[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Check out DC Collectible's newly released image of their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: static shock.jpg (76 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
static shock.jpg
76 KB, 540x675
Check out DC Collectible's newly released image of their Static.

Cloth clothing is shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KWeKZyxEZA
>>
Its cool they went with the classic Milestone version, but everyone wants the pre Nu52 version.
>>
>>5286632
>Cloth clothing is shit
What do you wear, latex body suits?
>>
>>5286634
This show was the raddest shit back then.
>>
>>5287193
New, old, anything but the spandex/raincoat/cap combo
>>
I think it looks sick

There's no way he's looking cool on that manhole cover though
>>
>>5287193
>Its cool they went with the classic Milestone version, but everyone wants the pre Nu52 version.
fuck off
Only teenagers want the designs inspired by that retarded cartoon.
>>
>>5287404
Why would people who would be 4 at the absolute oldest when the cartoon aired want figures of it?
>>
>not cartoon static
>>
>>5289388

this, quite frankly
>>
>>5289388
Yep, would have been an instant buy, but this is a pass. It's just a dumb looking costume.
>>
I remember reading the old Milestone comics in Safeway while my mom shopped around (never bought them though, typical shithead kid) so this is the Static Shock I remember.
>>
>>5289388
>>5289398
>>5289404
Look at these casuals, they want the shitty cartoon design instead of best design.
>>
>>5287404
I'm 25 and I want the cartoon costume. Specifically the last season costume.
So shut your goddamn mouth.
>>
>>5290171
you should be embarassed

The only cartoon STatic worth mentioning is the one from JLU, but fuck if it isn't a terrible design meant for a little kids cartoon.
>>
>>5290175
When I was that age I was happy to even have superhero cartoons to watch. This is the static I knew, I never knew the other one until later so this is the one that's I'm fond of. Like how other people my age are fond of John Stewart from JL animated.

Usually the first version of something you're exposed to is the one you like the most. Cover songs for instance, If you hear your favorite artist do it first then go back and hear the original chances are you'll prefer the cover.
>>
>>5290175
You're 100% right anon.
>>
>>5290190
samefag
>>
File: nostalgiacomic.gif (101 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
nostalgiacomic.gif
101 KB, 500x657
>>5290184
>implying everyone works on nostalgia
nah
Nostalgia is a poison that makes you retarded.

I hate most of what i watched as a kid in the 80s. So most remakes are better, if only because they aren't flat out written with horrible retarded agendas. The things i REALLY loved, like TMNT, i can't even watch in fear of being embarassed by what i liked and ruining my fond kid memories forever.

As for music, it really all depends. Sometimes the cover is genuinely better than the original, other times it's not. I'm not beholden to like the one i originally listened to best and sometimes actually am disappointed when i listen to a song i hadn't heard in over 20 years, because it's not like i remember it.
Same way with remakes for cartoons, movies, etc.
>>
>>5290198
Wrong.
>>
Comic static looks boring, cartoon static looks cool. Period.
>>
>>5290251
>maximum tastelessness
>>
>>5290259
>a guy wearing a cap and a one-piece spider-man spandex suit with a lightning bolt on it is better than a wavy jacket over casualwear and cool dreadlocks
>>
>>5290251
>>5290486
Gotta agree with this. Even if you give him a cheesy, spandex, one-piece with a lightning bolt randomly running across it you should at least show his dreadlocks. Taking away his hair just makes him look like a disposable hero that's set up to die for (weak) dramatic effect mere moments after appearing. Also, is he still flying on a manhole cover? Why is that so ghetto when he has a shiny outfit?
>>
>>5290486
>cool dreadlocks
I was going to make fun of your shitty taste again but you're doing a pretty good job yourself.
>>
>>5290526
>dreadlocks
>not cool

top pleb
>>
>>5290571
>he's literally trying to play off dreads as patrician while smacking lips profusely.
Heh the joke tells itself
>>
Do people even care about non-cartoon Static?
I always, always here the comic iterations were sub par.
>>
>>5290642
And to elaborate, I'm aware he was a comic character first.

But I always hear the comic is less than mediocre, while the cartoon at least has exposure behind it.
>>
>>5290642
>>5290646
>always here the comic iterations were sub par.
Well whoever told you that is retarded, there's a reason it became a cartoon in the first place.

Cartoon's ok and all, but the design is horrible.

Design and story are obviously better in the comics.

>inb4 plebs try to dispute this.
>>
>>5286632
I thought Milestone and DC had a big falling out?
>>
File: Static_(superhero).jpg (144 KB, 250x380) Image search: [Google]
Static_(superhero).jpg
144 KB, 250x380
Best Static
>>
>>5287196
I knew a guy who slept in latex sheets.

He also fucked a thousand dicks per second and had a sex swing.
>>
>>5290175
>The only cartoon STatic worth mentioning is the one from JLU, but fuck if it isn't a terrible design meant for a little kids cartoon.

Half the people here collect toys from children's cartoons. What's the problem?
>>
>>5290234
>Sometimes the cover is genuinely better than the original,
Like when?
>>
>>5290642
It did well enough for itself, I think.
It got adapted over the other Milestone comics.
>>5290658
They're actually restarting soon as the Milestone imprint again. I think they're getting an Earth on the Multiverse Map too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (414 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
414 KB, 3000x1688
If we ever do get "cartoon static", I hope we at least get anything but timmverse toys with their "upside-down triangley" mess
>>
>>5290838
Catwoman looks so good, Ivy looks so shit.
>>
File: dcc bare legged zatanna.jpg (164 KB, 1277x1920) Image search: [Google]
dcc bare legged zatanna.jpg
164 KB, 1277x1920
>>5290712
Tons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyOzGPbn2tg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tlCX9SOW5M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ysGqMocbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUyAwLz7Wg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpYW3qng78E
and countless others, among them various classical music renditions which almost always differ from one orchestra to another

I should note I grew up listening and being influenced by my father's taste in music, who had a rather large collection of 50s and 60s music and had brothers ten years older than me in the 80s.
Also to be noted: opinions are a diamond dozen that crawls out of every asshole

>>5290709
Problem? No problem. Just expressing an opinion that the cartoon version is dreck meant for little kids and that the comic version is a superior design.
In general, with most superheroes, and other comic characters, the comic designs are usually best and the cartoon versions are watered down brightly colored versions that have been simplified for the sake of being animated easier and attracting kids attentions, like poor Zatanna here.
>>
>>5286632
>>5286632
>Those 90 degree elbows
>Those horrible cut calf swivels
>That raincoat

Why do you guys collect this shit again?
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>5290845
'Tyger Tyger' Selina when?
>>
First Appearance fetishists are universally terrible people, this is an objective fact. The number of superhero designs that nailed it on issue 1 could be counted on a clumsy butcher's bad hand. It's clear to literally everybody but the samefag in this thread that the later designs are all superior in their various respects. I like the cartoon design, but the New 52 design is pretty fun too.

Of course, either of those would require some serious new tooling: a new head, and probably a soft plastic jacket piece. That on top of the tooling costs for the manhole cover... actually, the only difference between that universe and this one is that this one has a terrible soft goods coat instead of a jacket piece and the joker's arms. Though I suppose the Joker's arms would be huge, if the Icons series has anything approaching a teenage body scale. I don't actually know if that's the case.
>>
>>5290881
>bitch whine moan over nothing

If I wanted to hear that I'd watch "With Open Gates" or "Tropes VS Women"

>they're practically the same fascist propaganda movie
>>
>>5290975
I like First Appearances because I like alternate costumes.
Like, I want a Supermen of the Multiverse Collection, and figures of both Electric Supermen, and the outfit he had when he had a Mother Box and fought Doomsday in Hunter/Prey.
>>
>>5290978
>muh false equivalency
>>
>>5290845
Cause Selina is based on her BTAS design & Ivy is based on her TNBA/JL design. HUGH difference in style.
>>
>>5291092
>>
>>5291092
I see now. Joker's his TAS style, I'm not sure about Robin.
I'd think that's Tim from the pants.
>>
>>5290881
I dont want DCAU figures anymore. Their v-shaped bodies and limited articulation elbows just destroyed my dreams
>>
>>5286632
He a good boy, dindu nuffin
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.