[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #935: Fire in the Disco Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48106798
>>
>>48115383
>Fire in the Disco Edition
Funky Cops jump when?
>>
is the jumpmaker for food fight around? I have questions 1.can you be an actual real-life product? 2. If you are no longer carried in the store but still in production and distribution overseas does that count as being discontinued?
3.does picking a real-life item count as an import? for "a perfectly good bag of chips"
>>
>>48115454
Take a step back for a moment, realize what you are asking, and what it means. Are you really thinking about jumping Food Fight?
>>
>>48115036
>Malefor is in his dark state, and while he is in control, he might not be forever
That's...incredibly interesting, actually. The Dark Aether seems to have a mind of it's own, even more so than something like the Dark Side from Star Wars. Actually, Spyro, this actually justifies that one drawback where he Malefor returns, but has pretty much lost his mind: the Dark Aether has overwhelmed him. It also justifies how he's weaker post-Jump, he's been knocked out of his Dark form.
>>
>>48115046
What was your point here? You're still making yourself weaker for the sake of nothing more than immediate gratification. It's a trap.
>>
What's a good fruit to import in Animal Crossing?
>>
>>48115507
The fruit of the tree of might.
>>
So in the Dresden Files, who are the options for Big Trouble parents? Lea, Cat Sith, and the Eldest Gruff, but are there any others?

Also, could you choose to be the child of, say, Lea, but buy Seelie magic? I assume you can't, but it's kind funny to me.
>>
>>48115486
Spyro Had tossed me there, plus if you seen the stolen version rather than the Commercially available version it's not that horrible a movie.

>>48115507
Electric bananas

>>48115522
Go with Santa,trust me on this
>>
>>48115519
Isn't that in dragon ball?
>>
>>48115540
Wildcard said you have to take Job Offer with Big Trouble to be the child of someone with an actual Mantle.
>>
>>48115522
That goblin king guy probably, I forgot his name
>>
>>48115553
Erlking
>>
What are some good low(ish) power/danger jumps that are good for early chain? Preferably not vacation jumps though.
>>
>>48115553
>>48115588
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuG7Y6wiPL8
>>
>>48115553
>>48115588
He has a mantle. Summer King.
>>
File: contemplative.png (254 KB, 610x520) Image search: [Google]
contemplative.png
254 KB, 610x520
>>48115503
...the fact that boosting perks using Dormant Power makes you stronger in ways you would have never been able to achieve with just Dormant Power alone?

And that with just DP, a rockslide can apparently kill you. Whereas a super-angel/super-demon/a guy who's set his damage-negating barrier to defend against rocks can probably survive a rockslide.

>>48115522
>child of Lea but buy Seelie magic

Hmm. Not sure, but that it would. The ony example of something similar to that I recall involved one of Mab's daughters inheriting her sister's mantle upon her death, which made her the Lady of the Summer court. And that seems to be far beyond the degree of change regular Sidhe can do.
>>
>>48115522
Any of the Naagloshii probably fit under that category. Skin walkers are no joke.
>>
>>48115540
>>48115588
I would take Kringle or the Erlking, but I checked the archives and it's like >>48115552 said. And I can't afford everything I want AND Job Offer. If only I had 50 more CP.
>>
>>48115611
Wuxia and Sims
>>
File: 13594915931036.jpg (231 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
13594915931036.jpg
231 KB, 1000x563
>>48115486
Jumping Food Fight is perfectly acceptable as long as you make the right decision, anon.

Because no world deserves to have an X over it more than that one.

Your customers won't be able to live... without Brand X.

Brand X. The Final Solution.
>>
>>48115646
Huh. Could we pick one of these guys? They're real freaky characters.
>>
>>48115632
I believe Erlking counts as wildfae actually? (or maybe even technically notionally winter, IIRC?)
>>
>>48115611
Obligatory Harry Potter.
Kancolle
Ryanverse
Strike Witches with the SWQ drawback
Pretty sure there's a Gundam Build Fighters jump. (There's way too much HOT BLOODED to be a vacation)
Fast and Furious maybe.
>>
>>48115695
>Strike Witches with the SWQ drawback
Why does that drawback lower the threat level?
>>
>>48115611
Undertale
RWBY
Megaman
Sanic
>>
>>48115676
Wild Card says you can be a Goodman Grey style Scion of one.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44916529/#44923305
>>
>>48115522
Actually, I meant to ask, if you're. Changeling and don't take Un/Seelie Magic are you gimped to the point that all you get is illusions?
>>
>>48115646
The Naagloshii aren't really fae though, are they? So not sure they'd be eligible?
>>
>>48115695
>Ryanverse
Where is it?
>>
>>48115611
Invader Zim's Irken background has some great perks. Jump also has a boredom nullifier, which is awesome.

Touhou is survivable as long as you play it right, and the available powers are really good. Time and Fate Manipulation in particular are really good safety nets for future jumps.

Symbiote is pretty much your standard Earth as long as you avoid the main action.
>>
>>48115707
I mean, SW by default might be easy, I don't remember very much about the main series and I never paid any attention to the spinoffs.
In the SWQ universe though, witches are kind of bullshit.
>>
>>48115522
Why would you want to be a Changeling? Don't Wizards have way more potential flexibility (and, ultimately, power)?
>>
>>48115682
He's both Wyldfae and Summer King. The Kings aren't required to be part of the court.
>>
>>48115723
Huh. I stand corrected.
>>
>>48115765
>In the SWQ universe though, witches are kind of bullshit.
How so?
>>
>>48115769
Yes.
>>
>>48115635
Aren't most Changelings effectively Wyldfae?
>>
>>48115635
>a super-angel/super-demon/a guy who's set his damage-negating barrier to defend against rocks can probably survive a rockslide.
Then get ganked by a determined human.

>>48115797
A Changeling belongs to the court of their fae parent.
>>
>>48115756
It's in the WIP folder under "Ton Clancy's Jack Ryan-Rainbow Six". I thought it was a bit more done than it is, but it's still jumpable.

Scratch that idea then.
>>
>>48115611
Great Detective and Sherlock Holmes
>>
>>48115695
>Kancolle

What? Really?
>>
>>48115695
>Kancolle
That sounds a little bit like a lie. . .
>>
>>48115782
Well, they have bullshit sparkly magic for one, including shielding IIRC.
But more importantly, they're extremely small weapons platforms with stupidly high thrust-to-weight, omnidirectional thrust vectoring and the ability to fire at most any direction from their body.

Some of them are also crazy, so there's that.
>>
>>48115827
>>48115848
For an Admiral or shipslut not named Kisiragi, yes. Probably.

What exactly is canon for Kancolle anyway?
>>
>>48115611
Redwall
Neopets
Minecraft
Twilight
Scott Pilgrim
>>
File: losing your way.gif (176 KB, 425x240) Image search: [Google]
losing your way.gif
176 KB, 425x240
>Jump has a power I want for personal reasons
>it's probably completely evil, though

Send help.
>>
>>48115877
>What exactly is canon for Kancolle anyway?
Depends on the ship, but the good girls have 16 inchers.
>>
>>48115522
I found this. Wild Card says you can take a type of magic that doesn't match up with your Parent.

https://boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/47452483/#q47459115
>>
>34)Spyro the Dragon
>Professor
>Beast Maker

>Harbinger of Magic
>Critical Analysis
>Mystical Engine
>Dr. Renaissance
>Grand Scheme of Things
>I Still Got It
>Quick Learner
>Little Rebel
>Dragon Crystals(Elusiveness) x5

>Sacred Charm

>From Beyond the Realms (Drop-In, Magic Crafter, Harbinger of Magic, Maniacal Laughter, Corruption Adept, Quick Learner, Dragon Crystals (Power) x 5)
Aradia, Kanaya, Porrim, Terezi, Vriska, Aranea, Feferi, Meenah

>Villain Magnet(Red)
>Crossover Panic
>Meta-catastrophe

Standard world saving procedures, gathering up the various Spyros and Crash the Bandicoots to save the universes. I owe it to Bass and Treble to upgrade them to have backup magitech power sources. Giffany too, because making the robots immune to instant magical annihilation sound useful. Then it's time to sit back, relax, research, and thwart Red's various plots.
>>
>>48115883
Do it anon. Join the Dark Side.
>>
>>48115915
Go home /d/ you're drunk.
>>
>>48115883
>>48115926
We have cookies.
>>
File: lewdqknrvCO.gif (361 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
lewdqknrvCO.gif
361 KB, 500x281
>>48115915
>>
>>48115951
This is lies, they had cookies, the only "cookies" they have left are gluten free.
>>
>>48115926
>>48115951
But I mustn't!
>>
>>48115883
What jump and power? Maybe someone could suggest an alternative, or compelling argument to go for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 850x1133
>>48115915
You're not wrong.
>>
>>48115975
DO IT.
>>48115974
WE RESTOCKED!
It was Spyro's fault, anyway.
>>
>>48115975
Come on anon, the bad guys are cooler.
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>>
>>48115915
basically it's Cannibal Nazis In miniskirts fighting Cronenberg horrors on the high seas,I wish I was making this up
>>
File: 1461272407072.jpg (148 KB, 489x535) Image search: [Google]
1461272407072.jpg
148 KB, 489x535
>>48115490
A large chunk of my predictions on how things work turned out to be true.
They even now have an in setting explanation of how blue/spirit gems work. As well as upgrading using the "Aethercrest" which bares a striking resemblance to the menu/upgrade screens in the games.
Convexity/Aether being a source of metamagic, etc.

Should I give a jumper access to Dark Aether? Light Aether no problem. However it seems that balance is a key theme here. So perhaps make it a separate purchase with both sides being buyable. Also a general buff to strength of will perk. A creativity perk. And perhaps some changes based on the lore. And also perhaps a change to other perks. Keeping in line with lore only 3 elements total. But Aether might be an exception. It feels like it lies separate from the others enough to make it buyable even if you have the other 3 elements. It'll be combinable with the others acting more as an enhancer to your magic. Accessing both Dark and Light will grant you a whole host of drawbacks without points. But It'll be worth it right? Dark has the susceptible to corruption drawback. While light probably makes you needlessly light hearted and naive. Both Probably would get you the attention of both the ancestors and Malefor directly.

This is just off the top of my head however so this might not be the final idea. What do you think?
>>
File: They lie.jpg (217 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
They lie.jpg
217 KB, 1200x801
>>48115951
>>48115974
>>48116004
>>
File: grumpy.png (290 KB, 630x542) Image search: [Google]
grumpy.png
290 KB, 630x542
>>48115812
"Gank" is a bit of an exaggeration for what's still ostensibly a fairly hard series of battles. I honestly don't see what your point is here, the opportunity cost is whatever weird spirit juju lets a regular dude use regular fighting techniques to lay low angels and demons, in exchange for surpassing overall human limits before accounting for that specific spirit weirdness.

>>48115769
Mainly because of Multiple Choice, I'd assume. The exact details are unclear, but a fully fledged Fae's magic seems to be narrower but "deeper" metaphysically. The Wyld Hunt, for example, have much less trouble fucking up an army of Outsiders-one of which can hold their own against a room full of the world's most powerful wizards.
>>
>>48115985
Warlock in WoW, a number of mind-control perks in various Jumps, the usual.
>>
>>48115812
>>48116058
Can you two not bring this into the new thread?
>>
>>48116058
Speaking of the Wild Hunt, I just remembered they can do stuff like transform a motorcycle in a demonic puma that can run over water. Wonder if you can do shit like that if you have the Erlking or Santa as a patron?
>>
>>48116083
Not a shitstorm, still perfect fodder for conversation.

>>48116058
My point is that you are explicitly said to be superior if you do NOT use Dormant Power. You're sacrificing power for immediate gain, but that gain will be less than what you can eventually achieve. This is what makes it a trap.

And none of the secret or ultimate bosses in SMT are level 77. They're in the 80's at the very least.
>>
>>48116028
I'd say both should be offered, and each require a drawback. Like you said, Light Aether is naive and kind, while Dark Aether is corrupted. I'd also say that for the latter, there's also a problem with keeping control. Given how having both is incredibly powerful, I'd agree with your idea of the Ancestors and Malefor immediately giving you their direct attention.
All in all, everything you said sounds reasonable, and also perhaps put a cap on the power they can gain till post-Spark, given that the source seems to take the whole "Cosmic Power" thing fairly literally.
>>
File: angra_mainyu_by_leahcorrine.jpg (336 KB, 800x1060) Image search: [Google]
angra_mainyu_by_leahcorrine.jpg
336 KB, 800x1060
So I might maybe have used Ungodly Soul from SotC to consume All The World's Evil in Fate. Now I'm the living incarnation of humanity's evil.

What do I do about this? What does this mean?
>>
Quick question:

Raise dead and other such spells from D&D don't work on sentient/sapient undead from what I remember. If that's the case, is there any way to bring back a sapient undead that has been destroyed / rekilled?
>>
>>48116058
Be fair now, the Wild Hunt had an army of superhuman monsters that were physically attacking things that could be physically attacked. The Wizards were facing a mistfiend with magic.
>>
File: Count-orlok.png (179 KB, 330x472) Image search: [Google]
Count-orlok.png
179 KB, 330x472
For X-Men movies Jump, can someone give me more examples for max point drawback version of Morlock?

Im taking omega level weather manipulation for reference

Mists shall herald my approach! And I might look like Orlok, I havent decided yet. I want to be something that walked out of a silent horror film.
>>
>>48116127
The only two I can think of that might work, might mind you, are Wish / Miracle and True Resurrection. Even then it'd be kinda sketchy. Bringing undead back isn't something I've ever seen a ton of, as most splat books treat them as either monsters or fodder. They're mostly interchangeable with any others of their type.
>>
>>48116144
Do you have perks for becoming a shadow? I seem to recall Orlok could do that, though I might be thinking of someone else. Aside from that, JoJo and Hellsing Vampires are the best vampires for the horror aspect.
>>
>>48116127
well, there is a spell somewhere for that, you might find it in either the spell compendium or in the Libris Mortis if you have access to those. Don't recall the name, but there is definitely spells for restoring dead undead to unlife. Dead undead can be raised back to life with raise dead and the like though.(which I take it is not your intent.)
>>
>>48116127
Go any healing class in WoW. Their resurrect spells regularly work on Undead.
>>
>>48116186
Sorry I should be more specific: I already have means of looking/being a silent horror film

But I want to take the Morlock drawback for points and I cant think of a reasonable effect. The example they give is basically 'you mutation is physical and makes your life difficult like that you are a 1000 pound blob.'

Im just failing to think of something thematically appropriate for weather manipulation
>>
>>48116205
Fuck, how did I not immediately think of that. That is unbelievably obvious.

Thanks, anon.

>>48116187
>Libris Mortis
I'll give this a look as well.
>>
>>48116099
I don't think The Wild Hunt is actually something that is an inherent part of their power. It's a natural phenomena that they just like to take part in. Anyone that is strong enough can challenge to take control of the hunt. It's just that those two are powerful enough to normally be in charge. Though how a hunt is instigated was never really explained. The Erlking is summer aligned (loosely) and Santa is winter so it may be possible if you are strong enough and have a chaotic alignment.
>>
File: sideglance.png (248 KB, 435x488) Image search: [Google]
sideglance.png
248 KB, 435x488
>>48116083
Calm down, we're just talking about a jump.

>>48116108
I think my point of contention lies in the fact that if gameplay mechanics are taken to represent setting feats, by the same token "what you can eventually achieve" still comes with very explicit limitations on your actual capabilities-namely the fact your regular attacks don't suddenly turn into mountain-levelling blasts or such, so you seemingly still need to actually fight the things the old-fashioned way to make use of your powerlevel. And death by rockslide seems really telling of just how many human weaknesses are retained.

I'm not saying you're wrong in terms of "raw spiritual power", in the context of an otherwise normal human fighter from SMT "raw spiritual power" isn't as relevant as being able to access certain special defence-breaching attacks-which the boosts do grant easier access to. So from the perspective of someone taking SMT as a standalone jump it is a much better option for surviving its' events.

Not to mention that there's absolutely nothing stopping you from whittling down someone with a higher level than you (just ask the protag!) save what they can Null or Reflect.

>>48116099
I was under the impression a) it was primarily the effect of the Hunt as a whole's collective power but it's not clear and if it was one or the other I'd say b) it'd be much more likely that it was Erlking's power doing that. Santa's speciality is time shifting, after all.

>>48116135
Fair point, but it doesn't change the fact that Winter's forces at the Outer Gates have gone toe to toe with the Outsiders many times over when the majority of wizards run from them.

I was also about to bring up Sharkface/He-Who-Walks-Before but I have to admit he generally kicked ass unless he got in a fight with Harry, at which point everything tends to go wrong for him.
>>
>>48116237
Well, aside from mists, storms were associated with vampires I think. So perhaps whenever Orlok Jumper comes into town, that area is affected by rain storms or something like that?
>>
>>48116271
Yet these attacks you vaunt can't even kill those humans.
>>
>>48116260
Revive Undead in the spell compendium it is also in libris mortis
>>
>>48116127
No, you can't resurrect a vampire, and you can't animate a destroyed vampire, but you can resurrect a destroyed vampire into a human* just fine.
>>
While we are loosely on the topic of Dresden does anyone know of a way to prevent constructs, machines, or summons from being possessed? I took the trilogy drawback and want to throw down with a Golem army, but the Outsider's whole possession and ability to give things free will is making that seem like a bad idea. Giving them an army of jumper made metal shells to inhabit would be pretty bad.

Someone suggested giving them freewill and using social engineering to convinve them to fight for me but that would make them count as companions and I don't have room to take them with me. Leaving behind an army of golems to do as they please seems irresponsible.
>>
>>48116386
not quite correct. >>48116324
>>
File: 1391774529682.png (81 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
1391774529682.png
81 KB, 400x236
>>48116114
Thanks. I'll be sure to note this stuff down for future reference. I'll have to go now since I have work in literally 10 minutes. But hey keep tossing me ideas and suggestions if you guys have any.
>>
File: ayep.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
ayep.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>48116299
Be fair-SMT player characters are ridiculous super stronk and special compared to regular humans; their friends are often also as well, or belong to organizations specifically dedicated to hunting demons. If they weren't it would be the demons screaming and running in fear from humanity, not the other way around.
>>
>>48116442
Yeah, and that's what you get if you don't use the perk. See the issue?
>>
>>48116429
"Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead."
>>
>>48116429
It's a good thing I was talking about general resurrection then, though to be fair I miss read the original question and though he was asking if destroyed undead were completely inert.
>>
>>48116478
Dormant Power gives you the potential of the PCs. You don't get it without it. From there, you have a choice—swap some of that potential for upfront power, or leave it as is for more potential. That's a choice, and you aren't forced to take it.
>>
>>48115883
Well eventually you'll end up on one side of the fence or the other due to these sorts of dilemmas.

I went for fun evil.

Even if you do go evil you don't have to be evil all the time. You can even still pretty easily do more good than harm with an entirely evil powerset in a lot of settings.

Innistrad had a pretty big one of these for me, pretty clear that the Angel/Church background is the easiest to do a lot of good with but the Vampire stuff is so much more fun.
>>
>>48116535
And using it in that way is a trap.
>>
>>48116573
It's not a trap you demented fucknigger. If you boost a capstone, you're stronger than you would be if you just had dormant power and trained. You can choose to forgo that boost and become even stronger, while losing out on special abilities granted by the boosted version.

Dormant Power<BoostedCapstone+Dormant Power<Capstone+Dormant Power
>>
File: moshimoshi.png (282 KB, 720x542) Image search: [Google]
moshimoshi.png
282 KB, 720x542
>>48116405
Actually you only need to be worried for summons. That ability you're talking about is based on a disembodied...thing, called Nemesis that's sort of like a sentient Reaper indoctrination field. It works by taking something or someone that's ALREADY sentient and giving them some leeway to going against their own nature. The Outsiders have yet to demonstrate any capability to possess constructs or machines-in fact Demonreach, which is essentially an EXTREMELY high level construct, is one of the few things that can seemingly withstand an entire army of them while simultaneously being pummeled by two Sidhe Ladies and a dozen each of their best minions. And Mab implied Demonreach was holding back by thanking it for allowing her to arrive and give judgement when Harry summoned her.

If anything free will would probably make golems MORE vulnerable to them. As for the rest, the Ring of Pacts perk from Final Fantasy 12: Revenant Wings enables summons to pass abilities between each other, so if you mix your regulars with some specific summons that have possession-negation abilites that could help. Guardian Angel from Supernatural also enables you to prevent any harm you can see coming, and the Enochian sigils can be inscribed on surfaces to prevent angels or demons from possessing them-which may or may not work against other kinds of things triying to possess them. I think the Lore of Light from Warhammer Fantasy i.e. Dogs of War is also good for AoE effects that effectively do that, and the entire Student Meister perk tree from Soul Eater's handy for counter-corruptive effects.
>>
>>48116480
Revive Undead, is a spell that restores dead undead to their formerly undead state(unless killed by turning). It's basically raise dead for the undead.
>>
>>48116635
its a trap because it gives you a hardcap, period. It lowers the hardcap for every capstone it boosts.
>>
>>48116573
>gaining access to more and varied abilities
>trap

Nigga, Eight-Forked Drunkard's Shadow boost is fucking fantastic and I will not tolerate your slanderous attitude.
>>
File: disappoint.png (261 KB, 824x560) Image search: [Google]
disappoint.png
261 KB, 824x560
>>48116478
...no. No I do not.

Because as I think I've said like 3 times now, you gain a number of advantages and abilities you otherwise would have no way of attaining using Dormant Power alone. The choice is yours as to whether that's worth diminished spiritual potential-which, again, is not by itself an absolute decisive factor in winning battles. Some people emphasise immediate utility/surviveability/superior evocative capability, some people only care about powerlevels alone-I don't see how that's a trap. Not everybody wants to be a PC.
>>
Is SMT really that good to warrant how much shit it brings up? The actual SMT not the jump. I know nothing about it besides whats brought up here, but I'm getting the feeling it's naruto tier considering how butthurt people always seem to get about it.
>>
>>48116698
Because everything you keep vaunting is also shown to be absolutely destroyed by the protagonists.

>>48116635
>>48116681
The jump explicitly says that if you use it to boost, then you lose out on potential and will ultimately be weaker. It's immediate gratification only.
>>
>>48116769
Nigga I can turn people into entirely unique demons - shaped by the beliefs of whatever population I draw from - with a magic system unique to that person's beliefs & ideals. With a fuckhueg mana / energy pool based on how much energy I can supply them during the initial transformation.

ONCE MORE. I WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR DISRESPECT FOR THE EIGHT-FORKED DRUNKARD'S SHADOW.
>>
>>48116755
SMT1: local man heavily cripples the forces of god and lucifer
SMT2: local genetic experiment slays god for at least a couple years
SMT3: regardless of choice or reason local demon human hybrid punches creation will
SMT4/F:Local reincarnated humans are prophets of the true great will (yhvh is a radical faction. residential celtic deity develops way of killing a god and its followers at once to prevent it from incarnating from the human mind/expance

But really its the inconsistent power levels that 1 and other spinoff titles demonstrate that a human/summoner can fight incarnations of gods that can confuse people

I just sorta accept its rpg logic
>>
>>48116803
Wait shit that's what that capstone does when boosted? I never knew.
>>
File: chuckle.png (227 KB, 595x496) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.png
227 KB, 595x496
>>48116769
>absolutely destroyed by the protagonists

And my point is that a) it's damn silly to use this as the only metric for valuing anything in a jump and b) you have a tendency to vastly exaggerate the parity of those fights, they're still, well, BOSSFIGHTS not curbstomps. It's almost like you're operating on the assumption that killing protagonists is the only valid aspect of a choice in a jump.

>>48116755
Eh. It did a lot of things early on that RPGs didn't tend to do, and as time goes on the games do take a more nuanced view of the conflict between order and chaos than LUCIFER FUCK YEAH; admittedly the early games tended to be fairly simple, straightforward "here are your choices go forth and kill stuff gg" plots with a more explicitly pessimistic vibe, and over the courrse of the franchise the gameplay's mostly stayed the same as the earliest pokemon games, with minimal attack animations so there's a certain dissonance between what's shown in the cutscenes and what regular battles actually look like. There is a certain grandeur to the conflict between the PC and beings of cosmic clout I guess, but by the same token certain characters can come across as one-note at times.
>>
>>48116861
Yep.

Says so in the notes, dude.
>>
>>48116803
I remember that one requiring some kind of ridiculous investment time.

>>48116869
>they're still, well, BOSSFIGHTS not curbstomps
So? That doesn't mean the protagonists aren't better. You also ignored when I pointed out to you that the cost of using this perk ONCE puts you at 77, and most of the figures you keep holding up are in the 80's and 90's.
>>
>>48116861
NIGGA, GIT EDUMACATED:

>...That’s a lie, isn’t it? You did change. Something about that place resonated with your spirit. You have been blessed
>with a greater innate awareness of demonic existence. Not the genes and organs other parties gleefully study and
>practice on, but the metaphysical back-end which brings such beings to reality in the first place, and you know how
>to make use of this. By combining great amounts of magical power, either built up over long amounts of time or
>taken at once from hundreds of willing magicians, with the faith of tens of millions of people you may transform a
>single human being who wholeheartedly believes in a particular ideology into a true demon. They will have immense
>raw power due to the magic used to rebirth them, a great and fearsome form shaped by the belief of the population
>which brought them to this world and unique sorcery based on their ideals.

THIS IS WHAT YOU LOSE OUT ON WHEN FOCUSIN' ON TRIBRIDS.
>>
>>48116803

I actually asked SMTAnon about this, and you can also use it on yourself.

So sure you might potentially have less potential, but this is way cooler.

Hell combined it with Demon Summoner and you can get a group of custom summons with enough effort. Possibly even super versions of the ones you made if you can take advantage of alternate timelines to make multiple versions of the same unique demon.
>>
>>48116769
That sounds a bit off, given the potential of Devil Summoner, Demonic Fusion, Eightfold Drunkards Shadow, and Demonic Infusion.
>>
>All these fools talking about "lost potential" and I'm just chilling here with soft cap and folded 1000 times.
>>
Has anyone here read the Overlord light novels? I just finished the third one, Blood Valkyrie, and I have a question.
>>
>>48116958
Sure, wot's up?
>>
>>48116958
Ask the question, someones more likely to answer that.
>>
>>48116958
What's your question?
I can't guarantee I'll know it but I can try.
>>
File: stare.png (313 KB, 536x534) Image search: [Google]
stare.png
313 KB, 536x534
>>48116901
I am, in fact, well aware of the figures. As I've said repeatedly before, in-universe powerlevels are far less relevant than individual abilities for the purposes of winning fights in SMT. I didn't ignore you at all, I considered that to be irrelevant to the points I was making.

You're also ignoring my point that your only basis for accusing the boosting system is the belief that "the protagonists are better" when the boosted perks can potentially give you the means of doing things other than fighting directly, OR different ways of fighting than being close enough for the protagonist to stab you/launch his spells.
>>
>>48116948
...well shit, I actually forgot about those. (Probably because I haven't jumped where I can get them yet)
>>
>>48116681
>>48116803
>>48116902
Anon, are you me?! I took Eight-Forked Drunkard's Shadow and boosted it as soon as I knew I could! I've made a hobby of leaving super demon champions in the various jumps I went to, though I will always hold a special place in my heart for the Demon of Justice I left in Kamen Rider.
>>
>>48116958
>>48116965
>>48116968
>>48116974
Genuine LN spoilers:

So in the final fight between Shalltear and Ainz, Shalltear feels a presence behind her and that causes her to hesitate. That allows Ainz to get off his final cash item use, using the item lets Ainz win.

The presence she feels is described as an enemy, the anime does a quick shot of a weird eye, and then it’s not mentioned. Mostly because she dies right after that.

Do subsequent novels explain who that presence is / was? I’m assuming it’s whoever corrupted her, but since the story isn’t done I wanted to know if that’s something that’s been resolved yet.
>>
>>48116919
It's what the jump says.
>>
>>48117009
If I'm remembering this correctly, it was Aura.

She used a class ability to affect Shalltear. Shalltear, as an undead, would normally be immune to mind-affecting abilities, but Aura's intimidation ability isn't classified as a mind-affecting skill and thus it allowed her to affect her with it.
>>
>>48117009
No, get this: it's one of the elves, thesister I think. Dead serious.
>>
>>48116997
>>48116902
I am now thinking about what would happen if this was used on Harry Potter. He would change from being whiny and put upon(sure he has reasons, but they are irrelevant for this conversation) to becoming the incarnation of the Boy Who Lived legend crafted from the fictions told about him that make him out to be practically merlin's second coming to his legions of devoted fans(well, devoted until they all turned on him but use it on him before then and make him the god the wizards all acted like he was)
>>
File: sweat.png (328 KB, 959x672) Image search: [Google]
sweat.png
328 KB, 959x672
>>48116948
Hey now, we're just talking about the options from an in-jump perspective.

>>48116997
>demon of justice

I want to say that's contradictory

But I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually already a thing somehow given how nonsensical kamen rider is

>>48116829
>residential celtic deity develops way of killing a god and its followers at once to prevent it from incarnating from the human mind/expance

Admittedly even after everything I've said about specific abilities>powerlevels, I'm still wholly confused at why the fuck Dagda is this relevant in the cosmology. Just as I'm still trying to figure out why Okuninushi has a comparable level to Metatron in Devil Survivor even accounting for slower Bel power growth assuming Abel didn't attune to his abilities as quickly as he did in the Cain routes. At least in Strange Journey it was handwaved that the goddesses teamganked YHVH after lack of belief weakened him or something.
>>
I've been looking at the thread for a bit, and I'm curious, I just read Dormant Power, what does it actually allegedly do to you that makes you weaker?
Say I have Drunkards Shadow and Demon Summoner and Upgrade them with Dormant Power, what happens? Can I still essentially die in a cave-in? I feel like my reading skills are lacking or some shit.
>>
>>48117009
That was actually Aura, the female elf twin.
>>
Whats a good jump to grab a weapon?

Was looking at the Bayonetta jump and the weapon customization section alone makes me want one.
>>
>>48117036
>>48117039
>>48117061
Really? So Aura is the reason Ainz wins that fight? That's interesting. Does it elaborate on the fact that she did it or is it something that's just dropped and then not brought back up?
>>
>>48116829
>>48116869
So it's a combination of old-school writing + fluctuating power levels + the canon evolving over time + a lot of religion's big names. I can see how that cause some confusion, and attract everyone that tries to prove their jumper dick is biggest.

>>48116643
And thank you. That was very helpful
>>
>>48117065
Mushoku Tensei's Soul Spear is amazing (basically indestructible, more powerful the more you use it), and it's free if you take the drawback origin.
>>
>>48117058
end of the document in the notes.
>>
>>48117065
Anarchy Reigns can give you a Killer weapon, which comes with a free element, and a compact storage form, it also has a perk you can use to be amazing in using it.
>>
>>48117065
the mega man X and Z jumps are pretty good for weapons, so is blame!
>>
>>48117082
Maybe? I don't remember where it was mentioned. It's been a while since I read V3.

You've got V4 to look forward to now. You poor bastard.
>>
>>48117065
Depends on what kind of weapon you're leaning towards.

>>48116997
It's a beautiful thing, is it not.
>>
>>48117121
A couple of my companions did that, and have since had their soul weapons imported in other jumps where I imported them.(My pet hollow's soul weapon has gotten particularly buff)
>>
>>48117138
What's wrong with V4?
>>
>>48116123
It means you are no longer approved for consumption by the FDA. More seriously, the perk itself is meant as getting an altform based on how the MC ended up from killing all those colossi. Nothing in it implies you get more altforms for taking in alternate evils, so you're already in wank country. We can't help you.

>>48117049
Not that anon but I disagree on demon of justice. Remember in SMT that demon is a pretty broad generalization for what qualifies. More over they come from the collective human unconsciousness. A demon embodying a trope or idea from it isn't unusual.

As for why Dagda is suddenly the one true murderhobo, I can't explain it to you. I never learned about Celtic myths. Okuninushi is clearly pressing the nasuverse home field advantage. No other explanation for it.

>>48117065
Jojo. Then import it to MT's soul spear to make it your stand in fact.
>>
File: surprise.png (397 KB, 959x626) Image search: [Google]
surprise.png
397 KB, 959x626
>>48117046
>I am now thinking about what would happen if this was used on Harry Potter

Anon

Anon, you would turn him into a Harry Potter from one of those fanfics that takes the master of death title super seriously and gives him unlimited powah to mary sue all over the place

At least he probably wouldn't become one of those fanfic Harry Potters who becomes a vengeful, lusty demonic edgelord. That's what Demonic Fusion/Sacrificial Bestowment's for

>>48117039
To be fair the elves are pretty damn scary in terms of combat capability.

>>48117058
Ah, I think there's a bit of misunderstanding here: Taking it doesn't actually make you weaker; quite the opposite. The thing is though, Dormant Power ALONE gives you the spiritual energy growth potential of the SMT 1 game's protagonist. Because of aforementioned confusing game mechanics, this is a guy who can duel multiple archangels and demon lords over the course of a few days and come out on top-but by the second game he dies in a cave-in, implying although his attacks were super-deadly he was still ultimately still a human with human physical limits. Now to be clear I'm not saying DP locks you into baseline human form, just that by itself it doesn't give you any extra durability.

So taking those specific capstones wouldn't lessen/heighten your chances of diving in a cave-in; your spiritual potential (nebulously defined as something that makes your attacks-which are otherwise regular magic spells and strikes-super effective against supernatural beings) is simply diminished from how great it can eventually grow. Taking a capstone that makes you inhuman would make you buff enough to survive a cave-in though.

>>48117065
Darksiders, Age of Mythology, any of the Type-Moon jumps, Akame ga Kill, Blazblue, and RWBY spring to mind.
>>
>>48117127
>Bear in mind that this power is an odd one. At about the point where the Hero became able to kill Yama, the judge of the dead, he still could not break normal steel bars. Even after the end of it all, the Hero still could die in a cave-in. While you might eventually reach the point where you could defeat world-shaking gods, you’ll somehow do so only with skill leveraged by normal human strength, durability, and speed.

So essentially, Even if I can move at mach speeds. I would fight gods by usin skills a normal human can do?
I've read it before. I'm probably overthinking it or something.
>>
>>48117162
It slogs on and on, consists of 90% pointless National Geographic OCs, and literally nothing that happens is even slightly relevant to the story for at least the next 6 volumes and probably way more.

The only good news is that the subsequent volumes are leagues better.
>>
>>48117065
God of War has some great customization options, and there's Legacy of Use from Smite.
>>
>>48117202
I figured he would become the embodiment of the in universe fanfics about him the 11 year old version of Harry who as a baby had killed a dark lord and as a toddler spanked nundus and tamed dragons and all the other ridiculous things surely got published about him and probably made some publisher an insane amount of money, cause who is going to stop them? It's not like anyone is actually looking out for Harry or making sure money made in his name is his. Still, it would probably turn him into an UberSue of unimaginable power.
>>
>>48117203
yeah, I don't really get it either. The notes section is rather confusing in places.
>>
>>48116982
Honestly I think a lot of positions you take are just a villain fetish.
>>
>>48117049

>I'm still wholly confused at why the fuck Dagda is this relevant in the cosmology.

>>48117168

>As for why Dagda is suddenly the one true murderhobo, I can't explain it to you. I never learned about Celtic myths.

I can think of two possible explanations.

1. The makers of Final were lazy, noticed that Dagda's special skill among their pantheon was 'got into the pantheon do do their special skill being has all the special skills', and went "Good enough no need to look for a more sensible option".

2. The second is that Dagda probably stole the fairies lunch magecite when they weren't looking.
>>
File: shouting.png (233 KB, 674x574) Image search: [Google]
shouting.png
233 KB, 674x574
>>48117311
Wow, I'm...sorry to have tried to explain and justify my point of view to you civilly about an IP I liked. If I knew you were going to stoop to unjustified-and frankly, to my mind-incomprehensible ad hominem I wouldn't have bothered.

All I've been trying to do is explain why I feel it's not a "trap" option by explaining what I feel are the relative advantages of DP-boosting perks. Not once have I said whether you should use them to be a hero or villain.

Also, how lewd of you to accuse me of taking positions.
>>
>>48117121
>>48117065
Yeah but it's weird because it's not really a weapon, it's your tail.

You start off with a little succubus tail that eventually hardens and drops off.
>>
>>48117065
The old League of Legends jump had some nice ones, Curoch and Iures from Night Angel, Touhou has a few, Borderlands lets you make or purchase a legendary weapon/shield. Warframe has some very nice ones and the wip is jumpable if you don't want to go Infested or Tenno. Dark Souls and Demon Souls also have some very nice ones.

Creating a Teigu with Akame ga Kill is normally your best bet or you can import a weapon/armor/object to make it a Teigu. Bayonetta and RYBY should be saved for later to use their fusion options to combine the powers of your favorite weapons. Then Import your signature weapon to Anarchy Reigns and MG Noir. There are probably a few other weapon imports but those are the ones I know.
>>
>>48117400
Because from my position you're being extremely hardheaded. We KNOW that the protagonist is superior, because he beats them all. Letting you do as he does gives you the potential to do the same, and no matter how special being Metatron is, it pales in comparison. But you just won't acknowledge what the games themselves show us.
>>
Could both of you just get a fucking room already.
>>
>>48117455
>I'm not interested in the conversation so you're not allowed to have it.
>>
>>48117461
If it were going anywhere, I'd be interested.

It's literally two people "sword-fighting" their opinions and views on SMT which is already a dead horse at this point.
>>
>>48117407
>The old League of Legends jump
...We had a League of Legends jump? What the fuck happened to it?
>>
>>48117065
If you're want Ultimate Power(Tm) then jump King Arthur, grab an Enchanted Weapon that absorbs other weapons and acquires their powers, and then go to town fusing every single weapon and powerful magical item you get into one Ultra Mega Super Sword. For bonus points jump Harry Potter, grab the Goblin Forged Sword, and fuse it into your fusion sword to also give it the ability to absorb the properties of anything that would make it stronger.
>>
>>48117477
You're literally yelling to shut down a conversation because you're paranoid they'll start yelling at each other. It's hypocritical at best.
>>
File: panic.png (301 KB, 553x537) Image search: [Google]
panic.png
301 KB, 553x537
>>48117444
And you're not? From my position you're just outright ignoring the fact that a) the capstones let you to things other than win fights, and you've spent this entire exchange arguing on the basis that winning fights is the only valid advantage perks should give you, b) that we KNOW the protagonist died in a rockslide meaning he had significantly less durability than a supernatural being-unless you seriously want to argue that a capstone-boosted demon is less durable than a human and c) this conversation was predicated on your assertion that the tradeoff from diminished dormant power was a "trap option" rather than simply an opportunity cost given in exchange for other things the protagonist can't do, like create his own angels or eat demons to evolve.
>>
>>48117485
Someone else ended up working on one, the two versions are supposedly being worked into one.
>>
>>48117485
It got claimed because Ravenloft Anon disappeared over the course of a solid year.

And now the original claimant is gone and we threw the first League of Legends jump out into the river because RA had disappeared.
>>
>>48117138
>>48117162
If V4 doesn't have anything can it potentially be skipped? Or skimmed at the very least?
>>
Quick question in case Strike-Chan happens to be on.

What kinds of limits does Changeling have? Can you only pull offer minor cosmetic changes, or are bigger things like changing someone's race, height, or sex okay too?
>>
>>48117528
>Ravenloft Anon
It was Lovecraft anon.
>>
>>48116478
>>48116698
>>48116769
>>48116869
>>48116901
>>48116982
>>48117311
>>48117400
>>48117444

This topic is missing an important detail.

The player characters are basically mythical pokemon trainers. Sure they beat a lot of god-like mythical beings, but this is usually after recruiting their own mini-army of mythical beings.

The protagonist would have probably done a lot worse against the godly mythical beings if they didn't manage to befriend their own rag tag bunch of godly beings to help with the fights first.
>>
>>48117503
If you can't defend yourself then a silly trick isn't going to mean anything. When the actual Metatron comes to lop off your head it doesn't mean much that you can make someone into a young demon if you get thousands of people together. And other than the Drunkard and Bestowal perks? All of the boost DO center around fighting skills, while at the same time crippling your fighting skills to be worse. That's what every single other boost amounts to.
>>
>>48117533
Too meta, brah.
>>
File: Lol.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Lol.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48117485
I'm not sure if it was ever official honestly as I only have it because someone posted it here. I think they were working on an updated version but haven't been heard from a while. I picked up Kassadin as a companion through the drawback a long time ago so I can't really remove it from my chain official or no.
>>
File: icons.jpg (51 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
icons.jpg
51 KB, 564x423
/jc/! Alliance or Horde?
>>
>>48117554
Ugh. He decided this version wasn't going on the drive and he and Brows we going to make a combined, actual version. Okay?
>>
>>48117562
Alright man, I didn't know. Anon asked a question so I just tried to answer.
>>
>>48117561
>Alliance
More bangable.
>>
>>48117561
Nuke 'em both.
>>
Working on Jojo right now. Anyone mind sharing their stand?
>>
Is there anyone other than Rory worth companioning in GATE?
>>
>>48117579
>More bangable
I'd argue for the Horde.
>>
File: brutal_legend poster.jpg (371 KB, 1280x1806) Image search: [Google]
brutal_legend poster.jpg
371 KB, 1280x1806
I noticed that Brutal Legend didn't have a musical talent perk of any description.

Is this an oversight? Or am I just blind somehow?
>>
>>48117668
And you have a right to your incorrect opinion.
>>
>>48117561
Well both of the factions themselves could use a good purging so the question is really which faction has the more fuckable races, which is a tough question since they both have some good ones.
>>
>>48117677
It's weird like that.
>>
>>48117589
>>48117691
>kill them all

Spotted the Burning Legion.
>>
>>48117503
ASA, you may as well stop while you're ahead. I'm pretty sure that this is the same guy that was saying that Minecraft Jump's industrialization options can't make non-Minecraft stuff, despite the Jumpmaker saying otherwise, and that the Thaumcraft option, which is based entirely around research and discovery, had a solid, definitive, start and end point that no amount of perks or logic could get around. And even if he's not, he's in the same crazy ballpark.

What I'm saying is that he's the complete opposite of a powerwanker - a nerfwanker. He wants to nerf everything. And he's not going to hear anything else about it.
>>
>>48117687
What about all them blood elf girls(at least I think they are girls. Eh, at least 50% are probably girls. They all look like girls).
>>
>>48117721
Hey I only called for a purging, I don't want to kill ALL of them. . .
>>
File: tinysmile.jpg (21 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
tinysmile.jpg
21 KB, 300x415
>>48117543
...really demotivated to continue this conversation but lemme try again:

>If you can't defend yourself

First off? Again, higher spirit level or whatever doesn't mean you "can't defend yourself". Didn't stop the Protag from picking fights with people with a higher level than him-or his whole team, as >>48117536 points out-for one, and amazingly enough there are perks other than capstones for that.

Secondly, what's this about crippling your fighting skills? I've asked SMTanon and he's said the whole DP levels thing is essentially a metaphor for your capacity for continued spiritual growth, not a lock on how well you can actually fight.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47318937/#47319214

>>48117637
Hardly anyone. Depends on how you feel generic traumatised elves and generic quiet blue magician girls I guess.

>>48117628
http://pastebin.com/tRPWU9DP

>>48117561
Alliance: Nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there what with the occasional outbreak of racism, incompetence or incompetant racism.

Horde: Half the factions want to kill each other, the undead's leader is out to stab everyone in the back and the orcs keep succumbing to demonic rage so-yeah, I'm not touching that. Also I'm filling a restraining order against the entire Blood Elf species for fear of how they'd react to a roving massive source of mana.
>>
File: voldebored.png (189 KB, 497x280) Image search: [Google]
voldebored.png
189 KB, 497x280
>>48117721
The standard counter-charm for demonic infestation is, of course, fiendfyre.

>>48117744
Okay. Maybe not ALL of them. But you've got to agree that there are enough people that are in charge that it's questionable whether you have to kill a minority or majority.
>>
tribrids can be difficult to conceptualize, how on earth would you mix a fenrir with a kraken and a griffon? What on earth would such an abomination look like? (This isn't a combination that I want, just curious because crack pairings can be fun to contemplate)
>>
>>48117769
half bird
half lion
half wolf
and half octopus
>>
>>48117730
I wasn't even here for that argument. Was as the beach.

>>48117755
>Didn't stop the Protag from picking fights with people with a higher level than him
You're not supposed to fight bosses until you're at a roughly equivalent level.

>Secondly, what's this about crippling your fighting skills? I've asked SMTanon and he's said the whole DP levels thing is essentially a metaphor for your capacity for continued spiritual growth, not a lock on how well you can actually fight.
That 'spiritual growth' is how strong you can become. Ergo, your maximum fighting potential.
>>
>>48117756
I thought the best way for dealing with demon infestations was to be bigger and badder than any one of them and then eat them all one by one until you were bigger than all of them combined? Power wise of course, I'm not trying to be Red hueg.
>>
>>48117756
1. When is Fiendfyre not a good solution?

2. If you killed too many of them there would be no green amazons or purple elves.
>>
>>48117561
Alliance. This is our land, fuck those green assholes.
>>
>>48117784
this really doesn't help me in the least, but I love the number of halves involved. It's like playing stack the template in 3.5
>>
>>48117733
Blood elves and night elves cancel out, and I would say Draenei and trolls cancel out for what amount of their numbers are attractive. The only remaining bangable members are humans, and maybe undead, and the undead are undead, so unless that isn't a concern to you humans edge things out for the alliance.
>>
>>48116114
Exactly how bullshit is aether to be capped to post spark. Does it reach dbz level shenanigans?
>>
>>48117825
eh, there are probably almost as many attractive orcs as trolls. Though, I see your point about the undead. The goblins hold no appeal, and the Taurens are Taurens(generally cool people, but not exactly waifu material, strictly bros)
>>
Mass Effect question, what's the extent of the connection between the Reapers and the glowy AI thing in the Citadel? Are they allied to it, enslaved to it, and what happens if it gets (1) destroyed or (2) taken over?
>>
>>48117485
Badically lovecraft anon said he was working on one in september of 2015 and posted some perks. Brows started working on it in February 2016 looking at the archives. Lovecraft finished it in may, but the thread pointed out brows was also working on it, so they decided to work together.
>>
>>48117810
Fiendfyre will not cancel out fiendfyre, and it will not cure a drought. Other than that...
>>
>>48117903

>and it will not cure a drought.

This is probably not completely true. Fiendfyre is a type of fire, which means it should generate heat. Which means you can use it to get plenty of water if you use enough of it in the right location, for example the north or south pole..

Sure you would mess up the global ecosystem, and probably cause an apocolyse, but the drought would be solved.
>>
>>48117903
It is certainly versatile, heh, the White Walkers LOVED seeing a horde of semi sentient of monsters made of fiendfyre. . .
>>
File: cooldown.png (334 KB, 652x602) Image search: [Google]
cooldown.png
334 KB, 652x602
>>48117810
1. When the problem is a surplus of Fiendfyre

2. I like purple elves but I always found it kinda odd how they turned out to be the hippy civ when literally every other species that lives in harmony with nature goes full barbarian.

I know it's probably because of Elune, but still.

>>48117889
Apparently the AI thing is their boss, basically.

Destroying it/taking it over in ME3 sets off a chain reaction using a separate ancient alien superweapon that causes all the Reapers in the galaxy to be destroyed/taken over. It's not clear what happens if you destroy/take it over without choosing the options it gives you, but it would probably have a drastic impact on the Reapers being their control hub.

>>48117790
>You're not supposed

I'm not even sure if this is a valid argument considering how integrally we're taking gameplay mechanics as representations for actual events.

>second part

You're just flat out ignoring the points I'm making. If we're to take gameplay feats as metaphors for spiritual growth then by that reasoning there's no reason not to someone with lower maximum fighting potential can never beat someone with higher one, esecially provided they've access to powerful mystic skills in exchange for lessened growth potential later on.

Also I strongly feel the fact that a majority of the capstones enable you to do things OTHER than fight at all is a significant aspect of their worth but you clearly disagree since you seem incapable of acknowledging it, or move the goalposts in an attempt to recontextualise their value into batle when pressed.
>>
>>48117790
>You're not supposed to-
Stopped reading right there. You obviously have not played the game, given that you fight Yama, who's a level 70 demon, at level 40 or so. And you can win. Easily. Not only that, but Asura and Michael, the two potential final bosses, are beyond the level cap, with the latter being 116 to the protag's level 99.
>>
For those more knowledgeable of Jojo than I, how does this look compared to canon/what you picked for a decent stand?

The Stand [Purple Haze]
Destructive Power: E
Speed: A
Range: C
Durability: D
Precision: A
Developmental Potential: A

Basic Ability: Fills a 100 foot radius centered on my position with a fast-acting narcotic fog that causes those who inhale it to feel an overpowering sense of drowsiness, euphoria, and suggestibility.

I plan on scratching it with an arrowhead to upgrade it to Requiem, but I'm drawing a blank on what that would do with it's powers. Ideas?
>>
>>48117996
I'm literally reading the fucking boosts. I'm seeing shit like 'making a shield' or 'absorbing demons to get more powerful, BUT your maximum potential is still lowered'. It's all combat based.
>>
If you podded Gilgamesh in Fate, gave him Dormant Power from SMT and the Tenseigan from Naruto could he kill the Endbringers in Worm?
>>
>>48118088
>What is Eight-Forked Drunkard's Shadow?
>What is Sacrificial Bestowment?
>What is the Mage's capstone whose name I can't remember that allows you to create demon hybrids?
>>
>>48118106
You... I like you anon.
>>
>>48118064
Looks alright, but, uh.

There's already a Purple Haze in canon.

>>48118106
Only if you use Unholy Heights to make him into a girl, become her husbando, then make her into your Sekirei.
>>
>>48118121
I acknowledged those two >>48117543
>>
>>48118064
Seems pretty useful, actually.

As far as the requiem ability goes, maybe tailoring the fog's effect towards specific ends. Have it emit fog that can cause people to see things that aren't actually there or that terrify them, inflict them with a severe case of solipsism(nothing else exists besides you), basically, not just good trips anymore, but also specific types of bad trips that you can tailor make, given a few moments' thought.
>>
>>48118064
Looks fine to me, but Purple Haze unfortunately already exists.
>>
>>48118132
Shit... uh... Is there a 'Smoke on the Water'? I read up till, like, the infamous steamroller fight and my interest petered off.
>>
>>48118161
Nope, you're good there!
>>
>>48118161
I'd probably go more with something like, 'New Drug,' but, 'Smoke on the Water,' sounds good, too.
>>
>>48118161
I'd go with From Rusholme With Love.
>>
>>48118185
New Drug is good, but it might expose his Stand's ability. Remember, half of a Stand fight is figuring out what the enemy Stand does in order to form a counter.
>>
>>48118106
>>48118132
>Not importing her as a loli in Touhou and Medaka, then havind her beat Darkseid.
Take your plebian badwrongfun out of my jumpchain.
>>
File: cooking.jpg (138 KB, 900x665) Image search: [Google]
cooking.jpg
138 KB, 900x665
>>48118137
I don't feel like continuing this exchange when you make a point of refusing to acknowledge relevant points whenever it's convenient for you, especially >>48118022 aside from my own. While having the gall to accuse me of the same when the only thing I've been trying to do is explain why I feel the way I do about whether or not DP boosts are a trap instead of whatever ulterior motives you apparently think I have.

>>48118137
Better question: If you podded the Endbringers from Worm, gave them the Cherubim Sigil from Supernatural and Befriending from Nanoha could they teach Zouken Matou to love again?

>>48118264
But if you beat Darkseid, you can't import him as a Variety show host who's "an icon of kindness and friendless" through the magic of Generic Children's Television jump.
>>
>>48117784
add unicorn with demonic fusion
half bird
half lion
half wolf
half squidipus
half horse
half sword
>>
>>48118225
Ah, good point. As long as we're talking about stands, I was thinking of one a while ago, and I was going to call it, 'Dr. Feelgood.' I'm not sure on exact stats, but I was thinking it would be a very short range, fairly physically weak, but quick and precise Stand that was literally surgically precise and could cut without causing pain, capable of performing surgery, transplants, and the like, even things like cutting tendons and ligaments to hamstring opponents, quickly and efficiently enough that, most of the time, his targets didn't know it was happening.

Too much? Too weak?
>>
>>48117769
I'm getting... griffon with a wolf's back half, an assortment of tentacles instead of a wolf's tail, squid-eyes, and a horrific patchwork of feathers and fur.

And also it's fucking huge.
>>
>>48117769
I think the only way that would work would be if you:

>breed the fenrir and kraken
>breed the kraken and griffin
>breed the fenrir and griffin
>breed fenrir-kraken and kraken-griffin
>breed fenrir-kraken-kraken-griffin with fenrir-griffin
>receive fenrir-fenrir-kraken-kraken-griffin-griffin
>by process of elimination, this creature is a fenrir-kraken-griffin

So there's, like, five steps to that whole process, and the end result is probably insane.
>>
>>48118376
it's really only huge when it wants to be. The rest of the time it's only big. It might be the other way around though.
>>
>>48118348
I like it, it reminds me of that Italian chef with the food stand
>>
>>48118391
sounds like chocobo breeding
>>
>>48118064
Alright, here is Stand 2.0

[Use the Man]
Basic Ability: Fills a 100 foot radius centered on my position with a fast-acting narcotic fog that causes those who inhale it to feel an overpowering sense of drowsiness, euphoria, and suggestibility.

Requiem Ability: Those affected will now, at my directing, begin to suffer from cold sweating, crippling depression, violent muscle spasms, and severe muscle pain.

I decided that since Purple Haze was taken to just go balls put with the heroin allusion.
>>
File: wat.png (200 KB, 469x584) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
200 KB, 469x584
>>48118348
I think that's perfect actually. There's a guy in Diamond is Unbreakable whose Stand lets him cure people of health conditions, which causes their bodies to violently expel the maligned areas. It takes the form of small floating tomatoes that he infuses into his food.

Heck, sounds like it could even pull off some nasty Pillar Man stuff in combat; maybe on a smaller scale but Stands being psychic and all it could also be way harder to hit than a Pillar Man.

>>48117769
As SMTanon said, I'm just a bunch of blended high-grade angel juice poured into a theomechanical EVA.

A very, very shiny Eva that can also turn into a blinding expanse of formless holy light.

>>48118333
>squidipus

I think that's two quarters actually
>>
>>48118348
I like it, makes an amazing stand for medics and is actually capable of providing a defense.
>>
File: blush.png (334 KB, 653x555) Image search: [Google]
blush.png
334 KB, 653x555
>>48117769
...wow. Wrong thread, tab AND website. Now that's just embarrassing.

ANYWAY, that actually sounds pretty straightforward to me: Griffon with tentacles sticking out of its' flanks like frilled lizard's frills, a bushy wolf tail and wolf-colored fur that happens to have wolf teeth. Also, it's hueg.
>>
>>48118402
>>48118421
Would it be too weird for the requiem ability to be to surgically extract genetic or special abilities from people and implant them in other people, so long as they're, "compliant," which could be anything from consenting to knocked out?

Oh god, even if I'm not a villain, I have a villain stand.

>>48118431
It also goes really well with how I tend to fight, which could be easily and correctly described as, "combat surgery." I picked up a set of kunai in Naruto that have blades modeled after specific types of scalpel blades.
>>
>>48118088
it doesn't lower your potential, it converts some of it into up front power. Use your fucking brain man. Do you honestly think you're paying 600 cp to be shittier than you'd be otherwise?
>>
>>48118529
Don't start that again!
>>
File: scared.png (377 KB, 531x620) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
377 KB, 531x620
>>48118461
Sure, I think that's fine! I think it'd be fun to specify the exact terms of "compliance" like how Telence D'arby can only remove souls when people lose a game they play with him and even being a little shocked is enough to take the soul.

And don't worry-after a while there's a really thin line between villain and protag stands. Heck, Josuke can stop time; admittedly Diamond is Unbreakable is kinda distinctive even by JoJo standards because of how many cackling villains of the week suddenly become super friendly after they're beaten up.
>>
>>48118529
>Delving into game terms for a bit, Dormant Power gives you a maximum Level Cap of 99. Each Perk boosted by it removes 22 from that and turns it into raw power upfront.
Meaning that it eliminates part of your ultimate potential to get the boost's effect, making you shittier than you'd be otherwise.
>>
I know this have been ask many times but are there any anti-precog perks beside from Worm, Half-life and Viking saga?
>>
>>48118594
Dune.
>>
>>48118594
The ones from Terminator and Merlin that make you immune to fate would probably also double as anti-precog, since all the readings involving you have a high chance of being false.
>>
>>48118548
Terms of compliance...

Can't be under the effect of mind-altering substances; can't be, "second-hand," compliance("He totally said it was cool to do this to him," wouldn't work); has to be compliance issued to me; doesn't necessarily have to be compliance to the surgery, per se, but must be compliance to an order given by me("Just stop struggling," followed by them fainting would work); and can be implied compliance, such as by losing a fight to me(to the victor go the spoils, etc).
>>
>>48118601
Well that is one jump that I will be doing later, probably with an entire fleet of ship and ludicrous amount of plasma.

>>48118637
They can do that?
>>
>>48118391
>>48118410
There is no problem that cannot be overcome by an imaginative and vigorous use of the animal husbandry skill.
>>
So, /jc/. I've just jumped Ravenloft, and now I'm in Steven Universe. While I'm trying my best not to have my head twist 'round backwards from the mood whiplash, I ask you this; how could I best leverage my Cleric magic to give Pearl either effective grief counseling or the biggest mindfuck of her millennia-long life?
>>
>>48117730
I see you taking shots, but the fact that you don't have any evidence to support your argument is represented clearly by your resorting to name calling.
>>
>>48118757
She's effectively a miss-programmed and broken robot. Her type of gem is engineered to be a servant/pet for higher ranked gems, she just came out wrong and developed a lesbian crush in addition to the servility.
>>
>>48118685
Well, if some precog has in their head a list of things that they know for certain that you're going to do, that's essentially fate, right? So while it wouldn't block them off completely from reading you like other perks, you would have the chance to go 'off the rails' from what they're predicting, whether knowingly or not.
>>
>>48118766
Ah fuck, he's back.
>>
>>48118783
Ignore him, maybe he will be eaten by a grue.
>>
>>48118757
Leverage all of this amazing cleric magic from being nothing but a fucking human. Pearl is shown to be a bit of a bitch to humans if their not Steven. Personally I recommend not fucking her over big time. Rather show her that your the better person, that humans can have the same amount of love and respect for living beings as rose had. Then she'll start treating human beings like they should be treated.
>>
>>48118783
It's too bad, we did a lot better without you here telling us everything bad is all the fault of one person.
>>
>>48118807
humans fucking suck though
>>
ok, lets say you had a tribrid between fenrir, griffin and shuten doji. Would it make sense for it to be a bipedal horned griffon with a more wolfen than leonine nature? That can turn into an 800 foot tall wolf based griffon(still with it's oni horns). Trying to make this cool but still make sense int the terms of the jump. Possibly, have it able to have the bipedal form and quadruped forms at both sizes?
>>
>>48118807
I like this idea.
>>
>>48118813
>you here telling us everything bad is all the fault of one person
>implying it's only one person who does that
heh.
>>
>>48118766
I've already made my point, and it went a little something like this:

>"Jumpchain is a single-player game. No one else's experiences with it will ever - ever - affect your experiences with it unless you specifically let them."

Your entire argument hinges on you telling someone that knows the setting and one of the core assumptions of Jumpchain - that worlds work on real-world logic unless stated otherwise in the Jump, or in a Drawback you take in the Jump - better than you that they are wrong.

You are essentially saying that, if you take Terraria, despite the fact that the Jump itself says that it's not a flat, two-dimensional plane unless you take a Drawback to make it into one, you can't build your houses as being completely enclosed aside from doors and windows, the way a house is supposed to be, because, while there's an item called, 'back wall,' there's not one called, 'front wall.'
>>
>>48118864
Troll not do feed.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.