[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That Guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 1457285356197.png (474 KB, 427x583) Image search: [Google]
1457285356197.png
474 KB, 427x583
Share your stories.
>>
>>48110015
no.
>>
>>48110015
I wouldn't call Yorrik a That Guy.

Of all the advisors I found him the most level headed for all that we argued on some key issues. He was well meaning, of strong principles, possessed moral integrity and never seriously tried to weasel out of things.

The dwarves on the other hand were a different matter.
>>
>>48110407
Except Yorrik was never on the reasonable side of the issues he brought up, while being more level headed in other people's issues.
>>
>>48110450
This is true and I wonder if it was intentional.

It took me some time to figure out why undead support never dropped lower than 80 despite throwing out most of his suggestions.

Also undead bride in painted body is best queen.

Would go as far as to suggest that undead were most loyal allies.
>>
>>48110529
Possibly. Perhaps since he was the outsider on the other's issues he could use his noggin for them, but the issues he brought up usually concerned his love, passion and unlife: religion, at which point he threw logic out for his own emotions and world views.
>>
>>48110015
>>48110407
Where is this from?
>>
>>48110837
Divinity: Dragon Commander.
>>
>>48110966
Thank you
>>
>>48110837
Divinity: Dragon Commander.
>>
This game always interested me more for the strategic elements than the action or RTS parts, would it be possible to play effectively auto resolving those to focus on management?
>>
>>48110529
Fact of the matter is that his religious advisement was 100% correct and fully justifiable in the long run. Going against the gods gave you a very real debuff.
>>
>>48111396
Very possible.

During my play-through of it I went in to battle personally once, realized how terrible I was at it and never did so again.

You have generals for a reason.
>>
>>48111396
If you are willing to throw throngs of your troops down the well. In the RTS parts you can easily win fights deemed already lost based on the troops by sheer force of your dragon farts or bottle necking their big boys and using artillery to murder them.
>>
>>48111396
Plus you would miss the lovely grenadier quotes such as "Walking beer kegh reporting fer dooty"
>>
File: 1344827214995.png (350 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1344827214995.png
350 KB, 640x480
>>48110407
I found myself disagreeing with him on basically everything. Even when he was on my side of a debate, I didn't agree with his rationale.

One exception though; the Imp version of "here's a policy I'm only going to suggest because you got to 80% approval with us that everyone else will hate", the one that involved exhuming elf skeletons because apparently they're made of uranium. I was on the Imp's side through the counter arguments of "muh ancestors", "maybe we shouldn't make superexplosives in the middle of a war" and whatever terrible argument the Dwarf had, but Yorick pointing out that some of these guys would eventually get back up if left interred made me go against it.

I would happily play a game that abandoned the lackluster RTS elements and just focused on making interesting decisions in a fantasy setOH WAIT.
>>
File: palpalpa.jpg (23 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
palpalpa.jpg
23 KB, 400x250
>3.5
>evil campaign in Eberron
>friend is playing an Albino Drow (read: he wanted the stats but didn't want to be dark skinned)
>Campaign starts in a prison, none of us know each other yet
>I try to talk to his character to lubricate the inevitable partying-up processes
>His character completely ignores mine, he genuinely apologizes saying "Sorry that's just how my character is!"
>We're plucked out of prison by epic level vampires to do well paying work for them, he talks shit to their face all the while
>First person he kills is a character the DM designed to help and get along with him, because he thought she was "annoying"
>Cuts a smile into the face of everyone he kills
>Kills every interesting NPC that could have been an ally or party member
>A total, direspectful ass to everyone; party, ally, and enemy alike.
>DM has to let him get away with his antics because he doesn't want to have to do anything unfun to us, he just wants to keep the campaign going

(cont next post)
>>
>>48113245
>One character decided to play a gnome, this bothered thatguy because he hates small races because they're annoying.
>Character falls unconscious in combat while we're all fighting, thatguy immediately, aggressively suggests that the people fighting the gnome should coup de grace him because that's the only thing that would make sense.
>DM, who is a bit fatigued and was at this early phase of the game too receptive to our suggestions, went ahead and did it, even though it wasn't actually necessary. There are so many other ways it could have been handled, but thatguy just didn't like having a gnome around.
The weird part: Out of character these guys are really good friends and the gnome was played by a really, really nice guy.
>Nice dude's new character is a big, str-based tiefling based on Hellboy. Cool character
>He falls to some magical sleep effect, Joker decides to piss all over his unconscious body, giggling in and out of character
>That player was just kind of like "aww", but I could tell it was kind of humiliating to try and make this badass new character only to get literally pissed on by a fucking albino drow named "joker"
>When my character was trying to make a mutual agreement with an NPC (who dared to tease/banter with us, which Joker took as unforgivable disrespect) we met in a dungeon he goes over and kills her in the middle of our conversation
>Always talking shit to the party, fucking with them, doing shit that should get him killed
>We have to just let him get away with it to keep the campaign going, it just wasn't worth falling into interparty conflict
>>
>>48113317
>When I finally confronted him on it (well outside of game) he sheepishly told me and later everyone else that he can't help it because it's who his character is, and that we simply have to challenge him more in character.
>There really wasn't any way to challenge him in character, he was kind of contentious and it would have been a fight - in or out of character - and his character had such high AC at this point that he'd probably win the fight anyways,
>Campaign mosies along, we're showered with wealth because of how effective we were, and because of how impoverished we were last campaign (Midnight setting)
>Joker doesn't like working under anyone, so he decides to destroy the campaign.
>He just starts going about his plan and once it's already he started he asks us if we're okay ith it
>It's awkward to resist, we all go along with it.

The Twist: It was actually pretty cool. It's always fun to do something interesting and player-driven with the plot, the whole thing was really fun and memorable and it made for one of those good D&D stories worthy of it's own greentext. And the campaign actually improved after that. I felt bad about throwing the DM's elaborate storyline out the window for the sake of one vain character whim, but he actually handled it really well and the campaign improved in some ways after that.

>We understand better how to deal with Joker now
>He toned down the bullshit a little, especially with the newfound responsibility of running the ambitious criminal organization we had started
>Our new characters get along with him, we begin conquering the world
>Joker eventually fulfills his longtime wish of becoming a vampire, but doesn't have to deal with level adjustment.
>His AC is in the 40's now
>He realizes how bland the game gets when you reach a certain level of power, suggests we all start over, and we agree.
>>
File: long live.png (148 KB, 223x371) Image search: [Google]
long live.png
148 KB, 223x371
>>48113169
>>
>>48113408
A word on thatguy: I never would have known. He was a fairly normal/nice dude. He could be a dick at times, but so could I, and it wasn't to an unusual extent. I guess he just gets really callous and self absorbed when he's into something. He almost recognizes it himself that he's a thatguy... He admits that he can't help but gravitate towards the Chaotic Neutral murderhobo rogue-type character, and wants to try something different. I sympathize because I'm the exact same way with cheesy Chaotic Good "huzzah!" warrior type characters, to the point where I actually struggled to be evil in the evil campaign.

The current campaign:
>Also evil, also Eberron, takes place a few years after the events of the previous campaign
>We work for the criminal organization our previous characters made. Joker, and the other PC's, are now NPC's, controlled by the DM to be parodies of their former selves.
>Dm is stricter now, knows when to say no and when to tell us that our bullshit won't work
>Thatguy's new character is still a murderhobo, but also practical, chill, and sane, and we all get along
>He still tries to sublty suggest things to the DM for the way he wants something to go "the npc's are probably going to [react in way that would be to his advantage] because that's the only way it makes sense, so let's count on that happening, right party?" but it's not a big detriment to our experience and the campaign is good. All is happy, even though he still inevitably gets on my nerves at some point each session.
>>
>>48113465
Ah, the royal getting murdered simulator?
>>
File: aEhQik1.jpg (28 KB, 483x441) Image search: [Google]
aEhQik1.jpg
28 KB, 483x441
>>48110015
I once knew a guy who went to my college who was legitimately the worst M:tG player I have ever seen. He was also literally a retarded autist who stank of filth, but that's tangential:

>Only played with pre-made decks or decklists he got from top 10 tourney lists that he'd drop over $100 on
>Still lost
>Played the game for two years
>Still struggled to understand even basic mechanics (like the fucking mana economy)
>Played with card sleeves
>Still managed to get the actual fucking cards greasy
>Got assmad when I beat his tourneylisted deck with a store-bought constructed
>when he wasn't actually using any of his deck's comboes
>got EVEN MORE assmad when I started pointing out what he did wrong and how he could have beaten me several times
>Now refuses to play with me
>does this to every M:tG player at our university
>Literally saw him trying to rope people who had no idea what Magic even was into playing him so he could win.

Why are people like this allowed to exist?
>>
>>48113245
>(read: he wanted the stats but didn't want to be dark skinned)
good tastes
>>
>>48113595
I've heard it called the Sansa Stark Simulator. Also seems like you can get to be a badass magic queen if you pick the right options. No idea how you work those out without trial and error, though, which put me off it.
>>
File: PKThloP.png (122 KB, 349x320) Image search: [Google]
PKThloP.png
122 KB, 349x320
>>48110015
These threads never go anywhere, because you fuckers don't realize that you have to start a thread with your own fucking story to get other people to contribute stories. Otherwise you're just a beggar, and no-one here wants to pay into your shitty fucking story welfare fund
>>
>>48114144
>No idea how you work those out without trial and error, though, which put me off it.

You could read the let's play. Or use cheats. The way you normally learn is trial and error, that's the kind of game this is.
>>
>>48110407
Nah, the really great part of the game is that everyone is just as much of a caricature as the other, and they happen on reasonable arguments mostly by accident, with a few key exceptions.

Yorrick going into a meltdown when he hears about the fanatic, and Edmund's reaction to them were great, and the Imp general thanking you for refusing them to perform certain experiments was God Tier.

Also
Pragmatic Lohanna best girl
Not even waifuing; she's tied with camilla as the best diplomat, and she's much less of a bitch to boot.
>>
File: Trinculo Shortfuse.jpg (176 KB, 1662x730) Image search: [Google]
Trinculo Shortfuse.jpg
176 KB, 1662x730
>>48113169
>King of Dragon Pass

Looks good.
>>
allright here is my story (sorry for my english, im still learning)

>be me
>highschool
>there was a place in the school called "the wall"
>all the geek and nerds came to the wall to have a good time
>we were hated at the wall, all the highschool used to see us as virgins, beta, weeaboo fags

that weren´t true, indeed all the people at the wall were only like "true" nerds, geeks and gamers, even /b/tards, not the cancer ones (its funny because the cancer and retarded-run-like-naruto fags gathered at a place called by themselves "the counterwall") and for the virgin part, im not shitting, The wall had more sex than the entire higschool, however we didn´t get bothered by being called virgins and betas because that help us to keep undesired people away, anyways:

>not so long of get along with the wallerz, i meet that guy, lets call him Sam
>he was very "polite", i mean fedora-like polite
>also, he is selfish as fuck
>he claimed (and still does) that he started the "friki" movement in my city

in spanish, "friki" means someone who likes videogames, and the internet culture in general

>"Oh anon, so, you like D&D? nice, i started Dm´ing games in this city"
>"Before me, people didnt really play magic, i started all the MtG scene in the city"
>"You should come to my place, "the vice" im starting a new campaign"
>i shit you not"The vice", was a pretty shitty "anime store" with overpriced weeabo items and "gamer" shit
>literally, the local was filthy as fuck, it used to be a car workshop, oh and the place stank because the bathroom was out of water
>he had also consoles (like really old consoles that didnt work really)
>There has been like 4 or 5 diferent "the vice" locals because Sam didn´t get almost any money out of the store

i have plenty stories about Sam and the Vice, ill write in another post, pic related, thats "The wall" with some of the wallerz, im at the left of the guy with the hood, the love of my life is at my left, and at the right are more wallerz
>>
File: plane wrong.png (247 KB, 1240x1088) Image search: [Google]
plane wrong.png
247 KB, 1240x1088
>>48110015
>>
File: 1427655085558.gif (442 KB, 441x270) Image search: [Google]
1427655085558.gif
442 KB, 441x270
>>48115808
>Good /b/ not the cancer ones

>im not shitting, The wall had more sex than the entire higschool
>however we didn´t get bothered by being called virgins and betas because that help us to keep undesired people away
>more sex than entire highschool
>didn't mind being called virgins

This is horseshit you fucking liar
>>
>>48115808

>Sam invites me to The vice to make a character and play some D&D
>i never really played dungeons before so i accepted and went to the vice
>there has been like 4 or 5 "the vice" stores because sam didn´t get almost any money out of the store and
he wasn´t able to pay the local bills, he is still very proud of his local
>the vice, in that time was at the other side of the city, very far of the highscool where the wall was
>i really wanted to play dungeons so i still went to his place
>"oh hi Anon, im so glad you came, here take a sit"
>"Oh yes lets talk about how great i am and how cool is this place"
>not that literaly but basically that was the talk
>"uhm, hey sam, how about making my character"
>"Oh, sorry but i cant, making a character takes so much time and i dont have it im starting a d&d game in like30 min"
>Yes, he was serious, the very day he invited me to make a character he refused to help me make my chr because it
takes so much time

>some of the players of his campaign were wallerz and friends of mine, so i stayed in The vice waiting for them
>the game starts like 1 hour later, one fucking hour later
>this guy, Sam, the one who "started the d&d games in the city"
>the guy who "teached all the MtG players how to play the game"
>he was the worst fucking DM i ever met
>he got mad at the party because they took so much time buying weapons and supplies for the adventure
>they knew they needed those supplies for the kind of adventures Sam likes to put in the game
>"SERIOUSLY, YOU ARE GOING TO WASTE TIME IN BUYING THINgS, COME ON LETS GET TO THE ADVENTURE"
>literally, every single time the party went in another direction than the main quest he went full apeshit
>"REALLY? REALLY? REALLY YOU GUYS WANT TO FARM IN DUNGEONS AND DRAGOONS? I MEAN, ITS OK IN GAMES LIKE TIBIA OR WOW BUT YOU DONT WANT TO FARM IN DUNGEONS YOU GUYS CAN´T DO THAT"
pic related, more wallerz in the wall the guy in the center, in the back, he is Sam, im in the newspaper
>>
>>48116230
>All that homestuck shit
>Goth whore
>So many link hats
>Fedora
>Kingdom hearts fan
Which one were you faggot, I bet you were the that guy all along
>>
>>48116207

The wall was pretty big, and it existed for various generations, a lot of people passed by the wall and for the sex part im not meaning in a promiscuous way, i mean, in between us, and more often.
>>
>>48113169
So you gave the Imps access to Uranium because you disliked a dude.

Congratulations. Victory is irrelevant at this point as the sequel is going to be Fallout: Magical Desolation.
>>
File: 1461558095975.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461558095975.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
Okay so this is more of "That Girl" but I need to vent.

So my long time roleplaying group, which consists of my older brother and several of his friends who play weekly over Skype, recently got a new player.

It's the girlfriend of one of the guys who has been in the group the longest.

You can see where this is going.

While she's not -terrible- personality-wise, I've met her in person and she's alright. It's just that she does not understand Tabletop and RPing at all, and REFUSES to learn the system/lore of whatever we're playing. She's constantly having to be told what to roll even though it's been months and we only use on system for all our campaigns, it isn't that hard. She literally cannot into RPing, she just basically plays herself in the characters and will get mad at players for doing stuff in-character that negatively affects hers. Example: one friend started up his first campaign as GM in the group, an Exalted game. I was busy at the time and didn't get to join till later, and when my character was introduced the characters were engaged in combat with an enemy group. My character, who knows neither of the groups and has no reason to fight, sat it out and watched from the sideline. I was in character. She gets pissed and is constantly saying shit like "YOU CAN JOIN IN AT ANYTIME AND HELP YOU KNOW". Like jesus christ.

She also says shit like "I walk up to the guy and kill him". Not "I swing my blade at him" but just straight up says "I kill him".

Recently I started a new Werewolf: The Apocalypse campaign, and she wanted to join. But the thing is, she REFUSES to read any of the source material. She's a part of several of the other members' werewolf games but refuses to learn anything about it. So she's forced to make a character for my (note, HIGH-LEVEL) game, and she sends me a character with incorrect stats and a backstory that if you read it you wouldn't know it was a Garou character it was so bland.

The game started Sunday, and she didn't show.
>>
>>48116326
I'm so fucking ready
>>
>>48116298
>sex part im not meaning in a promiscuous way, i mean, in between us, and more often.
Like orgies? What the fuck are you saying anymore. I don't want to imagine the people from the images you've shown to us fucking, because they're all dorks and losers. You're just a fucking liar trying to make sure no one bullies you for being a fucking weine

The first part isn't really even a response to anything I've said at all besides that maybe you mean there's a lot of fucking liars and you're one of them.
>>
>>48116389
Shit, forgot image
>>
>>48116381
Oh, and when I told her to flesh out her Garou's backstory some she got whiny and bitchy and was making snarky remarks like "he wants me to fill out the character's whole family tree or something" to the others. No bitch, I just want you to actually show some interest in your goddamn character's backstory and the lore of the world you're playing in.
>>
>>48116230
>>"REALLY? REALLY? REALLY YOU GUYS WANT TO FARM IN DUNGEONS AND DRAGOONS? I MEAN, ITS OK IN GAMES LIKE TIBIA OR WOW BUT YOU DONT WANT TO FARM IN DUNGEONS YOU GUYS CAN´T DO THAT"
He was right though.
>>
>>48116230
cont

>every time the party went in another direction, the guy put a giant ass monster in the way so they had no more option than going the Sam way
>"You see guys, if i told you to get to somewhere, you need to follow this way"
>"im helping you guys"
>fuck him

>eventually join a new campaing, he was the DM, again, he refused to approve my character because i didnt write the right parameters
>im not talking about the dice rolls, im talking about role elements like height and weight, age and that shit
>i cant remember the name, but i made a halfling (i really wanted to play as an elf rogue, but sam didnt let me make a rogue if it where not a fucking halfling)
>my halfling where 4,20 feet tall and 69 pounds in weight
>"no anon, you cant put those numbers, you have to be serious about this"
>now i know why "it takes so long to make a character" if he dont like it, he doesnt let you play

>>48116293
im this faggot
about the link hats and the homestuck shits, it was a "costume day" at the school it was the "cultural week" so we had to bring a costume to the school, we didn´t assist to class dressed like that
>>
>>48116406
well, maybe i exagerated that, what i wanted to say is that we had more stable and healthy relationships.
>>
>>48115808
>>48116230
Your english isn't that bad. Keep working on it and you'll be fine. Also, i was kind of expecting sam to be a land whale.
>>
>>48116326
I think he was saying Yorick made a good point for once and he decided against digging them up.
>>
>>48113245
>First person he kills is a character the DM designed to help and get along with him, because he thought she was "annoying"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3J8FYKZ52w
>>
>>48116723
thanks anon

here is another one.

>i meet this girl online, Jeraous is her name
>she´s pretty cool we have so much in common and get along pretty well
>we become great friends
>one night talk about her shitty ex bf
>we switch to shitty people in general
>i mentioned sam
>turns out jeraous knows him
>jeraous used to be his friend
>Sam was only her friend because he was in love with Jeraous friend Lara
>Lara just rejected Sam over and over
>Sam becames a fedoraless white knight after that
>anyways one day he wents to Jeraous place crying
>"what i it, its about Lara?"
>"No, listen its something serious, i dont have anyone to talk with, its a girl Jeraous i saw her die!"
>"really?"
>"YES! i saw her passing by and a minute later i heard a scream i ran to the place and i saw her in the floor bleeding to death"
>he has shocked, and shaking uncontrollably
>i said "well, i didn´t knew Sam feel empathy for someone besides Lara, good to know there is some kind of humanity in him
>"no anon, he was crying because he couldn´t be a hero and save her"
>>
>>48113408
So basically you let this assclown kill party members, act like an asshole and piss on your character and you did nothing because you didn't want to confront him.

Goddammit man, he was literally asking you to stop him; grow a spine next time and fight back!
>>
>>48115808
Now, when you say the love of your life is on your left, do you mean the terrorist-looking guy in the blue hoodie, or Moby Dicks dranddaughter a bit behind you?

Or did you mean in the direction where your left hand is, when you said "on my left"?

If so, which one? Glasses, mustache-girl, or the one eating a fucking rose?
>>
File: you.jpg (34 KB, 490x333) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
34 KB, 490x333
>>48116406
>>
>>48116533
I can see why you fuckers were bullied.
>>
File: 1457957246242.jpg (42 KB, 675x595) Image search: [Google]
1457957246242.jpg
42 KB, 675x595
Recent That DM story

>playing a NE wizard
>everyone is a weak imbecile compared to me type of character
>DM says he doesn't like my character
>says his campaign has ''moral consequences for evil acts''
>says that I have to have a moral tie to society or something
>says how about my character has a family and he wants to help them somehow
>literally trying to change my backstory
>tell him that he didn't do this for any of the other players so he can't do it for me
>he let's me play my character
>already feeling he has it out for me
>party is in forest
>after we leave it I burn it down because we almost got lost and I don't want to get lost again on the way back
>DM gets mad
>says druids come out as I am burning it and attack me even though we didn't run into any druids while in the forest
>We were low level and the party left me there, refusing to fight with me
>die
>mfw

You guys ever have DM's that just make shit up cause they don't like your character?
>>
>>48117419
You were the asshole there. Obviously, the DM wanted a good/neutral campaign, and there you went with your Twisted Fire-starter get it? Donte the Dark Evilreaper McEdge.

Also
>tell him that he didn't do this for any of the other players so he can't do it for me
This shit right here is where you get kicked from my campaign, if I was running it.
>>
>>48116326
>Fallout: Magical Desolation
Isn't that just shin megami tensei ?
>>
>>48117419
>low-level party
>detecting druids in a forest
>>
>>48113245
>>His character completely ignores mine, he genuinely apologizes saying "Sorry that's just how my character is!"

I have a player in my group that always plays a character like that. He's always such a pain in the ass to play with.
>>
>>48117468
>You were the asshole there

Always one right?
>>
>>48117419
Why the hell wouldn't your party leave you to death if your character was being an ass?
>>
File: 1461552856125.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1461552856125.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>>48117468
>This shit right here is where you get kicked from my campaign, if I was running it.

So players rejecting your attempts at changing a character's backstory for them is cause for being booted out? Fuck you, guy. The anon that posted the story may be That Guy for pulling lolrandumb shit like burning down a forest because he got lost, sure, but if you're so inept that you can't just talk to your players and see if there are other ideas that they might like to explore then you shouldn't be a DM.
>>
>>48117419
>burnt down a forrest because you got lost
>druids wreck your shit

Yeah, sounds about right. I'd have left you to die too, dude. That's just kinda dumb and pointlessly destructive.
>>
>>48114388

I agree. I picked her because my support with the elves was in the shitter. Proceeded to have her abandon elf culture; I imagine the elf ambassador must have been clacking his teeth every day.
>>
>>48117468
>>48117419

there should never be a "this morality" type of campaign. that's something for the players to decide, not the DM. if the DM approves the characters then fuck him, he has to deal with them.
>>
bunp
>>
>>48113245
>Albino Drow (read: he wanted the stats but didn't want to be dark skinned)
Well that's fair

>>48113317
>named "joker"
And now he's just mindlessly aping comic book character in the most dumbass edgelord fashion.

>We have to just let him get away with it to keep the campaign going, it just wasn't worth falling into interparty conflict
>>48113408
>It's awkward to resist, we all go along with it.
You goddamn spineless twats. Seriously.

Yeah, the GM is amazing in that he salvaged the self-centered asshole's idea into working plot, but just daum you guys.
>>
>>48117419
>>says his campaign has ''moral consequences for evil acts''
>>says that I have to have a moral tie to society or something
This is a pretty legitimate precaution when somebody tries to have Evil character in a standard good-leaning game.

>after we leave it I burn it down because we almost got lost and I don't want to get lost again on the way back
Aaaand there we go.

>>48118346
>So players rejecting your attempts at changing a character's backstory for them is cause for being booted out?
Yep. Because the original backstory (or more likely a total absence of one) is shit and is already being rejected and the GM is throwing him a lifeline. If he refuses the helping hand, he gets the kicking boot.

>you can't just talk to your players and see if there are other ideas that they might like to explore then you shouldn't be a DM.
Except he WAS talking to the player and seeing if he had any ideas on how to make character that isn't a mindless murderhobo.
>>
>>48115808
Take it from me anon no woman you will find that fucking young is the love of your life.
It's called college. Go to it first. Slam a few dozen chick's. Then you find love
>>
>>48117419
I love it when that guy posts un ironically on these threads just to be told that "no, your the that guy". Too funny
>>
>>48117419
I'll take things that never happened for 500 Alex.
>>
>>48117333
That is some shitty ass jpeg compression, jesus christ
>>
>>48111396
I found my playstyle (sending the basic units in waves to grind down/tie up the enemy, and get massacred) until I either got enough good units to make a decisive push or the wave managed to grind down the enemy) to fit the general theme of "war is pretty bad my man" the game had.
Made the RTS aspect more enjoyable, especially once I got gas and massed artillery so I could make fantasy WW1
>>
>>48116533
All your friends are incredibly ugly, you sound like a retard, ironically the DM sounds better than you do
>>
>that guy who was a normal guy not popular or unpopular but still got picked last even behind the fatty
>that guy was me
>>
>>48115808
>in spanish, "friki" means someone who likes videogames, and the internet culture in general

No, "friki" is a rough translation of "freak", and is meant as anyone strange, geeky or nerdy, more nerdy actually. Seeing how the whole fucking world is on the internet nowadays I wouldn't, by far, say that frikis are people that like either videogames nor the internet culture, but more like people on /tg/.
>>
File: 1432000226158.jpg (25 KB, 192x255) Image search: [Google]
1432000226158.jpg
25 KB, 192x255
>>48116160
oh fuck not this again
>>
None of my That Guy stories are particularly interesting.

Played with a DM once who insisted on bringing a DMPC into the game who was massively overleveled and was always trying to force the party onto the railroad, killing anyone who even got close to resisting.
Unsurprisingly, that campaign only lasted for one session.
Later learned that he always plays grumpy kill-your-own-party-at-the-drop-of-a-hat characters as a player.
>>
Am I that guy because I hate manlet races?
>>
>>48113559
>>48113408
>>48113317
>>48113245
Evil campaigns: Not even once.
>>
>>48123965
Evil 1 or 2 shots are fine imo
Whenever my campaigns finish I let another guy run an evil one for a few sessions while I think of something
>>
>>48123936
Oh look, it's that autist that thinks height matters
>>
>>48116533
Huh. Sam sound like a shitty Dm.
>>
>>48123936

Wrong board, /fit/izen
>>
File: tumblr_n1ov17yPMD1tp3gf2o1_500.gif (645 KB, 500x580) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1ov17yPMD1tp3gf2o1_500.gif
645 KB, 500x580
>>48110015
This happened last night.

Visited a friend for a barbecue and decided to play DC Deckbuilder by cryptozoic. Fine, game was much better than street fighter and characters actually feel unique.

But That Girl starts bitching and whining up a storm about how people bought stuff before she did, the First Appearance attacks kept upsetting her plans, and how it wasn't fun and the game was stupid. This was while she wasn't distracted with candy crush or outright trying to skip my turn because "I have this cool combo to buy the thing". Even says, "I'm not going to block anon by buying this critical card because I am not an asshole."

Like isn't that the point of a deckbuilder?

Took the fun out of winning and the difference in points between me and the last placer was six points.

We play again because I don't know brain damage. She's stomping us down...

Not a single negative peep heard all game. None. She's fine. She's attentive. Host even makes fun and is like "This game sucks, boo, we should play something else. I should play candy crush."

That Girl even takes the time out to explain why she's doing the moves she does or what abilities are oh so good.

She wins, with the difference in points being like 45 to a second place 31.

Host calls her out like "Oh so now you're having fun right? We've only been saying you're winning since turn like five."

Her response, "Well, I didn't know I was winning. I thought I only got two of the major point cards."

I get social responsibilities to take part in things as I host so I don't blame the host and she was my ride since my car's dead. But dammit, woman!
>>
>>48114204
I agree with you to an extent but you're proven mostly wrong by the fact that your post is preceded by many decent that guy stories.
>>
>>48115808
You're quite handsome and your girl is cute. Your stories are off to a great start! Can't wait to hear more.
>>
>>48113408
>i have no balls: the story
this made me cringe, your group is absolutely pathetic, you just let this assbutt do his crap without any consequence whatsoever
>>
>>48116160
Fucking hilarious. This is the kind of story I love right here.
>>
>>48117419
This is probably the best troll post I've seen in a while
>>
>>48116230
That thick girl with the blonde hair does thing to my penis.
>>
>>48124068
It does. The amount of virgins on this site is staggering. Also, tons of people get offended here if you imply manlets are less than real men (which they literally are). This isn't a coincidence. They can't get laid because they're manlets. The real men that make fun of manlets (at least 5 foot 11. Maybe 5'10" if you're really attractive) don't have problems in the lady department. If this wasn't true manlets wouldn't get offended at being called out. You can't say anything about a tall guy's height to make them feel bad. That alone proves my point. But hey, there are always fat chicks. If you fail at that you could always join the beta manlets in r9k.
>>
>>48125774
It's just like how only guys with small dicks say "size doesn't matter" in reference to their junk. Like microdicks manlets are a joke to both women and real men.
>>
File: tumblr_lvhrn3v8V31ql3h6t.png (319 KB, 480x461) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvhrn3v8V31ql3h6t.png
319 KB, 480x461
>>48125559
>Thick
>Fat face
>Huge gut with no good hip to waist ratio
>>
>>48126010
Yeah I don't know why I like her. Sometimes I'm randomly attracted to girls for reasons I can't explain even though I'm normally picky and can tell you every individual feature of a girl I'm attracted to.
>>
>>48126010
Nice Tumblr pic fag. Liking fatties is better than liking Tumblr.
>>
>>48110015

>Regardless of system played, he has to get EVERY SINGLE ITEM in the equipment list, because we "might need it later"
>Will actively do this in games that have and DMs that enforce encumbrance limits, slowing the party to a crawl.
>Will never want to shell out for something like a pack animal, because "They always get eaten or stolen".
>So unless you have some bag of holding like system, he's a literal drag on the party, again regardless of system, because he cannot into carry limits.
>Then, whenever trouble rears its head, when there's some puzzle to be solved, he will pore over his inventory sheets
>Hey, the rest of us have already figured out how to get over the lava pit or whatever
>No, no, I'm sure I have something here that can help. Maybe if I combined the long pole with the grease slick we can mumble mumble mumble.
>Then, ten or so minutes later when he's finished with his perusal, he asks what ideas we have, and usually there's already a full plan.
>Then he whines how he never gets any input.

I keep asking the GM to boot him, but he won't because he's not actively disruptive, just kind of dim.
>>
>>48110407
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a
thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it.
>>
>>48113595
Whats it's name?
>>
>>48126490
I've never seen one before, no one has, but I Believe it's a white hole
>>
>>48126490
Long Live the Queen
>>
>>48126803
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWN8AhNER0
>>
>>48113408
This is all your fault. You're worried about offending him. Put of character he literally asked you to fight back, in character he's the kind of person who's more offended by weakness, which you displayed by letting him do whatever, and the player LITERALLY TOLD YOU THIS.

I'm surprised your friend isn't here complaining about how "that guy" can't deal with conflict in a fucking conflict based game.
>>
>>48117098
Umm... What? He didn't killl any party members, he didn't piss on my character, and I did confront him. That's why he stopped.
>>
File: spotted.png (41 KB, 207x201) Image search: [Google]
spotted.png
41 KB, 207x201
>Only plays late-teen girls who want to have sex with everything that moves
>Games the system as hard as possible
>Gets aggressive and defensive when people ask him to tone it down
>"Lol you're just mad because sex-talk makes you uncomfortable"
>Has a buttbuddy GM that enables him 100% every time
>>
>>48118728
Not to mention hard. Starting a forest fire isn't just fireball ing a tree and hoping it spreads, unless there's a rare extreme drought there's enough ambient moisture in a forest to shut down fires.

He'd either need a dry season or literally months of preparation to pull that with standard fire magic.
>>
>>48117006
>crying because he couldn't be a hero and save her

I'm trying to imagine a thought process behind this. Did he call 911? Think this story needs some elaboration.
>>
>>48127188
No.
If he's the type to do bullshit like this, why would his word? Do you identify with him or something?

He said we just had to confront him in game, but that was bullshit. He was a dick anytime he was defied or confronted in game. He said we just had to confront him because he was trying to excuse himself a little, to avoid having to admit that he was just an asshole.

What's more is that I already had tried this, that's how I know he was full of shit. I literally kicked his character in the ass for doing something shitty. The thing was that this character was very well established as the "type" to kill someone for looking at him the wrong way, to not fight me was metagaming. But he didn't, and he was visibly unhappy, as he was any time he was ever confronted or defied.

>I'm surprised your friend isn't here complaining about how "that guy" can't deal with conflict in a fucking conflict based game.
Are you actually retarded?
I literally explained that I confronted him and it stopped. We had like a twenty minute conversation about it and he felt really bad, and then he stopped. His character was still an obnoxious murderhobo but he got along with every party character (we went through like five) perfectly after that.

And again, the only reason we put up with it was because it was only mildly annoying once every other session, and because we were all good friends trying to have fun. The only time I remember getting actually angry with him was for rolling an intimidate check on me and I failed the save. He was like "lol you're scared of me now" and I'm like "the fuck I am" and continued as if it didn't happen. And since I was visibly annoyed no one said anything and let it slide. You know why? Because we're all good friends trying to have fun.

Why kids on 4chan are such obsessive contrarians, I'm not quite sure, but it's sad how much it's bled into into /tg/.
>>
>>48127552

> Why kids on 4chan are such obsessive contrarians, I'm not quite sure, but it's sad how much it's bled into into /tg/.

Jesus christ you don't actually know what 4chan is.
>>
>>48127620
I see what you did there.
>>
>>48127620
>Jesus christ you don't actually know what 4chan is.
Are they not obsessive contrarians or did you misread that comment?
>>
>>48127664
No you didn't.
>>
>>48127664
>>48127671
Fuck I'm stupid. I'm so used to duking it out with 4chan over everything that I fell for it
>>
>>48127671
Oh, we totally are. The act of complaining about it threw me.
>>
Here's one.

How do you run a game where there's a blatant and clear division in players. They simply do not like each other OOC'ly.

One of my friends decided to take a leaf out of my book and run a game. That's good. The intention? To bring together all his high school friends. Oh no.

Long story short, there's a lot of bitterness between everyone. There's token efforts to co-operate, but the moment somebody makes a mistake, everyone piles on them like a cunt.

The sole reason I go is because I like this guy, despite thinking that he's wasting his time trying to pander to a majority jealous, bluecollar fuckwits who have nothing to do with each other out of game and in game can't help but vent their RL frustrations against each other. It's a shit state of affairs.
>>
>>48127830
The ship has sunk, abandon it
>>
>>48116406
In my high school it was the band kids, the girls specifically, who were known as being whores. I don't see how a bunch of nerds fucking nerds is all that strange.
>>
Since I've only played with newbies, including me, no one really knew how to properly play or DM so it always fell on me to read the rules and make campaigns for us group of friends. The guy who bought the books and got us started was present in every group the two of us managed to get together. You'd imagine him being a serious player considering that he was the one that got us all into gaming, but no.

He always played the same character in every game. A metagaming, dumb, emotionless jock of a hoarder that didn't get along with any other character. He never cared much about continuing the adventure and would sometimes act against the other players just for the sake of slowing down the progress.

As a DM I tried punishing him several times but it never amounted to anything. Either he didn't care and just found another way to continue his antics, or it would become too boring for all of us if he always ended up in an empty jail cell.
During one session every time I tried to punish him for his actions one of the other players got all of the punishment while the dumb jock walked free. We thought it was hilarious though.

He didn't care about consequences one bit. If he needed something from a store and it was closed, he simply picked up his axe and started chopping down the door, even if it was in broad daylight with citizen and guards patroling the streets.

If they had to pass a room full of undead he didn't bother with trying to think up a tactic or an alternate route. He simply opened the door and started chopping by himself. Due to lucky rolls he was the only one who walked away unharmed from that encounter. Another player lost both his arms...

When another player was hanging from a tower with a rope he simply cut the rope for no reason. I didn't allow it though.

Despite him making it near impossible to DM we all thought it was hilarious, mostly because his characters should have died a dozen times over but he always came out on top despite not trying to.
>>
File: 1398978241459.jpg (99 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
1398978241459.jpg
99 KB, 407x407
>>48114388
>Calling Camila a bitch
Them's fightin' words
>>
>>48128393
You know it's true, anon.
It doesn't matter that you can dragon dick her into mellowing out.
>>
>>48116748
Yep. Otherwise I'm in favour of imp policies in general. Uranium isn't bad. Explosions are only bad when they're not made by my armies. And my armies aren't bad by definition, because I'm king. I personally believe in democracy, but fuck implementing it when I am both king and dragon.

That entire system is so pointless. You can safely ignore all of the decisions, and the most popular policy will be adopted by default, which is always to your benefit. But if you play the game like that, then you have to hand in your /tg/ pass, because you're in the wrong place.
>>
>>48129652
I trust you didn't ignore the coin
>>
>>48129839
You mean this coin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfBN3jLzT1Y

Afraid I had to go against that coin. "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", or to put it more accurately, "Fuck your coin, I want the tabloids on my side for once".
>>
>guy plays one game with a normal character
>eventually decides he wants to try a different character
>reads GitP and Minmaxboards nonstop
>builds high-op characters (read: 5 or 6 classes multiclass) and when asked to explain how the character wound up like that uses "that's just how they are, they're doing what they do"
>hates starting at low levels "because its boring"
>won't play a single class character because low power = low fun
>wont touch fighter because it doesn't have cheese
>plays the same basic character types over and over because they're OP (read: one shot everything the class, or diplo/intimidate your way through everything with bullshit 60+ rolls at level 8)
>is a roll-player
>tries to win 24/7
>gets mad when things don't go the way they want (ie got ambushed and literally stood up and threatened to walk from the game)
>expects characters to be treated special
>passive aggressive as FUCK
>acts like a tough-guy when shit gets called out
>complains and wonders why the fuck I don't want to ever DM for that fucking autist again
>doesn't take a fucking hint when I flat out tell him he's a "that guy" and he should fucking kill himself

Meanwhile I'm running another game with four lads and a lady and we're having a magnificent time, no problems with that group yet. Thatguyfaggot wanted to join but I told him no, so he got mad and showed up one night and interrupted the game to try to force himself in. One of the players felt bad and asked if he could join, I told him to look at thatguy's character sheet. And by sheet, I really meant that nine-page monstrosity with a fully-roadmapped min-maxed to fuck belt of battle celerity white raven tactics "got all my gear and levels in order" piece of shit. Needless to say, that guy didn't get to play. Fuck him.
>>
>>48121606
>Well that's fair

Just wanted to say I liked the joke, Anon.
>>
>be fighter
>in party with paladinbro, lolrandum rogue, CHAOS wizard, and stupid bard
>party goes to down to restock in between adventures
>rogue, wizard and bard decide to take off while paladin and I go to find inn and get lodgings for party
>team CHAOTIX (the rogue bard and wizard) decide to test their luck at spooking the populace
>wizard conjures up illusionary monsters to scare people in market district while bard uses magic to make them sound real and rogue steals shit in the chaos
word reaches the inn and paladinbro and I go to fight off the monsters
>discover it's the chaotix and put an end to their shenanigans, causing them to disperse
>local villager woman complains that a valuable brooch was stolen during the event
>meanwhile rogue is pawning off said brooch across town
>paladinbro decides to do some investigating to see if anyone saw what happened, while the rest of us head back to inn
>paladinbro speaks with pretty much EVERYONE in the town and eventually discovers that the brooch was sold by none other than klepto rogue
>paladin returns to inn and questions the rogue, beats rogue's bluff by a huge amount and knows he's full of shit
>rogue gets forced to go buy the brooch back (taking a small gold hit) and give it to the woman
>rogue buys the brooch and paladin heads back to the inn
>rogue goes to woman's house and when she opens the door to see who it is forces his way in and keeps her at knife point
>proceeds to "have his way" with her then cuts her throat, scrawls "whore" into her chest with his blade and impales her in the skull with his dagger
>he hears a sound and quickly rushes off, leaving his knife behind in the process
>tosses the brooch off in some bush somewhere just incase paladinbro tries to shake him down
>later that night, town guard comes and wakes up paladinbro and informs him of a murder

(cont)
>>
>>48130468

>paladinbro surveys the scene and finds dude's dagger impaled in woman, it's distinct as it's his personalized weapon (had special cloth on handles and runes inscribed into it)
>paladinbro takes the dagger and returns back to the inn
>he taps on rogue's shoulder and when rogue goes to look he punches him in the face
>he stabs the dagger into the counter next to the rogue and tells him he knows what he did, and that the rogue's gonna have to pay out of pocket to fix the damage (demanding he pay to get her rezzed)
>rogue grabs the dagger and slashes at paladinbro, cutting him across the cheek
>paladinbro leaps back and draws his weapon, warns the rogue that if he's going to fight justice and good then paladinbro won't have any choice but to put him down
>rogue rushes and stabs, paladin nat 20 crits and decapitates the rogue in one solid blow
>rogue player starts screaming at the table telling the DM that the paladin just fell for killing a good guy
>gets mad when he gets corrected
>paladinbro motions to sell the rogue's gear to get the woman raised, and then ponies up the difference from what was left over to get rogue's character raised too
>rogue player goes apeshit when the paladin knocks him out and turns him over to the town guard when he tries to rush the paladin immediately upon waking up
>rogue player winds up literally flipping the table and knocking a bookshelf over when he's told to get the fuck out

two years later the rest of us are still playing together and are having a good time.
>>
>>48128088
A lot of people on 4chan are grown ass adults that somehow can't get laid and get angry if anyone else mentioned that they've had or, in especially pathetic circumstances, convinces themselves that these other people are lying to seem cooler on an anonymous board, telling themselves that everyone on 4chan is a permavirgin. It is sad but also hilarious.
>>
>>48130516
Sorry for the typos. Using a really obnoxious touch screen.
>>
>>48130468
>>48130482
>rogue goes to woman's house and when she opens the door to see who it is forces his way in and keeps her at knife point
>proceeds to "have his way" with her then cuts her throat, scrawls "whore" into her chest with his blade and impales her in the skull with his dagger
This doesn't sound "lolrandom."
>>
>>48130556
It's more like "purgewithfire" to me.
>>
>>48130041
I loved the fact that the Gods literally hate democracy
>>
>>48112218
If you git gud the displeasure of the gods is meaningless

no gods, no demons, only dragon emperors now.
>>
>>48130053
>butthurt scrub rants about someone playing the game better than he does
>that guy isn't even playing well, multiclassing is shit
>>
>>48112581
How do you even do anything? I was immediately destroyed in the first battle every single time I've tried.
>>
>>48130742
Rush for resource points, burninate enemy starting forces, get whatever production buildings you need and then spam your unit of choice until the problem goes away
>>
>>48128733
>You know it's true, anon.
Honestly I don't. I would consider myself I lucky man if I could win her heart
>>
>>48130775
But everything I have was steamrolled within one minute by the first enemy attack.
>>
>>48131598
Then either get that mouse hand ready and burninate the shit out of all you see, or prepare stacks in advance.
Usually, you can pull off a win as long as you can survive the first onslaught

Remember that you can use Unit commands while in dragon form, which helps tremendously when getting hit by AA fire.
>>
>>48131640
I've never been in dragon form, because I got wrecked long before that ability had a chance to charge up.
>>
>>48113559
all's well that ends well I guess. Usually it doesn't end this well though. Murderhobo's are pretty much designed to be murdered man, try that next time.
>>
File: 1400031619170.jpg (35 KB, 426x480) Image search: [Google]
1400031619170.jpg
35 KB, 426x480
I have a few guys in my group and they are all good players.

Guess I must be playing with the wrong guys :/
>>
>>48122143
There are no $500 dollar answers on Jeopardy!
>>
>>48113465

fuck off.
>>
>>48131710
Sounds like you're severely under prepared then, or punching above your weight in the difficulty.

I always put it on Casual, because I find the politics vastly more interesting and the RTS the bit that drags it down
>>
>>48131819
>the RTS the bit that drags it down
Just spam Zeppelins an let your generals do the work
>>
>>48131819
I did try the highest difficulty, but I can't help but feel that the game (especially the first level) should still be possible to win.
>>
>>48117469
and it's great.
>>
>>48125774
ahahahaha, wow.
>>
>plays a special snowflake race and class
>"actually its a monster from this 3.5 splatbook that i converted to 5e"
>wasnt DMing at the time, i wouldve swatted that shit
>surprised and irritated when everything hates him on sight
>tell him that he should be grateful no one is trying to kill him because a FUCKING HORRIFYING CREATURE THAT NORMALLY ENSLAVES HUMANS ENTERED THE TOWN
>plays a dick ass thief
>gets mad at me when i tell him his punishments will be more severe
>>
>>48130726
>powergaming isn't fun in a hobby that focuses on narrative

>lol scrublord gitgud

kill yourself.
>>
I wonder who in Dragon Commander would qualify as the top That Guy.
Or This Guy, for that matter.
>>
>>48116381
>The game started Sunday, and she didn't show.
Sounds like you dodged a bullet. I don't even get how someone can miss a game over Skype, but whatever..

Dude, if you don't want this chick in your group... You can just not have her as part of the group. There's only so much you can do about the other games, but if you're running a campaign you can add in and boot whomever you choose, within reason.

To avoid a dramasplosion though, I'd ask her, politely, to go back over the character and correct the mistakes, and even offer to help out with making her background more fleshed out. During games, ask her for more details when she blandly describes actions or puts minimal RP effort into the game.

If she fixes her shit, awesome! But if she's as crazy as you say, then she'll get bitchy and you're well within your social rights to remove her from the group. It pretty much sounds like she just wants to spend more time with her boyfriend and would be more comfortable with a video game that's less numbers/RP intense than tabletop.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 736x914) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 736x914
That guy thread
>that guy who plays as a horse so he can"solve elegent equine equations while sporting an enourmous equine erection

I hate my fucking gaming group
>>
>>48134228
I love your group.

please make threats relating to glue to that horse.
>>
>>48134269
I will
>>
File: MFW.gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
MFW.gif
3 MB, 390x357
While he's not very bad, I do have a player who kinda qualifies as our party's that guy.

>Runs his own campaign that we also play, same people in that game.
>Extremely strict GM who makes very harsh encounters.
>Sometimes players quietly discussing how painfully unfair or grueling his encounters are.
>When asked what he thinks of the balance he goes on about how actions have consequences and he won't give us any breaks.
>Wouldn't be so irritating if he didn't seem so goddamn pleased with himself, when PCs are on death's door he's literally laughing his ass off over Skype because he thinks is really funny watching us freak out as our characters hang on a knife edge.

The real problems are in the campaigns he plays.

>In the campaign I GM.
>Makes a 'crazy random' character who may as well have a random action generator instead of a brain.
>Has taken actions which directly undermine the rest of the party because 'it's what my character would do'.
>Like randomly murder an important suspect and destroy all evidence rather than capture them or follow them.
>Proceeds to protest and whine when his character is punished for his actions, keeps trying to get me to waive the consequences.

In another campaign we both play in.
>Makes an emotionally damaged character with 'deep, dark backstory' who was abused all his life and is now extremely jaded and repressed.
>Try talking to character repeatedly, engage in character development and roleplay.
>Character responds with blank, simple reactions and refuses all attempts at friendship or socialization.
>Player starts complaining nobody wants to play with his character.
>Try again to engage with character in a meaningful way at a time it would have impact.
>Again brushed off and ignored in character.
>Realize he has no intention of ever having the character develop or change in any way and I may as well be talking to a post.
>>
I've only really played with one that guy.
>Begin 5e OotA
>That guy is the TTRPG equivalent of an Altoholic
>He develops intricate backstories that are only slightly edgy at worst
>Each has different personality
>That guy ends up playing them as front-line fighters
>Including the scrawny casters he made
>After 8 sessions, that guy has cycled through 4 different characters
>1st died in the second session
>2nd died, was resurrected, and eventually given given to another player (who played it significantly better)
>3rd died in it's introductory event
>4th was where the horrors begin
>Barbarian murderhobo
>Tried to go off and do his own thing every time
>Went from CG to LE over the course of about 5 sessions
>Went from drunk fool to a literal (edge) lord (with the name, title, real-estate, etc.)
>After that guy got bored with his 4th character, he gave up the campaign to make his own
>4th character turned into NPC that literally betrayed the party; he died spectacularly

Now, the morally ambiguous part is where I become a that guy in the campaign that guy was DMing.

>Cont.
>>
>>48135285
>That guy begins 5e CoS
>I join
>LN Mountain dwarf transmutation wizard whose 3rd highest stat is int
>Make said wizard primarily focused on money making
>That guy DM's very pedantically, struggles to deal with obnoxious that guy jr. until that guy jr. leaves the campaign
>Eventually get to death house
>I find myself making my character more obnoxious
>Decide to become that guy to annoy that guy DM
>Exit death house, DM puts BBEG outside to taunt us
>My wizard tries to make a deal with BBEG to enter a business partnership
>That guy DM is too wimpy to just kill my character, so BBEG keeps shooting lightning at my character
>That guy DM gets fed up and has BBEG take my character's stuff
>Money is gone
>Character becomes obsessed with killing himself and tries to use crossbow to headshot himself
>DM doesn't want my character to die for some reason
>rest of the session is spent trying to stop him from suiciding, with both that guy DM and party trying
>Insanity ensues; character is eventually knocked out from jumping off of a building

After that session, that guy DM confessed that my actions convinced him how horrible it was to play with a that guy. Strangely enough, we did resolve the issue and redo the entirety of that session, thus making my character not a suicidal maniac and resuming the campaign normally.

In the end, I fixed a that guy by becoming that guy.
>>
>>48130482
>>48130468
>try to have fun and steal something in the heat of the moment
>Paladin makes you bring it back, making you loose some gold
>get revenge on Paladin
>he kills you when it didn't affect him in the slightest

This is why I hate Paladin players. I have never been in a party where me and the Paladin didn't have serious issues between us.
>>
>>48135797
Oh no. The paladin smited evil.

You know, I once had a party where the wizard cast a spell. it was awful.
>>
>>48135967
I'm fine with smiting evil but not when that evil is another player, it's a team effort, not a pvp free for all.
>>
>>48135997
then maybe, just maybe, you should consider that the paladin literally can't NOT smite evil, and make an effort to get along with them.

amazingly, acting immorally amongst moral people has consequences. either stealth harder or don't make an edgelord.
>>
>>48135797
>Get revenge on the paladin
I'm pretty sure this is bait, but murdering the lady who you robbed to get back on the paladin when her only action was reporting the theft is pretty much the definition of evil, and Paladins are kind of supposed to smite that.
>>
Not really sure if it's really worthy of a full story, but I managed to turn a party of That Guys into This Guys, through having my character be the Party Dad, by teaching all their edgy orphan mary sues/stus important life lessons, cracking dad jokes, protecting them at all costs, scolding them when they misbehave, and other sorts of fatherly dad shit, so that by the time we finished them campaign they grew up into respectful, not edgy well developed characters with actual personality besides "orphan horrible past so dark and edgy".
>>
>>48136029
>my character would kill yours so that's what i'm gonna do!

Nobody likes having their character killed, I have had 3 or 4 die at the hands of a Paladin (different players) If you aren't allowed to play an evil character why is it an option in the first place? If you do evil things that means the Paladin has the right to kill you? Paladin players only play Paladins because they get off on killing other player characters
>>
>>48136320
I could say the exact same thing for evil characters, palhoncho.
>>
>>48135997
>>48135797

Not even subtle brah
>>
>>48136320
You're That Guy, right? Why are doing shit that forces the Paladin to fight you, and then complaining about it? You should have learned your lesson after the first time.
>>
>>48136663

He is totally That Guy. If his evil-aligned characters don't work with a party, I bet it is because it wasn't him being evil-aligned, but his evil aligned character doing stuff the rest of the party had moral obligations (pala, cleric) to stop, so removing him from the party makes perfect sense. Honestly, if your evil character is in a party with a smite happy pala, it would be in his best interest not to trigger said pala. And the core motivation of evil-aligned is, even fluff wise, selfishness, and self preservation is part of that.
>>
File: 1465163228861.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1465163228861.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>48117419
>>
File: 1461658472993.jpg (29 KB, 300x352) Image search: [Google]
1461658472993.jpg
29 KB, 300x352
>people talking about Palis killing evil players
>played a CE barbarian
>killed a whole family because the daughter stepped on my foot
>Paladin got pissed and went to smite me
>tfw kicked his ass
>>
>>48126230
Same thing fampai
>>
>>48111396
I certainly played mostly that way. Every turn I'd make some strategically important move with a small number of troops, deploy my draconic self to roflstomp the enemy and then just auto resolve with superior troops for all my other battles.
>>
>>48136320
>>48135997
>>48135797
Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would commit a crime, before wondering why there are consequences for it?
>>
>That guy links us a shitty homebrew summoner class he found and says we can use it in his campaign
>Glance at it, but no one wants to play a summoner
>That guy gets bored so I run a campaign instead
>That guy immediately wants to play the class
>Look it over
>It says they're able to summon things with a CR twice the character's level
>He gets mad when I tell him i'm not letting him summon monsters twice the CR of anything the party is expected to fight

>previous campaign
>that guy is playing a homebrew class
>it lets him get like 24 strength even though you're generally limited to 20 in 5e without magical items or being max level
>tries to argue that, since he has so much strength, he should be able to also wield his two hand weapon in one hand, so he can be even more broken
>>
>>48136320
I hope you're for real because it would be funny as hell
>>
>>48116533
i want to fuck your face. you fucking qt.
>>
>>48133810
>thinking a role playing game isn't a game
>thinking that playing a useless basketweaver somehow makes him a good roleplayer
>>
>>48140489
How many ranks in weaving did you need for this strawman?
>>
>>48140494
underrated post
>>
>>48140653
You can't tell the post is underrated when it's fresh, dude, it needs to be deep in the thread and ignored, otherwise it has no meaning.
>>
>>48140459
You serious?
>>
File: 1466083765094.jpg (274 KB, 860x568) Image search: [Google]
1466083765094.jpg
274 KB, 860x568
>>48126420
>not actively disruptive, just kind of dim.
I got kicked myself after having got fed up with a slow guy. GM would spend ages with him trying to coax out some kind of action or workable plan, something his character could be working on; he just didn't have it in him.

>Tim makes a character responsible for organizing our minions
>DM tries to get him to do his job
>Flounders for an hour while the rest of us wait
>Eventually makes an arbitrary pretense of a decision
>Countermand it when I find out IC because we actually need these guys to get shit done
>Bring it up at end of session
>'Pls no bully'
>'Why am I working with a guy who can't do his job, IC?'
>'Pls.'
>Game is 'cancelled' due to schedule change
>Suddenly no one from game will respond to me on IM

I hate how utterly ineffective it is to actually talk with people about problems. I could just have done the schoolyard standard and gotten everyone onside behind closed doors, but when you actually ask people to deal with problems in the open now you're the bad guy.

I feel like I've been going backwards. Back when I was in my late teens I did all that manipulative shit and got my way a lot of the time. Then I moved out and tried to rise above that stuff. Deal with things like an adult. I can't decide if it's because most people who play RPGs are still in the highschool state of mind and I should find better friends; or if that's just how people are and I was naive to stop using a method that worked.
>>
>>48140869
It's just conformism, nobody wants to rock the boat, and when you suddenly do so they reflexively lump in with the status quo.

Or the GM is attached to "tim" and they all know it and they know that trying to do anything about it will get them kicked as well.

Don't slide back into passive aggressive and manipulation, anon, keep rising above.
Although a little bit of gauging opinions beforehand wouldn't hurt. At least you'd know whether the others care or not.
>>
>>48134901
Why do you gm for him? Just kick him out!
>>
>>48135594
You are a lucky fellow, my friend. And coming from me, that's a pretty big statement.
>>
>>48137239
Oh wow, you rolled better than another player. Here's your prize
>>
>>48127446
I'm curious too.
>>
>>48110407
> religion
> when you can turn into a powerful jetpack wearing dragon
I AM THE ONLY GOD HERE NOW
>>
>>48127223
If you dont leave, you deserve to suffer.
>>
File: confucius.jpg (163 KB, 377x398) Image search: [Google]
confucius.jpg
163 KB, 377x398
>>48131716
Confucius says: those who MurderHobo also gets HoboMurdered
>>
>>48138131
It's like how a square is always a rectangle but a rectangle is not always a square. A Tumblrina is always fat but a fattie is not always a Tumblrina.
>>
>>48141445
For the most part he's pretty good, just doing some things lately that get on my nerves, and playing in his game is becoming less fun as time goes on.

His other characters are pretty good and he seems oblivious to how much he's irritating me and other players, I'm trying to correct him without causing problems, he's been in my game since the beginning and has been a pretty great player for a long time.
>>
>>48141557
I left a long time ago.
>>
>>48116230
look at those over-sexed maniacs, i hear they where fucking more than anyone else at the school
>>
File: images.png (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.png
12 KB, 225x225
>>48110015
Ok i got one for you
>just transfer to a different college
>made friends with nerd groups
>good times are happening
>couple of them play shadowrun
>iv'e only ever played d&d (4th kill me plz)
>really fun game
>one player is an elf sniper social justice lass who thinks all men are out to rape her
>player dubs her "Charlie"
>we all call her bitch
>about midway through our campaign my dwarf combat medic dies
>I make a new character, squishy Decker (hacker)
>we had an extra autistic shittty GM who took about 3 hours into our next session to introduce my new charachter
>walks into warehouse meetup
>tries to talk to bitch
>"HES TRYING TO RAPE ME!!!"
>punches my character through a wall with her cyber arm
>my fault for making a sqishy ass fuck decker,
>when things settle down i try to explain im not trying to rape her
>bitch spurgs out again
>"HES OPPRESSING ME"
>proceeds to break every bone in my body with her ungodly bitch strength
>new hackerman dies
me and said guy are really good friends, and are actually roommates, but to this day he denies that he did anything wrong.
maybe i'm that guy....
>>
>>48143684
No, you're not that guy.
>>
>>48137239
wow, ur so cool anon-senpai. can i suc ur dick?
>>
Here's a That Gal
>Meet new GM for a game of Qin (who has heard of it?)
>Go with gf
>3 players already there
>I know 2/3, they're a couple I run a L5R game for, super friendly
>both girls have big booties, both wearing cute dresses
>Third player looks like a ham-meteor with side-shaven green hair
>/tg/ sense is tingling
>Smells like bad weed, dressed like a hobo. Who wears a scarf in June?
>Stares daggers at the girls
>GM, 40yo balding is super serious and explains the game like my boss would explain the enterprise's international strategy
>Blabla chinese history blabla misoginy everywhere, women are 100% dependant on their husbands
>It's historically accurate
>That Girl starts fuming
>"What about strong womyn, they can live by themselves, I watched Marco Polo and it was a good historical serie"
>/tg/ sense tingling harder
>GM keeps going
>Girl "What about sexual life? I mean, can a woman choose who she has sex with?"
>"No, if she's used goods, she's used goods and may be rejected"
>"Wow Ok. What about incest?"
>Bitch, did you ask about incest in the first session of worldbuilding?
>15 minutes long debate about incest begins, tumblrina keeps making references to shows like Spartacus and the Borgia
>I'm playing tic tac toe with bro
>After a while, bro starts asking specific questions to GM
>gf tries to start a discussion with Tumblrina
>"So, you said you're a RPG veteran, what did you run?
>"What did YOU play?"
>"erm, D&D, Vampire, Anima, L5R..."
>"Oh, the usual. I'm done with fighting RPG, I'm currently in 4 or 5 games about psychological stuff, my favorite game takes place in the mind of an asylum patient..."
>Stop listening because my /tg/ sense is deafening me
Long story short, she won't come back for a 2nd session because "her other tables take up too much time and she won't have room for another game".
Why the fuck did she come, I'll never know.
But I'm pretty happy I'll never see her again, because she left a bad impression on everyone.
>>
>>48136881
Not him, but my cleric is lawful evil, and she's the god-damn party leader of a bunch of good PCs. What so many players don't somehow realize is that being blatantly evil in any society will end poorly. You've got to be smart, and be self-serving when appropriate. I've killed innocent NPCs before, but only when necessary and it can't get back to me, and the populace herald my character as a defender of the lower people in society.
>>
File: 1457071843409s.png (136 KB, 626x258) Image search: [Google]
1457071843409s.png
136 KB, 626x258
>>48143684
>Kills your character in the first encounter just for talking
>"Naw man. That's totally appropriate."

If one of my fellow players did that I'd smack their shit. What kind of shit character is that?
>>
File: grasping at straws.png (281 KB, 897x505) Image search: [Google]
grasping at straws.png
281 KB, 897x505
>>48140494
heh
>>
>>48136320
and here we witness "that guy" complaining about paladin players in a "that guy" thread without even realizing that he is in fact. "That guy"
>>
File: 1423787383978.gif (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1423787383978.gif
32 KB, 250x250
>>48125774
Okay der buddy
>>
>>48136663
Why does the paladin's player have more of a right to play the game how he wants to than the evil character's player does?
>>
>>48117006
I mean, I'd probably be pretty broken up about not saving a person too if instead of calling emergency services I ran to a friend to tell them the story.
>>
File: d6f.jpg (18 KB, 403x389) Image search: [Google]
d6f.jpg
18 KB, 403x389
>>48118834
>there should never be a "good only" or "evil only campaign
>the DM has every right to veto characters they dont want to run a game for
>>
>>48136663
>You're problematic, right? Why are doing shit that forces the Feminist to fight you, and then complaining about it? You should have learned your lesson after the first time.
>>48136881
>He is totally problematic. If his male characters don't work with a party, I bet it is because it wasn't him being male, but his male character doing stuff the rest of the party had moral obligations (sjw) to stop, so removing him from the party makes perfect sense. Honestly, if your male character is in a party with a sjw with PTSD, it would be in his best interest not to trigger said sjw. And the core motivation of male is, even fluff wise, selfishness, and self preservation is part of that.

I did some substitutions to show you how stupid this whole argument is. Nobody was forced to do anything, they have control over their characters.
Both of the players went against the flow of the group. Nobody asked the paladin to go annoy the rogue.
The paladin went out of his way to find the rogue because he wanted to go dredd on him (it's very much meta to interrogate everyone in town to get a justification to fall upon the faulty player). Even after that, forcing the rogue to buy back the brooch was essentially playing the morale police on the rogue with no way for the rogue to escape it (provided enough time the paladin would have found out eventually).
note: I am not taking the side of the rogue player, the vengeance of the rogue was petty, innapropriate and reckless, he's also to blame.
A better way to handle it would have been for the paladin to froce the rogue to steal back the brooch and then give it back.
>>
File: 1465484231637.jpg (83 KB, 540x444) Image search: [Google]
1465484231637.jpg
83 KB, 540x444
>>48125774
Doing god's work of awkwardly insulting average groups of people on the internet for no reason, faganon.
>>
>>48135797
>didn't affect him in the slightest

Except for the fact that he is bound by a code that requires him to uphold goodness, and stealing from people is not good.
>>
>>48147033
>stealing is wrong, so go steal the brooch again

Do you have to try to be this fucking retarded? The paladin gave the other player an out to the situation that wasn't just fighting, this is exactly what a paladin would do, make the wrong-doer do the right thing to make up for his acts. The thief went full fucking retard after that.
>>
>>48130482
Who the fuck is your DM and why would they let it ever go that far.
>>
>>48110015
>this monday
I'm DMing the first campaign that my current group manages to play for more than a month without interruptions
last week, THAT GUY, responsible of fucking up every single one of our games since he was the perma-dm, started yawning and lyied his fucking head on the table, making me interrupt the session there to avoid slapping his fucking face.
to give you the measurements of the character, he's one of those autistic cunts that says stuff like "magic is stupid because you can't explain it with physics", and spends all his fucking time talking about genres, settings and roleplay systems without having ever managed to reach the end of a single goddamn campaign in his lifetime, both for his inability to DM and pure laziness ("I don't draw maps because its too much of an hassle")
"come on, maybe he was just tired by the summer hots, next time will go better"
I repeat to myself naively.
this monday, we were saying.
>wait for all the players to arrive.
>game starts from the battle they left
>autist start yawning
>I pretend to not see him
>they enter the boss area
>I describe it. and there is an goddamn bloody fucking obvious giant door that leads to the boss
>autist, with crossed arms, half asleep face and paternalistic voice: "And now I guess we have to find the key hidden in a magic chest to open the door that obviously lead to the boss"
I lost my shit. boss was behind the first door they opened. it dies instantly and congratulations music starts playing
session over.
after this, he accused me to have dirtied the manual, that is not even his possession, with the most annoying fucking attitude one man could stand, and I swear to fucking god if I wasn't inside the home of a friend that lives with his mother, I would have punched that faggot to a bloody christfuck pulp.
the outcome is: I'm done. three years this group managed to play a handful of games that led only to boredom and getting pissed. next week, fresh start with a new group. FUCK YOU
>>
>>48130053
>autist
>hinting

Stop hinting and just fucking tell him. If he 'threatens' to walk off, let him walk off and never come back again. Problem solved.
>>
>>48147143
>stealing is wrong, so go steal the brooch again
stealing rom a fence?
Moral relativism is a slippery slope I give you that, but the premise of the rogue is pretty much sneakery and thievery.
If the paladin must obey law to the point instead of adhering to a moral code and protect justice, he's lawful stupid.
Either your paladin has a bit of leeway in how he defends justice either, there's no point in playing a paladin since all your actions are defined in a book and you play like a little programmed drone.
Needless to say, this kind of paladin is incompatible entirely with rogues. His fault for playing a paladin then.
>The thief went full fucking retard after that.
>>I am not taking the side of the rogue player, the vengeance of the rogue was petty, innapropriate and reckless, he's also to blame.
>>
>>48128199
You complain but then say that the guys antics are hilarious. If You want him to stop then don't fucking encourage him.

Tell him to stop that shit or kick him
>>
>>48110837
Boku No Divinity: Dragon Commander
>>
>>48139145
You're a big paladin.
>>
>>48147381
Just kick out of that guy, you don't need to abandon the rest of the group
They might feel your pain with him being a cunt
But seriously you probably shouldn't have cracked instancently at the beginning and should have kicked him out after the session was over
>>
>>48131767
Underaged poster detected.
>>
>>48150183
for Tsu
>>
>>48117419

It's like you don't even realize you're That Guy.
>>
>>48117419
>Buddy DMs
>First time DMing and we are doing 3.5
>be a level 2 Barbarian/Samurai, and address a skill combination using resolute to cure Exhaustion/Fatigue after raging
>Flips shit says "its unfair" "CANT REMOVE SELF INFLICTED CONDITIONS" is his decree
later in the session
I crit fail on an attack and he makes me lose my Great Axe in a pillar of energy instantly destroying it. Its worth noting the pillar was way above me and 20 feet away and other crit fails were funny trips and or falls.
later
Rolling for damage, buddy rolls a die and it hits mine. Doesnt allow a re-roll
>>
That DM:
>houserules that on a natural 1, you drop a melee weapon or break a bowstring
>didn't know what spells did, thought Dispel Magic permanently destroys magic items
>had the party followed around by an omnipotent fairy who would do humiliating shit to our characters like turn us into furries, flamboyant gays and cartoon pony centaurs
>>
>>48152773
>Natural 1 is drop weapon or break bow string
Well the bowstring part is super rough, but the weapon drop isn't bad at all
Rolling a 1 and having shit happen is common for most DMs
>>
>>48152773
>>had the party followed around by an omnipotent fairy who would do humiliating shit to our characters like turn us into furries, flamboyant gays and cartoon pony centaurs

At that point, you really should just get up and leave. His satisfaction will be short-lived when he realizes that no one will play with him anymore.
>>
File: 1467674653908.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1467674653908.png
2 MB, 1000x967
>Deadlands game
>Wild west setting, you know the drill
>Guy names his character with heterochromia Thamos
>Doesn't understand why we keep making fun of him
>>
>>48143684
Go to bed Christian
>>
>>48116230
that fucking guy in the middle, my fucking sides
looks like an autistic rapist from albania
>>
>>48115808
>>48116230

the wall seems like an autistic but fun place
>>
>>48158607
The fun may be exaggerated by the teller.
>>
File: images7.jpg (3 KB, 130x159) Image search: [Google]
images7.jpg
3 KB, 130x159
>>48110015
I got one.
>our party of adventurers visits a small port city for the first time, to rest up between adventures and re-equip
>we're all wearing magical gear and carrying enchanted weapons, we spring for rooms at a really nice inn, word gets around that the group of travelers that just blew in have a fair bit of money
>we get a messenger from one Capa Varsazi, a prominent local merchant, who tells us the Capa (a title the DM says is equivalent to "Don") would like to introduce himself and has invited us to his manner
>we figure their might be a good business deal in it, decide to take him up on it.
>we get to his mansion and see that it's fairly lavish. And he has a lot of servants and employees around, who look kind of like rough customers. Like they might be somewhat dangerous.
>none of them are overtly hostile though, they just lead us to the Capa, who they speak of very deferentially.
>Capa Varsazi greets us warmly and welcomes us to the city, thanking us for making time for a humble merchant like himself, and goes on this spiel about how we're obviously successful people and men of the world, and as an entrepeneur he admires that.
>But, he says, while we're bon vivants and worldly men, we can't be expected to know the state of affairs in such a rustic and provincial town as theirs. The economy could be de-stabilized by a sudden influx of coin, and the Capa expresses concern that we might cause just that if we share our wealth with the generosity of spirit he's sure we have.
>He says that while he's just a humble merchant, he has a deep love for his city and a great concern for its welfare, and hopes that if he isn't presuming too much he might offer us his services as an advisor in our business transactions. So that we buy from enterprises who can handle our trade responsibly and blah blah blah...
>>
>>48159027
>Now the DM was delivering all the Capa's lines in his best Marlon Brando imitation and we're meta-gaming bastards, so we immediately meta-game that Capa Varsazi is the head of the Mafia. And that he is courteously shaking us down, and that we can assume the suppliers he suggests will be his business interests
>talking it over briefly out of character, we realize that we've never worked with the Mafia in a fantasy game before. Generic Thieve's Guilds, sure, but never actually Da Mob.
>if we can get off on the right foot now, we can have the Mafia as a contact, and that'll be useful if we ever need poisons, forged papers, contraband smuggled, or anything like that. Or employment as muscle, if we ever need some quick cash.
>the party face was just expressing our thanks that such a great entrepeneur and pillar of the community as the Capa would offer us the benefit of his council and our gracious acceptance, when That Guy announces his Barbarian will attack Capa Varsazi.
>we ask him why
>"Because he's threatening me, and my character wouldn't tolerate that."
>we point out that we haven't actually been threatened, and in fact the meeting's been rather pleasant.
>"There's an implied 'or else' in his offer; it's an implicit threat."
>we point out that Groinslam the Barbarian has 6 Int and no ranks in Sense Motive, and any implicit threat is totally lost on him.
>"Well...he's weak and civilized, a decadent city-dweller. I want to kill him."
>we try to talk him out of it, we point out that we're outnumbered and the only weapons we have ready access to are daggers (the rest was in a portable hole the rogue carried concealed), and that the rest of us actually want to work with Don Corleone. We think the character's cool, the contact with the Mob could be useful as hell, and we really don't want to blow this and have to fight our way out of his stronghold because our savage friend suddenly tried to kill the fucking Godfather.

>"It's what my character would do."
>>
>>48159041
Since our DM never compromised player agency except in cases of magical compulsion he wouldn't just shut That Guy down outright. Cue impromptu gangland hit and resulting bloodbath as we fought our way clear of a mansion full of thugs out for our blood, with only a few hundred GP worth of looted finery for our troubles. At which our party was friendless, in a foreign city, accessories to an unprovoked murder. The Godfather had had business arrangements with the civic authorities, the power vacuum we had just created was going to destroy the relative peace the Mafia had enforced, the status quo was fucked and everyone who had benefitted from it would want our heads on pikes.

The session wrapped up there and we discussed where to go from there besides fleeing the city and becoming outlaws, which appealed to no one. Some possibilities were raised, none of which were ever realized because the game just kind of fizzled out after that.

That Guy was not included in the next game we got off the ground.
>>
>>48159047
Why didn't you just slap the barbarian down in-character?

>That Guy was not included in the next game we got off the ground.
If you were going to do that then why not retcon and restart with him gone?
>>
>>48159074
>Why didn't you just slap the barbarian down in-character?
Because by the time we'd have had him subdued/dead, the Don would have already had at least one unplanned body piercing and the bodyguards would have been in the room looking to push our shit in. That's a situation that's hard to talk your way out of when your line is "The dumbass trying to kill your boss does not represent us", and we had no Diplomancers in the party. It was pretty much beyond recovery.

>If you were going to do that then why not retcon and restart with him gone?
Morale failure, I guess?
>>
>>48111396
I ended up using console commands to cheat through all the battles, because the policy decisions/waifu crafting was infinitely better than the really, really shitty RTS mechanics in that game, though you could just cheese in your base with your dragon commander and win every fight.

The 'maximum amount of troops you can own based on the size of the territory' was a neat idea though.
>>
>>48159304
I just played it on casual, built up an unstoppable legion and used the way of Zapp Brannigan to storm the map.

Hearing Yorrick on gun control was much better than just spamming units
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 750x898) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 750x898
I don't know if peppering your players with lame puns through the course of a year long campaign until they rage quit makes me a that guy, but it happened.
Farewell, brother Arkio, you will be sorely missed.
>>
>>48160412
It does. You deliberately antagonized them until they left.
>>
>CoC 1920's period
>Make a black character because the social challenge excites
>Characters are the collective owner of a detective agency who specializes in stuff the cops won't stick their fingers into
>Hired by a benign cult of silly dicks who concern themselves with worship over meddling with innocents to locate their less nice rival cult
>Finally locate the place, inform the benign cult and get on with our lives
>Plot happens and we are now stuck as temporary members of the benign cult
>Have to do some random initiation ritual to summon some randie star monster into the rival cult's lair to wreak havoc
>Need a human sacrifice who is part of the cult to summon the boogey monster
>That guy shoots my character's leg and says that my character is willing to become the sacrifice out of the blue
>A character he has been working with for almost 7 years in game time
>A character he has expressed no malice towards before this
>His justification for it is "Well he's just a nigger, though being 2/3 of a person might be a problem. Plus i want his gun (slightly modified pistol that does a whopping +1 more damage than normal because of a good roll i had while making the gun)"
>Normally i would laugh at the witty note, but he just crippled one of my favorite characters for no reason other than he wanted his gun

Also the DM has said that he will allow us to shoot each other without the consent of others or questioning it because he trusts our judgement if and when we do it in the game.
>>
>>48160412
When he returns remind him of crossdressing lizards.
>>
>>48160829
Well what the fuck happened afterwards? You can't just leave it at "he shot me and said I offered to be sacrificed" and not follow up with what happened next. That aside, did he roll well and knee-cap your character or just shoot him in some random spot? Not every shot to the leg is a crippling one you know.
>>
>>48160462
I mean, he saw a pun and quit.
That makes him a pussy to such a degree that you should be ostracised.
>>
>>48159304
Why though?
It's SUPER easy.

Like I don't even know how people lose this fucking game easy.
>>
>>48164258
Because It's fairly cheap on higher difficulties.

Easy once you get a foothold, and start spamming legions of units, but it's getting started that's the issue
>>
>>48113740
why is card sleeves a bad thing? i play with some people that are super messy and rather not have them fuck up my shit.
>>
>>48164241
Over a year it does get bothersome though, not necessarily that guy material on the other hand.
>>
>>48160910
He's not allowed back until he makes a better/worse pun
>>
File: 1466535511050.jpg (28 KB, 550x280) Image search: [Google]
1466535511050.jpg
28 KB, 550x280
>>48130468
>>
>>48147033
The Paladin is an sjw for avenging a brutal murder? Jesus Christ, did you have to work on being this retarded, or is it a natural gift?
>>
>>48167295
I think the point wasn't the sleeves so much as it was that he got grease on the cards anyway.
>>
>GM describes a market in a miserable city, including a man selling his 12 year old daughter, to emphasize what has changed in the distance we sailed
>that guy buys her
>no one tries to stop him
>characters lived separately and we never saw her again when he went home
>leave the town the next day, never talked about it again
>>
>>48110015
there was a guy named OP who wanted to steal all the stories and never contribute.

for punishment he became stuck in the warp with fellow that guys and with copies of the game munchkin

the end
>>
>>48117006
wat?
>>
>>48110015
>at gw store, playing some 40k with a bud
>two guys who started hanging around here in the last few months show up
>always spouting /tg/ memes about le imperial guard, le heresy and talking out of their asses about lore
>one day a little kid, maybe 10 or 11 asks store manager about the riptide suit since he wants one to field
>kid is a little obnoxious and won't shut the fuck up, but it's still a little kid
>two guys proceed calling him cheesy and try to talk him out of buying the model
>>
>>48167317
>people who don't like shit puns
should not be involved in social settings Tbh familia
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.