[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: DX3_Boxguard_Droid_3d.jpg (60 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
DX3_Boxguard_Droid_3d.jpg
60 KB, 1024x682
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>46943880
>Doberman Aiming Hack.actsoft
>Ares Drone catalog 2076.pdf
>Noizquitos: Harmless Prank or the WORST Prank.txt
>Drone Shooters.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Shutdown? I can't let you do that Dave"
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Drone Love.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

What drones does your team have? What drones do they love and which do they designate prime target everytime?
>>
I'll ask in the new thread.
What's the best robot body for a popstar robut?
>>
>>48228289
Direktionssekretär with Realistic Features 4.

Level 4 is quite expensive though, you might want to start at 3.
>>
>>48228369
Perhaps I'll just get a super cheap one and make it do pop-star dance moves until I get enough money for the expensive ones.
How well do you think those sword-arm robots can dance?
>>
File: I'm at a loss.png (52 KB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
I'm at a loss.png
52 KB, 346x360
>>48228240
Hey chummers:
got a bit of a pickle for you.
My DM seems to go pretty heavy into the mundane/matrix/astral 3 way split, with (for example) my extremely chromed up street sam being explicitly unaware of pretty much anything magic.
I was wondering if there's a splat book/place in the core book you guys could direct me to about that.
or inform me about it, idk.
>>
File: 1446559595360.jpg (50 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1446559595360.jpg
50 KB, 960x640
Anyone who doesn't have a Condor miniblimp or a Mini-Zep with them on every run is missing out. You gain way more from inconspicuous aerial surveillance than any risk that the target might try to get into the drone. It's only a couple grand to leave behind if necessary, you can move it into position and send it away easily and reclaim it from wherever, and it's a lot easier than having the decker also hack GridGuide to watch traffic for incoming reinforcements, or to keep fighting the spider for control of exterior cameras.
>>
>>48228419
Probably well enough as long as your virtual AI ass has the moves.

Dancing normally falls under Gymnastics (and AGI you don't have), but a kind GM would lett you use Performance instead.

Otherwise, Pilot Origins, Depth of 6 and an innate Dancing autosoft works too.
>>
File: Mage Subtle.jpg (90 KB, 490x700) Image search: [Google]
Mage Subtle.jpg
90 KB, 490x700
>>48228442
>Sukie Redflower 5 is an abomination. Thanks to the power of organizations like Horizon, the popular perception of shamans is that they’re either beautiful NAN princesses or weathered Amerind men wearing feathers and smoking peyote. Granted, there are some people like that out there, but the stereotypes do harm in the expectations they create. The media portrayal of magic is fundamentally flawed. Magic is normally an invisible process to the non-Awakened. A normal can no more discern the casting of a spell than a casual shopper can read the coding behind a sales algorithm directed against them. But this invisibility doesn’t look great on camera, so media outlets find ways to portray spellcasters as different and readily identifiable. Shamans are reduced to old men dressed in outdated tribal gear and mages return to the robes of Tolkien fantasy.
>In rare cases we can see the physical effects of magic, and this is the type of magic the media tends to like. The portrayal of magic in the Sixth World leads to a strange separation from the reality of what it means to be Awakened and how the Awakened are viewed by the average person.
SG p.12

Usually a mundane can't see much to do with magic- unless it's a manifested spirit or a physical spell, there's very little to notice.

If you're talking about "The GM says my character doesn't know that there are different traditions or different types of spirit," that's something else and a dick move. You can argue that your sammy has a trid subscription and has read a book or two, so they have a basic idea of at least what the media shows. Otherwise, take a point in Arcana and say you read the accessible parts of the Digital Grimoire over the weekend.
>>
>>48228576
no, no. it's the former, my GM isn't that kind of dick.
I can actually work that into roleplay, nice.

Thanks, anon.
>>
File: Tower Defense.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Tower Defense.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>48228240
>which do they designate prime target every time

Fucking

Rail

Turrets

Every time, EVERY TIME you think the run is going well, someone trips an alarm and those bastards come scooting out from every corner. It got so bad at one point that we started carrying caulking guns and squirting shit into the tracks whenever we saw them, hoping to slow down the inevitable.
>>
>>48228467
> ^o^

Tell me I'm not the only one seeing this?
>>
File: Temp.jpg (58 KB, 636x411) Image search: [Google]
Temp.jpg
58 KB, 636x411
>>48228467
Speaking of zeps.

I've got a steampunk-themed Rigger in one of my groups that really, really wants a Mobile Sky Fortress, even if in actuality it's just a floating base he can chill out in and watch old trids between runs instead of something he can use to terrorize the barrens and rule over a chunk of the area as Steam Lord.

I feel like there are definite problems to loitering around the city in his magnificent display of brass-plated opulence, the least of which being how high-profile such a thing is, but I can't really find the words to explain them to him. Is he going to get pulled over by Sky Cops? Will people be taking potshots at the blimp? Is his blimp going to be restricted to certain zones or lawless areas like the barrens?

I don't know what the hell.
>>
>>48230123

Never really played Shadow Run all too much, but the group I'm with wants me to GM a campaign. The leveling system seems interesting. So my question is, from a GM perspective, how many enemies/situations should a single character have to overcome (killing them, subduing them, befriending them, whichever) in order to level up?
>>
>>48229863
I see it anon. You are not hallucinating....at least not that face. If it's saying things you should probably lay off the shrooms.
>>
File: 1466402753785.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466402753785.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>48230150
A) Shadowrun, all one word

B) There is no leveling up- there's no level system. Players earn money (to spend on physical items) and karma (which they can spend on learning new skills, improving attributes, etc.). Both are spent at their own pace. You might save up a bunch to splurge on something big, or spend it in drips and drabs.

C) There's some tables and advice in core, 371, for run rewards.
>>
>>48228240
>Last Viewed Files: >>46943880
>>48198479
>>
>>48230236
Ah. I see. Maybe I shouldn't GM something I know nothing about.

Eh. Fuck it. Ruleboks for the win I suppose. Thanks for the info anon.
>>
Hey /srg/ relatively new Shadowrunner here. Check out my build, let me know what you think.
Icarus "Godhand" Cold
METATYPE: HUMAN
B 5, A 5/7, R 5, S 6/9, W 3, L 2, I 2, C 4, ESS 2.94, EDG 3

Armor: 20
Limits: Physical 10, Mental 3, Social 9
Physical Initiative: 7+2D6
Matrix Initiative: 6+3D6
Active Skills: Athletics Group 1, Automatics 6, Automotive Mechanic 1, Blades 6, Con 1, Escape Artist 1, Etiquette 1, Exotic Ranged Weapon: Parashield Dart Pistol 1, First Aid 1, Intimidation 1, Leadership 1, Locksmith 1, Negotiation 0, Perception 5, Pilot Ground Craft 1, Stealth Group 1, Throwing Weapons 1, Unarmed Combat 1
Knowledge Skills: Corp Security 2, Seattle 2, Shadowrunning 2
Languages: English N, German 2
Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision
Qualities: Dependent(s) (2): Donnick Cold (Younger Brother), Driven: Finding parent's murderer (5dicepool (4)), Guts, Night Vision, Prototype Transhuman: Wanted, Quick Healer, Signature: Ballistic Mask, Vendetta, Wanted
Augmentations:
Adrenaline Pump (Alphaware) (1)
Bone Density Augmentation (Alphaware) (2)
Boosted Reflexes (Prototype) (Alphaware) w/ Prototype Transhuman
Muscle Augmentation (Alphaware) (2)
Muscle Toner (Alphaware) (2)
Myostatin Inhibitor
Orthoskin (Alphaware) (2)
Stalwart Endosont (Prototype) w/ Prototype Transhuman
Symbiotes (Alphaware) (2)
Tailored Pheromones (Alphaware) (2)
Vehicles:
Harley-Davidson Scorpion [Handling 4/3, Speed 4, Accel 2, Body 8, Armor 9, Pilot 1, Sensor 2, Seats 1]
Gear:
Spoof chip
>>
>>48230137
>Sky Cops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMCiWPp3hYk
>>
>>48230385
Cont.
Gear:
Backpack
Ballistic Mask w/ Image Link, Sensor Array (8)
Camera (1) w/ Vision Magnification, Electronic
Certified Credstick, Gold
Climbing Gear
Clothes w/ Electrochromic Modification
Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Smartlink
Datachip x10
Ear buds (3) w/ Select Sound Filter (1), Spatial Recognizer
Eldridge Smoak w/ (12 months) DocWagon Basic Contract, Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Middle Lifestyle, (1 month) Symbiotes Food (2)
Endoscope
Erika Elite w/ Mapsoft: Seattle, Sim Module
Jammer, Area (4)
Light Stick x10
Medkit (3)
Metal Restraints
Micro-Tranceiver
Myomeric Rope (m) x50
Nanotattoos (Hard) (3)
Rapelling Gloves
Sleeping Tiger w/ Biomonitor, Custom Fit, Drag Handle, Electrochromic Modification, Holster, Newest Model, Ruthenium Polymer Coating (3), Shock Weave, Synergist Business Line Longcoat
Standard Rope (m) x50
Stim Patch (1) x10
Subvocal Microphone
Survival Kit
Tag Eraser
White Noise Generator (4)
Weapons:
Colt M23 w/ (10x) Explosive Rounds, Flashlight, Foregrip, Gas-Vent System (3), Gecko Grip, Guncam, (50x) Hollow Points, Imaging Scope, (50x) Regular Ammo, Sling, Smartgun System, Internal, (2x) Spare Clips, (10x) Stealth Tag Tracker, Tracker

Ares Predator V w/ Advanced Safety System, (50x) Explosive Rounds, (10x) Flare, Gas-Vent System (3), Gecko Grip, Guncam, (10x) Hollow Points, Laser Sight, (50x) Regular Ammo, Smartgun System, Internal, Spare Clips, Tracker

Parashield Dart Pistol w/ Gecko Grip, (50x) Injection Darts, Narcoject, Laser Sight, Smartgun System, Internal

Cougar Fineblade Knife, Short Blade w/ Gecko Grip

Survival Knife w/ Gecko Grip

Ares "One" Monosword w/ Gecko Grip

Flash-Bang Grenade x2
Fragmentation Grenade
Smoke Grenade x2

Contacts:
Script Kiddie (Connection 2, Loyalty 4)
ID Manufacturer (Connection 4, Loyalty 1)
Arms Dealer (Connection 4, Loyalty 1)
>>
File: Pretend.png (86 KB, 541x486) Image search: [Google]
Pretend.png
86 KB, 541x486
>>48230137
You can be a Steam Lord of the Aether, so long as nobody with the power to stop you wants to stop you. Technically, someone has jurisdiction of the airspace over the Barrens, and it probably falls under the aegis of Knight Errant to police it, but as with the ground policing nobody has incentive to go in there and enforce the law.

Tell your Rigger that every other area of the city will have policed skylanes to make it safe for traffic (especially Downtown, where skyhoppers ferry around the rich and powerful between skyscrapers), but so long as they stay out of air traffic's way and they don't start dropping clockwork firebombs, they're not going to get in official trouble. I'd recommend getting some license papers from a bribeable clerk at the Metroplex Air Transit Authority to be safe, broadcast those whenever they get pinged.

The gangs on the ground will have a problem with them, or random people who want them to get out of the light, but if they're polite about where they fly and negotiate with the ground peasants it's possible.
>>
>>48230404
I made him using the Sum to 10 system by the way.
>>
>>48230277
fug anon, sorry
>>
>>48230385
>Icarus Cold
Interesting name.
>>
>>48230419
I'm so glad people are still posting that image.

Also, if that rigger kept some smaller aircraft on the zep, they could get a lot of work in the smuggling business.

>captcha is airplanes

Fucking right, captcha.
>>
>>48230505
>>>48198479
Thanks, I thought it up on the fly the other day and had one of those "that's definitely gonna be his name" moments.
>>
>>48230527
Didn't mean to link the other thread.
>>
File: Edgy.jpg (156 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
Edgy.jpg
156 KB, 373x327
>>48230385
>Fancy First Name McToughguy Last Name
>prototype transhuman
>driven to find murderer of parents
>signature ballistic mask (which isn't the custom version)

I'm just mad that he's called Godhand but doesn't even have a cyberhand
>>
>>48230586
I made him through Hero Lab, don't really know how to get the custom version on there. How does the book detail it?

His runner name was something I'm still not sure of. Just thought of something cool, and threw it on there.
>>
>>48230586
And he's a street sam basically, of course he's gonna be an edge lord.
>>
File: 1462338013780.jpg (116 KB, 1000x840) Image search: [Google]
1462338013780.jpg
116 KB, 1000x840
>>48230523
I'm assuming that rigger is getting a Wasp he's going to fit into the Mothership, or maybe something larger with racks for flying drones he can unleash when he gets to the runsite.
>>
>>48230586
Scratch >>48230622 I figured out how to make it custom.
>>
Okay /srg/, what's your favorite spell?
What's your favorite useful spell?
>>
So I'm trying to construct the Crysis Nanosuit (for those that do not know: crysis.wikia.com/wiki/Nanosuit) and wanted to ask: Which of these options do you think fits best:
1) Focus entirely on a suit, modding it to increase the abilities (Milspec maybe?)
2) Recreate the abilities through Augmentation (Orthoskin for the armor, Muscle Replacement for Strength,...)
3) A combination of the first two options, Relegating some aspects into the Armor (Cloak) and some into Cyber (Strength)
>>
>>48231433
Depends, is it going to be a PC or an NPC?

Just asking because Milspec Armor should be very hard for PC's to get ahold of.
>>
>>48231416
Sunbeam. In both cases. Sure, it's got a slightly less common niche in its uses than Ice Storm, but in those niches it pretty damn good.
>>
>>48231416
Orgy.
Orgy.
>>
>>48231467
supposed to be an NPC, availability wise there is a lot of leeway
>>
>>48231485
Oh, then I'd recommend both.

Im currently creating a BBEG that is basically Ozymandias, and I'm going to homebrew a bunch of Nano augments for him. So for NPC's, especially the BBEG, I'd say homebrewing some things for him wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
>>
File: God-Hand.jpg (157 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
God-Hand.jpg
157 KB, 1280x960
>>48230586
>cyberhand
>not a GMfiat vat-grown augmented bioarm enchanted to be a weapon focus

You're not going to Dragon Kick anybody's ass into the Milky Way with that weak shit, anon.
>>
>>48231482
storytime?
>>
>>48231560
kek
I assumed the runner name would spawn some sort of reference.
>>
File: Boo 2.gif (5 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
Boo 2.gif
5 MB, 450x253
>>48231560
>Dragon Kick
>His name is Godhand

He should punch. All day, erry day, punch the day away. If he is not punching, something has gone wrong, and it should be corrected so that he may resume punching as soon as possible.
>>
>>48231632
Like a fuckin rockem sockem robot
>>
>>48231632
Don't act like you don't like the Ballbuster! (Ballbuster!)
>>
File: Power Hug.jpg (424 KB, 965x714) Image search: [Google]
Power Hug.jpg
424 KB, 965x714
>>48231663
Damn right.
>>
>>48231692
MY ARM
>>
>>48231734
MY ARM
>>
File: GodHandCoverArtAlternate.png (482 KB, 700x560) Image search: [Google]
GodHandCoverArtAlternate.png
482 KB, 700x560
>>48231759
MY ARM
>>
>>48231792
MY ARM
>>
>>48231824
MY ARM
>>
>>48231838
I summon up the powers of the GOD HAND!
>>
>>48230289
The simple rule (once you read the dang thing) is to reward more karma if they get the run completed as good as expected, and bonus nuyen and karma if it goes better than expected. Kills/KOs shouldn't be rewarded at all unless that's what the contractor wants.
>>
>>48228240
I love those BoxTanks.
They don't look like particularly effective battlefield tanks, but given that their purpose is urban security against infantry and other lightly armored foes their design doesn't seem too stupid at all.
>>
>>48228576
>Usually a mundane can't see much to do with magic- unless it's a manifested spirit or a physical spell, there's very little to notice.
However, they'll be aware shit is coming/happening if they roll high enough on perception, possibly with better expectations based on knowledge: magical threats. Low force & high spellcasting help mitigate this.
>>
Anyone got a link to a mass 4e book download/chummer? preferably not mediafire because i don't have a pro account.
>>
File: Contempt For Pleb.png (67 KB, 157x210) Image search: [Google]
Contempt For Pleb.png
67 KB, 157x210
>>48232443
>I Don't Lurk, Or Even Understand The Basic Principles Behind Lurking: The Post
>>
>>48228442

Magical things around a mundane might not be obvious, but they definitely won't be completely impossible to notice. The 5th ed CRB has a bit on "Perceiving Magic", and it mentions things like the air shimmering where there's a spirit, or feeling chills when magic is in the area. It's all pretty subtle so you've got to roll to notice it.
>>
>>48231416
I'm going to be boring and say fireball
there's no problem that can't be solved by putting enough force into a fireball
>>
>>48232423
If a character has high charisma and/or willpower you could maybe(?) make them roll at a significant disadvantage to "feel" if something's up if there's something astral and invisible but strong nearby. I'd generally stick with the split if a spirit or something like that isn't interacting with the physical plane, though. Even though characters who aren't awakened still have something in them, it's called being "awakened" as opposed to asleep/dormant/inactive for a reason.
>>
Where do you get 4e version chummer on the chummer site? i have the 5e version
>>
File: 1460392452206.jpg (105 KB, 534x924) Image search: [Google]
1460392452206.jpg
105 KB, 534x924
>>48232981
chummergen, the old site
>>
File: 1437959545194.jpg (160 KB, 1844x1210) Image search: [Google]
1437959545194.jpg
160 KB, 1844x1210
>>48232461
I lurked /tg/ for two years and my first post was an OP shitpost that hit the bump limit just fine
>>
File: Doubt.jpg (144 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.jpg
144 KB, 1440x1080
>>48233050
>>
File: raymond-minnaar-exodus.jpg (159 KB, 919x1300) Image search: [Google]
raymond-minnaar-exodus.jpg
159 KB, 919x1300
>>48232443

Check the pastebin, you dumb trog.
>>
Does anyone have recommendations when it comes to good Adept powers for a face adept ?
>>
>>48233586
Commanding Voice, Cool Resolve, Improved Ability (probably keyed to foci), etc. A bunch of the 'transformation' powers (Voice Control, Melanin Control, etc.) will help you do social infiltration too if you're interested in that.
>>
Are there any stats ANYWHERE for adding rockets to your arm so you punch harder?
>>
>>48233861
You could fluff an Unarmed Combat optimization as that.

But no, even in it's sillier moments Shadowrun is not one of your Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>48233900
>Shadowrun is not one of your Chinese cartoons.
I don't believe you.
>>
>>48233900
>is not one of your Chinese cartoons.

dude
shadowrun totally has the anime style rocket punches.

Putting rockets to punch harder is not the anime style though
the anime style is sending your fist flying towards the enemy.
Which is in the cyberware book for 5e.

The type of "rockets to punch harder" rocket punch on the other hand is more western style of rocket punch, and that isn't on any book I know.
>>
File: Troll It Was The 70's.png (327 KB, 298x491) Image search: [Google]
Troll It Was The 70's.png
327 KB, 298x491
>>48233929
And yet. This is the brand of dumb that Shadowrun has, not animu.
>>
>>48233900

my 50 years old catgirl loli that wields a giant claymore says otherwise
>>
>>48233968
goddamnit.
I can get a rocketto punch, but I can't get the ROCKETFIST
>>
Is there a full cyborg race in 4e?
>>
Rigger anon here. I am now a namefag, if I set this up right. How do I set up a test for my new character?
>>
>>48234046
You kill yourself for pointless namefaggotry.

Then you play a session.
>>
>>48233995
The closest thing to full cyborg is a Cyberzombie or a Brain in a Jar. Neither of which are real playable options.
>>
>>48234065
You see, no one I know is running any shadowrun stuff, and I'm not going to be free for a while. Is there some sort of premade run I could do? Also, fuck you too.
>>
Why does my 4e chummer not have any metavariants for races?
>>
File: 1463262578834.jpg (898 KB, 1920x2940) Image search: [Google]
1463262578834.jpg
898 KB, 1920x2940
>>48234104
Yes, modules exist.

No, you can't play them by yourself without a GM or other players.

Yes, you're a fucking idiot who wasted a few hours making a character he has no way of playing, and is a doublefaggot for using a name for no reason.
>>
>>48234143
You probably don't have the books enabled? Only reason I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
>>48234145
Wow, sir, you are very rude. I'm going to have to ask you to calm down and dull your edge
>>
>>48234248
He's rude but that doesn't mean he's wrong.
>>
So a player of mine wants to own a bar; what disadvantages should he take? I was going to suggest day job and sin (local)
>>
File: 1466472246420.png (572 KB, 792x1090) Image search: [Google]
1466472246420.png
572 KB, 792x1090
>>48233779
Hmm yeah, focusing less on social infiltration and more on leadership/con.

Took Raven Mentor for Con and Voice Control, Improved Con, Cool Resolve, Commandaing Voice, Authoritative Tone, Kinesics and Improved Perception.

Instead of the standard disguise/bodymod route I wanted to see if I could have a build where you don't need to do so much disguise.
>>
>>48234382
Take Blandness First Impression. You hit the person you're talking to hard (with your words instead of your aluminum laced fists) and then fade from memory afterwards.
>>
>>48233900
>Shadowrun is not one of your Chinese cartoons
Yes. Soooo much yes.
Thank you anon.
>>
File: 1450354812267.png (29 KB, 183x238) Image search: [Google]
1450354812267.png
29 KB, 183x238
>>48234805
So, does a street sam/weapons specialist have anything they should be spending their cash on /besides/ cyberware, new guns (if I need them), and random repairs for things?
I feel like saving up 70 or so thousand for chroming up even more seems a bit much, there's got to be something I'm missing.
>>
>>48234364
Yeah, he's definitely going to need a SIN if his business is legit. I'd give him an "old friend" dependent as well, a la Norm from Cheers. Basically someone who's name he'd scream if his bar gets hit.

>>48234419
>with your words instead of your fists
Putting some points into melee as an adept face might actually be damn useful if negotiations and such go sour, since you're typically at close range. Like grabbing the person as a hostage/shield or smacking a bitch who's gonna snitch.
>>
>>48234873
didn't mean to quote, sorry.
>>
>>48234873
There's a street Sam build earlier in this thread >>48230385 >>48230404 if you need a bit of reference.
>>
>>48234921
that is actually pretty damn helpful.
Thanks.
>>
>>48234873
Whatever their hobby is. Bribes. New contacts. Retirement.

I managed that last one with a straight face for one moment after I typed it out. But if you can manage that, it's gonna be interesting.
>>
>>48234933
No problem anon. That's what these threads are here for.
>>
>>48234046
Try setting up a roll20 and putting yourself in a couple combat situations to see how he holds up in that regard.
>>
>>48234873
Contacts, medicine, faction payoffs, lifestyle, vehicles, safe houses, b&e items, non-lethals

These can be spread across the party but make sure someone has them. It's really good to get some medical ability as a street sam because you're likely to be one of the last to drop and need that medical attention, plus you're gonna be in close to the action if shit hits the fan regardless of what more circumstantial members decide to do in the run's planning stage.
>>
>>48234980
Yeah, I decided to have my character fight his evil clone. It was great, my sniper drone punched right through the vans armor, and killed him dead.
>>
>>48232959
Nah, mate. It's called "read, nigga, read!"

Perceiving Magic. Core page 280. It's got a big red title in the contents page at the start of the book. Can't miss it.

>Noticing magic is a Simple Perception + Intuition [Mental] Test with a threshold equal to the Skill Rating of the being performing it minus the Force of the magic, or 6 – Force if there’s no skill involved (minimum 1 in either case).

>For example, if a magician with Spellcasting 6 casts a Force 4 manabolt, the threshold for spotting her do it
is 2 (Skill Rating 6 – Force 4).

>If you just stepped through a Force 5 ward, the threshold to notice the markings or feel the tingle is 1 (6 – Force 5).

>You get a + 2 dice pool modifier on this test if you have any magic-related Active or Knowledge Skill.
>>
>I would like to request a house rule option that charges karma for increasing attributes without the metahuman base stat. ie If a Troll increases Body from 5 (starting value) to 6 it should only charge as if going from 1 to 2.

>The attribute cost increase by multiples in Shadowrun is already extremely high and making metahumans pay even more for just increasing their base cost is rediculous. The advantage of extra dice reduces as you increase your pool it does not increase so the costs should not increase.

>However, as a group we have houseruled that Metahumans should not have to pay the extra as a base fix for this.

Was this one of you idiots?
>>
>>48235189
>The advantage of extra dice reduces as you increase your pool it does not increase so the costs should not increase.

Am I stroking out or does this not make sense?
>>
>>48235189
Most likely.
>>
>>48235209
There's a bit of yes and no to that. The minor thing is that most attributes aren't going to get you to that point without a large investment in skill too.

The major thing, though, is that attributes do more than just form die pools with skills (while most skills do nothing but form die pools with attributes), and so +1 die from an attribute increase tends to do much more than that same +1 die would if it came from a skill increase.
>>
>>48235209
Does he maybe mean that one extra die is less meaningful when you alreay have 20? But that's not the point he's arguing, he's arguing that it is unfair for troll to pay immensely more karma to become average (in troll terms) than a human to become average (in human terms)
>>
>>48235377
>he's arguing that it is unfair for troll to pay immensely more karma to become average (in troll terms) than a human to become average (in human terms)

makes sense to me
the troll is already paying for being a troll by having to put what, c or b priority in metatype? Or paying a bunch of karma with karma gen.
>>
File: 1404777698916.gif (115 KB, 150x143) Image search: [Google]
1404777698916.gif
115 KB, 150x143
Hey all, I made my first character a bit ago, and my GM and group were somwhat poking fun for having my cash be "that low", but I thought that's kind of retarded.

I put skills and max, attrributes second, metatype third, and resources fourth, leaving me with a "small" 50k nuyen.
The way I see it, raising skills and attributes with karma is fucking hard, and I can use that shit on contacts, or just put points into the (very few) normal skills I don't have, or starting knowledge skills.
Getting nuyen is "easy" it's the point of running, right? because it's profitable. I can always buy more shit, but making myself smarter or stronger later seems like a massive investment each time. Plus, most runners would be at least mildly exceptional (dunno if that's the right phrase), Imo, so they aren't just random ganger, and actually shouldn't start with that much gear or cash, in which case why are they fucking running.
Is my logic sound?
>>
>>48235445
The main advantages to starting with karma is that you're getting stuff at base price and immediately. For a street sam or weapon master type, you want it because it's a big improvement now and that can make huge differences.

And have you seen the average ganger stats? They are not impressive by any standards.
>>
>>48235548
>starting with karma
I mean, I'm using priority, but I made sure to snag a couple things with my free 25 karma to positives, and even used getting fitting negative skills pretty effectively, without min-maxing at all.
they're just jokingly giving me flak for "only" having 50k cash to buy shit with, 60k if i were to put shit into karma to cash (which I don't think is the best deal, but might do for some cyberware)
>>
>>48235623
Yeah. I mixed things up somehow. But the thing is that even A rank resources isn't much to live on. You're certainly well outfitted, but you ain't retiring on it unless you wanted a cot in a re-purposed barracks or the like.

And for a non-special attribute type, the benefits of lots of 'ware, drugs, gear, and more can't be understated. Some orthoskin and bone lacing can be an incredible life saver. Wired Reflexes can make of one man a huge threat. Heck, I've got a Techno build that has most resources eaten up by hardwires and a tricked out Arm Of DOOM.
>>
>>48235420
>c or b priority in metatype?
A or B. C if you take shapeshifter and pay for troll with karma.
>>
>>48235695
>A or B
Yeah, putting A or B on metatype is a huge opportunity cost right there. And if you think how karma costs if you're gonna be a troll you better put that B in stats because it's gonna be a long time before you get enough karma to increase any of your attributes once you start the game.
>>
Is there a quality anywhere to reflect having a REALLY embarrassing past?

Like, think of enzo's progress from AWFUL child to hardcore e-bounty hunter in reboot. something like that.
>>
If you don't like being a troll because you believe the cost of being one is too high, then don't be a troll. Or take your meta type at an E and give him the same starting stat block as a human.
>>
>>48235871
Some lesser version of Bad Rep or Big Regret.
>>
>>48235882
Seeing as the only benefit of being human is that you get to take that meta at an E priority.
>>
>>48235871
>having a REALLY embarrassing past?
That's literally the definition of Big Regret.
>>
soon, soon the cyber-limbs will begin happening...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia3P-_RHVWQ

what do you guys think of this?
I like just the fact that a video game with such good(in my opinion anyway) aesthetics of design in terms of prosthetics is working to make it's fantasy closer to reality...
>>
>>48236070
>Open Bionics x Deus Ex x Razer
>x Razer

It's a really cool vid though, just that they're making some sort of progress like that in the field of prosthetics is awesome. Razer's CEO is surprisingly charismatic too.
>>
>>48236237
the part I like is that people peddling cyberpunk are in some way also working to make it happen...nobody can do that with steampunk...

companies in particular be damned. it's becoming a reality.

I even liked the newest Deus Ex game(never sure here how people take games I like) and when I imagine a street in shadowrun I imagine it looking like the setting scenes Human Revolution with the odd magic juju visible but nearly indistinguishable from all of the adverts...I may have read and loved Neuromancer long ago. but what I imagine when you say Cyberpunk is that, all the way down...
>>
If I equip an anthropomorphic drone with a melee weapon, how do I know its strength rating?

I assume it's somewhere in rigger 5.0 but I don't have the book with me right now
>>
>>48236482
If you didn't modify the arm or it's a reach zero weapon built into the drone, Body.
>>
>>48236482
You use the drone's body stat for all tests involving a physical attribute I believe. At least that's how fourth did it.
>>
>>48236500
>>48236503
Oh makes sense I guess.
I was thinking about hacking a servant drone and having it go berserk with a kitchen knife or some other household weapon, but I didn't know how much damage it could do.
>>
>>48236550
Obviously, you need to pose as a drone upgrade salesman and offer a free trial period (only pay for attachment and removal if you don't like the new arm) of improved drone arms to the target.

Then put on an arm with (body*2) strength and (pilot*2) agility and go get your murder on.
>>
Is plan 9 ever right about anything
>>
File: 26267743_p0.jpg (74 KB, 320x513) Image search: [Google]
26267743_p0.jpg
74 KB, 320x513
>>48233900

Sure, chummer. Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>48236586
Inspector Clay is, in fact, dead and was murdered.

Future events will affect you in the future.

Why Lieutenant Harper's a lieutenant and Patrolman Larry's still uniformed.

I think that's about it.
>>
>high powered firehose with sand mixed in
How damaging do you think this would be?
Think it could grind down armor?
>>
>>48236690
I worked in the south texas oil industry

that "weapon" would be a danger to the operator well before if would be a danger to an armored target

cause you grind internal components as fast or faster than targets...
>>
>>48236690

Probably not. Might scuff some polymers or strip the paint off metal, but..well..

There's good reason sandblasting is used to clean off scuzz. If you're using enough pressure to cut through anything, that's the water pressure itself working, and any sand and grit running through it is just gonna corrode the inside of the pump.
>>
>>48236724
what if the sand was induced at the end of the firing system?
Some sort of sand-nozzle that pours the sand into the water after the hose.
>>
>>48236743
it would attenuate your water jet.

you'd get a whole lot of loss in muzzle pressure.

you might try chem-rounds loaded with acid
>>
What does an Aztechnology Crawler look like?
I thought it was like a cute tiny tank but it uses the "pilot walker" skill

so it's like an insect now?
>>
>>48236771
Dang.
I guess my warcrime cannon just isn't meant to be.
>>
>>48236792
super soakers loaded with acid or quick-expanding foam would be more awesome in my opinion anyway...
>>
>>48236803
Hollowpoints filled with freeze foam. Expands from inside your wound.
>>
>>48236803
I just like the underslung nature and massive kickback from something like a water cannon.
Squirting someone with a supersoaker filled with acid feels like you're a xenomorph pissing on someone.
>>
>>48236823
you're forgetting, a weapon like that wouldn't really kick too hard or else you'd be out-putting more fluid than a team of armored trolls could carry too fast to be useful

>>48236821
that can be the new game...
"how many different ways can you kill someone in this game other than 'stab' 'shoot' or 'poison'"

even if you never make the character that uses this method GMs can see this and get ideas
>>
Just fill a super soaker with DMSO and drain cleaner.
Dissolve their veins from the comfort of across a small room.
>>
>>48236880
my weapon is more of a specialist thing. For defense, or if you manage to get yourself onto the building's water supply.
Still, not to be. Oh well.
>>
>>48236923
>>48236880
basically, the theory is this.
Does the facility have autosprinklers?
If so, use the watercannon.
If no, use the flamethrower.
>>
If I put an armor jacket on top of my anthropomorphic drone does it stack with his basic armor?
>>
>>48228240
How would you fluff justify this guy in Shadowrun? He's a villanous NPC in a game I'm running.
>>
>>48237143
edgy vampire adept. Regen and mist form for close approximation of existing game mechanics. Remington Roomsweepers for weapons. I think run faster has an alt rule for using mistform for more than a certain amount of gear.
>>
>>48236788
Four-legged mechanical "spider" the size of a small/medium dog.
>>
>>48237115
Yes.
>>
>>48237325
awesome
time to give mai robo waifu a full body armor, a gun, and bring her with my on my runs
>>
Has anyone seen a SURGE character done right?
Can it be done right?
>>
Whats the deal for the use of the hawkeye perk and improved range finder on a smart gun? From rules as written it looks like for 4 karma and some nuyen you can stop worrying about range penalties except for extreme distances.
>>
I keep asking drone questions but I can't stop

Can drones make use of smartlinked weapons?
How about laser sight?

Specifically would either of those give the a +1 (or +2) to accuracy (and dice pool with the wireless on)?
>>
>>48238160

Smartsofts

Same deal as Smartlink/Lasers for people, I believe
>>
>>48238038
it makes it so that you can fire at medium ranges with no negative dice pool modifier (unless there's y'know, wind and shit).

It's incredibly useful for stuff like... anything, really. On Snipers it's friggin' ridiculous because having no range dice-pool modifier for 400 meters is just lulzy.
>>
>>48238160
Laser sights give the appropriate bonus (both wireless on and off by default.) Smartlinks give the +2 accuracy in every case as well.

To get the +2 dicepool modifier, drones don't need an implant, but to run an autosoft (the so-called Smartsoft) either on their chassis or their RCC master.
>>
>>48238689
>>48238207
Oh so that's how it works.
>>
File: 10bladekeeb.jpg (142 KB, 452x810) Image search: [Google]
10bladekeeb.jpg
142 KB, 452x810
>When your player works mornings and you work nights, and you end up getting bored at 3 AM and waste your time by drawing his NPCs
10Blade used to be a plastic surgeon to trid stars, until some shadowrunners dumped their wetwork on his table and lost him his medical license. Now he does a lot less stitching together, and a lot more slicing apart.
>>
Speaking of drones it's kind of silly how weak regular drones are.

I mean, grabbing a servant drone with 2 body and zero armor and giving him some good full body armor and helmet makes him tougher then a steel lynx!

>juan drone - condition track: 9 (8+half body, round up), 2 body, 0 armor+18 from full body armor and helmet, so rolls 20 dice to resist damage.
vs
>Steel lynx - condition track: 9 (6+half body, round up), 6 body, 12 armor, so rolls 18 dice to resist damage)

Juan also ends up cheaper! 8000 for the drone, +2500 for full body armor+helmet, while the steel lynx is 25000.
>>
File: Gunshipbelly.jpg (128 KB, 850x681) Image search: [Google]
Gunshipbelly.jpg
128 KB, 850x681
>>48230722
Oh look it's a combine gunship. Wait a minute.. the combine are here, ruuuun! The seven hour war has started. Get Freeman.. and a crowbar!
>>
>>48238887
Don't forget that drone armor is vehicle armor. and you need to do more damage than the (modified) Armor value to actually hurt it.

The Juan rolls more dice, true, but the Lynx is effectively immune to small arms fire, unless they're loaded with APDS.
>>
File: ohh.jpg (104 KB, 629x307) Image search: [Google]
ohh.jpg
104 KB, 629x307
>>48238028
go maximum catboy
take all the dick

surge done right
>>
>>48238965
>Don't forget that drone armor is vehicle armor. and you need to do more damage than the (modified) Armor value to actually hurt it.

You're right, I forgot about that. So anything that deals less then 12 damage can't hurt the lynx? Is that how it works?
>>
>>48239011
You must take the weapon's AP in account and modify the base value of 12, but yes.
>>
>>48239034
That makes drones tougher then the pure stats make them seem. I'll need to reevaluate my opinion of them.
>>
>>48238972
sauce?
>>
File: Laes.gif (6 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
Laes.gif
6 MB, 360x360
>>48238028
It's almost as if people have different ideas about what is 'good' and 'done right', Anon.
>>
File: mfw fellow runner is SURGE.gif (961 KB, 245x213) Image search: [Google]
mfw fellow runner is SURGE.gif
961 KB, 245x213
>>48239188
I'm pretty sure surge is an objectively bad concept that can never be done right
>>
If two people shoot two simple full autos at one target in one initiative pass, would the avoid penalties be -5,-10 or -5,-6?
>>
>>48239211
It's almost as if people might disagree with you and have different ideas about what is 'good' and 'done right', Anon.
>>
>>48230236
>>48230289
Also, rewards have nothing to do with the thinks you kill (not considering looting and wetwork). You can play an entire campaign without killing anything and still get all the shit you want.
>>
>>48239188
And I would like my fellow anons to opine about their views of SURGE.

What would you give as a good example of SURGE? All that comes up to my mind are the Jokers from the Wild Card series.
>>
>Johnson meets us at a restaurant
>I'm playing an intelligent and cultured troll that is very good at making things stop living with his fists
>the Johnson has an assistant
>Johnson describes the run, sounds fairly simple
>assistant interjects "Yeah if your trog doesn't fuck it up."
>I don't react and the Johnson rebukes the assistant
>the face and the Johnson keep talking and the assistant keeps making racist comments
>the Johnson is getting visibly angry and I remain the picture of calm as I imagine pulling the assistant's guts out with my bare hands
>Johnson finally sends the assistant away and apologizes
>I just nod to accept the apology
>time to do the job
>run goes south of course
>not our fault this time, bad intel and they were expecting us somehow
>I get shot up a bit but we complete the mission without serious injuries and manage to get everything the Johnson wanted plus some extras
>we meet back at the restaurant later that night
>it's closed, only the Johnson and the assistant are there
>I write a note and pass it to the GM
>the Johnson verifies the data and offers us a bonus for completing the run under adverse conditions and because we were given bad info
>assistant decides to pick this moment to speak up
>"Sure they brought it back but I told you the trog would fuck it up."

cont.
>>
>>48239656
>I turn to the Johnson.
>"Mr. Johnson, I would be willing to forgo my portion of the bonus in exchange for him."
>I point right at the assistant.
>"His frankly abhorrent behavior is a disgrace and nearly prevented us from completing the transaction that resulted in you obtaining your data. A less patient member of my species would have torn his head off at our first meeting. In lieu of that, I urge you to consider my proposal."
>Johnson doesn't instantly say no
>assistant looks at the Johnson and starts stammering "Y-You can't be thinking-"
>Johnson just says one word. "Agreed."
>I look at the assistant and grin as widely as I can
>"If I catch you I'm gonna fuck you."
>party gives each other OOC looks because they don't know what the hell I'm going to do
>assistant screams and takes off running
>I pick up a chair and nail him in the back
>he falls and goes crashing through tables
>I slowly walk to him and flip him over
>he starts pleading but I just break his arms and legs
>look over at the party
>they're watching in horror for any signs of troll dicking
>GM takes this moment to smash-cut to us in our van
>I open the side door and shove out the assistant
>GM describes the sign I've attached to him
>it reads "I HATE TROGS"
>I lean out of the van
>"Now you're fucked."
>we peel out of the troll ghetto

good times
>>
>>48239656
>>48239665

Fan-fucking-tastic.
>>
>>48238972
seconding the request for sauce
>>
File: Surge Gang Takes To Hooding.jpg (177 KB, 639x564) Image search: [Google]
Surge Gang Takes To Hooding.jpg
177 KB, 639x564
>>48239580
>>
Has anyone else run players trying to complete the more shadowy parts from Dunkelzahn's will?
Mine are going to Scotland for unrelated reasons and I might have a fixer or someone suggest they try to last the day in Glamis castle
>>
File: Popcorn Dragon.jpg (94 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
Popcorn Dragon.jpg
94 KB, 800x540
>>48240470
I always wanted to do something relating to the Jiffy Pop patent; the problem is that I can't find a way to get it done with regular shadowrunners.

The only reasonable strategy I have is for a two-part minicampaign. Half of the time, the players are slick-talking lawyers hacking through the jungle of legal mumbo-jumbo and cutting quasi-legal deals to find out who is actually the rightful holder of the patent and how their firm can claim it. The other half, the players are regular shadowrunners doing stuff like intimidating witnesses into signing affidavits, diving into pre-Crash server farms, abandoned and overgrown with paracritters, to pull out relevant data, and breaking into competitor's firms to mess with their plans.

It's possible, but it would be slow going (especially as my players are frightfully inconsistent in when they are available to play), and I'm not sure I can run it without turning into a railroad.
>>
File: 590.jpg (65 KB, 952x536) Image search: [Google]
590.jpg
65 KB, 952x536
How would you run a game where runners get shunted into a D&D type realm?

Limited ammo could really hurt some of the characters, as well as the party decker.

Also it'd be weird to come back to SR prime with a spell on the level of magic that D&D puts out.
>>
>>48231416
Flame Burst. It's basically a sustained fireball.
>>48233900
My pixie rigger says otherwise.
>>48235916
Also seven edge without having to be a pixie with a max body of 1.
>>48237143
He's a vampire who is an edgey dick.
>>
>>48241821
I think it'd make an interesting one/two-shot session if the decker can't make it (or there's something else for them to do), for much more than that you'd probably have to work it out with the players before hand, even if that's just along the lines of 'no deckers/technomancers, take a melee skill'

Though I do wonder how well it'd work if the characters were testing a video game (or going in to a malfunctioning BTL-style game) and the decker got abilities similar to magic by fiddling with the code of the game itself
>>
File: Recursive.png (29 KB, 400x454) Image search: [Google]
Recursive.png
29 KB, 400x454
>>48241821
I'd play a game of the characters playing a game of D&D, as a one-off when some players couldn't make it. I wouldn't try to import complex characters from one incredibly convoluted system shifted into another, especially if the plan was to bring them back later.
>>
So on Chummer in 4e, what's the point of joining a group. It just seems like a 5 karma sink that nets me nothing. My GM said it decreased karma costs for initiating, so it paid for itself later, but I didn't see that when I dicked around a bit on the creator, it looked like the costs stayed the same.
>>
>>48242511
Have you activated Group Initiation (On the same side)? Otherwise it wont calculate it. With it it goes from 13 to 11 Karma for initiation
>>
Currently doing character creation for a Mysad.
How many ranks of focused concentration should I get if I want to use a lot of the manipulation spells like magic fingers, fling, and Physical barrier?(As much as possible?)
Is there much difference getting 2 ranks to 5?
>>
File: Monk.webm (461 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Monk.webm
461 KB, 300x300
>>48243019
Because those are generally used at low force, and you're not going to be sustaining all of them all the time (Fling can't even be sustained), I'd suggest just getting it at 2-3 and picking up some sustaining foci.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 382x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 382x527
Finding the points to build an Infiltrator is hard. For most of the other archetypes, you only need Skills B to do your job:

The Street Sam just needs some combat skills. The mage can buy the Conjuring skillgroup at 5 and then invest the rest of their points in Spellcasting, Counterspelling, and Assensing. The Decker can buy the Electronics group at 5 and his Cracking skills however they please with points left over. The Rigger only needs his Pilot Vehicle skills, his Perception, his Electronic Warfare, and his Gunnery. The Face picks up Con, Ettiquette, Leadership, and Negotiation.

Meanwhile, an Infiltrator needs high dice in *so many* different things that I' overwhelmed. They can't afford to skip out on anything in the Stealth group: Sneaking, Palming, and Disguise are all huge parts of the role, but you can't set the skillgroup at 5 and call it a day because you'll want to take the (Urban) specialization in Sneaking since Sneaking is your main skill and you want to be as good at that as possible. Then, you need good social skills: at the very least you want a pretty damn high Con and Etiquette pool. Then, you need a decent pool in at least one combat skill (Either Pistols or Unarmed, but probably both) since you're more likely than anyone else to get into trouble while separated from the group. THEN you need Perception to make sure you're not caught off guard while sneaking. THEN, you need both Lockpicking AND Hardware in order to reliably deal with maglocks and anti-tampering systems. AND THEN, after all that, you should consider decent Escape Artist and Gymnastics pools to help you move around secure locations through vents and ledges and shit.

And because the Infiltrator's needs stretch over the spectrum of social, physical AND mental skills attributes to support them, you can't cheap out on attributes either. I'm honestly bewildered on how to be up to par with my teammates when there's so much more that I need to be good at to be passable at my job.
>>
>>48242002
I knew someone would bring up the edge thing. Sure, you get extra edge. But most DMs keep the refilling of edge points few and far between. At least in my experience that's how it's been.
>>
>>48243390
That's why there are two infiltrators anon. Social and Stealth Infiltrators.
Stealth focuses on not getting seen, so they can skip out of the social skills/CHA. Social Infiltrators OTOH focus on getting seen but not remembered. They can put less into stealth skills, because their M.O. is to get permission to go where they wanted anyway.
Of course it will cost more to combine them, similar to how a good Rigger+Decker costs more that Rigger or Decker alone
>>
>>48242688
No. I'm a moron. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>48243390
Talk to your GM about using the sum to 10 system. I believe it's detailed in run faster, but anyways essentially what it does is assigns every priority a number value A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, E=0. Then you can take money and skills at an A, attributes at a C, and magic and meta at an E.

I think that may effectively solve your issues, seeing as a member of my group made a face infiltrator really well with that build.
>>
File: 1467909789811.png (232 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1467909789811.png
232 KB, 472x472
>>48243555
>Check't
>>
>>48243680
Note: he was a stealth face mix infiltrator, not just a face infiltrator.
>>
>>48243555
This is why you go and grab yourself that sadist quality that lets you refill edge when you kill someone with edge.
>>
>>48244395
And the one that lets you recover 2 whenever your GM allows you one back.
>>
>>48244419
Which one is that one?
>>
>>48244568
Daredevil; if memory serves.
>>
MysAd with 6000 Nuyen
How should I spend my money, I barely can scrape enough cred for other stuff after weapons.
What are the essentials?
>>
>>48244579
That is correct.
>>
>>48244395
>>48244419
But then you're wasting 2 qualities.
>>
>>48244694
Revels in Murder is kinda broken.

Plus Daredevil has a good bit of GM discretion built into when it gives you two Edge instead of one.
>>
With all the noise with the new matrix rules, is the stay at home decker still viable?
My gm wants to make an NPC decker so we can handwave away all the matrix rules for now.
>>
>>48245290
Not really, but if your GM want to hanwave it all away anyway...
>>
>>48245290
Far less viable, but if you really stack on stuff, you can be a good distance away. Just keep in mind that anyone nearby can do the same and generally get more because they won't have to deal with distance.

For maximum Noise Reduction you need Antenna * 3 (get cyberears at that pont), a datajack, Signal Scrub, and a Vectored Noise Filter module. That's eight noise reduction, which should take care of most situations where you don't actually need the satellite uplink for distance.
>>
>>48245290
host hacking yes, field hacking no.
>>
How many dice in demolitions does one need to viably use demolitions?
>>
>>48246656
It depends on how you mean viably. Like, if you're going to do it occasionally and just want to do boom shit, you can get away with a pittance of dice and throwing money at it.

Or if you have high edge, you can just get lucky with important boom rolls and use less.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, what use did you have in mind for demolitions?
>>
>>48246951
I was planning on sneaking into buildings and setting charges without anyone noticing until it's too late..
I've got six edge if it matters, and I have revels in murder so as long as at least one person is informed of my plans before I blow the building I should get any edge spent back. (I figure I'll just send someone a message via a burner comlink right before the building blows. "Boom." or somesuch.)
>>
>>48247026
>setting charges
anon, what kind of size do these charges have?
Is it
>the poor bastard who went by it is now dead but the potted plants are miraculously unhurt
or
>I don't know what problem they have? I helped them. Now that the ground is free of any obstruction they can immediately begin with building again, without pesky demolition costs. Frankly they should pay me for this.
>>
>>48247026
Dare you to make the message-receiver a single KE detective. The same guy, every time.
>>
>>48247220
I'm planning on the second one, although I will be willing to downsize to the first if subtlety is required or I start to run low on explosives.
>>48247229
>Dare you to make the message-receiver a single KE detective. The same guy, every time.
Sadly, the person I kill has to be the one who gets the message. I'll CC the detective.
>>
>>48247026
Revels in Murder won't work on that for two reasons. One, using demolitions on a non-helpless metahuman target isn't a great way to kill (or at least get to bleed out) and that's what's required to get the Edge back.

Now, if you're going to use commercial explosives on a building, you're going to need two things. One, a whole lot of it. On average, you'll need at least four hits to blow a meaningful hole into a brick-walled house with two kilos of a commercial explosive and a few of those should take down a home. Now if you're willing to use less legal explosives or lots of commercial stuff, then you can do better. Like, if you went insane and got rating 12 foam, used four kilos, then one hit is enough to break through anything but a blast bunker and can do a good job of wrecking most non-reinforced buildings.

But yeah. Better explosives tend to do damage more than better skill does.
>>
>>48247280
>planning on the second one
anon, public awareness should not be a triple digit number, let alone double digit. What you are proposing is going to make a lot of powerful people angry. Not to mention that most Johnsons want to find out of your success by you telling them and not the TV headline "THOUSAND DEAD : DEMOLITION KILLER STRIKES AGAIN"
>>
>>48247343
Anything big enough to kill thousands gets nixed due to budgetary concerns. Like, I could probably afford it if I used cheap as fuck dynamite, but then I'd have to light a fuse and run like hell, which is a very very very bad idea.
>>
>>48247429
Also, Explosives have bad AP (-2) unless they're attached. At which point they have an AP of Half.

And if you attach it to a barrier, it's modified damage * 2, AP Half.
>>
>>48243390
>Lockpicking AND Hardware
Really?
I thought you only really need lockpicking to open mechanical locks and let the decker deal with eletronic locks.
>>
>>48243555
>But most DMs keep the refilling of edge points few and far between.

shouldn't that mean you want the most edge so you can use them as much as possible before refilling?

Or what, are you having a different run every single day and thus can't ever spare a week of rest to get all your edge back?
>>
>>48247026

Why don't you prepare a few briefcase-sized nail bombs?
>>
>>48248185
There is a specific kind of lock (transponder-embedded key lock) that needs hardware to bypass.

A mechanical lock or maglock can be bypassed by using Locksmith.

And to round it out, print and voice scanners need a device of some kind (what kind depends) and make an opposed test, usually involving device ratings, to bypass if you can't access the locking mechanism.

Breath, Cell, and DNA scanners can be fooled by a legit sample preserved in an enzyme that you can cook up with a simple but long Extended Chemistry roll.

Facial recognition is bypassed by a Disguise roll.

Pages 359 and 360, for reference.
>>
>>48248374
>(transponder-embedded key lock)
I didn't know that one.

That said, Hardware is something that in my group the decker usually has.
I think that wanting to be able to do the entire infiltration completely alone with 0 help is a bit missing the point of having a group of shadowrunnners.

Every shadowrunner should be able to stealth, so it's not like the infiltrator has to go alone or be discovered.
>>
>>48243390
>Sneaking, Palming, and Disguise are all huge parts of the role [...] Then, you need good social skills
No. There are stealth infiltrators and social infiltrators. You don't have to do both to start.
Palming, Disguise, and social are social infiltration skills. This guy will also use biometric falsification to avoid using hardware / lockpicking at stupid times.

Stealth, Gymnastics, Lockpicking, Hardware are for sneaking around when you're not being watched.

Escape Artist is useful for both; sneaking through tight spaces and escaping cuffs when social/biometrics fail.

Perception is for everyone.
>>
>first session
>begging of a grand plot that immediately black lists the party
>all contacts,friends, relatives killed by end of session

EVERY. FUCKING.GAME.

Jesus fucking christ, even when I left my group for this being the intro three times in a row. Is there a part in these fucking books that encourage this?
>>
Is witness my hate worth it if I plan on using magic for all problems a flamethrower won't solve?
>>
>>48248848

Not as far as I know of. I had my first session of SR the other day; it started with us trying to figure out why an elf yuppie would run an alternative healthcare shop and ended with us blowing up a McHugh's.
>>
>>48249016
If by all problems you mean a Mana Direct Single Target Combat spell, it might.
>>
>>48249032
I was planning on using Flame Burst and Element Grenade, I'm kinda going for a theme here.
>>
>>48249094
And Witness My Hate enhanced Stunbolt or Manabolt for super-tanker-trolls, right?
>>
>>48249106
Uh... no. My nonlethal option is using Agony to make people think they're on fire. As I said, theme. For supertrolls, I figure a force 6 fire spirit using engulf should solve that problem.
Are you saying Witness My Hate is a waste for all other spells or something?
>>
>>48249184
It only affects Direct damage spells. I.E. the ones where you roll Magic + Spellcasting vs Body or Willpower and the net hits are the damage. Makes 'em more powerful (because you essentially get +2 net hits if you got any), but also the drain's higher.

Direct Damage spells are like Agony in a way, but more lasting and less doubling of penalties.
>>
>>48249221
Oh, ok. Misunderstood how WMH worked, I thought it was just for all damage spells. Sorry to bother you with a dumbass question then.
>>
>>48249236
Nah, it's fine. Goodness knows I get it reversed often enough that I had to go and look it up again before giving that advice.
>>
>>48249236
Although, you should consider putting Sunbeam into your repertoire.

Gives mortals bad sunburn, gives those allergic to the sun a hellish burn.
>>
I just realized, wall of fire can be replaced by just setting things on fire and using shape fire. What should I get instead of wall of fire?
>>
>>48242511
>a 5 karma sink that nets me nothing
Nothing but a stable of specialized individuals you can contact as need arises. People who will probably have your back, if for no better reason than protecting their own.

Stop thinking in numbers.
>>
>>48248848
Killing all the family and friends of the players is a baby DM mistake. I remember when I did it to one of my players way back. I'm glad I've come a long way from that. Having family and friends for your players makes them player more interesting characters subconsciously.
>>
If I get the 16F flamethrower from run and gun with restricted gear, does the 16f ammo come for free, or do I need restricted gear for that too?
>>
>>48250471
by raw the ammo is a separate item, but your gm will probably let it slide if you ask nicely
>>
>>48250512
Okay. On a related note, which is better: the 16f flamethrower that does 10p and has automatic fire, or the 12f one that costs a fuckton more and only does single shot, but does 12p damage and also doesn't require restricted gear?
>>
>>48250564
In general, if you have to take a quality that costs that much karma, you'd better be getting something really great.

If I can get (most) of the bonuses the 16F one gives by putting a rating 5 sensor in my cyber-arm and getting a little lucky on a roll with a -3 penalty (hopefully canceled out by buffing the sensor and having wireless on), I don't think it's a great buy.

Unless I absolutely needed that dosh.
>>
>>48248848
I am more annoyed that your GM kills off all your contacts and, presumably your dependent family members than anything else you mention.

Killing a dependent is like letting a player off the hook, and killing all your contacts, why didn't he just say "don't bother making contacts, I have some that everyone has"
>>
So they just stole two gang cars.
What's the best way to make sure this doesn't come back to bite them in the ass?
>>
>>48250686
What kind of cars? Do they have RFIDs? Do the players know to check for RFID's? Do the players know a mechanic with the goods and connections to make the paper trail look like the cars were theirs the whole time?
>>
>>48250686
Ditch and burn.
>>
>>48250686
Dump it with a 'friendly' fixer for the loyalty*5% pittance that you get when you need a no-questions-no-problems sale.

Now if the gang's not on the scale that it's worth worrying quite that much about, get rid of any RFIDs, hack the ownership, and then sell. It's not like the gang's going to be calling the police on you, after all.
>>
>>48250686
Check for tags, and don't use them anywhere near that gang's turf, job done.
>>
>>48250564
flamethrowers have neat autofire rules, but it isnt worth taking restricted gear just to get it at chargen
>>
What are some good names for a matching pair of ares predators?

>I tried to find that picture of the orc with the twin pistols "Meat" & "Potatoes" but I failed
>Also couldn't find a .webm of "Engravings offer no tactical advantage"
>>
>>48251223
What sort of style are you going for?
>>
>>48251223
Knock n' Boots.
>>
I have my first Shadowrun (4e) game in a few days. Is there anything in particular you guys would recommend I memorize or jot down for easy reference? Already read the manual, parts of Unwired, and made my character with some help from the GM.
>>
>>48251464
Get the all cheat sheets that are relevant to your character. Combat, hacking, Direct/Indirect Spellcasting, whatever.
>>
>>48251223
Rough and Tumble
Shock and Awe
>>
>>48251223
Tooth and Nail
>>
>>48251223
JUSTICE & FOR ALL
>>
>>48251223
Hocus and Pocus
>>
>>48251223
Razzle and Dazzle
Protect and Serve
Boom and Bigger Boom
Ares Predator #1 and Ares Predator #2
Kick and Scream
>>
>>48251281
Standard cybered to the gills street Sam who for some reason or the other finds pistols to be preferable in a pragmatic sense, since you can smuggle them around easier than say an assault rifle and they're much more legal. Plus they feel more "right" to him to use
This doesn't mean he's above having his favorite pair which he brings out when serious combat is expected.
Basically a mostly down to earth guy who still has just enough pink Mohawk in him to think dual wielding and named weapons are cool
>>
>>48251223
Assault & Battery
Boom & Bewm
Name your character Locke and name them Stock & Barrel

>>48250686
Scan for RFID, pull em. Replace the plates, chips and guidence if you can. Respray, etc if the rigger has those skills. Have the decker scan the thing for any wireless trackers.

Honestly it depends on how much time you want to put into making sure it's secure. If it belonged to a corp, fucking burn it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.