[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does a horror commander exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 030_max.jpg (131 KB, 488x736) Image search: [Google]
030_max.jpg
131 KB, 488x736
I know /tg/ is bad a magic but does a horror commander exist?
>>
>>48152732
>Gallowbraid (B)
>Greel, Mind Raker (B)
>Morinfen (B)
>The Gitrog Monster (GB)
>Tsabo Tavoc (RB)
>>
File: pink.png (2 MB, 1560x445) Image search: [Google]
pink.png
2 MB, 1560x445
>>48152815
>>
>>48152815
>Greel is Horror
Well, that's news to me, but yeah, Gatherer ruling confirms. Hate those little changes in creature types. I can understand where it's necessary for streamlining, but straight up adding types with no real justification is bullshit. Greel should have stayed Spellshaper with no additional type.

>Laquatus' Champion is not Legendary. It never was.
I've been living in a lie!
>>
>>48152815
Thank you for the help
But to make a tribal all i can use is the frog
Damn the frog sucks
Thanks though
>>
>>48152936
>Greel should have stayed Spellshaper with no additional type.
???

The Onslaught post-human just Wizards should have stayed just Wizards.
Nothing should be just Spellshaper.

Spellshaper (technically) means something within the setting, but most of them (Greel included) aren't actually that thing.
Greel is a Spellshaper purely to describe his game mechanics.
>>
>>48153088
Greel is older than Onslaugh, Masques block was like 3 blocks ( ~= years) earlier.

Yeah, the creature type ties to a mechanic, but everyone and their mom were Spellshapers in Mercadia and Greel is no exception.
Also some more Spellshapers were printed in Timeshift / Planeshift, so I don't think WotC wanted to abandon the type.
>>
>>48152965
Pepe is actually a viable commander if you build it right. You just need to throw another dozen lands in there.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (3 MB, 2028x3116) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
3 MB, 2028x3116
>>48153482
>Greel is older than Onslaugh
What I was trying to say, was that the only subtype errata I've disliked so far was from that part of Onslaught.

>Timeshift / Planeshift, so I don't think WotC wanted...
>Timespiral block as a precedent
topkek
>>
I'm still a scrub at commander but why isn't Tsabo used more often? She seems sweet
>>
>>48154935
Because she costs seven.
>>
>>48154979
I thought it was easy to ramp up mana in Commander. In most of my games people have ridiculous amounts to work with before too long
>>
>>48155099
There are better things to spend that mana on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.