[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82
File: Magical Realm.jpg (656 KB, 1073x1694) Image search: [Google]
Magical Realm.jpg
656 KB, 1073x1694
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever indulged a Magical Realm before? How did it go? Was it in an ERP campaign or no?

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48035725
>>
>>48044499
So, everyone enjoying Hellknights and Spies?
>>
File: 1373319005525.png (15 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1373319005525.png
15 KB, 560x407
>>48044499

>That entire comic

Who here has *actually* indulged a DM's magical realm when presented with it? How did the DM react?
>>
>>48044599
We've been engaged for 18 months
>>
>>48044642
That is way the fuck too long.
>>
>>48044599

Well, they did marry me so.
>>
>>48044659
What world do you live in where 18 months is too long for a campaign? Do you only ever play modules and oneshots or something?
>>
>>48044691
...u wot mate?
>>
Daily reminder that the existence of dragons is not grounds for Pathfinder to be a comic book.
>>
>>48044499
>magical realm?
Well, I'm running a lewd/ERP game now and so far most of it has gone well, aside from an incident with one player who joined knowing it was but then ragequit over the ERP. Otherwise we're all having fun... though sexual bets with a moth demon are going to have some burgeoning consequences.
>>
>Have you ever indulged a Magical Realm before?
No because if I wanted fantasy RPG shenanigans I'd learn to code and make a shitty CoC clone.

I HAVE dealt with some guys magical realm before.
>about 2.5 years ago
>Rise of the Runelords campaign on Roll20
>Human Magus(Hexcrafter) being played by this "asexual" Australian guy who lives with his mom
>starts off in a Lesbian relationship with Ameiko
>Okay. Nothing too bad so far.
>DM breaks them up so character wouldn't have too much reason to sit around sandpoint being comfy
>character then procedes to try to jump almost anythings bones
>eventually gets random NPC waifu
>DM basically had to tell him to stop sending him background shit/private PMs that sounds like shit out of literotica

>side campaign thing
>tries to make his eiodolan a pony
>Gm is also a Brony but vetoes for everyone's sanity
>so he makes his eiodolan an anime maid
>he had plans on marrying it later in the campaign
>falls apart by then

>one shot thing
>Makes a 15 year old half succubus character
>totally not sexual
>nope
>not at all
>kept trying to hop in the bed with my Charisma 7 aberrant aegis

I quit the group under the pretense of "schedule issues" because the GM was getting salty about my Psions damage and wanted me to remake the character as an Occult Kineticist and I wanted to leave on good terms and not a rules argument.

Like aside from the magical realm shit, he was pretty decent guy.
>>
>>48044691
Engaged you fucking idiot, read the spoiler.
>>
>>48044742
I don't get why "guy builds complex non magical suit of armor/weapons" is any more comic book than barbarians throwing other people at each other or magic vikings.
>>
>>48044499
As I pointed out last thread, positive and negative energy are treated in two mutually incompatible ways. They each make up the life-force of different forms of life, a la fire and water elementals. Negative energy powers diseases, undead, sceaduinar, dhampir and so forth. (Yes, diseases are powered by negative because healing spells cure them and necromancy and certain undead cause/carry diseases.) However, certain undead feed on living creatures even though this makes as much sense as fire vampires feeding on water elementals. Either negative and positive energy cancel out or negative energy consumes positive energy, but you can't have both. The only explanation I've been given so far is that positive/negative energy is not the same as the life-force it composes, which is flat out nonsensical.
>>
http://pastebin.com/YzEDeWDc
R8 my build m8s
>>
>>48044742
Pathfinder is already a comic book you fuck.
>>
>>48044792
>. The only explanation I've been given so far is that positive/negative energy is not the same as the life-force it composes, which is flat out nonsensical.
It's almost as if PF magic was not made with any form of internal consistency in mind.
>>
Can anyone point me to the direction of a Path of the Hellknight download link?
Hook a hellknight wanna be up, /tg/
>>
>>48044742
But the existence of Fullcasters, magic items, literal angels and demons of all CRs, planar teleportation stuff, statable demigods, people being cosmically powered by the literal forces of good and justice, known magic items and class features for both detecting and hiding the good and evil in the hearts of men, and the ability for any decently equipped PC to break mountains with their face or rewrite the world are.

>>48044792
>(Yes, diseases are powered by negative because healing spells cure them and necromancy and certain undead cause/carry diseases.)
I always figured that what the healing spells did was supercharge the recipient's immune system and natural regeneration rate to allow them to expel the disease, kinda like Healing from WoT, whereas the "diseases" created by negative energy weren't literal diseases, but rather small festers of negative energy that impair the natural life processes and thus emulate a disease via its symptoms.

Then again I could be reading too much into a magic system that Paizo evidently didn't put any real thought into.
>>
>>48044642
>>48044671

What were their magical realms?
>>
>>48044858
Click "Old Thread" twice.
>>
File: MXKYzig.gif (2 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
MXKYzig.gif
2 MB, 371x209
>>48044818
>>
>>48044888
Consensual sex in the missionary position purely for the purpose of procreation
>>
>>48044858
Starts at >>48023996
>>
>>48044792
Undead causing/carrying diseases doesn't necessarily make them a negative energy phenomenon. You also have to keep in mind that diseases like ghoul fever and mummy rot are more curses than anything else.

Positive energy is self-sustaining; it grows, builds, changes. Cancer is a form of toxic positive energy. Negative energy is entropic; it destroys, consumes, silences. Negative energy beings such as undead are a drain on the environment or living things around them; they 'feed' on scraps of what they destroy, sustaining themselves with the leftovers.

Living things are not sustained by positive energy the way undead are by negative energy. For your average living creature, the greatest concentration of positive energy is its soul. The remainder is Material matter, which is influenced by the nuanced application of positive energy (i.e. cure spells).

You're seeing living beings and undead as equivalent and opposite, which is where you're getting it wrong.
>>
>>48044826
>>48044882
>It's almost as if PF magic was not made with any form of internal consistency in mind.

Why else would necromancy include causing fear and disease, when those things aren't related to the mysteries of life and death?
>>
>>48044923
>autism
Expected.
>>
>>48044499
Yeah, I'm running an ERP campaign right now. This coming weekend will be our fourth session, and things are going pretty well so far. A little slow (not on account of the ERP, as that's been either done quickly or between sessions whenever it comes up, but just because it's an online text-based game), but pretty enjoyable so far. Because it's a custom campaign, the slow pace works to my advantage and keeps me from being overwhelmed with the amount of work I need to do between sessions. I really like my players, most of them I've done Pathfinder with before so I know they're quality players (and our kinks all line up pretty nicely for the most part).

The premise so far is that a group of five tieflings have been called together in Iobaria by dream visions to serve as heralds and champions of Lamashtu. Their first act involved taking over a Lamashtan cult that had been led astray by a false prophet, and now they're looking for a suitable defensible place to relocate their new cult to before starting a war with some druidic worshipers of an ancient Cyclops god.

The current party includes a male cleric, male bloodrager, female warder, female sorcerer, and female bard (all tieflings, as I mentioned before, and most of demonic heritage because I allowed them to refluff any of the tiefling heritages as demonic).
>>
>>48044499
... Hmmm... Come to think of it, my semi-erotic feyrealm campaign was one of my longest runs.
>>
>>48044707
>>48044764
You know, sometimes words have two meanings.
>>
>>48045037
And this is not one of those times
>>
File: Cage.gif (2 MB, 220x190) Image search: [Google]
Cage.gif
2 MB, 220x190
>Made an Oread Inquisitor
>He uses a 2h Lucerne to fuck people up from 10ft away
>Also has the ability to stealth around, disguise with spells and it's almost impossible to Bluff him
>All without breaking the game
Why aren't Martials designed with this idea in mind? Good in combat while also good at a specific set of things out of combat.
>>
>>48044929
The problem is that the rules are not structured according to that logic. Contagion is a necromancy spell. Cure disease is a conjuration spell. The same effects are used to heal living and harm undead. You can't have undead draining life from the living and being harmed by healing energy at the same time yet expect logical self-consistency. The entire idea of "revive kills zombie" originates from Gygax's own autism, and even he stated that mummies are powered by positive energy because they generate disease.
>>
>>48045037
And sometimes only a bona fide autist or retard would assume one of them.
>>
File: DOOM Preparing to MURDERIZE.gif (415 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
DOOM Preparing to MURDERIZE.gif
415 KB, 488x519
>go look at the Spymaster's Handbook archetypes again
>realize Agathiel's wording is worse than I thought and it doesn't even specify whether you get the creature's natural attacks or if those are "animal abilities" he has to pick from
>Agathian Blessing Talent is mandatory at level 2 because "reasons", and doesn't even seem to let you get claws, only the options it presents
>no way to get the size bonus to compensate for not being able to benefit from polymorphs, no items or feats to buff the ability
>it doesn't replace the fucking appearance abilities or capstone with something that makes your transformation actually function at anything beyond "gimped"
>there's no archetype that replaces only those abilities that you can stack on top of Agathiel
>mfw it could have been a really good archetype, but instead got shafted because it's still an "ALL DAY" martial class

Why the fuck does the vigilante always have such cool ideas that trip at the last second and fall flat on their face, first the Warlock and Magical Child, now this. At least the Teisatsu is pretty good.

How would you houserule the Agathiel's bestial identity to make it not be gimped as shit, without just playing a Synthesist instead?
>>
>>48045037

Is there a bustle in your hedgerow anon?
>>
Players always seem offended whenever authorities are actually able to subdue and capture them for their crimes. I've had level three parties try and call bullshit that cities would have people whose jobs are to deal with them. Hell I don't even kill the PCs most of the time, I send them to jail.
>>
File: Water.jpg (108 KB, 396x691) Image search: [Google]
Water.jpg
108 KB, 396x691
>>48045220
You're there to have fun, not to do boring shit, you autist
>>
>>48044929
>Negative energy is entropic; it destroys, consumes, silences. Negative energy beings such as undead are a drain on the environment or living things around them; they 'feed' on scraps of what they destroy, sustaining themselves with the leftovers.

So you're saying modern feminists are a bunch of negative energy cultists? Makes sense. Need to find a paladin to slay the lich ruling them.
>>
>>48045220
Because murderhobos play their murderhobo simulators with the hopes that they are above any form of responsibility or consequence for their actions
>>
>>48045071
Because the developers spent a lot of time shoved into lockers as kids and now they're very strongly opposed to jocks having nice things.
>>
>>48044659
Engagement doesn't mean anything these days, I know a couple that's been engaged for at least five years now.
>>
>>48045327
...No. I'm not saying anything even remotely close to that.

>>48045077
Contagion is necromancy for the same reason that deathwatch is evil; because sometimes, the developers make stupid mistakes that become legacy content. The ancestral fluff is a mess and the current fluff that inherits it is likewise a mess, and at some point you have to draw a line about what you're incorporating into your worldbuilding and what you ain't.

For fuck's sake, I remember when healing was necromancy. That shit made sense.
>>
File: 1466399491675.jpg (136 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1466399491675.jpg
136 KB, 900x1350
>>
>>48044888

Demon guys, vampires, werewolves, vaguely erotic (see DMC) and/or painful transformation sequences, size differences, cock milking, light bondage, dubious consent, scenting, marking, orgasm denial (both parties), footjobs, spitroasting, occasional gangbang, creampies, heat/mating season, breeding, occasional straight shota, occasional traps, femdom (especially as futanari)
>>
>>48045471
I want to join one of your games anon want to see the world of ERP.
>>
>>48045467
I am so over this novel by now.
>>
>>48045624
Samefag detected.
>>
File: Loud.gif (976 KB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
Loud.gif
976 KB, 300x172
Have you ever used music in campaigns?
This is likely a roll20.net exclusive question
>>
>>48045684
I didn't for my first 10 years DMing and then one of my players DMed a different game and had appropriate music playing and I felt like a cheapskate for not doing it.
>>
>>48044499
Our GM indulged us when he thought something was fucking awesome, but even dumb tongue in cheek things like "I put my Big Black Cock (Rooster Familiar) down the Dark Hole" ended in a messy, Gygaxian fashion.

In fairness the Wizard knew nothing good was going to happen when he did it, I mean, he was totally framing a situation.

Things could have gotten weirder than they did at several points earlier, but we wisely declined the opportunities.
>>
File: tumblr_m6eg19T4D71r34y4ho1_500.jpg (65 KB, 336x620) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6eg19T4D71r34y4ho1_500.jpg
65 KB, 336x620
Post sylphus, discuss why they're so patrician, and look down on inferior subhumans who don't follow the path of the sylph, especially those salty fags who hate nonhumans and planetouched.
>>
>>48045713
>especially those salty fags who hate nonhumans and planetouched.
I don't hate non humans. I hate "races" that are basically humans but have some dumb bullshit attached to them. That's why I hate shit like Elves, Halfings, Dwarves and Planetouched.

Give me muh Lizardfolk an Tengu.
>>
>>48045325
Escaping from prison and prison life can be interesting if you're in a big prison with lots of stuff going on. That's why there are so many prison and prison break movies.

>>48045344
I suppose.
>>
>>48045713
Fuck off.

>>48045751
You too.
>>
>>48045751
Lizardfolk and tengu are just humans with lizards and birds attached, m8. They're still dumb bullshit.

>>48045795
Thank you for your donation of salt, peasant. Keep it up and in return maybe a sylph will be generous enough to step on you.
>>
>>48045804
I don't hate sylphs, that's not the point. I hate you and obnoxious faggots like you who try and push their god damn fucking fetishes on everyone. They pollute these threads. We had a three thread fucking span where no discussion occurred, only people actually jacking off to pictures posted of "monster girls" and other bullshit. There are threads SPECIFICALLY FOR your fetishes, don't bring it here.
>>
>>48045833
Ok and don't bring ur furfaggotry into these threads either, lizardfucker
>>
>>48045751
Sounds like you want the animal-people versions of the standard fantasy races that we came up with like a week ago. Like elves + bunnypeople = bunnyelves sort of stuff. I don't remember the specific ones we came up with but they sounded pretty fitting.
>>
>>48045713
anon what are you doing

this is not what sylphu are for

they are for loving and cherishing not for tormenting other anon

what would QANON say if she saw you
>>
>>48045843
I'm not that fucker either. God damn, I fucking hate you and that fucker.
>>
>>48045879
In that case: thanks for your donation of salt, peasant. Keep it up, and a sylph might be generous enough to step on you.

>>48045869
Heretic
>>
File: Cleric casts Turn Undead.gif (258 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Cleric casts Turn Undead.gif
258 KB, 500x281
>arguing about races
>not just making your own from the ground up, each with their own subspecies, subcultures, and unique mindsets comparable but different from the degree of separation and specialization in human cultures
>>
>>48045906
ok u start
>>
>>48044791
It isn't. 4742 gives a bad name even to total faggots.

There's clockwork shit all over the setting (except crossbows for no good fucking reason; THANK YOU for the autoloader, DSP guys, by the way), steelbone frames (though that's magic), mechanical, alchemical and magical power sources all over the place.
>>
>>48045927
currently in the middle of that for a homebrew actually. However I've recently been reworking it for a while, especially since I wanted to get the two major human ethnicities done

I could start on what little I've actually written on one of the non-human races I've made so far, but I don't have much and its nowhere near done or resembling a final synopsis

Interested?
>>
>>48045906
Last time I tried doing this the players asked to have normal fantasy races. Players don't want things too alien. You probably don't want things to alien.
>>
>>48045951
Sure.

>>48045953
Limp dick detected
>>
>>48045951
No, it's likely shit. The second someone asked you tried to lower expectations. Likely it's uninteresting.
>>
>>48045684
i have a very extensive playlist for different situations and environments (running a PF S&S campaign that turned into globe-trotting sandbox)
>>
>>48045965
>Limp dick detected
What? Am I supposed to force what players don't want on them? Tell them it's my way or the high way and start a campaign no one is going to enjoy?

Fuck off. It's like the people in /pfg/ don't actually ever play in games or GM and have to deal with players.
>>
>>48045991
>overreacting
Limp dick detected
>>
>>48045998
>>
>>48045965
Okay, like I said Its nowhere near finished and its still barely in conceptual form

>1/?
You have the Louphi and Jakrir, a race that resembles a cross between a snake and a canid, with Louphi normally resembling garter/wolf while the Jakrir are more akin to cobra/jackal. Overall features include a flat “shovel faced” snout, reptilian eyes, course fur along the dorsal side of their body with a thicker matte along their spine, ovoidal scaled neck, chest and abdominal area, and plantigrade feat with four clawed toes. Hands also have four fingers. They also possess a long serpentine tail. Males tend to be broader shouldered, with thicker fur along the shoulders and encroaching along the edges of the chest, while females tend to be wider hipped and possess longer tails. Despite their squamatic appearance, the races could be considered mammalian for they possess two mammary glands and give live birth, though they do not express permanent boobs like humans, and their glands are inguinal rather than pectoral.

The two races split ages ago after a massive civil war, with the Jakrir fleeing off to settle the deserts and wastelands, while the Louphi live near strictly in forested areas.

Louphi live regimented and orderly lives, dedicated to the pursuit of personal skill and wisdom for the good of thier tribes, and strictly follow the guidelines of their founding prophet, which includes ethical guides, tribal organization, population and breeding restrictions, and Exodus imperatives. Due to both their culture and slow predatory metabolism, Louphi are slow to make and commit to a decision and will often spend much time discussing and considering their options, before shifting all of their energy and focus into a singular task with predatory tenacity. A Louphi hunting party in motion is like watching a stream of fanged lightening come down from all sides.

>>48045976
>The second someone asked you tried to lower expectations.
Because its still very WiP assmonger
>>
>>48046034
Saved, thx
>>
Speaking of creating races, whatever happened to that DM that created a race of humans that co-evolved with Centaur, and as a result their human men had exceptionally large penises and the women had very wide hips and amazing asses?
>>
>>48046052
In my ideal world, he drank bleach.
>>
>>48046052
In my ideal world, he drank bleach.
>>
>>48046041
>2/?

In a Louphi tribe, everyone is expected to find a place, and every gender has a role to play. Most men are generally expected to become Hunters, sentries, and scouts, as well as artisans in charge of tool maintenance. Further, it is most often Men who are expected to become the tribal Sages and Sage Walkers, who are responsible for seeing to the magical, spiritual, and genealogical needs of the tribe, and to enforce the Pact of Oaths, the Holy doctrine to which all Louphi must ascribe to.

Females, meanwhile, often fulfill the majority of artisan and agrarian roles, as well as form the Matron Societies that are in charge of the internal politics, planning, and organization of the tribe. While these societies and councils are not allowed to make their own decisions on mystical manners, they can appoint village representatives, huntsmasters, reallocate resources, determine growing patterns of plants, and see to and focus on the physical needs of the tribe.

The Jakrir meanwhile, due to years of corruption and directed eugenics by their aberrant patrons, live maddening and reckless lives, constantly craving new and higher levels of stimuli and depravity. They form grand and blasphemous cities and are led by the mad priests of their Elder God, who advise and direct them to constantly seek greater depths of ambition and insanity. Luckily, or unluckily, generations of Decadence and Madness have also left then somewhat lazy and cunning, so they often stew in their own plans and wickedness for years before acting on a masterfully wicked ploy or assassinating a rival. Also, they have a long tradition of mummifying their fallen rivals and transforming them into crippled augers and emissaries to their inscrutable Patron.
>>
>>48046041
Gonna say, nothing in that seems new or interesting. It literally seems cookie cutter fantasy. Hell the races I have are more alien that that slop.
>>
>>48046073
>>48046090
Are you a wizard?
>>
>>48046093
>>48046102
Yeah, this doesn't seem like you've brought anything new to the table.
>>
>>48046093
>3/?

Jakrir believe in a doctrine of force, meaning if you are strong or cunning enough to take something, you should not only take it, but do what you can to show your superiority to others. This extends to their proclivity towards capturing and keeping Chattel slaves (for servants, pleasure, food, and sacrifices), to their own gender dynamics, where males are expected to enforce dominance over their women, and females are expected to connive, scheme, and plot against eachother for favor and influence in their houses.

All this serves to entertain their Mad God and his piping council, and to continue to fuel their desire of ever increasing stimulation.

The magical traditions of both races trace back to similar roots. In most simple terms, both races utilize a practice of channeling magic into one's own body, before shaping and releasing it in various shapes on functions. This often creates the illusion of them conjuring magical equipment and regalia, when in actuality such appearances are merely mental constructs that help them focus on the desired effect for the channeled and released magic

The Sages and Sage Walkers of the Louphi apply a strict serenity and control to their magic. They learn to control and corral their own emotions internal Magic flow, granting them a measure of flexibility and artistry over their forms and regalia, which they combine with extensive traditions of prayer, ceremony, and craftsmanship to help supplement their position as the priesthood of their tribe.

>>48046102
Then post faggot, put you're money where your mouth is
>>
>>48046111
Yes. I use my unlimited cosmic power to post on 4chan.
>>
>>48046041
So far, it honestly seems fairly bland. What was the civil war about, and what do you think makes them stand out? What's the goal of the eugenics?
>>
>>48046130
Wouldn't be the weirdest thing that happened here.
>>
>>48046129
>Then post faggot, put you're money where your mouth is
People still try this bullshit?
>>
>>48046129
The Jakrir, meanwhile care not for control and silly ceremony. They channel their bodily magics wildly and recklessly, letting their emotion and desires boost their Magic, causing it to warp and reshape their bodies, which the agony then further fuels to greater heights. It's not uncommon for a Jakrir to continue to channel their powers until they reach near orgasmic heights of profane and twisted stimuli. There is no cultural regiment on these powers, for the Priests and Pharaohs who rule their cities possess even greater power, due to blessings and boons from their Alienist master. Further, it is common for their priests to practice all manner of experimentation in mutations and mummification on their soldiers, slaves, and even themselves. So much so that, even if a priest displays no outward signs of alteration, you can be assured that their insides now barely resemble their original race.

>>48046133
>What was the civil war about, and what do you think makes them stand out? What's the goal of the eugenics?
That I haven't written down yet, but give me time and I'll try to type it out right now

>>48046157
Its either that, or be just another retard who says big game but is a sad liar trying to make your epeen seem bigger.
metaphorical tits or gtfo
>>
>>48046130
>Then post faggot, put you're money where your mouth is
Sure m8.

One are the Hemphan Spires. These are massive singular organisms who produce sterile offspring in the form of parasites. They excrete a pheromone that lures creatures towards it to get trapped in it's sap. Once in the sap a parasite burrows into the creature's brain and uses it's body. The parasitic children are sterile and sapient, but beholden to the wishes of the spire that birthed them (compelled by pheromone addiction to return and listen). Occasionally a spire will produce a fertile male and female offspring. The fertile female is immobile at birth while the males are extremely powerful and intelligent. The male will carry away the female to a new location for it to take root and grow, and defend it until it reaches maturity, at such time it begins making sterile parasitic offspring of its own.

Fertile females are enormously intelligent and lead the societies as rulers, while fertile males generally are either eventually killed by paranoid fertile females or relegated to control of mundane protection of the fertile female. This is become the fertile males do not suffer from pheromone addiction and thus can disobey the fertile female if they so choose.

Players of this race are generally infertile parasite offspring, or if they spend a large number of points at character creation they can choose to be a fertile male. Fertile female are entirely unplayable.

Hemphan Spires for millennium went to war with one another over petty disputes until two in the far south realized they together could kill a third, the third died and a four joined. Then a fifth. Others joined together to defend themselves. Nation states formed in this way. Due to the hard working nature of the sterile offspring and the intellect of the spires they quickly advanced to metal working. Their technology rests at early Rome.
>>
>>48046185
>bugs: the race
Yawn
>>
>>48046185
heir society now exists in a near perfect dictatorship, the sterile females beholden to their birthing spire. This is due to pheromone addiction, if one is near their birthing spire they go into a state of euphoria, their decision making process compromised. In their cities sterile females live in massive slums, tending to industry and the "spawning pools". In order to birth offspring a large amount of water is required, which has forced the society to develop along the western shores of the continent (as salt water is suitable). The spawning pools exist as a way to have new parasites attach to hosts.

The society also runs on enormous amounts of second hand citizen who exist as the breeding population to supply bodies. They are given an antonymous existence while being force to give up some children to the Hemphan spires. These are tossed into the spawning pools so the parasites may grow and attach to them.

I can discuss the nuances of their politics.
>>
>>48046198
>bugs
>are leeches attached to the neck of a human
>aren't even insects
kek, someone is on suicide watch bruh.
>>
File: 1414608251966.jpg (18 KB, 346x300) Image search: [Google]
1414608251966.jpg
18 KB, 346x300
noob GM in great need of assistance here

How, mechanically, do I run a large-scale combat scene efficiently and without my players getting bored to tears while NPCs fight each other? In tomorrow's session the party and about 15 allies are going to be fighting about 25 enemies in a massive battle that's pretty important to the story. I spent a ton of time drawing out the terrain and writing dramatic mid-battle dialogue, but I only just now realized I have no fucking idea how to handle the fighting between NPCs in an interesting way.

I'm fairly certain I just have to decide who lives and who dies beforehand out of all the extraneous people, but how do I handle turns? The enemies have different kinds of weapons and a couple of them are wizards, so how should I group initiatives? Should I even pretend to roll for NPC interactions or just explain what happens in general terms?

pls halp
>>
>>48046247
I'm not that guy, but he made their society almost exactly similar to that of social insects. Wow, most females are sterile, the rulers are fertile female, they work off of pheromones. Groundbreaking.
>>
>>48046263
Compared to the dog/snakes?

Yeah actually.
>>
>>48046263
Either that, the flatworm colony race, the staggered three puberty amphibians-likes, or the nerve cord crustaceans. Take your pick.
>>
>>48046318
And I swear only one of these is fetish based.
>>
File: yup.png (23 KB, 679x257) Image search: [Google]
yup.png
23 KB, 679x257
>>48045644
Alas I am discovered!
>>
File: Tsochar.jpg (696 KB, 1673x1639) Image search: [Google]
Tsochar.jpg
696 KB, 1673x1639
>>48046176
Okay, first lets start with some of the history civil war shenanigans

Unknown to the race itself, and most of the modern races, the progenitors of the Louphi were originally designed in part by one of the great Cancer Lords, the Virtual Optims, of the great Eldraavian empire during the dawning of the Festering Ages that led to the War of Bleeding Heavens.

Said particular Virtual Optim, whose name has been stricken from history along with the rest of his kin, was obsessed with entertaining guests with safari hunting ventures, and would use his skills at cancer magic and the manipulation of life to create a great variety of new and exotic critters for him and his associates and conclaves to hunt for sport.

Eventually, he started experimenting with making creatures smarter and more clever, and even going so far as to make small populations of sapient races, thrown into the world with fake memories and prefabricated cultures, before gathering his conclaves to hunt them to extinction when they were built up enough.

After the end of the War of Bleeding Heavens, when the Viel of the Creator's Madness was rent and torn and the Four Blasphemous Interlopers put their foot into Creation, the Virtual Optims were quickly slain, at least those that had not commited ritual suicide, the various Skinborn, Armies of the Daevasworn, and the other rebelling slaves decided to destroy all the work's of the empire to fire and mace and destroy their every trace, and confounded their divine minds by the alteration into the first Fae.

>>48046185
>>48046234
>essentially a cross between an ant colony, tsochar, and some ilithid elderbrain stuff
Not too interesting or unique at all, its like something just ripped out of the pages of Lords of Madness.
Though the political nuances do have me interested
>>
File: yup.png (19 KB, 577x110) Image search: [Google]
yup.png
19 KB, 577x110
>>48046383
>>
>>48045220

Well, historically, city guards weren't really a thing. You'd have the retainers of the nobility, underworld thugs, guild members' neighborhood watches, but no overarching political entity payrolling a taskforce meant to keep the peace. That's a 19th century thing, the Bobbies being the earliest organized force.
>>
>>48046511
I'm not talking about town guard, I'm talking about the local nobleman's standing military force. House guard and the like meant to keep the peace.

It varies between guild's hired folks, noble's forces, and very occasionally a standing military police.
>>
>>48046542

Right, yeah, if you stepped on the toes of a particular group, they sure as hell would be interested in... talking to you about it.
>>
>>48045624
That's entirely why it's being spammed.
>>
For a Rogue, what's the best cantrip/orison? Any spell list is possible.
>>
>>48046682
Prestidigitation
>>
>>48046255
bumping this

I really need help with this my dudes
>>
>>48046415

When the Conclaves and works of the Hunstmaster Optim where destroyed, his great workshops and vats, without maintenance, began to break down, releasing dozens of monster, creatures, and entities that would die stillborn from the destruction. After 60 days of fighting off the ever spewing tide of gibbering half born and formerly caged abominations, soon ever last holding of that Optim was crushed down into near non existence. However not all of the creations were destroyed. Many in the ensuing chaos had scattered to the winds, some with incomplete knowledge and memories they new to be false in their minds, others a near tabula rasa save for the most basic levels of survival and critical thinking implanted in them.

For many centuries these scattered remnants of ancient blasphemy and sin would travel about, interacting with each other in numerous ways from cooperation, feeding, war, trading, mating, parasitizing, to integration and every other means in between.

Soon, through some add means of adaptation and selection over the years, in a small area on the central plains of a singular continent, there arose the father race of what would then become the Louphi and Jakrir. They came to dominate their niche of the area's primary sapient race, and they branched off as a series of disparate tribes, constantly at war with one another, with nearly each tribe bearing a culture and tongue vastly different form their own neighbors.

In one such tribe, who's name is now forgotten were two brothers named okay, I haven't settled on their names yet, mostly because I have not determined under what naming conventions to grant the race or their forebears yet.

As with many tribes, theirs was also assaulted and consumed in war by another tribe, and in the ensuing chaos the brothers were separated. One fled across the prairie, so consumed was the child in his fear that did not even notice when the plains had thinned away into forested hills and mountains.
>>
>>48046762
depends on if you have already decided the outcome of the battle or if you want it simulated
>>
>>48044792
>>48045452
Agreed.
I'm changing the rules to reflect my worldbuilding explanation of positive and negative energy. Healing is now a necromancy sub-school, while creation is an evocation sub-school. There's no separate types of healing: cure/inflict and similar spells work the same on living and undead; optionally undead are considered constructs for the purposes of healing/repairing effects. Positive and negative are energy types that damage all targets equally, basically magical versions of fire and cold that ignore immunity to fire and cold. Undead are evil because they are actually fiends, except for good undead who are merely defending their tombs from thieves or trying to right wrongs.
>>
>+2 CMB against technology and firearms

Yet where the fuck are the "your plasma weapons think primitive feudal armors are hilarious" feats?

Where is "You shouldn't have tried to block that heavy machinegun with a wooden shield, now both of you are full of holes"?

Where's "Power-armor believes your iron magic sword has never heard of sharpness"?

No feats or abilities support the opposite.

>No, let's just fuck over gunslingers a bit instead.
>>
Hey /pfg/, where do I find Innocuous Servant or Companion to the Lonely?
>>
>>48046818
I already know I want my players to 'win'. But I feel like it'd make it less exciting if I didn't even pretend to roll for outcomes. I just need to know how to do so in a way that's not tedious as fuck.
>>
>>48046762
The players don't really need the details of what's happening that doesn't involve them directly, especially in combat. Don't bog down the flow of the game by rolling for every single bit and piece of it; focus only on the ones that matter.

My suggestion is to make a flow chart of key things that can possibly happen in the battle. For example, let's say you have 4 options for how the battle starts; Enemies attack aggressively, enemies hold defensively, enemies split into formations, or focus on enemy wizards. Depending on how things pan out, you can pick the most appropriate, or if they are all equally likely, you can roll a die. Do again for further results; Enemies attack / single enemy slain; Enemies attack / single ally slain; Enemies withdraw / no casualties; Enemies withdraw / 1 single enemy slain; so on and so forth. You can strike through ones that the situation will not allow, and roll with whatever else happens. And you won't be rolling 20 different rolls between each and every one of your players actions.
>>
>>48046881

Inner Sea Intrigue.
>>
>>48046822
>There's no separate types of healing: cure/inflict and similar spells work the same on living and undead; optionally undead are considered constructs for the purposes of healing/repairing effects.
There's a "repair undead" spell in Advanced Class Guide. So no reason not to go the 5e route of healing spells having no effect on undead.
>>
>>48046966
Thanks anon!
>>
>>48046947
that is definitely a start, thank you!
>>
>>48045220
>Players always seem offended whenever authorities are actually able to subdue and capture them for their crimes.

I'd only be upset if I didn't get a chance to duke it out or run. I don't see any reason why regular soldiers and mercenaries, etc. shouldn't be stronger than player characters, at least early on, but you should at least have the option to jump out the window, book it through the streets, and add that city to the list of places you're not allowed back into.
>>
>>48044985
Wait, someone remember the Futa Tiefling Lamashturangers idea from way back when? Cool.
>>
>>48047417
Everyone remembers that abortion with some degree of secondhand shame, yes.
>>
>>48047571
Speak for yourself, some of it had some interesting ideas, such as the cult of Groetus infiltrating the Lamashtan church, and a few other things.

We can't help it if you're allergic to fun and brainstorming
>>
How to make any murderhobo panic, in one simple question:
>"Hey there, where are you from?"
>>
>>48047616
>We can't help it if you're allergic to fun and brainstorming
Of course faggots like you have to try and disguise shoving your fetish into people's faces as "fun and brainstorming". Nobody wants to watch you jerk off and changing what you call it won't do anything except make you even more pathetic.
>>
>>48047616
Still waiting for Castle Ulfenstein and Madman's Moon.
>>
>>48047652
What the hell are those?
>>
Whats a good deity for a half vampire hunting vampires inquisitor to follow?
>>
>>48047707
Pharasma or Iomedae. Maybe Sarenrae.
>>
File: 1437159559723.jpg (572 KB, 1800x1322) Image search: [Google]
1437159559723.jpg
572 KB, 1800x1322
>>48047649
>confirmed for having not been there for the threads
IT only started as a fetish thing. After the initial crude humor and idiocy, many of the ideas bloomed and expanded to becoming a full Golarionverse reimagining of Bloodborne

but go ahead and continue to whine like a self important impotent bitch who can't stand all the badwrongfun that is in violation of your objectively perfect tastes, all the while jerking off you your own innate superiority

plus you being clearly bothered and butthurt by this whole ordeal is even more pathetic than the gross fetishfags
>>
>>48047736
Hhhhhh, what's that smell?

THE BLUUHHHHHHD, that intoxicating aroma!
>>
>>48047736
>Bloodborne
Sure, if that was what you had meant I wouldn't have objected, but the subject was "futa tieflings of Lamashtu", not "Bloodborne". Nice try, though.

>no u
2/10 got a reply
>>
>>48047676
Part of the following brainstorming moved into Bloodborne and Groetus cults and some other stuff, with the names Madman's Moon and Castle Ulfenstein thrown out as names for the adventures.
>>
File: 6H634QJ.png (3 KB, 280x272) Image search: [Google]
6H634QJ.png
3 KB, 280x272
>>48047781
enough to make a man sick

>>48047789
>sure, if that was what you had meant I wouldn't have objected, but the subject was "futa tieflings of Lamashtu", not "Bloodborne".
>Lamashtu Rangers
>nothing to do with Bloodborne
confirmed for having not even been in or read the threads

thank you for proving that you know absolutely nothing about the history subject being discussed and referenced at all, thus showing that you are either retarded or an incredibly lazy troll
>>
Tear my new homebrew to shreds, /pfg/.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-0060exu9xUcUpKcE9jTXFhU2s
>>
>>48047877
No.

>This isn't new, you've been trying this for months on Reddit
>You were here yesterday and bitched when we DID tear it to shreds
>You bitched about how we didn't tear into what you wanted torn into
>People looked up your shit and have proven that you've done this before on Reddit as well as here

Gooooo fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1459439785452.gif (3 MB, 1530x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459439785452.gif
3 MB, 1530x1080
>>48047877
>Completely front loaded abilities wise

I don't even have to read the actual rules to know it's garbage.
>>
>>48047877
You again? Fuck off, faggot, you've already gotten feedback and ignored it because you were a butthurt moron.
>>
>>48047877

I'm fairly certain we already did.
>>
>>48047877
We already did, and you didn't listen

go get sodomized by a futa tiefling
>>
>>48047908
Given the response yesterday I'm willing to bet it wasn't the original poster that responded like that.
>>
File: 3622171615_cc4c74a2c3.jpg (184 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
3622171615_cc4c74a2c3.jpg
184 KB, 333x500
>He wears chainmail armor
>He doesn't wear a tabard over his mail
>He doesn't wear helmets
>He doesn't wear belts
>He doesn't have a Cloak or a Hat on his character sheet, or a regular outfit
>He never takes off his armor
>>
If you could benefit from a sorcerer bloodline as 20th level sorcerer IRL. No spells, just the bloodline. Which would you choose?
>>
>>48047877
>Retard posts his faggot document
>Gets called out on it and says he's never coming back
>Reappears within 24 hours

I know you'll ignore it like the nigger you are, but sure, why not.

Fix the formatting on the table. Regardless of how it actually functions, it LOOKS like it's a poorly laid out, front-loaded class, and that's gonna turn people off of it.

Fix the BAB and Save progression. Seriously, what the shit were you doing?

The wording on abilities is shit. Deadly Focus needs to say first attack each round, Lethality just says ANY full around action not a full-attack AND it's worded awful. Just roll fucking Clustered Shots into it if you're going to do it like that, idiot.

>Blood
Why? Why is Magical Bond even a thing?
>Black Arrow
It's non-magical arrows only, doesn't list an action at all, doesn't say how much damage you take, and even if it's the same damage as you add then it's SHIT because holy fuck that's a bad ability. Why don't you just make the optional black arrow thing basically work like a Smite type effect?
>Death Arrow
You're peruvian or some other shitskin country, aren't you? The writing quality shows. Either way, it's a shit ability and you should stop.

Why is there even a Drow one? What?
Vitriol doesn't have a duration at all, it's shit.
Dark Crown doesn't actually explain how it works with the Alchemy bit, and the DC part of overpowered as shit.

>Bloodline
>It splits stats between Cha/Int
It's shit. Fix it or commit suicide, you're obviously too dumb to bother continuing.

>Moon
>Frost Arrows from DotA
>No save at all, no resources, works on all arrows forever
Gee boss, this was surely a good idea, what could ever be wrong with this.

>Rapture
Gay and shit.

>Shadow
>Feinting as an Archer
>Shadow BLADES
>Works on ARROWS
>By the time it comes online, every arrow does +12d6 Cold
>Every time you hit with it, you can swap again
Wow. I'm impressed by how fucking retarded you are.

Continued.
>>
>>48048028
Did you accidentally shitpost this here instead of making a whole new shitposting thread?
>>
>>48048152

>Storm
>Worse invulnerable rager endure elements
>Everything else under it
Stop. Just stop.

>Sun
6th level ability doesn't work because you don't meet the pre-reqs and it doesn't ignore it, kill yourself.
>Solar Flare
>Using your wizard level
So nothing, then.
>Burning Heart
>Fire off a Scorching Ray with every attack
Are you retarded, or are you legitimately this bad at design? I'm truly asking here. Were you dropped on your head as a child? Do you require a helmet?

Alright. I'm done. I've seen enough of this awful fucking garbage to know that there's both no point in reading further because it's going to drive me to start fucking drinking, and because there's literally no possible way that you've shown this to someone and they actually went "Yes, sure, this is alright and you should bother to show people" rather than telling you to burn it.

If Reddit has seriously encouraged you to keep it like this, then that site has to be even more shit than everyone memes it up to be.
>>
>>48048245
Reddit told him to change it, and he ignored them because they clearly didn't see his genius.
</sarcasm>
>>
>>48048152
>>48048245
Oh, like you're some kind of professional? There is a reason the table, and just because you need a lollypop?!
>>
>>48048125
Impossible bloodline is tempting(especially for the free Craft Wondrous Item that allow ignoring spell prereqs), but at the end of the day I'd have to go either for rakshasa for mind reading, silver tongue and alter self, or one of the genie bloodlines for limited wish as a SLA.
>>
>>48048323
>tear apart my homebrew
>get torn apart
>WAAAAW WHO ASKED YOU
>>
>>48048323
What the fuck does that even MEAN? You're making yourself look even worse, dude.
>>
>>48047652
>The boss is still Hitler with quad Electric-Ignition Rotary Autocannons
>YFW you loot the things
>YFW when you can finally deal damage with autofire weapons
>>
>>48048323
I'm not a professional, but at least I'm not a complete novice who's literally too incompetent to be able to make the abilities he's trying to create actually function in the first place.

The FIRST STEP to fixing it in the long, long process that would be attempting to unfuck this abortion of content is that you really need to go find a damn formatting guide to how to write Pathfinder content. Formatting along will literally make or break your content. If your thing looks like shit or reads like shit? Nobody will use it, because that means it IS shit.

You're literally a petulant little shitskin child who came here after being repeatedly told both here and on Reddit that your content had massive, far-reaching issues, and you're bitching that people did something other than suck your dick for how good you think it is.

I sincerely hope that someone screencaps all your bullshit from here and plasters it all over whatever faggoty reddit bullshit you tried to post, and fully exposes you for the staggeringly retarded cumpdumpster that you are.
>>
File: 1458609620559.jpg (6 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1458609620559.jpg
6 MB, 3000x3000
>>48042679
>Long story short, nearly every single veil CAN be useful if you see the situation coming (Viziers have an edge here, both in research and in. Veilshifting). None of the Veils are designed to work alone, and few are good in a vacuum.

But prepared casters can leave slots open.

Veilweavers have to weave their fucking veils at the start of the day. Unless you're a vizier with limited veilshifting.

Can Ssalarn not see the problem here?

>>48043567
Why is this template going on the zealot? I thought everyone hated that class?
>>
>>48047877
>DO NOT COPY
>>
>>48048480
You wouldn't download a car!
>>
>>48048493
i would, actually
>>
>>48048497
Uh sorry mate the PSAs explicitly said you wouldn't. I don't make the rules here.
>>
>>48048493
Just wait till the auto industry revives that old line as 3d printers grow more popular
>>
>>48048505
nigga, the fuck is a PEE ESS AYY
>>
>>48048538
>what is a PUSSY
/pfg/ summed up
>>
>>48048663
well? what is it?
>>
File: 1401537973856.gif (227 KB, 360x239) Image search: [Google]
1401537973856.gif
227 KB, 360x239
>>48048493
>tfw you're at most 20 years off from being able to actually download a car
>>
>>48048713
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vagina
>>
>>48048744
Nigga, the fuck is this roastbeef shit i'm seeing?
>>
File: Souls_f17e64_5870744.jpg (97 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Souls_f17e64_5870744.jpg
97 KB, 900x506
>>48048713
>>
File: 1421952479951.jpg (57 KB, 702x1000) Image search: [Google]
1421952479951.jpg
57 KB, 702x1000
Gentlemen, how do we fix Magaambya?
>>
>>48048791
make him a eunich
>>
>>48048801
Magaambya is a place.

>>48048791
Remove Paizo
>>
>>48048791
Is there anything wrong with the character? I've only heard complaints about the archetype and prestige class
>>
>>48044499
My DM tells me that the rest of our group wants to do an evil campaign.I was wondering if anyone had some ideas for interesting evil characters that have depth to them. Goals or motivations especially as I don't find goals like power or wealth all that interesting.
>>
>>48048801
>make a school of magical study anthropomorphized into a eunuch
that is strangely fitting
>>
>>48046255
I occasionally run big fights. Full party plus ten npcs versus twenty enemies for each wave. I just tend to aggregate. I don't roll for each enemy, I roll two d20s and based on their results take off two or six friendly npcs.
>>
>>48048839
Magaambya is a place. Jatembe is the person mate
>>
>>48048446
About veilweaving: I'm not Ssalarn, so I don't know why he made the choice, but I do agree with it. Mostly from the other direction, though, I think that the ability to rebuild a third or more of your character each night is plenty. In testing all three classes, DSP got little feedback saying it felt excessive or too punishing (I was a playtester at the time, it was before I got picked up).

I do hear you on this, I just disagree on the magnitude of the issue. We aren't trying to write classes that always have all the answers at their fingertips, we're trying to write characters that are fun and functional in game, both to play as and to play with.

As for Zealot, it exists. Therefore, it will get continued support, we don't just drop things because the devs aren't fans. Not only that, but it really does fit the character being portrayed. If things don't pan out during development, then I can easily drop support for it.
>>
>>48048875
Ah, well ignore me then.
>>
>>48048739
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMQJkkchTi4
Not so long from now, we'll be pirating not only cars, but any other electronic device or industrialized tool's blueprints. Short on a few specific screws? No worry, search the model of the screw you need, find its blueprint, and print it yourself at home
>>
>>48049136
Now what about onaholes?
>>
>>48049189
The only limit is how many blueprints can you pirate.
But if you're that desperate, you can literally cook your own right now with cornstarch
>>
>>48048791
Nuking it from orbit

Actually, are there any such weapons in Pathfinder?
>>
>>48044499
So I'm running a campaign where undead don't exist. How should I adjust the cleric's channel energy ability to compensate?
>>
>>48048944
>I think that the ability to rebuild a third or more of your character each night is plenty
It means shit when you can't change your feats and Str/Dex/Con/Int/Wis/Cha.

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46473050/#46477296

Says here that the template is for
>stalker, warder, harbinger, and mystic
How did the zealot get into the mix?
>>
>>48048841
True love.

Except he's, you know, a horrible person and nobody would love him.

So he is trying to create a way to make someone fall into true, unshakable love via <insert method here>. Magic seems likely, but psionics, alchemy, ancient artifacts, soul maniplulation... it's all on the table.

Bonus points if the character can't actually feel love either, and secretly wants to use the method on himself after perfecting it.
>>
>>48048323
One need not be a master chef to know the steaks are now charcoals.
>>
File: Huh.png (849 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Huh.png
849 KB, 1366x768
>>48049226
Wait.
What?
>>
>>48049719
Shimoneta's ending had instructions on to making a home-made onahole.
>>
>>48049719
Sweet summer child, never lose that innocence. It's a valuable treasure in this day and age.
>>
>>48049658
I like you anon. This is perfect.
>>
>>48049529
choose another random class of enemies that it'll damage, then make up logic to justify why that group is an abomination to that cleric's god and therefore will be damaged by divine magic.

example
>[cleric's god] did not intend for any other races to overpower [cleric's race], which are Medium sized. Therefore her channel energy ability will damage humanoid creatures larger than Medium.

You can probably do better than that, but yeah, you get the idea.
>>
>>48049543
Really does mean a lot. Try it, everything but the most ferociously dedicated build of Guru and Vizier can perform acceptably well in at least 2-3 off roles, often without needing to shift more than essence. Daevic is harder to arrange for, but is usually packing some utility unless you're going for a DPR Olympics build.

Zealot entered the conversation on another medium. It wasn't yet discussed as a possibility on PFG, and is still tentative.
>>
>>48047961
Given the way the author of that homebrew has reacted to any criticism (after having asked for criticism) on Reddit, I don't doubt that yesterday's episode really was him. However since >>48047877 is identical to >>48036536, I imagine this is just a copypasta meant to get people riled up again.
>>
File: 1452681426555.png (309 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1452681426555.png
309 KB, 960x960
>>48049731
Shimoneta is certainly something special.
>>
>>48049529
Replace it with damaging creatures that would ping on Detect Evil.
>>
>>48049808
>but the most ferociously dedicated build of Guru and Vizier can perform acceptably well in at least 2-3 off roles
Forrest's Living Legend and Host of Heroes honestly do this gimmick a lot better and more elegantly than the shitpile that is akasha.
>>
>>48049658
How well would using Confabulation Powder work? Implanting whole histories of fake love sounds ideal especially since even if he uses it on himself it will do nothing
>>
>>48049823
I would be a happy boy if this could replace that garbage mourners meme.
>>
File: 1467261801803.jpg (50 KB, 564x536) Image search: [Google]
1467261801803.jpg
50 KB, 564x536
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about how tieflings fit into your settings. Are they bizarre outsiders? Domineering tyrants? Exiles from an empire now in ruins?
>>
>>48049962
They're normal people like everyone else.
>>
>>48049962
killed on sight along with gnomes. Though some say there is an island kingdom where they live in peace side by side with humanity.
>>
>>48049962

Accursed mutants spawned by humans who procreate with fiends.

Not exactly original, I know, but I never felt like they needed a backstory beyond that.
>>
>>48049976
Cuck
>>
>>48048446
>>48048944

Bit off topic from what you're discussing but
>Why is this template going on the zealot? I thought everyone hated that class?

Why do people hate Zealot? I personally enjoyed it because I'm weeb trash and it let me play Kamina but.
>>
File: neeshka.jpg (84 KB, 350x550) Image search: [Google]
neeshka.jpg
84 KB, 350x550
>>48049962
Bullied orphans that people often give to the church, what else do you want.
>>
>>48050044
Has to do with Zealot warping play due to hyper performance at defense. They outperform bards at buffing WHILE outfighting an inquisitor. They are simply too efficient with their recovery mechanic. They stand out in front with Raven Lord Harbingers as the most powerful PoW classes.
>>
>>48050121
>too efficient with recovery
Only if they're Void Prophet, standard Zealot recovery sucks.
>>
File: How.png (87 KB, 596x309) Image search: [Google]
How.png
87 KB, 596x309
>>48049976
>>
>>48049962
One of a growing number of mutant subraces of humanity (which itself is made of many subraces. Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, etc are all included in the human count) who have been tainted by otherplanar energy. This wouldn't be so bad for them were it not for the fact that stuff from other planes it hated and feared because of the growing number of portals and rifts opening up and spewing outsiders everwhere.

Some of these outsiders are inherently aggressive but the most dangerous are the groups who are actively warring with each other and keep getting human settlements caught in the crossfire.
>>
>>48050441
High fantasy. You think people are going to bat an eye at the lovechild of a paladin and a devil when there are wizards running around, making owlbears and shaping mountains into giant dicks?
>>
>>48050284
>move action maneuver recovery
>Buffs self or ally with a big buff with recovery
>Buffs all allies for small bard buff
>Sucks
Anon are you high?
Void prophet can maybe get 1/round depending on saves and then maybe a full refresh every other round.
With the normal zealot you get a full refresh any round you aren't moving meaning you can use a strike and recover others in the same turn while buffing all of your allies.
>>
File: Slut Gria.png (166 KB, 591x419) Image search: [Google]
Slut Gria.png
166 KB, 591x419
>>48050475
They wouldn't even bat an eye at a Paladin and Succubus' prom-date baby. Pic related.
>>
>>48050453
You see, I'm all for cultural relativism. Giant dick shaped mountains and wizard spawned wereplatypi are are all well and good to the average folk in a setting where crazy magic is common, but the bastard lovechild of a literal embodiment of elemental evil and a holy warrior sworn to denounce and destroy said evil by mandate of his god is outlandish by its very nature.
>>
>>48050523

>Wizards are so out of control that young paladins getting demons teen pregnant isn't considered very unusual
>>
>>48050600
meant for >>48050475
>>
>>48050600
Wrong post, methinks
>but the bastard lovechild of a literal embodiment of elemental evil and a holy warrior sworn to denounce and destroy said evil by mandate of his god is outlandish by its very nature.
You'd think that, wouldn't you? But no, it happens disturbingly often.
>>
>>48050656
Tieflings aren't the offspring of paladins and demons. That makes Half-Fiends, explicitly.

It's when that half-fiend fucks a normal person, and then their kid fucks a normal person, and so on for a few generations, long enough for the demon bullshit to spring up somewhere far down the line.

It's like you guys can't fucking read.
>>
>>48050121
Ah alright. Although why is Raven Lord so good? I haven't really looked at it and if the answer is "go look at it asshole" fair enough, but friend remembers it sucking when he looked at it.
>>
>>48050738
Having a second hyper intelligent character with you that has as many defensive abilities as the Dark Messanger is too strong.
>>
>>48050765
I bet you're the sort to ban Thrallherd and Leadership too.
>>
>>48050777
Leadership is too powerful. Having a second PC beholden to a PC is too powerful.
>>
>>48050674
Why don't they just call them quarter-fiends? Where are the quarter-dragons at?
>>
>>48050791
Or you're a faggot and can't balance for it appropriately.
>>
File: PZO1135-Unknown.jpg (103 KB, 936x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO1135-Unknown.jpg
103 KB, 936x1000
Horror Adventures previews next week
>>
>>48050501
>Confused Looking Anime Girls with interregation marks on their heads 6.png
>interregation
>6

Someone got a lot of typos to fix tonight.
>>
File: PZO1135-Lini.jpg (145 KB, 645x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO1135-Lini.jpg
145 KB, 645x1000
>>48050827
>>
>>48050803
Leadership is legitimately unbalanced, though.
>>
>>48050827
Spooky skeletons put on pristine new capes these days? What a dork. I bet he's the LARPer of his skeleton group.
>>
>>48050827
Sweet Christmas.
>>
>>48050827
That's public indecency, I shouldn't be able to see your bones in public.

>>48050851
Anything that lets you throw more wizards at the problem will be.
>>
>>48050851
No, it isn't. All it means is encounters get harder. If you can't handle a large party size you fucking suck as a GM anyway.
>>
>>48050851

Yeah, but in my experience, most people take it for the waifus/husbandos rather than the mechanical benefits.
>>
>>48050803
The fact I have to specifically balance around a single feat means it is too strong. Can I balance it? Yes. Does that mean it isn't broken? No. I can make a monk/wizard party work. That does not mean they are balanced for play against each other.
>>
>>48050854
He just showed up to a tailor one day and asked what could be done to make him spookier. Hard position for a tailor to be in, do you really want to give him some intentionally-shitty thing that an adventurer can see your tag on after slaying? You'll get a reputation.
>>
>>48050827
O hell yes, if been waiting for this!¡!¡!
>>
>>48050868
Leadership doesn't do anything to effect encounters at all. It's counted in the CR of the PC that takes it, with no change.
>>
File: I am losing control of my life.png (80 KB, 541x471) Image search: [Google]
I am losing control of my life.png
80 KB, 541x471
>>48050839
Shit. I'm fucking 57 images deep in misspelt anime reactions. Can I hire someone to organize all my images and correct all my spelling? How much do you think it'd cost?
>>
>>48050827
>>
>>48050738
Ravenlord swaps native mobility for something that's almost, but not quite, a second Harbinger. Used well, you and your bird are a potent source of control and defense, but you share the same pool of maneuvers and as a bird your buddy isn't rocking great native power until you start enhancing it.
>>
File: PZO1135-Introduction.jpg (371 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
PZO1135-Introduction.jpg
371 KB, 1200x800
>>48050827
>>
>>48050929
Write a program, it's easy.
>>
File: Computer Hacking 2.jpg (37 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
Computer Hacking 2.jpg
37 KB, 636x477
>>48051002
>Write a program
You think I'm some kinda techo-wizard Hacker? Programming is scary.
>>
>>48050922
If you think adding another combatant to the party's side, NPC or feature of a feat, shouldn't make the encounters harder, you're fucking retarded.

>>48050876
>against
>in the party
It's a cooperative game, shitlord. Classes were never meant to be balanced against one another, they're meant to be balanced against monsters.
>>
>>48051069
Do it in Visual Basic then, we won't have to know you cheated.
>>
>>48050600
Paladins, Clerics, Wizards, and Warlocks all have breeding contests with Outsiders. Outsiders sometimes participate in these events, as well. If a Paladin and a Devil have a child, whichever result (aasimar or tiefling) counts as one point towards that alignment's side. The goal is to efficiently produce a superior quantity of children for your team.
>>
>>48050929
Select all images in folder.
Press F2 to rename.
Enter name, like Smug Waifus.
Press Enter.
All images will be named Smug Waifus (1), (2), etc.
>>
>>48051100
>It's a cooperative game, shitlord. Classes were never meant to be balanced against one another, they're meant to be balanced against monsters.
Are you stupid or purposefully trying to misinterpret? Monks and Wizards can not contribute to a party equally. Once a player takes leadership he now contributes nearly double of that of the rest of the party, especially if it is two already high tier classes. Single players being more important to the party than the rest, by a wide margin, is a problem.

I can't see you not just having some form of brain problems if you think Leadership is balanced against the rest of feats.
>>
>>48051164
>implying it matters if individual players contribute precisely as much as everybody else
Leadership, like any other part of the game, is only bad if it's ruining someone's fun.

I bet you're the kind of autist that bans anything that isn't T3 for 'muh balance' and then wonders why his players die in difficult encounters.

No, I take that back. I doubt you even know what a properly difficult encounter looks like for any party, regardless of tier.
>>
>>48050991
Since you're here, how does the Omen Rider's horse work? I know it doesn't attack and the HP/AC are spelled out, but is it treated as a creature (read: does it get feats?). Giving it Narrow Frame would be kind of nice.
>>
>>48051214
Nice job making assumptions m8. Normally I do ban more than a 3 tier difference unless the player who is on the low end is aware he is playing on the low end. Too many players end up wanting to play a fighter in a group of wizards & clerics and then end up not being able to contribute meaningfully.
>>
>>48051164
>>48051214
Bro even putting aside how much power it provides, giving one player more turns is usually a really stupid idea. Pathfinder combat isn't that fast to start with, throwing extra bodies at it makes it worse. Especially when those bodies have actual class levels.
>>
File: EAGER.gif (401 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
EAGER.gif
401 KB, 500x281
>>48051143
Holy shit anon, you're a wizard. I love you.
>>
>>48051100
It doesn't, though. That's outright been answered in the rules multiple times.
>>
File: 1457512303314.png (752 KB, 700x840) Image search: [Google]
1457512303314.png
752 KB, 700x840
>>48051239
>I do ban more than a 3 tier difference

So you allow divination (foresight) wizards and archetypeless soulknives in the same party?
>>
>>48051282
If the people are aware and I know the wizard isn't TRYING to outshine the party? Yes. It depends on the players and you have to make judgement depending on the situation. The 3 tier gap is something I usually use for new groups that i have no gotten a gauge on the players yet.
>>
>>48051245
>giving one player more turns is usually a really stupid idea
So you ban Druid animal companions, Eidolons, and Familiars? Shit sucks for the Hunter, since all his class features are based around his pet!
>>
>>48051304
>I know the wizard isn't TRYING to outshine the party
Wizards do that by existing. It isn't something they have to try to do.
>>
>>48051259
Yeah okay. I'll just let all my players take Leadership and the feat for an animal companion and just NOT make anything harder, that'll be balanced.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>48051316
>>48051304

I find that if a mage focuses on support they don't outshine the party what so ever.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 82

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.