[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlefleet Gothic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160504213839_1.jpg (258 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160504213839_1.jpg
258 KB, 1600x900
Is the Space Marine fleet OP, or is that just me?
>>
>>48214598

It's just you. Common wisdom holds they're underpowered.
>>
>>48214610
Really? I find that the Bombardment Cannon, when it works, works really well on Orks and Eldar. And I can dance circles around Imperial Navy. The only fleets I seem to have problems with are Chaos because of a lack of fighter support and their long-range lances stripping me of shields every time.
>>
>>48214598
Obviously The Emperor Protects.
>>
From my understanding, if you keep Marines at arms length they're prone to being whittled down hard. But I've never had the luck or lack thereof to encounter a Marine Fleet so what do I know?
>>
>>48216177
Pretty much this. Marines are shit at long-range; they're like Orks but more maneuverable.
>>
>>48216177
Thunderhawks.
>>
Yeah, totally underpowered right now, but I still like them for some dumbfuck reason. I'll just pretend its not for the Wolves or Fists.
>>
>>48216177

Marines excel at close range and boarding but don't have a lot of guns. The bombardment cannons that they are known for have pretty low ROF.

Playing as them for a while gave me some newfound respect/fear of the Imperial Navy.
>>
>>48219359
But you can just RAMMING SPEED into everything as Marines.
>>
>>48220311

Isn't HP also a big factor when it comes to ramming? I mean, sure, having 75 armor on all sides is great, but the mahreens with their low HP may stand to lose more there.
>>
>>48220311

Against the squishier races yes, but you'll DEEPLY regret getting into a ramming pissing match against Imperial Navy or Orks.

>>48216177

Tbh I think Space Marines are actually among the more balanced races, as you can spec them out for close or long range and still stand a reasonable chance at success.

Stock up on bombardment cannons, lances, and boarding assaults, and you can be a speedy nightmare up close. Or, dump everything you've got into thunderhawks and boarding torps and give your enemy a death from 1000 cuts while safely out of range.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.