[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Slaneesh, god of excess and perfection >Greater demons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_ntc8ygLB1c1u08pito1_250.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntc8ygLB1c1u08pito1_250.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>Slaneesh, god of excess and perfection
>Greater demons are called Keepers of secrets

Why? Surely they'd be better served with a name like "lords of excess" or "perfects" or something. Keeper of Secrets sounds more tzeentch appropriate if you ask me.
>>
Secrets as in "secret lewd perversions", not "secret arcane knowledge"
>>
>>48223207
>don't worry, it'll be our little secret
>>
>>48223207
Agreed. Out of all possible names they had to roll with the most double-meaning one. When I've been reading some fluff bits about Keepers of Secrets, I had to reread article's info to make sure Im reading about Slaanesh.
>>
The gods don't have to make perfect sense by mortal standards. They'll do as they please. Not everything needs to fit into neat tidy boxes: every god has certain Daemons under their command that don't adhere closely to their core schtick but are sort of ancillary pieces of their identity. Why does Tzeentch have sky sharks? Why does Nurgle have these very hopeful and friendly Beasts? Why does Khorne have...actually Khorne is pretty well streamlined. But he has some.of the worst names: you can't crush blood, or slaughter it. Even the Blood letter has this jokey ironic surgical name, that's out of character, right? They just do it. The gods are crazy, and their craziness swirls and mixes a little bit. This is why Chaos Undivided is a thing, by the way.
>>
>>48223207
The secret is that they all have dicks.

Even the females, -especially- the females.
>>
>>48223207
What do you think the secret is?
>>
>>48223207

Dunno if it's still a thing, but in the old fluff, the Keepers of Secrets got their name from the fact that they ware supposed to know your deepest secrets and desires the instant you spoke to them.
>>
>>48223207
>What is it, you didn't like that?
>You're embarrassed?
>Don't worry, it'll be a secret between us!
>>
>>48223731
I like that
>>
>>48223207
They are "Keepers of Secrets" because they know all of your deepest, darkest, hidden desires, and use that knowledge to pervert and corrupt you.

They are not keepers of random knowledge and arcane lore, but keepers of emotions, hopes, dreams, and desires that can and will use them against you specifically to corrupt you to the Dark Prince.
>>
File: 030.jpg (751 KB, 1169x1575) Image search: [Google]
030.jpg
751 KB, 1169x1575
>>48223731
Still the case in their current entry:

>A Greater Daemon of Slaanesh knows the most intimate desires of every mortal being, and he will use this horrific knowledge to gain power over his foes, seducing them with whispered promises they cannot hope to resist.

>A Greater Daemon of Slaanesh invades the thoughts and senses of its prey, penetrating their every mental defence, sending them visions of glory, titillating their egos and caressing their inner desires to lead them astray. There is nothing more satisfying for a Keeper of Secrets than to corrupt a warrior of noble heart, turning his quest for glory into a sacrifice upon the altar of Slaanesh’s perverse will.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.