[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Right, I'm looking for a tabletop system that will be good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Scooby-gang-1969.jpg (71 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Scooby-gang-1969.jpg
71 KB, 300x225
Right, I'm looking for a tabletop system that will be good for a game involving teenagers investigating spooky shit in their neighborhood, does anyone have any suggestions for it?

Pic related, but less Saturday morning cartoon, but more dark and serious.
>>
>>48221845
Trials of Cthulhu
>>
>>48221845
>>48222204

Trail* of Cthulhu or Esoterrorists would both be fine.
>>
>>48221845
Call if Cthulhu with the Miskatonic University Supplement.
>>
>>48222234

I disagree, the BRP engine of CoC is poorly suited even to adult characters, let alone teens.
>>
>>48221845
How about World of Darkness?
>>
>>48222215
Some of the players I would DM this for don't like the dice system Trail or Esoterrorists is based off

>>48222290

Isn't world of darkness for playing vampires and shit?
>>
File: itamefromsomewhereelse.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
itamefromsomewhereelse.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48221845
that's for oneshots tho
>>
>>48221845
Little Fears is exactly this, but with children instead of teenagers. Haven't played it, but there shouldn't be too much hassle to reskin ut as teens
>>
>>48222258
>BRP engine of CoC is poorly suited

Into the trash it goes.

>>48221845
OP, Call of Cthulhu or Trail of Cthulhu should be fine. CoC is actual RPG experience, ToC is RPG lite.
>>
Chronicle of Darkness Core book. It's for playing mortals in a very dark world.
>>
>>48222383
>Isn't world of darkness for playing vampires and shit?

New World of Darkness core book is all about playing Mortals in WoD, and there's several sourcebooks describing playing exactly what you're talking about - mortals exploring supernatural shit.
>>
>>48221845
Nemesis would probably work. Simple enough of a system, and combat would not be something teens would want to participate in, which would promote running and traps.
>>
File: monster of the week.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
monster of the week.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48221845
Monster of the Week?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.