[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
File: Sigmar vs Godbeast.jpg (338 KB, 1625x1057) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar vs Godbeast.jpg
338 KB, 1625x1057
>resources
pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

Monzta 'unta 'idition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread
>>48217203
>>
>Not anymore. GW is turning over a new leaf with things. They reoppened their facebook pages with interaction. They are doing community feedback FAQs, and the General's handbook, which is coming out next weekend, has the matched play and points system, as well as a few narrative campaign systems.

A pity that couldn't have happened before they axed the tomb kings army I was trying to get
>>
>>48234945
It actually started happening before they squatted the tomb kings and brets. Sorry bro.

But there is a chance they may be back. They just don't fit in the story right now.
>>
>>48234910
so with the new generals handbook unit upgrades dont cost any points??
>>
>>48234992
No. You just pay for the units in the intervals given.
>>
File: 1386378316430.png (63 KB, 830x900) Image search: [Google]
1386378316430.png
63 KB, 830x900
>>48235006
shit, so whats the drawback to taking banners and bards?? might aswell give every unit a bard and banner amirite?
>>
>>48235062
Yes. There is no drawback for some things.
>>
>>48234945
Still going to hell. Pretty sure other factions like ironjawz, pestilens, fyreslayers, and seraphon probably won't get traits, abilities, and artifacts like the Sylvaneth. Forces us to keep buying new armies
>>
>>48234992
Nope. Wonderful isn't it?
>>
File: Fucked.png (3 MB, 1316x808) Image search: [Google]
Fucked.png
3 MB, 1316x808
You are a Lord Celestant leading your Stormcast to battle.

Suddenly Archaon Everchosen appears outta nowhere and comes straight at you.

What do you do?
>>
>>48235229

Hold the fuckin' line.
>>
>>48235229
headbutt him of course
>>
>>48235229
Meet the charge, for Sigmar is watching. There is a chance you will not return to him because of it, but at least you gave your soul in the fight against chaos. And with the God-king watching, you wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
File: dfgdfgd.jpg (27 KB, 1297x61) Image search: [Google]
dfgdfgd.jpg
27 KB, 1297x61
hey guys wat dis mean? they are only battleline if what??
>>
>>48234910
>AoS thread is alive on /tg/
>AoS miniatures are untouched on my LGSs shelf and reaching 40-50% off

>tfw AoS will never reach Texas

Where are you anons at?
>>
>>48235229
Hold the line and Hope he only kills you, and not let Drohgar eat your soul. Poor Thostos got a very BAD END
>>
File: image.png (198 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
image.png
198 KB, 600x460
>>48235229
Pray to Sigmar
>>
>>48235289
If your entire army consists of units with the 'slaves to darkness' keyword, then marauder horsemen can be considered a battleline.

But if you take something like skaven in your army, then you do not meet that requirement and you can still take marauder horsemen, but they wouldnt be a batlleline.
>>
File: 20140321_015750.jpg (973 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20140321_015750.jpg
973 KB, 2560x1440
>>48235318
>but they wouldnt be a batlleline.
ahh okay, umm.. what does a battleline do?

Alright, so my army is the Nurgle daemon box set plus 20 bloodletters plus a daemon prince. can i still include chaos maurader horsmen in my army?
>>
>>48235370
In the new Matched Play there are requirements you must take in order to play
>2 Batteline units and 1 Hero @ 1k
>3 Batteline at 2k
>4 Battleline at 2.5k
Basically it's the old 40k "1HQ and 2 Troops" per army
>>
>>48235370
Battlelines don't do anything in particular. But you are required to take so many of them in a list. Think of it as your minimum 2 troops required for a CAD.
>>
>>48235414
>>48235421

ahh, okay so the chaos maurader horsemen would just be like elites then?
>>
>>48235449
Sort of
If you run a pure StD list those Elites become Troop choices
>>
>>48235449
not really. There are 4 battlefield roles

leaders
battleline
behemoths
and artillery

Did you read through the whole thing? It explains all of this.
>>
>>48235460
well, im just taking them for a little shooting support for my daemons...
>>
>>48235482
it fucks up my eyes reading the pirated leak scan, (so its hard to read for me) so they would just be "other" amirite?
>>
File: Savage wars.png (555 KB, 762x602) Image search: [Google]
Savage wars.png
555 KB, 762x602
>>48235449
According to the Ironjawz BT and Allgate book, the Bonesplittas are rivals of the Ironjawz.

The Ironjawz are the progressive types (making new armor and weapons, adopting new methods and mimicking their foes. The Bonesplittas are the conservatives who stick to their backward traditional Orruky ways (fighting naked, hunting, magical warpaint, and using stone clubs and spears).

Which side do you fall in this debate?
>>
>>48235539

Didn't mean to link the other post.
>>
>>48235539

Ironjawz, Gordrakk is far more interesting than Grimgor ever was.
>>
>>48235292
The Wonderful Land of Aus
>>
File: Alarielle the Everqueen.jpg (575 KB, 1171x1500) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle the Everqueen.jpg
575 KB, 1171x1500
http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-titles/new-coll/aos-year-one.html

This is a bundle of all the year one AoS novels. For those interested.
>>
Any one know if battlescribe has been updated with this leak??
>>
>>48235292
It really isnt in my area either. My brother and I get a game in occasionally, he mostly proxies his 40k orks in.

But lately he has been showing a minor interest in getting into ogors since the GHB, which when I get a copy ill go over it with him.

I am super stoked for the las vegas open that I am going to.
>>
Hey guys, now that the Sylvaneth got their own GH stuff, what will GW do? Are they gonna update anything that they released the first year of AOS?
>>
>>48235539
Interested in how the Savage orcs even stand a chance against their superior, more civilized cousins. Especially without armor or iron weapons
>>
>>48236143
I'm hoping that its not *just* a numbers game there, I hope that they have a few good buffs from warpaint and their shamans/ bosses.

That and I am really hoping for something to fit that monster hunting theme that isn't just the big stabbas that they are shown with. Something like getting a buff everytime they destroy an enemy monster or behemoth, you know?
>>
>>48236135
To be honest, we don't know.

They may release it in the next big book. They may release it free. It may become an in-app purchase.

I honestly doubt they are not going to do the allegience rules and artefacts for the year one armies.
>>
>>48236143
Probably numbers, magic, and berserkers.
>>
so what do people think of open army selection with points, only one of uniques, and the rules of one in effect?
>>
>>48235229
Hold the line and give my life for the God-King if needed. Chaos will not have this day!
>>
>>48236269
If anything I would just drop the battleline requirements.

Leader, artillery, and behemoth restrictions and the rest of the rules balance the game plenty, But the battlelines sort of screw with some people's theme armies and such. If you are doing a league or campaign, I would keep everything with matched play but the battelines.
>>
>>48235260
>>48235277
>>48235284
>>48235299
>>48235300
>>48236282
Muh siggas
>>
File: ogre.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ogre.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
Any new Ogre stuff or fluff, /AoSG/?

I was meaning to start an Ogre army but then Age of Sigmar happened and I was waiting for things to develop a bit before jumping in.

Also someone give me a rundown of what's been going on this last year rule and fluff-wise, I've not been paying much attention until I heard about the General's handbook.
>>
>>48235229
Call him a massive fag with shit taste in steeds.
>>
>>48236349
Nothing new for the ogors, but they have been encountered in some battles and such in the books. No spotlights yet.

However the beastclaw ogors are supposed to be getting a battletome soon.
>>
>>48236215
Ok, that's actually really reassuring. I'm pretty new to AOS and I just spent 200 on skaven pestilens and thanquol. If they don't, we riot
>>
>>48236410
Looking at the site, how are they going to do a book on 6 models?
>>
>>48235229
Is there any character that can match Archaon in a fight?
>>
>>48235229
"Your old look was way better. What the fuck happened, man?"
>>
>>48236448
10 warscrolls. It hasn't stopped them from doing one with only 3 warscrolls before. Battletomes are mostly for the fluff anyway.
>>
>>48236448
Please see : Flesh-Eater Courts. Which I love, just wished they'd sell an individual Ghoul King.
>>
>>48236448
By rearranging model parts. See: Crypt Flayers, most Courtiers.
They could also make more sculpts.

>>48236467
Nagash, Alarielle, and Gordrakk as far as I'm aware. Maybe the Celestant-Prime if he keeps his distance.
In fluff terms, no-one. Absolutely no-one. He's killed Nagash three times, split Gorkamorka in half, and in Godbeasts he killed three Stardrakes at once. He's just the single most powerful character in the entire setting, save maybe Khorne.
>>
>>48236448
They will probably add more, i think there are some ogres in the generals handbook that dont have models.
>>
>>48236539
Nagash must be getting on Archaons nerves by now. He's that pest that just won't go away.
>>
>>48236539
To be fair, Archaon has never done anything in setting himself.

He's backed by 4 chaos gods that constantly need to asspull to ensure their little snowflake doesn't melt.
>>
>>48236645
Well yeah, he the god of friggin' DEATH.
What does Archaon expect to come of killing him, him choosing not to live anymore? Fuck that, he's got PLANS.
I'm thinking Nagash thinks of Archaon in a similar way, he's that asshole who keeps barging into his house wrecking his shit and killing him. Really, they'd both react to meeting on the battlefield with synchronised eye-rolls.
>>
>>48236467
No one other than the gods has lasted more than a few seconds against him. Vandus got utterly BTFO in the most humiliating way, and was only allowed to return to azyr to send a message to sigmar. Nagash sent a powerful vampire knight against him who was able to match him in skill, but the eye of sheerian lets Archaon see the future and counter just about everything anyone throws at him. Nagash stalemated him in their last fight, and Archaon admitted he couldn't destroy him that time since they were already in an underworld, but he didn't have to since the goal was to just distract him long enough. Sigmar didn't actually lose to Archaon, and both are implied to be equal to each other which is why they both resorted to underhand tricks to try to beat each other. Sigmar threw his hammer because he knew Archaon could potentially beat him in a duel and if he fell, the whole war would be lost. Archaon resorted to tzeentchian trickery to open a rift that Ghal maraz flew through, since with that weapon Sigmar could defeat him. Gorkamorka is the equal to sigmar in strength though, and he lost, though we don't know the details of that fight.

Archaon is matched in combat skill by some gods/demigods and in sorcery by others, but he is a master of both and has the HAX advantage of being able to see all possible futures and can counter anything they throw at him.
>>
>>48236672
>To be fair, Archaon has never done anything in setting himself.

That's like saying that Order Gods don't do anything themselves because they rely on Winds of Magic as their power source. That's dumb.

The Chaos Gods are the source of Archaon's power and he has since outgrown them to the point that they don't have control over him. He made himself the Master of Chaos and made hiws conquests his own.
>>
>>48235292
It's dead in Denver.

My FLGS still hasn't sold 3 of the first 4 starter boxes they stocked over a year ago.

We had a few players try the game with their old WHFB minis about 8 months ago but they quickly gave up. Partly because of the rules and partly because the community kept harassing them.
People are actively bitter and it doesn't show signs of stopping.
>>
>>Nagash sent a powerful vampire knight against him who was able to match him in skill, but the eye of sheerian lets Archaon see the future and counter just about everything anyone throws at him

so anime, so exciting
>>
>>48236783
>the community kept harassing them.

What manchildren.
>>
>>48236765
>ARCHAON TRIUMPHANT

>>It was at the Battle of Burning Skies that Archaon won his greatest victory over Sigmar. Armed with Ghal Maraz, the God-King cast back the armies of Chaos – mortals, beasts and Daemons obliterated by the Great Shatterer. When Archaon himself moved to fight Sigmar, the God-King hurled Ghal Maraz at the Everchosen, for he knew he could not best Archaon in combat. Archaon laughed, for his plan had worked. Aided by Tzeentch, Archaon deceived Sigmar’s aim and the great warhammer crashed harmlessly past him, disappearing into a crack in reality. Sigmar, defeated, lost the battle and millions were slaughtered. Bereft of his greatest weapon, Sigmar suffered defeat after defeat and retreated to the realm of Azyr, barring its gates. Archaon, triumphant, dominated the Mortal Realms.

>When Archaon himself moved to fight Sigmar, the God-King hurled Ghal Maraz at the Everchosen, for he knew he could not best Archaon in combat.
>for he knew he could not best Archaon in combat
>could not best Archaon in combat

It's stated clearly that Sigmar doesn't think he is a match for Archaon.
>>
File: 1466961216339.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1466961216339.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>48235292
>can usually get a game at my favorite LGS, even better on certain nights (mostly thursdays and sundays) than others. Heroclix kiddies make Saturdays literally the worst. Magic bros never use all the tables and are actually chill to play around on Fridays, but most people don't show up for games.

>Local GW store you can ALWAYS find a game but sadly some cringey motherfuckers play there and worse they do dumb shit that drives away potential new players. Small shop, so you can't get away from the fucknuts. The manager is kind of an overbearing tool too.
>>
>>48236765
His fight with Nagash said that he needed the direct interference of the darkgods to not be annihilated in the first round because of the strength of his magic.

Even when they were fighting the eye showed that no steel or sorcery he could muster could beat him but he didn't need to because with Nagash distracted his army started to crumble under the legions of chaos and several bloodthristers tried to dog pile him while he was fighting Archaon and he had to retreat.

> he is a master of both
Nagash can fight him to a stalemate by himself even while he is flying on his super daemon dragon gift from the gods and is the most powerful wizard in the setting.

Archaon's strength is that he is the chaos gods' favorite child and his literally infinite army of murder machines.
>>
>>48236871
Why is Siggy such a fucking chump?
>>
>>48236871
>Sigmar doesn't think he is a match for Archaon

The only way to beat Archaon is guerrilla warfare, he is the best fighter in AoS after all.

All-gates and Sylvaneth epub when?

BTW, white dwarf 128 is up.
>>
>>48236937
>His fight with Nagash said that he needed the direct interference of the darkgods to not be annihilated in the first round because of the strength of his magic.

He carries the strength and protection of the Chaos Gods similarly how Nagash carries the strength and everlasting nature of Shyish. I don't get why you are using this against Archaon.

And what I think Archaon meant is that he cannot destroy Nagash in all totality. He would have to banish him again.

And let us remember that Nagash fled from Sigmar the guy who admits to himself that he cannot beat Archaon in a straight up fight.
>>
>>48236953
Because Archaon can see the future and counter every move an opponent can throw at him. Even in endtimes, Sigmar only defeated him because Grimgor had already shattered the eye of sheerian and archaon didn't have his HAX foresight in play. Without the eye, Archaon isn't nearly as scary.
>>
>>48237022
The difference is that one is using the power that he earned and the other is granted his power from others.

Nagash made himself, the Chaos gods made Archaon.
>>
>>48237049
Archaon earned the power of the Chaos Gods by doing great deeds and overcoming their challenges. In order to keep his power, he has to put up with the Chaos Gods whining and their attempts to murder him. Also he maintain enough willpower to resist being overwhelmed by the mountain of blessings and power the Chaos Gods have bestowed on him, losing his humanity in the process. Should he falter, then it's spawndom or unwanted daemonhood.
>>
>>48236775
Hahahaha

>H-He is Master of chaos and super awesome they are just his power source

>>48236871
>Literally needs Tzeentch to save him from getting onehit by Sigmar

Archaocucks are pathetic.
>>
>>48237107
>Be the Chaos gods bitchboy
>B-But He is strong in his own deeds

Archaon is the biggest fool in existence because he is utterly convinced he is the Master of his own destiny.

All the other gods were able to break the cycle of chaos.

Archaon could not.
>>
>>48237109
So it's okay for Sigmar to have allies and use his allied gods to do stuff for him but it's not okay for Archaon to do the same?

Hypocrisy!
>>
>>48237022
>And let us remember that Nagash fled from Sigmar the guy who admits to himself that he cannot beat Archaon in a straight up fight.
Because unlike Archaon, Sigmar could perma kill Nagash. It's kind of a rock, paper, scissors thing.
>>
>>48237127
>Literally a pawn of the 4 chaos gods
>B-But Sigmar has allies

Archaon is not a god, Archaon is the buttboy of 4 gods, It comes to no surprise no single god could defeat 4 gods working in unison.

Where was Archaon when Sigmar and friends WERE working together and drove chaos out?
>>
>>48237124
It's literally stated that Archaon is not bound to the will of the Chaos Gods. He does what he likes and the Chaos Gods have to deal with it.

Remember the time in the Daemon Wars where ALL Chaos Gods (except Slaanesh) attempted to have him killed? They attempted to rub his destiny away from existence because they feared his power but in the end they all failed and named him their Everchosen forever.
>>
AoS is basically Archaon overcompensating to try and overcome the shame of Teclis calling him a pussy in End Times.
>>
>>48237154
>They literally stated

Yes, saying and the truth have different meanings. He's a pawn just as much as he pretends, Chaos gods sending him stuff for shits and giggles doesn't erase the fact.

If Archaon all of a suddenly said "Nah fuck chaos imma good guy now" BAM he'd be turned into a spawn because he's another Slave to Darkness.

Archaon has zero freedom. Everything he does is for chaos.

Even Malekith broke his cycle and become something more.

Archaon is still Archaon, a deluded child of man pretending to be anything more than the whims of the Chaos gods.
>>
>>48237186
AoS is the continuation of his long and very much undeserved redemption arc.
>>
>>48237141
>Because unlike Archaon, Sigmar could perma kill Nagash. It's kind of a rock, paper, scissors thing.

Sigmar couldn't Perma-kill Nagash back then and I doubt he can now.

>Where was Archaon when Sigmar and friends WERE working together and drove chaos out?

It's pretty much established that he not their pawn. If he was, then they would have total control over him instead of having to plead at his doorstep.

>Where was Archaon when Sigmar and friends WERE working together and drove chaos out?

Destroying universes and worlds. He initially didn't care about the Mortal Realms, he proved his point in the End Times, you know.

After failing by themselves, the Chaos Gods contacted Archaon and bargained with him. If he leads their armies in the Mortal Realms, then everything he conquers in the Mortal Realms will belong solely to him. That was the deal. Archaon finally agreed and came to the Mortal Realms and you know what happened next.
>>
File: 1349669616728.gif (3 MB, 252x263) Image search: [Google]
1349669616728.gif
3 MB, 252x263
riddle me this fluff fags:

How many years has it been since the world was destroyed?

How have the mortal heroes served this long?

Genuinely curious, I can't find it int he fluff
>>
>>48237127
Imagine Sigmar and Archaon as two dudes strapped for cash.
Sigmar asked a friend and only got a little money. He doesn't have to pay interest though, no strings attached etc. It's all good.

Archaon is the guy who sold off both his kidneys and is running around on borrowed time thanks to a cocktail of chaos drugs, before he inevitably crashes, faceplants and dies a miserable death, or rather loses his soul.

Archaon isn't a smart guy, but he got more money than Sigmar.
>>
The third eye h4x seems to drastically devalue Archaon's supposedly tactical acumen as well. Not hard to be a peerless, brilliant leader when you gameshark the future.
>>
>>48237224
>Chaos gods when pleading to his Doorstep

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh boy you are deluded. The Chaos gods called and Archaon obeyed just like every Slave to Darkness.

Archaon is the mewling child angry at other people being better than him, so he needs to tear it all down.
>>
>>48237208
>If Archaon all of a suddenly said "Nah fuck chaos imma good guy now" BAM he'd be turned into a spawn because he's another Slave to Darkness.

Then why didn't they turn him into a Spawn during the Daemon Wars when ALL the Chaos Gods wanted him killed? They can't.

Archaon is still Archaon because he wants to remain Archaon. He can grab true godhood if he wished but he won't, Because to remain human(ish) and FREE despite being associated to the Chaos Gods is the biggest "Fuck you" to the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>48237266
>Oh boy you are deluded. The Chaos gods called and Archaon obeyed just like every Slave to Darkness.

Nah, they had to bargain with him for his service. He is not their errand boy. He is their partner in a business venture.
>>
>>48237273
Because the Great game is more fun when they send things to needlessly die?

The fact that you think Archaon is "free" while being a Chaos puppet is the most adorable thing ever.

The chaos gods grant him boons constantly because they will it, none of his power is his own.

As soon as the gods tire of him, Dorghar pitches him from his back and Archaon falls like every other Mortal who thinks they're worth more

>>48237296
HAHAHAHAHAHA Everything the chaos gods does is entirely within their plan, Archaon is not in control of anything.
>>
>>48237296
>Nah, they had to bargain with him for his service.
Like every other pawn of chaos. They promise to reward you if you do things for them. That's how its always been.
>>
>>48235292
I've seen people playing age of sigmar at a game store in my area. It gave me hope

then I found out that was the game store's last day in business

and the nearest one is two hours away

it's ok I didn't want to play games or have any social interaction outside of work anyway
>>
How many of you guys were playing 40k or fantasy before AoS?
Has the new update book with points changed that lany things for the better?
Honestly, were you ine of the haters before going to the other side?

I'm thinking of starting a Chaos army, but reading most stuff, I understand that one has to use scenarios to really enjoy it, or has the new book settled that?
>>
>>48237273
>Big fuck you to chaos
>Rides around with their images branded onto his armour, riding a monster that represents the three OG gods.

Yeah, I forgot people who say fuck you to something basically paint themselves with their icons.
>>
>>48237224
The Gods gift Archaon because he does more for them than anyone else. If they decided to pull back all of their gifts, which includes his super dragon chimera, his armor, his sword, the eye, all the mutations and marks, he'd be nothing but they also wouldn't have anyone to lead the war against the mortal realms and they'd get booted out by Sigmar and friends.
>>48237239
Under this analogy, we can imagine the chaos gods as business men who have tons of money but aren't actually good at running a business so they hired Archaon and invested tons in him. Without him, the company probably fails, but without their money, Archaon is just a really smart manager with no way to enact his plan. They need each other and gain equally from the agreement. The chaos gods pulling out means they lose just as much as Archaon, so it's better to keep going with it
>>
>>48237273
>Archaon is free and doesn't need to listen to the chaos gods
>Chaos gods told him The Horned rat is now a chaos god and to use Skaven
>Archaon literally has a tantrum
>He is then seen using Skaven

Archaon is their adopted child they lavish gifts on. The kind who thinks they can command their parents because of being spoilt.
>>
Oh boy, sure not sick of seeing people bicker with carnac.

Can we invest this energy in uploading the Sylvaneth battletome instead?
>>
>>48237315
I played 40k mostly before the big drop. Then my friend and I started whfb 8th edition armies for the fun of it, about a year before end times dropped. We didn't play very much because the game was...ok. We were really invlolved with the 40k scene though, and the fantasy scene was pretty much completely nonexistent.

Then aos dropped and I was hooked from day 1. My buddy wasn't keen on it due to no points, but he did try it a couple times with me and was meh about it. Then he eventually moved away, where apparently there is a growing aos community where he went. He played a couple games with a couple guys there a few times when he was bored.

There doesnt seem to be a scene where i am now, but I see AoS stuff disappearing from the game shelves strangely. I know a guy who bought a few of the newer models but only because he was the kirby-era view of a customer, where he just bought and painted models, but never played the game. But I am also noticing things like some of the battletomes and GA books going missing. I wonder who is buying these, as I can't seem to contact anyone in our local gaming FB group.

With the GHB now, there may be more positive talk. When I get my copy I may put up an add at the LGS for anyone wanting to try games. We'll see where that goes.
>>
>>48237368
Archaon using Skaven happened before they were officially part of mainstream Chaos.

In the End Times, when Archaon met Thanqoul and Verminking, Archaon said that the Skaven were "Children of Children" and have a right and privilege of joining his armies and being under him.
>>
>>48237317
>‘Your God-King does this to you,’ the dark templar said. ‘You feel the hopelessness of his failure. Abandon him as he has abandoned you.’

>‘And pray to your dread gods?’ Giselle said, glassy-eyed.

>‘No,’ Archaon said. ‘For I have none. Let the powers of darkness favour me if they will. Let them lend me their strength and draw strength from my victories, if that is their want. You will not see me kneel to them even as I kneel before you now. All gods are fickle. Don’t trust in them. I don’t. Believe as much as you need to or not at all. Ultimately, the only thing you can really believe in is yourself.’

>‘You serve the Chaos gods…’

>‘They serve themselves,’ Archaon said. ‘As do I. This world is not fit for man or god. The Empire and nations of old, the exotic lands beyond and even here – the cruel Wastes. All will fall and all will burn for me. I will be the Lord of the End Times. The harbinger of doom for all – man and god – for in a world of the slain, with no men, no savages, no ancients of the elder races to pray to them and erect their temples, what will become of these gods, their heroes and their daemons?’

You don't understand Archaon.
>>
>>48237405
>people buying books and models
>but never seen playing the games
>kirby was right!
>>
>>48237481
Well he was right about that one guy at least. I'm pretty sure he's not the same guy buying the books, and I cant see anyone buying the books with no desire to play.

We are just kindred spirits always missing each other...
>>
>>48237474
So basically he wants to destroy everything and everyone to indirectly destroy every god? Meh.
>>
File: 1468289407463.jpg (331 KB, 1160x1379) Image search: [Google]
1468289407463.jpg
331 KB, 1160x1379
I want to like this style of armor but its clearly meant for Chaos Space Marines and not anything from Fantasy or AoS.

Is there a decent alternative I could convert up? Maybe a Bloodthirster torso?
>>
File: gasp.jpg (36 KB, 214x271) Image search: [Google]
gasp.jpg
36 KB, 214x271
>>48237508
>that painful realization that you don't play either 40k or AoS despite collecting, modeling, painting, and list building for both
how did I become a meme? please send help
>>
>>48237315

I was playing Warmachine, it was my first wargame actually, although primarily because no one in my area would touch 40k or Fantasy.

I attempted repeatedly to play 40k for the last 11 years with little to no success and every edition completely fucking over any army I was invested in at the time. So.. I tried to convert over to Fantasy.

Chaos Daemons happened. My armies of choice were Bretonnians and Beastmen. Then 8th edition happened, so I scrapped the Brets, fearing I would never see an army update, and bought more Beastmen. End Times gave me hope with its Legion of Chaos rules, although it earned me the emnity of a few people who straight up called my pure Beastmen army 'cheese' now that they had marks.

.. Then AoS happened. Everyone immediately gave up Fantasy and AoS in a fit of manchild rage. A few tried KoW but abandoned that when they learned they couldn't shit all over each other with obvious power armies and dumb broken shit like Fantasy's magic system (a lot of them got their jollies off using the End Times magic system exclusively and forced you to play by those rules under threat of abandoned games with you.)

So...

I stopped going to any of my LGS and checked out the GW one. I found a few people playing it and I tried the starter kit demo with a friend. Then they told me about the scenarios, which I read online, and eventually the Generals' Handbook was announced.

Here I am, up past midnight, removing square bases from my stripped down Gors and Bestigors and Ungors and giving them nice 32mm round bases and planning out how i'm going to repaint them.
>>
>>48230106
Thanks dude. These look great I reckon I can do something similar.
>>48229417
Wicked. Really helpful. Most appreciated.

I think it's time to get my conversion skills going.
>>
>>48235486
get a khorne cannon or some tzeenchian stuff
>>
>>48236143
Probably the same way they always have. They attack faster, move faster, and can sometimes just ignore tirvial stuff like "Losing a head" or "Total organ failure".
Also they have a ranged game. It ain't good, but it's there
>>
>>48236448
Stonehorn/thundertusk is split into leader versions of those two and normie versions.
Probably add a shaman
Hopefully we'll get plastic sabertusks since they'd be piss easy to make
>>
File: 1428173060993.jpg (69 KB, 500x619) Image search: [Google]
1428173060993.jpg
69 KB, 500x619
>>48237227
give me a hit
>>
>>48237227
>How many years has it been since the world was destroyed?

Uncounted aeons past, enough time for Archaon to blast realities/universes to ruins while the Mortal Realms were forming.

>How have the mortal heroes served this long?

Magic.
>>
>>48237227
At least 10,000 years. It's been 500 years since the age of chaos started.

The mortal chaos champions are way stronger now than they used to be and are like Archaon, practically demigods. Valkia was going toe to toe with C. Prime, and Glottkin was able to give Alarielle a run for her money. Also, chaos champions don't age in the normal sense and can keep serving as long as their gods find use for them.
>>
File: Alarielle_8th.jpg (134 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle_8th.jpg
134 KB, 873x627
what did alarielle eat to get so huge
>>
>>48238244
Bretonnia.
>>
File: 1418161590017.jpg (91 KB, 723x691) Image search: [Google]
1418161590017.jpg
91 KB, 723x691
>>48238258
>>
>>48238192
>>48238223
ohh, and um... who destroyed the old world?

once it was destroyed it split apart and was scattered throughout the 8 realms amirite??
>>
>>48238326

Mannfred Von Carstein.
>>
I haven't been into AoS, but now that points are in I've been looking at Fyreslayers. I know they're the best faction fluff wise and aesthetically, but are they any good in game?
>>
>>48238326
Archaon activated the device that started the destruction of the world. Mannfred (who did nothing wrong) made sure that the Incarnates failed to stop the device from doing its work. The device created a new Chaos rift that broke the balance between the existing rifts in the polar poles. This caused the world to be flooded by Chaos and then destroyed.

Before the world was destroyed, the Winds of Magic escaped into the new rift and then went to space. Eventually, the Winds of Magic transformed into the Mortal Realms.

The part that survived from the old world planet was its core which now rests above Sigmar's palace.
>>
>>48237368
If anything Archaon knows that Skaven only serve Skaven and any 'alliance' is temporary at best.

If the rats got their shit together once more (unlikely seeing that the Verminlords now backstab each other as opposed to working together like they did in the endtimes) they would probably be one of the strongest forces in AoS, being able to travel from realm to real without the use of gates and their home turf literally not attackable being mostly in the warp now.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 429x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 429x637
With the upcoming tzeentch releases, Is it safe to assume we'll see the return of Thomin/villitch? Last we saw of the brothers, they switched places and ended up in the realm of chaos.
>>
>>48238297
>tfw no qt nip gf to hug you when you paint
suffering
>>
>>48238363
>best aesthetically
>posts the infamous mirror image
>right after obvious shitposting
You'll have to be more clever than that, m8.
>>
>>48238367
cool thanks for the heads up. the fluff is kinda confusing for newbies
>>
>>48238386
He's just referred to as the Curseling now, so I'm not that hopeful.
>>
>>48238450
They might do him up in whatever tzeentch expansion they end up going with.

It's not like they've too many heroes to revamp. I can't see GW bringing back folks like Egrimm van Horstmann, for example.
>>
>>48238524
They could just make a completely new one, like Gordrakk. Any hero that hasn't already been mentioned in AoS fluff has a slim chance of returning at this point.
>>
>>48238694
I think any chaos or undead character who wasn't killed off in the end times, or had an opening to survive, probably made it to AoS. Happened to valkia, the new Nurgle characters and the remainjng mortarchs. Villitch has a passage in the last ET book saying he went right into the realm of chaos, so it's very likely he comes back. Very interested to see if he'll be any different now that Thomin is in charge. But you have to think, villitch is such a sad character
>born a deformed manlet while his twin was tall, strong and handsome
>forced to do women's chores
>denied the use of a sword
>beat by his brother while his father did nothing to stop it
>hated by everyone
>watched his brother become the pride of their tribe while he barely got by as the shamans apprentice
>prayed to tzeentch and finally thinks he gets his way
>suffers multiple humiliating defeats
>turns out Thomin made a counter offer to tzeentch and Villitch was getting trolled hard the entire time
>loses all of his identity while Thomin gets everything
Just tragic
>>
>>48235292
Mind giving the name of the store?
I'm in Texas and if it's not too far I might have to make a day trip and pick up a bunch of stuff.
>>
>>48238761
The reason why Tzeentch might have arranged this fate to him is because Villitch was servant of Be'lakor. A double agent.
>>
>>48238821
Was he really? didn't read the Archaon novels so I'm not too familiar with this.

Then theres always the more likely possibility that its Tzeentch and he did it because its pretty hilarious.
>Holy shit, you thought you were in control the whole time? you really think i'd make a loser like you one of my favored champions for no cost at all? do you even tzeentch? I only raised you to watch you fail even harder HAHAHAHA enjoy watching your chad tier brother win all the glory, for the next few aeons, he's been my favorite the whole time you cuck
>>
>>48235178
They'll probably find a way to update it, they did promise a "living document" for the rules.
>>
>>48238892
Except its nested inside the monthly WD Muhahaha
>>
>tfw probably getting 2 or 3 more stormcast related battltomes, updates inbound
Anyone want to take a guess at what the Sacrosanct, Ruination and Auxiliary chambers are? This picture has been out since the original AoS book and we know the extremes chamber ended up being Dracoth cavalry and star drakes.

My guess is that Ruination will be their Siege weapons and war machines, Sacrosanct will be their mages, and Auxiliary is a catch all for anything else they come up with for the storm casts
>>
>>48238939
>Auxiliary is a catch all for anything else they come up with for the storm casts

They popped up in the second Mannfred audiobook series. They are normal humans working alongside the stormcast.
>>
>>48235083
>>48235062
>>48235006
>>48234992
Honestly that's something I would have liked to see in warhammer, having to pay 30 pts for command just made me mad.
>>
>>48238964
Specifically normal humans?
>>
>>48238964
Were they any different from the Azyrheim citizens or warrior priests who crusade alongside storm casts occasionally?
>>
>>48239104
The story didn't focus on them. So no idea.
>>
>>48239124
>walk into my local GW
>redshirt brings the summer campaign up
>apoerantly you have to pledge for one of the grand alliances and every victory, painted unit and purchased unit will count towards your alliances victory

Lets hope this wont be a clusterfuck like storm of chaos.

>inb4 butthurt lizzard player go on a buying spree
>literal pay2win
>>
>>48235062
Beastmen Bestigor get bonuses if your unit has a standart, icon or totem.
>>
File: img_5496.jpg (93 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
img_5496.jpg
93 KB, 780x585
I'm glad that dedicated spell lores are back. As much as I found it interesting that every spellcaster had a spell unique to them, I really hated the lack of choice that came with it.
>>
File: star-drake-horz.jpg (132 KB, 987x528) Image search: [Google]
star-drake-horz.jpg
132 KB, 987x528
So how viable do people reckon a pure extremis chapter army would fair in matched games?
> what can I say? I love big dragon butts, and I cannot lie
>>
>>48239185
>Sylvaneth battle tome still not uploaded
how much longer must we wait?
>>
>>48239240
Pure extremis chapter is not possible in matched games since they don't have any battleline options.
>>
After reading through the rules of this game, boy does resolving combat seem convoluted as fuck. Also, why in the fuck do the units have no stats other than wounds,movement, bravery and save? Was the idea to make the game more simple, or require less memorization? Because if that's so, why in the fuck does every unit in the game have half a dozen special rules in their warscrolls, that you need to remember? That shit gets out of hand real fast.
God damn 40k seems easier and more importantly, more organized set of rules than aos does.

T.40k fag who is interested in age of sigmar, because the sylvaneth models are beautiful.
>>
>>48239172
new elf tiddies and trees will probably have it in the bag
>>
>>48238244
All the dicks.
>>
File: CnFtmegWYAALFfd.jpg large.jpg (230 KB, 884x884) Image search: [Google]
CnFtmegWYAALFfd.jpg large.jpg
230 KB, 884x884
For those playing Total Warhammer, CA posted this pic on social media. Seems beastmen are on their way.
(Yes, I know it's not an AOS game, but it may be of interest to people in this thread.)

>>48239333
Everything's on the warscrolls so you don't have to memorise rules. The warscrolls are designed to tell you EVERYTHING about how a unit plays. That's why the special rules are on there too, rather than make you look up rules in a BRB.
>>
>>48239172
This time there isn't the entire world at stake, so GW shouldn't have reasons to retain the results.
>>
>>48239430
>tfw the End of Age Times begins
>>
>>48239240
Sadly not possible due to lack of battleline units, otherwise it would be pretty nasty.
Lord-Celestant on Stardrake (celestine hammer, shield, Master of Defense, Pheonix Stone) - 600
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth (tempestos hammer, shield, Reckless, Relic Blade) - 240
Fulminators (2) - 240
Fulminators (2) - 240
Tempestors (2) - 240
Tempestors (2) - 240
Lightning Echolon - 160
>>
>>48239422
>Everything's on the warscrolls so you don't have to memorise rules.
Instead you have to memorize the warscrolls themselves. In a game that can have two dozen different units between you and your opponent, that's a lot of shit you have to memorize.

Whereas in 40k all you really need to remember are the base rules for movement, shooting and combat. If you remember them, a brief look at an unit's stat block will tell you all you need to know about how it moves, shoots, hits etc. Majority of the special rules are also all in the same place of the rulebook, instead of being spread across each individual unit entry.

It just seems to me that some of the core designs of aos rules are really poorly thought out in the long run.
>>
Finally joining the AoS; splitting a starter with a buddy and looking to mix the bloodbound into my khorne list.

Thoughts on synergies?

Be'Lakor - 240
Bloodmaster - 80
Bloodsecrator - 120
Sorceror Lord - 140
Lord on Jugg - 140
Bloodstoker - 80

20 Bloodletters - 200
20 WoC (Khorne) - 360
20 Reavers - 120
20 Marauders (Khorne) - 120

10 Knights (Khorne) - 400
>>
>>48237227
>How have the mortal heroes served this long?
Which mortal heroes?
>>
>>48239496
Eh, yes and no, since those warscrolls are all free online there's no reason you shouldn't either have them when you want to look at them or have a cursory understanding of at least the popular units. Coming from 40k myself, I know the special rules of most of the Eldar, Tau, Space Marine, CSM, KDK, AdMech and Ork books, even though I own 0 of those armies and the rules aren't free.
>>
>>48239185
Explain? Do you basically get to choose spells instead of knowing Arcane Bolt and Shield? I don't know how the new Lore works.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 772x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 772x1000
>>48239502
>be'lakor
>sorc lord
Khorne won't be pleased.
More seriously, the WoC don't really want to be in a block of 20; that's too unwieldy and their weapons lack the range to be utilized that way. Split them into two units unless you are hell-bent on that save bonus.
You'll also probably want a Aspiring Deathbringer. There'll be another boardgame soon, that one with four khornate heroes for well over 50% off. That be something to keep in mind.
>>48239574
You get to pick or roll for one additional spell per caster in addition to the ones they already know.
>>
>>48239496
>a brief look at an unit's stat block will tell you all you need to know about how it moves, shoots, hits etc.
And a brief look at a unit's warscroll will tell you all you need to know about how it moves, shoots, hits etc. Why do you seem to think you have to memorise "two dozen" statlines in AOS but are quite happy to look up a 40k unit's stats? Hell, those special rules you mention are spread over 18 pages of the 40k BRB, but that's apparently more convenient and concise than the special rule being written right there on the warscroll in front of you.
>>
>>48239496
>In a game that can have two dozen different units between you and your opponent

If you're diving into battles that large without already knowing the warscrolls of your units, you're making a few problems for yourself.
>>
Looking over my stormcast, I've been trying to come up with relics and traits they might get in a possible future release, but as is the basic relics and traits cover practically everything I could think of that the army might need.
They also don't get anything from Stormcast Eternal allegiance, so there is really very little reason for them to get new stuff.
>>
>>48239607
Oh, so basically instead of having an on-warscroll spell you pick one of these? Or is it even on top of that?
>>
I think I really like Cavalry and big Monsters. What's the best army for this style of play? Saurus Knights are sick looking and their big dinosaurs are cool. Chaos Knights are also really badass and the Greater Daemons are all pretty great as well. Any other ones I should look at?
>>
>>48239692
In addition to the spell on the warscroll. And even the named characters may choose one.
>>
>>48239714
Wait, so a Sylvaneth Wizard gets the two base spells, their unique spell, AND one of these?

That's pretty fucking dumb, really hope they start putting these out for other armies fast or Sylvaneth will be the best casting army by far for a long time.
>>
>>48239732
I think the Generals Handbook will have some generic spells for everyone, along with magicial equipment.
>>
>>48239615
It ain't a brief look one needs in aos warscrolls m8. Anything besides the most simplests of units has half a dozen rules on their warscroll, different to hit and to wound charts depending on their weapons etc.
While the idea of removing stats (outside the bare bone stuff aos has) and simplifying the rules may sound like it would result in an easier to learn game, in practice it results in a shallow system that cannot do what a more robust rules system can, without resorting to giving each unit half a dozen special rules, thus making the system just as convoluted, and hard to learn as the complex system.

Also 40k's special rules are universal and can apply to any unit from any army, and they can all be found in the same place (with the exception of few army specific rules and even fever unit specific ones).
Whereas in AoS, each unit has their own, unique special rules that are spread across the warscrolls, which, in practice, means that you either have to memorize each individual warscroll in your army, or keep them open at all times, instead of just memorizing the stats of your units/referencing them from the army list at the back of the dex, and occasionally looking up a special rule from the rulebook when needed.
>>
>>48239706
Empire, ogres, and forest goblins come to mind.
>>
>>48239732
>best casting army
Not by a long shot. Most versatile, maybe, but with no boni to casting and only very limited damage spells they don't really want to play the magic game against actually competent casters.
They're better off using their spells to create woods and shuffle them around to fuck over the opponent in other ways.
Stormcast, Bloodbound,and Fyreslayers can't use magic anyway, so that's a good number of the battletomes already taken care off
>>
>>48239966
If you use them in the Gnarlroot Wargrove battalion , then all casters get to cast and dispel an extra spell per turn, which can make them pretty scary.
>>
>>48239784
How avout actually play the game vefore bitching about how hard it is? I thought 40k was a fucking insurmountable wall with all the shit I had to read and memorize (BRB, Codex, FAQs, knowing opponent's rules at least at a cursory level) but after like 3 games I was fine. AoS has even less rules. Even if you compile 24 Warscrolls and the base AoS rules, its still less pages than the BRB sections on Move/Psychic/Shoot/Assault.

Also, you talk like half the units in 40k don't have a freaking essay in their profiles on top of all the other USRs and Codex special rules/armory, especially ICs. It's just confirmation bias at this point.
>>
>>48239784
>It ain't a brief look one needs in aos warscrolls m8. Anything besides the most simplests of units has half a dozen rules on their warscroll, different to hit and to wound charts depending on their weapons etc.
Are you shitposting, or just thick as pigshit? How is one page of rules for a unit, that tells you literally ALL the information you need to use that unit, too difficult? For comparison...
>40k's special rules are universal and can apply to any unit from any army
...let's consider a unit of eldar aspect warriors, striking scorpions for example. They have 8 special rules (2 on the dataslate, 2 at the start of the eldar codex, and 4 in the rulebook), and another 3 special rules relating to their wargear (bladestorm on the shuriken weapons, plasma grenades, and mandiblasters). So that's 11 special rules, which are located in 5 different places (dataslate, eldar codex rules summary, BRB special rules, BRB wargear, eldar codex wargear). Oh, and if you add a dedicated transport and independent character to striking scorpions then you have to look up how those interact with Infiltrate (because it isn't under the Infiltrate special rule). And no, this isn't an unusual situation ("even fewer unit specific ones" indeed).

I just really can't comprehend how anyone can find the AOS system too difficult/time-consuming/requiring of memorisation, compared to 40k.
>>
>>48239817
What does an Empire Cavalry + Behemoth army look like?
>>
File: 124124123.jpg (19 KB, 350x270) Image search: [Google]
124124123.jpg
19 KB, 350x270
Operation Ratigan 2k points.

Objective: So-many-fucking-rats

Verminlord Warbringer 300
Skaven Warlord 100
Skaven BSB 140
40x Clanrats 240
40x Clanrats 240
40x Clanrats 240
20x Stormvermin 280
20x Stormvermin 280
Warpfire Thrower 60
Warpfire Thrower 60
Warpfire Thrower 60

Mostly concerned with the 180 points I invested in Warpfire throwers. Any other creative ideas I could use them for?
>>
>>48240004
I don't know, to me that reads like *one* caster per turn gets another spell/dispel. Still not bad, mind you, but a severe difference from the other option.
>>
>>48240060
Yeah, it's much more easy than 40k desu, I get that some units have a lot of things on their warscrolls but eh. A quick chat with your opponent beforehand about anything your not sure about in their army always worked for me.
>>
>>48240195
Bunch of knights, bunch of demigryphs, and 1 or 2 generals on griffons.
>>
>>48240225
How will you deal with missile cavalry? Hell, elven missile infantry can probably kite you for most of the game while filling your rats with arrows. I'd consider some of the longer-ranged skyre toys instead of warpfire throwers to try to deal with that.
>>
>>48240225
Found the 8th ed player. Holy shit that's even more models than a 3k old skaven army since you don't spend 1k on heroes any more.
>>
>>48240263
>A quick chat with your opponent beforehand about anything your not sure about in their army always worked for me.
And you literally can't do the same exact thing in AoS for some reason?

Fuck off. If you want to play the game, just fucking play it. If you just want to bitch about it, how about do something else with your life.
>>
>>48240327
>How will you deal with missile cavalry?
Depends on the scenario, but unless they have pure middle cav I should be able to catch them soley due to cornering them. 150+ models do clog the table pretty well. Maybe I'll look into the Skryre tunnle engines to get some deep striking in the game.

>>48240328
Well if I may confess:

I started with AoS.

All models are fully painted and on circle bases.
>>
What do you guys prefer as your ranged loadout for Stormfiends?
>>
File: 1461098134856.jpg (120 KB, 850x687) Image search: [Google]
1461098134856.jpg
120 KB, 850x687
>>48240379
>"waaaah too many models for 8th"
>"here's a game where you can take smaller sized army and don't need massive horde/steadfast blocks, you can even run only stormfiends!"
>"OK 200 SKAVEN IT IS"
How horrifying.
>>
>>48240225
>Any other creative ideas I could use them for?
a warp lightning cannon, maybe?
>>
>>48240233
same. but I asked on facebook and now I wait for an answer.
>>
>>48240419
I just really like swarm armies and painting clanrats is kinda relaxing to me...

Sorry senpai.
>>
File: hatchet 2 gif.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
hatchet 2 gif.gif
2 MB, 500x209
>>48240419
Maybe he wants a horde army lad, people are open to choose what they want to field and how. I'm not complaining, he's the one who has to paint and base 200 rats that will last 2 seconds on the field.
>>
Was able to look into the Generals Handbook today in my local GW. Just skimmed a little through it and checked the Path to Glory rules out.

Apperantly there are PtG rules for

>Chaos
>Skaven
>Sylvaneth
>Stormcast
>Fyreslyaer
>Death

I absolutely love that Skaven is not part of Chaos in the campaign system.
>>
>>48240533
PtG?
>>
File: Generals-Handbook-contents.jpg (147 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Generals-Handbook-contents.jpg
147 KB, 960x960
>>48240533
Old news mate. Tell us something about the actual contents of the Path to Glory rules.
>>
>>48235687
Texas? A guy in Texas just bought an unbuilt unpainted ogre tyrant off me on eBay. That him? Lol
>>
>>48240225
Toss the warlord, the standard bearer and all the flamethrowers and take another 70 clanrats.
>>
>>48236783
Longmont here, it's picking up! We have about 10 players
>>
>>48240734
better idea, drop the verminlord and warpfire throwers and take an additional 80 clanrats

large bases are for scrubs
>>
>>48236765
People seem to forget that he lost to Malekith.
>>
>>48235292
AR here. No AoS at my store. Just Magic, X-Wing, 40k,and Heroclix. With the lions share of people being autists spending their bux on overpriced pieces of cardboard.

Tons of business but store's focus is on mtg tourneys that are taken waaay too seriously.
>>
File: image.jpg (726 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
726 KB, 1536x2048
>>48238363
There decent to good when it comes to play style, to play Fyreslayer you basically gotta do what slayers do best, and that's still fighting even when you are killed, and buffing the ever living shit out of your army.
>>
File: sylvaneth 6.png (1 MB, 858x695) Image search: [Google]
sylvaneth 6.png
1 MB, 858x695
Hey boys, looking to start a bit of AOS but really not sure on which army to pick, i have read the lore and like the models of the Seraphon, Skaven, Sylvaneth and Orks, which ones should i avoid?
>>
Anyone know what factions the new snap fit kits are for? I'm guessing at least a stormcast and bloodbound one.
>>
>>48239333
If you find aos confusing, you have mental problems. Try playing it first, then you can bitch about how convoluted and confusing it is.
>>
>>48241264
sylvaneth have all the new toys.
>>
File: 2.jpg (127 KB, 757x1000) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
127 KB, 757x1000
It's sorta neat, I guess.
>>
File: 3.jpg (145 KB, 767x1000) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
145 KB, 767x1000
I mean, at least it's cheap.
>>
>>48239607
The WoC are still rocking their halberds from 8th; is 2" range with +1 to their save worth it to run them as 20?

Is khorne in the next expansion confirmed? Any ideas on a drop date?
>>
File: 1.jpg (134 KB, 749x1000) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
134 KB, 749x1000
>>
>>48240704
No, Idaho. He hasn't bought anything yet
>>
>>48239607
Did not look at your image, nevermind my second question. :D
>>
>>48235292
Germany here. Absolutely dead in the local fgs but really alive in the GW. Summer campaign already has 30+ people participating and there will be a big Path of Glory store campaign once the Handbook hits. All Sylvaneth models except two boxes of Dryads were sold out and it is impossible to find circle bases unless you are there on the day they are delivered or mailorder them yourself. Usually 1 table is occupied with AoS.
>>
>>48241372
>>48241386
>>48241402
You're not gonna tell me you have those pages but nothing of the bonesplitterz?
>>
>>48239784

If you find AoS rules difficult, you might need to find a simpler game. Like checkers.
>>
>>48241399
WoC are still fairly chunky models, I find anything above ten to be fairly unwieldy. The save bonus is nice, but the first time you get stuck in terrain of charged by multiple units because of your huge pile of dudes you'll learn to appreciate smaller units.
Khorne has still at least one unit waiting in the wings, the Khorgorath, but given the current rumor mill, that might still be a ways out.
>>
>>48241487
I have those pages but nothing on bonesplitterz.
>>
>>48237257
How did Archaon get the eye back?
>>
>>48241437
Where in Germany? Over here it's kind of a mixed bag.
>>
>>48241107
Neat when was this?
>>
Are Pink Horrors worthwhile if you're not Summoning? Now with the Rule of 1 saying you can't spam Arcane Bolt or Shield, their shooting attack is meh (though still the only shooting Battleline for Daemons) and they suck in melee. Better to skip for other things? Or is the ability to have another Bolt platform so your other Wizards can do other things worthwhile?
>>
>>48239753
I've seen pics of the artifacts, any confirmation on Lores available?
>>
File: Archy1.jpg (821 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archy1.jpg
821 KB, 1536x2000
>>48237257
The Eye only gives him sight into the possible near-future. Just a few moments into the future. He still has in these few moments plan the perfect counter and reaction to whatever he is facing and what do do next. It's a useful item for duels but useless in long term planning and battle planning.

There have been some exceptions where the Eye showed him the far future but that only happen at epic moments like his crowning or the destruction of the old world.

I mean WHY do you think Archaon strived hard to enslave the Nine and the Daemon Oracle of the Vault? Because these guys can show him the far future.

>>48241545
While Archaon was floating in space (picture related), the Chaos Gods gathered the shards of the Eye of Shreein and smacked it into Archaon's head again.

The newly reforged Eye showed Archaon a vision of his ultimate destiny.
>>
>>48241734
As you can see here >>48240607 only abilities and artifacts. There is no new spell lore in the GH.
>>
>>48234910
Thinking of running cool gryph-hounds for my dwarf force, does the new pitched battles allow the integration of other factions like stormcast with dwarfs? if not where does it say in the pitched battle rules
>>
>>48241825
You still can bring whatever you want for Pitched, even mixing Grand Alliances. You just get bonuses depending on your army makeup. Dwarfs and Stormcast are both Order, so you still get access to the Traits and Artifacts of Order.
>>
>>48241825
You can combine anything with the same Grand Alliance keyword. You can combine anything order, anything chaos, anything death and anything destruction. Thus you can take gryphhounds with dorfs.
>>
>>48235292
Its all Australia mate, my local GW shop's has sold over 30 starter boxes within the year, rather than 8th, where they only sold 14 island of bloods over its entire shelf existence, plus we have had 2 extremely successful AoS game days consisting of singles and doubles matchers. I don't know about you guys but here AoS is a huge hit.
>>
File: da rules.jpg (64 KB, 544x351) Image search: [Google]
da rules.jpg
64 KB, 544x351
>>48241869
>You still can bring whatever you want for Pitched, even mixing Grand Alliances.
Nope.
>>
>>48236645
Its like the ultimate match-up between Skeletor and the Black Knight from Monty Python. There's no winners, really, just a lot of frustrated disappointment.
>>
>>48241891
Is Island of Blood worth getting for the Skaven bits?
>>
>>48242059
yes, especially the weapon teams and the rat ogres
>>
File: LVOarmylist.jpg (536 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
LVOarmylist.jpg
536 KB, 2550x3300
Ok I revised my army list. Thanks to the suggestions, I think it looks better now.
>>
>>48242221

Love the formatting on it.
>>
>>48242059
It depends on what you can get it for, if you can get it cheaply it could be good, but considering that the Skryre and Moulder stuff has been split into different factions from Verminus you should be careful and look at the contents, then look through how they play together.

Otherwise I'd say its good, you get two units of twenty clanrats, a warlord, and a few of those sweet plastic Rat Ogres (Which are difficult to find.)
>>
>>48242221
what do you think of the dwarf units/points in the handbook?

The limited battleline is brutal. Hope they come out with some new Dawi options soon.
>>
>>48242326
I think we will get an update in the future. There have been some rumors about it incoming.

But I really don't mind so much, because Longbeards are a really awesome battleline unit. A unit with a decent attack, decent defense, AND can buff other units.
>>
>>48242363
im doing this for my stores gw campaign, what do you think about running miners and bugmans rangers (the unit of quarrelers that bugman can take) so that half the army can infiltrate, and run some longbeards and warriors/thunderers + warmachines for the main force?
>>
>>48241264
are they fucking serious with this pic?
>>
>>48242464
Seems pretty solid. The bugmans rangers will give you some mobility so you can get behind the lines and take out your enemies warmachines or wizards.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 499x514) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 499x514
urge to get free guild general on griffon, rising.
>>
>>48240734
>tossing the standard bearer
Are you crazy
>>
All I'm waiting for is the return of Thanquol. Confirmed to be alive, still missing in the new lore... What is he doing?
>>
>>48242625

He is the great horned rat now
>>
File: 1313.jpg (1 MB, 1287x857) Image search: [Google]
1313.jpg
1 MB, 1287x857
epubs when?
gotta rip the art better for the gallery
>>
>>48242621
Toss this guys opinion and take another 60 clan rats.
>>
>>48242647
>those chaos warriors standing randomly around the skaven battleline

Fuck me this looks so wrong.
>>
>>48242639
If this is true, consider my mind blown... but sadly it's not
>>
>>48242625
The Allgate book mentions the supreme leader of the Masterclan. He brokered a deal between the rest of the Skaven and Clans Pestilens.

It might be Thanqoul.
>>
>>48242692
>>
>>48242647
From where is this art piece?
>>
>>48242735
the guy on fire doesn't really look like he's in any distress

>did I put my armor on right?
>I hope it doesn't make me look fat

Check the two warriors under the rat ogre, brooding about how uncool the battle is.
>>
File: 94.png (332 KB, 400x484) Image search: [Google]
94.png
332 KB, 400x484
>>48242692
>those skaven standing randomly around the chaos battleline
ftfy
it's CHAOS grand alliance, ratboy, go get your seat next to the goats
>mfw the great withering is nurgle taking over pestilens
>>
>>48242734

Thanquol getting a better end than Gotrek & Felix? Shyamalan writing for GW?
>>
>>48242782
Looking in the opposite direction to the battle while a slayer barrels towards their backs. Amazing art.
>>
>>48242735
I have no idea what the flaming chaos guy is doing. He has no weapons and reached for his burning collar? And both him and his buddy look away from the Fyreslayer/Stormcast fuckcrew infront of them.
>>
>Nine they numbered, and each had beneath him nine hundred and ninety-nine disciples, divided into distinct orders and ranks that sometimes changed based upon the tides of fate or perhaps even the whim of a mad god.When one Gaunt Summoner was present, it was an occasion of great import; when all nine gathered, doom and calamity on a vast scale was afoot. It was they who created the Whisperfane, the impossible architecture that straddled both the Realm of Chaos and reality, a mind-warping place that simple mortals referred to in legends whispered in fear. A Silver Tower they called it – a simple name for something so complex that its very concept could twist the sanest of minds well beyond madness. By solemn pact and threat of soul destruction, the Gaunt Summoners obeyed the command of Archaon, the Everchosen. Yet they answered also to Tzeentch, the Changer of the Ways. Now they gathered, the Coven of Nine launching forth a daemontide that would haunt the Mortal Realms for centuries. Soon, such would be the fate of the realms for all eternity. But now was not their time. Not yet…

Tzeentch confirmed for winning the mortal realms.
>>
File: 00.jpg (966 KB, 924x1200) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
966 KB, 924x1200
>>48242752
davidsondered's deviantart, the artist said it was done for balance of power but it doesn't feature there.

the more recent GW freelancing artists upload their pieces online, by googling you should find some (very few) that don't appear on the books or aren't present in a clean format like covers.
>>
>>48242734
>Thanquol
>ever being successful at anything

I love the guy, my favourite character from Gotrek and Felix, but man, please don't let him be competent in AoS. Endtimes was borderline because while he actually did get some shit done it blew the whole planet up in the end, something I'd certainly file under "Failed taking over the world attempt".
>>
>>48242981
Nah, he'll be foiled by his arch-enemy, Tzeentch. For a while it'll seem like Tzeentch will help, undoing the damage Tzeentch did Tzeentch's scheme, but further interference from Tzeentch (acting to pre-empt another plot by Tzeentch) will screw up everything for good.
>>
>>48242828
Meh, Pestilens always was kinda nurgly, although their rot is more Horned Rat than anything, a god that is confirmed to be real and not Nurgle being a troll.

But wtf are the Goats up to in AoS? Malagor and Gorthor were actually serious threats in fantasy.
>>
File: img3d3711566f422.jpg (46 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
img3d3711566f422.jpg
46 KB, 600x405
>>48242548

>that feel when got the smaller elector count on griffon model
>play dumb when people try to say they should be able to shoot it because the newer model is massive
>>
>>48243113

I have the new Karl Franz on deathclaw and frankly I'm considering getting a second kit for a free guild general just because it's such a great model. Oddly cheap for how big it is too
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.