[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Revoltech or Monsterarts Predator?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11
File: 03_Acq_Albie1.png (1 MB, 825x965) Image search: [Google]
03_Acq_Albie1.png
1 MB, 825x965
Revoltech or Monsterarts Predator?
>>
>>5281796
Are you blind?

>Left side has huge square in stomach, black ball elbows, comically oversized helmet, and is a midget

>Right side does not have those things
>>
>>5281796

They're not even the same character, for one thing. Revoltech is the Jungle Hunter. Monsterarts is the Wolf Pred from AvP: R.

But anyway, the Revoltech is just a fucking mess on all fronts. Avoid it.
>>
>>5281804
Ye, but what about the articulation? If it's better on the Revo, I can look past the aesthetic flaws.
>>
File: predator monsterats.png (831 KB, 633x749) Image search: [Google]
predator monsterats.png
831 KB, 633x749
>getting either
gross

If you really need it in Japanese, wait for them to do another.
>>
>>5281827

It looks good if you never touch the unmasked head and just leave him with the biomask on.
>>
>>5281796
If you really want a 1/12 Predator, then the Monsterarts. It's a big step up from the Revoltech in design and articulation.

But if you just want a Predator figure in general, then just get one of the many many NECA figures instead.

The Monsterarts predator was a real let down for the line and would only be worth about half its original asking price, and that's if you really NEED it.

So I'd really recommend neither, get a NECA instead.
>>
>>5281827
Mine doesn't look this bad. I also display mine with the mask on..

Either way, the NECA figures aren't terrible and a third of the price of the Monsterarts. But if you're looking for something that comes with a ton of accessories, the "Heavy Armor' Bandai Pred is for you.
>>
>>5281844
>>5281865
I got the MA at Barnes and Nobles for $25 so I may be biased, but I can't see accepting a Neca figure after this. Neca figures are like an exercise in frustration, since they can't articulate worth a damn. The MA may have some unseemly bits, but atleast it has more than 10 POAs.
>>
>>5281865
>>5281831
>figure is so poorly done you always need to hide the face all the time
Seriously, wait for something better if you want a japanese one.
>>
File: 1447285530343.jpg (55 KB, 463x549) Image search: [Google]
1447285530343.jpg
55 KB, 463x549
The new Preds (avp and avp2) from neca
They've also just unveiled the new wolf pred too and he looks pretty good
>>
OP here, main concern is articulation and range of motion. NECA is immediately out of the question.
>>
>>5281982
Then the answer is Monsterarts.
>>
>>5281982
You're nuts. The AvPs ones will be nuts. The current ones, ya, not super posable, but good.
>>
I have the Monsterarts and I personally love it. It's too bad the line didn't do that well cause I really wanted Jungle & City hunters too.

Of course it's not a perfect figure by any means, but it feels great in hand (quite heavy & durable) and while it doesn't have the best articulation it's still miles better than Neca.

Back in the day I wanted the revoltech too but the proportions are kind of a deal breaker.
>>
>>5281982
Go with the Monsterarts then.
The NECA figures will always be here once you hate it.
>>
>>5281869
lucky find then. Got mine at a MovieStop. It was that or the mafex batman.
>>
>>5281993
>>5282171
Thanks guys, only asking cause revoltech usually have best range of motion despite looking pretty awkward. Now the question is, heavy armor or no?
>>
MA
>>
>>5282378
HA has better QC, get that one.
>>
>>5281796
how did the revoltech get released looking like that? it looks like a bobble head
>>
>>5282171
How many NECA figures would it take to get the same number of PoAs as the MonsterArt? But hey,who needs quality when you can have every obscure who-gives-a-shit Predator from every pointless bit of media ever.
>>
>>5285034
Not him, but I personally don't mind the NECAs being less poseable than the SHMAs.

The lack of alternative hands is what gets me.
>>
File: Harley vs Predators.jpg (3 MB, 1465x2544) Image search: [Google]
Harley vs Predators.jpg
3 MB, 1465x2544
Predators aren't really known for being acrobatic niggas
>>
>>5285046
Half the characters of figures I own are not acrobats, I just like having the ability to do anything I want with my figures with no limitations.
>>
>>5281796
>smaller figure
>has the bigger head
ayyy
>>
>>5285030
It's pretty old. It was a different time for Revoltech.
>>
>>5285034
NECA may not have as many PoAs as the MonsterArts, but they are a lot cheaper and easier to find.
Some people like collecting tons of pointless characters. If Bandai would have made Jungle or City hunters, I would have stood by it more. But they chose a pretty unrecognizable Predator.
>>
>>5285114

Well, a fair amount of people like the Wolf Predator...though honestly, most people hated AvP:R. Wolf was also so over-the-top, comically "badass" that it is hard to forget him.

He has kind of a neat design as a Predator, it's just that the Monsterarts...really isn't the best. Articulation and Accessories are by far the strong point, but I honestly like NECA's paint (usually) better. Also, the MA Wolf has that hideous seam in the mandibles on his face...
>>
File: 16.jpg (16 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
16 KB, 180x240
Sci-Fi Revo Predator looked great in its original giant sculpt, without the joints placed in. I think that was what was shown initially at WF or something. Then it got fucked up with the joints, and the face mask removal feature gave it a giant head. A shame because their Xenomorphs are solid figures.

Too bad Bandai and Kaiyodo didn't make some Marines, but Japan rarely go into making army men figures besides MGS
>>
I still don't know for sure. I'm actually starting to lean more towards the Revo. I like the design of that character more, with the smoother texture on the metal and more brown color palette for the skin. Also, the Monsterarts doesn't seem to be able to move his arms across his chest, while the Revo can somewhat achieve that. If I could somehow combine the figures, I'd be perfectly happy
>>
>>5291723
Where can you even buy the revoltech nowadays?
>>
>>5291725

I've seen it pop up for pretty cheap second-hand on sites like Mandarake and amiami's preowned section sometimes.

Outside of that, maybe eBay?
>>
>>5291725
He's on Mandarake atm.
>>
>>5291732
>>5291730
Ah ok, not OP but that's good to know.

I don't really like the revoltech as a figure, but as a source for SCIENCE and a giant head that would look great as a trophy accessory, with some work, I might pick one up as well.
>>
File: 100_8167.jpg (274 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
100_8167.jpg
274 KB, 1280x960
>>5291742

He is really fun don't mind the haters
>>
File: 100_2060.jpg (292 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
100_2060.jpg
292 KB, 1280x960
>>5291891

Now i want to pick mine up again
>>
>>5291891
Looks pretty good. Have any more figures you can compare him to for size?
>>
>>5291923
In a moment
>>
File: predator- son, you made me proud.jpg (707 KB, 1280x1714) Image search: [Google]
predator- son, you made me proud.jpg
707 KB, 1280x1714
>>5291742
He's works better as a Predator child
>>
File: predator daddy's little boy.jpg (678 KB, 1280x1714) Image search: [Google]
predator daddy's little boy.jpg
678 KB, 1280x1714
>>5291930
>>5291930
Just look at this proud NECA papa!
His face is full pride over his wonderful son!
>>
>>5291930
>>5291936
Damn, how tall are the Neca figures? I thought I read that the Revo was a little under 7 inches.
>>
>>5291948

NECA's Predators are about 8".
>>
>>5291950
So Revo is actually around 6.5? I guess I could live with that.
>>
File: 100_0252.jpg (299 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
100_0252.jpg
299 KB, 1280x960
Here he is next to my desk buddies
>>
>>5291965
Preesh, looks like a good size
>>
>>5291965
HIS HEAD IS HUGE
>>
>>5285046
I mean, they're at least known for crouching. And Scar pulled off some pretty acrobatic shit.

Not that I don't think people should enjoy their current NECAs, but I'm really excited for the new AvP ones and I really hope that torso joint does a lot.
>>
>>5292119
Exactly, I need my figures to bend well at the waist, crouch, and somewhat cross their arms over their chest. I don't think Neca can do any of that
>>
>>5292136
Nope. Neca figs can stand around looking cool.
That's about it.
>>
>>5285046
I need this in my life
>>
>>5281796
I like the Monsterarts Predator myself. The only downside is the small pieces falling off and I end up losing them.
>>
File: HQ3.jpg (994 KB, 1152x1537) Image search: [Google]
HQ3.jpg
994 KB, 1152x1537
>>5285046
>someone saved my gangbang pic

wew lad
>>
Hip articulation on the Revo looks strange. It's only two swivel points? Figured there was a Revo joint in there
>>
>no unmasked Pred with an articulated mouth
This is why I don't bother buying Preds.
>>
>>5297051
That would look like complete shit, there would be no way of hiding the articulation.

Interchangeable heads is the only way. SH MA tried swappable mouth parts and it looked awful.
>>
>>5281796
Revo Classic Pred is actually too small to scale properly with Figma/Figuarts and even to Revoltech's recent offerings. It's a fun figure no doubt, but aside from the small height, the hip joint is primarily comprised of cut joints that simulate the range of a balljoint (basically it's not as good as it could be).

Either get Monsterarts Wolf or settle for the NECA Preds. I never fully bought into the hype of the various NECA Preds mainly due to me only cherry-picking my favorites or unique designs I liked. Even then, I still think they're some of the best offerings you'll ever find. The only sucky thing is how the quality tends to vary depending on the release/versions and how they don't have interchangeable hands.
>>
>>5285046
>Fear_of_A_Black_Planet.jpg
>>
>>5281796
right i dont know which one is but that one is taller and doesn't have that shitty torso joint
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.