[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1467335251981.gif (485 KB, 272x251) Image search: [Google]
1467335251981.gif
485 KB, 272x251
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Akashit Mysteries PDF when? Is this what a veilweaver with 1+ essence in a few veils ends up looking like?

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48052914
>>
I'm going to be running some adventures in the southern fangwood, where i noticed a decent hook is that there's some kind of evil dryad working with demons.

What are some good ways to crossover nature fey and demons? Obviously applying the fiendish template to things can be done but what else could make for some good "nature meets the abyss" type foes? Siabrae? Half-Howlers?

Reposting from end of last thread.
>>
>>48066639
Fungal queens
>>
>Veilweaver

Really want all of that to be finalized so I'll feel safe looking it and thinking up builds. Really enjoyed Incarnum back in the day and I need something to keep me tided over until the Grimoire of Lost Souls is out.
Loving dat Dark Lord's Ring of Essence Binding on my Ring Chakra.
>>
>>48066662
>Grimoire of Lost Souls
what that?
>>
>>48066662
It'll never be safe, because it's bad, and they're being worse than paizo on keeping it bad.
>>
>>48066594
It is alright to kill a PC at suitably-dramatic times. For instance, at the climax of a story-arc where that character would theoretically, be able to have their story "end" there. The Paladin who finally kills the lich-demon-king that destroyed their home city, but at the cost of his own soul being blasted into astral bits? Yeah, that's a fine way for a PC to go. Against a bunch of podunk goblins at level 4? Cut that shit out, son.
>>
>>48066691
But PsyBomb has shown us that you can build pretty decent tier 3 gurus and viziers and tier 4 daevics who can pump out like 1000+ DPR.
>>
>>48066692
No
>>
>>48066689
New Pact Magic book. I missed the kickstarter but it should be done soonish, I hope. Be nice to get more binder shenanigans in at the table.

>>48066691
But.. isn't it safe once they print the physical book? I thought DSP was better about that sort of thing than most.
>>
>>48066701
Bullshit he has. And who cares? Damage doesn't matter.
>>
>>48066750
>Bullshit he has.

Go read the Akashic Mysteries guides for guru and vizier.
>>
File: SpymasterArchetypes01.jpg (1 MB, 4840x3243) Image search: [Google]
SpymasterArchetypes01.jpg
1 MB, 4840x3243
New thread, time to whine that Agathiel is a neat idea that falls just short of actually being something that would be fun to play.

Without just switching to a different class, how would one optimize the Agathiel? Would you homebrew any fixes to make it easier to use and less gimped compared to every other shapeshifting class feature out there?
>>
>>48066571
This is what a veilweaver mech archetype looks like. King, king, kingu gainah
>>
>>48066841
>King, king, kingu gainah
Autism?
>>
>>48066729
>New Pact Magic book
sweet. Never got the chance to use Pact magic, but I've always wanted to

What's your experience with it
>>
>>48066778
Also have a Daevic one up which includes the infamous Wrath Blender, which hit 1200 DPR. Not a fan of DPR Olympics builds, but when I try to break something I go all-out

>>48066750
I have. Team build-breaker and mathematician, at your service (for the next 20 minutes until temple). If you need the brief on how to make good characters in AM, I'm your guy.
>>
Hey /pfg/, since you guys seem to be into Touhou, have you ever thought about how to integrate the bullet curtain into a game?
>>
>>48066594
>>48066692
Any PCs that die to mooks don't deserve he title of heros. This is assuming that the GM isn't actively trying over work the PCs by giving them more encounters per day than they should.
>>
>>48066889
Perfect explanation of why e8 exists. It's excruciatingly painful for the first 5 levels without some extra zesty cheese, then at 10 you have half a dozen methods to break WBL.

That's my experience with it, because I enjoyed the system and found quite a bit of tech.

Otherwise, it can make for a super solid gish or minionmancer.
>>
>>48066893
Y'ever stop to think that maybe a class being able to hit that kind of level of damage is a bad thing?
>>
>>48066893
>>48066974
Maybe Ssalarn should also stop to consider that PoW classes are good because you can build them however you want and tend to NOT suck almost like 4e classes! while veilweavers have fucking mountains of trap options.
>>
>>48066893
How do you make the best use of AM to make a character that Sunders things and focuses on using a Behemoth Blade?
>>
>>48066974
>asking a 3pp dev that
The answer is a mix of ''of COURSE not, they're not casters!" and "REEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>48066990
You should also stop to consider that just because a veil is niche doesn't mean a dedicated veilweaver suffers for starting play with it. They shape their veils daily, remember?
>>
>>48066889
Overall awesome.

The Binder from the offical 3.5 dnd line by WoTC was very solid and full of fluff. Did great things with the third of a book it got and very little support, and was hands down one of my favorite classes.

The later Secrets of Pact Magic books by Dario Nardi were a continuation of the trend. They were not quite as mechanically balanced, with a tendency to stop at 'this idea is cool' instead of continuing onto 'this idea is balanced' but overall still great things to play with. They flesh out a place for Pact Magic in many settings, and do a good bit of world-building along with their mechanics. Was updated for Pathfinder with a major balance overhaul and slight change to better fit into the system and it works very very well with it, though the overhaul also lost a lot of the fluff and character of things.

The new one that I mentioned and am waiting for is a rewrite and update of the Secrets line to Pathfinder, with a fuckton of extra content, all the updates and better mechanics of the old rewrite, and all of the fluff and story of the original. I am very hyped.

I could go into stories about times with Binders in games and so on, but I'm not the fastest typist and I doubt the thread is quite ready to turn into story-time yet.
>>
>>48066974
I argued for trimming it down, but wasn't a part of the team at the time. Consensus of the thread was that if someone sacrifices EVERYTHING for damage (and trust me, the build was worthless for anything else) than absurd damage-only numbers were OK. Not ideal to me, but all things considered not as bad as the RAW NUMBERS suggest.
>>
File: feelmetal alchemist.png (15 KB, 288x429) Image search: [Google]
feelmetal alchemist.png
15 KB, 288x429
>our party's backstory is we all dropped out of some school of higher class learning
>the Brawler was "too tumultuous" for the monk order he trained with and got kicked out
>the Magus is a not!Hogwarts dropout who found a Black Blade

What class would work for someone who flunked out of the Alchademy?
>>
>>48066926
A GM who accidentally sends in mooks with scythes because they look cool and menacing can have a big fuckup in the form of a 4x crit instantly killing a PC. The scythe isn't an overpowered weapon by any means but it's easy for a GM to not understand why rare instakills are okay for PCs to use while being horrible for a the world against them to use.
>>
>>48067008
Casters can leave slots open and have divinations and shit like that.

Veilweavers can't leave slots open and don't have the same kind of divinations.
>>
>>48067030
Mutagen Mauler or mutation warrior.

Or underground chemist.
>>
>>48067030
Someone who measures the severity of an accident by how close it came to hurting himself.
>>
>>48067030
>flunking out of a pleb-tier class
Commoner
>>
File: shaggy.jpg (75 KB, 1024x1125) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.jpg
75 KB, 1024x1125
>>48067030
A Hallucinist Investigator that is truly always high?
>>
>>48066838
I don't think it stacks with any of the other archetypes, so that's right out. Maybe just run it as an unarmed fighter that happens to get Beast Shape abilities? Same way you'd run a Metamorph or Beastmorph Alchemist. A dip into those archetypes might not be too bad either.
>>
>>48066995
I can honestly say I never tried to make a Sunder build, but the best platform for it would probably be an Akasin Guru after level 7 (Crack the Shell lets you apply Gentle Touch to objects). I'd need to look at the veil list again for more than that, on phone right now.

>>48066999
We take all feedback, Anon, and in this case the response is above.

>>48067047
You might be surprised. While they don't directly have the good divination effects (they have some, though), they can push Knowledge extremely hard with a couple of veils, which helps you pre-plan your setup
>>
File: 1413587849291.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1413587849291.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>48067077
>alchemist
>pleb tier
>>
>>48067047
You know what doesn't have daily spell changes? Sorcerers. Wizards, to an extent, in that they need circumstance and a nominal fee to obtain more spells.
You know what can't leave slots open? Sorcerers. Bloodragers.
You know what doesn't have the same kind of divinations? Bloodragers.

The classes have other things that make up for their spellcasting shortcomings, that play into their identity. Just consider that for a bit.
>>
File: this is b8.gif (6 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
this is b8.gif
6 MB, 600x338
>>48067077
>Alchemist
>T3
>pleb-tier
>>
>>48067122
>hurr the response is above
>replies to Sunder
>entirely ignores the problems with damage
W H A T A S U R P R I S E
>>
>>48066974
If it's okay to just win entire adventures with a quarter of your daily spell allotment, it's exactly as okay to do 1600DPR.

The DPR solves far far less things than the other things.
>>
>>48067154
I was referring to >>48067026
>>
>>48067164
>if
It's not, you cuckold.
>>
>>48067164
>fullcasters are ok
kys bby thx ttyl
>>
>>48067122
Knowledge doesn't let you know what the hell you're going up against in today's adventure arc.

>>48067140
Sorcerers have story-warping shit like teleportation and Planar Binding. They're way above veilweavers.

Bloodragers are basically just variant barbarians. Tier 4.
>>
>>48067170
>>48067180
Neither is okay
Both are in the game.
>>
>>48067180
Read the last part of his post, shitlord. Damage solves way less than a spell list. And really, level 20 getting a standing full-attack, they get what they deserve.
>>
>>48067222
>hurrr it's not as bad as a wiserd so igt's all okv pls hel[ 2 many cox in mith choking
This is you. Kill yourself.
>>
File: IwgjZFX.jpg (171 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
IwgjZFX.jpg
171 KB, 500x273
Hello, /pfg/! Are you looking forward to the weekend? Any big plans, in or out-of-game?
>>
Alright, gotta go for now. I'll still note any discussion that happens, just can't respond for a couple of hours.
>>
>>48067211
Shit being broken already isn't an excuse to add more broken shit.
>>
>>48067164
Spells can be stopped. SR exists, saves exist, there's any number of effects that can cancel out spell effects, and then there's good old fashioned immunity to X.

Damage always works.
>>
>>48067269
Gonna sit around and enjoy the chance to be a lazy useless git instead of working my ass off for a change. Vaguely thinking over a character idea for the upcoming Strange Aeons game that a friend is going to run, really psyched for it.
>>
>>48067031
Fair enough if the PC is killed before they can act in combat, but sometimes the dice gods favor the GM and give the middle finger to the players.
And yes an inexperienced GM is not going to be a good GM. Thank you for pointing out the fucking obvious.
>>
>>48067316
>what is damage reduction
>what is immunity to damage types
>what is a zodar
>>
>>48066995
>AM
>Behemoth Blade
What are these?
>>
>>48067316
>incorporeality
>ethereal
>mirror image
>wind wall
>cucks: "damage always works"
What's it like being a martial bitchboy and having to service your owners for buffs and gear?
>>
>>48067269
Mine starts next Friday, but I get to finish up prep this weekend. Got some surprises in store.
>>
>>48067269
Weekend's probably going to be game-light because of the 4th of July, but a new campaign is on the horizon. It's either going to be great or a humongous clusterfuck (or both).
>>
>>48067269
Canceled for this and next weekend because people will be out of town

and after that I'll be in Alaska for 2 weeks
>>
>>48067342
>zodar
What IS a zodar? I'm legit curious.
>>
Hey /pfg/! Been looking around in the books and on the pfsrd, but I can't seem to find any option aside from being a summoner that lets me get an Eidolon buddy.
Are there any?
>>
>>48067316
Damage is the easiest thing to prevent, reduce or otherwise negate.

Most of it by merely existing, OR, surprise surprise, by spells.

Damage only "always works" once it gets into the ridiculously high levels being complained about right here in this thread, and even then only against things not IMMUNE to it.

At that point though you've got so much optimization on the character you could've attained godhood in whatever you're trying to do.
>>
>>48067391
Only the realest OGs.
http://www.lomion.de/cmm/zodar.php
>>
>>48067403
Eidolon specifically? Not really. The Spiritualist gets something similar, and the Homunculist Alchemist gets a familiar that it can apply Eidolon evolutions to. I think that's it unless you go for a pet class like Druid or Hunter.
>>
File: 1446612839146.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1446612839146.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
How is tonight's session going, lads?
>>
>>48067436
Damn, was hoping for a way to have a buddy that could be summoned, sticks around until unsummoned/killed, and can respawn on the 24 hour timer like an eidolon. Debated guardian spirits but they only last a min/level.
>>
>>48067445
It hasn't happened because half my fucking players haven't even come up with a character concept yet.
>>
>>48067345
Akashic Mysteries

http://pastebin.com/7qmWFvnJ
Behemoth Blade
>>
>>48066571
>nobody purged the waifu race cancer from the pastebin

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48067487
>this subhuman started shitting and crying about it instead of doing it himself next thread
If I were such a worthless piece of shit I'd probably commit suicide desu.
>>
>>48067433
Those are pretty badass looking. The "incredible 25 strength" confused me for a second, but then I remembered 2e did stats very differently.
>>
>>48067508
Yeah, they got statted in 3.X too and got immunity to bludgeoning, iirc. Fiend Folio?
>>
>>48067469
Could take the Summoner VMC. Level 7 you get the Eidolon.
>>
File: 3195983.png (229 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
3195983.png
229 KB, 512x384
>>48067445
Everybody has a backstory
Nobody has a reason to team up
I spent 2 gaming hours tossing one proverbial bone after another for them to form a group.

Fuck. My. Life.
>>
File: 2ZdSo1s410kto1_500.jpg (104 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
2ZdSo1s410kto1_500.jpg
104 KB, 500x625
>>48067487
>>
>>48067548
Thought about that, but it says that it's summoned with the Summon Monster sp that it grants, and therefore only sticks around for a min/level.

>>48067550
Most of my games usually start with 'hey, I'm competent, you look competent to, let's handle this shit' for how to get the group together to begin with.
>>
>>48067362
You forgot the best one of all: concealment

Nice crit threat! Shame about that 51%, though...
>>
>>48067487
Very few are even waifu races. Drop the kitsunes, the quarter-dragons and succubi, done.
>>
>>48067656
The only thing we should drop are duplicate attempts at the same race. If you don't want a succubus character, you don't have to click every link you see.
>>
>>48067692
I feel like something we might want to do is have the pastebin link to a Googledoc.

Then people can comment with a link to something they want to add, and people can reply to it with what they think of it.

As opposed to a pastebin which is notably more awkward to update.
>>
>>48067744
>allowing edits
Sounds great, can't wait to correct all y'all's oppressive pronouns.
>>
>>48067762
Unaonymously
>>
>>48067772
I'll be sure to make you guys a nice new throwaway account.
>>
>>48067762
I meant the pastebin linking to a list of links to the actual pages. Y'all ain't fiddling with people's pronouns unless they let you.
>>
>>48063617
In order:

Ruby Lemniscate will be a (setting specific but mechanics can be generified) Martial Discipline meant to interact with Magic. Damaging spells can be cast through Maneuvers, using the Maneuver's saves, one of the early counters grants spell resistance... Think like a more "Arcane" Flavored Supernatural Discipline to Elemental Flux's Elementism.

The reason it's so tied to its setting is because I'm building the class for the setting (which I rebuilt Elf, Dwarf, and Human for, with the settings own take on Warforged, Aasimar, Tieflings, and Hengeyoukai - Chevaliers, Nephilim, Cambions, and Youkai respectively).

Regarding the Fools Errand bar, that's more fluff than balance, with FE basically being the anti-magic discipline (anti as in "does not get along with).

I think most of the crunch can be made to be fairly setting neutral, though.
>>
>>48067824
>Ruby Lemniscate will be a (setting specific but mechanics can be generified) Martial Discipline meant to interact with Magic. Damaging spells can be cast through Maneuvers, using the Maneuver's saves, one of the early counters grants spell resistance... Think like a more "Arcane" Flavored Supernatural Discipline to Elemental Flux's Elementism.
K E K
E K K
K K E
>>
>>48067824
>FE does not get along with magic
Actually it's the 'other' definition of Anti for other initiators and martials more than anything, despite being "against magic"
>>
>>48067824
>Ruby Lemniscate will be a (setting specific but mechanics can be generified) Martial Discipline meant to interact with Magic. Damaging spells can be cast through Maneuvers, using the Maneuver's saves, one of the early counters grants spell resistance... Think like a more "Arcane" Flavored Supernatural Discipline to Elemental Flux's Elementism.

And other new disciplines have been there to shut all that stuff off, all "everything must be as EX as possible" and "supernatural must not work, this counter lets you kill it instantly"

Ruby Leminscate is hard-fucked before it even hits the ground.
>>
>>48067824
It's more of a anti-martial discipline overall. The martial tradition for it even allows mages in. The fluff on it is, iirc, less "we hate mages" and more a bunch of martial arts masters "you know what, this wizard says the only way to do what he did is through self-buffing with magic. FUCK THAT GUY, I'm gonna do it anyway."

Then doing it.
>>
>>48066571
What race/class combo is the OP's picture?
>>
>>48067937
Halfling Agathiel before hitting level 4
>>
>>48067445

Well, we're actually starting the game tomorrow, but we got the party set up today. We all picked fairly silly characters, but hopefully we're in good enough shape to tackle Jade Regent with minimal issue.
>>
So, planning some feats which'll unlock additional BAB improvements or give additional iterative attacks
Good idea or shit idea? Or meh
>>
>>48066644
Alright then, looks like the encounters will be a Fiendish Treant and some Cyth-Vsug worshipping Vegepygmies followed by Fiendish Dryads with Shambling Mounds minions and finish the adventure with a Fungus Queen commanding some weak demons with the fungoid template.

Fungus Queens do seem like pretty awesome monsters, thanks anon.
>>
>>48068211
>Extra iteratives
Well i doubt they will be able to hit with a +10/+5/+0/-5/-10 attack lineup.

I dont know they will either be boring and overpowered or boring and terrible.
>>
>>48068211
Honestly below level 10 the "hurry up BAB for fuck's sake" drive is in feat requirements, and needing to spend feats to speed up other feat requirements sounds like a slippery slope that leads into a steady well paying job as a Paizo developer.
>>
>>48067403
Sphere caster with the Conjuration Sphere, Avante Guard Kineticist, just a few off the top if my head
>>
>>48068211
>additional iterative attacks
Full attack is already the best and most boring option and you want to make it better with extra attacks? That's pretty meh from a game play perspective. From an optimization persective it could range for meh to awesome.
>>
>>48068279
>>48068362
>>48068397
It'd either bump them up to the next BAB tier, or it'd another give attack at their highest BAB value sorta like a speed weapon
The feat can stack with itself
>>
>>48068458
Why?
>>
>>48068458
Will also have other modifiers where the player has more options while attacking/full attacking
Will do more editing, these feats should work well with PoW
>>
>>48068484
BAB is meant to represent combat skill, yeah?
>>
>>48067445
Our aegis died to a giant frog grappling him, then getting pummeled to death by an ogre.
>>
File: af5.jpg (32 KB, 600x470) Image search: [Google]
af5.jpg
32 KB, 600x470
>>48068763
>then getting pummeled to death by an ogre

So he got screwed over by the RAW?
>>
>>48068458
offensive coMbat training
[horrifically overpowered]
You fight like a warrior-born.
Prerequisite: Defensive Combat
Training
Benefit: Your base attack bonus is equal
to your total hit dice.

From Rogue Genius Games.

Not actually all that overpowered, I've used it in several games. Just disallow casters from taking it.
>>
>>48068779
No, with a greatclub and 21 strength.
>>
>>48067878
How so? Could you explain what you mean? Generally want to avoid it falling into uselessness if I can.
>>
>>48068458
Bumping up to the next bab tier, while keeping the hit die the same would be good. Extra attacks at full bab is too good and will just make full attacking a better option than it already is.
>>
File: garen.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
garen.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
How would you stat Garen using Path of War and Paizo material?
>>
>>48068984
Zweihand Sentinel?
>>
>>48068984
What else does he do besides spin2win? I forget.
>>
>>48069088
Can hit someone to silence them, can temporarily reduce damage and gain more armor and magic resist as the game goes on, and can smite people for massive damage, doing more damage the closer to death they are.
>>
>>48069088
He uses Martial Charge and Rising Zenith Strike a lot. And that's about it.
>>
>>48068984
>>48069042
>>48069088
I think he has a self-heal, and his ult executes enemies (more damage the lower HP they are).

Zweihander Sentinel with lots of Scarlet Throne is perfect for both the spins and executes.
>>
>>48068984
>that body vs head proportion
>>
File: Imperial_Fists_Centurion.png (424 KB, 405x423) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Fists_Centurion.png
424 KB, 405x423
>>48069131

What about it?
>>
>>48068984
Bush camper
>>
>>48068842
Ogres only have 21 strength?
Huh
I know some PCs stronger than an ogre and smarter than your average Empyreal Lord.
>>
File: 1466746203686.jpg (335 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
1466746203686.jpg
335 KB, 1280x1811
So I'm starting in a new campaign next weekend and that means new characters. I've decided to step away from my usual full casters and try to have fun with a martial build. My question is, is a one-handed duelist viable or is it just going to lag so far behind TWF and THF that it won't be any fun?

DM is reasonable so PoW and PoW:E are encouraged.
>>
Hi /pfg/! Time ago I asked you if I was gonna be a douchebag for putting BBEG lieutenants using manuveurs in a 1pp only, and the result was "only if you let them learn some, after defeating them".

Now I'm about to do the character building, but I'm still unfamiliar with the whole mechanic. Is there any particularly strong lore, explanation or flavor behind the various trees? Can a character be strong enough to oppose PCs with a single specialized tree? Are the various manuveurs locked behind the "necessary weapon" rule (aka, should I give enemies the manuveurs that my players can use, or just a grab-bag of them all?)? And, what's your personal favorite?
>>
>>48068839
>>48068887
Thanks brahs, I'll see what could be achieved (and yeah, full casters would be barred from taking this feat)
Thinking this would be a combat proficiency as well as a feat, and would be able to stack with itself multiple times
>>
>>48069656
One-handed dualist are not only viable, but supported.

Go Scarlet Throne primarily, heavy on the sense motive (Stalker would be a good idea).

Stack as many static bonuses as you can, collision weapons, power attack, there are feats in PoW for dex to damage. You may also want to take a style feat, probably for Scarlet Throne.
>>
>>48069656

I think Scarlet Einhander Style is supposed to make it work pretty well, but I haven't looked very closely into that sort of thing.
>>
>>48069656
The Landsknecht PrC can bump one handed duelist style pretty well, though over all it is not the best PrC.
>>
>>48069771
Doesn't it just give you the things two-handers already have? What happened to enhancing a style's uniqueness?
>>
>>48069714
The feat is literally infront of you.
>>
>>48069870

Here is the playtest version of Landsknecht: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14EfP9e8WfQG19MEYJ7Ts-fN5e-w1HrCgPHTfAnI5B68/edit

Scarlet Throne Style feats here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EPARqt5jpie03MIXStgFrNK_si6g218bjT4TFbcizPY/edit

You tell me if it's unique compared to two-handers.
>>
So for the Promethean Alchemists Homunculus Companion, does it count as a familiar, cohort, animal companion, or in some odd grey area for the purpose of feats and abilities that let you alter and buff your familiar/animal companion etc?
>>
>>48069870
Are you a martial?

Yes?

Then you have two options. Range combat (Archery, specifically) or 2h melee. Anything else can fuck off, it's worthless.
>>
>>48069967
>Stance of Assured Victory
Someone was watching a little Fate Stay/Night while drafting
>>
>>48069714
I homebrewed an alternative TWF feat chain, if you'd like to take a gander.
>>
>>48069967
Also

>In addition, whenever an enemy within 30 ft. of the landsknecht attacks an ally, they provoke an attack of opportunity from any other ally within 30 ft. of the landsknecht. The ally making the attack of opportunity does not need to threaten the enemy in order to make this attack of opportunity.

So they...make melee attacks at range? Can throw/fire their weapons? Can walk up and attack?

>>48070160
free male geese are always good
but otherwise, do you have a link?
>>
>>48069656
Take the Polymath Investigator archetype. Dip 1 level of Inspired Blade Swashbuckler at first (getting weapon Finesse, weapon focus, and parry/riposte for free).

Proceed to be the best duelist.
>>
>>48070181

I think the intention is for ranged allies to get into the AoO game.

Melee people would not be able to AoO if they couldn't reach the person, but they could if, say, they used an unarmed strike without IUS.

>>48070158

Yep!
>>
>>48070219
>>48070181
It's still an attack of opportunity and requires it meet the rules of attacks of opportunity. Just, y'know, anyone who has the reach (such as a highly-buffed warrior with a polearm) can take the attack.
>>
>>48070158
>Someone was watching a little Fate Stay/Night while drafting

What does that stance have to do with Fate?
>>
File: necrodance.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
necrodance.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>>48070181
This was made to be strictly better than the current TWF chain, but I think it works fairly well for higher-powered games.
http://pastebin.com/pxbgu6AZ

the multiple-extra-limbs bit is for characters with more than two arms/tentacles/claws/etc. to attack with
>>
>>48070247
The name of Excalibur in the series is the Sword of Promised Victory.
>>
>>48070309
Yes, because that's such a recognizable and iconic phrase.
>>
>>48070325
If you think the DSP guys don't draw inspiration from anime for their Path of War stuff, I don't know what to say to you.
>>
>>48070298
Sorry to break it to you, but the second feat is literally nonfunctional, because the first triggers on an attack action and not a full-attack action.
>>
>>48070298
TWF needs a slight wording change, it needs to be clearer that you are making a second attack when you use the standard-action attack action.

ITWF needs to be clearer that you are not applying it to the feat 'two weapon fighting', but when you are fighting with a weapon in both hands.

GTWF needs a bit of rewording. 'No penalties' is a pretty wide phrase, as it can cover a ton of conditions and things applied to the fighter.
Other than that, I like it. My only complaints are phrasing, which so no real issues content wise.
>>
>>48069656
Half-elf scarlet throne stalker can maim like a motherfucker with an estoc. Swap Skill Focus for Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Estoc), take the Killer's Implement and Critical Edge arts, and keen your weapon as soon as possible. Trait into Scarlet Throne (swap out Solar Wind), Martial Tradition into Mithral Current (swap out Thrashing Dragon), laugh as you proc Deadly Strike every single fight with your 14-20/x2 crits.
>>
>>48070333
I'm saying it's so generic a name you can't just go 'hurrr it's from THIS'
>>
>>48070333
Yeah really
>Sleeping Goddess' 9th

Forrest is weeb as fuck and it's great. The avant guard is my favorite DSP class at this point.
>>
>>48070384
No stalker talent on Scarlet Throne for the benefits?
>>
>making Ordained Defender/Zweihander Sentinel
>choice of Inquisition or Blessing

What the fuck do I take /pfg/? Glory looks good but I don't know which ones are actually worth it.
>>
>>48070403
Alignment blessings are good, I hear.
>>
>>48070359
Wording is definitely my issue. I'd be an awful lawyer.

>>48070383
Thanks, I'll make those changes asap.
>>
>>48070395
Doesn't Forrest not even watch anime though? I think I remember something like that from the irc chats.
>>
>>48070390
Meh, I obviously don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>48069656
>>48070384
>>48070400
The stalker talent I mentioned, by the way, is Lord of War, in Path of War Expanded (same book as Killer's Implements), and it gives you either Scarlet Throne or Piercing Thunder as a class discipline, plus +2 competence to the discipline's skill.
>>
>>48070422
Forrest watches anime, but has not always watched the anime folks assume a given feature is a reference for. For instance, she's never watched or read JoJo.
>>
>>48070438
That's pretty good, but would delay early acquisition of Killer's Implements (two feats, plus a scaling expansion of weapons it applies to) for one and a half feats (martial discipline focus feat + unorthodox method trait) or one feat and one tradition.

I mean, it's up to the guy to do it how he likes, but my thought is what I suggested here >>48070384
>>
>>48070412
>free-ish Holy Weapon to hand out
>summon good outsiders
Considering my theme is basically paladin-but-not, that seems like a really good choice.

. . . a thought occurred to me; is there any way to use a martial strike for an AoO? I looked at Silver Crane Spiral's text, and the thought of using it combined with defensive perimeter makes me feel funny in my pants.
>>
File: u-umm.gif (301 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
u-umm.gif
301 KB, 350x464
>>48070383
>>48070359
http://pastebin.com/YRhbQruf
This look better?
>>
>>48070466
well the guy who made Psionics Augmented: Soulknife is definitely a closet weeb because the entire updates to the blade skills and the psyarm are all subtle love letters to Fate Stay Night
>>
>>48070491
There is a way, but it requires 18 levels in Harbinger.
>>
>>48070559
Are you aware that 'many floating weapons' is not a fucking original concept?
>>
>>48070466
>hasn't watched JoJo
>made the best JoJo class in pathfinder

um. What?
>>
>>48070568
The PsyArm's panoply eruption and panoply barrage however, was pretty much how you'd stat UBW.
>>
File: hajime-no-ippo-dempsey-roll-o.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
hajime-no-ippo-dempsey-roll-o.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>48070510
That looks very clear.

It does make the GTWF feat a little underwhelming, especially since the ITWF was so good.

If this is supposed to be a little more high-powered, why not try something that makes subsequent attacks more powerful?

Like if you hit with an attack, the next attack has a bonus to hit. If you hit with the next attack, the next attack has an increased bonus to hit and damage. The next attack has a bonus to hit on critical confirmation rolls, or a higher multiplier. If you miss, you reset the bonuses, they don't carry over between turns and only when full-round attacking.
>>
>>48070582
You heard me.
>>
>>48070567
Ah well. Harbinger archetype with defensive focus when?
>>
>>48070466
Pretty sure Forrest has some pretty solid knowledge on JoJo.

It's not like she was in the IRC trying to decide how to make the not!Stands not sound too much like stands, while everyone else was trying to come up with acceptable Stand names...
>>
>>48070592
Meant an increased threat range, and then confirmation, and then multiplier. Be careful with the bonuses to hit, might make it too easy.

All examples of course, but you get the idea. Press the advantage, push them into your next hit.
>>
File: 1463712797003.gif (598 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1463712797003.gif
598 KB, 500x277
>>48070591
>Throw lots of floating weapons at once is an original concept

Mmmmhm.
>>
>>48070614
Yeah I'd imagine hanging out with us it's pretty much impossible to not have solid knowledge, even if you've never seen the show.
>>
>>48070591
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/3rd-party-spells/ascension-games/field-of-blades

I mean, there's this, soooo...
>>
It's a low level game and my players hatched a scheme to steal the famous family jewels of a noble house during a wedding. I'd like to throw in an enchantment on the jewels as a fun surprise.

What cool effects might they have?
>>
>>48070592
Two-Weapon Fighting: Whenever you make an attack or a full attack, you may attack with a weapon in your offhand. All attacks made this round suffer a -2 penalty. All normal rules regarding weapon sizes apply.

Improved Two-weapon fighting: When you make a full attack, you may make a second attack with your off-hand weapon. Every attack you make gains a +1 bonus to-hit for every previous attack that hit.

Greater two-weapon fighting: Whenever you make a full attack, you may make a third attack with your offhand weapon. Every attack you make gains a +1 bonus to damage for every previous attack that hit.

Something like that?
>>
>>48070651

They turn you into a physical duplicate of the princess. It's meant to be used to create body doubles.
>>
not really related to the game so much but has anyone heard anything what's next for the comic after Hollow Mountain?
>>
>>48070636
Yeah, it saddens me that that spell didn't get ported into an appropriate panoply blade skill.
>>
>>48070651
genderswap

I-I m-mean, something that reveals their inner insecurities as a character. Like it makes the antipaladin speak the truth about why he's such a bully, or the paladin admit that he is constantly tempted.
>>
>>48070668
People read the comics?
>>
>>48070680

I do. There no fells five but they're fun.
>>
>>48070654
Are you the author still?

That's a pretty huge shift from your original work, where the bonus off hand attacks (of which there are far more than three), scaled off BAB, not feat level.

Again, I would avoid scaling the to-hit bit too far, and focus on peripheral stuff to make it more interesting. Using these feats essentially precludes them from using PoW or vital strike, etc, so it may as well be interesting.

The original multi-arm guy can get off 9 attacks. That's a lot of random dice rolling at that point. If my characters hit 9 attacks in a row (even if they do have brilliant energy weapons), I think they should really feel that.
>>
>>48070666
I already told them it's something that gets passed down the line so the jewels have already been worn by lots of different noble ladies. Also it's just a noble house, not a royal house. There's no princess.

>>48070672
But that's mean anon. I didn't mean it should be cursed. Why would the nobles cherish cursed jewels?
>>
>>48070614
Those conversations happened well after she learned what she'd inadvertently created and decided to embrace it.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (21 KB, 155x265) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
21 KB, 155x265
>>48070592
>>48070615
That's not a bad idea, but it's complex enough to get its own feat (or feats), in my opinion. I'd intended GTWF to be, essentially, "no more penalties for using multiple weapons" to encourage not needing to take it. Hell, I'm not even sure about the off-hand to-hit bonuses for their scale, and might make them drop two levels instead of one (no effective difference from primary hand until BAB+16, where it'd be +16/+11/+6/+6).

I also wanted to sort of tease the availability of Two-Weapon Rend, which opens up at the same BAB (feats aside). Then again, if GTWF is that utterly pointless to grab, then it's not much of a decision.

Ah shit, just realized I should put in a note about Haste and similar effects not adding an off-hand attack. Not sure if that's totally required for Haste/speed weapon/etc. RAW, though.
>>
>>48070710
No, not the author. I just think the idea of a sort of 'battle rhythm' effect for TWF would make it better. You'd never overcome the penalties with those suggested bonuses, but it would be a better choice for people without something like sneak attack.
>>
>>48070716
>Why would the nobles cherish cursed jewels?
It blesses people of the noble bloodlines, and curses peasants who carry them.

>>48070672
More cruel: GENDER swap, without the normally-associated sex change to go with it. Just fuck someone right up mentally.
>>
>>48070716
I assumed it was a trap. Meant for ornamentation, but not to be used.

SHAME THE THIEF

>>48070734
Sure, and I understand why, but generally speaking a +11 BAB three-feat-prereq is better than functionally a +2 bonus (which is actually just mitigating a -2 penalty for choosing that fighting style)

>>48070759
The Family Jewels (without getting the family jewels to go along with it)

The Royal Stones of Gender Dysphoria.
>>
>>48070779
What should I tweak about GTWF to make it more viable? Scrap the 'special' tag and stipulation for the bonus off-hand attack?
>>
>>48070779
>>48070759
Stealing those jewels is a serious task that is basically the center of the story right now. They've already put in lots of resources, effort, and roleplay planning it. Feels kind of shitty to wait till the end of it only to be like HA HA! They were cursed all along!

/pfg/ isn't full of asshole gm's... is it?
>>
>>48070825
no, it's just that gender bender and exploring it is my group's collective magical realm and it's bleeding over to my advice.
>>
>>48070825
The jewels are actually the summoning stone for an ancient construct that teleports in when their holder is in grave danger.
>>
>>48070809
The special tag did seem a bit off considering the multi-armed fighters already get a bonus attack for having multiple arms off the ITWF.

It's up to you, man. What do you want it to accomplish? To give some sensation of accomplishment at that level for completing a core feat tree. The sensation in combat?
>>
>>48070825
You might consider putting a constant AoE Detect Thoughts enchantment, or something similar to encourage party interaction in the midst of trying to escape with the jewels.
>>
>>48070825
Do you want it to be magically enchanted for positive use, then?

The ability to cast Command, or Dominate Person? How powerful? Overwhelming Presence 1/day?

What's the history? Why would they lock them away and not use them? Draw too much attention or was it underwhelming? Did they not know?
The answer is already in your story based on the reasoning and backstory.
>>
>>48070854
Well, my base concept was "TWF is like a shitty blender. What if it was a decent blender?"

Then I started thinking about multiweapon fighting and its absolutely awful, solo feat, and tacked that on for more blenderizing action.

I think I'll take that tag off and see how it goes, the only real downside I can see (that's not really a downside, I guess) is that, specifically, Killer's Implements would hand over an extra attack and mitigate TWF penalties at 6th level, assuming a TWF stalker.
OTOH, one single class feature specific to a class isn't justification for not making a thing available.

Unless there's at least two other sources of "next level of TWF for free!" that I'm unaware of...
>>
>>48070874
Well they're only around level 3 but I'm okay with giving them something way above level if it's fun. The story with the jewels is that they are really old and well known. The family keeps them locked away most of the time for that reason, cause everyone knows they are worth a fortune and the players are not the first thieves to try and get them. The house isn't that wealthy otherwise, so like, if those jewels got stolen they would be hurting badly. They take them out for special occasions though, such as a wedding, hence the players scheme.

The main thing about the jewels is their value in gold, but I just thought it might be fun if there's some other effect that benefits the family that is a carefully guarded secret. Having trouble of thinking of what though.
>>
>>48070897
Hmm. You like Two-Weapon rend, right?

What about GTWF allowing you to, if you hit, you can sacrifice one of your later off-hand attacks that round (you never get to take it) to add the bonus damage from rend instead?

It would require Rend as a pre-req feat, but would allow some cross-slashing action. You can do this more than once per round, sacrificing an off-hand attack each time and only once per successful main-hand attack.
>>
>>48070852
This. And make it a mecha. The jewels are actually car keys, but the mecha is a bit damaged and hard to control so they keep the jewels out of peoples' hands. Adventurers, on the other hand, probably don't care that it's hard to control.

Also, make the mecha a souped-up apparatus of kwalish that can carry the whole party.
>>
>>48070954
>>48070897

Hmm, it may need to include some of the off hand weapon's damage to make it worthwhile.

Or you could make rend triggerable more than once per round, but on each successful main/off combination. But that sounds more like a improved two-weapon rend than greater twf.

I dunno, man. Follow your heart, I'm off to sleep. Best of luck.
>>
>>48070951
A blessing of fertility?
>>
>>48070954
I find that it feels somewhat integral to late-game TWF, even though it requires its own extra prereq (assuming the character takes TWF/ITWF anyways).

That's not a bad idea, but it would require boosting the BAB requirement (or removing that part) for sanity's sake, which I'd rather not do.

Also, the 1d10 from rend is far outshone by having double slice and pretty much any weapon in your off hand, not to mention the enchantment procs and other add-ons (favored enemy/studied target/power attack/crits/etc.)

Hrm. I've already got a significant list of feat changes, maybe I should add a line to TWR that stipulates an extra proc/round when you have GTWF?

>>48071012
That's what I'm thinking of doing. I really like the TWF concept but it's always felt really gimped in PF, hence the changes I made up to this point.

I think it really just requires testing. Also, mentioning that the players IGNORE THE FUCKING TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING COMBAT RULE.

I completely forgot about that part. God damn it.
>>
I'm suffering from decision paralysis. A month or two from now, I'll be starting a new campaign for my current IRL playgroup. Our current DM is going to step down and because I've volunteered to run, so that he can play after the multi-year campaign he's been running is finally drawing to a close.

Problem is, I can't decide what I want to run. I'm already running one campaign online for a different group. I'm not using a pre-made adventure path for that online group, but things do generally move at a pretty slow pace. For my IRL group, I've got a couple ideas for campaigns of my own creation and am also open to running an AP (most likely Iron Gods). This won't be my first time DMing, but I'm uncertain if I can handle running two custom campaigns side-by-side, or even just two in general.

So for anyone that's run multiple campaigns at the same time before, how hard is it to keep up?
>>
>>48071111
Multiple customs can be taxing, but you get all the freedom to write what you want to make things easier on yourself.

However, depending on your perspective, APs can be a lifesaver, especially if you're slow to develop custom campaign progress.

I'm running two custom campaigns and the only reason my head is still above water is because I write notes all day, every day, and improv based on them while keeping track of what happens when.
>>
>>48067269
In-game, we just hit level 17! We're making the final preparations to launch an assault on the BBEG's fortress, having spent the previous session gathering some supplies and taking out the BBEG's two remaining dragon allies.

Next week, predictably, we'll be kicking down the door to her fortress and murdering everything in sight. But before that, out-of-game, one of my friends is having a birthday party so I look forward to that!
>>
>>48071111
let the players vote what they want to play.
>>
File: 1332981873462.jpg (436 KB, 1864x3263) Image search: [Google]
1332981873462.jpg
436 KB, 1864x3263
is there anyway a alchemist with a implant bomb + healing bomb would work?

i looked it up and found the best looking case to be 'combine extract' a breath of life and a cure potion into heal bomb because breath of life isnt a cure spell.
>>
What gestalts well with Hunter? I'm thinking something with Tactician to get more out of my teamwork feats, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>48071151
Well, for the campaign I'm currently running, I've got a rough outline for the campaign's path, pending the PC don't try to totally change the course of things (which I doubt will happen, knowing my players and their PCs). Beyond that, like I said it moves pretty slowly. We generally cover one combat per session or a few scenes of RP stuff. Schedule constraints mean we can only throw down ~4 hours for those sessions. So, I think I probably have that handled. Often enough, I find that one week's worth of preparation can end up covering two sessions because of the slow pace things move at.

With the IRL group, I again have a rough outline of how I'd expect the campaign to go if I run a custom, and the group moves faster than the online one (although not ridiculously fast, I think). I make notes for my campaigns very often too.

I don't really know what I expect /pfg/ to be able to tell me when none of you guys know me personally, but I figured maybe some anecdotes from others' experience might help me decide. Any general tips from others for lighting the workload would be appreciated too.

>>48071189
I'd like to decide for myself between either a pre-made or a custom, based on what I can handle, and then let my players vote between the options in whichever category.
>>
>>48069878
Will be doing it another way

>>48070160
Sweet, link please?
>>
File: 1410833294644.jpg (80 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1410833294644.jpg
80 KB, 550x550
>>48071440
>didn't check the reply chain

I'll let you see it, but only because you sound so excited.

This is rather modified from the initial version I came up with, including changes based on advice from /pfg/ and #pfg.

Eat your heart out:
http://pastebin.com/YRhbQruf
>>
>>48071478
Cool, thanks heaps brah (yeah, watching movies with friends). Will definitely check it out
>>
File: Silver_Hand_Murloc.gif (579 KB, 307x465) Image search: [Google]
Silver_Hand_Murloc.gif
579 KB, 307x465
So let's say I want to play a Warcraft Murloc (my GM and his sister both love Warcraft and they'd probably be 100% okay with it).

Which race, if any, should I refluff for this purpose, or should I look for a homebrew?
>>
>>48071615
I'd probably create a new race for them. Small with a -2 to int, +2 dex +2 something else. Give them a swim speed and maybe water breathing?
>>
>>48071666
Thanks, Satan!
>>
>>48071615
Gripplis. Murlocs are Gripplis.
>>
>>48071576
Bloody make your feat/combat proficiency
>>
>>48071615
Grippli, ignore Satan
>>
File: consider za warudo.gif (493 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
consider za warudo.gif
493 KB, 500x281
How do I ZA WARUDO in Pathfinder?
>>
>>48071985
Time Stop. It has a vocal component, so I expect you to do the whole thing.
>>
>>48071998
But Time Stop doesn't come with the stand, so I'd like to be an Avant Guard kineticist.
How does an Avant Guard stop time, though? That's my biggest question.
>>
>>48072006
I think Kineticists of Porphyra (Or however you spell it) had something to stop time.
>>
>>48072014
Is it on the Trove? I can't find it.
>>
>>48072006
A single level of Synth?
>>
File: Kineticists_of_Porphyra.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Kineticists_of_Porphyra.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48072006
By combining the Avant Guard with the material from within Kineticists of Porphyra, you can have Time as one of your elements. It's probably best to either make sure your Magnum Opus has the Utility upgrade or to take Telekinesis as your starting element and only expand into Time at 7th level; either way allows you to lift up heavy objects (such as wagons) and drop them in the frozen time later on in your career (REALLY late, since the Time Stop ability doesn't arrive until 17th level).
>>
>>48066571
What class for a solo PC starting Rise of the Runelords at level 3? For a new player.
>>
>>48072063
Thanks for the PDF, friend.
>>
>>48072067
paladin
>>
>>48072067
Alchemist. Go Geralt of Rivia
>>
>>48072063
Why does the cover use the same art as the knight-chandler in PoW:E?
>>
>>48072096
Isn't stock art magical?
>>
>>48072142
It still feels wrong to see the same art in multiple supplements for the same product.
>>
>>48072150
I wish I could tell you it was art theft or something, but no, it's just two companies choosing to use the same pre-drawn image they bought on the internet for their products. Note the knight-chandler doesn't have abilities that line up with the image.
>>
File: Mudamudamudamuda.gif (422 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Mudamudamudamuda.gif
422 KB, 500x500
>>48072071
Not a problem! Now go forth and shine on, you Crazy Diamond!
>>
>>48071666
>>48071751
Looking up rp values a swim speed and ability to breath water cost 2 rp each. Throw fearless on there as well for another 2rp (the image of murlocks attempting to swarm high level characters comes to mind)>>48071816
>>
>>48072195
Sure, but consider that race points are untested junk that was cobbled together because "oh we're making a book about races" and it's no longer supported by the publisher.
>>
File: forty oras.jpg (17 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
forty oras.jpg
17 KB, 358x310
>>48071985
>wanting to be a filthy bloodsucker
>ever
>>
>>48071111
I'm running 4 campaigns, with plans to run about 3 more in the near future.

Don't do it. Not unless you have literally nothing else to do with your free time.
>>
>>48071111
Campaigns are like waifu, more than one will destroy your laifu.
>>
>>48072203
>it's no longer supported by the publisher.
Holy shit when did that happen? Can't say I'm suprised, has /tg/ or somewhere else come up with a better system?
>>
Hey buckos I need some opinions and the like. Aside from Life Oracle/Paladin what classes can you lot suggest to be a support type character, not necessarily a healer but. Party's already got a Wizard so castings covered but otherwise party is Warlord, Brawler and UC Ninja.
>>
>>48072415
By 'no longer supported' I assume he means 'nothing else relating to it has come out since'.
>>
>>48072433
Life Spherecasters can put some swankitudinous healing if they have the Talents to spend.

Doesn't even necessarily require being a specific class.
>>
>>48072415
>has /tg/ or somewhere else come up with a better system?
There's no 'better' system for that. I recommend you use the RPs, take a look at what you came up with, and tweak it appropriately. Guides not rules.
>>
>>48072195
Did you reply to the wrong person?
>>
Hum.

So I learned earlier that Multishot was very different in 3.5, letting you fire multiple arrows with a standard action rather than just a free one on full attacks.

I learned this upon pondering how multishot could be less cancerous, came upon an idea, and got told it was already a thing in 3.5.

I'd do it differently myself, like having separate attack rolls per arrow, and not getting quite as many attacks as a full-attack, but I'm curious as to which people prefer.
>>
>>48072610
Yes. My phone's touch screen is starting to fuck up. Tapping shit without realizing it.
>>
(Everything is pending)

Combat Proficiency: Combat proficiencies represent a creature's combat training or innate talent in the weapon arts.

All full BAB classes receive 4 combat proficiencies from first level, 3/4 BAB classes receive 2 combat proficiencies and 1/2 BAB classes receive no combat proficiencies.

Combat proficiencies may be taken as feats in addition to the inherent benefits they provide to a creature.
>>
Is possible adding dex to dmg with unarmed strike?
>>
File: female monk 4.jpg (126 KB, 549x800) Image search: [Google]
female monk 4.jpg
126 KB, 549x800
>>48073124
they are light weapons, so yes. Off the top of my head, either get an Agile Amulet of Mighty Fists, take 3 levels in unchained rogue, or if third party is allowed just take the Deadly Agility feat.
>>
>>48073124
Paizo with content an amulet of mighty fists with the agile property
>>
>>48073042
Ok
>>
File: 1467458381172.jpg (210 KB, 1300x1420) Image search: [Google]
1467458381172.jpg
210 KB, 1300x1420
>>
>>48067030
Isn't there an Archetype that gets a souped-up human-like homunculous? That could work, go with the "Expelled for dabbling in forbidden experiments." angle.
>>
File: 1467412737692.jpg (373 KB, 1200x905) Image search: [Google]
1467412737692.jpg
373 KB, 1200x905
Pic related is best animal companion/familiar/pet or best animal companion/familiar/pet?
>>
PFS-legal options only.

Sauran Druid 1. What Animal Companions are good for him?

Spinosaurus and Allosaurus are banned in PFS. Deinonychus isn't bad, but with only 1 feat he can take either Weapon Finesse (+4 attack, 15 AC) or Armor Prof.Light (+1 attack, 18 AC), but not both. +4 attack is good, but 15 AC are too bad, considering that training new animal companion (after I'll lost starting) is very slow in PFS
>>
>>48073570
* "after I'll lose starting"

Right now my plan is - "take Deinonychus with Arm.Prof and endure it to level 2, then take Weapon Finesse".
But maybe there're another good dinos?
>>
>>48073426

It's so cute!
>>
>>48071265
Yeah, that totally works.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.