[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: bestgeneral2.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
bestgeneral2.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Death Korps of FUCK STORMSURGES edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

This general pic has never been more relevant. May you all buy Hades Breaching Drills and fuck up tau faggots soon.
>>
File: 40kgeneralbingo.png (218 KB, 1200x1400) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneralbingo.png
218 KB, 1200x1400
Let's start this general with some bingo! Today's free tile is ALL TAU RELATED TILES. FUCK TAU! DESTROY ALL THE STORMSURGES IN THE NAME OF THE UNDERMINER
>>
File: Death_of_Aun'Va.png (3 MB, 1756x810) Image search: [Google]
Death_of_Aun'Va.png
3 MB, 1756x810
>>
>>48290730
>Now I have a mental image of a huge Space Marine party going on in the ship en route to some mission
>you will never be an Angel of Death chilling with your brothers listening to the sickest beats of Mars while heading to a mission
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (352 KB, 493x586) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
352 KB, 493x586
>>48290896
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48290920
>Tau players face when storm surge nerf
>>
>>48290901
https://youtu.be/iwew9TzWY3M?t=60
there should be noise marines except not corrupt and with boomboxes going across the galaxy being chill af bringing the light of the imperium and sick beats
>>
File: sad tau.png (52 KB, 151x147) Image search: [Google]
sad tau.png
52 KB, 151x147
>>48290896
>>
>>48290901
It's fun the first few times. After you see a few bros die, or have a close call or two yourself, its not fun anymore. Turn the music off and just try to focus on what you need to do to keep yourself and your squad alive.
>>
I suppose it does make sense. If the assault drill were to drill a cavity under something that large, you can expect that the 100' tall mecha is going to fall. And if you've ever seen what happens to elephants too clumsy to keep their balance you know the stormsurge isn't going to survive. Gee, if only we had mounted our anti-titan weaponry on a low-profile hovertank, maybe this wouldn't have happened!
>>
>>48290939
>nerf

Are you implying any vehicle that can threaten a SS with tank shock will make it across the board? Are you also implying that any but the most ultra-retarded Taufags anchor their SS? And are you also implying that you are unfamiliar with Tau dakka, and JSJ'ing 18" melta suits?

And lastly, are you implying this is even ever going to happen?
>>
File: [laments externally].jpg (62 KB, 498x417) Image search: [Google]
[laments externally].jpg
62 KB, 498x417
>>48290977
But alas the sickest beats can not be shared with all of the Imperium.
>>48291153
>the music reminds you of them
>>
File: image.png (5 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 MB, 2048x1536
So if I'm reading this correctly, it just says any model, meaning a wound against a vehicle would also force an Initiative Test. Is that's the case, would non-walkers auto fail, and therefore die instantly? Not a very efficient way to kill vehicles, but it could be situationally useful.
>>
Rusty buff riders.
>>
>>48291295
Vehicles don't have wounds, they have hull points. Difference system entirely. They wouldn't take an initiative test.
>>
File: powercentaur.jpg (506 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
powercentaur.jpg
506 KB, 3264x2448
>>48291301
Power Armour Tacticool Operator Monstergirls
>>
>>48291221
Are tau players too stupid to un-anchor their stormsurge when it is threatened by hostile tankshocking vehicles?
>>
>>48291324
All someone needs to do is take a Hades Assault Drill, which can tank shock/ram coming out of Deep Strike. The mere THREAT of having a vehicle that can insta-gib a stormsurge on the deep strike if it's anchored will mean the tau player will never anchor in the first place.
>>
>>48291176
>>48291347
BRB, proxying my mawlocs as drills.

Just joking. I don't own any mawlocs.
>>
>>48291324
Nah, they just complain a lot when they have to deal with doing actions in phases other than the shooting one.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>48291324
Apparently. Just look at all these delicious tau tears.
None of them even consider just not anchoring it when it might be threatened
>>
>>48291347
I somehow fail to see the problem.
You only loose some firepower when not anchoring, so why is there such a fuss about it. If there is something nearby/ in reserve that really threatens it, then you do what is required. Similar to a tank that looses some shooting when its moved. Sometimes it needs to be done. Get over it.
>>
>>48291323

>Godawful disproportioned centaurs in marine armour who don't even go fast
>>
>>48291324
>>48291347

Any Tau player capable of tying his own shoes, or forming a complete sentence - doesnt anchor his SS.
The competitive way to use them sofar has been to march them (two is more common than one) up the field, creating such a massive threat that your opponent is forced to shoot at them. Charge it? Get stomped. Shoot at them? The rest of the Tau army goes unscathed for 1, 2, 3? turns.

Any competitive player will tell you the Stormsurge, though expensive, is the most game-changing unit the Tau have.
They will also tell you not to anchor it. This tank shock thing is getting blown way out of proportion by ultra-noobs, and people that rarely or never play the game.
>>
>>48291436
I blame the shoulderpads, they're fucking enormous. Rest of the torso fits perfectly fine with the centaur, and is the same size as the old torso.

Really, the armour's the perfect size. I just fucking hate the backpack, and will never use the launcher-pack ever again for these.
>>
Isn't the latest version of the Hades Drill a T7 infantry model which takes wounds as if it were T3 because of majority toughness?
>>
Sort of new Dark Angel Player here.
Today I had scheduled a match with someone and was going to get to use the full might of my Deathwing since finishing my librarians and a few more terminators.
I was going to be playing against an Ad Mech player but as we were going over eachothers armies he told me I could put the Librarians from my Dark Angel Librarius Conclave with units from my Deathwing Strike Force.
Furthermore he said any one in a unit with Eziekel (the named character required for the Dark Angel's Conclave) could not Deepstrike and again had to arrive from regular reserves. So I couldn't just put him and a librarian into the 2 empty HQ slots of my Strike Force.

The Deathwing Strikeforce restrictions just say that every unit must have the Deathwing Special Rule (Which all HQs Save Sammael, Master of the Ravenwing and Techmarine have).
It also says all units in the detachment must begin the game in Deepstrike Reserves. Since I use multiple Ravenwing Attack Squadron I can choose to auto pass or fail any reserve roll.

Could anyone explain why I can't do what I have been since I started playing? Has everyone just let me cheat? All he said was it was in one of the FAQs and I cant really find what it would pertain too.

End of story he refused the game because I "was bending the rules to make my army better" as he put it.

I've been playing since last November so I am not the greatest with rules yet.
>>
>>48291522
Not for regular IG, the cadian hostile environment group or whatever it's called still has it as a vehicle and DKoK are basically their own army apart from regular IG, so the new toughness value rules don't supersede them.
>>
>>48291522
It doesnt matter with the drill. Once its DS location is rolled, its effectively pointless.
>>
>>48291522
The most up-to-date version of the drill (According to dakkadakka's forgeworld unit index) is in in IA:2, 2nd ed, and is a vehicle.
this applies to Guard and Krieg Siege regiment
The Krieg Assault regiment in IA:12 has the same vehicle profile
>>
>>48291415
>It is already vulnerable to destroyer weapons and grav weapons
Jesus christ.
>>
>>48291621
Taufag entitlement is hard to believe. You see it all the time, but its still so far over the top, it always shocks you.
There really is no question, Tau has the most cancerous playerbase in the game.
>>
>>48291473
Thanks captain obvious. No one is talking about the few actually intelligent Tau players.
>>
>>48291685
>intelligent Tau players.
Errrr, oxymoron much?
>>
>>48291559
Only thing you can't do there is deepstrike Ezekiel, as per the DA FAQ units bought in the DWSF formation that don't have the deepstrike USR arrive as regular reserves. Means you can take land raider dedicated transports and not have them float in limbo now (although why would you with the 7th ed codex after they removed DW land raiders).
>>
>>48289307
>why cant they take devourers?
Devs would be glorious on Gargoyles. The start collecting formation would actually gain a function
>>
>>48290811
Let's join in with the Tau hate!

FUCKTAU 1850
> Raptors Tactics, Unbound, No Formations

HQ:
Lias Issodon - 175
Honour Guard - 265
- 10-men

Troops:
Tactical Squad: 140
- 10-men
- Flamer
Tactical Squad: 140
- 10-men
- Flamer

Heavy Support:
Devastator Squad: 420
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons

Lias Issodon grants infiltrate to himself, and 3 Grav-cannon devastator squads. He then joins the 4th devastator squad to grant them his infiltrate.

All 4 devastator squads combat squad, into 2 grav-cannons per squad. I now have 8 Grav-cannon equipped squads infiltrating into grav-cannon range of the tau faggots.
>>
>>48289307
Because they used to have Deep Strike. Then Shitace decided to take that away and give them no compensation.
>>
>>48291715
But I can put the termi libs from a conclave in my strikeforce and still deepstrike then?
>>
>>48291709
As much as I wish I could dismiss every tau player as a moron, it is not so. Usually they come around when branching into another army.
>>
>>48291619

Siege of Vraks one, more recent than either of those books, is infantry with average toughness 3.
>>
>>48291761
Yeah, but you'd need to roll reserves for them.
>>
>>48290847
Yeah I guess I'm looking for a showpiece. Something I can take my time on and do really well.

I find something like that motivates me more to work on all the littler things around it.
>>
>>48291415
>I'm not buying a Stormsurge now
>Well, Stormsurges are useless now
>A 35 point Rhino makes a 360 point GC a waste of points

Jesus effing christ Taufags. Consider not anchoring it if a tank shock threat is present. Or, you know, shoot the Rhino before it gets there.

Can you imagine the Tau whining if they werent afforded all the special treatment they are? If they had to obey walker/vehicle rules? If they had to move their units tactically? If they had to take cover saves into consideration? Or if they didnt just have access to tons of powerful units, formations, rules, and weapons - with almost none of the drawbacks and tough choices most other armies have to make?

Tau players are a shameful bunch, they deserve the hate not because of GW's multitude of gifts bestowed upon them, but because they are a self-centered, socially retarded group of idiots.
>>
>>48291808
does siege of vraks have a second edition?
IA: 1 has a second edition released in 2012
>>
>>48291737
Don't forget to take tons of DT Rhinos to tank shock their Storm Surges.
>>
>>48291685
>Captain Obvious

Based on the replies in this thread, none of what anon posted was obvious. Never miss a chance to be a snarky pissant though!
>>
>>48291415
>Tau players outside don't act like spergs like here on 4cha....
>>
>>48291868

Siege of Vraks 2nd edition was released in 2015.
>>
>>48291900
well shit. Is there a PDF in the mega?
or why don't I just go check
>>
Attn Stormsurgefags:

Not all vehicles are in fact tanks.
>>
>>48291737
>>48291870

FUCKTAU REVISED 1850
> Raptors Tactics, Unbound, No Formations

HQ:
Lias Issodon - 175
Honour Guard - 265
- 10-men

Troops:
Tactical Squad: 75
- 5-men
- Flamer
Tactical Squad: 75
- 5-men
- Flamer

Heavy Support:
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino
- 10-men
- 4 Grav-Cannons
- Rhino

Same as before, except now I have 8 grav-cannon squads infiltrating, alongside 4 infiltrating rhinos to Turn-1 tank shock.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (158 KB, 669x874) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
158 KB, 669x874
>>48291868
Printed in 2015
>>
>>48291921
Turn one tank shock won't do anything since the stormsurge isn't anchored yet.
>>
>>48291921

Jokes on you, I run mostly crisis, stealth suits and Ghostkeels, with generally one Riptide in a list. (Rotating which variant I use on whim.)
>>
>>48290939
What nerf?

Oh, the "can be killed easily if you choose to stand still" ability they gave to the LoW from Codex: Mobility?

Yeah, no. Anyone who did that played like idiots, this is not an FAQ, it is an FYI from GW, telling people to stop being shit at the game.
>>
So how do i go about getting into 40k? I dont even know if i'll like it or be good at painting miniatures so how do i get a taste?
>>
>>48291922
see >>48291612
>>
>>48291830

>Walking up two Stormsurges
>Like a two knight list, but less durable

Okay, you do that. I'll be here striking half your army off the table in two turns because I prep for two knight lists.

>But you aren't focusing on the rest of my army!

Mostly. Will harass it a bit, and once I'm done you're down 900+ points. Good job.
>>
>>48291922

re: >>48291612
yeah there's no "use this unit for imperial guard armies" so pretty sure that only applies to whatever army list its printed in. so the most up to date general use one is still from IA:2 2nd
>>
>>48292029
A 3+, 4++ GC is arguably less durable than a Knight. It's T is the achilles heel, but it's going to survive a turn of shooting in most cases. Running two of them alleviates a lot of this concern.

Stormsurges are good bro. They put out a shit ton of dakka, and lay waste to everything but the most durable of units.

If dealing with two if them is a non-issue for you, congratulations.
>>
>>48292029
>Like a two knight list, but less durable
3+/4++/5+++

Not exactly squishy there, m8.

I mean, sure, if you are an WAAC Entitled Marine Faggot, with access to the "I win" gun.

The rest of us can't deal with it quite as easily.
>>
>>48291987
Read the varying fluff on the factions you can play. Pirate the rule book to browse over in between reading the lore. Decide on a codex then continue as followed:

>Go to store that sells 40k
>Buy literally any model that looks cool, perhaps some sort of HQ in a single model pack
>Grab a few pots of paints 3-4 and two brushes
>Go anywhere but the store you were just at and buy a flat white/grey/black spray paint depending on your previous selection of colours
>Assemble into workable sections
>Prime that shit
>Paint that shit

If after all that (which may run you ~$50) you should know if you want to keep modeling.
>>
>>48292132

Oh, dealing with two of them is hard, but it becomes a lot easier if they just walk into easy range.

I've been dealing with a ton of imperial knights in my meta. Only faced Stormsurges twice and a Wraithknight once, but I'd say I've probably killed about two dozen IKs. They're like a puzzle boss, tricky at first, but just dull once you get used to fighting it.

T6? You have any clue how many wounds I can throw at that with anti IK tactics?
>>
File: 1461964599646.jpg (356 KB, 960x2000) Image search: [Google]
1461964599646.jpg
356 KB, 960x2000
>>48290901
>>
>>48292232
>I can kill Stormsurges no problem
>Marine player btw

This cancerous shit meme needs to die.

It is worse than the Tau "What cover saves?" version. You autistic little shits really don't have any kind of awareness about the state of your army?
>>
>>48292350

Only marines I own are 11 dreadnoughts, 7 tanks and a techmarine mate.

Gimmick list. Not tried it against a superheavy yet.
>>
>>48292379
>I was only theorycrafting.

Are you baiting or something? Because this keeps getting worse.
>>
>>48292450

No, I own five different armies. Was just refuting your idea that I'd just dandy because Grav spam.
>>
>>48291980
>Hurrr, just don't anchor it ever!
Fuck you.

You really think it's ok for some shitty transport to delete a GMC? If it wasn't tau you would be decrying it as the pinnacle of WAAC faggotry but "lel tau hate xD".
There isn't even a rule saying this should happen in the rule book but it contradicts a rule that IS in there; GMCs only take D3 wounds from removed from play a attacks.

They put that rulein to STOP 35 point transports destroying knights and shit with tank shocks but I guess it's ok for them to ignore that because fuck tau, GW HATES tau amIright lads?
>>
>>48291473
>Any Tau player capable of tying his own shoes
I don't know, the Tau player at my LGS wears shoes with sticky straps...
>>
>>48292505
>They put that rulein to STOP 35 point transports destroying knights and shit with tank shocks
I'm impressed at how many things you've got wrong in this one sentence due to excessive mad.
>>
When was the last time you just fielded a CAD, not even swapping shit like Crisis Suits or bikes into the troops slot?
>>
>>48292546
> Sticky straps

Velcro or semen?
>>
>>48292505
>GMCs only take D3 wounds from removed from play a attacks.
It's a good think Tank shocking isn't considered an attack then isn't it.
>>
>>48292505
>>48292571
Regardless of that.

He does have a point there was already a rule about tank shock and GMC, why this particular model gets insta kill is beyond me.

Unless I can tank shock every GMC with my shitty Rhino and make them explode. There is something wrong about it.
>>
>>48292505
GW is bullshit in all things and /tg/ hates whatever factions are OP, news at 11.
>>
I want to start Tau at some point in the future.
With 2 Tigershark AX-10 (or whatever the suped up Tigershark was called).
What else can I run to complement them without being a faggot. Was thinking Kroot.
Alternatively what's a fun DKoK strat? Just 6million artillery?
>>
>>48292617
There isn't anything wrong with it. If you can somehow make it impossible for another gmc to move tank shocking would kill it.
>>
>>48292505
The anchor rule is very clear that the stormsurge can not move "UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" while anchored. The rules are also very clear that if you get stuck in the same place as tank shocking tank, and you can't get out of the way, you're dead.
An anchorched stormsurge can't move out of the way of a tank shock at all, ergo it's destroyed. If anyother model had a similar rule to anchor, and ended up in the same situation, it would also die. And everyone (except some of the people who play that faction) would agree with it. This isn't tau hate, this is just how the rules work.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, you fucking fish
>>
File: HHvsShark-1.jpg (82 KB, 799x598) Image search: [Google]
HHvsShark-1.jpg
82 KB, 799x598
>>48292639
>I want to run two titan Killers with kroot support.
>>
>>48292617
>He does have a point there was already a rule about tank shock and GMC, why this particular model gets insta kill is beyond me.
No, he doesn't. The other ruling said you would move the model, and it would not be instant killed. But, an anchored stormsurge can litteraly never move, at all, no ifs ands or buts. Because the stormsurge can't move, it dies. It's that simple.
>>
>>48292676
It seems fun
>>
>>48292692
I really hope you meant the Barracuda.
>>
The AX 1-0 is overpriced as shit, desu.
>>
>>48292649
>>48292681
Ah my bad, it does make sense then.
>>
>>48292650
Any stormsurge that lets a rhino get that close while anchored deserves what it gets. Just make sure you guys are targeting nearby tanks first, or don't anchor.
>>
>>48292719
It would only be in casual games.
I guess DKoK it is then
>>
>>48292757
Good. Flyers shouldn't be cheap and have D Weapons.
>>
>>48292577
Today, actually.
>>
>>48292855
Flyers shouldn't be a thing period.
>>
>>48292580
V-velcro...
>>
>>48292868
Remove superheavies too, they're cancer.
>>
File: image.png (6 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 MB, 1536x2048
100 points overpriced.
>>
>>48292983
It this sort of shit had stayed in Apocalypse like it was supposed to then the odd 100 points here and there wouldn't matter.
>>
>>48293056

Epic. It belongs in Epic.

Apocalpyse is for people with a free weekend, entirely too much money and a raging GW cuck-boner.
>>
>>48293105
>cuck-boner
This doesn't even make sense, fuck I hate /pol/ for this meme.
>>
>>48293160

>Insults have to make sense
>>
>>48293105

It doesn't make sense to me that people constantly rail on others for liking this game in a thread about this game. Don't people have anything better to do than complain about things they evidently don't enjoy anyway?
>>
>>48290836
>ad mech

?
>>
File: img5217e693bc681.jpg (1 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
img5217e693bc681.jpg
1 MB, 2272x1704
>>48292505
This reply just demonstrates the entitled and self-centered view of the Tau player.

I know, it's not something Tau players are used to: making a risk vs. reward decision (or really any decision other than what to shoot at). But a Stormsurge is not 'deleted' if it has to decide whether or not to anchor. A Stormsurge is still well worth it's points unanchored. You could easily make the case that a Stormsurge is best used unanchored.

Not to mention the risk of getting tank shocked is absurdly low. You basically have to allow a vehicle to cross the table, and get in range of your Stormsurge. I dont know of any AV 14 front/side fast vehicles, which would really be the only true threat in this scenario.

The weird DKoK drill thing: hey, if some dude is playing a DKoK/IA list that allows that unit, then thats just your hard counter isnt it Taufag? Now stop being the most embarrassing group of childish faggots this hobby has to offer, and try to act like a man.
>>
>>48293203

40k is fun!

Apocalpyse is trying to play Epic at 28mm scale with a ruleset never designed to handle it, and failing. Horribly.
>>
>>48293280

Apoc is fun because you get to field your entire collection at once, on battlefields larger and more interesting than standard games. It doesn't have to be perfect to be fun, and liking it doesn't place you on your knees, sucking GW's cock. Seriously, these hypercritical faggots that just can't stand other people enjoying things are pathetic as fuck.
>>
>>48291921
>FUCKTAU
>Unbound

No john you are the cancer.
>>
>>48293314

>Buying a Titan legion doesn't mean you've sucked GW's cock to the tune of 5000 fat sweaty bucks

>Fielding enough other shit on the board to keep up if you aren't a superheavy spammer isn't as bad or worse
>>
>>48293191
They should.
>>
>>48293379

Go lick your father's clit, you prismatic pissant.
>>
>>48293350
Anyone whose faggotry requires me to bring this list isn't worth playing anyway. It's only ever seen a game once, and that was a tournament that had me tabling a tau player on turn 1.
>>
>>48293367

>buying things you like makes you a loser

stay a poor, pathetic piece of trash, faggot
>>
>>48293367
What is scratch building, papperhammering or proxying?
Also as a sidenote does anyone have a copy of the beast must die that they could share?
>>
>>48292577
Every time I play.
>>
>>48293463

Yeah good luck fielding your cardboard Titan legion in a GW store.
>>
File: 1461438445073.jpg (35 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461438445073.jpg
35 KB, 800x800
/tg/, some friends and I are starting 40k and they really wanted me to play so they got me an old tau battleforce as a gift and added a few things to make a small army with them. Recently I had my first game at 750 points, lots of fire warriors led by a fireblade, only one team of three suits, one pathfinder team, a broadside, and a hammerhead. It wasn't really as fun as I thought and I think I sorted out what the problem was. It didn't feel very active, possibly because I was fighting an IG arty list. Nothing really moved much on either side once our infantry took up positions overlooking the relic. We were playing a city-fight with a ton of defensible positions so everything just sorta turned into a killing field while we traded shots for six turns without a lot of ebb or flow.

Is this just because of the large amount of terrain we had coupled with the matchup or should I get piranhas, vespid, carbine firewarriors, breachers, etc if I want to actually move and react more than just walking away to stay at max range? Basically I want to play more aggressively and dynamically without resorting to the more faggy options I'm seeing since just passing turns rolling shooting at each other didn't really feel very... heroic? Yeah that.

Alternatively I could just play another army and keep the tau for display or campaign play. Space marines maybe? I've been hearing they're about as bad as tau now though. Why is that? On the other hand Death Korps seem really cool and I don't really mind the price but wouldn't that be more of the same problem I'm having?
>>
>>48293561
and I added*
>>
>>48293500
>complains about people sucking GW dick.
>plays in a GW store

Did you know you can spice up any drink with some delicious, nutritious bleach?
>>
>>48293561
IF you don't want a shooting simulator for every game don't play You're going to need a different army.
>>
>>48292983
This actually seems reasonable for what it does, would play with and against.
>>
>>48293561
>Space Marines
>As bad as Tau
>hahaha

In all seriousness though, if you're bored with the shooting phase you really picked the wrong army. Get Farsight of you want a little melee for your Tau, bit truth be told Tau will never be good at melee. If you like the general flavor of Tau, Skitarii are the closest army I can think of with any (albeit situational) melee units, plus they look pretty badass. Or Necrons, they play in a fairly similar way but have some fantastic melee units.
>>
>>48293602

Plays in a GW store and lives in Britain are synonyms.

Ain't no FLGS over here.
>>
Hey Anons ! Want to hear about normalfags playing for fun ? Help me out !
I play CSM against Tau tomorrow, regular armies, no superheavies etc
I do, however, run nurglebikes, which isn't really nice. But lemme explain, I'm here for that.

My friend plays A FUCKING GUNLINE. Like, triple firewarrior squad, double firesword, pathfinders and sniper drones, plus a barracuda. And here comes the problem.

I will never outshoot him, I can't really do anything else than melee him, if I want to win. So, as predicable as it is, our games are all the same. He parks his gunline on one side of the map and I run my bikes and marines to his face.

How the fuck can we avoid this scenario ? How would you do to change that in something a vit more tactical than "do I survive your cannons and you're dead or do I loose ?"

Thanks for your help anons !
>>
>>48293783

>Gunline Tau

Boring to play against -and- completely ineffective! A winning combo!
>>
>>48293783
Either one of you change up your army.

Or you go for more points based games.
>>
>>48293783
Invest in some LOS blocking terrain. Use it to create a deadzone in the middle of the table that neither deployment zone can really see into. Place objective markers in said zone.
>>
>>48293620
>>48293728
Well at least they'll fill some display space.

Shooting itself was okay I guess but thats all it was, no maneuver, no shock and awe, no major pushes, just a lot of death and less models on the table a short distance from where they started since neither of us could really move up.

What I sorta liked about them was the tacticool element. Emphasis on superior equipment, training, and preparedness but that didn't really feel like it was represented beyond having good guns and markers which is why I'm mostly looking at space marine stuff right now.

Skitarii look cool too I guess, I'd thought they are another standoffish army though. No idea really about necrons. Do you think if I looked around someone at my FLGS might let me have a test drive sometime?
>>
>>48293769
And I suppose your hovel is too small to fit a table to play on?
>>
>>48293783
How much terrain do you play with? Maybe add more line of sight blocking stuff? Try playing objective-based games, come up with a scenario that encourges both of your units to move around trying to gain points instead of bashing each other's skulls in. I had to do this with my friend who plays grey knights because our games became the same instances of me trying to outshoot him and him rushing at my face. Basically what we did was we generated four objectives each turn by rolling on the chart in the BRB and picking two we wanted to achieve
>>
>>48293887

Yeah, lotta customers come into my fucking house looking to play 40k.
>>
>>48293783
Buy stronghold assault. get a bastion and install an emergency exist, conviently 12 towards him.
Instead of nurgle get some glorious slaanesh bikers and a lord/sorceror with a steed of slaanesh (aka tittymonster). The unit now has outflank + acute senses, so you can attack him from the side.

Use empty rhinos as a moving coverwall. When they die but not explode they still block LOS. Use a cheap pred (read nuffin for upgrades )to get AV13 against his firewarriors.

Get a Heldrake and roastbeef him.

Spam Lvl3 sorcerors for invisibility.
>>
>>48293910
so you have no friends then?
>>
>>48293769
Damn really? If I had to play in a GW, I wouldnt be in this hobby as much as I am.

Where do people play X-Wing, Bolt Action, FoW, Infinity, and other games?
>>
>>48294040
Halls, Churches, lodges, etc. There's not many actual game shops here.
>>
>>48293998

>Just play at home!
>Wargaming
>A tier of full autism nerdery only surpassed by people who spend thousands on their MtG deck
>Taking having friends as a given
>>
>>48294040
I'm lucky enough to actually have a game shop in my city, it sells all GW stuff at a 20% off which is pretty great.
>>
>>48293890
Man this looks neat !
>>
>>48293871
Someone may let you play test, depends on the kind of people at your FLGS. If you like the trained and tacticool army, Crons and Skitarii really are the closest you can get. Necrons just possess powerful stats and are fucking impossible to kill, while The Skittle-men and Technophile troops start with really good weapons- and upgrades to make them stupid overpowered- that require you to manipulate the battlefield to use them best. Other than those, Space Marines do whatever the hell you want them too, so if you want to mix and match strategies with a cushy 3+ save, they're your best bet.
>>
>>48293914
Sorry, I said "normalfags" and "playing" ty not ty ;)
>>
>>48294152
At it's base it's still a social game, requiring at least one other person to play.
If you've been playing at a GW/FLGS with other actual people for any length of time and haven't found at least one person you don't mind being around and doesn't mind being around you then you are either a complete social failure, that guy, or both.
>>
Is there a good summary of the races available aside from the codices themselves? I can't afford to buy them all and need as much information about each faction (both fluff and crunch wise) as possible to choose what I want to start next.
>>
File: 1460656362175.jpg (24 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1460656362175.jpg
24 KB, 250x250
>>48294212
Thanks man. I'll start playing around with skitarii/mechanicus lists and read both their army books then since that sounds more like what I'm looking for. I'll see about looking at marines as a fallback. At the very least I could have some of both for some variety.
>>
>>48294314
Lexicanum.
>>
>>48292450
>Reading Comprehension.
>>
>>48294314
>I can't afford to buy them all
There is a link on the top. Rumor has it there are backups of them all So if you lost yours you might get it there.
Other then that, the big rulebook has a book with an overview of them all.
>>
>>48291922
By the wording of the specialist equipment rule, that sounds like a DKoK specific version.
>>
>>48294315
Skitarii/Mechanicus don't have very many units, but they are a bit more varied and have some units that like being up close and personal, which may give you the more 'Heroic' feel that you're after.

Tau aren't completely a lost cause if you want to do that though, going Farsight Enclaves and using lots of suits, or breachers in Devilfish and piranhas to give you something more mobile and dynamic rather than sitting back and passively shooting.
>>
>>48294470
>By the wording of the specialist equipment rule, that sounds like a DKoK specific version.

How?
>>
>>48294519
(not that anon, but) lets start with the fact that it exists only in the Death Korps of Krieg Siege Regiment army list, with no provisions for using it anywhere else
>>
>>48294519
>Each Hades Breaching Drill must be attached to a single Death Korps of Krieg Combat Engineer Squad.

Did you read the rule I specified?
>>
File: $_57.jpg (181 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
181 KB, 1600x1066
Whats in this lot? Is it worth about 40usd?
>>
>>48294554
>>48294553

So how should it be worded in the DKoK list?
>Each Hades Breaching Drill must be attached to a single Death Korps of Krieg Combat Engineer Squad, or any other faction who fancies a go.
>>
>>48294560
HA!

10$ tops.
>>
Can someone post the FAQ that has taufags so btfo?

I want to shoop the specific rule line with a bunch of angry tau faces.
>>
>>48294586
List it in the Engineer Squad entry, just saying something like

>A DKoK Combat Engineer Squad must take a Hades Breaching Drill as a Dedicated Transport.
>>
>>48294560
>poorly painted
>missing bits
>orks

Uhhh, no. That's not worth $40.
>>
>>48294619
Go look it up yourself, if you want to be smug at least don't ask to be spoonfed.
>>
So i saw the whole hades drill thing in the last thread, and im thinking about buying one instead of a chimera, is this a good idea?
>>
>>48294586
the point is that there *is no* non-dkok hades drill in that book.
Which means the most up-to-date version of the drill for any other army list (dkok assault and regular guard) is in IA:1 2nd edition
>>
>>48294636
But it's not a transport, way they describe it it's more like a mini TBM with the soldiers footslogging after it in the tunnel it makes.
>>
>>48294669
Did you miss DEDICATED TRANSPORTS in big letters on top of the page...?
>>
>>48294648
Oh, ok, so the "Dred mob is still ok because it hasn't been updated" argument.
>>
>>48294560
Some Gorkamorka, 2nd ed freebooterz and a metal stormboy missing his rokkit. All supplanted with plastic bits.

It's only worth $40 in ebay land where any old mass produced metal minis are worth their weight in gold. If you go to the oldhammer forums or their facebook trading group and ask around someone will sell you the boyz you want from that lot for a lot less.
>>
>>48294679
You can't buy IA8 anymore, you can still buy IA1 2nd ed.
>>
>>48294679
It also doesn't have a FOC slot and nothing besides DKOK siege regiment combat engineers have permission to use one
>>
>>48294679
Its more of the inquisition chimera vs guard codex chimera, or (until it was errata'd) blood angel vs space marine dreadnaughts
>>
>>48294709
This.

And since the Inquisition get the nice Chimeras, I'd like the nicer drill.
>>
Going against dark eldar tomorrow how should i deal with them with chaos marines without allies?
>>
>>48293783

Lord help you if he ever decides to run a decent list. Also, buy a Heldrake and watch him "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" as you anally annihilate his entire line and teach him that gunline Tau is bad.
>>
>>48294736
>>48294709
Inq the ones that get to put an Autocannon on theirs?
>>
>>48294756
Auto-cannons.
Flamers on something fast like the hell turkey.
Bikers, anything low ap is too low strength to harm them.
Minimize the number of vehicles you bring, he's most likely going to have haywire and lance on everything.
Take something that can harm a T7 monster easily.
>>
>>48294756
Got Noise Marines?

Ignore his Jink. Shred his sanity with your sound.

Also Baleflamers will hurt.
>>
>>48294814
No, only guard get that I think from Imperial Armour.

Inquistion get 5 fire points at a 10pt deduction, plus can take psybolt.
>>
>>48294756
Heavy bolters splat their vehicles, regular bolters splat their troops, heavy flamers ruin both at the same time also >>48294821
>>
>>48293783
Have you painted Zach ?
>>
>>48292266
>tiesto
it fits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJrJCjSJ-ho
>>
>>48293275
You know the worst part? I am the one he replied to, and my ONE AND ONLY army is Tau, and I have 3 Stormsurges.

I cling to the army, because despite everything, I love everything anout it. But the hate Tau get because a huge part of the Tau playerbase is made up of retarded monkeys, have made me consider selling my entire army and starting another.

It is so sad to see the idiots constantly complain, bend the rules to the furthest point possible, and generally be no-fun-for-the-opponent assholes. I have tried 2 major Tau fansites, and one of them, ATT, fucking deleted my post about why Coordinated Fire did NOT share all special rules, along with a 3 day ban for "spreading misinformation" - funny in retrospec now that GW agreed with me, but shit like that drove me away from the place.

Because apparently, you need to be a massive asshole to be regarded a true Tau player. Fuck. This. Shit.
>>
>>48294965

I've long given up on the Tau playing community and basically just browse/comment on modeling/painting projects. The army is good enough that you don't need some WAAC flexing crap to win anymore, and most decent lists write themselves.
>>
>>48293728
>Space Marines
>As bad as Tau
Yeah, that is pretty hillarious.

Marines are definitely better than Tau. They outshoot them, has a psychic phase that shits on anything short of chaos demons, can work in melee, a feat almost no other army can claim, and are both durable, cheap and mobile.
>>
File: honey.webm (991 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
honey.webm
991 KB, 640x640
Tau battlesuits get a rule where poison weapons have to use their strength value while wounding them but unsaved Haywire wounds cause D3 wounds instead of one.
>>
File: 2u.jpg (241 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
2u.jpg
241 KB, 986x553
>>
>>48295202
>I want to make Dark Eldar even more irrelevant:The Post
fuck right off you commie shit
>>
>>48295202
Tau Riptides should be AV12/10/9 Jump Walker
and Stormsurges should be AV13/11/10 Superheavy walker LoW
>>
>>48295015
It is just lame. Came from Warhammer Fantasy Lizardmen, and everyone on the fansite were chill and fun, and had a rather relaxed approach to it all.

Tau seems to be all WAAC, and even attempting to ask for advice for a themed list will result in several replies of "WHY NO RIPTIDE/STORMSURGE?"

Hell, even /tg/, for all their Tau hate, are better at giving reasonable advice to fluffy themed lists.
>>
>>48295202
Most haywire guns aren't strong enough to reliably put unsaved wounds on battlesuits, so basically that's a buff. Fuck off and try again taufag.
>>
>>48291878
Is that not what a Tau player does on a daily basis?
>>
>>48295241
>those stats
Is that you, Crud? I see you havent gotten any better at making rules.
>>
>>48295241

>AV12/10/9

That's a nice joke.

> 13/11/10

That's an even better joke.
>>
>>48294801
Nah, you guys don't get it at all haha
I want to make it more fun for us both because I already won all but one of our games together, not to lose my friend because "lol tau gunline iz bad, cleanz it wif fire" :)
>>
>>48294849
Just teh bike ;)
>>
>>48295268
>>48295303
>tau walkers should be more mobile, cheaper, and more durable then knights
>>
Is there any faction that better represents Heinlein Style mobile infantry than tau?
>>
>>48295344
Book wise, Marines in Terminator Armor are probably closest.
>>
>>48295313
>haha
>:)
>gets suggestions, ignores them completely
what the fuck are you doing here
>>
give a good winnable tau roster that doesn't rely on fucktarded huge models, I like tau but not Titan level bullshit
>>
>>48295355
Not much in the way of jet pack though.

>>48295368
Anything you can think up really, as long as you don't purposefully choose obviously bad shit.
>>
>>48295331

Anything with AV 9 on any facing is pathetic.
>>
>>48295303
What AVs would you give them then?
Consider that (armor saves aside) T6 is equivalent to AV10
>>
>>48294815
Bringing a helturkey and 7 bikes mark of slaanesh with feel no pain plus 1 lord on bike and 1 sorceror for invisibility
.>>48294821
A minimum squad of noise marines is all i have
>>48294834
2 squads of plague marines with rhinos with 2 plasma guns per squad plus i have a wall with quad gun for his skimmers and fliers..
>>
>>48295437
>>48295397
>>48295331
>>48295303
(not any of these anons, but)
Stormsurges could be 13/12/10 (or 12 rear if we insist)
Riptides, honestly, could stay monstrous creatures. They straddle the line enough that I don't think people would be too upset if they stayed MCs. Drop the save to 3+ though. 2+ is too much.

Then make the supremacy 13/13/12, and about 700-750 points
>>
Reminder:
>Stormsurge only dies to tankshock if the Tank is within 12" since tankshock is move and tanks cant move more than 12". There are few exceptions to this but they are just as predictable (For instance, Zhadsnark tank shocks 24" and Hades Breaching Drill tank shocks when it hits a unit from Deep strike)
>>
Monstrous creatures should get a critical hit rule where, if you roll and extra 5 or 6 on a to wound roll of 6, deal an extra wound.
>>
>>48295717
You mean MCs could score crits or people could score crits AGAINST MCs?
>>
>>48295751
crits against MCs.
>>
What do you think of these gretchin models?
Guys selling 10 for 5 bucks a piece, so 10 for 20
>>
File: Guardsman 2.png (68 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
Guardsman 2.png
68 KB, 210x330
So does the imperium have a film industry? Are all movies produced proaganda films about muscular guardsmen punching 3ft orcs, and and making Tau apologize for being damn dirty Xenos before shooting them in the face, or do they have a legit industry.
>>
>>48295776
Pretty goofy. I've seen a lot of ork players use fantasy orks for 40k
>>
>>48295776
>10 for 5 bucks a piece, so 10 for 20
>10 models at five bucks a peice is 50$
>>
>>48295811
I don't believe there is a film industry. More so just pure raw footage transmitted to dataslates. There is however a ministry for propaganda. They made the Infantry's uplifting primer.
>>
>>48295776
$2 per grot is way too expensive.
>>
>>48295811
Depends on the world. Some worlds are basically our Earth in terms of culture, others are irradiated hellholes. Cain for example makes references to holovids of himself being used as propaganda.
>>
>>48295811
>So does the imperium have a film industry?
Every planet is going to have Imperial influence but is still going to have its own culture.
So any/every planet can have a film industry and some planets can consider film heresy or something, like that one farm world which considered the wheel some kind of blasphemy so everything ran by anit-grav.
>>
>>48295708

Athersail chain snare raiders can tank shock 24 inches, jump over terrain, cost 65 ppm and you're going to be bringing them anyway so you might as well
>>
>>48295776
they were in the 2nd edition starter set. loads of them so they are dirtcheap. An all with the same pose look stupid.
Keep in mind you net runtherders for them, and compare with the price for plasticgrots
>>
2000 Khorne Daemonkin

Chaos Lord (165) - bike, ichor blood, Axe of Ruin, Melta bombs

14 Cultist +Champion (106) (2x)
>6 Autoguns
>8 melee

Defiler (215)
>extra armour
>Havoc Launcher

Soul Grinder (160)
>Warpsword

An'ggrath the Unbound (888)

Gorpack (359):

2 Chaos Biker +Champion (81)
>Champion - Meltabomb
2 Chaos Biker +Champion (86)
>Champion - Meltabomb
>Flamer
6 Flesthounds (96) (2x)

Soul Grinder for AT, Defiler for pie-plate/dakka, An'ggrath can attack aircraft

I'm considering replacing the Defiler with another Soul Grinder. thoughts?
I'd still hate to deal with Necrons with Citadel
>>
File: Baal Predator.jpg (37 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Baal Predator.jpg
37 KB, 600x620
Blood angels seriously need a different military structure or more unique units to further separate themselves from the other codex compliant chapters

at least a unique flyer for the chapter that produces the best pilots among the astartes because as is every other first founding chapter has a more varied flyer range than the guys in red

terminators with jetpacks would be pretty metal too

and some anti-air...
>>
>>48296173
isnt the defiler slready demon-possesed making xtra armor rather useless?
furthermore its main gun is ordinance so a havoc launcher cannot shot together with it, off it goes.
>>
>>48296292
Jump pack tacticals
Jump pack scouts
Jump pack bikes
>>
>>48296173
downgrade the defiler into a soulgrinder or drop the extra armor/havoc. the defiler is possessed so on a 2+ it can ignore that result and you have the battle cannon you'll be firing so double havoc is frowned upon

>>48296292
a decent update would be nice but they got pushed into worst loyalists so dark angels could be a step up
>>
>>48296292
What are your thoughts on changing up BAs structure?

Something based upon the xyphon interceptor would be a really cool flyer for the BA. Could take out both anti-air and the unique flyer issues with one stone.
>>
>>48296397
>downgrade
>defiler
>to a soulgrinder
You mean upgrade AND save points.
>>
>>48296349
>>48296427
>>48296397
ah right, about the xtra armor but I'm still partial to the Havoc so if a tank tries to get closer I have more than 1 shot, but I may just replace with Soul Grinder w/ Bombarment

New Heavy Support

Soulgrinder (180)
>Sword
>Torrent
Soulgrinder (190)
>Bombarment
>Sword

maybe I take Sword out for the (190) and use the 25 pts to add another biker, fleshhound, or more guns for cultist
>>
File: 800px-Defiled.jpg (65 KB, 800x545) Image search: [Google]
800px-Defiled.jpg
65 KB, 800x545
>>48296427
a downgrade in looks, there's something about the crab tank with a cannon that captures the attention of my inner 12 year old
>>
>>48294643
Butthurt Taufaggot detected.
>>
>>48296569
Oh no contest there, soulgrinder model is a lazy half asssed hackjob just plugging a demon prince onto a defiler.
>>
>>48296580
No, just tired of people wanting to do shit but not bothering to research it themselves, gave the same answer to the guy who wanted to "fix" Nids but neither played nor wanted to find out their issues himself either.
>>
>>48296584
and here i was thinking i was the only one feeling that way. it wouldn't be so bad if they changed up the legs or at least changed it so it wasn't just defiler+
>>
>>48296397
>Worst loyalists
>Not Grey Knights
At least BA have some sick dreads. GK Dreads are literally useless compared to baby carriers unless you want some Lascannons.
>>
>>48296638
Well it helps that i also hate the default demon prince.
Now the plague hulk is far better work, as is the nurgle prince.
>>
>>48296584
I like to imagine in addition with it's regular lore, the Soul Grinder is just what happens with the seals on the Defiler are messed up/broken that releases the deamon.
>>
File: Araghast.jpg (9 KB, 176x197) Image search: [Google]
Araghast.jpg
9 KB, 176x197
Hear me Blood Ravens
My name is Araghast the pillager, master of hounds, the lash of the black legion, and you and all your kind are cowards. All of you are lowly, cowardly lickspittles who spend every second of their day emulating that pile of bones you call emperor. You are everything as dead and useless as him! Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any favour with the ruinous powers? I mean, I guess it's fun hanging in orbit with your precious craft.

Don't be a coward. Just face me if you dare. I'm pretty much destroying your worlds Blood ravens, yet you do nothing. I also get straight marks of the gods, and have a banging traitorous servant (he just opened another portal for me, shit was SO warp).
>>
>>48296695
>It's a feature not a bug
>>
>>48296058
Well wohoo, Dark Eldar finally got SOMETHING going on for them!

So you are retarded Tau-player if you still anchor your Stormsurge if there are such a vehicle within 24" of it.
>>
File: Changeling_5th_ed.jpg (88 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Changeling_5th_ed.jpg
88 KB, 873x627
>>48296657
don't you see anon? it's an elaborate prank. by the way tuesday next week will be your lucky day if you find the pink rabbit doing the safety dance by 7:59 pm
>>
>>48297139
>7:59
>It's 7:37
Well...fuck...
>>
>>48292627

>/tg/ hates whatever factions are OP

/tg/ doesn't hate Space Marines. Just Tau and Eldar. Probably, because they all play marines.
>>
Does anyone else think Dark Angels and Grey Knights will be doomed with a shit tier HQ with a basic troop choice and Dreadnaught for their start collecting?

I have been out of the loop for a few months and saw the Blood Angel Start Collecting as well as the Chaos Space Marine and all I felt was sympathy?

What 3 units would have made better start collectings for the BA and CSM?
What do you home is included in the DA and GK Start Collecting boxes?
What kind of formation would go with it?
>>
I just visited my local GW store for the first time. Seems pretty promising, as apparently they have a lot of players of varying factions. Even met a Krieg player while I was there. No eldar players, oddly enough. But the owner did warn me of the dreaded Taupcalypse...
>>
>>48293769

Buy a fucking table. I lived in Britain for most of my life and never played in stores.
>>
>>48297213
Okay and...

Are you starting to play or something?

Even if your GW seems alright I would perhaps look for alternative while your spirits are high.
>>
>>48293728

Marines consistently place higher than Tau in tournaments.
>>
>>48297211
Personally hoping for Plastic Librarian/Updated Plastic Brother Captain, Terminator Squad, and a Dreadknight for GK's. I would probably buy a box.

What we'll probably get.
Plastic Librarian, 10 man Power Armor squad, and Dreadnought, or Predator/Rhino.
>>
>>48296058
Wrong. Aethersail allows you to move 24" while going flat out.

You cant tank shock during Flat Out move.
>>
>>48294040
Got a place called Armada Games nearby. Does good work, and has just enough tables that the Tabletop Wargamers don't have to compete for space with the MTG players.
>>
>>48297251
It's usually newer kits in the box, I'm hoping for an interrogator, DW termies and a dreadnought.
>>
>>48296292

No, we need to be in the vanilla codex to have a viable and regularly updated army.
>>
File: the fate of blood angels.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
the fate of blood angels.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>>48297303
>>
>>48297211
>What 3 units would have made better start collectings for the BA and CSM?
BA: Jumppack Chap, Assault Marines, Vanguard Vet Squad

CSM: Chaos Lord, Bikers, 2x Cultists
>What do you hope* is included in the DA and GK Start Collecting boxes?
DA: Termi Chap, DW Termi/ Com Squad/ DW Knights, RW Landsppeder/bike squad

GK:Termi Lib, GK Termis, Dreadknight

>What kind of formation would go with it?
DA: If the Deathwing are brought in by the Ravenwing of this formation they can ASSAULT FROM DEEPSTRIKE
>>
>>48297385
I know GW hates my GK sooo much they'd just throw the Nemesis Strike force in the Start Collecting box instead of taking 20 seconds to make up a new formation since you could actually make a Start Collecting formation out of it.
>>
How's this for 1000 point Space Wolves?

**1000 point CAD**

HQ
>Wolf Lord-125 points with runic armor
>Rune Priest- 85 points with Runic armor

Troops
>Blood Claws x15- 200 pts with 2x Melta Guns
>Grey Hunters x10- 160 pts with 2x Melta Guns
>Grey Hunters x10- 160 pts with 2x Melta Guns

Fast Attack
>Thunderwolf Cavalry x3- 165 pts with 3x Storm shields

Comments and criticism very welcome. I'm very unsure of this list.
>>
>>48297463

Giving Blood Claws melta is a bit iffy due to their BS3. If you want to boost their assault, give them a flamer.
>>
>>48297505
So you're thinking like 2x Flamers instead? That would leave me points for a WGPL too

Thanks anon
>>
>>48297463
Are you not putting your troops in transports?!
Surely those cost of the bloodclaws would be worth their weight in Rhinos and Pods.

What of your wolflord and rune priest!?
Will they walk around with lowly troop or mount Thunderwolves to arrive swiftly at their foe?'

Speaking of Thunderwolves do you give the a defense but no weapon?
Thunderhammers or any sort of power weapon would be put to good use.
>>
>>48291720
What do you mean why can't they?
Like literally?
Or what the fuck is wrong with GW?

I'm hoping the next Tyranids codex lets them take devourers,
but I don't expect a nex dex till after 8th edition drops.
then Nids will be good for like 2 months until the next codex
YAY!
>>
>>48297626
What do you hope from a new Tyranid codex?
If they get a decurion type build what would a Nid's version of Reclamation Legion/Demi Company look like?
What about Auxiliaries?
>>
>>48296556
you realize taking the warpsword is paying 25pts to drop from str 10 ap2 with your iron claw to str 6 ap3 with MC. Drop those and the havoc and you've about got yourself another squad of fearless fleshhounds
>>
File: 1465440277426.gif (4 MB, 454x255) Image search: [Google]
1465440277426.gif
4 MB, 454x255
>>48291720
>>48291759

I have my gargoyles still unfinished,
waiting for devourers to be available

knowing GW they will still be atleast 4pts a model though...Fucking GW
>>
>>48297585
Footslogging because my brother and I play the 24" long board with 12" deployment on each side. 48" wide.

Thunderwolves have rending, so I'm hoping that works out.
>>
File: slann pepe.png (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
slann pepe.png
127 KB, 600x600
>>48297673
>mfw normies think that Lord Kek is an ''''''''''Egyptian'''''''''' God
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.