[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/toy/ anon in toy market stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1394887053634.png (150 KB, 328x429) Image search: [Google]
1394887053634.png
150 KB, 328x429
L-lets put some awkward situations that happened to you in toy stores? And by "you" i mean a toy loving nerd in his late 20s.
After a couple of hours im going to call a taxi to ride to the neighbour city that has a big ass toy market. I can't wait to see what kinds of new items it has. I might buy some lego sets or other stuff. (there is no big toy stores in my town so im pretty sure there are tons of new shit came to that market).

However it creeps me out - the idea of me going to the toy market filled with children and their moms. Im a very tall guy with beard (not a neckbeard, lol). I wear blue jeans and black jacket that makes me look like a fucking biker.
I just hope that those people of market will not give me weird looks.
PS:
Speaking of which, i had one really stupid situation happened to 2 years ago. I was during those "trips to a bigger city" buying bunch of toys, and when girl asked if i have their store's Card, and offered me to make one, she started to fill the blank.
You know - my mobile phone, my name, etc.
And then she asked "Who are these toys for?". Fucking this! THIS where i started to sweat. Imagine a guy with 2 bads of toy boxes saying "f-for my son".
- His name?
- I said the most idiotically typical generic name...something like "Timmy" or "Jim", and then said "no...they are for me".
The situation i was in made me wish i could just die at that place and remove my existence from this planet.
I never visited that toy marked sinse then.
Today im going to visit it again. 2 years have passed. I really hope that noone will remember me and those girls don't work here anymore.

Tell your own awkward stories, /toy/.
Also "grown ups scared to buy toys thread".
PS:
When i return, im gonna make a photo of what i bought.
>>
>>4545628
>bads of toy boxes = baGs of toy boxes
ugh...english is not my language
>>
>>4545628
english isnt your language, and toys is something you like. you shouldnt be ashamrd of liking it. im 22 and still buy kamen rider and super sentai stuff, and everyone is cool with it except my mom who says im old for it. besides, lego can be deem a collection and theres nothing wrong for adults to buy them. you gotta chill
>>
>>4545628
im 22 and people barely jjudge. english isnt your language, but toys are something you like. you shouldnt be ashamed of it. adults buying legos isnt a prob either. if you still feel insecure by it, just say its for collection
>>
File: collarpull.gif (3 KB, 235x199) Image search: [Google]
collarpull.gif
3 KB, 235x199
Not a toy market, but,

>speech class in Uni
>first assignment is show and tell
>collect 1/6, but don't want to take in something "sophisticated" because have to store it in my backpack
>decide to take nude vanilla hot toys body instead
>another autist goes up before me, says he collects diecast cars, shows one off
>go up
>pull naked man out of my knapsack
>immediate laughter throughout the room
>mfw

I still like to think I did the hobby justice.
>>
File: doll-party-26-043.jpg (209 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
doll-party-26-043.jpg
209 KB, 640x853
>>4545672
imagine the reaction if it were a dolfie
>>
>>4545628
The last time I was in a toy store, I was wearing my GWAR shirt and fondling Lego Minifigure bags to while at the register. I could understand people not wanting to approach me, being a big bearded metal head feeling through bags of Lego, but nothing actually happened.

I never really had any awkward episodes in a store, but as a kid, I did feel ashamed bringing Lego and Star Wars things into my classes for various "Get to Know You" activities once I went to middle school and high school. Elementary school was when it was alright to bring in Lego and I was the king with my awesome creations. Once you leave elementary school, not a whole lot think you're that amazing because of your toys. Thanks to how I was raised and the people around whom I grew up, I developed a personality that emits an air of apathy towards others' opinions of me and my hobbies that allows me to enjoy my hobby as publicly as I feel.
>>
When I was in high school I was guilty of buying pony shit in my uniform after school. Being a teenage girl buying pony shit was embarrassing because I couldn't pretend that it was for someone else. I also used to hate buying figmas in the city when I lived there, used to be paranoid of people seeing me with them on the bus.
>>
File: 1411118680706.jpg (97 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1411118680706.jpg
97 KB, 640x480
MFW
I'm not ashamed of my hobby, and I buy things that
I love without a care in the world when it comes to what other people think.
>>
>>4545672
You took a naked 1/6 dude doll with you.

How did you expect that was going to go?
>>
ITT: A fuckton of kids.

Adults don't give two shits what people think of their toy buying habits.
>>
Give them the deadpan look + eye contact and answer truthfully.

Just don't give a fuck and you're all good.
>>
>>4545628
OP most of the awkwardness comes from the fact that you are ashamed of being a toy collector at yoir age.

I on the other hand experienced an awkward epiaode bcauae of others.
I'm a tall guy with a bulky build. i also have a full beard. in my city, windblade is very rare. most of the transformers on our shelves are aoe crap. so one time i was in the toystore i saw a 7-year old girl with a sealed windblade. i ran to the tf shelf but was told that it was the last piece. so i straight up pulled it out of the small girl's hands. she started to cry. but hey she doesn't know how rare windblade is. her mom went to see why. The girl pointed to me. i glared them down. because of my size i can easily intimidate anyone. Totally awkward but I got my windblade. was even able to flip for four times the price a few days later.
>>
>>4545818
I'd call you a horrible person, but with so much of humanity these days being selfish and borderline evil, I'd say you were just behaving in a socially acceptable manner.
>>
>>4545628
How did she react? Smile? Laugh? Nothing?
Tell us everything until you left the store to weep in your car. Did you sweat a lot (visibly)?
>>4545818
Do you take apprentices?
>>
>>4545824
Lol stay beta
>>
>>4545832
>stay beta
>implying I myself haven't dome some horrid things for personal gain

The worst part is, despite knowing it was morally wrong, I never felt bad.
>>
>>4545834
I'm not surprised.
You fit right in with all the scumbags in this shitty board.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.