[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here ever had one of those weeks where you contemplate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: The horror.png (237 KB, 397x374) Image search: [Google]
The horror.png
237 KB, 397x374
Anyone here ever had one of those weeks where you contemplate really hard on whether to save your money or spend it on a rare figure you really really like with its value raised through the roof?

Like you sometimes idle around for hours thinking about spending your hard earned cash, maybe even masturbating twice to have clarity when deciding and while you're sitting there planning out whether to spend your dosh or to not let your urges get the best of you, someone might already bein the process of buying it ahead of you which by then you're either freed from overthinking about spending money or burdened by the regret of not buying it sooner, which might be accompanied by buyer's remorse?
>>
No.
>>
>>5267162
If you can't decide whether or not you have enough money to buy something, it means that you don't have enough money to buy it.
>>
>>5267176
not true desu
>>
>>5267176
Not really, it means you're unsure whether it's worth that particular amount (this is independant of whether you can spare the amount)
>>
>>5267162
If you are unsure, you either;
A: shouldn't be spending that amount anyways
B: don't like it enough to pay that much anyways (if you did, you would have bought it already).
>>
>>5267162
I have moments like that. I tend to cluctch my head and run around the house screaming SHOULD I SHOULDNT I over and over until idecide
>>
>>5267176
I can easily go buy a pizza, but sometimes I think about whether or not I want to spend money on that pizza. While you make a point, it's not relevant to what OP is asking.
>>
>>5267262
If you have to debate over a $10 pizza, you're poor.
>>
>>5267270
Or it means I may or may not want a pizza. Please refer back to the first portion of my sentence.
>>
Honestly I can't bring myself to buy something after it's already gone up in price.

I can afford to spoil myself with a couple hundred if I really wanted to but I don't know, maybe I just haven't found something I really felt like I needed.
>>
File: SamuraiPizzaCaptcha.jpg (401 KB, 984x623) Image search: [Google]
SamuraiPizzaCaptcha.jpg
401 KB, 984x623
>>5267280
What do you have against pizza?

>even captcha likes pizza
>>
>>5267293
Oh, nothing. I ate some pizza for lunch yesterday. I'm just unfairly using it as an example.
>>
File: vultus.jpg (68 KB, 400x335) Image search: [Google]
vultus.jpg
68 KB, 400x335
Just did this getting a grail figure from my younger years, and the rerelease of pic related. I'll be eating ramen and rice for the next moth, but it's fucking worth it.
>>
>>5267204
I laughed, but it's something I silently do too.
>>
>>5267609
How old is the figure?
>>
So is this a poorfag or autism thread?
>>
>>5267162
>Anyone here ever had one of those weeks where you contemplate really hard on whether to save your money or spend it on a rare figure you really really like with its value raised through the roof?

Yep. At least thrice in the last couple months
[nospoilersontoy]I bought them each times[/spoiler]
>>
>>5268558
How expensive?
>>
>>5268542
A little bit of both, somewhere along the lines of Buyer's remorse on either buying or missing out.
>>
File: The World's Richest Duck.png (3 MB, 1280x1957) Image search: [Google]
The World's Richest Duck.png
3 MB, 1280x1957
>>5267270
Or just frugal.
>>
Sometimes you have to decide if you really want a thing, despite having the money.

>do I want this because it's cool, or because of nostalgia/love of the franchise/because I think it will complement another item I own?
>Does nostalgia/love of the franchise/because I think it will complement another item justify the price tag?
>will I enjoy this, or will it be yet another thing I forget about after 10 minutes and it collects dust until I sell it?

These questions have kept me from buying lots of crap. I save money where possible. I pirate video games, music and movies which spares a lot of funds. Physical goods I have to be picky about but just not buying a thing I only sort of want pays of fin the long run. Buying a thing solely because you can afford it is dumb.
>>
>>5269081
Good lord man, its a hobby
>>
>>5269112
that's right, it's a hobby, not an addiction. You dont' need to buy everything you see.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.