[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make equipment cards for my players. What I mean by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Ork Girl 2.png (188 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Ork Girl 2.png
188 KB, 700x700
I want to make equipment cards for my players. What I mean by that is that each major piece of gear they have will have a little card with it's stats on it, so they can keep track of exactly what they are carrying, pass items to each other, etc.

I'm planning to simply print them on paper and put them into trading card sleeves for the most part, but there are a couple of special items which I'd like to get a bit more fancy with. Specifically, I'd like some items to be able to hold other items, have some be attachable to others and have some way of tracking consumables being used up.

For example, one character has a rifle. I'd like the rifle's scope and magazine cards to be able to physically attach to the rifle card and for the bullets in the magazine to be easily ticked off without taking a piece of paper out of the sleeve. I'd also like backpacks, etc. to be little pouches you can put other cards in.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy something which can hold multiple cards inside protective sleeves and what I need to search for? Or can anyone think of a different solution? I assume that this isn't an original idea, so someone else must have worked out the best way to do it at some point.
>>
You are looking for deckboxes.
There are a lot of manufacturers for these, but for your needs, ultra-cheapo thin plastic boxes from Ultra Pro will probably suffice.

I also reccomend to put cards you don't need (from any TCG or anything the fits the sleeves) behind the paper into the sleeves, because it gives the cards more substance and makes them less flimsy.
>>
>>48055835

That works for the backpacks, but for the guns I'd like to have multiple cards visible and have some way to track the ammunition.

I thought about getting some of those trading card wallets which go in folders and cutting them up so there were two or three pockets stuck together. That would work for stuff like scopes, but still doesn't give a good solution to tracking ammo.

I guess maybe I could glue the ammo track to decent card stock and paperclip it to the gun card. Or attach a sticker to the outside to write on? They do printable stickers don't they?
>>
>>48055925
A pouch of beads perhaps?
>>
>>48055925

They can just put the cards down and have them stacked or spread out or w/e. No need to have everything in a pack all the time.

You can put modifications on transparent plastic cards that you simply draw on, then put it on the gun. Or just pencil it on the gun (unless you actually expect players to swap scopes mid combat...).

>have some way to track the ammunition.
make magazine cards
when you shoot a bullet, mark it (you can use a pencil and just erase it later, or a dry-erase pen if it's sleeved)
when the magazine is out of bullets, it's out of bullets.

Alternatively, don't play games that autistically track every fucking piece of ammo, holy shit
>>
File: sleeves.jpg (133 KB, 800x648) Image search: [Google]
sleeves.jpg
133 KB, 800x648
>>48055925
Bro, you're already half way over the creative ledge, why not jump all the way?

http://www.litko.net/products/Ammo-Tokens-%2815%29.html#.V3ZGcKK0Pk0

Something like this (though I'd prefer a real rounded miniature plastic bullet as a player, not this flat shit, and the prices on this site are ludicrous).

I've also been using equipment cards in one of pic related for a few years now, my players love it. Plus it really is nice when they go to a shop for a new weapon they've been saving up for, and you hand them the physical card. Art helps a lot (I stole most of mine from deviantart). Plus when players see a weapon or some crazy shit by accident when I'm shuffling through the cards, they get REALLY curious. One time I caught one player snooping the cards during a playbreak.
>>
>>48055925
When you said paperclip, it made me think of a ammo mag card that has a vertical number line. You slide the paper clip up and down the number line to keep track of the ammunition.
>>
Magnets, son
>>
>>48055787
There are deckboxes for card games that look like anything from little treasure chests to metal ammo boxes or spellbooks.

Use these in combination with your sleeved spell or equipment cards to make things more fun for everyone.

Track ammo by having magazine cards that you put paperclips along the edge of (the little soft plastic triangular ones that wont damage the sleeves long term. Also works for making quiver cards and stuff like that.

It's a cute idea op, go for it. Physically attaching a scope card to a rifle card might be pushing it though, there's no real advantage to that compared to just having the rifle and scope card on the table next to each other.
>>
>>48055999
>Alternatively, don't play games that autistically track every fucking piece of ammo, holy shit

Usually I wouldn't bother, but in this case one of the major themes of the adventure is being stuck with a very limited supply of equipment.
>>
>>48055999
>Resource tracking is autism
Put a sock in it dude. Some people like it when weapons don't magically create bullets and arrows whenever you need them, or where you actually need appropriate gear to make it in certain environments.

Not tracking resources is for people who like to magically teleport between dungeoncrawls or dual-wield pistol crossbows.
>>
>>48056452
>You absolutely MUST count every single arrow/bullett you have fired accurately or I'll be upset!

Yeah, totally not autism.
>>
>>48057525
>Waaaa, counting is hard, lets never have any cool last stands or scrounge for weapons and ammo.
>>
>>48059300
This.
And the awesomeness to knocking out the last enemy by throwing at him the empty gun an rolling 20.
>>
>>48057525
>>48059300
Alternatively, you could also try not to fall into one extreme and be reasonable about the whole thing.
Oh wait, sorry, I forget where I was for a moment.
>>
>>48055787
I used to print out handouts for major characters and magic items on cardstock. It's nice, durable and feels sturdy.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.