[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cleaning figmas, specifically talking about odor.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: MeShelf.jpg (787 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
MeShelf.jpg
787 KB, 2560x1920
My mumbling chucklefuck of a roomate cooked his retard food without turning on the air extractor. Since my collection's favorites are on my desk in the living room and the kitchen is sorta close by, most of it now smells like onions.

I'm sorry if it's the wrong board or if there's like really obvious ways to do it, but I'm kind of desperate here, and I don't know what to do. I was about to kick my roomate's teeth in out of rage.

I don't have many related images, so I posted my shelf. I just moved in, so it's kinda empty.
>>
Baking soda.
Make sure it's completely white baking soda, then put the figure in a bag/box/bowl that you can seal and set in the sun.
>>
>>5199493

A'ight, thanks.

So cocaine white baking soda, then seal then sun?

Should I mix it with water or just place them in the powder?
>>
>>5199489

Heard sealing them in a ziploc bag or container with dryer sheets work.
>>
>>5199502

Thanks, bro. Helps a lot, I'll get some from Walmart first thing in the morning.
>>
> MUH JAPANESE WAIFU FIGURES DON'T COOK FOOD NEAR THEM!!!

Lol
>>
I was gonna get salty at you for having waifu figs but then I saw the Termie squad and you were okay again in my eyes. And the mechanicus. Good luck OP
>>
Just air them out. They're plastic and non-porous. Smell doesn't permanently "absorb" into plastics like it would with something fibrous such as carpet or car upholstery, or any sort of organic material; instead it just lingers on the surface. If you want to speed up the process, put them in hot (but not boiling) water. If it's hand painted goods I can't confidently say that hot water would be safe, though.
>>
>>5199550

Thanks, broski. Those termies just won a local 2v2 tourney, too.

>>5199558

Not worried about the 40k models, those I can just cover with some 'Ardcoat. I'm gonna try what you said right now. Would 2-5 minutes be okay?
>>
>>5199529

I'm perfectly fine with people cooking near them (as in, in the kitchen) but I paid for an air extractor so this kind of shit wouldn't happen. I've been telling my retard roomate to fucking use it for over a month.

It's funny 'cuz he was making fun of me for taking care of them, while if I airbrush so much as in the same 10 square feet as his XBone games, he freaks the fuck out.
>>
>>5199565
>Would 2-5 minutes be okay
Possibly. I don't collect figma figures so I'm not sure what the tolerances for heat would be on the (presumably) soft material skirts and whatnot. I don't want you to ruin your stuff, because that would turn an already bad situation even worse. You know how you can microwave a cup of shitty instant coffee in a mug? And not get a scalding hot temperature, but it's still really warm and has that little bit of visible steam? Do that in a mug or a (microwave safe) tupperware container, and just dunk the toys for short, incremental periods until you can be sure nothing will get wrecked. Like start with 20 seconds, and move up.
>>
>>5199574

A'ight, thanks bud. I'll do that right now.
>>
>>5199574
>Possibly. I don't collect figma figures so I'm not sure what the tolerances for heat would be on the (presumably) soft material skirts and whatnot.
So naturally I'll tell you how to put your waifus in hot water and possibly ruin them

OP if you do what this asshole says you deserve what you get.
All you fucking have to do is either take a wet washcloth or better yet a baby wipe, and gently wipe down the figure. Then either pat it dry with a cloth, or air dry it.
That's all.
Anything else, like what these idiots are telling you, and you are putting way too much effort into something that may ruin your figures.
>>
File: dawn dis.jpg (16 KB, 236x420) Image search: [Google]
dawn dis.jpg
16 KB, 236x420
just wash em.
Smells are just particles of whatever crap they smell like stuck onto the surface of the toy.

I usually stick all my toys into a container full of warm water and a couple of drops of dish soap to get the oily mold release off them.
I've dipped even Figmas into that soapy water and they haven't really deteriorated in any way.

use a rag or a well worn toothbrush to wipe away the crap, if the smell doesn't come off.
make sure it's non-fancy dish soap, so it rinses right off, like dawn. no moisturizers.
>>
>>5199734
Hey

Go fuck yourself, dipshit. I went out of my way to warn him about soft materials and to impress upon him the importance of not going to boiling water with full reckless abandon. If he stays away from boiling he realistically isn't going to be beyond the level of heat that a hairdryer gives off under direct aim, and that is universally held as an acceptable means of doing something as safe and simple as unlocking joints. The only criticism in this thread should be geared towards your lack of reading comprehension, not my cautious approach to giving advice.

Fucknut faggot.
>>
>>5199489
Like >>5199493
said.

Baking soda is good. No water. Like you don't even need to put the figures inside the baking soda, just put them in a sealed box with an open case of baking soda in it and it'll absorb the smell.

Works well for tobacco funk too.
>>
>>5199570
have you considered not leaving your toys in the kitchen?
>>
>>5199833
Try some of this, after washing your tender ass with warm water, cockwad.
>>
>living with a roommate

Lol
>>
>>5201221
>living with parents

LoL
>>
>>5201239
>implying I live with parents or a roommate

I live alone, which is the best way to live.
>>
>>5199839

Bought a lot of used figmas from yja with bad smoke smell. The Baking soda method didn't work.

What I finally found to be awesome is white vinegar. An overnight soak worked wonders.

For regular cleaning I use 1:1 water and vinegar and mist-spray the figures. After about 20 minutes you just rinse the solution off.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.