[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Robot Chogokin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 10349677a3.jpg (79 KB, 1200x857) Image search: [Google]
10349677a3.jpg
79 KB, 1200x857
I just made a pre-order of pic related. Do any of you guys have the other versions of this SRC? Considering this is same as the older versions, what do I need to expect from this guy?

Also this is my second SRC. My first one is Genesic Gaogaigar.
>>
>>5277061
>Do any of you guys have the other versions of this SRC? Considering this is same as the older versions

There's only one other version of this guy, the one with the cape. The first SRC SKL bundled with the DVD is a completely different and smaller mold.

I also have the Final Count version on pre-order, didn't buy the one with the cape because I was waiting for news about a wings and eyeless head pack or version.
>>
>>5277138

I didn't know the first one (bundled with the DVD) is smaller than the caped version. Does this mean the cape version and Final Count version is in scale with the SRC Mazinkaiser?

Sorry for the late reply.
>>
>>5277061
what the fuck? couldn't they have done wingle or accessory pack? having two of the same figure rustles my jimmies
>>
>>5277061
Why is this guy so fucking expensive? At that price I'd rather just go the extra mile and get an SoC or something.
>>
The only SRC figures I'm interested in at this point are Dragonzord and or Pacific rim Jaegers in scale with the SRC megazord.
>>
File: WingleDetail.jpg (130 KB, 800x639) Image search: [Google]
WingleDetail.jpg
130 KB, 800x639
>>5277061
Lots of sharp tips so it hurts your fingers and hands a little.

And fuck them if they are not making this but only a repaint with the wings
>>
File: kaisers.jpg (192 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
kaisers.jpg
192 KB, 1280x855
>>5278419
>I didn't know the first one (bundled with the DVD) is smaller than the caped version. Does this mean the cape version and Final Count version is in scale with the SRC Mazinkaiser?

Yes, they are.
>>
>>5278745
I want this so bad. Fuck YOU Bandai.
>>
Sorry for the very late reply. I'm a little surprised about the price but then again SRC Genesic GGG was pricey too.

>>5278745

Thanks for the tip. Yeah. I hope Bandai makes a Wingle in the future. I'm kind a hoping for SRC Kouryu and Anryu (Though I'll pass if they made a SRC Tenryjin)

>>5278756

Thanks for the pic. Now I'm a glad I made a PO for Mazinkaiser SKL. If ever SRC Godannar turns up my next SRC hunt would be Mazinkaiser (the original one).
>>
>>5278745
I'm not too surprised they skipped Wingle really, seeing as they never gave Aphrodite A/Boss Borot/etc SRCs. Still would have been nice though.

Having SKL preordered does remind I need to get round to grabbing Great Mazinger and Grendizer at some point, just can't decide whether I want the Spazer or not.
>>
>>5278427
>>5278466

Gotta milk those shekels somehow. Why are you surprised with anything Bandai does?
>>
Since this is the Chogokin thread, I'll ask here.

I've been eyeing the Voltes V SOC, but it's not the incredibly expensive newer version, it's the old one which I found at a decent price.

Should I go for it? I already have the older Combattler V so I wanted to put the 2 guys together.
>>
Shin Mazinger is really the only one I want other than perhaps Shin Getter.

Shin Getter's eyes look really cheap and kind of ruin the look of the whole thing, though. Is there a fix for that? I thought it might look better if I outlined them with a marker to make them pop more or something. Better that than spring for the Aoshima version.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 800x1070) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 800x1070
Kurogane Mazinger's faux-iron texture is very sexy but sadly it's the only one I own right now. I'm now in the market for a SRC Mazinkaiser... unless there's an SoC around the corner.
>>
>>5293473

Get the 40th Anniversary one, not the Volt in Box one. It sports all the improvements from the latter while being cheaper. Granted the old one's not really all that bad, but the newer mold has minor improvements that makes it a much better toy all around. It even lets you do the stupid tank mode if you want it.
>>
File: 1446149615207.jpg (668 KB, 2048x1184) Image search: [Google]
1446149615207.jpg
668 KB, 2048x1184
>>5278466
An SRC around the hundred dollar price are the utter shit ones.

>>5293473
Are you taking about the Poppy one?
>>
>>5296829
Meant SoC around a hundred, derp.
>>
>>5296829
>An SoC around the hundred dollar price are the utter shit ones.
I got my Great Mazinger for fifty dollars and I love it.
>>
>>5296427
>That stupid tank mode
Where does that even come from? I watched the whole show and it never did that

Were the designers just huge Combattler fans?
>>
Why is Shin Mazinger so hard to find?
>>
>>5298377

The tank mode isn't even that important in Combattler, I didn't finished watching the whole series but they only used it a single time as for now.

Seems to me like the shitty tank was created to give some sort of alt mode to the popy chogokin (because dividing it in 5 vehicles was too much for them back then) and then they just added it in the anime a single time to promote toy sales. Same with Voltes, but in this case they didn't even bother to show it in the anime.
>>
>>5298433
Combattler used the Grandasher around 4-5 times, I think, and it's an attack that regularly makes it into its SRW appearances as far as I know. I'm not familiar with the oldschool chogokins, so as far as I know, SoC Voltes's tank mode comes out of thin air.

I'm pretty sure the little aircraft bird thingy that it comes with didn't appear in the show either, but I might just not be recognizing it as the thing it's supposed to represent
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.