[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw when you need a good degree of realism to have something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1458984696901.jpg (645 KB, 1280x815) Image search: [Google]
1458984696901.jpg
645 KB, 1280x815
>tfw when you need a good degree of realism to have something the audience can relate to and seems grounded and believable and without it shit turns into RWBY-tier trash

>but to be fully grounded to realism is fucking boring, shuts out the door to the fun of anachronisms and leads to people getting autistic and /pol/. It also defeats the whole point of fantasy by denying the fantastic

Where do you find balance? I had it in WHFB but then it dieded
>>
>>48059606
There's nothing stopping you from using the Warhammer setting.
>>
File: Its all ogre.png (925 KB, 922x681) Image search: [Google]
Its all ogre.png
925 KB, 922x681
>>48059661
I know but when a setting is completely abandoned by its company FOR VERY LITTLE GOOD REASON, its very likely in time it will die with all its good titbits of lore. My nancyboy SJW friend always shut it out, saying it was just "grimdark fantasy 40k" and I fear that will be what people think in time.
>>
>>48059701
It was miles and miles better than 40k :(
>>
>>48060343
If it was so much better why didn't it sell?
>>
>>48059701
So just go get the lore that exists right now and copy it to your computer ya dingus.
Shit, on piratebay awhile ago I remember there being this fuckhuge torrent of 1e WFRPG and 2e WFRPG books, all of which had a ton of fluff and maps of each province of The Empire and shit like that.
>>
>>48059606
Just make your own setting and subject it to the scalding opinions of the masses.

It'll hurt, but if you're intelligent about the criticism you receive you'll find balance.
>>
>>48060447
Because on the face of it, 40k is cooler. People look at each one's appearance, and 40k appears to be the more interesting of the settings rather than "another generic fantasy setting," which is how they see Warhammer.

Thus, the problem is that most people didn't look past the name and very general premise, and failed to realize that Warhammer is arguably far more creative than 40k - don't get me wrong, I love 40k's lore, but it's almost wholly derivative, whereas Warhammer has a genuinely interesting take on the fantasy genre.
>>
>>48060447
entry price
>>
>>48059606
>He shits on RWBY.

You double nigger.
>>
>>48059606
The best way is to consider every fantasy element as you add it to the setting. Make sure it adds more positive elements than negative ones before you add it in and start iterating on it. If you start adding new things to the setting without considering the implications, you get Pathfinder.
>>
Have you tried talking to your players about the themes, tones and goals you all have for the campaign, what system to use and agreeing to work together to make playing enjoyable for everyone?

Sometimes it actually works.
>>
>>48061840
You aren't wrong that talking with players fixes most problems

I was just asking for preferanes in general
>>
>>48061583
In fairness it does have a lot of flaws. Mainly to do with worldbuilding, or lack thereof.

Someone once described it to me as being like RWBY is a police show and we don't know the laws of the city that they're in yet.
>>
>>48062173
And the writting, and the animation, and the creators allergies, and the tropes, and the powerscale, and the yuri, and the animation group, and the fanbase
>>
>>48061583
RWBY is fucking insanely bad, yo.
>>
>>48061583
I legitimately cannot think of anything that is worse than RWBY, and I've watched some pretty bad shit. I'd rather marathon Guilty Crown.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.