[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Alarielle.jpg (199 KB, 1003x1000) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle.jpg
199 KB, 1003x1000
>resources
pastebin.com/LPEdZcTi

All hail to Alarielle's thigh edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2

Old thread
>>48074862
>>
First for thic thighs.
>>
Second for Kroak
>>
daily reminder that alarielle WILL get killed by a random skink/gnoblar/rat swarm

and like it
>>
What are Skullcrushers like and is the Brass Stampede good?
>>
File: 1448134582105.gif (655 KB, 460x426) Image search: [Google]
1448134582105.gif
655 KB, 460x426
With the limits to summoning is Nagash over pointed now?
>>
I'm trying for the life of me to remmmeber the name of a website in the UK that would sell warhammer slightly cheaper than GW. I am pretty sure it wasn't wayland games but i could be wrong, the only thing i remmember is that it took awhile for delivery. I know thats not much to go on but maybe someone knows what i'm on about.
>>
>>48091311
Element games?
>>
So is it just me or is AoS pretty much dead in the water on the east coast?
>>
>>48091155
Yes.
>>
>>48091311

Maelstrom Games? Name rings a bell, but I believe they closed up years ago
>>
>>48091155

What ARE the limits on summoning?
>>
>>48091155
>16 wounds
>can regain wounds
>good save
>can cast eight spells a turn
>with a bonus to the casting roll
>command ability is amazing

I dunno, maybe. But that's a lot of spells. He's basically eight 100 point wizards glued into one big body, with a price to match.
>>
>>48091155
Not really. He still fucking doubles you summon points after the fact, so he still allows you to play with more points than your foe.
Not to mention he is still a tremendously powerful damagecaster in his own right that can throw down in melee no problem and is pretty durable.
>>
>>48091319
>>48091354

It could have been, i'm sure the name had "wargaming" or something in the title though. It probably is wayland, the prices look about what i remmember but i recall the site not looking as shit as it does, plus their seems to be alot of negative reviews.

Ah sod it. Thanks for helping though!
>>
>>48091501
triplehelixwargames?
>>
Can anyone share Sylvaneth yesterday anthology?
If someone will upload it, I'll pick up 4th part of Hunt for Mannfred audio for all of us.
>>
Hey so I'm preparing my Brettonians for Season of War at my local GW, is it any good:
- 1x Paladin BSB
- 2x Knights Errant (two different units)
- 1x Damsell
- 2x Peasant Bowman (one unit)
It amounts to 980 points.
Any thoughts
>>
File: 1406455887906.gif (497 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1406455887906.gif
497 KB, 500x278
Has anyone got the PDF of the new items in the G.Handbook
>>
>>48091319

Going to use this one i think, prices seem good. Thank you!
>>
How long do you think it will be until most of the races have been fleshed out to the point where the game is more interesting?

Feels a bit shallow at the moment in terms of variety.
>>
>>48091311
Darksphere?
That's my port of call, unless my buddy get's the GW manager job he applied for
>>
>>48091519
TripleHelix do sell Warhammer at pretty decent prices as long as you're willing to wait for their dubious dispatch cycle on Thursdays each week.

I paid extra for 1st class Next Day delivery on an order placed on a Friday that didn't get dispatched for another 6 days.
>>
>>48091155
Well I think he still has his uses. Remember, he has an army-wide Command and a huge modifier to his casting rolls. The latter does wonders combined with him knowing the spells of other Death Wizards. Thus, he can cast shit like Vanhel's Danse Macabre or Chillwind with a huge modifier, making those powerful spells significantly easier to get off.

>>48091438
Who says he doubles it AFTER you pay the points for it? As I understand it, when he summons Morghasts, you get four instead of two but also PAY four instead of two.

>>48091591
Yes, I do. And so would you, if you weren't a blind moron.

>>48091664
You do realize every faction in the game has a page of fluff and full color warscrolls in the GA books, right? Just because it doesn't have a Battletome doesn't mean you can't play it.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (569 KB, 1680x1017) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
569 KB, 1680x1017
Now they're providing information on how to make your own terrain again.
>>
File: SkavenLordSkrolk.jpg (340 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
SkavenLordSkrolk.jpg
340 KB, 682x1024
>100 pts
>4+ save
>Sweet D6 mortal wound prayers
>Wields the legendary Liber Bubonicus
>Damage THREE for bitch-slapping man-things
>Sexy model

Lord Kroak fucking wishes he had such swagger and dirt cheap pts cost.

And don't think Grimlok is safe either, he's coming for that ass too.
>>
I wanna oil up Alarielle's thighs.
>>
>>48091944
Psst, the Realmgate Wars books have been doing that already. Besides, that isn't "making terrain". That's "buy a Realm of Battle board just to paint it like so for this tiny stretch of campaign narrative".
>>
>>48091944
Awesome, they're heading back to where they were years ago. Monthly WD, make your own stuff, community features etc.

Now I'm just sitting here with mixed feelings over my wall of WHFB I brought when AoS came out.

Guess I'll just have to play both, squares on the old stuff, rounds on the new stuff whatever.
>>
>>48091800
You get to set up double the amount of models you summoned, which I read as "Summon 100pts of stuff, set up 200pts worth of stuff.".
A FAQ is needed, I think.
>>
>>48092132
If nagash can't get more summons then he loses his uniqueness really
>>
File: why.jpg (102 KB, 430x627) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
102 KB, 430x627
>Threw down <£200 on the new Sylvaneth book + models
>Simply because they are a beautiful range and i'm bored of my Necrons
I'll probably end up buying a few bits of terrain too for some trippy fae forest action
>>
Have any of the most recent fiction, audio dramas, or campaign stuff been linked yet? I've been watching both Megas, but nothing seems to have come through.
>>
>>48092277
You think you have it bad? I don't even play currently and I want to drop money for Sylvaneth, even if there's nobody in Northern VA who plays just because I fucking love drybrushing.

Emma and those tree revenants can GO AND STAY FUCKING GO, THOUGH. YOU DON'T DRYBRUSH SKIN, YOU MONG.
>>
>>48092404
Dunk >>> Emma
>>
>>48092277
>>48092404

Same here anons, don't even play and i'm buying a small group of ironjawz just to paint something.
>>
>>48092444
All hail lord Duncan
>>
>>48092277
>>48092462
At least i'm in London
So i have a few FLGS'es and GW's to play in

>>48092463
I wonder if he enjoyed painting Alarielle's thick thighs
>>
>>48090840
Welp, unless any one can convince me otherwise, I guess Ill be picking up a Start Collecting!: Slaves to Darkness box set+ another box of Warriors, Chosen and a Sorceress.

Please, brothers, lead me away from this ruinious path.
>>
File: 1457661027296.jpg (26 KB, 278x253) Image search: [Google]
1457661027296.jpg
26 KB, 278x253
>>48092487
>Consider getting Alarielle when I get gud enough/have enough dosh
>See those THICC thighs of hers
>MFW imagining those putting my pelvis in a death grip as I shoot streams of ivory into her Wood Elf snatch hatch
>TFW you'll never leave the forest
>>
>>48092404
I really hate painting skin desu
So glad most of my new army will be Wood
>>
File: 99120204016_SpiteRevenant01.jpg (62 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120204016_SpiteRevenant01.jpg
62 KB, 600x620
>>48092404
Um, I play Blightkings and they only get the chalky dried-out skin look I'm going for if I dry-brush them with Pallid Wych Flesh.
And ethereal "skin" can be dry-brushed too, if you do it right.
But yes, her way of painting the Revenants was atrocious. I wanted the damn blue from pic related, not YET another tutorial on how to paint Spirit Hosts.
>>
>>48092503
I'd probably just grab the start collecting box myself, don't want to give yourself too big a painting backlog right from the off.

Otherwise, go for it.
>>
>>48092487
He washed them in his cum

>>48092503
I mean all the models are nice, but the army seems very boring and kind of dependent on allied keyword god synergy or you miss out on some abilitys

E.g: mark them all Slaanesh, then get a slaaneshi lord, use his command on them for extra attacks on 6's.

If you do it with anything else, you may as well just play Rotbringers, bloodbound, arcanites, etc
>>
>>48091392

Anyone?
>>
>>48092503

don't AOS is fucking shite.
>>
>>48092503
What is the Sorceress for? Because you like the model? Or for Your Dudes'ing your army?

Other than that, why not. It's a great value box and despite what other anons say, StD are a fun army, especially if you fluff it out with god-specific units.
>>
>>48092404
NoVa meetup when?
>>
>>48092503
>Do you know how AoS plays?
>Do you have a point limit / know when to stop?
>Do you like the models?
>Will you be able to play regularly?
If yes to all 4 then go nuts anon
>>
>>48091335

The GW in Hartford CT runs leagues and such. Somewhere around 15 active players I think the rep said. I don't go up there cause it's an hour away for me andmy work schedule sucks but the rep seemed really cool. Maybe now that points are out I'll be able to pick up a game here and there.
>>
File: 1467303376344.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
1467303376344.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
>>48092587
>>
>>48092587
Okay, whatever, I don't think that's in the pdf yet.

Basically, you leave out an amount of points, i.e. you only take, say, 750 points in a 1000 point army. That gives you a summoning pool of 250 points. Throughout the game you can set up new units up to 250 points, though you don't have to decide what you summon before the game starts, so you can adapt to what is happening on the table.

Note that this only counts for summoning new units, not things like Flesh-Eater Courtiers reinforcing your existing units or Daemon/Skeleton Standards resurrecting models. You can do that as much as you want BUT not to increase the unit above its starting size.

Note also that this ONLY applies to Matched Play. Open and Narrative do not have these restrictions.
>>
File: silver-tower-box.jpg (43 KB, 466x309) Image search: [Google]
silver-tower-box.jpg
43 KB, 466x309
Is the Silver Tower any good?
>>
>>48091542
I will after I finish it.
>>
File: gravity.png (1 MB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
gravity.png
1 MB, 800x960
>>48091542
>Alarielle's thighs thicker than her torso
>>
>>48092761
Played my first game last week with two friends, it was shitloads of fun. A bit easy at the start, but when you throw advanced monsters and random shit keeps happening, it can become challenging.
Each character had his OP moment, with the Mistweaver stunning whole rooms, the Warchanter chain attacking like there's no tomorrow and the Tzeentch sorcerer lord with both his traits (splash damage and change behaviour roll of enemies).
There's also a huge range of characters to play, so that's definitely another plus (even if some a cruelly absent, like Flesh Eaters or Sylvaneth).
>>
>>48092761
Depends on what you expect out of it.
Are the models good? Oh hell yes.
Do they have rules in AoS? Yes, pretty damn good ones for the most part, too.
Is it easy to play? Absolutely.
Is it fun to play? Fast-paced, lots of chances for dickery among players, though it (obviously) gets more fun if played with the maximum number of players.
Does it have replay value? Theoretically endless because of the amount of randomness. Effectively it gets a bit repetitive after a certain point, but with 4 players, you will barely notice, as cutting through goblins and horrors will always be fun.
>>
>>48092603
A little bit of everything, actually: Fits in with Your dudes, I cant see any reason not to use Daemonic power, and plus, I have some really nice models in mind for her.

>>48092592
Any recommendation for a fantasy game? Because I already have armies for most systems.

>>48092614
Me and my friends are all starting armies, to celebrate the start of The Season of War. We're all building to 1000 points as a goal, and I already have a 1500 point Vampire Count army.

I am mainly asking if any of you could recommend another army. I played around with the idea of a Eshin based Skaven army, and Dark Elves, but I have no idea how they play. I also thought about Freeguild, but I have no idea about the lore behind them, or how any of them play.
>>
Does anyone know if buffs are stackable?

Can a pair of Packmasters whip the same Rat ogre unit to give them 2+ to hit, run and charge? probably not. seems too good
>>
>>48092761
I've just finished doing the models for mine. Not played a game yet but it looks fun. Me and the OH spent a while making heroes and monsters. I'll try to get a game next weekend when I've got time but shes looking forward to giving it a go.

There's a reasonable selection of heroes and lots of monsters. The boards are nice thick card and it all stays reasonably well in its box. I expect GW may expand it with more monsters/boards much like the other board game I can't remember the name of which shares similarities (dungeon something??).
>>
>>48090969
They are ok but Dracoth Riders btfo them pretty hard in my experience. The Brass Stampede formation seems almost mandatory if you want to use Skullcrushers. I like them for their looks mostly.
>>
File: attendingLVO.jpg (77 KB, 1439x665) Image search: [Google]
attendingLVO.jpg
77 KB, 1439x665
Alright everyone, registration is officially open for the AoS grand tournament in the LVO in February. Who all is going?

I am so excited to show off my Forgesworn Eternals and dispossessed.
>>
>>48092880
Eshin-themed army is fun, but limited, especially with the Deathrunner not getting points yet. Basically you play your two minimum units of Night Runners, a Deceiver and two or three Assassins and then you shell out all your other points for Gutter Runners. The Deceiver is THE best character killer in the game and almost impossible to kill at range.
Dark Elves have way too many factions currently, so you'll need to narrow it down a bit.
Freeguild are basically the Imperial Guard to the Stormcasts' Astartes. They rush from Azyr into the other realms to reclaim the realms their ancestors once had to abandon. In game they are a big gunline behind almost unkillable infantry that doesn't move unless it has to in addition to powerful shooty cav and gorgeous Demigryph Cav. Needs some assistance from Collegiate Arcane and Ironweld Arsenal though.

>>48092882
Only one buff with the same name, if I remember correctly. So, you can stack Bloodsecrator and Aspiring Deathbringer adding +1 attack each as they have the same effect, but not two Packmasters, as their rules have the same effect and the same name.
>>
>>48091664
I'd say a year or so when all or most factions have been redone and the realms further explored. Aelfs will shake things up a bit I believe. Pretty exited about their huge centerpiece leaders. Also the eventual other new Greater Daemons.
>>
>>48093010
Tournaments like this ALMOST make me wish I lived in burgerland.
>>
>>48093056
The big thing that sucks about tournaments in burgerland is everything is so far away from each other. This is about a 9 hour drive from my house, and it's THE CLOSEST GT to me.

I imagine it's different over the pond because land is smaller and things would be closer. Not to mention tabletop wargames being bigger there in general and more are available within the year.
>>
>>48092654
>>48092690

So you couldn't set as8dr points and then so am summon Chimera every turn?
>>
>>48093231
English please?
>>
>>48093231

You can't spam summoning spells because you have a finite amount of points set aside for the entire battle, is how I read it. Is that correct?
>>
>>48093085
Atleast your country have a AoS scene.
>>
>>48093346
yes
basically its like arriving from reserve in 40k except harder to do and there are more limitations
>>
>>48093289
>>48093346
>>48093231
You can put aside points for summoning and summon no more new units than that number of points would let you bring.

You can reinforce units for free up to their original size. so If you bought a squad of 30 skeletons and 1 is alive? Nagash or whoever could summon it back to 30 for 0 points.
>>
>>48093543
Eh, no. Nagash etc. can only summon new UNITS of Skeletons, which does not fall under the reinforcement clause. Reinforcement refers to things like Morbidex Twiceborn or Courtiers, like "pick a unit already on the table and add X models to it". The only way you can use summoning magic to reinforce existing units is with Sepulchral Stalkers, Ushabti and the like, where the "summon X" spell says "pick a unit of X and add a model to it".
>>
>>48093543
No.

You can't resurrect with summoning spells. The spell or ability must allow to refill units. Like the healing spell of the Wanderers or the standarts of death.
THEN you don't need to spend reinforcment points. Otherwise it costs points.
>>
>>48093654
Hey, that's right. With these new summoning restrictions, the Spellweaver's unique spell just got infinitely better, didn't it? I mean, the poor lady's still fucked because they took her horse-option away in GA:Order so the one target her rezz would be best for is constantly out of range (unless you use her legacy rules).
>>
>>48093010
Well, Mainly I considered playing the Corsairs faction with Assassin support. I liked the idea of having a Skaven assassin force with a few slave units, like a Chaos Sorcerer or Warriors, but overall, i am not a huge fan of Skaven as a faction. I think they're just not to my taste, with way too much backstabbing. They're also just too flimsy and horde based mechanic wide
>>
>>48093772
>I think they're just not to my taste, with way too much backstabbing.

>I liked the idea of having a Skaven assassin force

Pick-Choose one, man-thing
>>
Does the Realm of Shadows have rules anywhere?
>>
>>48092587
Summoning: your army pts includes summoning. You can summon to regain dead models, but never to pass the point limit of the game. You can also split your army into two pools, the main fielded pool, and a summoning pool, but again. This cannot pass the pts limit.

Advantages to summoning is to be able to restore units, and to be able to summon troops several inches away, which may put with within charge range, or surprise the enemy with a group of dudes to block off their path. Helps you maneuver better.
>>
>>48094303
Might be wrong on the restoration of units though
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 350x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 350x370
I wanna cum all over Alarielle's thighs.
>>
>>48094172
Hasn't been officially explored yet. Heck, I'm still waiting for Realm of Beasts rules, never mind Light and Shadow.
>>
>>48094531
I think those three are probably being saved for the next arc, which I hope will be the Slaanesh and Aelves one. The Realmgate Wars were about the attack on the realmgates, specifically Aqshy, Shyish, Ghyran, and Chamon. I would expect that these are the four that get sealed during the assault on the Allgates, while Ghur, Ulgu, and Hysh will be the next realms focused on for the next series.
>>
>>48090840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hLLRvSLiKk&app=desktop

>Duncan touching dem thighs and skin
>>
>>48094616
Well, Ghur is getting screentime and probably rules in All-Points, but I agree they're probably saving Hysh and Ulgu for the Aelf releases.
>>
Now that our torrent connection is gone, where are all the tasty illicit scans?
>>
>>48092606
>>48092606
There's like no stores in NoVA I'm aware of that care about AoS, the LGSes I've called either do Warmahordes or 40k.
>>
>>48094786
In my opinion, stuff always gets leaked here first besides the PDF stuff, which is a single person on Kickass Torrents doing that
>>
>>48094786
I already miss Bran.
>>
Sylvaneth Allegiance

>Branchwych w/ Warsinger Command Trait, Ranu's Lamentiri and The Reaping
>Drycha Hamadreth w/ Squirmlings and Regrowth
>20 Dryads
>5 Tree Revenants
>3 Treekin

1000 points, not sure if I should toss the Treekin for 5 more Revenants or just enjoy my undercosted Ogor-equivalents and consider the Revenants a tax.
>>
>>48091311
Literally every non GW stockist sells GW stuff at 10% lower prices.

I used Firestorm Games in Cardiff. I picked up the start collecting! For Slaves To Darkness and like 15 paints for £60.
>>
>>48095037
Blame the cunt who turned the thread into a bitchfest then got an alt and slammed the mod about off topic
Now that board has a mod who hates anything Warhammer
>>
I've been wanting to get into Warhammer for a few years now, will someone answer a few questions for a pleb? I've read large portions of the pastebins.
-AOS or 40k? I know Im in the AOS general but I figured I'd ask.
- Is it a good time to start?
- What kind of game play differences should I expect based on factions?
- How much should I reasonable expect to spend to create an intermediate army?
>>
>>48095515

>Branchwych w/ Warsinger Command Trait, Ranu's Lamentiri and The Reaping

huh?
>>
>>48095644
Aos is easier to start with rules wise and in my personal opinion more fun and fair to play
40k has more dept (which also tranlates into a lot more rules) and a larger fanbase globally speaking , as aos is more popular at my store
if both games are played at your local store you'll probably end up buying into both games

basically the choice really comes down to which setting do you like the most ?
everything below goes for both aos and 40k
>good time to start
depends on what faction you want to play
it are golden times for stormcast, sylvaneth, fyreslayers, orcs and chaos who have recieved new lines. the old armies are in uncertain times as to what will go and what will stay/merge . as the current subfactions make very little sense
to give an example the old empire warrior priest which was able to buff all units before now only is able to do so for a witch hunter , flaggelants and the war altar
>gameplay diffrences
kinda hard to explain , but most armies' playstyle matches their fluff
>how much €
depends on the army you choose, factions consisting of elite troops will be cheaper to flesh out than armies using human wave tactics
i'dd say anywhere between 120€-200€ for a fleshed out army (probably less if you start with an army that has start to collect) and something like 75€ for a fleshed out skirmishing force which is also really fun to play (against)
>>
>>48095644
In order:
>AoS is cheaper to start out with (less minis, no expensive books necessary) and the rules are easier to pick up and play, 40k, being older, has the larger player base

>for AoS now is the literal perfect time to start. The (15-20 bucks) General's Handbook is coming out on Saturday, featuring rules for campaign play and competitive play as well as a fuckton of scenarios to play. There's also a summer campaign that doesn't just reward you for winning games but also for assembling/painting units.

>pretty drastic. You can go from Skaven or Beastmen, who field dozens upon dozens of cannonfodder models to Ogor armies with only a dozen models altogether, from static Dwarven gunlines to tree fairies who appear out of thin air and vanish back again, from cavalry armies to pure footslogging armies, from pure melee to almost pure range, whatever strikes your fancy

>in the pastebin you can find a pdf called 200-Dollar Armies. That cost will get you to a perfectly viable army. If you take an army that has a Start Collecting box or one of the two starter factions, you can push that price tag down even more.
As an example, 1000 points is a perfectly legitimate size for competitive play and for Open play you'd need even less:
2 boxes of Dryads and a box of Kurnoth Hunters. If you're decent at modeling, this can get you a Branchwraiths (Hero), 30 Dryads (infantry), 6 Treekin (big infantry) and Drycha (monstrous Hero. Comes out to 940 points and costs 112€, is perfectly legitimate and pretty powerful as well.
>>
>>48095718
http://baddice.co.uk/sylvaneth-battletome-review/

Sylvaneth Battletome includes two Artifact lists, a spell lore and a list of Command Traits specifically for Sylvaneth.

In short, the Branchwych has a bubble of +1 to charge rolls, gains +1 to her casting rolls (or +2 when casting from the unique lore) and a spell from said unique lore that damages all enemy units within 3".
>>
>>48091542
beetle looks so happy
>>
>>48094812
I wonder if we get the three nerds from NoVa that frequent here and go to an Open Game Night at Victory Comics or some place if we could get some sort of group going.
>>
>>48095644
>Is it a good time to start?
Probably the best with the General's Handbook coming up.

>What kind of game play differences should I expect based on factions?
Factions are less defined in AoS than something like 40k. The Death Grand Order, for example, has a lot of magic and unit summoning and recursion. Chaos have good synergies if they share a common God. Really, if you don't have a play style you love more than others, you should pick based on visual appeal or lore.

>How much should I reasonably expect to spend to create an intermediate army?
Well, you can get stuff cheap from overseas if you don't mind the insanely long wait for shipping. Start with the Start Collecting bundles if you don't want one of the two factions from the Starter. If you can find an LGS with a good scene, see if you can get some proxy games before buying stuff. Also if you don't mind the inherent frustrations of the site, there's always eBay. It really just depends on what army you want to play.
>>
>>48096051
I don't even have an army or know how to play AoS.
>>
>>48092592
why are you on the AOS general, go back to your dead game that no longer gets updates
>>
>>48094657
never been a fan of that tree faction but damn that models looks nice
>>
>>48096073
So? The core rules are all free on the GW website and the basic rule sheet is only 4 pages.
>>
>>48092404
>even if there's nobody in Northern VA who plays

I know the feeling, I'm in southern Arizona and you either go to Phoenix or you're fucked. There were like two people I knew who played out here and they tried to start a shop but that failed.

Lonely rantings aside, has anyone tried playing with the new points values that have been shown? How did it go?
>>
>>48095883
>>48095919
Shit, well thanks guys. Those price estimates are not at all bad so the real question is going to come down to 40k vs AOS. I certainly like the sound of depth but also the inception of a new thing has a lot of potential. I think I will spend the rest of the day reading up on the depth of each and jerking off to models.
>>
>>48096219
He can also find video tutorials on youtube.
>>
>>48096298
About 4 with the leakbro points. The Bloodbound point values feel fairly balanced, Skarbrand put in way more than 400 points of work.
>>
>>48096219
Well I mean before I start collecting I was going to get the actual book.
>>
>>48096582
There is no one unified Age of Sigmar book.

The setting is still largely undefined, and the fluff is spread out over like, twelve books, with no one centralized BRB in existance, outside of potentially the upcoming $25 USD General's Handbook.
>>
How do points and summoning work? I recently started Sylvaneth with all of the changes coming out, but I don't quite get how the new summoning points stuff work.

So 10 Dryads are 120 points and the Branchwraith can summon 2d6 Dryads, how many points do I need to store to summon twice? If I roll a 11 or 12, is that a 240 point squad or still a 120 point squad?
>>
>>48095980
Do players roll on the Sylvaneth spell table or is it a pick and choose thing?
>>
>>48096827
Per generals handbook you would get to choose 120 or 240 but still capped at 11 or 12 if you pay the 240.
>>
>>48096492
>Skarbrand put in way more than 400 points of work.

Good to hear. Wanted to buy him anyway because I love the model and he seems very fun to play with his anger issues.
>>
>>48096920
So even if I roll the 11 or 12 I can still say I just want 10 and will only pay the 120? Sweet, bought the Forest Spirit Warhost (my Games Workshop still had one) yesterday and built and painted enough for 1000 points to play my first game today (lost, but was super close and ended with my Treelord Ancient dying to some Skaven Flail Machine that had like 2 wounds left). Didn't want to touch the Branchwyche cause I didn't understand how summoning works with points yet.

How many Wyldwoods should I get? I like the Spirit of Duthu model and the idea of spawning them all over, I got so many kills with using the Treelord Ancient's spell to awaken the forest which then angered them to piss them off more.
>>
>>48096882

both options depends how you want to play
>>
>>48097050
3-4
>>
>>48097083
For the new "competitive" play version?
>>
>>48095620
Can you explain?
>>
>>48091311
Element Games have always been my go to.
>>
>>48097125
A wyldwood is always 2 or more Citadel Woods right? When I played today we weren't sure if I had to place as many woods as I want or just one. If it is always 2 or more, do they have to be near each other and also how does that work with the spirit walk since it says to jump to another Sylvaneth Wyldwood, not Citadel Woods? Would I have to keep track of which ones are grouped?
>>
>>48096714
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Book-ENG

What is this, then? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.
>>
>>48097257
It just contains a bunch of lore, art, and a bunch of scenarios to play. I'm sure it contains the rules that are available free online as well.
>>
Reposting from last thread:

Has anyone noticed how unbalanced some of the path to glory tables are? Just compare Stormcast and Sylvaneth.

Stormcast infantry table all has options for 10 liberators
Mounted is 1: 5 gryph-hounds, 2-5: 2 dracoth riders 6: drakesworn templers.
Hero options are 6 assorted heroes.
General options are: Lord-celestant on foot + 7, drakoth + 6 or stardrake + 5.

Sylvaneth infantry is 1-3: 5 dryads, 4: 5 revenants, 5: 5 spite revenants, 6: 3 kunoth hunters.
Hero is 1-2: branchwraith, 3-4 branchwych, 5-6 treelord.
General options are wraith/wych + 6 or Treelord anchient/durthu + 4

Am I missing something? I was really looking forward to path to glory with sylvaneth but the tables are just insulting. 5 drayds really? Forces can consistantly be 2k points of stormcast to 800 points of sylvaneth off the bat.
>>
Daemons/Bloodbound list. Thoughts?

15 Bloodletters
15 Bloodletters
Skullmaster
Skull Cannon
Aspiring Deathbringer w/ Skullhammer
-Daemonic Weapon relic
Skullreapers
Soul Grinder

980pts

Mostly based on the start collecting box. Probably gonna add more cannons to the unit (can go to 3) and may get another 10 letters for two units of 20.
Grinder is there because I just really like the model and wanna use it, may swap it for, like, another unit of Reapers and some Blood Warriors.
>>
>>48097365
Might do Runeblade + Spiteful destroyer on the DB instead.
>>
>>48097257

"Included are Warscrolls for the following featured forces - Stormcast Eternals, Khorne Bloodbound and Sylvaneth, and Warscroll Battalions which provide special abilities and conditions for groups of warriors.

This full-colour, hardback 264-page book also contains a treasure trove of stories from the Realms, incredible new artwork, gloriously photographed miniatures, colour schemes and heraldries - it’s a true must-have purchase for those who want to get the most out of their copy of Warhammer Age of Sigmar!"

That book is a way to give GW more money than they deserve.
>>
>>48095515
I'm pretty sure you can't take an artifact and a treasure.
>>
>>48097524
BUT RULES ARE FREE GUYS*!

*except when they aren't.
>>
>>48097572
Free to play games have been a thing for how long? They aren't really free.
>>
>>48097524
So I'd be better off just buying the Warscrolls for an army I'm interested in, then, is what you're saying?
>>
>>48098625
Warscrolls are free online. Battletomes are more of what you're looking for.

I'd suggest starting with the warscroll, as they're, you know, free, and will give you an idea if this game is for you.
>>
>>48090840
>Go onto Ebay to buy look for cheaper miniatures than the GW shop itself
>Sure, it hurts the FLGS, but Its 30 mins away, and nobody plays AoS there
>Look at the prices
>Mfw they are MORE expensive than just buying off of the GW site

What the fuck happened here? This is bonkers. All I wanted to do was buy some Warriors of Chaos, but everything on Ebay is either not the models I want, is pre-painted commission work, or is the exact same price as the normal game! This is ridiculous. If this is the case, I might actually go to my FLGS to buy them.
>>
>>48097226
Any help?
>>
I feel kinda bad for Wood Elves. All the interesting lore and models ran off to become Sylvaneth,
>>
>>48098945
I think it's people trying to scam people on the price ever since WHFB died. Two years ago I could get good deals.
>>
>>48099332
I for one welcome our new thigh overlord. It makes it easy for me to play a nature themed army without having to buy a bunch of elves.
>>
So tell me, what's a good place to look for basing supplies?
>>
>>48099360
I just use Galeforce 9 and Army Painter products for all my basing needs.
>>
>>48099332
nothing stops you to play a mixed force and still get te best of them. If you play open, you can always ask your opponent to let your(sylvaneth)general use their traits and spells too.
>>
>>48098945
>why is no one willing to take a loss so that I can get cheap shit

AOS essentially means that most people can have 5-6 armies with ease, all those ebay deals get snapped up real quick.
>yfw stormcast players happy as fuck
>>
>>48098945
if you want discounted prices, online retailers are more consistent than ebay

I still buy at the FLGS because they're good people
>>
>>48099340
Well in that case, know any place I can buy good Warriors of Chaos stand ins? I was mainly looking for the basic WoC regiment models, but it seems those are all going for 40$
>>
>>48099588
I, unfortunately, live in the US of A, so online retailers are a no go thanks to GW efforts. I have to call the people up, and go through another ordeal so as to buy anything.
>>
>>48099355
Yea, now instead of having to play all of those tree-hugging Elves you just play one Giant elf and her favorite Trees!
>>
>>48099591
Not plastic sprue ones. I know Avatar of War makes some not-Chaos Warriors that I think are made out some kind of resin.
>>
>>48099565
Must be; I didnt know that AoS had such a big player base. Oh well, I honestly only wanted to pick up a Warriors box and a Exalted hero. The rest I can just use other miniatures for.
>>
>>48099658
A giant elf that doesn't look like an ugly alien. It's a dream come true!
>>
>>48099708
I checked Avatars of War, and unfortunately, it seems they are all either nurgle based, or look more like marauders than warriors
>>
I'm wondering how much room there'll be in Sylvaneth for your own army fluff. The angry trees are a bit hard to relate to.
>>
>>48099658
>take thigh monster and trees
>use witch elves as wardancers
>DE sorceress for spellweaver
>death hag/hellebron for shadowdancer
Can't really think of a good unit of archers for waywatchers, though. Shadow Warriors would be closest but they'd need some converting.

Witch elf wardancers with woad is an enticing idea. I might pick some up as allies for my lizards

>>48099857
it's a low hanging fruit, but basing your army on different kinds of real-life trees and how they change during the seasons would be the obvious thematic choice. Treemen and likely the kurnoths/dryads as well would probably look good with some clump foliage on their branches.
>>
Is it just that Sylvaneth is getting released or does it feel like 50% of players play Sylvaneth right now? I thought they were a fairly mid to low played army.
>>
>>48099767
Guess you're stuck with your current prices then. I think with the death of Warhammer, speculators are watching ebay deals like a hawk.
>>
For how much nuance they actually have, the Stormcast battletome is boring as hell to read. It's pretty much a Space Marine codex instead of emphasizing the distinct character of the army.
>>
>>48099936
Everyone wants to play AoS in general right now. Sylvaneth have always been a decently popular theme (many people played them when they only had 2 kits).

It feels like that in my local area too, everyone is getting distracted by the shiny new kits which is only gonna add to the like 3:1 popularity of order:chaos in my area. I'm betting most either won't bring them in to play consistently or get bored of them fairly quickly when all they can find are mirror matches.
>>
>>48099936
They're basically the big thing right now: They just got 5 brand new kits, and 7 new units. Add to this, a whole entire campaign dedicated to them and a new army book. And this is already a compliment to a solid range. Now, lets look at their total army options:

Dyrads
Treekin
Treelord
Branchwraith
BranchWych
Spirit of Durthu
Kurnoth Hunters
Spite Revenants
Spirit Revenants
Arael
Drycha
Alarielle

And thats almost a entire plastic range, and are all rather current.
>>
>>48099936
There is always excitement and buzz surrounding a new set of releases, it was the same during the ironjawz and fyreslayers (although it was mostly negative for that one)
>>
>>48100014
>>48099936
Treemonic legions were pretty bad ass and GW nerfing them because "wood elves are supposed to be about elves" pissed off a lot of people.
It's difficult to imagine how much better 8th would have been if dryads had stayed S4 in the eight edition wood elves book.
>>
Does anyone know how to order miniatures from Mom's miniatures? They have some nice Warriors of Chaos, but the whole page is in spanish
>>
>>48100109
What happened in the 8th ed wood elves book? I wasn't playing fantasy at the time.
>>
>>48100171
Wood elves used to be able to make entire armies out of treemen, treekin and dryads.
Drayds used to be S4 and skirmishers, making the "treemonic legion" playable, named such because they had situational 5+ ward saves like demons.
In 8th ed the developers had a sperg fit over all tree armies, because they were bad wrong fun and intentionally nerfed tree units to make entire armies of them unplayable.
>>
How balanced is AoS? Especially now with the three rules of 1? Is the power gap anything as bad as 40k?
>>
>>48100298
It's not balanced at all, you should be playing scenarios as the default game is a bag of warm shit.

Second edition AOS should be pretty interesting though.
>yfw they might even switch to D8s by then
>tfw you know they wont.
>>
>>48100325
>>yfw they might even switch to D8s by then

Honestly it would fit the setting, what with there being Eight realms and Eight winds of magic and all.

It would allow for a lot more variance in stat lines too.
>>
>>48100298

>>48100325 has no idea wtf he's talking about. Everyone who has played with points has thought it to be relatively balanced and battalions cost points so there's not super free stuff like 40k. The 6 scenarios in the handbook are all pretty fair and far ahead of any of the narrative realmgate ones.

The most imbalance you'll find will come from matchups, I played a game this weekend with 2 hellcannons in a scenario where my opponent couldn't kill them and the scenario was about heros surviving, and I killed all their heroes by turn 4.
>>
My friends and I recently got into sigmar, and having not played before, are putting together ragtag armies.
mine currently stands at:
1 lord of plagues
5 putrid blightkings
two squads of 3 nurgling swarms

and i have on the way from forgeworld the nurgle summoner, his retarded dog hybrid thing, and three plague toads.

will these units hold their own against an equally costed army in something like dwarves or lizardmen? what are my weaknesses? we dont really play enough for me to test it out too often.
>>
>>48099936
Seems to me like Chaos in some form is by far the majority. I haven't seen any ork players.
>>
>>48100442
What benefit would this actually be? The small benefit of statistical variance doesn't seem worth the massive shift of players now needing a ton of D8s.
>>
>>48100904
Broader range for balance purposes.

>AOS players suddenly needing dice
That's not going to stop GW, anon.
>>
>>48100644
This anon doesn't know what he's talking about.

Everyone who has played AOS cannot help but admit that it's obviously far from fleshed out.
>>
>>48101489
How is that an argument for the game being imbalanced?
>>
>>48101529
Lack of development has left the game unbalanced.
>>
File: sad.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sad.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>lizard fags faces when they realize that stormfiends are a battle line unit
>>
sup guys

http://www.strawpoll.me/10660498
>>
>>48100811
Are you just using your Daemons from 40k? Or did you just pick them up? Im not sure how this works.
>>
>>48101680
For a first army, orruks would be easier to paint and collect. Skaven is a little more difficult in that the models are smaller and you will generally need a lot more of them.
>>
Are Chaos Ogres done and gone? Can't seem to find points costs for them.
>>
Are goatfags a viable army or would I get tabled?
>>
>>48101758
thunderscorne
>>
Since Sylvaneth Wyldwoods are multiple Citadel Woods, if the enemy uses a magic near one base and the wyldwood awakens, are models in the other base also hit?
>>
>>48101680
Here's a idea for a Ork warboss:

Lord Gutrukka Holeslippa, scourge of the Skaven, and terror of the Duradin, is a fearsome warlord of the realm of Shadows, but is known to be seen in every realm execpt Azyr. Embodying the morky tactic of "Hit em' when theyz not lookin' ", Gutrukka is a master of popping into combat from the most unexpected of places. Some claim, especially among the hordes of fellow Orcs, that Gorkamorka himself plucks the sneaky boss from where ever he's at, and puts him wherever they think he'll do the most damage. However, only Gutrukka and his Shivva Boyz know the tricky truth of his movements: After smashing up a failed Eshin assassination, Gutrukka discovered a way into the extensive Gnaw Tunnels, the secret to the Skavens success. From there, he has killed so many skaven in his one man rampage, that he has crafted himself a cape made of Skaven tails, and uses the cut off horns of a Verminlord as twin weapons, he's named Shanka and Shivva. Feared fourth by all skaven, behind only Archaeon, The Horned Rat, and the dreaded Seraphon, Gutrukka strikes fear in all but the most demented of Skaven
>>
>>48101787
That's Dragon Ogres, not Chaos Ogres.

>>48101758
Yes. So are Chaos Trolls, though both have points costs somewhere in the GH. The leaks are pretty grainy, so you just need to look harder.
>>
>arch warlock
>rattling gun
>stormfriend
>abomination
>warplightning cannon

1k points, should be able to bust up most things with all those mortal wounds.
>>
>>48102042

Doesn't have enough battleline units I think.
>>
>>48102080
You need two battle line units for 1k?

Shit,
>>
>>48102042
Get some Globadiers. They're Battleline and cheap, so that should be easy (except for the fact that they're made of "Fine"cast).
>>
>>48102108
Yeah that'll be the plan, I actually already own enough metal globadiers and their rules aren't terrible.
>>
File: boo.gif (24 KB, 274x200) Image search: [Google]
boo.gif
24 KB, 274x200
Am i being a tightass that i'm not buying the gerneral's handbook or any painting guide because they aren't hardback?
Softbacks seem never to last long, and i'd rather read pdfs until a more durable option is around
>>
>>48101731
i got sigmar-specific heralds of nurgle models, playing them as what they say on their battlescrolls
>>
>>48102319
use your hobbying skills to make a cover with plasticard and save yourself the $60 gw would charge you
>>
>>48102319
Eh, I get your point, and if they were 50$ books I'd be more on board with your train of thought, but at 30$ the usefulness of the General's Handbook seems worth the cost as a softback.
>>
Back in the days of Warhammer Fantasy Battles, there was always a desire to build a Wood Elf army that was heavy on tree-people with archer backup. And now these new Sylvaneth models are coming and they give me wood.

I haven't paid a lot of attention to AoS, but I hear that points costs have arrived. Do normal Wood Elves still exist in the setting to mix into the new Sylvaneth? I have horribly tempted.
>>
>>48102779
Yes, Wood elves have points and rules, just be aware that Wood Elves will never get proper support again from GW, what you have is what you have.
>>
>>48102834
>just be aware that Wood Elves will never get proper support again from GW,
This is untrue. The subfactions remaining on the webstore will eventually get at least a battletome, if not some more models. The story just hasnt gotten to them yet.
>>
>>48102865
They are not a subfaction of order in the Generals Handbook, they are in the back compendium along with tomb kings, Brettonians, and most dead named characters.

The older models that will still be receiving support are the ones in the alliances, THEY will probably get battletomes in the future, not the compendium stuff... that stuff has what is has and thats all.
>>
>>48102865
I find it highly unlikely that all of the current Order subfactions will get a battletome. I'm pretty sure they'll make some for the wanderers since it's one of the bigger ones but I really don't see shit like 'lion rangers' and 'order draconis' get a battletome.
>>
>>48102982
>They are not a subfaction of order in the Generals Handbook
They are. They're called Wanderers, dumbnut.
>>
>>48102982
wood elves are now wanderers. They got their own chapter in the order battletome
>>
>>48090840
Alright /AoSg/, this is my first time posting in this general, and next week is my first game of AoS. Basically, I've never played WHFB, but since my friends picked up the game, they've convinced me to try it out as well and participate in their campaign tomorrow. They said they would also let me proxy any miniature I want, so long as it fit. So, after browsing the app, and the little bit of lore on it, I present the Clockweld army:

10 Freeguild Guard/w Militia weapons (Proxyed by Cyriss Reductors)
10 Freeguild Riflemen (Dark Vengence Cultists/w guns)
1 Helstrom Missile Launcher
1 Volley gun
(Both proxied by Mitigators)
5 StormCast Decimators (Proxied, ironically enough, by Cyriss Decimators)
1 Gun Master (Proxied by Skitarii/w Arquebus)
1 Luminark of Hysh(Proxied by Skitarii DuneCrawler)
2 Battle Mage (Proxied by Cyriss Transverse enumenators)
1 Lord Celestant (Proxied by Cyriss Cipher)

How does this fair as a army?
>>
Looking like moulder will get giant rats as a battleline is they have the allegience.

So I got the start collecting pestlin box, I'm assuming I should make those extra rats giant ones? Or rat swarms?
>>
>>48101962
Looked over the photos of the points a couple times. I'm guessing they're not there. Goodnight, fat princes...
>>
>>48103559
>Chaos Ogres 3-12 120
>Chaos Trolls 3-12 180
You did check Warriors of Chaos in the Compendium section right?
>>
I feel like AoS players can't fucking read because in addition to a ton of forgetting rules from a 4 page rulebook people can't figure out how the points listings work. I had a guy at my local GW say he can't find Glade guard when they were the fist thing under wanderers, and the hellcannons when it was the first thing under warriors of chaos. The compendium units are understandable but everything else is right there. At least your units have points, chaos dwarfs are back to being "not a real army"
>>
>>48103860
No units has points because the book isn't out yet. Can you at least stop your bitching until the book is actually out and see whether or not FW releases a PDF with points or updates the warscrolls with them?
>>
>>48103860
I'm setting scgt*20 for whatever is missing in the handbook for now.
>>
>>48097257
It's the first book released for AoS. It's supposed to be a starting off point. Rumors say to expect something this size after each arc in the storyline, updating the lore and providin some new scenarios and rules.
>>
Once the handbook gets a few months to filter through, what do people think the average army will be "balanced" at?

Seems like no more than 1-2k for tourney or pug sessions
>>
>>48103214
Are there any army building guidelines, points, wounds etc.?

I'd suggest a Celestial Hurricanum instead of the Luminark, the plus one to hit is great for a gunline.

Go for a cannon instead of the Helstrom.

I'm guessing the Lord Celestant is going to be your general? Freeguild generals have a god-tier command ability, so maybe consider one of those instead, but otherwise I'm guessing the Celestant will buff the Decimators, solid enough.

What armies are you likely to face?

Also, your 10 man units will die very quickly. Be ready for them to take a few casualties and the rest to flee from battleshock.
>>
Anyone seen this shared online, yet?
>>
>>48104577

Not yet, but anon promised to up it up as soon as other anon shares his copy of Sylvaneth book from BL.
>>
>>48104495
In general points seem to be worth much less in comparison to 40K. 2000 AOS points feels like 1500-1850 40K points, so I'd assume 2K is what get's played most often.
>>
>>48096882
In theory you roll, but it also says "instead you can simply pick the option you think fits your model best", which I think is an infinitely large step up from 40k's Warlord Trait table, where there was 1 good option in 6 and you had to pray to Lady Luck and Admiral Awesome to actually get that one.
>>
>>48104668
I sincerely hope my playgroup goes with the "pick" option. Random powers and traits can be interesting sometimes and add variety, but it feels bad to not be able to build around a special ability.
>>
>>48097040
The thing to remember with Skarbrand is this: It is very easy and tempting to just view the rest of your army as a backdrop for Skarbrand's carnage, for either player. If you want to actually make him useful, you will need to ham up your antics with Skarbrand but ultimately use him as a big distraction. Yes, he will rip shit apart on his own, but any turn the opponent shoots his ass is a turn he's not attacking your Bloodletters and Skullreapers.
>>
>>48097338
Stardrake gives 5 additional choices? Yeah, okay not okay.
I think you'll need to talk things like this out beforehand, just like Open Play. Yes, one player can bring 4 Stardrakes and 4 Dracoths, but a) who has that and b) who does that?

Always remember, Path to Glory is first and foremost a great introduction for new players as they can slowly assemble an army, starting with a small force and ending with a complete army.

>>48097365
Take a Bloodsecrator. He buffs your Skullreapers and your Bloodletters both.

>>48097542
I didn't. I took a Treasure, a Command Trait and a Deepwood spell.

>>48097572
You so funny, that joke has never been done before. The rules are free you dumb fuck. In fact, any actual core rules in that book are available as a free download on the GW homepage.

>>48099936
There is quite the increase, but Sylvaneth have been pretty popular since the start and now they're getting more love than any other army that's already gotten a Battletome, so do the math.
Also, AoS allows you to build several smaller forces, so having a small force of Sylvaneth is no real problem.
>>
File: adrian-smith-fw-orc-arrerboy.jpg (364 KB, 1877x1920) Image search: [Google]
adrian-smith-fw-orc-arrerboy.jpg
364 KB, 1877x1920
>They're selling collections to accomodate the General's Handbook
>They cost the same as buying the conten individually
That seems kind of pointless to me.
Interesting to me though that one of the packs is an Aelf one. Still wondering if the new Aelf stuff might have command abilities that key of 'Aelf', similar to how Orruks have stuff that keys of 'Orruk'.

Speaking of Orruks, I find it interesting that the Bonesplitterz seem to be splitting the Savage Orruks into savage orruks and savage orruks arrer boyz (and also big stabbas) while they did the exact opposite for the greenskin arrer boyz.
Do you guys think they'll just be the current savage orcs with feral bow option or might they get some new rules as well?
I'm also super stoked to see what those Morboyz and the Wardokk are gonna be.
>>
>>48100811
I really like that army. It doesn't have too many weaknesses either. Everything but the Plague Toads is fairly slow, but Sayl helps with that.

A good old Dwarven gunline will ruin your shit like they ruin most everyone's shit, but if your Blightkings get through it, they'll blend the beardlings. Lizardmen are a bit trickier because like half their army has bonus damage against Chaos, but so long as he's playing Bastiladons in moderation, it should work out.
If you want to add to it, add another box of Blightkings and some Plague Drones.

>>48101643
Yeah, but to make them Battleline you'll have to forgo Packmasters. And since Packmaster + Shock Gauntlets is the most powerful Stormfiend variant...

>>48101815
The entire Wyldwood counts as one scenery model, so yes. Remember also that a Sylvaneth Wizard's spells can also piss the trees off, they just don't attack Sylvaneth. So always keep a Wizard near a Wyldwood for that chance of extra damage.
>>
>>48099857
Rumor has it that the Sylvaneth are fleshed out pretty well in their battletome with different "nations", some sort of army organization and giving character to the different troup types. e.g. Dryads not being the fleshhating madbeasts that they have been portrayed as but instead being forced into battle by the tree lords.
>>
File: gleeful frog from bulgaria.jpg (28 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
gleeful frog from bulgaria.jpg
28 KB, 400x388
>>48104882
Might headcanon my Tree people that they are all NEETs and are forced to be normies and get out to meet people
>GET OUT OF MY FOREST NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48101884
>Holeslippa
H-how lewd!

>>48102042
>>48102108
This does not work at all. The Hellpit destroys your Skryre Allegiance, so neither Stormfiends nor Acolytes are Battleline in that army. If you want to play Skryre and Moulder, you'll have to include Clanrats.

>>48104692
Yeah. Also, after playing a Hero about a dozen times, I know beforehand what Command Trait would suit him best so I shouldn't HAVE to roll anymore.

>>48104869
They've always been doing that though.
>>
>>48104882

Interesting. Hope that is all true.
>>
>>48104871
For the Sylvaneth Wyldwood that also means that Spirit Walk doesn't do anything unless there are two Wyldwoods on board
>>
>>48104912
basically, the way I understand it, the different aspects of the Dryads are now fleshed out as different units. The sadistic creepy monsters? Spite-Revenants. The noble defenders of the forest? Tree-Revenants. Peasants to the nobility that is Treemen? Dryads.
>>
>>48104972
unless they removed that little "remove and set up again in a different Wyldwood" and replaced it with "remove and set up in a Wyldwood", which I think someone has hinted at.

I actually think the whole Spirit Paths rule has been scrapped from the Treelords, because the entire army has this Battle Trait "Navigating the Realmroots" that does basically the same but with a chance you can't do anything after teleporting and a chance you can still move after teleporting. And if the entire rule has been replaced, they might have taken out the different-Wyldwood requirement.

God, I'm hyped for Saturday.
>>
>>48102108
Globadiers are metal.
>>
>>48104528
Seriously! Read the thread
>>
>>48104869
The fact that big stabbas are gonna be their own warscroll sounds like a massive nerf to me. Having 30 Savage Orcs gave you 3 big stabbas and thanks to the way wound allocation works you could keep them going until the very end. With the big stabbas now being their own unit your opponent can take them out directly. Also, unless they get changed 100 pts for 2 sounds pretty damn costly.
>>
>>48104972
>>48105023
Having to buy 4 forest terrain to use a special rule is something i can imagine GW doing to be fair

I hope they just say you can use 1 Wyldwood just to reposition
>>
>>48105567
>Having to buy
make your own forests, bro. Wargaming 101 should include a lesson on making basic hills and forests.

just give it the same footprint as the GW forests and you're golden
>>
We need more pics of Alarielle's cute feet
>>
>>48105664
I'm thinking of those poor anons who only have a GW to play in
You know what they're list - i get dirty looks by bringing my all GW armies in a non GW case
>>
>>48105567
6 Woods.

They changed the Warscroll from 2+ to plain 3.
>>
>>48105688
Not yet
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-scenery-en.pdf
>>
I am surprised that they didn't put in the beetle on its own as a monster. (like with the Zombie dragon/terrorgheist)
>>
>>48105686
Really depends on the manager tbqh. Our manager is a total bro and even lets me paint non-GW figures in store because he knows I drop $60-100 a month there anyway.
>>
>>48105697
Sure.
And there isn't a warscroll for the Spirits of Durthu.

But in five days there is...
>>
File: lube.png (231 KB, 596x412) Image search: [Google]
lube.png
231 KB, 596x412
>>48105757
>mfw going to pick up my Book and Hunters in less than a week
>>
>>48105772
mfw in my country the pre orders are out of stock
>>
>>48105686
This is me, except they allow 10% non gw parts and couldn't give a rat's arse about the packaging. I'm afraid for my skeleboss tho, he's from the celtos line, and so are the skelebros' shields. I've used different heads for IG and got nothing but praise, so I hope all will be well. If not, I'll have to convert something with the necro knight champ's axe.
>>
>>48105790
Damn i looked on GW uk's wesbite
Already 4+ lines/bundles out of stock

I hope my FLGS preorder won't be effected
>>
>>48105772
If I'm buying any sylvaneth it's the hunters with bows, and maybe Alarielle, for my HE collection completionist feels.
>>
>>48105450
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>48105844
I was toying with have 2 sqauds of 3 with bows, but then i realised that i would effectively have no rending melee units in my army
>>
File: 1467508216387.jpg (26 KB, 215x365) Image search: [Google]
1467508216387.jpg
26 KB, 215x365
Okay I haven't been paying attention to this after they added the sigmarines. Do they still got shitty rules like yelling for the lady? And where can I get a quick catch up for the lore?
>>
Thinking about mixing up my black guard with phoenix guard or eternal guard. As a conversion option.

Which one do you think is the best option? All three or just two of them?
>>
>>48106037
Try the pastin links for books and novels.

There is a picture around here that shows the chronological order of the books and novels. Just ask and somebody will post it.
>>
>>48106155
Can I have this pic anon speaks of?
>>
File: 1463731302300.jpg (151 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463731302300.jpg
151 KB, 1000x1000
>>48106239
needs updating though
>>
The sylvaneth models are friggin amazing and have made me seriously consider getting into AoS. How do the Sylvaneth play?
>>
>TREEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48106450
>Diraceth was ushered forwards by the High King. The ancient approached with eyes cast down, his long strides slow and purposeful. Callicaith and a few branchwyches nestled in his limbs. They averted their gaze from the Everqueen.

>‘Look upon me,’ Alarielle instructed. ‘See your queen as she is now.’

>Diraceth looked up, almost flinching. He met her gaze for a moment and then looked away, branches trembling with shame.

>‘I am thankful, bounteous goddess, but unworthy. I have failed you and the Winterleaf clan. But for your miraculous presence the Wrathwaters would be lost forever. Our guard was not strong enough.’

>‘You are not alone in such tribulation, and I do not absolve you of blame. But know this, Leafmaster. Clan Arleath held when others did not. The Wrathwaters, though tainted, remained a part of my domain.’ She held out a hand and stroked his bark, comforting the troubled spirit. ‘You resisted a long time. Long enough.’

>‘Thank you, queen of the forests. Clan Arleath shall repay the debt in whatever fashion is required. We owe our existence to you, mother of hope.’

>‘Mother of hope no more,’ Alarielle replied, her expression turning grim. ‘The avenger, the scourge, the cleansing sun I have become. None failed the Jade Kingdoms more than I, and none has more for which to atone.’

>‘No, my queen, that is not so…’

>‘It was not the lords of the clans that turned back at the very brink of victory. It was not my ancient warriors that lacked the heart to finish what had been begun.’

>Diraceth said nothing, not understanding what she meant. Even he, an age old as he was, could not remember the first wars against Chaos, when the Realm of Life had been wrested from their grip and the sylvaneth first born.
>>
>>48106450
All the new stuff are out on friday, so no one knows, really. Stats are powerful tho.
>>
>>48106470
>Alarielle remembered well enough, and too well the part she failed to play. How could she judge any of her children harshly, who had done more than she to resist the encroachment of Nurgle’s touch, who had battled daily against the incursions of the skaven? While she had slumbered, afraid and spent, her people had died without hope.

>‘I have returned, but I cannot bring hope,’ she told the treelord ancient. ‘We stand upon the brink of oblivion and have only taken a single step from the edge. My return will herald not hope, but war, and suffering on a scale none but the immortals have known. I am strife-bringer, woe-seeder. Look not to me for hope, Diraceth, for I have none.’

>‘Then why…?’

>‘Because we must fight or surrender. Victory is so far away that even I cannot see it, but it is not victory for which we strive at the moment. This is a war to survive, to push back from the precipice, to claw our lands free of the grip of darkness and corruption.’ Alarielle stepped back, her canopy-wings turning to golden streamers behind her. ‘I guarantee nothing, Leafmaster, but bloodshed, misery and death. I am clothed in the light of the sun, but I cast the shadow of the grave. Without hope, without even hope of hope, will you fight beside me?’

>The Leafmaster lowered himself to one knee, a lengthy process accompanied by much creaking and swaying of his branches.

>‘You fight without hope, majestic sunqueen, but I cannot deny mine at your return. In the mire of despair I almost succumbed. With the great lords and ladies of the Royal Glades to stand witness, I swear I will not show such weakness again.’

Alarielle is freaking hardcore.
>>
So do we have a full page scan of the grand alliance order book? want to see all the profiles etc
>>
>>48106481
is this from the short stories?
>>
>>48106513
No full page scan sadly. We got a gallery with all the Battalions
imgur.com/a/nh3os
and one with most of the one page profiles of the subfactions
imgur.com/a/ioFiW
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.