[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing MTG with Custom Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Xenomorph.jpg (36 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Xenomorph.jpg
36 KB, 375x523
I am doing a challenge with a friend where we both do a set of custom MTG cards based on a film, and then create a deck out of our custom sets.
Is there an easy way to upload these custom sets online and play with them, kind of like Cockatrice?

This is the set I am working on: https://mega.nz/#!0cgXHZDJ!_SIUeSdQcDgQeGsHjuO6GNw1QH3ETbm7uzgZZBKdBRU
>>
>>48202311
Why don't you make proxies?

Also xenomorph as Eldrazi doesn't really work, but nice touch on the Emerge mechanic
>>
>>48202311
>Is there an easy way to upload these custom sets online and play with them, kind of like Cockatrice?
Well, yeah. Cockatrice.
It's piss easy to play with custom cards on Cockatrice.
>>
>>48202311
I wonder if anybody has made a Roborosewater set for cockatrice. That would be so much fun.
>>
>>48202311
Would xenomorphs really be 5/5 creatures?

also
>colorless
>eldrazi
>death touch instead of some sort of acid blood special rule
>>
>>48202311
Nigga update your MSE
>>
File: alien-118952.jpg (300 KB, 655x423) Image search: [Google]
alien-118952.jpg
300 KB, 655x423
>>48204572
Also, they don't emerge as a drone, they are first a chest burster.

that should emerge and then transform into a drone after a requirement and have a "when ~ dies: acid blood" effect.
>>
We're doing something similar on one of the forums I frequent, where we're trying to make a constructed environment out of all the sets our card creation community have crafted over the years (it's a trainwreck). I made a MSE extension for converting from MSE to Cockatrice since all the other ones I found kind of suck, if you want to make the process a bit easier on yourself. It's not perfect yet (see unimplemented features), but it should work fine for most needs.

https://bitbucket.org/Mown/magic-cockatrice.mse-export-template
>>
>>48207007
Thanks for that download man, been looking for something like that for a while now.
You've got to link me up to that forum though, a mildly unbalanced format made out of other people's cards is actually my favorite way to play this game.
>>
>>48202311
Birthing Pod should be cheaper, 1 or 2 mana, and should take a turn or two to summon a facehugger for 1 or 2

Colonial Marine seems a bit strong an expensive they shouldn't be able to kill a xenomorph without equipment on their own.

I would say that facehuggers should be 1/1's with first strike. 'when a humanoid is damaged by facehugger, equip 3 impregnate artifact tokens on humanoid'

impregnate token
'equipped creature cannot attack/ block or use abilities'
'at end step remove one impregnate token, if the last token is remove by this effect, impregnated creature is destroyed, summon xenomorph young, under the control of xenomorph player (if it is two player)

xenomorph young 5/5, deathtouch

this creature come into play with 4 -1/-1 tokens, remove one -1/-1 token at each draw step

not sure about fodder, seems like you could fairly easily just beat xenomorphs to death with a bunch of civilians if th xenomoph play has some bad draws. or am i misunderstanding that this would be a xenomorph vs colonial marines duel decks style set

xenomorph queen should lay birthing pods.
>>
>>48207854
http://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/index.php
We're primarily migrants from the remnants of the You Make the Card and Flavor & Storyline community from the old boards after it went downhill. I think our Duels sections is kind of big as well, but no sane person ventures there.

There isn't much activity currently (although febb is probably open to play), but I'm trying to set up a consistent tournament structure that's starting in September. It's still a far cry from "mildly balanced" though, we're still very early in the process of trying to develop reasonable formats, and there's not a whole lot of traction.

The mods probably squirm at the thought of me recruiting people from 4chan. We're not quite MTGSalvation, but I'd call the moderation level "slightly annoying".
>>
>>48208365
Thanks dude, took some digging but I found the threads I was looking for. Now I just have to dig through all the cards and try and get a deck out of it.
>>
>>48208155
Thanks for all the great input pal, never tried this before so it's kind of a lot to think about myself. I really appreciate all the helpfulness in this thread.
>>
Obvious special ability for Xenomorph should be related to dying from combat damage while blocking another creature. Like if it dies from combat damage attacking creature takes 5 damage/is destroyed.
>>
>>48204632
"whenever ~ becomes blocked by a creature, it deals X damage to that creature"
>>
>>48202311
You goofed up the Emerge reminder text somehow. you reduce the mana cost by the emerge cost.
>>
File: en_QDAyzUCz4P.png (170 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
en_QDAyzUCz4P.png
170 KB, 265x370
>>48216250
have fun at the prerelease.
>>
>>48216994
Ah, my mistake, I thought I might be reading it wrong and hoped if I was someone would correct me.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.