[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have played a rouge or wizard for years. Over the past three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: Paladin_Concept_by_liquidology.jpg (141 KB, 627x864) Image search: [Google]
Paladin_Concept_by_liquidology.jpg
141 KB, 627x864
I have played a rouge or wizard for years.

Over the past three gaming sessions I have went melee heavy paladin with 'For Justice!' 'Smite the unclean!' and other such battlecries being my main mode of play.

It has been such a fucking blast. Greatweapon mastery and Greatweapon fighting has me doing stupid amounts of damage early on.

The DM lays some spooky atmosphere and a mold mound animates? Justice fears no mound!
>Great hammer it to oblivion

DM summons up a bunch of ghouls? Away unclean things!
>Greatsword hacks 'em to bits

Just running in like a proper tank and fucking shit up with a big ol' smitin' stick has been the most fun I have had in D&D in a long time.

Keeping in character is great too because it means a lot more dangerous situations keep on popping up.

>You find a mauled body on the side of the road with a note written on it that reveals important plot points. The howling of wolves can be heard coming closer.

I give the body as decent a burial as I can.

>The wolves will be upon you before you can finish
Then I am fighting wolves. This lost soul deserves some dignity.
>Manage to kill four of the six dire wolves because I am rolling fire and the DM is rolling shit
>Two of my party members get fucked up and I scoop them up and book it before they are killed

I need to go back and bury that guy at some point.

So, what class do you enjoy playing the most and why?
>>
>>48266378
Paladin.

For when life is scorned and damage done the Pact is VENGANCE!
>>
>>48266378
>I need to go back and bury that guy at some point.

hate to tell you this but two of six dire wolves left alive means that body is moistening droppings right now
>>
Any class from any system or D&D class?

My favorite D&D class would be Warblade. Focus in Diamond Mind and be an honorable samurai with cool ass sword techniques.
>>
>>48266378
>Favorite class, 5th edition
Life cleric, with healer feat and magic initiate for goodberry. Half my party went DPS (crossbow fighter, GWM barbarian), so I get to keep them alive and blessed while they very efficiently convert monsters into mulch. They know precisely how dead they would be without all the healing I pump into them on a short-rest-ly basis, and they're grateful to it. Even when I do go down, they can pop a goodberry into my mouth, so I can get back up and start healing them again.

Maybe I'm just happy that we're able to survive for once. Without me as the party cleric, the whole party routinely wound up low on health and magic after just a few combats, which is the kind of thing that quickly leads to PC deaths. Now? they get a medkit treatment after every fight, I clean up any conditions they picked up, the bard can keep her daily spells saved up for buffs, and the DM has to strain his imagination if he ever wants to drain our resources or put us in trouble.

Also really love the RP. Get to be a nicey-nice guy in town, then get ready for smite-mode when we go to the dungeon.

>proper burial
If you ever want to bury someone in 5e, you basically need the mold earth cantrip. You can drop a body 5 feet under in two rounds. Just remember to loot it first, or else have a good memory for where you buried the guy.
>>
I was a cleric that outwitted asmodeus. Does that count for awesome?
>>
>>48271635
Or y'know have a shovel.
And looting the dead is shameful.
>>
File: 1467394606708.png (436 KB, 600x666) Image search: [Google]
1467394606708.png
436 KB, 600x666
>>48266378
We don't play DnD a lot but recently our Gm has been running curse of Strahd. And boy do we have a desus valut party. The shinning star is our Paladin who goes around smiting evil. Story time soon.
>>
>>48266378
Rogue - decent during fights and fighting with him doesn't boil down to just "hurr durr, me attack him", planning and thinking a bit during fights is enjoyable.
And outside of fights, i earn trust of the part by breaking locks, destroying traps and making money. I could basically solve all financial problems my party has, using loot i've stolen all over Waterdeep.
>>
So far the only character I played was a Cleric of Pelor. He always tried to do his best in bringing a positive attitude and helping those who were less fortunate. I explicitly remember giving over 20k gold to the poor of the capital city, using my healing magic when we were in towns and cities to help the ill or wounded, and being the moral compass for our party. To the point where on of our party members died and he refused to let anyone loot her corpse, instead burying it and sanctifyed the grave so her corpse couldn't be reanimated.

He also fell in love with the party's elven druid, who got pregnant before he was killed at the end of the campaign, using Shield Other to protect the party from a powerful demon.
>>
>>48271721
story or never happened
>>
Wizard, especially Diviner because of that dank portent ability.

>DM rolls a crit on me
>"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
>his roll becomes a 3

It honestly makes Wizzies the best caster, knowing that you're carrying around 2-3 free successes or fails in your pocket.
>>
File: 250px-Artur_7459.png (152 KB, 250x533) Image search: [Google]
250px-Artur_7459.png
152 KB, 250x533
>>48266378
I like healing, so I usually play a cleric of some life deity: life's good, since usually no one wants to take the role of the healer, buffer and the voice of reason of the party (wisdom is a great stat, you know?)

On top of that, I can get insight and call bullshit on anyone trying to cheekily cheat the party. The only problem I run into is that I usually play my characters waaay too patient and let people get away with stupid shit when I should be giving them long-winded speech about how bad they are and how wrong it is what they did...
>>
File: 1467392681368.gif (688 KB, 664x714) Image search: [Google]
1467392681368.gif
688 KB, 664x714
>>48266378
>>
File: e1e.gif (2 MB, 200x205) Image search: [Google]
e1e.gif
2 MB, 200x205
>>48266378
>I have played a rouge
>>
File: 1456837948132.jpg (42 KB, 525x438) Image search: [Google]
1456837948132.jpg
42 KB, 525x438
>>48273265
Begone, heathen.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.