[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Urban fantasy >Players play shamans who can walk the Noosphere;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Nice.jpg (55 KB, 636x456) Image search: [Google]
Nice.jpg
55 KB, 636x456
>Urban fantasy
>Players play shamans who can walk the Noosphere; the realm of ideas; the collective subconscious
>Powers are divided among 4 groups, each group based on one sort of primal emotions/thoughts
And here's where I'm stumped. What should I make said groups?
>>
Could go for Plutchik's wheel - basic emotions are joy, trust, fear, and surprise, and their opposites.
>>
>>48325688
That seems like a nice basis, though Surprise/Anticipation is kind of thematically weak.
>>
>>48326017
It's honestly not that weak. It could be the quick and easy route for magic users. It's insanely easy to cause surprise/anticipation but it's also very fleeting.
>>
>bump
>>
are there memes in the noosphere?
>>
How about Instinct (Id), Intellect (Superego), Altruism and Selfishness? Less coherent than the previous approach but easier to make stuff for.

>>48331869
Yes, by definition!
>>
>>48333932
Samefag. Maybe Impulse/Discipline works better than Instinct/Intellect.
>>
>>48325613
Kind bumping out of interest and an urban fantasy idea that's been rolling around in my head for a while.
One of the things I imagined as a replacement for the Feywild in urban fantasy is a place where everything runs like Toontown or Saturday morning cartoons, and people there are basically the characters from Who Framed Roger Rabbit minus connection to a good portion of real-world physics and reasoning.
Technology/magic there would basically work like it does in cartoons- a smart person decides to make a thing that does something. If he's smart enough, he can make it, the smarter he is the leas time it takes, and the more powerful it is the longer it takes, and in requires a bunch of esoteric elements to work.
Think of an entire world powered by toon logic and Genius: the Transgression tech.
It'd be hard to pin down, but it might be interesting, if not mind-screwing.
>>
File: Anteverseconcept.jpg (174 KB, 800x523) Image search: [Google]
Anteverseconcept.jpg
174 KB, 800x523
>>48325613
>love-attraction
>hatred-repulsion
>fear-nullification
>hope-addition
Kind of like genes, their combination in sequences determines how ideas build and interact
>>
If you're stumped you could just rip off 40K's chaos gods. Something like,
>Hate & Competition
>Lust & Self-improvement
>Ambition & Intellectual pursuit
>Destruction & Acceptance
>>
>>48335256
Cosmic mathematics

Love/desire/drive: multiplication because they make things more by making them more of themselves

Imagination/synchronicity/meaning:addition. Makes two separate qualities into a sum greater than they are separate.

Fear/hate/disgust: division. Reduces and simplifies a quality without changing that Quality in a complete sense. The fraction is forever a part of the whole and fits into the whole.

Forgetfulness/cessation: subtraction.
>>
>>48325613
Do you even UA ?
>>
>>48325613
Warhammer already has this
Khorne is hatred, honor, rage, bloodlust
Nurgle is stillness, rot, depression, love, despair, happiness
Tzeentch is change, hope, lust for knowledge and revolution, endless search for better anything
Slaanesh is pleasure, hedonism, lust, art, gluttony, debauchery, all things excess
>>
>>48325613
instinct, mystic, valor, rocket
>>
>>48335499
no
>>
Check Wikipedia für Humorism:

sanguine - courageous, hopeful, playful, carefree
choleric - ambitious, leader-like, restless, easily angered
melancholic - despondent, quiet, analytical, serious
phlegmatic - calm, thoughtful, patient, peaceful

I'm not sure it's a good idea to force players into roles they might not want.
>>
>>48325613
Joy, sorrow, fear, anger. Joy is healing, anger is attacking, sorrow is debuffs, and fear is teleportation/binding.
>>
File: 1468525209508.jpg (396 KB, 1570x1536) Image search: [Google]
1468525209508.jpg
396 KB, 1570x1536
>urban
>fantasy

when will this meme end?
>>
>>48335927
when people stop living in cities
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.