[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 1468454871996.jpg (140 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1468454871996.jpg
140 KB, 540x720
>resources
pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

Order Dominant edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2
mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>Cheer for your faction!
https://seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
>>48272113
>>
File: lizardmen in azyr.jpg (117 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
lizardmen in azyr.jpg
117 KB, 1024x512
I don't even play, but the smugness of order can be seen from here
>>
>>48280002
I'm actually kinda surprised Death managed to come back so strong in the battle for the Living City. For a time it looked like they were BTFO, but now they're fairly strong.
>>
I can't belive that 40k is a worse game.
>>
File: vampire_knight_by_malta-d4aevdr.jpg (149 KB, 1019x785) Image search: [Google]
vampire_knight_by_malta-d4aevdr.jpg
149 KB, 1019x785
>>48279965
>yfw Death takes over the realm of life
>yfw Araellie has to go crawling back to her Husbando in Azyr
>yfw Death gets the newest book and gets its deserved posistion of Protag faction
>Mfw Nagash responds to one of my millions of letters I sent him, telling me how awesome I did, and that i've been promoted to Mortarch.
>>
any guesses on point cost for the silver tower heroes?

I'm guessing the Knight Questor is going to be budget as fuck, 80 points.

Excelsior war priest probably 100, comes with that gryph hound for free though so maybe a bit more.
>>
I know everyone wants just to play their favourite armies and stuff but...
really
You guys do you REALLY want the stormcasts to win?
i play chaos, but id love to see a city or two conquered by either death or destruction.
>>
>>48280067
40k is suffering the consequences of changing routes too many times and inconsistently updating stuff.

AoS is already seeing this with the sylvaneth book, but you can hope the new management is quick to fix the errors before they become too numerous and too different all over the years
>>
>>48280067
As a long time 40k player, I have begun to painfully come to this conclusion as well. Although rumors are looking at 8th edition next year, and the staff are trying to address the common concern that 40k has become way too overbloated and too complex for its own good.

So rumors are pointing to a streamlining of the rules, maybe not to an AoS level, but a slimming down.

I really have no desire to play 40k lately until I start to see how 8th will turn out.
>>
>>48280141
I don't want sigmarines to win

I simply want chaos to lose
>>
File: birdman.gif (823 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
birdman.gif
823 KB, 320x240
>>48280067
I love that AOS is a better game
>>
>>48280141
ANYONE can have the Realm of Life so long as it isn't the god of fucking Death. Also, you think Order winning means the Stormcasts win. Since we're playing in the Realm of Life, if anything it'll be Alarielle using her powerful legs to punt the other fucks out of her realm.
I'll use my Nurgle army until I have a sizable chunk of Sylvaneth ready and then I'll help level the playing field.

>>48280096
pretty sure the Silver Tower stuff ain't gettin points. At least not until the Tzeentch release later this year.
>>
>>48280141
I play Chaos... well, Skaven, and I think Order should win. Right now everything is overrn by Chaos anyways, so getting some actually build up Order cities makes the fluff that much more interesting.
>>
File: LVOarmylist.jpg (549 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
LVOarmylist.jpg
549 KB, 2550x3300
Ok so I revised my list for the LVO. The more I looked at the hammerstrike force, the more I liked it. Unfortunately it meant that I had to drop a unit of irondrakes and my runelord. But I think this will be a stronger list overall. Rets and most SCE suffer from mobility, and this battalion will hopefully fix that.

The only thing I really don' like about this list is it feels paintfully obvious I am lacking a priest and some antimagic. I am having a hard time deciding what I could drop to get a runelord.
>>
>>48280201

They have warscrolls and it's not like they're OP. They're even in the App
>>
>>48280168
Honestly for 40k I want less special rules and weapon abilities. Each unit has 4 differant abilities and each weapon ahas five differant qualities tone that shit down nigga
>>
>>48280168
>waiting desperately for the 8th Edition to fix past mistakes
a-anon, I...
>>
>>48280168

30k showed how fun the base 40k game can be when you throw away everything and start over.
>>
>>48280096
Gryph-hounds are 40 and the Excelsior is one of the top heroes of the set, so I'd say anything below 140 would be a surprise.
Knight-Questor, Darkoath Chieftain and Doomseeker will be 80 or 100, either would be fine.
Tenebral Shard for anything below 180 would be nuts.
Mistweaver Sayh I have no idea. Her spell is crap, that much is for certain.
The Gaunt Summoner has one of the best damage spells in the game, but lacks flight, so I assume he'll cost the same as his sibling.
The Ogroid Thaumaturge is pretty beastly and versatile, so maybe around 200?
>>
>>48280213
Well, none of the Heroes are OP, but if you claim the Ogroid and the Summoner('s unique spell) aren't a bit too powerful, then we need to have a little discussion.
>>
>>48280175
Then win with seraphon
>>
>>48280235
I just want to play my necrons with them
>>
>>48280260

Well they've shown they're pretty willing to price powerful units appropriately.

Archaons great but he's 700, the unassuming vexillor costs as much as a Celestant and a Castellant put together

God only knows why Alarielle is only 620 but whatever
>>
>>48280286
You know, I have technically no problem with Order winning, I just have a problem with Seras, Stormcasts and Fyreslayers winning, which unfortunately currently comprises like 80% of all Order armies.
>>
>>48280210
'Lightning hammer to the face' tends to be fairly potent antimagic.
More seriously, do you really need 10 Retributors? I mean, drop one squad of those and replace the batallion&Prosecutors with a Knight-Vexillor, same mobility and you have 240 points to pick up more dorfy stuff with.
>>
>>48280168
I personally like it when the core rules are slim and the army rules are complex.
>>
>>48280327
Well, I think Alarielle's cost is mainly because of her Command. I mean, compare her Command to Archaon's, Gordrakk's and even Nagash's and weep. Heck, if I played her, I'd probably still make an Ancient my General because his Command is at least not one-use only.
Yes, she is a fucking freight train, with cap Movement and ridiculous melee damage, but her buff potential is lacking to say the least (and the healing pulse doesn't affect Dryads and Revenants).
>>
File: maggie1.jpg (41 KB, 380x405) Image search: [Google]
maggie1.jpg
41 KB, 380x405
>>48280344
>not liking seraphon
>>
>>48280327
Yeah, Alarielle and Drycha are costed way below what they can do. Bafflingly so. In fact, I would argue that Alarielle would be more appropriately costed at 900, same as fucking Nagash.
>>
>>48280351

>pay 100 points to make my great unit and my whatever scout unit do useful stuff

>or pay 200 points for a guy who will teleport one unit and then not do anything the rest of the game

Vexillors good but you need to layer him with more deep strikes
>>
>>48280351
That's an interesting thought. I'll fiddle with that.
>>
When are the based bros Tyrion and Teclis going to return?
I need some Aelves and tree sluts don't count!
>>
>>48280410
Well they are both literally gods, so they should cost a fuck ton
>>
>>48280351

10 retributors might as well be named "8 mortal wounds before we actually roll any attack dice: the unit"

They're fantastic

In fact I can't really think of any other Stormcast unit that deserves to have 10 guys on the field more than retributors.
>>
>>48280397
>not liking people buying Skinks then getting pissy when you don't let them play those as Chameleon Skinks
>not liking the smug look when they tell you about their 1+ rerollable saves
>not liking them throwing a tantrum and storming off when you show them you have a way to deal with above-mentioned 1+ rerollable saves
>not liking it when your fucking Heroes are slowly being fucked by their bullshit comets
>not liking it when they bitch about how underpowered all their shit is
Not seeing any problem with this, sempai
>>
File: 1379615936695.jpg (161 KB, 987x818) Image search: [Google]
1379615936695.jpg
161 KB, 987x818
>>48280168

The problem with 40k isn't the rules, its its player base. You can search far and wide for a game that has more "un-written moral rules" and so many "do´s and don'ts'" and still end up with nothing.
The game itself present a good fiction in GW style, cool models and the potential for great community. The game itself is good, if players could actually just play the fucking game as it is written in the rules. But they cant, the latest draft of TAU FAQ is just what I'm talking about. Here you have staff members actually having to answer questions about rules that are, on black and white, already described in the rule book, because some butt hurt hurdurr of a neckbeard cant adjust to the RAW.
And how do the community great this "revelation"? They whine on and on on how bad GW is for ruling against their special snowflake (I am, for you who are interested, of course speaking of the Stormsurge anchor mechanics and what happens when you Tankshock it).

This is just one example of what I'm talking about, most of 40k is built on this. Moral rules that hinders players from playing what they want, lest they be branded WAAC players. Un-official "should do´s" such as giving your opponent the opportunity to cheat with distances and re-do former moves and attacks if you want to be a "good sports". Not to mention, you cant refer to the actual rule book to many times, or you will be that guy, a rule-lawyer, that no one will play.

So, to conclude, 40k is a good game even though GW is notorious for writing bad rules, based more on fluff and models and less about actual balance. But I say the players are what brings the game down.
>>
>>48280410
Drycha even moreso than Alarielle imo. But ye, seeing her just a few points more than fucking Thanquol is kinda bonkers.
>>
>>48280478
sounds like you hate seraphon players, and that's fair

you'll find shitty people playing every faction
>>
>>48280488

As underwhelming as Celestant prime seems at first, I do think he's actually appropriately priced. He's just not a no brainer
>>
File: skPriestPontifex.png (5 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
skPriestPontifex.png
5 MB, 1536x2000
>Implying Chaos Allegiance
I spit on the Three-eyed King and all lesser clans!

BURN THE BLADE-UNSEEN
TORCH THE FLESH-SHAPER
SLAUGHTER THE SEERS
DEFILE THE VERMINUS
GAS THE TECH-HERETIC

First true aspect
Second withering
THIRD CIVIL WAR NOW
>>
>>48280516
celestant prime is a beast. he waits 2 turns, enters the game and RAPES HARD everything that moves.
For 360 points, he's fair.
you just have to use him wisely because he will do no more than 2 rounds of combat.
>>
>>48280479
>Moral rules that hinders players from playing what they want, lest they be branded WAAC players.

This isn't unique to 40k.

>Un-official "should do´s" such as giving your opponent the opportunity to cheat with distances and re-do former moves and attacks if you want to be a "good sports"

Playing for fun? Sure. Playing in tournaments? Sorry, no re-dos and no fumbling with distances. Also, not unique to 40k.
>>
>>48280479
All very true, but then there's also the recent flyer expansion and fuck that convoluted mess.
>>
I really hope Archaon dies.
Other Lords of Chaos need time to shine.
>>
>>48280541
We will exit the Chaos Union! Skaxit now!
>>
>>48280566
Not going to happen. He's got a big nasty shiny model kit. They wouldn't kill him off. Make him lose a battle? Sure.
>>
>>48280478

>Buying model A
>Play it as model B

This is a problem is in part two folded. GW has always been for conversions, and so I think that a good represented model, such as a converted plastic skink with appropriate weapons and paintjob should be good enough to play as a Chameleon Skink.
The problem arise when you play Mr.Grey, who only fiends unpainted blobs of grey armies, and tries to pull of the same skid. Ok, sure, if he has gone through the trouble of actually converting them, I might let it slip.
But its a fine line on where "counts as" and a good conversion goes.
>>
>>48280542

Oh he's great, but I think people were expecting a hardass Order equivalent of Archaon (kinda like Karl Franz Ascendent in End Times) but instead they got a fairly unique end game piece
>>
File: image.png (416 KB, 399x484) Image search: [Google]
image.png
416 KB, 399x484
>>48280541
Rot-wither the tree-things with realms for the Great Corruptor!!!
>>
>>48280563
This so hard. Played AoS right next to the 40k table a couple days ago. Got through 2 games before they'd even started the first turn, bla bla flyers, warlord traits, explaining what each of their half dozen bullshit formations do, rolling for terrain, rolling for missions... We finished our fourth game when their flyers arrived. 2500 points per side is big yes, but not 3 hours before the first model is moved big.
>>
>>48280618
Verminlord corruptor safe shit. Play a real army ratfag.
>>
File: Skavenblight scramblers.jpg (399 KB, 2368x2266) Image search: [Google]
Skavenblight scramblers.jpg
399 KB, 2368x2266
>>48280574
We will wait until the season ends, if Chaos still stands strong, we will decide. If they fall we leave quickly, all clans report to HQ

Then the Battle for Blight-City can begin
>>
>>48280574
YES-YES. CHAOS-THINGS WEAK. FOR THE GREAT HORNED ONE!!!
>>
>>48280542
And that's the reason most people tend to play him as a mobile cannon. In a game that is effectively over by turn 4 it's generally not that great an idea to hold back a substantial investment for half the game to possibly fuck over one enemy unit after probably using the orrery to guarantee the charge. And he can still miss with those attacks. And he's still tremendously fragile.
Meanwhile, using the comet from turn 1 with maximum blast is a significant amount of guaranteed damage spread across multiple units. Reliability like that is great to have.
>>
>>48280594
This. I'm all for conversion, but don't just buy something cheaper and count it as something super-strong.
>>
File: 55132415.jpg (484 KB, 780x1144) Image search: [Google]
55132415.jpg
484 KB, 780x1144
>>48280618
I'd rather burn-burn those!

Or drop a moon on them, works too.

If that is cool-chill with you, V.C.
>>
>>48280634
t. Lizard-cuck

Stay mad Star-drake. This is now a Skaven thread
>>
>>48280648
Filthy Clan Pestilens is full of remain-stay voter! Want to fraternize with their Nurgle-things, need free travel within the Chaos Union.
>>
>>48280614
>ardass Order equivalent of Archaon
isn't that the stardrake?
>>48280633
big problem of 40k ARE the rules.
they are complex not in agood way-almost everything takes forever without adding strategy, or even fun.
the new codices are trying to make every army less uniques(tyranids have equipments like everyone else, necrons gets a second save instead of a badass resurrection)but that is not helping the game. Its just making it more bland.
40k needs a REAL new edition with real changes, and not just some tweaks here and there.
the core rules need to be slimmer; they need to be easier to remember and they need to be more fun. Im okay with ever army having special shit and unique gears. thats not the problem with 40k-its its fucking appeal.
Make ranged weapon have rend again instead of that shitty PV, make close combat reliable again, make not-superheavy vehicles decent again and the game can be fun again.
>>
>>48280682

I kinda wish he had an extra rule which permanently gave him an extra attack for each model he kills, but that being said I wouldn't want to commit my Prime to melee until turn 3 anyway and keeping him back let's me make up for his fragility while giving him the alpha strike he needs to be effective.

Again, he's not a big Archaon monster but can be a quite good "delete one unit" coupon, which in the end game can make a ton of difference when everyone else is already wounded hopefully.

That being said though, if you do see the need for artillery in a game more than a big steroided deep strike unit, you always have the option to bring him in. The flexibility is pretty nice

Also hit him with a Celestant on foots buff if you can, making him hit on a 2+ really does bump his effectiveness.
>>
>>48280727

>isn't that the star drake

Not really. The star drake just annihilates hordes and being extremely hard to kill. it's actually pretty fucking bad at dueling enemy heroes.

>>48280682

Well that's the nice thing though, in 2000 points he really isn't that big of an investment. Keeping back Archaon, Nagash or Alarielle is stupid. But keeping back your 360 point Prime isn't that bad, considering he's probably going to be following up your 440 point teleported retributors who came in the turn prior.
>>
>>48280727
Curiously, the stardrake is also more of a shooty hero with some horde-mulching melee tacked on.
In actual combat it's just a celestant riding a vampire that will be outperformed by a freeguild general for half the price.
I loathe Archaon as much as the next guy, but that fluff bit of him dismantling three stardrakes at once is not *that* far of.
>>
>>48280818

>dismantling three star drakes at once

I love that Sigmarines exist to job for Chaos now.
>>
File: 1460354892569.jpg (95 KB, 809x528) Image search: [Google]
1460354892569.jpg
95 KB, 809x528
>>48280552

>This isn´t unique to 40k

Not unique, but sure enough to make it all but printed in the actual rules in just about every game. Lets face it, 40k players are notorious for their whiny attitude and shitty attitude.

Take a game like Warmahordes for instance where you actually try to build good list´s to face of each other. You have a logic that says "We both have the same restrictions, and we can both build the exact same lists, should we want to". In 40k, this isn't ok, if your list beats mine on paper, your a WAAC player and your army is OP, its as simple as that. Its like the fluff of your special snowflake is almost sacred to each and every neckbeard, and damn that bastard that tries to play you with a straight out better list.

>Playing for fun

Not necessarily fun, but just a regular game down at the local. Hell, anything bar "Tournament" to be exact. Because, Tournament is the only place players actually play 40k as it should be played, like a game.
And as earlier mentioned, not unique about moral rules, but 40k is in its own weight class when it comes to it.

What I'm getting at here is, sure your right, its not unique to 40k but it has a majority of players who follow these rules. This goes back a long time, hell , even when I started with GW about 17 years back, the talk about "sportsmanship" and what was "ok" and "not ok" was regularly talked about in the White Dwarf.
Problem is, this thinking process is still here, but GW has given the players the means to do some really cool combinations and lists that they probably never even thought about. And I'm not saying "go out and destroy your friends list", I'm saying don't judge, and try to adapt. If you all find yourself on a good power level, you all feel comfortable with, go with it, but don't whine like little bitches (as so many 40k players do....) when some one brings a better composed list.
>>
>>48280396
Kind of a shame, it's not like Sylvaneth needed another smashy lord option. She would've worked a lot better with benefits to summoning and buffs over what they gave us, but I guess this way we get a goddamn awesome beetle mount for her.
>>
>>48280834
To be entirely fair, everybody jobs to Archaon's bullshit, be they Stormcast, Fyreslayers or Nagash.
>>
>>48280466
They're also fucking awesome models. Retributors are the best thing about the Stormcast so far, and the Drakoth Celestant.
>>
>>48280840

In warmahordes if you brought a list that just hard counters mine and it's a casual game, I'll probably ask to either switch lists or if see if you could (if I can't)

That's not really viable in 40k as nobody comes to the store with two seperate 2,000 point lists.

Also you're a dick if you run a multiple knight list without letting your opponent retool for anti armor.
>>
>>48280351
>>48280414
>>48280466
So I built a mock list with the knight-vexillor, and Im not sure Im sold on him. The guy is 200 points and I would be bringing him solely so I can teleport 1 unit of retributors. The alternative is the formation which is a bit cheaper, and I would be teleporting 2 units of retributors.

Taking the knight-vexillor would mean i would need to drop one unit of rets, and while that would get me my runelord, I don't know if hes worth it.

Besides taking a battalion is another artifact of order I can take.
>>
So, I have lots of unfinished Lizardmen models.

What should I build them?

Saurus Warriors with Spears/Hand Weapons
Skinks with Blowpipes+Shields/Jav+Shields

Or what? For some reason my Handbook won't be here until like 23rd.

So which is the cheaper option? Hand Weapons seem to be the better damage one, but shorter range.
>>
>>48280959

Yeah this is what I was saying

The vexillor is great when it's combined with other deep strike mechanics

Celestant Prime + Hammerstrike + Vexillor delivered Protectors?

Fucking nasty. You can completely pick apart the enemy and have them completely surrounded by Paladins and a comet vomitting asshole.

And yeah give Celestant prime an artifact. Damage 4 or Rend -4 Ghal Maraz, why the fuck not.
>>
>>48279965
Honestly, I dont understand why Nagash and Death is being hated so much. They honestly are all cool dudes! Especially Nagash himself! Why not join death? I mean, consider the following:
>Have a immortal god who cares for you, for Nagash is All
>Skeletons and Zombies do all the hard work, and every enemy that dies is ally to you
>Have a chance to turn into a kick ass Ghost when you die
>Guranteed afterlife, only god that can claim that
>You never have to worry about fighting; Undead do that for you
>You have the chance of becoming a Kick ass Vampire or Wight king
>You get all kinds of kickass powers, and the ability to shape shift, along with immortality
>All you have to do is give a little blood.
>Has sweet ass rides, like Black Coaches or Necrosphinxez
>Into cannibalism or a Brettonian LARPer? No problem, just join up with a flesh eater court, and pretend your a knight
>Has the best love stories, ala Arkhan and Nefereta, Isabella and Vlad
>Nagash can take on Archaeon in a fist fight, not afraid to get his hands dirty like Sigmar
>Is actually around, and can do stuff, unlike Goldenboy Grimner
>Isnt tripping on a sap period like Araellie, nor will he make you blow treeman dick
>Isn't a Autistic Split-personality freak likr Gorkamorka
>Very forgiving, takes a lot to piss him off. Look at Mannfred, has to end the world TWICE for Nagash to kill him.
>Is the most sexy of gods, appreciates the finer things.
>Probably wont dump a city on your realm for no reason.

And finally, if you don't serve him now, you'll serve him when you die! Better now than later, am I right or am I right?
>>
>>48280998
Im pretty sure you cant give the celestant-prime an artifact because he's a special character. But im not taking one anyway in my LVO list.
>>
>>48281022

The only special rule for unique characters is that you can only take one. Give them all the gear you'd like unless there's something specific in the Generals Handbook saying otherwise.

But regardless, a second artifact is pretty sweet no matter who it's on. Stormcast in particular need more sources of -2 rend
>>
>>48280998
>Damage 4 or Rend -4 Ghal Maraz

LAUGHING MOURNGUL.jpg

Also, Celestant Prime cannot be given an artefact.
>>
>>48280885
Why does it all have to be about Archeaon? He's boring even armless abaddon is more interesting in his goofy way, and now the chaos gods are scared of him? What the fuck?
>>
>>48281057

I'm not saying I like AoS Archaon but he's definitely better than Ezekyle "I have literally never done anything with my life" Abaddon
>>
File: namedcharacters.jpg (136 KB, 844x564) Image search: [Google]
namedcharacters.jpg
136 KB, 844x564
>>48281035
>unless there's something specific in the Generals Handbook saying otherwise.
It doesnt specifically list the celestant-prime, but he technically is a named character. We may need this FAQd, which apparently they plan on releasing one with the generals handbook.

Besides, I don't know why you would want to give the rend artifact to him, as -3 rend is already beastly and in most cases pretty overkill. If anything I would do the additional damage one.
>>
>>48281097

oh I see, must have missed that part. And yeah Celestant Prime has his own fucking tag of "Celestant Prime", he's a named character.

I'm going to run the numbers but I'm pretty sure damage 4 would work way better than -4 rend (which is actually relevant because 3+ save models still get a 6+ against -3 and we need all the probabilities working for us in math hammer)

That being said, the human griffin general with legendary fighter, the hammer and +1 damage will start getting similar really quick
>>
what are the best on-foot beatsticks people can work out of generic leaders?
>>
>>48281182

On foot guys tend to be kinda...lackluster in the offense department. The guys on big bases will start going ape shit with little encouragement.
>>
>>48281014
>And finally, if you don't serve him now, you'll serve him when you die!
Unless you are a stormcast eternal! Take that nagash!
>>
I wonder if Order having the most battletomes so far and thus access to the most battalions (Not to mention the Sylvaneth release being quite popular and having the first battletome with its own Battle and Command Traits, and artifacts and relics.) is why it's doing so well now at the start. Granted, Fyreslayers received something of a lukewarm reception.

Will be interesting to see if the release of the Bonesplittas battletome will give Destruction a boost.
>>
File: I'm_Reporting_This!.jpg (70 KB, 550x471) Image search: [Google]
I'm_Reporting_This!.jpg
70 KB, 550x471
>>48281228
THIEVES, YOU THIEVES! You liar, dirty golden stealers, you!

Sigmar is a dirty barbarian who almost cost Nagash his godhood, and now has the audacity to try and take what is rightfully Nagashes! You wouldn't steal a lightening bolt, would you?

I'm reporting this to the Mortarchs!
>>
>>48281280
>naga she supporter
>uses sjwven shitverse pic
Big surprise
>>
>>48281182
sunblood can get pretty beastly, but he's a great beatstick even vanilla

>7 wounds
>ignores rend under -3
>command ability lets him re-roll failed hits and wounds
>SEVEN attacks, five of which can explode on 6's to hit or wound
>>
>>48281310
>replying to RPfags
>replying to Carnac

these are things you don't do
>>
>>48281310
See, this is what im talking about! We need to take back what is ours from Sigmar! Those Souls don't grow on trees you know!
>>
>>48281182
Megaboss is ait, I suppose. For his cost.
>>
>>48281097

Yeah so a griffin general using his own buff with his hammer, legendary fighter and the +1 damage upgrade will shit out 4.44 unsaved wounds against a 3+ save enemy.

His own griffin with his own buff will put out 5.9 unsaved wounds.

This fucker almost out damages the Celestant prime on turn 3, Prime only wins because of his comet and only barely
>>
>>48281399
How does a Oldblood on Carnosaur using his own buff on his Spear workout?
>>
>>48280966
spears, the range lets you fight in two ranks and get all your attacks off
>>
>>48279965
So, question, would any of you care if someone used one model for another, albeit heavily converted? I bought the Mistweaver from the Silvertower, and I plan to run her as a Chaos Sorceress, after a little work. But would any of you guys care?
>>
File: image.png (211 KB, 400x262) Image search: [Google]
image.png
211 KB, 400x262
Let's be honest here, we all know which general is stronger. Fyreslayers master race.
>>
>>48281832
no one cared in the old game, they'll care even less in this one

just tell your opponent what your heroes are before deploying anything to avoid any confusion
>>
File: lizards.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
lizards.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
I'm trying to figure out exactly how to paint my space lizard's weapons. Obv. some of the figures are not done, but weapons will have a gold trim. I'm attempting to show captured kind of a celestial energy in their weapons.

Any votes for 1,2, or 3? Any suggestions for other options to fit this idea?
>>
So my friend and I are trying to teach our mutual friend how to play tabletop games, and we thought it'd be best to start with Age of Sigmar's system considering that it's designed to be as simple and accessable to new players as possible.

Considering that I have a small nurgle force I have been painting up iver the last few months, and she's interested in Slaanesh, I thought we would run a little mini campaign wherein Tzeentch, Slaanesh, and Nurgle daemons have a fight over some part of the realm of chaos, escalating our forces over time, eventually graduating to 40k's more complex system once she has a good grasp of how GW tabletop games generally work.

I was thinking we would start with similar armies, one box of basic daemon troops for our patron god, one herald for our god, and one beast/fiend/flamer. Is that going to be balanced enough that she won't get rolled, or will I have to give her access to chariots or slaanesh cavalry?

Also, are there any rules that someone could accidentally abuse with a list like that? I think we'll disallow summoning, at least for the first few games, just to be fair to her as she has basically no models.
>>
Looking to run a "weirdfist" mob can anyone give advice on it?

Also how do people use godrakk considering if you charge early he gets mobbed and he can cockblock the rest of your units with his big base, but if you keep him back he gets shot to shit.
>>
>>48280410
With the new summoning rules and the rules of one or whatever it's called Nagash is way overcosted.
>>
>>48281317
it gets even better when you stack some buffs

>bloodclaw starhost
>oldblood on carnosaur command ability gives sunblood +2 attacks
>reroll all hit rolls through command ability
>oldblood gives reroll wound1
>mystic shield from slann
>skink starpriest gives him Starlight and double damage bites on wound6
>skink priest to give him reroll charge + save

You can go further and make him your general to give him +1 Attack and give him an artefact (+1 Rend is really good)

I love all the buff stacking that Seraphon can do

>>48281501
You are generally better off using it on the carnosaur jaws
>>
File: slann pepe.png (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
slann pepe.png
127 KB, 600x600
>everybody is worshipping Lord Kek
>mfw
>>
>>48281915
The dots are a bit big. Try masking off the rest of the model and flick paint from the brush instead. Give it a blue wash, let it dry, and do it again for a bit of depth.

Alternatively, do the dots on the raised nubs along the swords (currently painted gold on the leftmost model) in white. Perhaps use them as the top layer of stars. Painting them gold makes the design a bit busy.

The white strands on the spearhead are very thick. Consider just using a straight white line along the ridges of the weapon and keep the rest starry.
>>
>>48282251
>yfw use the ability on Dread Saurian
>then get Starpriest to cast the double damage on 6 buff
>then the re-rolls and +1's and all that jazz

Would be insane.

Also, can a Skink Alpha on Stegadon use the ability on itself, it can, right? Since Stegadon has the Skink keyword.
>>
>>48282251
>reroll all hit rolls through command ability
>oldblood gives reroll wound1
his command ability lets him re-roll wounds too, m8

>>48282317
Yes, he can. It's even better if used on a bastiladon, though.

For funsies, try out an all skink army with a skink chief general. A solar engine hitting on 3's and re-rolling 1's is dirty.
>>
>>48282393
Good thing I have like 150 Skinks. Or some shit. I lost count. I have a stupidly large Lizardmen army I'm working through. Ebay is amazing. Though I only just started after health problems when I bought them.

Managed to put 20+ Saurus Knights together, though they suck so fucking much in AoS.

>Spear of Oldblood
>2"

>LANCE of Saurus Knights
>1"

It's disgusting. If it was 2" it'd be better. As it is, it's a "hope I hit for a 6". Though if I ever replay WHFB, I want to use them with Spears.

I also need to buy fuck loads of square bases, but dunno where to get them from, as I don't want round based Bastildons, Troglodons and new Carnosaurs, new Terradons or Ripperdactyls.
>>
>>48282276
All is right with the realms
>>
>>48282317
actually a lot of those abilities are specifically for SAURUS models and the dread saurian doesnt have that keyword

>>48282393
>his command ability lets him re-roll wounds too, m8
No it doesnt, only hit rolls

COMMAND ABILITY
Scent of Weakness: The Saurus Sunblood
raises its war-mace, points it at an enemy
and gives a predatory roar. If the Saurus
Sunblood uses this ability, pick an enemy
unit within 15" – until your next hero
phase, re-roll failed hit rolls for attacks
made in the combat phase against that unit
by any of yourSaurus models
>>
>>48282451
Check your local GW, some where letting players trade in squares for rounds and thus have extras. Got bunch for my rats
>>
Is Eternity Warden any good in Seraphon lists? Was thinking about trying a lesser used hero.
>>
>>48280727
Yeah, this sums up my sentiments on 40k. Now when I buy a new codex I feel like I'm getting ripped off with the rules because they are boring. The last fun codex I remember buying was the 5'th edition Dark Eldar codex because it had so much flavour and general improvements over the old codex. I'm also annoyed that they basically don't sell you the whole codex and that you need to buy one of those companion codexes with 10 pages of rules, just to have the option of playing a variation of your army. That shit used to be in the codexes.
>>
>>48282620
yes they are great for protecting a slann from artillery or deep strike attacks

also good at buffing saurus guard
>>
>>48281953
If you run the big man into a unit just try to make sure it's something he has a decent chance of killing on the charge. Maw Krushas tend to be good at doing that to almost anything, so the best approach I've found is to have him munch away and get well ahead of the rest of your force which mops up in his wake.
>>
>>48282717
So good as a hero in front or backline, good thats useful considering i love Saurus Guard. On the flip, is he a good "general" per se?
>>
>>48281926
>graduating to 40k
Don't do this, I'm not necessarily saying don't play 40k at all, but try both AoS and 40k and see which one she likes best.
>>
what's the war report for the first day?
>>
>>48281057
>lolarmless
>>48281078
>failbaddon
>forcing memes this hard when
>emps is a brain in a golden jar
>or a grimdark marker buoy

It's ALMOST like you're both just REALLY bad at trolling ...
Fact check:
Emps - One crusade. Dies.
Abby - 13 crusades. Lives.
Archon: The jobber's jobber.

tl;dr: Abby rules, Archon drools.
>>
>>48282868
Order shitting in everyone else's collective mouth. It tastes awful.
>>
>>48282794
no he doesnt have a command ability so i wouldnt use him as a general

if you want a good offensive line then try taking oldblood + warriors in a Sunclaw Starhost
>>
hrmn. what are the various healing/reinforcing/reviving mechanics and who has them?
>>
I'm thinking about getting into AoS and I was going to go with chaos, cause I love the archaon model.

For a 2000 point army so far I'm thinking of starting with archaon and 1 unit of varanguard, don't really know what to take next.
>>
Did a Chaos v Chaos battle for the season, 1300 points or so, using beastmen and monsters and a spare unit of Skullcrushers. The beastmen were part of a Furious Brayherd.

In my experience thus far, MSU units of Gors are a mixed blessing. The bonus attacks from the formation were hugr, but I got screwed by combat activation on turn 3+, and they managed to get in the way of my Bullgors charging a unit of plague monks, which would have been alice and clutch on turn 5 if they had. Also, between just my shaman and beastlord I couldn't cover enough board to keep the Gors up with their formation bonus nor command ability. I also kept forgetting to roll when the Gors charged.

All in all MSU isn't doing it, I think one big unit of Gors is the way to go, formations be damned.

Also, Skullcrushers with mystic shield are surprisingly resilient and annoying first holding a point. Bestigors also preform better with the formation bonus but over all they just feel 'okay' as a unit, not amazing, not bad. I'd probably replace them with chariots or Bullgors given the choice.
>>
>>48282868
Order is cleaning house. It smells like freedom in the air.
>>
File: 20160714_223016.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160714_223016.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
sunblood came in the mail today

it was good timing because i just finished the oldblood
>>
>>48283047

I'd consider a second unit if Varanguard and a gaunt sorcerer so you can make the Varanguard into your Battleline units.
>>
considering starting an AoS beastman army to fight with my I have from WHFB. how would this combo be? in both ascetics and play?
>>
>>48281915

Anon, a little advice on painting gold, do a very clean warm brown basecoat bedore,putting the gold over it.

Also I would use a lighter blue instead if pure white on their weapons.
>>
File: map.png (739 KB, 1540x464) Image search: [Google]
map.png
739 KB, 1540x464
>>48282868
Order holding their cities, though Phoenicia swapped hands a couple of times.
>>
>>48284299
*Pheonicium

Teach me for typing tired.
>>
>>48280141
I have beastmen, but I want Death to dominate
>>
Bought a box of Ogors, Tyrant, Butcher and a Gargant today. Going to get more when I've got these done.

Going to score some painting points for now. Let's go Destruction!
>>
uhgh. I gotta admit these stormcast minis are growing on me.
>>
>>48284537
The all gold scheme is really not the best they could have gone with, but they look pretty great in other colours.

Same with the Ironjawz, that bright yellow scheme was awful.
>>
File: dorfcast.jpg (563 KB, 3713x788) Image search: [Google]
dorfcast.jpg
563 KB, 3713x788
>>48284537
stormcast eternals are pretty badass. some people still on the fence will just do simple headswaps and find they like them better.
>>
now that we have points, what are the most point efficient things in each GA?
>>
Looking to get into sigmar with the new points system (was a vamps player in 8th)
Hows this for a flesh eater army 2000pts?

HEROES
Abhorrant Ghoul King (100)
Vampire Lord (140)
Necromancer (120)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
UNITS
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Crypt Horrors x 3 (140)
Crypt Horrors x 3 (140)
Dire Wolves x 5 (60)
Dire Wolves x 5 (60)
MONSTERS
Terrorgheist (320)
FORMATIONS
Abattoir (60)
Ghoul Patrol (100)
>>
>>48280201

>pretty sure the Silver Tower stuff ain't gettin points. At least not until the Tzeentch release later this year.

They said on the AoS facebook page that points for the Silver Tower stuff will come out on the same day as the release of the GH.

I imagine they weren't part of the GH in the first place because most of the enemy units will likely undergo alterations when they're released as separate kits.

>>48282627

The supplements I think partly exist so that the factions within the greater army can actually get lore.
>>
How is AoS balanced at all? What is the point of bringing common fodder troops as oppose to OP characters and shit?

When is GW going to fix this game?
>>
>>48284960
july 23rd
>>
>>48284960

Point cost
>>
>>48282299
Thanks for the reply here. I think it's a good point to use the white for the weapon edges -- I'll give it a try in the morning and if the thread is still alive I'll post another picture. Maybe keep the blues in the weapon though, and flick the stars over that? I have the blue gemstone paint that I try to use to give it a slight sparkle too.

>>48284213
Thanks for the tip here. I'm currently starting from a black undercoat, then a layer of bronze, then gold on top. Would the warm brown help the gold pop even more?

Also looking at the leftmost figure in >>48281915 it's obvious that I could have been a little cleaner with my brush with the scales and flesh. Would you guys recommend a drybrush or highlight on the scales to help the guys pop? I'm going for a deep/dark space theme so I think they are okay as dark as they are, but I'm always looking to improve my skills.
>>
>>48284960
Google what a "social contract" is. Hopefully people have learned to use one and won't forget it and be dicks as soon as points happen.
>>
So are skaven warlitters a thing or should i stop my conversion?
>>
File: you.gif (14 KB, 274x299) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
14 KB, 274x299
>>48284960
>>
>>48284996
Sorry, but no "social contract" is going to stop a player from fielding his new $200 Archeon model we just dropped his McDonalds paycheck on. God forbid some of us not want to play Herohammer, we shouldn't be hit with dumb shit like 15 (3tH, 3tW, -2 Rend) attacks from a single model with 20 Wounds. Shit is retarded.

>>48284976
>>48284983
Thank god this is finally happening.
>>
So I've been wanting to paint up some AoS models for a long time now, and finally caved and got the Silver Tower hero pack because that deal is just too good. On the off chance I ever make a Sigmarite army, should I make the knight Venator or Azyros? Personally I like the aesthetics of the Azyros more.
>>
>>48285040

Archaons pretty good but actually fairly priced, points wise. 700 points out of 2000, he'd better make an impact
>>
>>48285040
Judging by your attitude so far, maybe this game isn't for you?
>>
>>48285048
Venator just kicks so much ass.

Save the lantern and use it for a lord-castellant conversion.
>>
>>48285040
He's 700 points to field, dude.
>>
Any pdfs of Grand Alliance Chaos? Can't find it in the Pastebin at all.
>>
>>48285119
there are no scans of the GA books. just buy it. It's a steal of a deal
>>
Does anyone have the Point calculator that some one on reddit has?
>>
>>48285119
nobody will scan the GA books because there is no reason to scan them, they are just a bunch of warscrolls that you can find for free online
>>
>>48285154
http://www.scrollbuilder.com/ updated with points
>>
>>48285158
Not the Battalions, that I've seen anyway.
>>
>>48285158

Lore, bonus formations iirc?
>>
Are there nicer leaks of the points? or just the phone quality stuff in op?
>>
File: 1409287509281.jpg (200 KB, 1024x1496) Image search: [Google]
1409287509281.jpg
200 KB, 1024x1496
I have the Start Collecting! Malignant and Skeleton Horde, where should I expand this from here? I was going to do all skellies. I do like vampires, like Nefarata, but Arkhan is cool as fuck so I might build him instead. Or maybe get a second Skeleton Horde and build both?
>>
>>48285096

Cool, will do thanks! Next on the AoS painting agenda is to pick up some Paladins some time because I love huge ass weapons.
>>
>>48285270
if you want to go cheap, just get the starter set paladins off ebay or some bits site. And yeah they are pretty damn fine models.
>>
>>48285176
Thank you! Your awesome!

Anyways, here's what I have currently for my 2000 Vampire counts list:

Leaders:
1 Vampire Lord: 140
1 Necromancer: 120
1 Wight King/w Blade mounted: 120
1 Necromancer: 120

Battle-line:
30 Skeletons/w Spears: 240
30 Skeletons/w Spears: 240
10 Skeletons/w Spears: 80

Troops:
5 Hexwraiths: 160
10 Black Knights: 240
15 Grave Guard/w Greatweapons: 240

Formations:
Death-Rattle Horde

This totals up to 1780 points, leaving me with 220 points in 2000 points games, and 720 points in 2500 point games. As of yet, i've been having trouble in breaking through units with High Saves, such as Dwarfs and Stormcast. Right now, I've been mainly relying on Hero's, Danse'd Grave Guard, and the Mortal wounds on the Hexwraiths to deal with these, but I am still consistently having problems breaking these strongly armored units. I've been using my skeletons in a sort of "Bubble wrap" formation, with the Skeletons in front to act as a Charge buffer. Than, following behind them is the Grave guard to come in and help sweep up the enemy, and if need be, have the Hexwraith swoop over, or if im Running solo deathrattle, the Black Knights come in and charge, although I mostly use the Black knights as a cheap throw away army block. But, I need a way to boost up my damage output. Right now, i've been considering which unit to take: A few ideas I have are Varghulf courtier, a Bone Giant, A black Coach, or finally, a box of Morghasts. I think at the moment, I'm leaning towards a Varghulf and Bonegiant, thanks to the plentiful amount of proxies.
>>
>>48285408
morghasts will do you better than the bonegiant, giants are kind of derpy
>>
>>48285474
Yeah, but don't Bonegiants have the possibility to cause horrendous amounts of damage?
>>
>>48285383

Cheap is good. Does that only build the hammer guys, or could I build the axe/spear dudes too?
>>
>>48285527
just the hammer guys.

retributors are the hammer guys
decimators are the axe guys
protectors are the spear guys
>>
>>48285545

Alright good to know. I'll probably snag three of the hammer guys then and pick up a box when I feel like it and paint that up 50/50. Thank you for the help!
>>
>>48282906
The fuck are you on about? Archaon never jobbed to anyone.

You are being the same thing you accusing the other.

>>48281057
>LAWL armless

Fucking memeing retard. Abaddon sets in the same position Archaon had prior to the destruction of the world.
>>
>>48285517
it's not an amazing possibility, and you don't have a necrotect to give him a coin-flip to try and get two attacks
>>
>>48284717
pls respond
>>
>>48281078
>I'm not saying I like AoS Archaon but he's definitely better than Ezekyle "I have literally never done anything with my life" Abaddon

I like both characters and I am here to tell you that you are retard.

The only difference between Abaddon and Archaon is that Archaon's storyline progressed.

Abaddon's 12 past crusades are equivalent to Archaon's campaigning across the world. They were quests for support, relics, and favour of the Gods. Once Archaon finished his campaign, he was named Everchosen and then launched the End Time invasion. Similarly after Abaddon complated his 12 crusades, which all build up precursory invasions and raids for the 13th Crusade, he was named the Chaos Ascendant and he launched the End Times by starting the 13th Black Crusade.

Archaon End Times went ahead. Abaddon's is still stuck in the stagnant pool of the 40K status quo. So comparing 40K Abaddon to AoS Archaon is fallacious.
>>
jesus fuck. Saurus sunbloods are fucking beastly
>>
>>48285667
well they have to live up to the legacy of their model base, Gor'rok
>>
>>48285667
how many you got?
>>
>>48285620
Hm, I gotcha. Now what about Vargheists? Are they any good, or should I just try to build up a force of Morghasts?
>>
>>48285408
Oh, and speaking of, I have a few ideas for the units to use as proxies:

Firstly, we have Privateer Press' Circle of Orboro's Pureblood Warpwolf. This guy captures the whole Beastly bad ass look pretty nicely, and is about the size of the Varghulf. My only problem is that it's a bit on the wolfy side, and not really vamprisih, but it fits the size really well. And not only that, but by buying the starter kit it comes in, it gives me another wolf like creature, a two headed wolf, and a Warcaster i can convert into a Necromancer and some other gribblies.

Next up, we have the Goritsti from Wrath of Kings, which is a often overlooked miniature creator, but its sculpts are nice, and fairly priced. They have a lot of big, bipedal werewolf like creatures, but my problem with these guys are two fold: They feel a little smallish when compared the to Varghulf, and they simply don't look savage enough in my opinion. They might serve better as Vargheists, but they still lack the savage vampire look. They are however, ridiculously compared to everything else I've found, with the basic infantry box going for 30 bucks for EIGHT of them. That's more than enough to produce as many as I need or would ever want. I might also get called a furry for using them, however

After that, we have the Mantic Game's Lykanis, which once again, isn't very vampiric. However, it does look more like it, and carries a very similiar pose. With a little bit of conversion work, It doesn't seem like it would be hard to fit on the wings of a Vargheist or even a Zombie Dragon. it is also cheap compared to the GW, but the Wrath of Kings mini's still come out even cheaper. Furthermore, it is entirely made out of metal, which is a bummer all things considered. Also, their werewolves are veeery naked. Which makes me somewhat uncomfortable.
>>
File: Best Carstein.png (101 KB, 289x214) Image search: [Google]
Best Carstein.png
101 KB, 289x214
>>48281014
That's all fine and all but we can we agree that Death would be more superior if some one more based took throne of Shyish. Someone refined and clever. Someone who won't let past grudges and an overinflated ego get in the way of the interest of Shyish. You know....someone like...

The Great and Magnificent Mannfred Von Carstien!
>>
File: nagash_final.jpg (279 KB, 1300x919) Image search: [Google]
nagash_final.jpg
279 KB, 1300x919
So this gets me thinking. Does Nagash have some end game plan? We know he cannot take on Chaos alone. Lord knows how many times that ended in him kicked to the curb. By betraying Sigmar, he burned the bridge of cooperation between Order and Death.

So how is he possibly going to defeat the other three alliances on his own?
>>
>>48280580

Pretty much. I have a feeling that any named characters that exist and get kits and aren't holdovers from Fantasy aren't going to be dying anytime soon. This is why I think GW may make certain character prominent for certain factions (Vandus, Khul, etc.) and yet not giving them unique models. It allows them if desired to kill the characters off without invalidating the model. Thostos is a good example of this.

>>48281057

I disagree, I think Abaddon is a vastly more interesting character because he has been fleshed out as having a plan should he overthrow the Imperium and has been giving a motivation for doing such.

Archaon mostly seems to just exist to give Chaos a unified figurehead and a counterpart to Sigmar. He has no real goal other than conquering and wanting to fight Sigmar and the latter unfortunately has more reasoning behind it than the former, shallow as it is.
>>
>>48285848

>bald
>ugly
>retarded
>entitled

Yeah nah.
>>
>>48285918
>He has no real goal other than conquering and wanting to fight Sigmar and the latter unfortunately has more reasoning behind it than the former, shallow as it is.

Actually, It's been stated that Archaon has an unknowable plan other than curbstomping Sigmar and conquering the mortal realms in the WD that came during the Godbeasts release.

And Archaon motivation were highlighted beautifully in the novels.
>>
File: nagashcover.jpg (46 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
nagashcover.jpg
46 KB, 488x488
>>48285946
Are you describing Nagash?
>>
>>48285968

They're both reflections of each other's stupidity.

I vote for based Arkhan to ascend over Nagash after his beloved master is put down, permanently, byGork .

Alternatively, ALL HAIL THE DARK QUEEN OF SOULBLIGHT!
>>
>>48285994
>>48285994
I am in the opinion that Nagash keeps Mannfred around and abuses him so much because he sees so much of himself in the vampire.

Some sort of Freudian masochistic thing going on between these two.
>>
>>48285177
>>48285197
Both of those are in the pastebin.
>>
>>48286029
>>48285994
>>48285848
Guys... I hate to say it, but Nagash, praise be his name, sent Arkhan and the Stormcasts after him as a way to prove their intentions.

He's dead, jim
>>
What's the best Stormcast models for their points and monetary value? I'm making a shopping list for a friend who's working on a budget.
>>
>>48285896
>We know he cannot take on Chaos alone.
We know that. But Nagash is convinced he can. That's pretty much the whole problem.
>>
>>48285176
Man that shit is terribly incomplete.
>>
>>48286073
That's what happens when surround yourself with Yes-men.
>>
Are beastclaw raiders the cheapest army to get into without a get started?

I think you can buy three stonetusks and you're a golden.
>>
>>48286067
Paladins and Dracothian Guard give the most bang for your buck.
>>
>>48286310
Have to wait for the Beastclaw Raiders Battletome to see how they get assambled. But yes, two Stonehorn Beastriders and a Huskard on Stonehorn would make a 1000 Pt list.
>>
How come javelin prosecutors are cheaper than hammer prosecutors? They just seem better.

The javelins are same range, but 3+/3+ and damage 2 at range over 9". Sure the hammers are 2 attacks each, but the 4+/4+ really kills it, and rerolling 1s just isnt enough.
>>
>>48286312

Which kind of Paladins?
>>
>>48286588
Retributors.
>>
File: starsoulmace.jpg (10 KB, 271x113) Image search: [Google]
starsoulmace.jpg
10 KB, 271x113
So am I understanding this correctly, how good these are? When a combat phase begins, before the first attacker is declared, these maces go off, even before the paladins get a chance to attack?

Or do I treat them as any normal paladin weapon?
>>
Gooood morning Ghyran!
It's 9:40 am and a beautiful sunny day.
Order prevails in all three cities.
Now the weather...
>>
>>48286684
Thanks Knight-Anchastorman, Soulblight weather woman Azual Sangunie here, and for today's weather, we are looking at a major lightening storm in the Ghyran pressure system, much to the Chargin of Nagash! Now onto to sports with Goredrakk..
>>
>>48286673
They're great. My understanding is that it's treated as any other weapon, so you use it when you select the unit to make its attack.
>>
>>48286673
>How good are these?
Very, especially on Retributors, the other paladins can't really do much with them. In potentia the lightning hammers can deal more damage (2x2Damage vs d3 Mortal Wounds), but the unconditional nature of the starsoul mace is what makes it great. To-hit debuff? Whatever. 2+ rerollable save? Like I care!
They go off at the same time all other melee attacks from the unit happen.
>>
>>48286673
You treat it as a normal weapon, that's why it has a weapon profile on the warscroll.
>>
>>48286777
Thank you, my dear, Count Goredrakk here with all the news from the big event here in Ghyran, where Death is making a little comeback, putting quite some pressure on Chaos. Order still looms large, but the second place is actually a little more contested right now. I wonder who'll pull ahead of the two in the coming days.
But what of the perennial darling of the crowd, Destruction? Relegated to a distant fourth place already, despite previously stated intentions to "Bash evyfink gud."? It seems there might be the need to re-evaluate the approach.
And with that back to Knight-Anchastorman Ronos Redhand.
>>
>>48287008
Wat? Destruction is in third place in the living city, about the same as Death in the Greywater Fastness and slightly behind in the Phoenicium.
Destruction and Death are pretty much equal, fighting over the third place.There not on a "distant fourth place".
>>
File: Mega1.jpg (343 KB, 1469x870) Image search: [Google]
Mega1.jpg
343 KB, 1469x870
Still plenty of work to go.

Regrets? I've got a few.

But it's ok so far.
>>
>>48287020
Well, it looks like that will be an enthralling week here in Ghyran. And this were your Morning News. We'll be back tomorrow between 9 and 10am. Have a productive day for your alliance valuable listeners. Cheers.
>>
So is anybody planning on updating that Age of Sigmart thing? We got a shit-ton of new art from All-Gate and the Sylvaneth Battletome a few threads back and nobody is uploading it.
Registration is closed, otherwise I'd help out.
>>
>>48287040
You've done some great legs, anon.
>>
>>48287040
>regrets
Go fuck yourself with your amazing painting skills and gorgeous color scheme.
>>
>>48287061

Thanks!

>>48287062

Thanks and sorry, I didn't mean to slap the back of my palm to my head and wail "woe is me", I just wish I'd used a different red is all.
>>
Lads, trying to tie my Seraphon in with my new Sylvaneth army (I like to have a sort of running fluff as they have similar green swampy paint schemes). Really can't think of anything really apart from them coming from the same forest though, any ideas?
>>
>>48287102
>them coming from the same forest though
No. Just no. Not even in whfb.

The most consistent thing would be:
Sylvaneth fight in an important place against THE SHADOW. Seraphon jump in. Totally unrelated but both against THE SHADOW.
>>
>>48280168
I'm a 40gay refugee. so hype that Sigmar is a "fresh" start...
>>
Shar'tor the Executioner up for preorder from FW.

>Shar’tor the Executioner is a malevolent warrior-priest of Hashut. This trampling bull centaur carries the terrifying Darktide Axe, a cruel weapon steeped in untold years of slaughter upon which burn vile runes of hatred and malice. Shar’tor also wears Hashut’s sacred Mask of the Executioner, marking him as his dark god’s favoured headsmen, empowered to call out his god’s name with such a malign force, that the sound alone is enough to kill the weak of heart, just as it fills those loyal to Hashut with unholy wrath.

>Shar’tor the Executioner is a Chaos Hero of the Legion of Azgorh. His command ability gives nearby units a chance to ignore wounds, and the mask he wears both inspires other Bull Centaurs in your army to charge and gore your foes, and brings death to the enemy.

>Shar’tor the Executioner is the first model in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Character Series. This incredibly detailed model is packaged in a stylish presentation box and includes a detailed 105mm oval base, depicting the ruins of battle that Shar’tor tramples beneath his hooves.
>>
>Two closest stores near me haven't posted any results.
>My Fire Dwarfs aren't finished yet.
>>
Anyone got the how to paint Ironjawz? I cant find it in the pastebin
>>
>>48287040
Paint job is fantastic man. Great work!
>>
>>48287102
I have pretty much no knowledge about how the Seraphon work in AoS but you could have it be something like:

During the war for the Realm of Life a Slann and his forces got cornered by a huge force of Nurgle and had to retreat after the Slann had been injured and infected with a special plague of nurgle. After retreating into a corrupted Grove, with the nurgle in close pursuit, the Slann sensed this to be his final moments. Unpleased with the thought of dying inbetween all the corruption he used his magic to cleanse the Grove around him, so he could die in the beauty of nature, untainted by chaos. By doing so he also cleansed the dormant Slyvaneth of the Grove who then rose to defeat the nurgle forces in persuit of the Seraphon and helped the Skinkpriest brew a cure for the Slann. Now bonded the two forces travel the mortal realms together, cleansing them of the taint of chaos and planting new forests wherever they reign victorious.

Probably a bit cheesy but something like that could work.
>>
>>48287236
>Command ability that works independant of keywords.
Fucking FW goddamnit.
>>
>>48287236

>Shar'tor
>Sharter

what a load of bullshit
>>
So any ideas how I can convert my flesh eater court to represent they were once bretonnia? (seems to be implied in the battletome)
>>
>>48282620
>lesser used heroes
>Eternity Warden
literally the one most commonly used and abused
>>
>>48287303
Is this the new meme we are forcing now? I'm starting to miss /aosg/ before points were announced.
>>
File: 20160711_170354.jpg (5 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160711_170354.jpg
5 MB, 2988x5312
hey when does the new handbook come out??
>>
>>48287236
>Darktide Axe
>five swings at 3+/3+/-2/3 with exploding hits
>Prayers of Malice
>keyword-free 6++ command ability

Uh-huh.
>>
>>48287303
You could give your Courtiers Bret Knight helmets and paint those really rusty.
You could convert some Ghouls to hold up ripped banners (only do this if you're good at freehand. No banners at all looks better than shitty freehand)
You could stick build your Ghoul King on Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon with the legs of the Vampire Lord and give said legs a Bret Knight torso.
Or do what some other anons did and use Stormcasts with Bret helmets as your Crypt Horrors.
>>
>>48287303
It was pointed out by a few people that prior to AoS the ghouls believed the same, apparently part of a different fallen kingdom.

Not to mention, it would be a waste of a good faction to just remove the heroic knightly motif and make them barely living cannibals.
>>
>>48287418
Let me point out all the reasons your post was bullshit.
>you have no idea what a forced meme is
>Death having absorbed the remnants of the Brets HAS been hinted at a bunch of times
>and what does "I want to convert my army because I think it'd look great" got to do with the addition of points

>>48287425
hey how about you visit the games workshop website where the release date is plastered all over??
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 1134x942) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 1134x942
>tfw you are away on vacation and wont have time or opportunity to participate during the entire campaign

They will do another one next year, r-right?
>>
>>48287450
>>48287418
There's numerous references though, one ghoul king waking up with questing armour, thinking the bones and trophies they collect being pennants, shining armour or swords, crypt horrors believing themselves to be heroic knights charging into battle, and mentions of 'cavalry formations'.

There's even an excerpt stating 'Like knights of the realm, crypt flayers soar over the court's domain...'

Bretonnia has been shat on for over a decade so I wouldn't put it past them to do it, but in saying that it doesn't mean the entirety of bretonnia has turned into cannibals (I'm still holding out hope that Abhorash/Gilles survived with a small ditingent)
>>
>>48287497
If this one generates as much buzz/sales as their hoping for, probably.
>>
>>48287502
There were thousands of years for various other kingdoms with Knights to pop up in the mortal realms, those are pretty basic concepts. I like to think bretonnia loves on in the form of the super Grail knight spirits Likeath intended to guard her new realm, led by the ascended Louen Leonceur and Giles
>>
File: sylvaneth.png (7 MB, 2126x1532) Image search: [Google]
sylvaneth.png
7 MB, 2126x1532
>>48287275

Thanks man, this sounds really good. I've always been a fan of cheese so this is really good!
>>
>>48287530
So they're more likely to be random faction A that was never around rather than remnants of an old faction that was supported (well, once upon a time) and a throwback to the fluff? Right.

If that was the case I doubt they'd be so subtle with their references and just flat out state what the kingdom they came from was.
>>
File: image.jpg (232 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232 KB, 1280x1440
>>48287513
Actually, it's probably more likely that any potential next year will ne to promote the new edition of 40k.
>>
>>48284717
I don't know about the rest, but ghouls work best in units of at least 20 - the ghast courtier and ghoul patrol can help keep them there.

Consider shifting your list around to get 3 units of 20 ghouls rather than 4 units of 10.
>>
>>48287453
>hey how about you visit the games workshop website where the release date is plastered all over??
but its naught
>>
>>48287453

>Death having absorbed the remnants of the Brets HAS been hinted at a bunch of times

Where? The only thing I recall was very early shots of a Death army in AoS that had one model with a Bretonnian flag because it was a converted Fantasy army.

When reading about the FEC Bretonnia never even entered my mind since as another Anon said the delusions described sound like pretty generic stuff.

>>48287425

Next weekend
>>
Does a battlescribe data file exist for AoS yet? It's not super hard to do since there's very few upgrades but I just like messing around with builds.
>>
How do you counter stormcast eternals as empire/free guild? Played a 1000 point game today and got utterly thrashed. Had crazy cross the map shots that one shotted my wizards, heroes that did 10+ wounds in a turn. I ended up only killing 2 models.
>>
>>48287644
Well, we have that shot you mentioned, of a Black Knight holding a banner with a fleur de lis on it. The rest is fluff that CAN be interpreted that way, but isn't conclusive. For example the imfamous ogor guts story, as soon as they come under the Ghoul King's delusion, the narration reads pretty damn similar to a Bret peasant spying a glimpse of the nobility. Similarly the picture of the rapier that casts a bone shadow.
There are hints that can be interpreted that way, so he would not butcher the fluff by making his Ghouls into fallen Brets. It would certainly look better than yet another bog standard ghoul army.
>>
>>48287700
Hmm. Could try demigryphs and cannons if you haven't already.
>>
>>48287700
Usually, Greatswords, Sword'n'Board Guard and Handgunners, buffed by a General, two Battlemages (one Amber) and maybe a cannon works pretty damn well. Just start bubble-wrapping your important shit as soon as he sets up a Vexillor or says "X are set up in the Celestial Realm".

Also, how the fuck did he one shot your Wizards? Did he bring two Stardrakes? Because if you were stupid enough to let his archers kill your Battlemages, than that loss is on you.
>>
Can Sigmarines go rogue or could Sigmar just switch them off? I mean a generic Paladin can fall and lose his blessings, but still keeps on living. How much free will do they possess? Could they say, for some reason or another, stop listening to Sigmar and do shit on their own? Or even get corrupted by Chaos to 'keep' their power?
>>
>>48287732
Probably.
>>
>48287716
>cannon
Fuck, that probably explains why I got destroyed.
I'd paid for a cannon and had forgotten to actually take it.

>>48287728
He took two Knight-Venators, which apparently (I'm not familiar with their rules, this was my third ever game) have a shot that can instakill a 5 wound character. A friend of mine suggested taking the troops in bigger blobs + the formation that gives them +1 to hit.
>>
>>48287747
>>48287716
>>
>>48287702
Dude, if you want to convert your FEC to old Bretonnians, all power to you, but stop saying 'it's implied in the fluff', because it's not. It's just old Strigoi lore.
I mean a perfect explanation would be:
>parts of bretonnia got sucked into the death realm or respawned there for some reason
>some knights turn into fighting vampires (blood dragons)
>the more noble ones turn into vampires like the von carsteisn
>some got their minds blown and can't control themselves and thus turn into the ghoulish vampires, and also developed a case of schizophrenia and think they are still bretonnian nobles

SURE it is all there, but really the implication is more on old Strigoi lore, because that is what the Ghoulkings are/were.
>>
>>48285848
He's a laugh in Total War, but boy do I wish there was a good Vlad mod out that let me diplomance the fuck out of my local neighbours and not look like a bald faggot with ridiculous weapons while doing it.
>>
>>48287702

>Well, we have that shot you mentioned, of a Black Knight holding a banner with a fleur de lis on it.

Which as I said was a conversion, likely a thematic one to show that the model or unit in question was Bretonnian while alive.

I have no problem with somebody theming their FEC army after Bretonnia, I'm just at the moment not seeing the connection between the two as being so concrete. The kingdom talked about as being the genesis for the FEC just seemed to be a generic one.

As the Anon above pointed out it could also be a reference of sorts to the Strigoi lore from Fantasy, particularly Mourkain, which was a kingdom founded by Ushoran. The Pestilens battletome has in it a condensed version of the Skaven origin myth from Fantasy, just making it seem like it could have happened in the Mortal Realms by switching out Dwarfs for Duardin.
>>
>>48286116
To be fair he has more dissenting voices than Sigmar.
>>
>>48287073
See what you can get away with layering wise, maybe? Great looking Megaboss, all the same.
>>
>>48287747
>Yeah, instakill is kinda.. I hope he did it right and didn't just claim that. Yes, they can once per game fire a shot that deals D6+3 damage to Heroes and Monsters, but he still has to hit and wound with it. Alright, if he did that and managed it, then yes, that's kinda unpleasant and there's fuck all you can do about it, but the Venator is almost worthless after firing it. Maybe take more Battlemages than he takes Venators next time. Bigger blobs are always encouraged, but that battalion is too big to use in 1000 points.
>>
Season of War is just a clean sweep for Order then right?
>>
>>48285007
They currently only count as a warlord, unfortunately. Bonebreakers are just rat ogres, for that matter.
>>
>>48287865
As it should be for the real good guys.
>>
>>48287865
It's the start of the second day, stop calling it for Order so early.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.