[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a good dice mechanic for an Anime Rpg?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1461956110190.png (731 KB, 684x619) Image search: [Google]
1461956110190.png
731 KB, 684x619
What is a good dice mechanic for an Anime Rpg?
>>
>>48271493
*teleports behind u*
*grabs u*
*whispers in ur ear with his deep and dark voice:*
"Freeform."
>>
>>48271493
1d6, maybe 2d6.
>>
>>48271493
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>48271660
Obviously Jojo Mr.CatchAllAnswerMan
>>
>>48271493
A setting's style has nothing to do with the mechanics. Use what you know, and incorporate themes and ideas you like.

For something like jojo, simply treat the stand as a separate character, and pause the combat from time to time to allow for "oh, nooo" or banter.
>>
>>48271738
>Banter
One does not call Hype Exposition mere 'banter'.
>>
I am trying to emulate jojo or hunter x hunter, both are hard as fuck to adapt
>>
>>48271832
Just stop giving a fuck and approximate stuff in a generic system.
>>
>>48271724

Interestingly most LARP rules involve special poses to invoke special in-game powers
>>
>>48271493
Anima: Beyond Fantasy
>>
>>48271738

I'd argue that a settings style has everything to do with the core mechanic. You can make a decent RPG from a generic mechanic or one that just does the job, but truly great design relies on you ensuring the mechanics of your game support the narrative and themes you're going for, right the way down to the core mechanic.

Although, OP- Define 'Anime' in this context. As it's such a broad fucking thing it's hard to suggest anything other than a generic mechanic.
>>
>>48271493
Steal the force coins from EotE. Anyone can flip their side's coin to add a die to their pool. You can also flip multiple coins at the same time.
>>
>>48271724
The systems in the Super Stand Sunday threads have PDFs for jojo tabletop systems. I'm currently running a modified version of the d10 system with a house rule that you crit confirm by posing. Then each character gets a critical theme song that plays while I describe exactly how hard they just smacked that guy.
Jojo tabletop is fun
>>
>>48272581
This would be the best answer, if it didn't mean having to put up with Spanish, FFG translations, or Google Translate.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.