[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: Best General3.png (1 MB, 1014x761) Image search: [Google]
Best General3.png
1 MB, 1014x761
DAE DA BEST CHAPTER EVRAR /s edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb
>>
>New lord of change rumors being bandied about again

Is there some concrete evidence that GW is going to push a new lord of change this year/next or are we going to spend another 2 decades with the shitbird
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 473x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 473x612
>>
>>48263812
>My Deathwing are mainly Yellow and my Greenwing will be mainly White.

"Look Lionel! I am going to piss off the Imperial Fists and the White Scars at the same time!"
>>
>>48263757
we're probably not gonna get the other plastic greater daemons soon, GW likes to put out a few models at a time to make it easier to market. we got a new bloodthrister due to daemonkind and they're not vanilla marines who get stuff all the time

maybe if we got 7th daemons i could see it happening
>>
>>48263902
I mean at this point with 8th edition definitely under construction, it seems like a forgone conclusion that Daemonic Incursion is as "7th edition" as daemons are going to receive an update.

I wouldn't mind the new lord of change heralding tzeentch daemonkin though
>>
>>48263902
Well, if they release Tzeentch daemonkin, we might at least get the LoC, no ?
>>
>>48263757
the chance of a new LoC coming out is around the same chance of them squatting all of the non-khorne demons.
>>
>>48263823
>8e Tau codex
>anchoring rule gets an update that says tank shocking it will cause the shocking unit to get destroyed
>>
>>48263943
GWs release policy is like mystery shopping. Noone knows what they release, or when.The only thing we know is that it is completly unrelated to what their customers demand. (Hint for GW,when you finally remade the bloodthirster it did appear in the list of best selling models. There might be a hint of demand for the others in it.)
>>
>>48263986
don't say that too loudly, khorne has been the favorite of GW for a long while with nurgle falling behind just a little

>>48264062
I always believed GW works off rule of cool if the sculptors or rule makers have something cool they wanna put in the game
>>
>>48264129
sculpts/models come before rules, so it's no real stretch to consider that they probably have some sway over business direction.
>>
/tg/ tell me what you listen to when you model or paint. Any good podcast or batrep out there that are worth it? I'm looking for something to keep me inspired and motivated.
>>
How much sense would it make for a Craftworld to have an urban and tundra biome?
>>
Mormon-inspired / occult Space Marine chapter

> Chapter nutshell:
Pagan Black Templars, essentially.

> allegiance
loyal... kind of

> homeworld
Comorah

> Characters:
Amalickiah - chapter master
Alma - first captain
Enos - high priest

> beliefs
These guys believe the Emperor's Will is a separate entity from Big E himself. From a fluff standpoint, this abstract concept would never be fully explained; the closest one could get to a concrete answer is that this entity is his corrupted (enlightened) psychic signature in the warp, but even then that wouldn't be fully accurate. This is a heavily guarded, cult-vibe secret. Recruits believe to simply be serving the Emperor himself. Only through rising in rank does the subtle difference between The Emperor and "His Will" become a little less foggy.

> objectives
Generativity: continuous recruiting for the "last crusade." Chapter numbers are kept secret.

Last Crusade: Perhaps the pinnacle secret - alluded to being a leader-orchestrated suicide mission for the entire chapter. A sacrifice of sorts. We'll have to see.

> armor colors
White & blue (see freemason aprons)

Here's the trick: I can't figure out a name for this chapter. Halp.
>>
>>48264172
Better question: What do YOU enjoy listening to? Also most batreps are at least bearable for learning unit function, but if the Audio/commentary is crap then why bother
>>
>>48263823

It'd be funny if someone did that with a formation of Grot Tanks.
>>
>>48264202
Deldar suicide rammers.
>>
>>48264194
The Latter Day Crusaders.
>>
>>48264194
The Faithful Navigators. From Knights of Columbus (so opposite of Free Masons) but they wear White and blue, and the name fits the cultish vibe you got going. Love the idea, by the way, post pics when you got em
>>
>>48264172
I usually listen to stuff unrelated to painting and 40k in general. Usually entertaining stuff that I like. I hate staying 'focused' on painting while painting, unless I'm trying out new stuff. I like to be completely zoned out while I'm painting so it doesn't feel like I'm doing work.
>>
>>48264182
actually i believe it's possible to have multiple environments on a ship
>>
>>48264201
>What do YOU enjoy listening to?
All kind of metal. I find it distracting after a while. That's why I'm looking for podcasts or other streams that would make good background noise.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 640x400
>>48264273
May I present to you pic related?
>>
>>48264270
I originally was going to go with an urban environment with an Eldar version of New York, but tried rolling on on the Craftworld tables and got a tundra. I guess the tundra could be the training grounds for the aspect warriors.
>>
I need a name for my Marines.

They're White Scars successors that like working with the Imperial Guard and serve as a sort of "hit fast and hard to soften them up for the Guardsmen" force. Their colors are Green and White but I can't think of a good name.
>>
>>48264194
Or some variation of The Golden Dawn, they were a very suspect group from the 18th century dedicated to understanding and researching magic, and learning its relationship to God. Play on that theme for a neat cultish group studying and hunting Psykers
>>
>>48264358
Please call them Rat Patrol. Elite fast-attack commandos fighting along side regular WW2-ish troops to help secure victory. It's too good to pass up.
>>
>>48264358

Or try a balance of
>>48264394
's idea, and call them the (something) commensals, as it means non-symbiotic aid of an organism (Chapter and the Guard) and rats are commensals to humans. It's the perfect blend of Roman, pun, and good name.
>>
remember we've got a discord now guys
https://discord.gg/FpVfNKp
>>
>>48264172
Freakonomics podcast is pretty interesting, and there's something like 250+ episodes so it'll give you some time to get through it.

Independent Characters podcast if you're into nerdy dads talking about the game and the hobby.

Revisionist History podcast by Malcolm Gladwell is pop-history/sociology/economics/etc. that's been pretty interesting in the first few episodes. It's American history mostly though so sorry UK/Ausfriends.
>>
>>48264358
The Watchful Shards
>>
File: tumblr_nesrw2ABEN1sshw1lo1_1280.png (167 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nesrw2ABEN1sshw1lo1_1280.png
167 KB, 600x703
>>48264358
White and green you say?
>>
>>48264524
thanks for the reply, I'll go check them out.

>It's American history mostly though so sorry UK/Ausfriends.
That's alright, 50% of Canadian news are american stories, totally unrelated to us, so we're used to it.
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (20 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
20 KB, 400x500
>>48264479
Hmmm.

I could reference their colors (picture).

The Verdant Commensals?
>>
>>48264557
\[T]/
>>
>>48264577
Sounds cool to me!
>>
>>48264364
I like this. Thank you, anon.
>>
Ok GW! Enough is enough! It's time you confronted the biggest and greatest problem with your entire company's business model!

...Why is it so damn hard to find your newest plastic techpriest model? You'd think you could at least get it to show up in the freaking search bar!

:P
>>
>>48264712
Try "tech priest" rather than "techpriest"

Does their search stink? Yes
>>
So I recently got a good commission from work and I was thinking about starting a second army.

Right now I have ~3000 pts ungeared of Dark Eldar and Harlequins.

I was looking to buy a Space Marine Battle Company since their fluff has grown on me. Specifically the Iron Hands chapter.

Discussing it with some of the Space Marine players around the shop they tried to talk me out of it.

I wanted to do 6 squads of 5 Tacticals in Razorbacks, a Chaplain and captain with a minorly buffed assault squad and two minimal Devastator units. After that either the Armoured task force or Storm Wing formation for the auxillary but I cant really choose,
>>
>>48265008

It's a good formation. As auxiliary Stormwing is nuts and kinda impressive looking. I'd say go for it.
>>
Thoughts on my foot sisters list?
+++ New Roster (1000pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (880pts) ++

No Force Org Slot (50pts) +
Ministorum Priest (50pts) [Combi-Flamer, Laspistol, The Litanies of Faith]

HQ (235pts) +
Saint Celestine (135pts)
Uriah Jacobus, Protector of the Faith (100pts)

Troops (260pts) +
Battle Sister Squad (130pts) [7x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer] Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]
Battle Sister Squad (130pts) [7x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer] Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]

Fast Attack (335pts) +
Dominion Squad (115pts) [Dominion, 2x Dominion with Meltagun, Dominion with Simulacrum Imperialis] Dominion Superior [Combi-Melta, Combi-Plasma]
Dominion Squad (115pts) [Dominion, 2x Dominion with Meltagun, Dominion with Simulacrum Imperialis] Dominion Superior [Combi-Melta, Combi-Plasma]
Seraphim Squad (105pts) [2x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers] Seraphim Superior [Bolt Pistol, Bolt Pistol]

++ Fortifications and Stronghold Assault (2013) (Fortification Detachment) (120pts) ++
Fortification (120pts) +
Aegis Defense Line (120pts) [Gun Emplacement with Quad-gun, Tanglewire, Tank Traps]
>>
So I tried using the creation tables to aid me in fleshing out muh Craftworld and some of these results confuse me.
>Craftworld Ids'Hadedin
>Found in M31
>biome is urban and a tundra
>common path is Seer
>below strength
> most favored units are Wraiths
>ranged combat is based
>loves Banshees and Fire Dragons
>greatest hero is a Warp Spider Autarch
>Warp Spider Exarch slew hundreds of marheens to repel Imperial invaders >disposable allies: Necrons?
>most hated enemy is Nids
I guess the below strength thing fits with some fluff I made involving the Craftworld getting defiled by a Sorcerer, but the Cron thing confuses me. What I'm going for here is eugenic Eldar germaphobes with Imperium levels of paranoia and superstition, but how can I make the Cron "allies" work with this?
>>
>>48265396
as i recall even the eldar have forgotten about the war with the necrons. in a dire situtation metal dudes are preferable to daemons i guess?
>>
>>48265435
They probably have a genetic hatred for Crons. I guess Necrons are pretty clean save for the Flayed Ones, and they can make an entire planet clean of life like the Nids can.
>>
Just yesterday I was having a game at the GW with my Raptors versus Ultramarines. At some point during the game my librarian got perils of the warp, and rolled a 6 to get "WARP SURGE".

At that very moment I announced that my librarian is now warp surging, the GW's power cut out. We all ran under the assumption that the librarian's warp surge shorted out the building's power.
>>
>>48265555

Power surge continues with the form of quads!

You better embrace the power, anon. Now or never.
>>
>>48265435

Ward retconned Alaitoc to be the "NECRONS ARE COMING, GUYS, SRSLY THIS IS BAD" force, I believe.

>>48265396

My take on it would be something like this:
They're not actually allies, hence the "disposable" bit. They prefer to send the Imperium to their deaths against the Necrons, or vice versa, to soften up either one as their next foe. They do this through the extensive use of Eldrad-tier dickery/moving pebbles around on random worlds so 150 years later a guy will stub his toe on it and decide to go to a planet that is actually a tomb world. The reason they have so many Wraiths is that this sometimes backfires, and getting trapped in between space nuns and space skellingtons is not exactly the best place to be. As a bonus, the Necrons tend to cleanse disgusting mon-keigh germ carriers from their planets, and the stupid mon-keigh are easy to manipulate. Since they're dicks like that, the Craftworld assume everyone else is at least trying to be Tzeetch-tier as well, hence the paranoia.
>>
>>48265589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJKx1XDBqNo
> MFW
>>
File: Perils of the Warp.jpg (98 KB, 2152x1344) Image search: [Google]
Perils of the Warp.jpg
98 KB, 2152x1344
>>48265555
Quads confirm. Your libby needs to learn how to not destroy light bulbs.
>>48265605
>Since they're dicks like that, the Craftworld assume everyone else is at least trying to be Tzeetch-tier as well, hence the paranoia.
>mfw my Craftworld thinks some hillbilly IG commander using human wave tactics is actually trying to trick them
Originally the paranoia was coming from a second apocalypse for Eldar like the Fall, but that works even better.
>>
>>48265671

I forgot to mention the 'nids part in that little spiel up there, but you already noted
>I guess Necrons are pretty clean save for the Flayed Ones, and they can make an entire planet clean of life like the Nids can.

So I mean it makes sense that they'd also send 'crons to murder Tyranids whenever possible. The only issue I can think of is that the bugs actually avoid tomb worlds whenever possible, but with enough pebble-moving or whatever anything is possible.

It's canon that most craftworlds have more than one enemy anyway. For example, Iyanden fought chaosfags, Orks, and Tyranids in rapid succession between M38 and M41, whereas Alaitoc fought Necrons and the Imperium for a long time (forget dates).
>>
>>48265765
>So I mean it makes sense that they'd also send 'crons to murder Tyranids whenever possible. The only issue I can think of is that the bugs actually avoid tomb worlds whenever possible, but with enough pebble-moving or whatever anything is possible.
I think Nids avoid Crons unless the Crons start the fight. SO I guess my Craftworld could set events in motion where the Necrons do all of the dirty work in pest control?
>>
So /tg/,

As a side project for my Spess Muhrines I'm making a Nid army. I'm planning on running it in more relaxed games and Highlander tournies our group has every once in a while. On my Highlander list I'm planning on having a lot of different monstrous creatures but I really can't decide which ones to go for. So far I have Tervigon, Exocrine and Carnifex. Which one I should get next? I guess flyrant so my list will have at least some teeth.
>>
>>48265912

Exactly.
Successful pest control and mon-keigh manipulation maneuvers should be colloquially referred to as "Happenings" tbqh, based on your craftworld and farseer's names
>>
What's a "Highlander" tournament? Is it like some sort of one loss elimination where you need to kill the enemy warlord?
>>
>>48265765
>3 Enemies
>Over 3000 years
>"Rapid succession"

The timescale of Warhammer is so strange sometimes.
>>
>>48265986

Highlander as in "there can only be one". You're limited to have only one unit of any specific unit. Some formats allow three of the same troop choices though.
>>
>>48265986
Highlander is a format where you can't take the same unit twice. "There can only be one."
>>
On a scale of 1 to 10 how lazy is it that I'm paying a guy at my LGS to strip my models and reprime them for me.
>>
>>48266042
9/10 only because picking up the bottle of stripping chemical and then having to empty it is HAAAAAAAAAARD WOOOORK
>>
>>48266015

I probably fucked the time scale up, I was just guessing that it was in that frame. IIRC at least two of those happened very quickly after each other. But yeah, the time scale is kind of silly and not always consistent because there are so many authors. There's also things like the Immaterium making time pretty pointless, so a Daemon who comes back 1000 years later to kill your great great great (etc) grandson because you banished him probably feels it was like 5 minutes (or maybe 5 bajillion trillion years, I don't know).

>>48266042

8/10
Could be paying him to paint them too I guess
>>
>>48266015
Space is also fucking enormous. At a brisk roughly 3 billion times the speed of light, or 945425495548800000 meters per second, you can go from one end of the milky way to the other in a whopping 1000 days.

40k only takes place in 'the entirety' of the milky way galaxy. So scale is enormous.
>>
>>48266042
50/50, some lack space/time/effort and some do it better. i expect 'your dudes" anon to come by and shit on you though
>>
File: It's happening.gif (425 KB, 1221x850) Image search: [Google]
It's happening.gif
425 KB, 1221x850
>>48265960
I like your thinking. Disasters for the Craftworld and all Eldar kind should probably be called "Greater Happenings". The Greatest Happening being the Fall, and the Great Happening being how a Chaos Sorcerer I call Pentos the (Glowing) Butcher.
>>
>>48266101
>defiled the Craftworld and lived to tell about it.
I forgot to add.
>>
Anyone know where to find rules for the Doomglaive dreadnought?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (831 KB, 1318x1726) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
831 KB, 1318x1726
>>48266168
IA 2.
>>
>>48266244
that's a bit out of date
>>
>>48266427
Tough shit, those are the rules.
>>
File: Photo 06-09-15 9 31 45.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Photo 06-09-15 9 31 45.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>Going back to 40k
>Bringing back my Old Black Templars.
>No codex...
>Fine use new toys
>No Librarian still... Ok fine.
>Special character still kind of suck
>Chaplain, no Rosarium for a 4++
>No longer can I have the Emperor's Champion 2 other HQ.
>Still can make my traditional 6 20 man strong squads.
>Really no 4++ for Chaplains?

>Fuck it lets use my old Sister of Battle.
>No codex only digital... Ok what ever.
>Nothing new, stuff missing from the previous one.

What the flying fuck GW, why do you hate your overzealous, religious fanatics, heretic and witch hating and Purging Boys and Girls?
>>
>>48266629
Have you considered just using Codex: Space Marines to play SoB? I mean they're meant to be essentially female space marines with a fire fetish. And plus you get access to fun stuff like the Gladius, and a whole host of characters from which to steal statlines from to make your own.
>>
>>48266629
well, the game does favor psykers...
>>
File: 1452626555606.jpg (389 KB, 628x1200) Image search: [Google]
1452626555606.jpg
389 KB, 628x1200
>>48264172
weeb animu music
I play IG
>>
>>48266101

I like it, anon. Not over the top memery, but still fun. Good luck with your space elves.
>>
>>48266674
30 bloody Repentias and 6 Penitent.

I was hoping for something new.

Did they really remove the classical ++4 save from Chaplains? Or I'm missing something in the over a billion different rulebooks for the same bloody army.
>>
File: 1453677794645.jpg (219 KB, 1134x1001) Image search: [Google]
1453677794645.jpg
219 KB, 1134x1001
How does a lover of ork fluff go about making an army without giving into the despair of having a absolutely trash codex?

As much as I love orks winning on occasions isn't bad either.
>>
>>48266816
rosarius still give 4++ but i couldn't tell you anything about templars besides that vanilla gives them a boost
>>
>>48266762

I don't understand this comic.
>>
>>48266849
>claims to love the fluff
>whines about how bad the army is

I have a fluffy 100% assault space marine army and it's complete garbage but I don't give a shit because unlike you fakers, I actually love the models and fluff more than I like winning.
>>
>>48266910
Then I'm missing where the fuck it is. Damn it.
>>
>>48266799
Thank you, Anon. Maybe once I get done with the other writefaggotry I've been meaning to get done, I can do some about muh Craftworld.
>>
>>48266693
Guess Inquisition, Black Templars and Sisters of Battle are returning.

3 HQ and 6 troops.. Well that is going to be interesting.

Also why does 40k have action figure robots everywhere now? Apocalypse was not good enough?
>>
How do I beat Dark Angels with Grey Knights? Guy runs ~10 plasma black knights, a Landraider, couple 5 man deathwing squads, Belial, some big landspeeder thing with plasma cannons, Ezekial at 1850. What do I do? The Blackknights are brutally maneuverable and hard hitting. His terminators rape mine. I can't take down the landraider, and the plasma cannon speeder rapes me. His re-rolling 3+ jinks are insane. Regardless, we tied our last game though because he didn't grab some objectives he could have and decided to charge his BlackKnights into my terminators, but next game he will rape me for sure and play correctly.

What do?
>>
>>48267127
>Also why does 40k have action figure robots everywhere now?
they are trying to market to children. see : tau.
>Apocalypse was not good enough?
apparently not
>>
>>48267127

Because faggots keep buying them. Isn't that fucking obvious? Use your damn brain for once. It's the same reason there's so many marines.
>>
File: Darker Angel.jpg (96 KB, 1041x713) Image search: [Google]
Darker Angel.jpg
96 KB, 1041x713
>>48267235
>What do?

Be glad you aren't facing pure Ravenwing with Black Knight spam and multiple Dark Shrouds. 2+ Jinksave and you cant overwatch when they assault you.

Use the new powers to make a more durable deathstar. I don't know them names of the powers but it certainly helped the GK I have faced.

You could also get that FW Knight that has a fuckhuge flamethrower.

>tfw I kill a Dreadknight in overwatch
>>
>>48266629
Chaplains still have their 4+ invuln, what are you reading that says they don't?
>>
>>48266919
In the followup she dies and they hulk out and kill everything if I'm remembering right.
>>
>>48264172
Well the Miniwargaming crew, naturally. Their narrative campaigns are especially fun because they purposefully eschew balanced lists for glorious fluff!
Strikingscorpian is okay but he uses too many transitions and not enough real-time rolling for my taste. Plus his voice is ASMR so bad I run the risk of faceplanting on my freshly painted miniatures every time he opens his mouth.
Then there's anjetto1. Also okay. Plays sisters so that's unique.
And whatever else I find on youtube.
>>
>>48267435
Found it, had a mental fart when reading it. Went to battlesribe to check and they didn't had it. So I panic. It is GW stupid shit is bound to happen.
>>
>>48267385
Do you play Ravenwing?

I have the Dark Vengeance set with everything painted but playing the regular Space Marines I could borrow from my friend was a bit boring.

Ravenwing seems way more fun. Could you share what you would bring for 1000pts?
>>
>>48267385
His black knights got slaughtered when he assaulted me. I breathed a sigh of relief when he decided to. It's the only thing that kept me in the game.

The real problem was him outshooting me hardcore. Like, everything he had either had a 2 up or a 3+ reroll jink. I may have to bring a flyer next time.
>>
Tell me about your army's model with the most kills or the greatest story.
>>
Just how bad is the land raider and it's different variants? I'm extremely tempted to buy one, as I love the model and am a rather big tread head, but I've haven't heard good things about them. At the same time, my meta isn't too competitive, so I don't know if it would be as horrible as it's made out to be in my meta.
Also, which variant is the best one?
>>
>>48266427
IA 2 has a 2nd edition that is considered current.
>>
>>48267591
>1000pts?

Depends who I am facing. Pure Ravenwing is a fickle thing and being such an "elite" army with its low model count makes it even more vulnerable at lower points.

The go to tactic for any point value for me though is either my Techmarine or Interrogator Chaplain on bike. Tech gets a ServoPack and the Chap takes the DA's Mace of Redemption.
Putting those HQs with a command squad of Black Knights with an Apothecary and Banner Bearer makes a good mobile unit that shoots well and can hold its own against non-assault oriented units.

~400pts with HQs and 6 black knights

The Ravenwing Support Squadron with a Darkshroud and three double heavy bolter landspeeders. This formation has strafing run and can overwatch with other units within 24".
Around 245pts

Two units of thee regular bikers gives you two grav guns and a combi grav for 115 each.

Then a Multi Melta Attack Bike with a Double Multimelta Landspeeder ends up around 175 but provides a serious anti armour threat. If they do not bring armor you gve the bike Heavy Bolter and the landspeeder a Typhoon Missile System to provide more range and anti-horde support.
>>
Can someone please break down detachments, formations, combined arms, etc? I haven't played in 15 years.

Am I right in thinking you can't do stuff like make a formation with specific units that also happen to be a detachment to get two sets of cool rules? Is combined arms just a fancy way of saying "using the super old force org chart to make my army how I please"?
>>
File: 2016-06-18 11.48.07.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18 11.48.07.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>>48267665
My brotherhood champion does work even though hes a bad codex choice. He killed an autarch, a bunch of warp spiders, and striking scorpions in my game vs eldar. In my game against dark angels he killed the black knight sergeant in a challenge. He always ends up doing work.
>>
>>48267620
He was an idiot for assaulting you with them.

If anything when I have to get my black knights tied up in assault I try to have them run at me in hopes I can overwatch with the Plasma and 21 Heavy bolter shots of the nearby support squadron. Then I hope I win the combat and can hit and run away.

Really only my command squad assaults anything other than basic troops.

Fliers are a problem for ravenwing as they lack decent anti air.

Darkshrouds would have given him 2+ jinks on the black knight and at least prevented overwatch in any assaults he made.
>>
>>48267451
you're not; she dies but it does inspire the men to victory
>>
>>48266244
Thanks mate.
>>
>>48267789
Then I'll take my flyer.
>>
>>48267722
That is the second edition, which was made back in 6th.
>>
>>48267666
Well Satan, it depends on your meta and how much high strength anti-tank is around. They are expensive points wise for being an up-armoured troop transport, but it does have its uses.

Standard isn't the best, since it's twin-linked lascannons don't usually do too much. And it has the smallest transport capacity.

Crusader is considered the best, since it can carry the most. It also has hurricane bolters to do some damage to squishy targets in rapid fire range.

The Redeemer is the fire one. It's capacity is in between the Standard and Crusader, and it comes with AP3 flamers on its sponsons. This is my personal favorite, but I play Salamanders so it's a theme thing for me.

If you like them, and don't have to worry about an overly competitive meta, you can get some use out of a Land Raider.
>>
>>48267665

Sgt. Plinker, from one of my Vet squads (IG). Motherfucker got his name cos across, like, two or three games, his squad would shoot at Tyranid MCs.

Lasguns go, 1-2 wounds
special weapons go, got them down to 1 wound
Sgt Plinker goes with his laspistol, 6 to hit, 6 to wound, they fail their save(s).
>>
>>48264172
either >>48264302 or Kraftwerk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3vb95TRdE
My army is Skit-Mech so it's somewhat appropriate
>>
>>48267666
Take 3 Centurions, or some Death Company and let them assault something.
>>
>>48267798
>>48266244

Hey, speaking of, what would the Ld malediction translate to in 7th edition? Forcing 5+ to cast powers for enemies within 12"?
>>
>>48267761
Formations are premade lists that offer buffs. A formation is a detachment.
>>
I like the idea of a 10th Company Task force.

Are snipers worth it or should I give the scouts bolters?
>>
Would DE be slightly less shitty in any way if Kabalites/Scourges could take Disintegrators or a similar salvo weapon as heavy weapon choices along side Dark lances,splinter cannons,etc.?
>>
>>48265986
>>48266031
>>48266034

This sounds great. What is the downside to this?

Sounds like it balances a lot of shit. Spamming ruins the game.
>>
>>48268256
Hell, throw Reavers on that list, too.
>>
>>48263823

Can you only perform a Tank Shock in the movement phase? I can't find anywhere in the rulebook, RAW, that says it cannot be performed in the Shooting Phase with a Flat Out movement.

Note I do see the point where it says it cannot perform a Flat Out move in the shooting phase AFTER it tank shocks, but no where does it say it can't do a Flat Out to tank shock.
>>
does anyone have the chart which has all the start collecting boxes and analyzes which ones are good by color coding good units and tax units?
>>
>>48268257
oh anon, the game has more problems then spamming units or formations

>>48268256
DE need a way to hit harder, a couple of guns is a start. they should be the opposite of necrons who are sturdy but don't hit hard. you should be reeling from their attacks instead of laughing them off and shooing off their paper skimmers
>>
>>48268312
Yes it does, but wouldn't you rather eliminate some problems than no problems?

No duplicate unit entries + everyone is in a CAD. No other detachments or formations. Only units that you can duplicate are BASIC troops, not bullshit troops. Tacticals, Fire Warriors, Guardians, Gaunts, Boyz
>>
>>48268298
>Tank Shock Restrictions pg 92 in SRB

"A vehicle that Tank Shocked cannot Flat Out later in the turn."

and on pg 75:

"A tank cannot move Flat Out in the same turn that it performs a Tank Shock."
>>
>>48267761
Detachments limit the number and kind of soldier in your army in exchange for a bonus. For example, the Combined Arms Detachment (CAD), which 15 years ago was probably just "your army" limits you to 2 HQ choices, 6 troops, three elites, three fast attacks, and three heavy supports. But also a minimum of 1 HQ and 2 Troops. In exchange for limiting yourself to this list, you get "Objective Secured" for all your troops choices in the CAD. This lets you not only contest a point owned by an enemy player, it lets you steal the point right under his nose!

Other detachments exist. But a Formation is a detachment with more exact specifications. For example, a formation might require "3 Leman Russes and a Leman Russ Commander" wereas a detachment says "0-3 heavy support slots" or something to that effect.

At least that's how I understand it. Its even more confusing if your imperial guard because then you get a detachment MADE OF formations.
>>
>>48268257
>What is the downside to this?
Many Mid and low tier armies can only hope to be competitive through spamming, while top tier armies are still very much so top teir in that format. Arguably even more so, given that almost everyone except the holy trinity needs to field more than one of certian unit types to be competitive.
>>
>>48268396
what is the holy trinity
>>
>>48268450
Tau, Necron, Eldar? Just a guess
>>
>>48268373
sorry but final destination, fox only, no items is kinda boring. tone down psychic powers and shooting then we'll be on the same page
>>
>>48268450
Imperial Guard,Imperial Guard,Imperial Guard
>>
>>48268450
Eldar, Space marines, and ussually tau, though realistically, tournament results would put chaos daemons in the postion of the holy ghost.

And in highlander, all 4 of those armies are still top tier. Hell, daemons can basically say "fuck your rules, i'm summoning a unit of horrors to sacrifice them selves to summon a D-thirster. And then i'll do it again."
>>
>>48268459
Nah, necrons are still high tier, but not bearly to the level of marines and eldar.

Tau are very very powerful, but they don't really win tournaments.
>>
>>48263823
Aren't only Superheavies supposed to be able to tank shock gargantuan creatures?
>>
>>48268556
Are IG, Orc and Sisters the only armies you can play these days and not be a fgt? DE too I guess but they are always fgts.
>>
>>48268571
That's ITC rules.
>>
>>48268459
>marine player in denial detected

SM are tied for first strongest codex, deal with it faggots
>>
>>48268181
Snipers are only worth it if you want an ineffective weapon. I play Raven Guard and its fairly fluff focused. Only wounding on 4+ hurts, but getting the possibility of Precision Shots AND Rending is always fun.
>>
>>48268587
You can play any army and be a faggot.
And play any army and not be a faggot.

Faggotry comes from the person, not the army.
>>
>>48268603
Fuck Space Marines and double fuck the emperor.
>>
>>48268603
Why would anyone be in denial. Marines are in a very good place. Able to be the top tier of the top teir, yet also have the option to creat fluffly lists that aren't still completely over powered.
Unlike eldar, who have to put more work into making a list that is only moderately powerful than they do into making a tournament winning list.
Besides, only tau fags deny that their army is top tier. Marine players will freely admit it, it just doesn't get brought up that much, because most players have a marine army of some flavor
>>
>>48268396
How strict are these tournies? Are we talking "Only one Leman Russ and one hellhound" or "Only one Leman Russ Vanquisher, only one Leman Russ Battle Tank, only one hellhound, and only one Bane wolf"

And for platoons: Do I get only one platoon, or only one guardsmen squad? Because a platoon needs two guardsmen squads and you can't take a guardsmen squad alone unless they're veterans.
>>
>>48268256
>>48268312
The fix for Dark Eldar is just to use the Eldar Corsairs codex.
>>
>>48268450
Heavy Bolters, Flamers and Meltaguns
>>
>>48268706
>don't take wraithknights, warp spiders or jetbikes
>the army is still very good but easily beatable

this is the truth of the matter, people just have a hivemind hate for eldar regardless
>>
>>48268786
definitely the right answer
>>
>>48268519
>"fuck your rules, i'm summoning a unit of horrors to sacrifice them selves to summon a D-thirster. And then i'll do it again."
Summon and Sacrifice? Sounds like the Yu-gi-oh TV show
>>
>>48268770
One unit usually means what you see on one datasheet. So you can bring Pask along with one Leman Russ squadron with 3 models, a Vulture squadron with two models, etc.
>>
>>48268622
I agree. Some armies attract faggots more than others though.
>>
>>48268866
Only because they're good right now.
Or in the case of the flavors of power armor, because their the poster-boys, and as such atract more of everything compared to everyone else.
>>
>>48268603
>marines don't need to field more than one of certain unit types

This only applies to bikes. Battle Company and gravstar both have to use 2+ unit types. Even Eldar and Tau have to use more than just one unit type.

Honestly "hur dur the army only has one unit" really only applies to Space Wolves and Warp Spider builds.
>>
>>48268866
yeah, like eldar.
>>
>>48269063
Grav spam can be done easily with only one of each unit. Devs take 4, cents can take 6, sterngaurd can take two, and tacs can take 1. And that's just cannons. All the different flavors of grav results in a whole lot more.
SMASHFUCKER requires no unit repeats.
As you said, bikes don't either.
Drop pods are good even if it's just one.
Superfriends still does really really well without unit repeats
Not to mention all the units that become quite viable due to the fundamental changes in the meta.
>>
>>48267666
It's grav, lance and haywire that kill Land raiders, so if your meta lacks those you're good to go.
>>
File: tater titan 6.jpg (260 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
tater titan 6.jpg
260 KB, 1600x1200
Going to be taking my new Stompa out against my buddies. Looking at a 2000-point list. Feedback is appreciated.

Cult of Spud (1999 pts)

HQ
Warboss w/ mega armor, Da Lucky Stikk, attack squig (145 pts)
Big Mek w/ 'Eavy armor, Shokk Attack Gun, gitfinda (94 pts)

TROOPS
14x shoota boyz w/ 'eavy armor, 1 boy w/ big shoota, Boss Nob w/ Big Choppa (194 pts)
10x gretchin w/ runtherd (35 pts)

ELITES
8x Kommandos, 1 big shoota kommando, 1 burna kommando, Boss Nob w/ Big Choppa (145 pts)

3x Mega Nobs (one with killsaws) (130 pts)

12x Tankbustas, Boss Nob w/ big choppa (184 pts)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Battlewagon w/ 3x rokkit launchas, extra armor (135 pts)
5x Lootas w/ 3 Meks (112 pts)

LORD OF WAR
Stompa w/ grot riggers (800 pts)

NO ORG SLOT
Mek w/ grot oiler, rokkit launcha (25 pts)

The plan is to have the warlord, meganobs, and lootas in the Stompa. Lootas shoot out the firing ports, meks make repair rolls, and warlord/meganobz pile out and kill stuff.

Tankbustas ride in the battlewagon, shoot transports and such. The non-org Mek goes in the battlewagon with them. Kommandos kommando. Big Mek sits in the back behind a blob of grots. Shoota 'ardboyz try to sit on objectives.

My friends know they'll fight orks, so they tend to tailor their lists toward blob-killing armored units. Chimeras with heavy flamers, etc.
>>
File: WorldEatersSmashSMFags.png (2 MB, 751x1021) Image search: [Google]
WorldEatersSmashSMFags.png
2 MB, 751x1021
I've won 5 straight games with my Zerk based KDK army against WAAC Space Marines, Necrons, and Tau

Explain to me again how Zerks and Chaos sucks
>>
>>48269350
Individual experiences differ from group perceptions.
My dreadnought-heavy army stands quite well on its own.
>>
>>48267666
If you want more dakka with your Land Raider, take a Redeemer from the Inquisition codex and spend 20 points for Psybolt and Psyflame ammunition. Now your Flamestorm Cannons and Assault Cannons are Strength 7.
>>
>>48269342
that stompa is adorable, idk what is about ork mechs but they all look cute as of late
>>
>>48268783
I would love to but I somehow have to convince my friend group that they're not "as bad or worse than Craftworld cheese". Simply because Corsairs get wargear from both at sometimes cheaper point costs and that they have OP psyker powers.
>>
>>48269350
You're playing against retards and/or you're a tactical/strategic genius
>>
>>48269389
Not really on either one. Space Marine guy wins local tournies all the time. My Berzerkers are in rhinos. RHINOS.
>>
>>48269379
None of that Wargear is D-weapons, though. And can Corsairs even take scatbikes?
>>
>>48269376
it's a mr.potato head you dip
>>
/oldtau/ here
what happened in that tau had to go full gundam?

The only reason I started back in 4th edition was because tau seemed like the most reasonable and fresh civ in all of 40k

>nongrimdark in 40k

I get that, but tank squads + tacticool future tech vs. everything else seemed awesome
>>
I love both tempestus and skitarii

I currently have a few IG - should I go with IG/temestus elites or skitarii with IG detachment?
>>
>>48269411
Yeah. Cloud Dancer Bands can choose from Dark Lance, Dissonance Cannon, Scatter Laser, Shuri-cannon, Splinter Cannon, and TL Shuri-Catapult.

90pts for 3 bikes with scatlasers.

>>48269460
I wish the update would've thrown them more towards Xeno-Alliance faction rather than Gundams.
>>
>>48269460
>what happened in that tau had to go full gundam?
The riptide went over very well
GW decided that Battlesuits would be the Tau's big shtick
>>
>>48269460
People brought more gundams than tanks and kroot.
>>
>>48269460
mechs sell

on the fluff side there's an engineer that became genre savvy so he made a big suit against orders, used some prototypes in a big battle, his suits won the battle and now he's able to build even more suits
>>
>>48269472
Use the Start Collecting formations.
>>
>>48269460
They are very tacticool. To the point of
>"Psh... For the greater good Guela"
>Invents 20 different hard counter technology to something just used on them
>50 yearold max blueberries start outflying 500+ year old pilots
>missiles your titans in space
>>
realistically, how much of a change up in gameplay do you think 8th will bring?

I for one hope they make the game less of a slog. Streamlining things would give the game more capacity for fun.

Otherwise, I hope they fix the powerlevel between creatures and vehicles. I love the idea of pinning in terms of setting the stage and RP, but in practice its so shit compared to boring wounds and armour saves
>>
>>48269527
>>missiles your titans in space
To be fair that's a very good way of killing titans
Only how Tau are going to get set up for orbital bombardment is beyond me. Even in the new fluff the Imperial Navy trashes Tau fleets.
>>
File: 1452054151225.gif (894 KB, 440x248) Image search: [Google]
1452054151225.gif
894 KB, 440x248
>>48269551
>buffs to assault
>>
>>48269515
Let us all pray that he bankrupts his race just to push his fetish on them.
>>
>>48269600
>>48269551
nerf ranged attack

>including AT

All problems solved.
>>
>>48269554
Oh it was simple. The navy just wasnt there. It was just 4 titan carriers in the middle of space which somehow had no escorts or any defences.
>>
>>48269666
I don't know about that Satan, I chicks dig giant robots.
>>
>>48269554
I'm unfamiliar with the fluff, but couldn't the missile be launched from the ground/afar?
>>
>>48269697
Ever heard "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions"? I'll be seeing every Tau here soon because they want chicks to dig their zog off Battlesuits.
>>
Hey /tg/,

I know a new player who wants to get 500pts of Slaaneshi daemons going. I only really know DE well when it comes to the current edition, so I'm not 100% certain what to suggest - but just a starting point, could any daemon players recommend whether it'd be better to go with a CAD or roll with the Grand Cavalcade? Would appreciate a bit of list advice.
>>
>>48269460

The gundams sold well so GW retconned the anti-titan flyers into "not being good enough" but copying giant Imperial mechs worked well to fight...other giant Imperial mechs.
>>
>>48269136

Have fun making a legal list with only one type of grav unit or putting the same exact shit like tacticals in drop pods. Even gravstar needs the deathstar with grav itself, psykers, and a troop tax.
>>
>>48269878

Daemonettes, Seekers, Be'lakor if he's willing to take him, and winged Daemon Princes.

The KoS doesn't have wings so it's not that preferable but I guess it's kinda playable?

Ideally Slaanesh does best with Khorne Flesh Hounds or with Tzeentch psykers. You are also crippled if you don't take the mandatory Fateweaver.

Cavalcade isn't bad but the bonuses are all sort of win more overkill on a unit that doesn't really need it. You'd much rather have the utility of your CAD slots such as HQ and troops rather than just spam maximum seekers.
>>
>>48269697
i like the magus xlr reference. I don't like tau being all about suits though.
>>
>>48268519
someone on /tg/ acknowledging the strength of daemons, what sorcery is this

is the secret finally out
>>
>>48269350
KDK is a very good army potentially, I can believe it wins some games against top codices, but the berzerkers probably aren't doing most of the heavy lifting
>>
>>48269350
what's your list and what do you do in your games
>>
>>48270240
Tzeentch Daemons are my third main army. Though I'm a huge flufffag, that army has done really well in tourneys for me. And the new decurion has only made it even better
>>
What is the smallest chapter in 40k?
>>
>>48269954
I take it this isn't an ideal starting list then? Are rewards even worth taking on Alluresses?

KoS + Greater Reward + ML3 + Soulstealer: 260
10 Daemonettes + Alluress + Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade): 124
9 Daemonettes + Alluress + Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade): 115
499/500pts
>>
>>48270416
The Invaders.

They only have 11 members currently. Unfortunately the exact members haven't been said, so I'll never be able to satisfy my autism and build their entire chapter.
>>
>>48269350
well in my experience they are quite good, but god damn i love hellbrutes even more, i field the 5 pack and make the hellbrute champion my warlord, shit's good, firing 10 plasma cannons is a little cheese but i play againts necrons
>>
>>48270529
do you use the dataslate where a helbrute has a cultist following?
>>
Didn't like the amount of small fiddly bits modeling dark eldar vehicles

Time to pick a new race to try and a new unit or model to paint. Start collecting boxes are a bit too much for me so I only want to start with one thing.

But which race?
>>
>>48270600
just file 'em off

run a battle damaged fleet that barely survives via piracy

play dark eldar serenity
>>
>>48270600
>Start collecting boxes are a bit too much for me

What?

They're like literally the most easy and accessible way into 40k in the entire history of the franchise, ever.

Or did you mean like you just want to pick up one single kit?
>>
>>48270436

You're going to lose to any serious 500 lists like 100 Conscripts, dual Riptide, Wraithknight, Imperial Knight, or even basic bolter spam with a single heavy firepower unit.
>>
>>48270436
If you're playing at 500 points make your HQ a budget one, not one that takes half your points. Save that big HQ for full sized games.

Also split your troops into minimum size squads. If you want more troops take more squads instead of making your two required squads larger. This way you can do something like 1 cheap HQ, 2-4 small Daemonette squads, then even start spamming Seeker squads or take a large group of Seekers.
>>
>>48270240

Daemons have always been a top army /tg/ is just bad at the game. They have never not been synonymous in power level to things like Necrons. Just because they aren't as in your face as Tau and Eldar or as common as Space Marines I guess people forget about them, but any player who has any sort of awareness knows Daemons are a top army. 7E is the psychic edition and Tzeentch is the top psychic army by far, until Angels of Death came along.
>>
>>48270701
What sort of loadout would you recommend for a Slaaneshi herald at 500?
>>
>>48270732
stock
>>
>>48270732

Unless you want to use the model only for small games and then use it as a Dameonette or something in large games, your Herald needs a Slaanesh mount, as well as traveling with bodyguards.

Honestly that's all you can afford at 500 but if you want psychic mastery is always good and she has some okay locis and a good weapon. Chariot is also okay for big games. A loaded up HoS is pretty good but it's not Fateweaver or HoT good.
>>
1850 Guard list

CCS, Chimera with nets, dozer, 3 flamers and a heavy flamer

3x meltavets, chimeras with dozer blades and heavy flamers, grenadiers
Vets with meltaguns, Grenadiers and Demo, Shotguns for the rest of them

Valk with MRP
Vulture with Punisher cannons, armoured cockpit

2 Wyvern, camo netting

Stormsword, lascannons, heavy bolters
>>
File: frog says stop.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
frog says stop.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
>>48269551
>"streamline"

FUCK. OFF.

I've seen too many franchises ruined by this, which could also be called "Skyrimizing". These days it's "good game design" to strip everything down to minimalism, absolutely goddamn cancer for reasons I shouldn't have to explain.
>>
>>48270449
Celestial Lions
They have 1
>>
>>48271000

Skyrim was a good game and is by far the most popular and successful title in the series and even all of Bethesda at the moment, eclipsing even newer entries like TESO and FO4.

Although I would have preferred a remastered Oblivion, but whatever. You probably want Morrowind back or something so your opinion is garbage.

40k is being ruined because of its complexity. It's not dying, but it's certainly not improving. 7E is garbage, and 3E streamlined the game from RT and 2E to great success if you were even around to remember that. 5E's simple and streamlined core rules made the best balanced system in 40k's history, ruined only by Wardex power creep.

There's no way you could possibly think allies, infinite detachments, formations, formations within formations, codex supplements, campaign supplements, escalation, entire new psychic game phase, entire new flyer game phase, fortifications and planetstrike, fortification networks, removing unique USRs in an attempt to streamline then reverting on that stance, attempting to nerf CSM and DA in 6E and then reverting on that stance, free units from formations, free wargear from formations, 290 point gargantuan creatures, D weapons, deathstars, psychic deathstars, invisibility, phase form, battle brother abuse, shifting ally charts every edition, the need for 1000+ FAQ questions, multiple drafts for a single FAQ, etc is good for the game.

And I'm not even done, son, there's plenty more where that came from, it just wasn't worth listing all the reasons why you're fucking retarded and full of shit, almost as full of shit as 7E's bloated ruleset is.
>>
>>48271101
>Remastered Oblivion
Someone who agrees with me for once.
>>
File: frustration.gif (741 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
frustration.gif
741 KB, 500x260
>>48269551
>Streamlining

Ex fantasy player here, please please please don't make this a mantra to aspire to.

AoS already proved how that can utterly ruin a setting/game.

8th hopefully will tone down the auto win powers and give a buff to melee, something like, I don't know. Not random charge ranges, sadly they have sneaked in patchwork fixes to the random range in some codexes so I doubt it will happen.
>>
>>48271101
>Skyrim was a good game

stopped reading there

not even memeing. there's a solid probability that if you have this opinion you're fucking legit stupid and that I shouldn't read the rest of the post, goodbye
>>
File: 1436797286549.jpg (52 KB, 535x437) Image search: [Google]
1436797286549.jpg
52 KB, 535x437
5 SoB with flamer and heavy flamer in an immolator for 135 points or 10 SoB with flamer and heavy flamer in a rhino for 175 points?
>>
File: 17355597785_210a86af49.jpg (53 KB, 500x152) Image search: [Google]
17355597785_210a86af49.jpg
53 KB, 500x152
>>48270593
no, feerless cultists are not that good in my opinion, i use the 5 hellbrute formation and the Cult of Slaughter cyltist formation, they are pretty good, endless cultists are better in my opinion
>>
>>48271148
>can't even find the shift key

Leave.
>>
>>48271167
>typing properly is serious business on fucking 4chan of all places
just end your life
>>
>>48271148
I won't say Skyrim was a good game. But it wasn't bad by any means. I look at it like I would a block of Tofu. It's there, it has its properties, but it's nothing special. What do you do for Tofu? You modify it. That's where Skyrim SHINES. You can turn it into a whole different game with the right mods. You can make an insanely awesome game. Sure, it's a shame that it's up to the players to make a decent game because the devs left it unfinished, but the variety that we got out of it is great.
>>
>>48271164
helcult cultists are ruined by lack of OS imo, what's the point of having a bunch of cultists swarming an objective if they can just be contested. they have basically zero offensive output, so all your opponent has to do is wobble an almost dead tactical squad nearby to render the cultists useless
>>
>>48271158
that sister looks an awful lot like cultist chan

whoa . . .

what if . . .
>>
So are there any good websites left with a forum where people talk about the warhams? Bolter & Chainsword, librarium, heresy and warseer are all dead and boring as shit. Dakkadakka is overrun and moderated by Ku Klux Klansmen, Stormfront faggots and Brexitbillies. Is 4chan the last refuge for warhams discussion?
>>
>>48271250
>Dakkadakka is overrun and moderated by Ku Klux Klansmen, Stormfront faggots and Brexitbillies
lolwut?
>>
>>48271271
reminder to just report shitposts and not reply
>>
>>48271101
The only problem with allies is the lack of restriction on what allies can do with each other. Super-friends style deathstars need removed.

The only problem with formations is the massive imbalances involved. The idea of alternate army organization methods is completely sound, and there is a large amount of design space opened up by their inclusion.

40K is, and always has been, ruined by the complete and utter imbalance, both inside and between the various codexes. Everything else is secondary.
>>
>>48271250
dakkadakka sounds pretty based
>>
>>48271288
Butthurt racist faggot troll spotted. Don't you have a cross burning to attend, retard?
>>
>>48269460
>Reasonable
Looks like somebody doesn't see the Brave New World reference.
>>
>>48271229
Aside from fearless objective contesters (why is that bad?) they are 3+ LOS for the helbrute
>>
>>48263722
I'm new to Warhammer, where can I find cheaper rulebooks and armies?
>>
>>48271437
You replied to it! Take the mega.nz link to a file folder with all the game rules and codexes scanned online for free.

That, or go ebay.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHNJUgat2i8
Why is Leman Russ Svedish?
>>
>>48271437
Gee I dunno boss, it's almost like they're in the OP.
>>
>>48263853
>Yellow Deathwing

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>48267665
I have this lone crisis suit. He never disappoints, literally ever. He is not even a suicide deep striker, because he is almost always alive by the end of the game, and always earns back at least twice his cost in points.

Target saturation helps, but I am also extremely lucky with him. The one time someone go tired of him and shot at him with a Wyvern. He botched the shot so badly that he did nothing.

It is kind of hillarious, and I have been giving him small visual upgrades along with an upgrade to sergeant + an onager gauntlet as a kind of honour symbol of the 25th tank he killed throughout 20 games.

Never even gets markerlight support.
>>
>>48263722
Lack of proof chicken or proof kroot is offensive.
>>
Is there a "Start Collecting" Sisters of Battle box yet?
>>
>>48271594
No; if anything I would expect a "stop collecting" boxed set. It contains a single space marine terminator and a boxing glove on a spring
>>
File: 1347542266194.jpg (73 KB, 619x600) Image search: [Google]
1347542266194.jpg
73 KB, 619x600
>>48271633
Well, I always have the Imperial Guard to fall back on I guess.
>>
>>48271633
tet
>>
>>48271594
>Penitent Engine
>Canoness
>10 SoB
>$300
>>
File: 1466759258953.gif (773 KB, 403x227) Image search: [Google]
1466759258953.gif
773 KB, 403x227
>>48271229
well they do have offensive output, i mean in combat they are 2 attacks each, with mark of slanesh they are i4, 40+ attacks on the charge makes any tactical squad dies , even more if you attach a hq to them, if the opponent comite to kill them with fireweapons then any other unit in my army is safe, is a win win beacuse they respawn every of my movement phase and they are cheap as hell, and OS at least for me has never been a huge issue
>>
>>48271504
Haha, time for Taurox Noises!
>>
>>48271594
No
they tried but the flimsy cardbox could not hold all the metal figs
>>
>>48271722
>40 attacks
>20 hits
>6.667 wounds
>2.22 dead Tacticals
Yeah, they totally killed that Tactical squad.
>>
>>48270725
>They have never not been synonymous in power level to things like Necrons
Someone's too new to remember when ALL demons had to come in via DS. 2 editions ago they were garbage. Yes they're good now, but don't act like they've always been so
>>
>>48271778
Mathhammer, for when you want to kill someone's buzz with cruel reality.
>>
>>48271778
well lockin in combat a 200 points squad with a 100 poinst one is pretty good actually, and remember that d6 cultist come back every turn
20 attacks
13.3 hits
8.89 wounds
is not that bad mang
>>
>>48271504
Is this supposed to be TTS canon? All demons are bitches?
>>
>>48271871
Nobody fields full size tactical squads, and a full size tactical squad will be forcing you to take a leadership check with a negative modifier every turn until you break and are run down.
>>
>>48271932
helcult cultists are fearless
>>
>>48271948
Since when did Helcult cultists regenerate? Try to keep up with the conversation.
>>
>>48271963
Helcult cultists? read my first post, i said Cult of Slaughter, that it makes every squad of cultists trow a d6 and add that many to the squad, and they are fearless AND zealot if you put the Dark Apostle that comes witht he formation
>>
File: 1388245346048.png (48 KB, 235x251) Image search: [Google]
1388245346048.png
48 KB, 235x251
>>48271932
I had a surprising amount of success with 10 man tacts in rhinos with a flamer and just start cramming marines into the opponents deployment zone.

Then the 10 man termie squads beam in.

This is what happens when 90% of your space marine force consists of those starter sets your parents gave you 10ish years ago.
>>
>>48272005
I wish that could work as a tactic again and that everything wasn't this gigantic, autistic arms race anymore
>>
>>48272012
This was last month of or so, granted, local meta consists of a group of friends. You get everything from "I will make 30 boy blobs work damn it!" to "Sup guys, I just got done with my 6 flyrants." and "I just got back from deployment, check out this warhound I bought with the money."
>>
>>48272005

10 man squads are basically for people who still run tacticals in CADs for some reason instead of just running 5 Scouts then spamming stupid shit like Centurions or Bikes.

Battle Company makes 10 man tac squads pointless, because you no longer have to worry about "getting the most use out of your 35 point Rhino". Just add a second Rhino to that other 5 man squad for free. The only people who wouldn't do this are people who don't have 6+ Rhinos lying around or people who don't want to play Battle Company.

For example, why would you run 10 tacticals, 1 flamer, 1 Rhino when you could run 2x5 tacticals with 2 flamers in 2 rhinos?
>>
>>48272065
Lack of rhinos.
>>
>>48272065
>For example, why would you run 10 tacticals, 1 flamer, 1 Rhino when you could run 2x5 tacticals with 2 flamers in 2 rhinos?

Because CAD, like you mentioned.

to be honest I play CSM and want to field chaos space marine models, and I don't have any cool formations, so I do this. and my marines get swept in CC. just FuCkInG KiLl mE
>>
>>48271993
Is this some sort of next level trolling? Try rereading the reply chain and stop being stupid.
>>
>>48272129
not him but what are you talking about

the original point was about tying up marines with cultists. poster x said they would run, poster y said they're fearless, poster x said how can they be fearless and regenerate (because he assumed helcult), so poster y said not helcult, slaughtercult with apostle

where is the troll here. everything adds up to me.
>>
>>48272142
>everything adds up to me.
That's because you have the intelligence of a pigeon. Look at >>48271948.
>>
>>48272142
I was the guy saying they were fearless I thought they were talking about the helcult, I didn't go far enough back in the convo. I'm not >>48271993
>>
>>48268706
>marine players will freely admit it
You haven't spoken to many marine players have you?

>We're not OP, look taudar exist!
>>
So I'm pretty sure this is a no, but doesn't hurt to verify.

So a Waaagh! lets Orks with 'ere we go charge after running.

Bikes Turbo-boost instead of run. So I'm assuming they can't boost and charge under a Waaagh, or can they?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.