[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
historical help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: painting-david-and-goliath.jpg (403 KB, 787x1024) Image search: [Google]
painting-david-and-goliath.jpg
403 KB, 787x1024
Hey /tg/ im trying to give giants in my setting an ancient Israelite aesthetic.

However all I know is that everyone wore tunics, slings are badass and shepherds were common.

Can an anon help me out?
>>
Did you try reading Bible? Serious question.
>>
>>48089173
If you see a man named Samson, you turn the opposite way and keep running.
>>
File: merchant.png (5 KB, 125x126) Image search: [Google]
merchant.png
5 KB, 125x126
Here's a good template
>>
>>48089191
Not recently, but im more looking for examples of weapons armor, clothing. Lifestyle would be nomadic most likely, though a convincing argument may change that.
>>
>>48089195
If he's holding some kind of animal jawbone, you better run twice as fast.
>>
When they conquer a people they kill the men, subjugate the women and circumcise the boys.
>>
Was Goliath the first space marine?
>>
>>48089195
If you see a man named samson, hope you know how to make blackpowder bombs

>>48090749
>David is a cultist and his master is a Chaos God
I fucking knew it
>>
90% of the time, yer gonna get curbstomped

the other 10% suddenly you can defeat a professional army with nothing but torches, pots, and horns
>>
>>48091003
So, exploding dice?
>>
>>48089173
Go over to the /hwg/ thread and look in the sticky, there should be links to lots of books with information and images on this period (and every other period).
>>
Javalins, slings, composite bows, spears, curved or small straight swords. Breast plates and leather/ wood shields.
>>
>>48089173

>ancient Israelite

But the giants in the narrative were Canaanites.
>>
>>48089173
giant shepherds? What are they herding? Giant sheep or something similar? Or just a shitload of them?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.