't selling enough for companies to continue making them. if there was still a steady, or growing market (in the BJD community, i'm not counting danny choo because, face it, he is not targeting the BJD audience, he's going for the waifu loving weebs) then more companies would be making anime styled dolls. the only company that introduced an anime-esque line is luts and i've probably only seen like... 3 owner pics of them. they just aren't popular.
>>
>>5279915
I think you may be a little confused? In this context, by 'anime style' we meant like, Bluefairy, Volks, and older Luts/CP sculpts (as distinct from realism like Iplehouse and Raccoon Doll), not full-on animation/DD style like the Luts line I think you're discussing.
>>
>>5279941
the DD esque dolls is what i've been talking about this whole time. i don't consider fairyland anime style. and you said it yourself "OLDER" luts/cp sculpts. my point is companies are steering towards realism, less cartoony looks all around the board, fairyland included.

the only company i can think of that's regressed is Soom. they used to have more realistic sculpts like Dia and Spinel, and their Mecha Angels, but now they just spit out generic same face 3D sculpted clones.

damn even ringdoll is going realistic. have you seen their new zombie killer priest, K?
>>
>>5279946
Oh, ok. Well I, and the anon who first brought up Bluefairy, and the anon who said the Volks look was on the way out meant the other thing.
>>
I have an extra Sakura Wars Sakura that's unopened, what's her aftermarket value?
>>
>>5280214
3 vintage cumboxes
>>
>>5279997
Bluefairy anon here, this anon here is correct, we are talking about BJDs with a specific aesthetic which was mostly popular in ye olde days.

Funny enough I personally think that true anime aesthetic, like DDs or the few Luts has now, is actually getting more popular.
But these look a lot different compared to that mixed anime aesthetic Volks, Bluefairy and some other older companies offered and still offer.

In short: most people are more into realism nowadays and not that, anime inspired, old look.
True anime dolls are getting more popular with the BJD only collectors though.
>>
>>5280214
Go look on manda or ebay
>>
>>5280717
ebay is full of unrealistically priced DDs that almost nobody would buy which are useless for indicating market value, stick to Manda (or Y!J if you can't find any listed there)
>>
>>5281166
>go on ebay
>scroll down
>on left is "sold listings" filter
>shows only actual paid prices
They're still inflated somewhat, but its a better indication of the western market.
>>
I got my first order from leekeworld today, and I'm really impressed! It took just 3 days to get here and I'm from the UK, even EMS normally takes a week. I ordered during their buy 2 wigs get 1 free event and whilst the wig I wanted was out of stock in my requested color, they sent me it in a similar color which I appreciated and they even gave me a 5% discount coupon.
>>
File: prettydoll.jpg (984 KB, 2415x4288) Image search: [Google]
prettydoll.jpg
984 KB, 2415x4288
>>
>>5281381
Aw.
Are you Taobao dress anon? It looks nice. Did it take a long time to ship?
>>
>>5281400
Nope. Just found this on tumblr, sorry.
>>
>>5281405
Ah ok, therr was a discussion of taobao dress shops a while ago and that dress was one of the items they had, well good to know it is cute not just in stock photos.
>>
Best place for cute cheap decent quality yosd clothes? my poor baby is basically naked and im temporarily broke.
>>
>>5281484
Define cheap first of all. My cheap is $50USD and under. Someone else's cheap might be $200 and under, and another person might be $10 and under. Etsy is actually a really great place to start. You can usually get a whole outfit for $40 or less (obviously will vary from seller to seller, but that seems to be the average price).
>>
File: 009.jpg (66 KB, 595x400) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
66 KB, 595x400
Are those stains easy to remove (if possible at all)? What do you think about this deal in general?
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1104424.html
>>
File: 1445721678017.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445721678017.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>participate in youtube giveaway
>person mails me to pay for shipping, send it through my paypal account
>don't bother checking my email for a single day
>check on it today, I received a refund from from the giveaway person
>think they may have decided to give me free shipping in the spirit of the holiday season or something
>nope, just giving back the money because I didn't reply to his email asking me for my address in the one day I didn't check my email
Well fuck you too. Thanks for wasting my time, they don't even know how long it took me the courage to make a video response and upload it. Also doesn't paypal automatically make a buyers address available to a seller? But seriously, who doesn't even bother sending an extra email for this shit? Didn't even bother waiting 24 hours for a response, and I even made the exception of sending it by friends/family payment because they requested it. Now I just get a nice fee from my bank for converting the $9 back into GBP.
>>
>>5281582
It doesn't send the address with F/F payment as far as I know, but that does seem a bit fast.

I got a tumblr message once from someone who had waited TWO MONTHS to make SURE that the giveaway winner wasn't coming back before they passed the prize to the next person, who ended up being me.

You could try arguing that 24 hours hadn't passed yet, and the fact that you sent payment should've been intent enough but I'm not sure if it'll turn into a shit storm or not :/
>>
>>5281582
Alright I just checked this youtuber's channel again to unsubcribe and his video is this shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtt_-Z80yRA
My rage has left orbit.
>>
>>5281590
I just want nothing to do with the guy now, especially after watching that new fucking video of his where he's now decided to give free shipping, and saying that it "sucks" that people haven't given him their addresses. It's no wonder they don't when you don't even have the grace to give them a day to respond to you.
>>
>>5281582
>Also doesn't paypal automatically make a buyers address available to a seller?
Yes, it does every time you make a payment. Just watch and see if the new winner is somebody they already know.
>>
>>5281606
Now I'm even angrier because I remembered I had to pay a $0.30 fee on top of the 9 measly dollars he can now suddenly be bothered to pay. I paid $0.30 to have my time wasted.
>>
>>5281602
Understandable.

Did he say ANYWHERE that you had [X] time to respond? This whole thing's ridiculous.

... Is this James Salazar? He looks kinda like the guy from what loaded of that video.
>>
>>5281613
He didn't say a single thing about time constraints.
And yes, thats the name on the paypal refund. I made a big mistake subscribing just for a giveaway, I'm watching one of his older videos where he held a giveaway for a bjd then demanded it back months later from the winner. What the fuck.
>>
File: response.jpg (63 KB, 814x143) Image search: [Google]
response.jpg
63 KB, 814x143
>>5281615
Also is this a suitably buttmad response? He'll probably just mail me back telling me I'm crazy and its all my fault judging from his new video.
>>
>>5281615
Oh god he's an obnoxious fuck. He's posted in facebook groups (though not so much anymore?) about giveaways or "potential" giveaways which ended up being baiting for attention and then I don't think anything ever came of it.

And then there was the time that he wanted to know what the faceup artist he was commissioning looked like and she wasn't into giving her pic and he flipped about that.

He posted a lot in BJD Addicts, and if anyone here is familiar with that nonsense and I've said something incorrect, do call me on it.

I think you dodged a bullet for sure, anon. It's bullshit that you had to deal with all this stress, but I think you would've been way more stressed in the end.

What doll was the prize, if I may ask?
>>
>>5281619
Yeah, I just need to get over it now, but it was a big deal to me. I've never been filmed in my life and I'm the type of person who cringes at even hearing my own voice in a recorded message (like for my voicemail) so to record myself and put it up on the internet was a massively nerve wracking experience.

For the giveaway where he demanded the doll back, he never said which doll it was. The prize I would have gotten was a pair of silver withdoll hands and feet, which I only wanted to see if the withdoll silver would be a good match for an OC I hope to make into a doll.
>>
>>5281619
>And then there was the time that he wanted to know what the faceup artist he was commissioning looked like and she wasn't into giving her pic and he flipped about that.

That's totally not creepy at all.

>>5281621
Hey, on the plus side, you did get through the kind of nerve wrecking hurdle of being filmed for the first time. Good for you, anon. It'll be easier from here on out in case there's ever another YT giveaway (obviously not from this guy) that requires a video response.
>>
>>5281691
He thought it was weird NOT to know what the artist looked like. A bunch of people were like "What does it matter??" and ultimately the post was deleted.

There was also the time he supposedly spent $500 on a faceup I think?

Basically he liked to post, be a baby, delete and pretend it didn't happen.
>>
>>5281691
Every cloud has a silver lining, huh? I guess its true in this case since there's an upcoming giveaway from the only person I idolize in this hobby, the only reason I want to take part is because she says she wants to include a Christmas card and getting one from her would literally make my year. She says she would announce it late november but I still check her youtube multiple times a day.
>>
Anyone have any photos of dolls in latex-based clothing? Doesn't need to be extremely fetishy stuff like hoods, just catsuits or dresses are fine.

I want to know how well the material scales down for them.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 570x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 570x1012
>>5282010
There is actually this person on Etsy who only sells things made with latex. I think it can definitely work. This looks like something I could see myself buying. It's $72 which is a little steep for doll clothes, but man, making latex on a human scale is a bitch. I can only imagine how bad it must be on a 1/3 or 1/4 scale.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 570x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 570x570
Same seller, far more simple design. This one is priced at $30 and is for EIDs.
>>
>>5281596
He seems like a total attention whore.
>>
>>5282117
>It's $72 which is a little steep for doll clothes
Pffffffft, complete latex outfit for a SD sized doll and you think 72$ is steep?

Anyway, a friend of mine wanted to make a Catwoman doll and she actually got one of these full body latex suits for her doll.
Getting it on is a nightmare of course and it's really only made for "cabinet dolls".
Posing is pretty much impossible and you need of course be careful when handling it.
No clue about stains so far, the doll wasn't undressed since she put it on her, but I always would test on a spare part before anyway.
>>
>>5282117
>It's $72 which is a little steep for doll clothes

... what kind of clothes have you been buying?
>>
Ahahaha there's a hilarious update to the paging thread for alquaev (who sold the sharpie'd amber and suspicious-certificate Chrom), a callout by the person who actually has the doll whose serial number she ganked for the fake certificate.
>>
File: oniiichan.jpg (45 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
oniiichan.jpg
45 KB, 400x333
>>5282388
ooooooooohhhh snaaaaaap!!! thats delicious.
>>
File: Dolls 002.jpg (178 KB, 371x500) Image search: [Google]
Dolls 002.jpg
178 KB, 371x500
>>5281484
Some loose Barbie/Ken clothes fit some YoSDs. The Bambicrony I used to have wore some Ken clothes for a while, since boy clothes were a little more scarce back then. Pants will have to be taken up, of course.

>>5282388
Ha. I was derping around and wanted to see the authenticity (I'm not a mod, so I'm not sure if one of them had the same idea or not) since it was suspect and looked it up on the Soom site and saw it was a copy of the number from purplevix and pmed Alik about it.
>>
>>5282427
You did good. I'm kind of surprised Alik didn't try the number onsite themselves (or maybe aliquaev made up some bs about having bought it from purplevix, since the mod who contacted her asked if she had sold it.)
>>
>>5282457
I think people forget about that section on Soom's site, or if they don't purchase Soom dolls often and don't know about it. I use that function a lot to make sure I send the right CoAs with dolls I'm selling, because I often forget when I ordered them and it's easier than clicking through different order numbers on my order page.
>>
I hadn't gone on DoD for a couple years but am apparently subconsciously mourning its loss...*just tried to make a psyduck emoticon on DoA; also will probably interpret 'aquifer' as 'ball-jointed doll' forever*
>>
>>5282466
I never used it because it sometimes didn't even work for dolls I had bought from them directly. But that was in the beginning, I think nowadays it works better?

Also fuck, this is still too hilarious. Why would someone be so stupid and try this?

>>5282485
What actually happened? All I can see is the Database Error for days now, but nobody said something about actually closing the forum?
>>
>>5282545
Well like I said I'm out of the loop and havent logged in for a while, but it seems like whoever was now in charge of actually maintaining the forum didn't renew the domain. I thought it might come back but it's been down for a week...pretty sure all the people I talked to on there skedaddled out of the hobby years ago anyway but it's still sad :s
>>
>>5281532
So noone ever dealt with stains? Please respond.
>>
>>5282613
It's no different than dealing with stained human clothing so there's not really anything special we can tell you (although I've bought "stained" clothes from Mandy before and find the stuff that they consider discoloration is usually minor. From the picture it just looks like a very little age-related discoloration of the lace parts; that wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the doll, personally.)

As for the deal in general, that is the usual going price for Suigintou, although you might get her for a little less on Y!J.
>>
>>5282623
Thank you much.
>>
>>5282388
I'm losing my fucking shit. Good god this transaction is embarrassing to behold.

>>5282466
I honestly had no idea that function existed, but now I'm happy I know about it.
>>
>>5282613
I used pimple cream treatment for a very long period of time. Someone on /toy/ did stain a 1/6 doll a while back and to try multiple products til they got it to start fading til it looked somewhat gone.
>>
>>5282728
I think Anon talks about the yellow stains on the clothes?
Not sure if pimple cream works there.
>>
>>5282728
>>5282732
Definitely don't smear pimple cream on stained clothes, please. Come on, people, at least check the context of what you're responding to, anon obviously didn't mean stains on dolls (for which RemoveZit is the solution).
>>
>>5282732
>>5282748
whoops was thinking of the doll body
Just wash the clothes carefully in one of those delicate bags and any stain treatment thing you have for people clothes...
>>
>>5282545
>Why would someone be so stupid and try this?
Maybe she's one of those recast owners who never even visits the original makers' websites, and figured the serial number was just for show.
>>
>>5282787
I mean it IS a pretty small world that the original owner was able to be found and could provide pictures of the certificate this number actually belongs too.

Really curious now how the seller will react, after being such a dick the whole time.
>>
OH I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY
This fucking faggot doesn't have the balls to respond to my email personally, but instead posts a video about it, with my email printed out, doesn't bother blurring out my email mind you, rants about how my email is stupid, inappropriate and filled with "negative energy" whilst addressing nothing I took issue with. He says he'll refund me the $0.54 but he hasn't. Then he has the nerve to rip it up at the end.
Here, see the shit show for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5cTzN0wX-E
I know I shouldn't even dignify this shit behaviour with a response but I'm so fucking angry.
>>
File: 13863197273_cdd687da36_o.jpg (233 KB, 600x558) Image search: [Google]
13863197273_cdd687da36_o.jpg
233 KB, 600x558
Does anyone else have trouble putting on a wig/getting it to stay on? This is the only doll related thing I'm still having trouble with and I don't know why because all the wigs I've bought have been to size.
>>
File: johanisdisappoint.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
johanisdisappoint.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
>>5282822
is this self posting? looks almost like a drama mongering, attention whore attempt. there are only 5 views on this video. am i to believe someone who unfollowed this guy just happened to be one of the first people to view it?

i smell a munchausen faggot, who wants to be controversial and hated because they love the attention. please kill yourself.
>>
>>5282835
Some of them, yes. Silicone head caps have helped me a lot in that regard.
>>
>>5282836
No, that was me, person who sent the email. I unsubscribed to him but I knew when he didn't reply to my email his attention whoring ways alerted me he would have made a video of it. I hate to give the guy even 1 view but I just couldn't stand not to see what kind of shit he'd been saying about me, its my name on the line here.
>>
>>5282822
idk, man. $.54 is kind of petty.

And also, if you pay personal, it does not give them your address... unless that was a super recent change (like within the last week)
>>
>>5282842
See thats the thing, when I used a silicone cap I'm not able to put the wig on at all.
>>
>>5282845
No i am saying you are the guy in the video who is pretending to be an anon who got screwed so you can get hate attention.

> anon posts about being scared to join a give away, makes a big deal about anxiety
> anxious anon somehow wins that giveaway they were so anxious about!
> somehow get screwed. posts whining and emphasizes how special they are for being so scared and being so brave for making a video
> guy who screwed anon somehow makes videos about how the person they screwed is stupid etc
> anon somehow is one of the first person to see it and posts it to 4chan immediately

its fucking fishy. smells to me someone saw all the attention culur gets for her shady giveaways and wants some of the same negative attention for themselves. infamy=popularity in some people's minds.
>>
>>5282856
This has been hard enough without being called a fake on top of it by the one community I feel safe to speak my mind in.
>>
>>5282804
I was amazed at first too considering how many Soom owners there are out there, but considering the screen name Soom's website spits out for the serial number is the same one she uses for DoA (as I'm guessing a lot of Western doll owners have the same name on DoA and doll websites), it's not that shocking. Good detective work still.

>>5282822
That's immature of him (ripping it up? Holy shit, do people actually like this guy?) but I wouldn't let him take up any more of your energy anon, try to put it out of your mind.
>>
>>5282866
either way you sound pathetic for crying about it constantly, first boohooing about anxiety, and now sperging out because the guy screwed you. just pull up your big girl panties and move on. this isn't your livejournal. if you want asspats go to tumblr.
>>
>>5282850
Try putting a small rubber band around the head instead. It provides a little bit of grip while taking up less space than a whole cap would, if the wig is so tight that a cap won't fit.
>>
>>5282880
/bjd/ is actually kind of DoD-y in that we're generally nice to one another, so I can see why anon posted here hoping to find a sympathetic ear. Still, they should probably stop worrying so much about it and maybe step away from the computer for a while; nothing good can come of it, and it's not like with a scammer or flaky buyer where posting here is helpful to others.
>just got a captcha that was literally one large image split into 16 boxes, wat
>>
File: 1421125408214.jpg (20 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1421125408214.jpg
20 KB, 350x350
>Pell grant comes in a week from now
>looking at dolls
>>
>>5282835
I always pull it front to back and side to side a few times to make sure it's fully on. It might pop off otherwise.
>>5282888
Agreed. The best thing to do with fame-hungry youtube attention whores is to not give them any attention.
>>
>>5281484
Some vintage/retro dolls clothing will work and is fairly well priced. I know Ruby Red Galleria has some stuff. Always double check measurements if you can, but generally anything that's about 10" tall and of a chubby child build will work. Shoes too usually.
>>
>>5282613
I'd suggest spot cleaning before anything else. Wet cloth or paper towel, warm water, maybe a soft clean toothbrush or similar to gently clean it and then thoroughly dry it with a clean light colored towel (especially the boots). If its very stubborn, the socks could be soaked as long as they're all white. Warm water, a little laundry detergent, mix them around a bit and rub the spots then rinse out and dry. Dont soak the boots though. If the staining is very stubborn on them, apply stain remover (usually a spray bottle in laundry aisle) to a q-tip and then dab on and let it set. Don't let it touch the black ribbon or 'leather' of boot, I'm not sure how color fast those are and we really don't want the dye leaching. After a while pat it clean with a wet paper towel and dry it again with the towel.
>>
>>5282850

Buy a bag of white or clear balloons and cut off the stem part. Balloons work better than silicon caps because they're thinner and they actually block stains better.
>>
>>5282822
This man's voice and face and overall effort to sound snarky are all so fucking annoying. I'm kind of surprised someone entered his giveaway, since he doesn't seem to be popular.
Sort of see why anon thought he's the one posting here...but I get the impression it's actually the girl who was wearing the My Little Pony shirt and all nervous in her video, since he commented on her submission saying she won and that she had a "beautiful soul" and other weird shit.
>>
Only $50
>>
On my off days I'll take my doll everywhere with me. Next to me on the bus (or on my lap if its crowded), eating in a restaurant, playing at the park. You get used to the stares after a while. If anyone cares enough to inquire about it, I shoot them a smile and ask if theres anything wrong with spending time with my best friend. They always scuttle off with a sympathetic look after that, since they assume I have brain damage/learning difficulties/or am just plain crazy.
>>
>>5283248
What was it to start with? (maybe) R.I.P.
>>
>>5283291
maybe stop that, you're kinda going to ruin it for any other BJD collector those people ever meet since you're making all of us look crazy as fuck
>>
File: IMG_6909.jpg (176 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6909.jpg
176 KB, 700x1050
>>5283304
>stop doing something you enjoy because it may negatively affect people you've never met
nah
>>
>>5283291
>>5283328
dat edge
>>
>>5283291
You remind me of these guys taking their weifu pillows everywhere

bet you fuck your doll too, you lonely creep
>>
>>5283291
Did you copy and paste this from one of those fucking confession blogs?
>>
>>5283299
Impldoll
>>
File: impl vanessa.jpg (2 MB, 900x5897) Image search: [Google]
impl vanessa.jpg
2 MB, 900x5897
>>5283299
I think it's Impldoll Vanessa. It was one of the free heads given out by their facebook event, so nothing of value was lost. I got the Martin head, but haven't done much with him yet.
>>
File: 22371388976_b37f609bd6_k.jpg (2 MB, 1530x2048) Image search: [Google]
22371388976_b37f609bd6_k.jpg
2 MB, 1530x2048
>>5283477
Man that Martin head looks okay from some angles and ridiculously long-chinned from others, in your opinion does it have a giantass chin or not?
>>
>>5283482
Yes. He also has a huge forehead. I like the lip sculpting, though. Like if he had some bulk added to his jaw he might look a little bit better, but idk.
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 800x1200
>>5283482
That doll looks like Gabriel Mann. Now I kind of want one...
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1334x750
>>5283141
lmfao
>>
>>5283477
I'm almost impressed they managed to fuck it up and abandon it so quickly. But $50 for a free head? Even if they paid for EMS, it was less than $20 to them.
>>
>>5283634
Come on now, anon. We're /toy/, not /cgl/ or lolcow. If this person had done something to warrant your post, that would be different, but we're all friends here.
>>
File: tumblr_nocyszZpQP1tawb0do2_540.jpg (88 KB, 540x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nocyszZpQP1tawb0do2_540.jpg
88 KB, 540x768
>>5283638
this is false
>>
>>5283637
But they put their SOUL into it, anon.
>>
>>5283482
Both Martin and Vanessa are weird and long in a lot of places. I think Impl was trying to go for weird gaunt high fashion aliens with them, but either way, they are long faced as hell.

They're also crazy small for SDs, even compared to other impl sculpts.
>>
>>5282866
This has been hard enough without being called a fake on top of it
Plus you lost .54 cents out of the whole deal. That could have bought a bag of doritos, or something.
>>
>>5283638
>but we're all friends here.
>in 4chan

fuck you.
>>
>>5283804
so edgy
>>
>>5283634
I don't think it's this girl because the guy said in his vid that he had successfully mailed out a prize to some girl whose entry he gushed over and wished other winners had been like her? But geez this was kind of hard to watch.
>>
File: butterfly eyes.jpg (160 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
butterfly eyes.jpg
160 KB, 1024x682
Can we stop using questions marks after sentences that aren't questions? I've seen it at least half a dozen times in every thread for the last few threads. This isn't your retarded tumblr blog.

Anyone who does this should be underage b& because they clearly did not take middle school English.
>>
>>5283914
I scrolled up a while and I really can't see any example for that.

Anyway, that's really a silly thing to feel annoyed by, anon.
>>
>>5283922
You're one of them you illiterate child.

>>5275865
>>5278769
>>5276551
>>5279386
>>5279941
>>5281619
>>5281695
>>5282732
>>5282545

Not even all of the examples. I can forgive some of these because adding a statement after asking a question, and then putting a question mark on the following statement flows in the conversation. But most of these are clearly "I'm ron burgundy?" tier examples.
>>
>>5283931
You really need to get your head out of your ass, anon.

If reading out aloud most of these you hear that they work well as a question.
Also sorry, English is my third language, how many do you speak?
>>
>>5283634
any adult into my little pony deserves all the ridicule they get
>>
>>5283936
3, and also an additional alphabet/writing system.
>>
>>5283970

At the very least that's a g1 shirt. You might as well hate the people into g1 transformers and he-man while you're at it.
>>
>>5283987

All of those examples use question marks to denote a questioning tone. You'd think somebody who speaks three languages would be used to the various quirks of Internet lingo.
>>
>>5284029
The improper question mark only runs rampant in this thread and on tumblr. I see it so sparingly everywhere else, but it's just outrageous in this thread. I can spend 12 hours shitposting on /x/, /sp/, /a/, /jp/, le reddit, and IRC and only come across 1 or 2.

People don't do this in other languages, nor should you. Especially if you speak a latin-based language.
>>
>>5284043

So you're getting all bent out of shape over to many question marks? Is it the improper use of them or?I'm just trying to understand why they make you so mad?
>>
>>5283931
Most of those are using the question marks to convey uncertainty/"did you know". Also congratulations on THE MOST retarded derail of this general i've ever seen.
>>
>>5275362
Has anyone here actually bought a minifee recast?

I used to be into bjds when I was a minor with no bills to pay and want to get back in to the hobby but still be able to eat so I'm wondering the quality of any recasts that someone can offer a review of.
>>
>>5283914
can you stop being a bossy bitch?
>>
>>5284075

This hobby is not for poorfags like you. Either suck it up and get a legit chinese doll or stay out of the hobby.

At least with a legit cheap doll your only hurting our eyes and not the hobby as a whole.
>>
>>5284075
>>5284075
Recasts aren't that cheap. People had me under the impression that this shit was like $25-$50, but I could get a legit for some of these recast prices. Buy a minifee straight from Fairyland or secondhand. The difference won't be that much between legit and recast, and you can easily resell the doll if it's not your thing. Good luck getting rid of a recast.

A brand new Celine is $400 from Fairyland. Let's say you work 40 hours a week, making $6. $240 a week, minus $100 for personal expenses. $140 left over. Even if you only save $20 a week of this money for a legit doll, that's only 20 weeks. It should take a lot less time than this actually because I'm assuming you're not working for $6/hour and you're not eating $100 worth of food a week, but there you have it. Not that hard. Be an adult. Fake dolls, like fake Chanel bags, are for tweens and 16 year olds that want to fit in.
>>
>>5284043
>Especially if you speak a latin-based language.

lmao, people use question marks in latin-based languages to express mild doubt like >>5284068 all the damn time.
>>
>>5284171

Don't buy fairyland shit second hand. Not only could you end up with a recast but the mark up is always high for no reason. Fairland dolls are already shitty quality for the price don't pay even more than necessary
>>
>>5283732
Really? My Martin head is the same size as my 72cm muscle guys' heads. His neck circumference is huge too.

>>5283914
I fucking love these eyes so much, especially the ones in Miku. The outfits are cute too.

>>5283970
It's not the autismal recent MLP, so I think they're okay.

>>5284043
Welp. Thank goodness you don't go to /cgl/ then. It's more or less an "I'm not certain if what I'm saying is true" or asking a rhetorical question thing. I'm sorry something stupid like that bothers you so much.

>>5284171
I see a lot of legit, but old MNFs in the $200-$400 range on the DoA MP. Like I know you may want the newest thing, but patience is a staple in this hobby. Patience includes saving up.
>>
>>5284185
Really? Sorry, then. I had no idea. I always buy straight from the company since I don't have a DoA and I don't trust tumblr/Facebook.
>>
Figmas are much superior. They look like the characters.

Those dolls look like dolls trying to cosplay the character.
>>
>>5284221

What are you talking about? Are you comparing dollfie dreams to figma, cause that's appless to oranges. Shit it's partially apples to staplers.
>>
File: gr8 b8.jpg (12 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
gr8 b8.jpg
12 KB, 255x255
>>5284221
>>
Can anyone here comment on luts' wig quality? I can't decide between getting a wig from them or leekeworld, since both come about the same price with forced EMS shipping.
>>
>>5275265
Who is this character, such a cutie.
>>
>>5284304
That is OP's original character Mustache Meeku
>>
>>5284299
The Luts wigs I've gotten have been pretty decent, actually. I admit I don't have very many, though, but they are thicker than Leeke.

On a similar note, anyone have experience with Souldoll wigs? I may be ordering a doll from them and may toss in a couple of wigs that are catching my eye.
>>
>>5284299
I have bought a few of the heat resistant ones. They're a very good quality. Last a long time, soft fiber.
>>
>>5284075
I have a recast Chloe from Luo and it's pretty alright. Came with some nice glass eyes and a magic eraser. Had a small chip on the leg near the foot joint cause her legs were strung too tightly, but other than that there are no issues. Resin color was a nice peachy pink, all seams were sanded. Cost about $140 (shipping included) to the US and I received it in one week's time.
>>
>>5283931
Have you considered taking your head out of your ass, anon?

If you can't handle the colloquialisms of the internet and how people talk/write with a casual tone, you really should consider getting some help. Language evolves, my dear anon! We're not on 4chan to write essays with MLA citations.
>>
>>5284206
SOMETIMES you can find legit fairyland dolls for a reasonable price. It just takes some patience. Not fairyland, but I ended up with my Soom Mylo because the owner just wanted to clear out all her BJDs and I ended up paying $250 while all the other listings I could find for Mylos were $450+. I've seen cheap fairyland dolls on a few occasions, but this has been on DOA.

Do you need an invite, anon? Whenever registration reopens that is.
>>
>>5284351
Mind posting some photos? Reviews like this are kind of useless without any photos.
>>
>>5284299
check out formydoll, their wigs are nice, decently priced, and last time i ordered they offered air mail if you didn't want to pay big bucks for EMS.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.