[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #934: Big Bazookas Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48098315
>>
Jumpers!

Do you prefer buying gear with CP or crafting gear from scratch?

Crafting! I didn't pick up those tailoring and object enhancing perks for nothing.
>>
File: Kars2.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1926) Image search: [Google]
Kars2.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1926
>>48106816
I am my gear.
>>
>>48106816
A mix of both. Sometimes I use the cp bought items as a base to build other stuff. Other times I try to recreate the cp bought items via my other perks and abilities.
>>
>>48106816
Buying and then upgrading it further!
>>
>>48106816
>why not both.jpg
>>
>>48106816
Crafting dawg, it also gives me an opportunity to hide some...tricks. I usually build or revamp vehicles, so some crazy shit got left behind in my Chain, like a code-casting runic starship in Star Wars KOTOR.

Picking it up in Clone Wars was awesome and everyone learned very quickly not to laugh at any old beaten up ship.
>>
>>48106916
Eh I just wanted to know peoples vague preference. Unless someone is going for a theme, most people end up with a smattering of both anyways. I just have a crafting heavy theme.
>>
File: Why not both.jpg (83 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Why not both.jpg
83 KB, 400x400
>>48106916
If you are not doing it right, then don't do it.
>>
>>48106948
well my Preference is generally to just steal it,if it already exists but I've house that you can't steal things offered for CP, which is why Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 1 was such an agonizing build for me, of course things like the safeguard sword in blame! was not the same safeguard sword offered in the jump, which was the one from the prequel but rather stolen from a defeated safeguard during the climax of the plot.
>>
>>48106816
I buy interesting CP gear, but I then do what I can to reverse engineer it and incorporate it into my own designs.

So my walking around and combat gear are my own craft, but they're based on technology and magic I've acquired elsewhere.

>>48106840
Legacy of Use is amazing.
>>
Hey Strike-Chan, were you not including an appearance perk in the new DXD release or did I just not see it?
>>
>>48106983
>>48106840
What is legacy of use?
>>
File: ggmain20081205b.jpg (178 KB, 700x1054) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20081205b.jpg
178 KB, 700x1054
>>48106816
Depends what it is. I tend to like having the Jump-chan Guarantee™ for important stuff like primary weaponry and protection, things I need to absolutely not screw up when I'm eyeballs deep in boss fights.
Then I layer my own modifications over the top.

But if it's to hand out to other people, my own stuff is just as good.
>>
>>48107059
It's from Smite. It's a great perk, particularly when you consider it isn't a capstone.

>Legacy of Use (400CP: Discount Drop in) –

>Your items become stronger as you use them, your feats with them feeding the items power. Sing a giant to sleep and your lute lulls people to sleep whenever you wish. Slay a dragon by charging through its flaming breath with your shield and your shield shall protect you better from fire from now on. By truly mastering the self you may have this apply to you as well.
>>
What do key crests in tales of symphonia look like?
>>
Oh, before I fucking forget and screw up everything forever.

Now, when entering a new Jump and I'm using Pods, do I actually need to import my companions? There's a couple of Jumps that I'd like them present in as themselves wholly for Chain-plot reasons.

The thing is, I have a technicality I can use to summon them to me after I jump in, but I'd rather not use it because it's fucking cheating.
>>
What are some good jumps to prepare for a war of annihilation against the Johj?
>>
File: 1461363134605.jpg (3 MB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
1461363134605.jpg
3 MB, 10000x10000
>>48106816
I craft items to later consume and assimilate them.

Sometimes I also buy items to consume and assimilate them.
>>
>>48107123
You only need imports if you want to give your companions shit from the jump itself. You don't need imports or import options to have your companions running around with you.

This applies to both companions and pod people.
>>
>>48107138
Huh, 'kay, thanks Anon.

Now if you don't mind, there's a little frustration I need to work out.
>>
>>48107166
Just keep in mind that unless it's specified in the jump, your companion slots are limited to 8+P. Eight is the number of normal companions you can have out at one time, and P for pods. Pod people don't count against normal companion slots.

Also, since we're on it, there are companions that have multiple companions for one slot: the two Choirs from LoT, the IG platoon from 40k, Kerbals, and a few others.

Unless otherwise specified, though, assume that it's 1 companion per slot.
>>
File: look.png (373 KB, 764x684) Image search: [Google]
look.png
373 KB, 764x684
>>48107131
Animorphs, Biomega, Gargoyles, Supreme Commander, Resident Evil and Worm.

>>48106816
There's some gear out there that doesn't really have any how-to guides on creating, or appears to run on fiat. Like the World Items in Overlord, considering the mystery of how PCs ended up in the New World and YGGDRASIL's magic system usurped the native spirit energy-based system is still completely unexplained. Or the egg in Digital Devil Saga.

On the whole though, I don't actually have a preference. Whether I buy or craft gear, I generally end up tinkering with it a lot.
>>
>>48106816
I tend to make my own much if the time, but I do buy items from time to time if I want to be sure they're not going to break on me.
>>
File: giphy.gif (935 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
935 KB, 500x206
So, in light of what was discussed last thread about how slow the perks make you in comparison to Quicksilver, would Manyfist and Cracker_Jack consider updating their jumps to make the speed powers faster?

I'm not saying they should make them be Mach 2000+, just better than they are.
>>
>>48107387
But Arrowverse speedsters are much slower than Quicksilver, barring time travel shenanigans aren't they?
>>
>>48102204
>All of Disney
Poor Elona.
>>
>>48107397
Yes they are, though as stated last thread Quicksilver's "speed" is better described as a time manipulation power.
>>
>>48100189
>>48099997
I pretty much refuse to support a comicbook that considers that kind of society to be a good thing.

It's one thing to try and sell 'women are in charge!' and another to try and sell 'they kill their mates and enslave their sons!' as a good thing.
>>
>>48107413
There's no proof of that. Everything points to him just having super speed and secondary mutations that let him bend physics over a table.
>>
>>48107413
My point is that means there's no reason why Manyfist should update his jump based on feats by a character from a completely separate continuity from the relevant jump he made.
>>
>>48107418
>It's one thing to try and sell 'women are in charge!' and another to try and sell 'they kill their mates and enslave their sons!' as a good thing.
Well, to be technical they didn't enslave their sons. They sold their sons as slaves to Hephaestus in exchange for weapons and armor.
>>
>>48107413
Also yeah, what >>48107429 said really. Especially since Apocalypse tripped him up seemingly by accelerating his own reaction time rather than deploying his own space-time shenanigans.
>>
>>48107108
There are higher quality images of individual Key Crests, but this should show you the variety of looks they have.
>>
>>48107435
To be fair, I'd rather own a divine hammer than a kid who's going to rack up college debt so I can't fault the Amazons' logic there at least.
>>
>>48107436
Plus the fact that he was able to send Apocalypse flying with his punches in the first place.
>>
>>48107435
That distinction doesn't matter much, anon.
>>
>>48107430
All I'm saying is moving the softcap higher. I really just mentioned Arrowverse because if the X-Men power gets buffed more, it'll be explicitly better than the Arrowverse one and people will probably bitch about it.
>>
>>48107466
I wasn't giving it as a justification, just to clarify what was going on in case anyone was curious.
>>
>>48107482
Honestly I just wanted Speedster for the unlimited access to the Speedforce post-spark.
>>
>>48107482
Arrowverse Speed force has plenty of non speed applications, like throwing and catching lighning. . . somehow
>>
>>48107387
Yeah, I would love to see the soft caps buffed to Mach 100 or so.
>>
File: 2b9.jpg (36 KB, 600x406) Image search: [Google]
2b9.jpg
36 KB, 600x406
>>48107502
>>
>>48107430
Arrowverse also displays feats that mean that your limit of mach 40 is pathetic (relative to the other speedsters), even without the lightning bullshit.
>>
>>48107529
Like?
>>
>>48107418
It wasn't painted as a good thing at all.

Wonder Woman was pretty horrified when she found out about it and Hephaestus basically calls them all out on it. The whole female-only idyllic warrior society is revealed to be a pretty brutal and unpleasant sham.

I honestly don't know where you could have gotten the idea that it was all sold as a good thing but I can only assume you didn't read the comic.
>>
>>48107524
And you would still be less 5% as fast as quicksilver. . .
>>
>>48107482
>it'll be explicitly better than the Arrowverse one and people will probably bitch about it.

I just don't follow the logic here. "People might complain about thing because unrelated thing from another setting is better" isn't a valid argument, especially when it's founded on the cancer that is interjump balance. By that logic everyone should be complaining every fireball spell isn't the equal of Giga Slave.
>>
>>48107532
Like that time in season 1 where Barry moved fast enough to see lightning going in slow motion?
>>
A question about KH jump, could I grab the Part of a Whole Drawback twice?

>>48107387
Why don't you pick up secondary Perks to help with that? I mean I can literally walk faster than Quicksilver could run thanks to a combination of Super Speed, Bayonetta's magic style, Quicksilver Style, Kanka, Chi usage, and Shunko. Granted this is all ridiculous when combined, but isn't that the entire point?
>>
>>48107482

>>48107387
Why not just get yourself some time powers and copy quicksilver? Why try to force makers to change their jumps to match something outside of their jumps?
>>
>>48107548
Is that feat consistent with all his other feats or just an outlier to look cool?
>>
>>48107542
What if you combine it with Lunar Dial from Touhou? Would that help?
>>
>>48107535
I imagine he's conflating how it was viewed pre New 52 and how it's presented in the New 52. Most of the heartache it caused, if I remember right, was that it did kick the pedestal out from under Amazon society and made them more gritty and less utopian.
>>
>>48107542
Well, it is a soft cap...
>>
File: 1361676590269.gif (3 MB, 267x199) Image search: [Google]
1361676590269.gif
3 MB, 267x199
>>48096320
So instead of giving us a REAL Skullgirls 2 they're giving us a shitty cashgrab phonetrash game with microtransactions. Consider me pissed off.
>>
>>48107543
I never said it made sense, anon. But with those being really similar abilities in kind-of similar jumps, I can just see people arguing about it.
>>
>>48107563
Yes, as would any other time power.

What are some good time stop/slow perks that would be good for this?
>>
>>48107535
>It's totally a bad thing but we aren't gonna do anything about it at all
>>
>>48107535
Did she try to save the slaves? Actually do anything to stop the Amazons from repeating the process?
>>
>>48107548
I could've sworn Arrowverse Flash capped out at fewer machs, that sounds more like a feat of perception than land speed per se really.

>>48107563
You know, I really wish there were better feats for Lunar Dial. People keep insisting to me that it's better than Time Alter Accel in every conceivable way but as far as I can tell a maid uses it to clean really, really good and I just roll my eyes at it getting put on such a pedestral just because it's from Touhou. I mean, DBZ's, well, an endjump and it's a setting where a guy who can reverse time for a few seconds is considered crazy OP by the time of Goku mastering his super saiyan god powers and going to the interuniverse tournament.
>>
>>48107588
Most time powers I can think of are "slow time for 60 seconds".
>>
>>48107579
Fair enough. I just think suggesting to do something because people might argue about it otherwise instead of making a logical decision consistent with established principles is pretty silly.
>>
>>48107608
That guy from DBZ can only stop time and even then for less than a second I believe.
>>
>>48107608
I honestly don't know anything about Touhou, it's just the only time power I know of that's that flexible.
>>
>>48107608
Time Alter Accel is pretty shitty as far as time powers go man. A Maid using it to clean fast means she can at least accomplish the main function of TAA as well as that ability can. The only other ability it has is slowing down the user. Both speeding up and slowing down the user also damages the user. So basically, most time powers are going to be better then the one that only affects the user and does so at a lethal cost.
>>
>>48107629
You must be new here.
>>
>>48107608
Sakuya's role and duties doesn't make her power less impressive.

It's ultimately a game series where the characters are cute, outlandish lolis doing cute and/or horrific things then drinking tea. A maid is mandatory.
>>
>>48107644
Meh, admittedly I'm speaking from the point of view of someone with too much regen but in practice that just means to me they're on-par with each other and I think TAA is cooler.

>>48107634
That's a fait point. I'm willing to buy it's more flexible, but people acted like it also stops time more or has more raw power or...something, just because of some throwaway lines in the perk about usurping other peoples' timestops I can't find any basis for in the Touhou canon. I guess the part about it manipulating space as well is kind of neat if you're ever dealing with someone specifically insured against time-only shenanigans?

>>48107684
Oh, stop that you.

>>48107630
On the one hand, holy shit DBZ is bad at time shenanigans.

On the other hand to be fair at the speed Goku and any reasonable rival must be fighting at by now, even half a second is a long, long window of opportunity to punch a guy with.
>>
>>48107699
Allow me to rephrase: Sakuya's role and duties render it unclear why I should be impressed with her power in any way, shape or form because I can't recall her doing anything impressive with it unlike, say, that oni who can turn intangible.
>>
>>48107711
So your speaking from the point of view of someone using the ability beyond what is shown in canon and dissing another ability because what is shown in canon isn't as impressive as what you could only accomplish with stuff beyond the ability by itself? Seems mighty unfair. Not to mention that Sakuya can stop time, something TAA is absolutely unable to do.
>>
>>48107591
>>48107607
Well they do it 3 times every century so it may not be due for a while, IIRC she had been exiled and by the time she actually had any influence over the society there was a massive catastrophe on the horizon. Catastrophe gets averted and then the run ended so nobody really knows what would have happened after that. I think it was implied once or twice that Diana was curbing some of the uglier aspects of their society when they were all under attack but there wasn't really enough time for full societal change of a people who were largely ignorant of the world at large and worshipped gods who are mostly arseholes.

She actually did try to save the slaves when she found out about them but then they all turned out to want to carry on broing it up with Hephaestus because he's actually a good dude.
>>
>>48107735
She's a bossfight and a character in the fighting games. Have you at least watched videos of that?
>>
>>48107608
Just go Thief of Time in SBURB. Get all the time, all of it.
>>
>>48107608
>Lunar Dial
Found the page on her powers, it's a little more ridiculous than I remembered, so I'll be quoting directly:
> Sakuya possesses the ability to manipulate time, where she's able to control the flow of time, such as speeding up time, slowing it down, erasing it, and stopping time altogether. She can also compress the flow of time to make both past and future to exist at the same time, making the same object from different timelines be in many places simultaneously.The extend of her ability let her not only control the time of the place in which she is, but can influence the flow of time of a person, a specific object or even a small zone if she so desires, such as stopping the time of an object and thus affecting the space, making it stand still on thin air or creating time suspension fields where everything inside them will be affected by her ability; she can also accelerate or decelerate the movement of objects from slowed down speed to incredibly high speed, to even reaching the speed of light, making it move at tremendous speed. However, as it is difficult to reverse events that have already occurred, and since she is not able to return broken things to how they were originally even if she reversed time, in reality, it is not possible to reverse time. However, she is able to do things to the extent of moving things back to where they were originally. She has shown the ability to erase time of an object from a respective timeline; such as erasing bullets of the present and then the future, making them non-existent.
[pt. 1 / ?]
>>
>>48107759
> She is also able to manipulate space,[1][9] and can narrow or lengthen it: she made the Scarlet Devil Mansion, which was originally spacious, even more abundantly spacious, and furthermore just like this she cleans alone. ZUN also said that "Manipulation of Time" is synonymous with "Manipulation of Space" (as it's well-known space and time are related as a 4-dimensional Lorentzian space within a pseudo-Riemannian manifold). By manipulating space-time, Sakuya is able to create parallel universes to some degree of extend, allowing her to make another Sakuya appear in front of her, which will execute a different action to that of the original, and thus creating a time paradox.

> According to Perfect Memento in Strict Sense, the power to control time is a power that a human can possibly have, but isn't acquired just from just training. In the games, using this ability, she scatters an infinite quantity of knives. To disclose the secret of this trick, she stops time and assiduously collects the knives.

> Hieda no Akyuu believes Sakuya has managed to live so long while still looking like a teenager by manipulating time. It's true that Sakuya can increase the speed at which something ages, such as making bamboo flowers bloom instantly in Marisa's A ending of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, even though this would normally take sixty years. It seems safe enough to assume she can decelerate aging for a specific object, too.
[pt. 2 / 2]
>>
>>48107711
Did you just not research at all mate? Even the most cursory look at the wiki not only describes her power but gives canon examples. You shouldn't expect much if you base your opinion on naught but hearsay.
>>
File: 21993.jpg (23 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
21993.jpg
23 KB, 220x293
>>48105843
>>48105881
>>48106393
Given that I take companions BASICALLY just for funny setting interactions (which is how P&S won out on my original build), I'm now tempted to try and take both.
Geez, that's so expensive, though...

>>48106816
I mostly like to buy stuff and then upgrade it. Stuff I make all by myself tends to be mass produced or tailored for the setting.

>>48107131
Well, we got the go ahead to blow up the planet if needbe, so.
Exterminatus...?

>>48107108
They're basically just a broach designed to allow magic filtering. See: >>48107445

>>48107588
I just use the one from Madoka.
Homuhomu has "I just fucking freeze time for everything everywhere, end of story", and that's good enough for me.
>>
>>48107747
Hey, I never said I was unbiased. I'm not asking for anything to be changed here, I'm just saying from my point of view one's overrated as fuck.

Amusingly enough, ever since Kiritsugu became a Servant in Fate/Grand Order it seems his Time Alter has become a Rank B Noble Phantasm called Chronos Rose and...it's literally just Time Alter, but it doesn't appear to damage him anymore.

This is funny to me for some reason.

>>48107750
Yes. Bossfights rely overmuch on spamming lasers, dodging and gameplay mechanics themed around those elements. None of which appear to portray impressive time shenanigans to my mind.

>>48107753
You're not wrong but then I was talking about Touhou and TAA, not Sburb.

>>48107802
>>48107778
>>48107759
Fair enough.

But pardon me if I'm a little underwhelmed that all this is Wildbow'd through author comments, part of someone's unconformed rumor or otherwise somehow isn't represented at all in the battles.
>>
>>48107835
Oh hey, I like the hair down look, blue. Is it odd that I think you'd fit perfectly into P&S? You should totally buy both sets of canon companions.
>>
>>48107552
>A question about KH jump, could I grab the Part of a Whole Drawback twice?
Soooo, I guess I'm gonna have to fanwank this then?
>>
>>48107857
>But pardon me if I'm a little underwhelmed that all this is Wildbow'd through author comments, part of someone's unconformed rumor or otherwise somehow isn't represented at all in the battles.
There is an image, on the wiki page, clearly labeled, of her stopping time, in a canon manga written by ZUN himself. If you're simply too lazy to spend the minute to check I have no idea what to say to you.
>>
>>48107857
Had taken it as you were shopping time manipulation and those were the two you were most interested in. Therefore I proposed a third option that's similarly strong but less reliant on either going through the land of wank and lolis (unless of course that's what you decide is your planet's name for SBURB).
>>
File: 4654.jpg (57 KB, 586x438) Image search: [Google]
4654.jpg
57 KB, 586x438
>>48107916
>the land of wank and lolis
>>
>>48107940
>>48107916
But isn't that just 4chan?
>>
>>48107940
As in Tohou. It's composed of nothing but those two things by my understanding.
>>
>>48107749
That's pretty idiotic. Studies have shown that men only very rarely develop Stockholm Syndrome for their captor.
>>
What are the best time stop perks/powers/tech?
>>
File: Highschool DxD 1.5.2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Highschool DxD 1.5.2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48105076
Done as best I can. if you notice more I'll fix it

>>48103482
>>48104234
Oh right, I forgot how to do jumps.

>>48103574
No. Ones a charisma perk and the other is a magic perk. Because they use subterfuge as a theme doesn't mean anything. I flipped 'em around.

I added some stuff to dragon though.
>>
>>48107976
Less captor and more 'the god who saved them from letting drowned by their insane mothers, raised them and then let them run around in robot suits making crazy shit in a magical factory'.
>>
>>48108029
>>48107044
>Hey Strike-Chan, were you not including an appearance perk in the new DXD release or did I just not see it?
>>
>>48107999
Rick&Morty's timestop tech probably. It can keep time stopped pretty much as long as you want.
>>
>>48108035
Still slaves and still their captor. If a guy buys you from the black market and traps you in a basement he's STILL your captor and owner even if he gives you videogames.
>>
File: Heretical tits.png (105 KB, 261x326) Image search: [Google]
Heretical tits.png
105 KB, 261x326
>>48108053
>Changeling - 400 - Mages mostly focus on developing power, bigger explosions, bigger summoning, bigger barriers, but there is something to be said for finesse. Minuet alterations to bone and sinew, skin and flesh, while not a particularly powerful procedure takes a lot of concentration. With this perk you have that finesse, along with a set of spells that can painlessly change the appearance of anyone they are applied to. Make an enemy unrecognisable to their allies, make yourself unrecognisable to them, or just give an friend the face and set of knockers they've always wanted. (50% off for Khaos)

Didn't you (or another anon) describe it as "So I can make my uggo companions not uggo no more" or something to that effect?
>>
>>48108081
...you wouldn't happen to be that guy who's super butthurt about interpreting any form of emplyment ever as slavery would you?
>>
>>48108115
biomancy =/= appearance.
>>
>>48108115
>"So I can make my uggo companions not uggo no more"
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said.

While this wasn't what I was looking for, it's still pretty neat and it'll do the trick. Thanks.
>>
>>48107889
Or wait for the jumpmakers. You do know it's morning and a holiday in the US?
>>
>>48107999
Lunar Dial and the one from Madoka
>>
>>48108234
Nope, actually forgot that.
>>
>>48108115
This isn't an appearance perk, it's shapeshifting.
>>
>>48108157
No. Do you know what captive and slavery mean?
>>
>>48107999
Personally, I'm a fan of Quicksilver Style and Magic Works from Bayonetta.
>>
>>48108289
Yes. Someone else seems to think it means doing some odd jobs for Santa Claus/the Erlking/a dragon every now and then, though.
>>
File: 38831-1-1293718943.jpg (234 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
38831-1-1293718943.jpg
234 KB, 1280x1024
>>48108158
You're using biomancy to change your appearance. It literally says

>a set of spells that can painlessly change the appearance of anyone they are applied to.

Did you just want a temporary magical veil or something? Why bother reapplying your magical make up when it wears off when you can just use this spell and change them back when you've had enough?

Keep photos handy I guess. Oh! That holographic imager from Star Trek is actually useful rather than just a novelty.

Actually now I think about it I could have used that to scan and 3d print all the things.

>>48108195
I have to overthink everything anon. Magic is just science we don't understand after all.

>>48108270
I really don't see the difference.
>>
>>48108309
Kinda irrelevant to the point I was making to Cats, though.
>>
>>48108318
>I really don't see the difference.
Appearance perk: Makes you pretty. Absolute effect.

Shapeshifting: You can change your meat around. Doesn't have to look pretty, not an absolute effect.
>>
>>48108318
Appearance perks mean you look good. They're perks, so as long as they're active, they work.

You take a perk to be pretty, you're pretty. Even if you're a shoggoth.

You take biomancy/shapeshifting, you need to make yourself look pretty in a specific form. You can also do other shit with it.
>>
>>48108318
Many jumpers have so many stacked appearance perks that it is impossible to design a more attractive appearance, they want another one.
>>
>>48108344
You're in compete control of it

You have the spectrum of both pretty and uggo. You can do either. Pretty is within the scope of the spell.

Again, whats the issue?
>>
File: What is this.jpg (60 KB, 522x438) Image search: [Google]
What is this.jpg
60 KB, 522x438
>>48108379
>Many jumpers have so many stacked appearance perks that it is impossible to design a more attractive appearance, they want another one.
>>
>>48108318
I think it's that with enough appearance perks you eventually end up beyond what is physically possible with your prettiness. Getting into some conceptual type bullshit.
>>
>>48108383
They're not absolutes. Pretty is subjective. You're just an ugly shapeshifter, it's not really you. It's only meat manipulation.
>>
>>48108397
Unlimited Vanity Works.
>>
>>48108081
The Amazons were just killing them before Hephaestus intervened and I believer were doing so as a sort of sacrifice. Having an Olympian come down and say 'I'll give you stuff if you just cut that shit out' was probably pretty much the only way to stop them just chucking them in the sea.

Add on that they're newborn babies when Hephaestus gets them so he actually raises them as well and that working in a forge is probably pretty much as close to a normal life as he can imagine or offer them and the term captor becomes laughably reductive.

It's like if some wild man who lives in the woods on his own (or any person isolated from civilized society) sees some woman about to kill a baby and in an attempt to placate her gives her a trinket and takes the baby. The baby grows up with the wild man, learns to hunt, forage, etc. from their adopted parent and doesn't really know shit about the outside world other than that their mother came from there and that their mother tried to murder them. They know however that they're treated with respect by the man who saved them and know they have a home there so they don't leave because A) they're happy and B) where the hell would they go?

For all we know of Hephaestus' character he probably wouldn't mind if they wanted to leave but none of them do because it's their home and there's a certain sense of fulfillment in making giant robot elephants.
>>
>>48108397
>they want another one.
Yes.
>>
>>48108412
The chain gun tusks are magnificent. Also, Hephaestus is on the short list of bro-tier Greek deities. Surprise, surprise, the ugly outcast is the one who's actually kind.
>>
>>48108412
Your post is literally just 'slavery is better than death'. That's irrelevant. It's still slavery.

>They start as babies.
Yes and? A child raised in slavery is still a slave.
>He doesn't understand non-forge things!
How is this supposed to make them not captives, again?
>>
>>48108412
>making giant robot elephants.
A life well spent.
>>
>>48108452
>ephaestus is on the short list of bro-tier Greek deities
Behold, I have invented the rape couch!
>>
>>48108460
They never know anything else and can do whatever they want. Do you understand what slavery is? I think not.
>>
>>48108483
The thing I believe you're thinking of just shot a net over Aphrodite and Ares when she decided to cheat on him so everyone could come and laugh at them.
>>
>>48108412
At this point he's just arguing for the sake of arguing. You've made your case and, for what it's worth, I think Hephaestus' actions are more rescue and adoption than rape. Obtuse!Anon is just making noise at this point.
>>
>>48108029
Hey Strike-chan sorry to say this, but the Jump still feels off-base. I'll link you a breakdown later, but yeah, sorry to be the downer.

Right now though, my main beef are the terms that being played fast and loose with, and what feels like at least one unnecessary Drawback.
>>
>>48108489
>They never know anything else
This is supposed to make it better?
>>
>>48108460
It's not slavery and they're not captors if they're allowed to leave if they wanted to.
>>
>>48108460
How is what they do any different from s normal job?
>>
>>48108518
Where is it said they're allowed to leave? Are they given a non-fatal method to leave?

>>48108537
Your boss keeps you trapped in the factory, raised you from a baby, and doesn't pay you for your work?
>>
>>48108504
You sound like that autistic anon who had his period over shit in the Fairy Tale and Naruto jumps that other people didn't give a fuck about/liked.
>>
>>48108029
The Evil Piece is devil only. The Angel version is the Brave System based on card. The Brave System also have less number than the Devil Evil Piece. I don't think the fallen angel have one considering they can breed just fine.
>>
>>48108545
Well there's that bit where they all leave and stay in Themyscira after the big battle.

At least read the comic if you're going to start a shitfest over it.
>>
>>48108545
They love him like a father, its basically a family business.
>>
>>48106816
Buy it, the upgrade it.
>>
File: Dearemperorhow.jpg (46 KB, 365x320) Image search: [Google]
Dearemperorhow.jpg
46 KB, 365x320
>>48108405
It's people like you that killed aesthetics at the turn of the century. But we're coming back and soon everything will be alright again.

Like honestly I'm trying to empathise with you here but the fact is that if you can imagine it the perk can allow you to create it. This means that the Aesthetic you can attain is limited only by your imagination. To go beyond that limit it to possibly enter into the realm of the eldritch, and I'm sure there are perks out there that can allow you to do that in other jumps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

>>48108504
It's fine. Shoot me through a break down when you have the chance. I've said before that I'm probably not the one to do this particular jump in retrospect.

There is a limit to how much time I want to spend on it though.

>>48108562
Yeah, but we're trying to apply a perk tree universally. I suppose I could say "Angles use a card system, but it works basically the same, don't worry about it.

>>48108403
>>48108407
>>48108423
>>
>>48108584
Doesn't preclude slavery.

>>48108576
You should have mentioned that earlier. Is it under their own will or is it basically "Hephaestus is taking us there"?
>>
>>48108559
Nope.

Just an anon trying to help a Jump-maker out. What was that about anyways? I haven't been around lately.

>>48108612
'Kay, I'll be as fast as I can.
>>
>>48108545
You know this isn't slavery and shit but more of a orange morality kind of things. There is no good or bad from it but a guy doing what he believe is right. Since he is a god, his thinking might be different than from mortals. You can't just push what constitute your ideas and philosophy onto others that might not understand them. To you it might be slavery, to others it might be rescue and to him is doing what he thinks is right.
>>
>>48108625
Sure snd working inodern day dead end jobs not making giant robot elephants is still wage slaving. They can quit whenever they want but they dontm
>>
>>48108612
As people have said, they're prettier than possible. Your perk is basically useless for them (And also overpriced). You can't design a better look. That's why they wanted an appearance perk and not a meat manipulating perk.

There's also the fact that a shapeshifted look =/= you. It's plastic surgery and not an innate part of who you are.

>>48108632
I don't believe you.
>>
>>48108652
English please.
>>
>>48108653
>I don't believe you.
Believe what you want then boss, I've got some constructive criticism to sort out.
>>
File: reagan.jpg (449 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
reagan.jpg
449 KB, 2000x1000
>>48108653
I'm a transhumanist
This argument means nothing to me

>>48108640
Sounds like a Time for Choosing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvg7lRsCVJ8
>>
>>48108640
Slavery is a word with a definition, not an ideal.
>>
>>48108666
Fuck you.
>>
>>48108686
>I'm a transhumanist
Me too. I still know what the difference between genetics and plastic surgery is.

Plus that only applies to the second part of what I said.
>>
File: halberd8hXjDIK.png (80 KB, 739x321) Image search: [Google]
halberd8hXjDIK.png
80 KB, 739x321
Who else here Team Halberd?
>>
>>48108692
And its definition does not apply here.
>>
File: Halberd.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Halberd.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>>48108707
Me
>>
>>48108625
They go as part of the battle and then decide to stay there which Hephaestus doesn't mind.

This is a bit from a comic post-Azarello's run where they decide to leave Themyscira because the Amazons are nuts.

So they can leave and stay gone and therefore they're pretty clearly not slaves or captors in any meaningful sense.

You should probably save having strong opinions on things until you actually know anything about the subject matter you're tackling. Will probably save everybody some time.
>>
>>48108714
How does it not, anon? He bought them and owns them.
>>
>>48108707
Is it an axe? Is it a spear? Is it a mages staff?

Fuck you, it's a halberd! It don't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>48107883
Thanks ~

Yeah, everything's pretty silly and cute there, despite often disgusting subject matter, the villains are fun and quirky and the heroes are selfish and awful, yet both have their own genuine roles to play.
Is it odd that I thought P&S would be one of the settings I'd fit in the most...?

Not to mention I swear like a fucking sailor.

Anyway, I probably will if I can figure out how to shuffle my choice points. God, I just want to buy EVERYTHING.

>>48108612
Well, I like it.
But then, I love designing shit.

Besides, I'd rather be able to alter people than just throw a "YOU'RE PRETTY NOW" perk at them. But that's me.
... I'm already a high end shapeshifter so the argument of personal utility is largely meaningless to me.
>>
>>48108707
Glaive superior.
>>
>>48108706
Don't bother. Strike's just going to keep assuming meat manipulation is just appearance yet to be gained, like his whining about "hurr durr magic is just science".

He ain't gonna listen.
>>
>>48108732
He paid for their lives but it is pretty obvious that he treats them as his children. Do you think adoption is free?
>>
>>48108745
Can you not use me as a springboard for your hatred against a person?
>>
>>48108754
Do you think a slave owner has to mistreat his slaves for them to be slaves?
>>
>>48108776
Irrelevant to this situation since they arent slaves.
>>
>>48108784
But not irrelevant to the point you tried to make.
>>
>>48108776
>voluntary adoption of a newborn through a non-profit agency will generally cost between $10,000 and $25,000.

He paid to adopt them with his smithing. He raised them. He doesn't mistreat them or force them to stay. They are not slaves they are adopted sons.
>>
>>48108800
Actually it is, he paid the women not to kill them but that doesn't make them slaves.
>>
>>48108815
You're not paying to purchase the person in that case, anon. You're paying government fees because the government wants money. Subtle distinction.

>The rest of your post is ignoring that a slave doesn't have to be mistreated to be a slave/
>>
>>48108837
He paid the amazonian government. Now tell me how they are slaves in any way when they can leave whenever they want?
>>
>>48108776
>>48108800
>>48108837
>>48108855
Hermione is that you?

Honestly this remind me of the time Hermione keep on going on SPEW even when it is not.
>>
>>48108722
I wasn't part of this argument, but was about to ask if he's let them.leave if they wanted. Since that actually happens, they clearly aren't slaves. Jesus Christ, people are just ignoring this post when it's the best evidence that they're not.
>>
>>48108855
I think he just likes bitching.
>>
>>48108837
What do you think slavery means you fucking idiot? They can quit and leave when they want. That is not slavery.
>>
>>48108865
Really at this point it's more like if House Elves were allowed to leave whenever they want and Hermione got all autistic about it saying they would have been slaves if not for this fact.
>>
>>48108855
>>48108885
And these two posts are conflating the part where anon is arguing over what defines slavery with the argument on whether these individuals are slaves.
>>
>>48108885
If anything he paid for their freedom.
>>
>>48108722
Isn't Hephaestus literally the only Olympian that isn't an evil asshole in the New 52?
>>
>>48108910
Yeah and gave them a really fucking great apprenticeship.

Wish someone had taught me to build big crazy robots.
>>
>>48108900
Yeah, I mean this discussion is now merely for discussion sake and nothing more...
>>
>>48108903
Not him but are you trying to say definitions of words don't matter?
>>
>>48108987
The others are the ones claiming definitions don't matter, because they're making the claim that a well-treated slave isn't a slave.
>>
And now, having thoroughly lost the argument about slavery, our obtuse!anon transitions to an argument about meaning.
>>
>>48109003
Thought so. Yeah you are an idiot.
>>
File: tgchan.png (182 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tgchan.png
182 KB, 500x375
>>48109008
>>
File: 1458230688066.jpg (203 KB, 753x753) Image search: [Google]
1458230688066.jpg
203 KB, 753x753
>>48108029
>>48108115
>>48108318
See >>48108344 and >>48108653.

Appearance perks are a different thing than biomagy. Yes, "biomagy", because "biomancy" implies a form of divination instead of the actual magical manipulation of things which would be "biomagy". Something that both mainstream and most people doesn't care about, and I understand that I am being retarded about this, just a little personal gripe. BUT. The point is while I would probably pick up that perk anyway, it is not the same thing as a tried and true Appearance-enhancing perk, such as something that makes your hair always look amazing, or your skin never blemishes, or you somehow look just absolutely beautiful all around.

>But you can do all that with changing your flesh around!
Yes, but you aren't accounting for some of the things a lot of vanity people enjoy: The implied guarantee that their appearance is enhanced, and the lack of upkeep needed. Shifting your flesh around, you're always going to have to keep on top of things. Always going to have to second guess yourself, always double check everything. Vanity perks? One and done. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am.

tl;dr >>48108379 more or less has the gist of it. The changing of flesh is still useful, but when people say "appearance perks" they were hoping for another thing to stack.
>>
>>48108913
To be honest I only read Azarello's run but really they're more amoral than evil.

Ares and Hephaestus are basically good guys for the run as far as I remember but most of the others are self-interested, prideful, duplicitous, arbitrary or any combination of those four things.

Honestly can't entirely remember whether Hermes for instance was a good guy or not as he kept changing sides.

They all act as you'd expect Olympians to act if Zeus disappeared, they're all making their own plays and most of them are jerks.
>>
>>48109089
The Vanity is strong in this one.
>>
File: smugfacekk0xvtx.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
smugfacekk0xvtx.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>48109124
>The Vanity is strong in this one.
>this one
>implying
>>
>>48109097
>Ares
>Mr. "War for the sake of war, violence for the sake of violence. No strategy or higher purpose, just slaughter."
>Mr. "I don't just fuck mortals, I sleep around with other gods' wives."
>Mr. "I got wounded by a mortal."
>Good guy
>>
File: zing.jpg (219 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
zing.jpg
219 KB, 900x1384
>>48109202
He basically got old and jaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpWmlRNfLck
>>
File: Happy sakuya.png (155 KB, 467x541) Image search: [Google]
Happy sakuya.png
155 KB, 467x541
>>48107759
>>48107778
>tfw you knew Sakuya was bullshit
>tfw you just took it

>tfw you were amused at that anon calling the Overlord manga a "free power boost" when the Touhou jump exists
>>
File: 1459329334300.jpg (294 KB, 612x782) Image search: [Google]
1459329334300.jpg
294 KB, 612x782
>>48108706
We're getting pretty deep into the definition of humanity. Appearance up until the last 50 years is something we've not had much control over makeup, hairstyles and tattoos aside. Scars tell a story, clothes make the man.

You know >>48108745 is kinda right Aside from the "hurr durr, magic is just science IRL I'm pagan, I do rituals and shit. I was fun posting. That was a good time for me and I found the discussion moderately interesting. I'll listen but I'm not going to get it, because while I think that if I was to finally get the stomach that I wanted I'd suddenly become pretty confident, but then if I had that stomach all the time I'd probably be in the exact same situation just with a hang up over my thighs or complexion or something.

I don't believe that things you can't control should define you, but the question as to whether or not they do or even should is one that's been fruitlessly discussed for millennia. This is why I, for the most part, post anonymously. When I do name fag, well, I do feel like I do have an appearance in the minds eye of the anons, but it's one that I've tailored through avatar fagging and rhetoric.

>>48109089
Oh, we're back to the question of the perk its self?
No longer talking about whether of not your appearance plays into yourself?
It's meta
You want me to play into the meta game
No
An objective improvement comes from your own understanding of aesthetics.
>>
>>48109259
>Touhou
>free power boost
I've heard that tossed around a few times. Is it really that safe? Does it really give that much power?
>>
File: 1439313879647.jpg (46 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1439313879647.jpg
46 KB, 500x383
>>48109267
>Pagan
>>
>>48109283
Depends if you go light hearted or dark in the setting. It is a fact that outsiders are dropped in and are eaten by youkai if they don't find a shrine or the human village.
>>
>>48109283
World ending threats happen all the time.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>48102100
99 Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
Age 21
Socialite
Toreador
Blood Buff, Celerity Level 1, Presence Level 1, Auspex Level 5 -400,
Blood Bond, Embrace, Haggling, Seduction -100, Persuasion -200,
Ghoul, Fridge of Blood -100, Tal'Mahe'Ra Blade -200, Sauloscept -300,
To Be Continued +200, Fornication +100,
Largely follow the plot(mostly). Have fun. Also, wander about town in the daytime thanks to my ring. I'll likely be draining the vampires that cross me as enemies and then eating their souls as well.
Continue
1 Outlaw Star
2 Master of Magic
3 Mega Man
4 Gunnerkrigg Court
5 GI Joe
6 Long Live the Queen
7 Anno 2070
8 Shin Megami Tensei
>>
File: Disappointed.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>48109267
I'm just not into that perk, it does nothing for me.
>>
>>48109283
Yep.

I mean, the capstones/600 CPs completely copy the powers of some of the settings' heavyweights. One 600 CP lets you retcon history.

>>48109300
I thought the default assumption is it's lighthearted unless you do one of the fanfics

>>48109306
Aren't those all solved by a girl having some playful laser battles with some other girls instead of world-ending reality warping powers being used to their full potential, though?
>>
>>48109311
Long Live the Queen(yay, another gauntlet). Need a new 6
>>
>>48109325
>>48109325
Princess Bride
>>
>>48109283
If you keep spell cards and a light canon? Pretty safe. Just spell cards? Do-able for most jumpers. A darker canon with no spellcard rules? Endjump material, especially if you make enemies.
>>
File: 1438985436281.jpg (94 KB, 589x637) Image search: [Google]
1438985436281.jpg
94 KB, 589x637
>>48109267
>appearance perks are meta
>meta
>being pretty is meta
...I'm confused on how you came to that conclusion, but if you're that adamant then I can't stop you. It is what it is.
>>
>>48109267
>pagan
That's interesting. I don't know a lot about paganism, but do you follow a specific god or something? Are you Wicca or something else?
>>
>>48109318
Aren't most threats in most settings solved by the protagonist?
>>
>>48109337
queued
>>
File: touhou nuke it from orbit.jpg (1 MB, 1200x1915) Image search: [Google]
touhou nuke it from orbit.jpg
1 MB, 1200x1915
>>48109283
The other anon's post describes what Sakuya can do pretty well.
There's also "Power of Nuclear Forces", "Fate Manipulation", and "Power of Death" (though that one's a bit nerfed).

Take the light hearted canon drawback and make a name for yourself, and don't be an idiot.

There's also the fact that you can get absurdly powerful companions from the jump, like Yuuka "Giant Fuckhuge Lasers" Kazami, or Suika "I Crush Mountains" Ibuki.
>>
>>48109267
For my part, I'm not really looking for you to 'get it' anymore. You pretty clearly don't understand our Unlimited Vanity Works (and yes, that's actually the name of my Reality Marble. Conceptual Prettiness.) and I'm not sure it's something that can be rationally explained.

I'm just asking for an appearance perk. Not a shapeshifting one. Both can be gotten everywhere else. Shapeshifting doesn't stack, it just give you another way to do the same thing. Appearance perks /do/ stack.

What the hell is the responce to Red about? Something about being meta? Huh?
>>
>33)Cardcaptor Sakura
>Drop-In

>Conjoined Conjures
>Ctrl Z
>Something Special
>Moon Battery
>Unconquerable Love

>Pride
>Anthophobia
>Phasmophobia
>Clow's Emnity

I think I'll be stuck dealing with Clow's future sight bullshit for most of the jump, as well as my new set of crippling fears. I can't interact with the plot without running and screaming in terror, so I have to rely on zerg intermediaries. After all the magic shit is over, we fight through Clow's keikakus to take over North Korea again. Flowers will be made very, very illegal but Terezi still insists on pulling out "romantic" bouquets to give me.
>>
>>48109318
Lighthearted is more meme related like Sakuya's pad, Yukari being 17 forever, Yuri will rule the world, ect ect.
The default is basically the regular setting where youkai are suppose to make humans fear them at least from what I can tell from the sorce material. Heck if I remember right Shikieiki was nagging Yuuka for not scaring enough humans.
Real 2hu fans please correct me if I am wrong here.
>>
>>48109267
It just does not fit the feel of DxD. People are pretty, they did not have to magic themselves prettier to get that way.
>>
>>48109318
>some of the settings' heavyweights.
The settings' heavyweights are things like the omnipotent dragon god.
>>
File: Yuuka Kazami Horror.jpg (598 KB, 800x1324) Image search: [Google]
Yuuka Kazami Horror.jpg
598 KB, 800x1324
Jumpers!
Many of you are monsters, demons, or eldritch monstrosities.

But what of your companions? Have you turned any of those who follow you into monsters?
>>
>>48109412
They usually are solved either by Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, or Sakuya.
>>
>>48109353
>>48109437
My perk allows you to be the prettiest thing you can imagine on a whim.

If you then stack an appearance perk on that you become prettier that you can fathom and probably go insane upon seeing your reflection.

But from the standpoint of you, IRL, it's a perk on a sheet or a document. I feel at that point it's a meta thing.

>>48109447
>>48109312
Well, aesthetics is really a secondary effect to make the anon who asked to make his uggos not uggos happy. I designed it around the idea of you forging your companions into doppelgangers that allow you to put them in key positions.

>>48109390
I feel I've blogged enough.

>>48109447
Is there an actually thing about everyone being pretty in DxD or is it like all anime? Where the artists only know how to draw one face/draw what will move the most figures and bluray releases?
>>
>>48109438
>Fight a plan to take over NK
Why? Anything would be an improvement for them.
>>
>>48109447
Eh, they kinda did. Devils use something like the perk to look young no matter their age. Probably what inspired it.
>>
So, starting a chain focused on surviving in dangerous death worlds. I'm starting in Dark Souls then going to either Fallout or Bloodborne. Borderlands will come soon after. I have to climb the power ladder smi-linearly.

What are some other good jumps for this?
>>
>>48109444
It's not really lighthearted in lore, yeah. It's pretty dark. It's just that the games follow named character being wacky weirdos while they solve/cause the world ending disasters.
>>
>>48109528
I mean fight through Clow's drawback-enforced prescient postmortem plans to fuck with whatever I do. I plan on conquering North Korea (as I tend to when a jump drops me in Japan and I run out of plot to deal with), so Clow is going to have had planned to try to stop me.
>>
>>48109502
None of them started human.

>>48109515
Missing the point.
>>
>>48108707
I'm Team Octopus.
>>
>>48109444
I won't lie: I just don't understand Touhou.

As far as I can tell it's like a more elaborate version of what Wildbow does with Worm, but with cute girls instead of space whales and the cuteness being emphasised over the grimdark despite each world being objectively at similar levels of grimdark.

>>48109476
Also people really need to stop misusing the word omnipotent, especially with regard to characters who've never appeared in a game.
>>
>>48109578
You are literally the only person who gets so autistic about the word omnipotent.
>>
>>48109502
Given how much CP I've invested in my Choir, and as much shit as they've followed me into, they're about as far removed from their mortal beginnings as is possible. They've had multiple different forms, and I've teased and tweaked their performance and appearance to suit their roles.

They're still separate and distinct, I tried to use their starting personalities as a guide for what they'd grow into, but they'd be all be unrecognizable to anyone who knew them when they left 40k.

The same could be said for many of my close companions, but the Choir always gets imported and is always by my side.
>>
>>48109578
It's not so much grimdark but just dark.
>>
>>48109541
Touhou with the No Spell Card Rules drawback.

Gensokyo goes from "fairly friendly, if you can dodge bullets you should be fine" to "barren wasteland full of powerful monsters that won't hesitate to kill you."
>>
File: Touhou was a mistake.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Touhou was a mistake.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>48109578
>I won't lie: I just don't understand Touhou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc8GNaED3Ok

Pray that you never do
>>
>>48109588
Sad thing is, I'm not. There's at least one other guy I've seen get up and up about it.

>>48109609
I dunno, seems more like the kind of grimdark where people who matter are happy and cheery and nobody cares because it's the people who don't who get preyed on by eldritch monsters in the dead of night for fear.
>>
File: 1424493601121.png (1 MB, 934x785) Image search: [Google]
1424493601121.png
1 MB, 934x785
>>48109525
>My perk allows you to be the prettiest thing you can imagine on a whim.
>But from the standpoint of you, IRL, it's a perk on a sheet or a document. I feel at that point it's a meta thing.
>mfw
Wait. So because people like to stack things and indulge in stuff, you feel it's meta, just because they like to keep track of everything on documents. ...I guess every single jumpchain player is completely wrong, then.

>If you then stack an appearance perk on that you become prettier that you can fathom and probably go insane upon seeing your reflection.
And this just feels like hyperbole, we have never seen anything like that ever happen in the show or the manga. How on Earth would a single 400CP perk somehow make you so beautiful that you beat out supernatural beings and gods? No, seriously. How. I need to know the logic behind this.
>>
>>48109695
>hyperbole
I think she means that if you are already as beautiful as you can fathom and then add more pretty perks, you are now more beautiful then you can fathom.
>>
>>48109695
Presumably they mean that you could (hypothetically) use psychology to determine the body which would maximally activate the brain's "this is an attractive person" areas and then give someone that body. Then stacking appearance perks on top of that would make someone more attractive than the brain is able to account for, because their body is as hot as possible and the perks force them to be even prettier than that.
>>
>>48109738
I think you're right and get what they're saying but it's not necessarily true that you'd go mad because you can't fathom something.
>>
>>48109502
Most of my Companions are pretty normal. Two Pokemon and two cyborgs are relatively standard as far as Companions go. However, the other two certainly fall under the definition of monster.

Seras (Hellsing, Full-Blooded version) is definitely a monster in body, but her mind isn't so far removed from the plucky Draculina she started as. Still, when she wants to rampage, there's going to be a ton of blood.

Tak (Invader Zim) has slowly become one as she's accumulated powers over the past Jumps. She favors anything to do with shape shifting, monster forms, and unusual powers. Mind you, she's still quite loyal to me, but I can't really stop her once she puts her mind to something.
>>
File: 1271479301851.jpg (64 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1271479301851.jpg
64 KB, 600x450
>>48109738
I don't doubt that it's a possibility, I'm doubting how a single 400CP perk can instantly throw you to the very pinnacle of beauty that risks your sanity when we have seen zero proof of that in the setting. A flesh-shaping perk to boot.
>>
>>48109761
>Seras
If it weren't for the fact that she has to share her psyche with that weirdo, she'd be pretty awesome.

Also, that pic looks mad comfy.
>>
File: SCP meets Flandre.jpg (381 KB, 1000x725) Image search: [Google]
SCP meets Flandre.jpg
381 KB, 1000x725
Jumpers!
Have you ever unleashed something from your travels to slaughter those completely unprepared for it?

How bloody was it?
>>
>>48109759
It's stupid lovecraft logic. In the real world, if you can't understand something you just don't. Your brain doesn't implode.
>>
>>48109695
>So because people like to stack things and indulge in stuff, you feel it's meta

Yes

>I guess every single jumpchain player is completely wrong, then.

No, it's a single player game after all, but accommodating that meta as a jump maker is a battle that you've already lost.

>And this just feels like hyperbole

Prettiest thing you can imagine + pretty = something that's prettier than you can imagine

Now I don't know about you but I've got a pretty vivid imagination. I'm not saying that if you just exceed my limitations that I'll go insane, but I think if you exceeded them enough I would. Maybe aesthetics is cyclical. Regardless, that level of aesthetic is sufficient for almost anything you need to do.
>>
>>48109797
Nothing stopping you from preventing the Pippening.
>>
>>48109759
>>48109772
No argument here, just saying what i thought she meant. I'm one of the ones asking for a basic appearance perk.
>>
>>48109810
>Using minions to do your dirty work
>>
>>48109819
Wouldn't it be like trying to see a color that's outside of what you're capable of perceiving? You don't go mad, you just don't see it.

So you wouldn't drive people insane, you'd just be stuck at "as pretty as you can imagine" as far as most people can tell.
>>
>>48109810
"Tabi. Lunch time."

For those of you who didn't follow Seven's chain, he had a Great Gray Wolf named Tabi. He developed a taste for wizard after eating several Death Eaters alive.
>>
>>48109819
You must be able to understand what a mistake making a badwrongfun argument is by now.
>>
>>48109855
People eating is wrong.
>>
>>48109840
They appreciate a chance to stretch, anon.
>>
>>48109883
wasting food is wrong.
>>
File: spagett.jpg (25 KB, 430x300) Image search: [Google]
spagett.jpg
25 KB, 430x300
>>48109883
>People eating is wrong.

Well boy do I have a series of images that'll upset you.
>>
>>48109267
Don't Dragons have a powerful Charisma as well?

And Changeling doesn't seem quite as good as the other 400 cp perks. You mention finesse, maybe you get more bang for your buck from spells? Or maybe you can utilize the fleshcrafting offensively?
>>
>>48109896
>>48109810
Flandre is a good girl.
>>
File: orange.jpg (34 KB, 480x552) Image search: [Google]
orange.jpg
34 KB, 480x552
>>48109883
>>48109929
>>
>>48109819
>badwrongfun
>>
>>48109089
I'm pretty sure "biomagy" is wrong, too, since you're mixing up languages there. Combining a Greek prefix and a Persian suffix, bad form. The most accurate would be "biourgy".
>>
File: flandre is innocent.png (767 KB, 700x950) Image search: [Google]
flandre is innocent.png
767 KB, 700x950
>>48109938
Yes she is.
>>
File: kitten.jpg (373 KB, 1200x905) Image search: [Google]
kitten.jpg
373 KB, 1200x905
>>48109810
Bloody? Why would it be bloody? I only make nice, cute, and fluffy things, like kittens. Look how harmless he is. Do you want one? I have too many and would be glad to share.
>>
File: 1387843218208.jpg (122 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1387843218208.jpg
122 KB, 640x480
>>48109963
...huh. You know what, you're right.

Thank you very much, anon.
>>
>>48109797
I tried to prevent that, I really did. But it seems like it was one of those things fated to happen. I prevented the siege of the house, only for Pip to catch a stray bullet during the street fighting and it happened anyways. I was greatly annoyed at that. But such is (un)life.

I suppose I could use some of the powers under my command to revert some of the changes to her psyche, but I'm really not sure I want to cross that line.

>>48109829
Valid point, but my rolls were not with me on that front.

>>48109810
I pretty much leveled Roanapur in Black Lagoon using Warhammer 40k weaponry and the Choir of Righteous Fury. There wasn't much anyone in that setting could do to fight back against power armor and that level of weaponry. Oh, Sofiya, I really regret I had to do that, but I had no choice in the matter.
>>
>>48109983
I hate that over shoulder machine gun design.
>>
>>48109854
Maybe
Or maybe witnessing it gives you access to forbidden knowledge

>>48109862
>>48109955
meta =/= badwrongfun all the time
Just accommodating it is exhausting.

>>48109937
Changeling is not a straight up power perk, but I think you can use it in really powerful ways if you use it cleverly.

As far as dragons being charismatic, I think that was a power unique to the Red Dragon Emperor.
>>
>>48109810
"Jibril?"
>"Hmm?"
"You about done with that one?"
>"A few pages. Why?"
"Well, when you're done I was wondering if you'd like to go out. There's a city that needs to go away and an adjacent hill with a great view. Thought you'd like to stretch you wings, show off a bit for me, and then we could grab a bite?"
>"Yay."
"It's a date then."

And that's how I deal with Pyongyang.
>>
>>48110010
You're spitting on people who like a certain playstyle because you think it's "meta". That's badwrongfun.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.