[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song of Swords: The Rahoo Riders Never Die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: juarez.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
juarez.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1080
LAST TIME ON SONG OF SWORDS
Hole in the Stars
Wait, actual progress?
Cannibalism!
New folks get accustomed to the game

Song of Swords is a realistic fantasy tabletop RPG that draws inspiration from historical fechtbuchs, weapons and armor. Its combat system is fast and it can be used for both fantasy and historical/mundane settings.

Call of the Void is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

Here's a .rar archive with the newest version of the rules as well as all related current working documents. At this time the latest version is v1.9.9:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/12xqm1p2q69m392/Song_of_Swords.rar

Here's a walkthrough on creating a character
http://paste2.org/aKfOBmWJ

Here's a walkthrough on weapon schools for SoS 1.9.9 with examples
http://paste2.org/6OyOsFM3

Here's Ballad of the Laser Whales' latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lp4ajap6ydldx7g/CoTV+Ballad+of+the+Laser+Whales+Alpha+1.4.pdf

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

Now, y'all know it, we've all said it. The legend continues, ya hear?
>>
Name's McCree.
>>
>>48029396
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiwIlBF1WR8
Thread Theme.
>>
What is the word "Rahoo" anyway? I thought it was a casual ethnocultural appellation like "Yankee", "Dixie", "Kiwi", or "Boer".
>>
Potentially retarded question, what exactly is a bonus success in combat?

If you throw 5 hits and I throw 3 parry, is it 1 BS or 2?

If I throw 5 hits and you didn't get to defend, is that 5 BS or 4?
>>
>>48030430
in song of swords, sorry.
>>
>>48030430
Parry BS is each one above what you needed to parry.

As for attacks I don't quite recall is the first success counts as a BS or not though I feel it was changed to to be that way at some point.
>>
>>48030430
2 BS and 5 BS
I'm pretty sure that since there is no fixed RS for combat maneuvers it's treated like 0 RS, so any Success is a Bonus.

That's how I think of it anyways.
>>
>>48029056
12-pistol
87-Oversized
71-Revolver
54-double action
67-swing out
73-7 rounds
11-7.5mm
61-overcoat
22-trusty
So, a really giant pistol with really small bullets.
>>
>>48030571
The success that causes the hit counts as a success. So if you have four successes, and the other guy has three to parry, you have one BS. This is different from, say, World of Darkness.
>>
Looking over character creation. What's the difference between Allies and Folks Back Home boons? Wanting to make a prince (2nd or 3rd son) and trying to decide on which 3 picks I should choose from the High Royalty social class. Would I need to take Folks Back Home to represent that my family still supports me?
>>
>>48031435
Folks back home would probably work best. Allies represent separate institutions that support you, rather than personal connections.
>>
>>48029396
IT'S HIGH NOOOOOOON
>>
>>48031435
Folks back home seems more like parents and relations while allies is more "i'm friends with a Duke in the Kaselreich"
>>
>>48031525
>>48031510
Got'cha. I feel like High Royalty should probably have Folks Back Home (8) instead of (6). I guess I'll house rule it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (57 KB, 1788x640) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
57 KB, 1788x640
You don't have to roll on that table. I made a program that automatically rolls on the table for you.
>>
>>48032179
upload then faggot
>>
>>48030430
BS in combat is how many more successes you have than the opposing roll. If you roll 5 successes and I roll 3, you have 2 BS.

If you roll 4 successes and I also roll 4 successes, there would be 0 BS. For example Parries have an optional rule for getting 0 BS.

If there's no roll to oppose you, then there are no successes to oppose you, so that would count as 0 successes for them. (Unless they're using Companion Dagger with a 1d Parry, which creates a success, but that's hopefully an obvious exception.)
>>
>>48032179
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9wju9sc59l9tai4/Ballad_of_the_Laser_Whales_automatic_gun_generator_Export_version_v3_5-6-2016.rar

This was made in Excel 2010 and it uses VBA, so you need VBA.
>>
>>48031525
I feel like there's a distinction with the "back home" part, and allies represents a more direct, easy to access form of aid, hence the higher cost.
>>
>>48032569
Thanks
>>
>>48031435
Take Allies if they can directly come to your aid, or you can call upon them like an ally, Take Folks Back Home if they're too distant to help directly, but if they're great their name might help.
>>
File: RandomGunGenerator.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
RandomGunGenerator.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48030740
67-Shotgun
79-Bolt Action
70-Mid Length
35-Tube
66-7 Rounds
65-Just Works

>>48032179
But I like rolling.
>>
>>48034743
I've gotten nothing but silliness from this, like guns with higher rates of fire than magazine capacity and massive emplaced machine guns that fire tiny, tiny bullets very slowly.
>>
>>48034743
>those calibers

7.5? Fukkin 7.5 Swede Nagant? WHY? Why not just use 32 acp aka 7.65mm if you want something in the 7mm range?
>>
>>48036373
If you ever wondered what Borderlands would look like if it was written by fascists instead of Antony Burch, now you know.
>>
>>48036428
I don't know about IRL, but with it's 5 damage and 3 AP it's better than a good amount of other pistol ammos.
>>
File: rpg7.jpg (180 KB, 939x668) Image search: [Google]
rpg7.jpg
180 KB, 939x668
/k/fag here. Not a whole lot negative to say about the calibers in the nazi space game. Gotta say I'm surprised this was made by Americans. Everything is metric and there's not nearly enough .45 ACP fetishism. If I had a complaint, it'd be that dual-wielding is way better than it is realistically. If you've ever tried to get a sight picture with two weapons at once you'll know what I mean. I would give it a penalty to Aim, since that more or less reinforces that it's only really useful in unleashing a lot of lead in close quarters. You can't point-shoot at something a hundred yards away and expect to hit anything.

Also, the lore is really bare in the book, there's basically nothing there. Here's a question, what do tanks and such run on? Petroleum? Whale sperm or some shit? That would completely screw with any allegory for WWII, oil reserves are a big deal, but in a world where you harvest fuel from animals, there are no oil fields, right?
>>
>>48037350
>DualWielding
>A character may Dual Wield pistols (using two at once) with the following Benefits:
>+Can perform a Shoot Action of any variety available to the weapon (Regular, Burst, etc) with each weapon
>+Can reload both weapons simultaneously if stationary (no Move Action that phase)
>And the following Penalties:
>-4 to MP with all attacks
>Cannot use the Aim Action normally with either weapon.

Dual Wielding isn't much better than realistically.
>>
File: K01.png (216 KB, 2248x854) Image search: [Google]
K01.png
216 KB, 2248x854
UC Naval Pistol
Range 10m
MTN 6

>The weapon’s range, firing past a weapon’s range increment grants the target +1 Defense per multiple of the range increment.
>The RS to hit a stationary mansized target not in cover is 4.

To shoot a man-sized target at 100m and hit requires 4 + 9 = 13 RS.

Aim+Aim+Regular Fire (Aim+Shoot) takes 3 phases, and gives 6+PER additional dice to your MP.
Your total dice rolled is MP + 6 + PER.
To have exactly a 50% chance to hit the target at all, you need a total of 25 dice. But this includes 0 BS hits, which are virtually worthless. 25 dice gives you a 34.5% chance to get 14+ successes, a little over 1-in-3.
The chance of 14+ successes raises to 50% with 27 dice.

In other words: To land a telling hit against a target 100m away with a 10m range pistol with MTN 6 requires:
21 dice for a 9.46% chance | MP + Per = 15
25 dice for a 34.5% chance | MP + PER = 19
27 dice for a 50% chance | MP + PER = 21

The max attribute you can have at character creation is 8, so that means you'll need a respective MP of 7, 11, and 13 to hit those marks. That means it's extremely difficult to hit that target at this range with this weapon. You'll need to make use of talents and accessories to improve your chances.

By the way, at MTN 7 rather than MTN 6, your telling hit chances with 27 dice drop from 50% to 14.47%.

>>48037350
>I'm surprised a game that shows people know about guns was made by Americans
Oh you. That's like being surprised that Soviets made a really good game of political subversion.
>>
>>48038435
>7.5mm
>Hitting anything at any distance
kek
>>
>>48038435
Should it be easy to hit someone with a pistol at 100 meters?
>>
>>48038435
If you have a Marksman's Scope and the That Was Left Handed! talent (which requires PER 6+), you raise your Aim dice from 6+PER to 12+PER, which helps a lot.
>>
>>48037350
Glad to hear you like the game. If you have any questions or suggestions, I'm always happy to hear them. Feedback is important for improving the game.

And don't mind some of the ridiculous cartridges, some of them are just there for effect.

As for dual wielding, we encountered those very same problems, but we did remove the ability to benefit from Aim with dual wielding for exactly that reason. While characters can specialize in it, for most situations it's a desperate tactic for increasing your rate of fire when you only have pistols. With the Akimbo talent tree you can even put down some reasonable suppressive fire with a pair of revolvers, which could come in useful in some situations.

In our own games we've found that it's more effective 90% of the time to use one pistol more accurately than to blast away with two, so I think that's pretty realistic.
>>
>>48038914
You wrote all this? Good work buddy. I think it's pretty good. My one big complaint right now is that melee requires me to download a whole new game. What's up with that? Can't bayoneting someone just be a simple roll?
>>
>>48039439
Well, given that Ballad was made after Song of Swords as a drunken dream, you're more downloading the original game.

I mean you can have your GM arbitrate melee into simply Strike/Thrust vs Parry/Void, but you're missing out on 50% of the fun of something called the Song of Swords general.
>>
>>48034190
That interpretation breaks down if the campaign is shifting location fairly often, doesn't it?
>>
Actually, for Social Class Benefits, I feel like the cost of the different options are so widely different, that one could end up gimping himself through their choices. Why not simply do something like Dire Past, but the player and GM cooperate to decide what would be most fitting for their position. Each column has 2 more B&B points to spend (i.e. Slave has 2 B&B, High Royalty has 20). The table can remain there as an example of choices for that tier.
>>
>>48040050
Sorta. You can't always call on your friends, especially when you sail half a world away though. Allies and FBH are both geographically tied
>>
File: cleave.gif (2 MB, 350x194) Image search: [Google]
cleave.gif
2 MB, 350x194
fecht allready, faggots!
>>
>>48040239
>dragonborn vs draugr
>>
>>48040162
>Why not simply do something like Dire Past, but the player and GM cooperate to decide what would be most fitting for their position
Because the player and GM can and should already be doing that. It's not like the player makes a character and the GM has to just deal with it.
>>
>>48038914
Song of swords is the original game. After the progression of it hinged mostly on other people (editing and shit), Jimmy started working on ballad for some time.
At least that's how I heard it.
>>
Why does nobody run fechts anymore?
Low hype?
>>
>>48040288
I realize that, but my point was there's a big difference between taking Allies (10), Contacts (6), and Folks Back Home (6) over Literate (3), Languages (3), and Hale and Hearty (2), all of which you could still grab for relatively cheap via the regular B&B choices. It would seemingly be more balanced and efficient to just give a number of B&B points to each social class. It seems there's built in false choices here, but maybe I'm thinking about it wrong.
>>
>>48040577
Well, if the Sharpefecht was any indication it's probably because hardly anyone is awake when their run or else people aren't participating in them.
>>
>>48040556
That is pretty much how it happened, except for some time being a single night because he was banned. And then it was just polishing the nugget of good he shat out in his drunked stupor.
>>48040577
I would but timezones and there's also the fact that I am bad at it. Maybe one weekend, when I don't care about doing anything.
>>
>>48040651
>Sharpefecht
Come back Sharpebro, I want to kill frenchmen
>>
Anyone read Brian McClellan's Powder Mage trilogy? That'd be a pretty cool setting to fecht about in.
>>
>>48040604
Free B&B points would just lead to Murdernobles. "I have tall 2 and NBK3 because i'm a noble as well as all the bonuses from noble school"
Allies, Contacts, and Folks back home all require you to roleplay to get their full benefit while literate is practically necessary to be a noble and Languages(3) is super good
>>
>>48042119
That's why I mentioned the choices should be made alongside the GM, as "I'm tall 2 because I'm Noble" is retarded. And if that isn't clear, all that is needed is a note that mentions the choices should make sense as a benefit of the character's social class. The way it is right now, you could end easily end up with the same B&B benefits as someone in the social class below you.
>>
>>48043144
obviously you took those because they made the most sense for your character so what is the issue. The purpose of the free B&B is so that you don't end up a noble who can't read/write and has no family. The PCP is balanced against the money side of thing
>>
Wrapping my head around weapon schools. Do these looks correct? I'm not sure how the human bonus affects things.

Soldier School (Level 11; Primary: 2H Sword, Grappling, Polearm). Cost: 21 (Initial: 4; Level 9: 17), -5sp.

Self-Taught (Level 8; Primary: 1H Blunt; Secondary: Grappling). Cost: 13 (Initial: 2; Level 8: 11).
>>
>>48043626
Whoops. First one should be Level 10 (rather than 11 or 9).
>>
>>48043144
Building a character with the GM is always the best choice which is why I like to have character creation sessions, rather than everyone creating a character separately. But, I think the current B&B for social class system is probably the best option, since it's primarily a way to make sure your character fits into his or her role. It's weird to have a sickly, illiterate, unconnected nobleman, and this prevents that very simply and with a minimum of arguing. Social class is already an absurdly powerful thing. You can get a fucking massive amount of money and I'm not sure that noble social classes need to be any better or more flexible than they are now.
>>
>>48043626
It's only 20 points for 3 weapon level 10 soldier school, as they get a 1 point discount on Tier 1, thus, you could sneak another weapon proficiency in.

The Self-taught is spot on.
>>
>>48044862
>>48043626
Although like the Soldier school, you could add another secondary proficiency, or have two other weapons at level 1. Proficiency points that are not used at character creation are wasted.

Although if I was GMing, I'd let you shift unused prof points into skill points.
>>
Aren't schools being removed in the next version? I think I read something along those lines here at some point.
Not quite sure though
>>
>>48045109
> next version
when
>>
>>48045168
That's the big question.

The usual answer is Soon(tm)
>>
to add to what I just said:

I also don't quite know why shools are getting thrown out (if that is right at all, there's still the chance I'm remembering stuff wrong).
I quite like the idea of shools I think, but I get that they may want to throw it out, because it's probably one of the most confusing parts of chargen.
>>
>>48045109
I don't think schools are being REMOVED, just reworked a lot.
>>
Can you simultaneous x/attack when you declare red in SoS?
>>
>>48045687
"Aggressive means that the character is actively engaging an enemy. When a character
throws Aggressive, they commit to offensive action in the first Round, and chooses a
Target before Defensive and Cautious characters do, and gain Initiative against any
Defensive or Cautious character they Target. Characters who throw Aggressive have
access to the Beat and Lance Charge Maneuvers in the first Round of combat."

You just can't flee or total block.
>>
>>48045934
Thanks, that's what I thought.

So, a lot of people have mentioned that you should use the CotV initiative system over the clunkier SoS one. After a few basic rule style fechts we're feeling concerned regarding bouts and the like in actual play. It seems like bout resolution results in players watching bouts for the duration of the clash count.

So, after a cursory reading of CotV and some practice with SoS, how would you integrate the CotV initiative and missile rules into a lower tech (bows and a few matchlocks) SoS game?
>>
>>48046023
We've been waiting for Jimmy to answer that question for months. But instead he's been getting his butt kicked in video games.
>>
>>48038914
>no response to the oil thing
Is that an oversight that you don't have a solution to then?
>>
>>48046200
has anyone attempted their own system for mixing the two? I can figure it out for myself I guess, but I'd be interested in hearing how other anons handle it. So far in fechting its been a lot of either dicking around for 2-3 short clash bouts or red/red instagib first round murders.
>>
Fucking palmupuita.
>>
>>48046299
Give him an hour of drinking.
>>
>>48043144
>"Well I was thinking my character's had an extremely healthy diet due to his wealth, as well as plenty of time to hone his physical hardiness and skill, on top of, of course, being naturally selected for imposing charisma and strength what with being nobility, so I gave him Tall, Natural Born Killer (he's had so much training after all) and Tireless Lobster (he loved running around in his father's armor)"

With enough bullshitting and enough pretense of acting in good faith, it becomes hard for the GM to remove an ostensibly legal option without massive feelbads. There's really no reason to add those feelbads. Wealth is already plenty good.
>>
>>48046620
I just... do it? I haven't encountered anything that is contradictory. Reloading is a bit fucky, though, and I need to do the math for crossbows and muskets.
>>
>>48046620
Just double the range for SoS guns, and increase gun and crossbow reloads by, like, three.
>>
>>48048144
>palmupuita
The who in the what now?
>>
>>48037350
Petroleum does not exist (at least not in large quantities) in Ballad, but synthetic fuels have been made from bituminous coal--which is very plentiful.

This stuff is often used in lieu of whalebood oil, because it is less volatile and the supply is more regular--if more expensive. Chiron, Albion, and the Rahoo Islands are all centers of synthetic fuel production.

Planes, land vehicles and such are generally powered by this fuel, though whaleblood is a more powerful fuel, and can be used in more powerful engines. It is rarely used in mass-produced military vehicles, however, for logistical purposes.
>>
>>48054522
Bookmarked the ballad of the laser whales pdf, and tried to upload it. Google wanted me to prove I'm not a robot trying to replace Jimmy and co.

To prove myself, I had to keep clicking on some fucking palm trees. Over and over again.
>>
>>48055301
I hate those fucking ones. Mine have been storefronts like 80% of the time the last month.

And thanks for the bookmarked version.
>>
Can you add proficiencies to a school later with arc points or do you have to level additional weapon skills separately?
>>
>>48056139
Yes, you can, but you need to level the proficiency up to within a certain amount of the school you're adding too. I think it's two levels.
>>
With Self Taught schools, you don't have to take Poor Form for Defaults, do you? It would sort'a make sense, but it'd be a lot of extra shit too.
>>
>>48057069
No you already are penalized for defaulting
>>
>>48055647
>>48055301
>not using ReCaptcha v1.0
¿por que?
>>
>>48058123
Elite /g/ computer hackers need to shut up. Or instruct how they do their black arts.
>>
>>48057069
Defaults are not part of your school, so no.
>>
File: thankmruserscript.png (124 KB, 1643x964) Image search: [Google]
thankmruserscript.png
124 KB, 1643x964
>>48058402
Remember to praise your lord and savior rms for the glory of free software and 4chan X :^)
>>
File: tegaki.png (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9 KB, 400x400
>>48058537
This is amazing. I always knew 4chan x was a thing but never bothered with it. Thank you elite /g/ computer hacker.
>>
>>48058537
That's a sexy css, where did you get it?
>>
>>48058888
Stylechan 1.01's Vimyanized Dark, it's the first of the default themes. Requires 4chan X though (and specific forks of it, too)

notsaging for noncontribution because this thread needs a bump
>>
>>48029396
Anyone got links to the GOAT fechts? I need it for a quest I'm going to run.
>>
>>48060289
Thanks man.

Only thing I don't like at first glance is that I can't resize the qr window. And editing it in the css moves the minimized qr tab around, sometimes even out of the screen. Weird.

Well, I'll try it for some time.

>>48060424
Sorry, don't have a link right now, but there was a Ballad tournament about two weeks ago
>>
>>48060927
Nah, I need the GOAT one for the Kurts.
>>
>>48055071
>bituminous coal
>compressed wood from before bacteria evolved to decompose lignin
How exactly was this formed?

For that matter, what the fuck is the geology of these rocks in space?
>>
>>48061453
Maybe, even though we only know about floating islands, there's something under Underspace that would explain stuff that needs tectonic movement to form?
>>
Are there plans to release a bestiary? Would be nice to see how SoS handles things like zombies, trolls, etc.
>>
>>48061636
That's post-kickstarter content, once there's funding to illustrate the thing. Generally you want at bare minimum an illustration at least every four or five page (every other spread, with a few on a third instead of second spread), the more the better, so funding is important here. Ideally there should be one per page, and little doodles and diagrams like the ones in the Legend book would fit an SoS bestiary really well.
>>
The That Which Sleeps kickstarter seems to have met it's end. Not confirmed, but they shut down the forums after more than a year of no substantial update.

>I wouldn't be too surprised if he'd slipped into a depression. Massive lifestyle change (Fenicks [Dev's buddy] has hinted that Josh [Dev] used to hold a pretty high-up position, that was presumably well-paid, and is now just barely slipping by at poverty-level) in order to accommodate a massive project that just keeps running into problems. Plus all the family stuff that helped cause some of the delays way back at the beginning. Trying to cope via avoidance explains why the small amount of work we've heard about has been polish and almost entirely unrelated to the core functionality, plus why he's cut himself off from all of his social outlets (removing himself from the forum, that he seemed to enjoy, is noteworthy-but-minor - dodging all contact with Fenicks is on a different level entirely).

>It's a sad story, really, if this is where it ends. A broken friendship, a developer who is probably extremely miserable, disappointed backers, etc. There is no victor in such a scenario. No one benefits. If there is one lesson to be learned - crowd sourcing is a dangerous thing, and I would advise any rookie game developer, to strongly consider other options for the first game. Almost all of the success stories are from teams of people, who have multiple game releases behind them, and even then, very experienced developers can and do fail, even with significant funding.

Luckily, tabletop stuff tends to do better, most are successful, but there's always the tale of that guy who went bankrupt and lost his house because he fucked the funding up so badly.
>>
>>48061844
This is why you don't promise anything more than what you are absolutely certain you can provide with the human force you have available with or without the kickstarter being successful.

Look at Mighty No. 9 for something that promised the world and delivered... Well, better than nothing.
>>
>>48061899
>google it because I haven't been following it
>first result
>"Mighty No. 9 melds the old with the new, ends up with the worst of both"
Top-tier PR.
>>
>>48061899
I'm surprised people were surprised.

People have been saying it was shit for...well over a year.
>>
>>48062289
It's just the culmination point.

It's been shit for a long time, with lying and alienating their audience. They basically turned their most hardcore fans against them, and now that they officially release the game, they get all the shit down their neck from the storm they've build for a long time.
>>
>>48062353
That's what I'm saying.

But everyone's just...acting like this is a big shock. Like it's news.
>>
>>48062493
It is, now that it's officially released and they have washed their hands off it. It means they will never deliver on their promises, and they have the gall to release it anyway. It's newsworthy. The game is finished, and it's better than nothing. Their own words.
>>
>>48062493
I think most people haven't been following it. To them, it's just been delayed over and over again.

Sort of like another Kickstarter I can think of.
>>
>>48064115
Taking bets on whether or not Star Citizen will ever deliver.

I'm putting 50 bucks to "Not gonna happen, ever."
They have the same exact problem as Mighty No. 9. They promised too much, got too much money they didn't know what to do with, and never got a good team together to actually work on a game.

If Star Citizen delivers, I'll put those 50 bucks towards SoS kickstarter.
>>
>>48064186
What happens if SoS kickstarts before Star Citizen?
>>
>>48064387
Yeah, right. As if that would happen.
>>
>>48064387
>>48064403
What if neither release? Check mate atheists!
>>
>>48064661
It's like I've been edging for years.
>>
>>48064661
What if Jimmy's degeneracy finally catches up to him and he dies of Slavic Super AIDS?
>>
>>48065611
You can't kill that which was never truly alive to begin with. It's why the Holy Roman Empire was around for so long, and why the Papacy still exists.
>>
>>48066826
Kek.
>>
>>48060945
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/Marcelle%20Constantinople%20/

Should be a start
>>
>>48061844
I think we have the benefit of pretty minimal initial costs. Tabletop games are mostly unpaid labor until you get to art.
>>
>>48066826
atheistfags plz go
>>
>>48074529
What are we but a horde of unpaid playtesting shitposters?
>>
Did anyone ever find out if Coffeemancer was actually stabbed?
>>
>>48075462
AMEN
>>
>>48075632
I hope not. Taken from us just as he returned! Tragedy.
>>
>>48079580
If he was stabbed, that would be crazy terrible.
>>
File: thatfeelwhen.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelwhen.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>>48081213
>>48079580
>>48075632
>Check his Skype
>We can't show more information about this contact because they have not been online for a long time
>>
>>48081416
Uh oh.
>>
>>48081627
His last Tumblr post was on the 31st of May.
>>
>>48081784
2015 or 2016?
>>
>>48075632
Who exactly is the Coffeemancer?
>>
File: hitler-worf-mustache.jpg (39 KB, 475x380) Image search: [Google]
hitler-worf-mustache.jpg
39 KB, 475x380
What's /SoS/'s favourite inspirations for a Ballad of the Laser Whales game?
Movies, music, literature etc.?
For general Ballad, I'm thinking stuff like Master and Commander, WW1/WW2-era stuff (some recs in particular would be good),

For Chiron I'm thinking more WW1/WW2-era shit like music from the Red Alert games, industrial/post-industrial music e.g. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpRkjuQcGrk or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69CeKV5rgsk)

UC is weird, but enlightenment-era baroque and other "classical" music seems like a solid fit, maybe with freaky fusion-shit like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKp30C3MwVk or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjEJgBcN0hA

Technocracy I'm not sure about. It needs to be futuristic, but in a very retro way. Zeerust, but even older than nuclear age. It can't be discordant though, because that would belie an ignorance of musical harmony which is unfit for a bunch of pretentious cocksuckers with pretensions of enlightenment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybpOaShF0_s is close but it's not sterile enough for my tastes. Baroque is clinical but it wouldn't work because it's (generally) too upbeat and I see the Technocracy as no-fun-allowed always stick-up-their-asses tosspots.
The lower-class areas can obviously be mixed a lot with Sacred Chiron, but for the elite? Maybe I should just crib everything I can from movies like the Time Machine and Metropolis.

I'm honestly considering just asking the retards at lesswrong what they like but I'd probably just get a bunch of ska recommendations

The Hive is a complete enigma to me. How do I do communist music?

Music is the most pressing concern since I like ambience for my games, but again, movies and books and such are great fun to hear about too since other Anons might have different ideas (or a cool thing I haven't seen yet. Trust me, I've seen basically none, my ADHD didn't permit me to enjoy media, I fidgeted away, prior to now having meds)
>>
>>48085350
also, I don't really get any strong feelings evoked by the CIS. They seem like they're literally just Brits/Dutch, but suck (in-universe, they're fine as a faction narratively), so they're not evocative enough for me to think of any music beyond UC shit
>>
File: china will grow larger.png (105 KB, 360x184) Image search: [Google]
china will grow larger.png
105 KB, 360x184
>>48085350
>>48085405
The CIS are literally Brits, and they don't necessarily suck other than for letting Arlon fall; They actually avoided the pitfall of appeasement. By the way, Deventer is the Dutch/Belgians, which don't suck on the virtue of having in universe FN in their country.

To be honest, when running anything from between 1860s=>1950s I've been just ripping from most WW2 based games, such as the earlier Call of Duty games, Medal of Honors and Secret Weapons Over Normandy. The Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction soundtrack has also been my go to for partisan style asymmetric stuff.

Except if I need to do high speed low drag gameplay like if one of my players is a psychopathic room clearer, so I go to Hotline Miami's entire soundtrack.

The Hive is *very* utilitarian. Unlike North Korea, they're not having very flashy ruler glorifying music and uniforms with red stars. So, uh, China?
>>
>>48085350
>Technocracy I'm not sure about. It needs to be futuristic, but in a very retro way. Zeerust, but even older than nuclear age. It can't be discordant though, because that would belie an ignorance of musical harmony which is unfit for a bunch of pretentious cocksuckers with pretensions of enlightenment.

Now I don't know a whole lot about music but is there such thing as techno-opera? If not maybe just opera straight up?
>>
>>48084168
Just some fat nerd who draws shit.
>>48075632
It was with a practice sword. I got a new scar in my face, but otherwise I'm good.
>>
>>48085350
>Chiron music
I'd imagine martial-industrial like Triarii. And german WW2 songs.

Triarii - Europa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwtAJZ6jc

Triarii - We are one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghfZfqm2fJY

Des Geyers schwarzer Haufen performed by the Botho-Lukas choir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qMtphR2Rcc

Weit ist der Weg zurück ins Heimatland
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alLuL4USTBQ

Grün ist unser Fallschrim (this one is not from ww2/Wehrmacht but from the Bundeswehr)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLOf60012b8

Also:
>Coil
I did not know them. But I like it so far.
>>
File: 1465260633995.jpg (23 KB, 403x348) Image search: [Google]
1465260633995.jpg
23 KB, 403x348
Hey Jimmy, can I get some more lore about the islands in Call of the Void? More specifically relating to the nature of the space itself. Since we don't really have much knowledge of the universe itself, beyond that they're giant eye shaped stars in the overspace that weep drinkable water onto islands, and there's some sort of cumulus roiling mass of brown fog that kills people who touch it like Sarin gas and that it cannot penetrate the breathable atmosphere of islands (or zellislavas, which as far as I can tell look like upside down schooners and shit like in SOS) though the rain somehow can. What the fuck is with this place. Also, there doesn't appear to be any gods.
>>
>>48085350
My go-to inspiration for WW2 era games is Kelly's Heroes.
>>
>>48087477
ouch that had to have hurt.. I'm jealous of your new dueling scar though
>>
>>48089713
Only hurst for an instant. It's the itching the following weeks that was bad.

Scar are cool chicks dig them.
>>
>>48085350
https://youtu.be/KxcP7TRY178

Also very good to listen to if you need the drive to write papers in college.
>>
>>48089827
Good to heard you aren't dead.
>>
>>48088728
Isn't Sahaquiel a god?
>>
>>48092124
He's the God of the Chironites.
>>
File: Revolver_Ocelot.png (85 KB, 180x346) Image search: [Google]
Revolver_Ocelot.png
85 KB, 180x346
>>48085630
>>48085405
>Except if I need to do high speed low drag gameplay like if one of my players is a psychopathic room clearer, so I go to Hotline Miami's entire soundtrack.

I regret NOTHING. Regardless, the CIS's thing is that, besides sucking, their society is getting ready for a civil war.

"As a result, the CIS has a stupid amount of money and economic influence, and can rattle pretty much any cage on the planet. The problems that plague the country make the Gilded Age look like like the Paris Commune.

They've got class, though, and the Queen does care about her people. The problem is, the Queen doesn't run the country anymore, Parliament does, and Parliament is bought and paid for by the Magnates. For this reason, a civil war is looking increasingly likely between the Royalists and the Parliamentary Factions."

A CIS Civil War or Crime game could be a lot of fun actually.
>>
>>48085350
Personally, Way of the Gun is a good example of a Ballad game done right. Go watch it, I won't spoil it. For more modern and operator stuff, Sicario and Rainbow Six. If you want to go for a lighter tone (or harsher if you invert it), Valkyria Chronicles is good. Mix Metal Gear Solid for flavor.

For campaigns, I ran Chiron in Vietnam, which worked real well, especially when I had the party (lead by our Jimmy Rome), clear out a tunnel system. I think the real trick to running Ballad well is restricting the party with circumstance. Tight spaces, small calibers, and bloodlust makes for some tense combats.
>>
File: perfidious_albion.jpg (52 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
perfidious_albion.jpg
52 KB, 728x546
>>48094133
>tfw your totally going to Shaghai your lefty-uni club players into fighting for the royalist revolution
>>
>>48095371
Brilliant!
>>
>>48094271
Fuck, now I want a Valkyria Chronicles game in Ballad.
>>
>>48085350
>How do I do communist music?

Forward!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn4qjTVT4j8
>>
>>48096846
The best part is that it's canonical. The Chironites draft young people of both genders from their protectorates and use them as cannon fodder to whittle down their population.

So you could plausibly play as a bunch of school friends who have to defend Space Iwo Jima against the Yanks.
>>
>>48094271
Never underestimate stabbing people in the stomach while they try to shoot you with submachine guns is what i learned from that game
>>
>>48097698
Or, as I am running in Algeria, having to invade Space Algeria against both the Algerians and the Arlonite Government-In-Exile. Asymmetrical warfare plays in a very interesting way if the players are the traditional force.
>>
>>48097698
Yes, but how anime will it be?
>>
>>48099651
So Anime. Just like. So Anime. You'll be all "Sugoi" as you shoot a tank in it's butt causing it to explode
>>
>>48100766
Fuckin kawaii man.
>>
>>48098330
How do you do ambushes?
>>
>>48103618
Two step perception and adroitness checks for the most part if I actually want to hurt people directly, but more often than not the party positions themselves in that other parts of the unit get hit first.
>>
>one of my players bought a dog
>read dog rules
>holy shit, dogs

A pack of wild dogs is going to rip my PCs to shreds and I cannot wait.
>>
>>48104910
We mordheim now
>>
>>48060424
>>48060945
What quest are you going to be running, anon?
>>
>>48104910
Dogs be scary as fuck, yo.
>>
>>48104910
I used to be in campaigns with a guy who always bought a dog, and more importantly, made all the dogs lore related. We started during the fall of helion with his dog Sun-Sun, and then ended in modern times with Moon-Moon. Yes, the naming scheme was the most important thing.
>>
>>48104910
Once I get out of work I think I'll try to write some big cat stats, probably small (bobcat, ocelot), medium (cheetah, cougar), and big af (lions and tigers).
>>
>>48029396
So say i make a character and want to throw him in the ring to see what might happen, how does the rules of combat work out? I am trying to set up the chracter exmaple in the op against what I made for fun
>>
>>48110643
I feel like a small amount of work could turn the dog stats into any non-humanoid monster pretty quickly.
>>
>>48111412
if you hope into the roll20 maybe someone could teach you?
>>
>>48112543
Ostrich stats, when?
>>
File: poland 5.jpg (69 KB, 744x558) Image search: [Google]
poland 5.jpg
69 KB, 744x558
Hey guys, Polish Deluge campaign GM here. Sorry about spending a week in between posts about how my group is doing. I had some nasty exams and a weekend home for America Day. Now, I can return to the tale of The Cossack, The Swiss Anime Man, Ahnold, and The Prussian and their hunt for a mercenary, The Boar, in the ruins of Poland.

They had just escaped the city of Czestochowa and the Siege of Jasna Gora after turning up that the Boar had fled, and trying to burn down The Boar's hideout. Their only lead was a letter, reproduced here.

Dear Femme,
It is pleasing to hear of your great successes. I knew you were so reliable in persuasion. Cousin Louis and Aunt Anne send their regards as well. It fills me with pride to know that you are accomplishing such great things, and bringing this foolish conflict with The Family ever closer to its completion. God smiles on you!
I write this to you as a personal appeal. I have also sent a runner directly to you, to explain in more detail, This letter may not find you at all, if you act immediately upon that message. The day of John crying for his friends is near, but has hit a snag.
I have heard tell that Alexis is growing nervous about how much of old John's inheritance Charles stands to gain. He's thinking of trying to reconcile with John before he goes to our Maker. The Old Man is, of course, angry, but he is always angry. His friends need no encouragement. Perhaps, though, you could go remind some friends of John and Alexis why they are feuding so. Perhaps start around Lublin. It is beautiful in winter, I hear.
The embroidery that Aunt Anne sent a few months ago should come in handy.
>>
File: poland 6.jpg (72 KB, 770x503) Image search: [Google]
poland 6.jpg
72 KB, 770x503
>>48115060
Nobody in the party was particularly political, but anyone could see that John, Alexis, and Charles were the monarchs of Poland-Lithuania, Moscow, and Sweden respectively. They decided to head over to Lublin, where The Prussian had an old comrade. They set out, intent on finding their prey.

And they promptly got lost. Wandering around Poland in the dead of winter was intensely unpleasant, and by the time they actually found the city their coats were practically frozen. It is now December, 1655.

In Lublin, they found a city ready to burst. Their troubles started when the fully armed and armored Prussian strutted up to the gate, manned by Russian troops, and tried to cheerfully strike up a conversation in Polish. He almost got shot. Only the presence of the Cossack calmed them down enough to not arrest everyone in the party. They learned of some nasty raids on the roads in the last few weeks. Apparently Poles were killing the few people traveling the roads during this time.

Once they got in the city, the Prussian went to go find his old friend.

Sadislaw Poleski was, strangely enough, a Scotsman. He had served as a mercenary captain with the Poles during the Great War in the 1640's, and had earned enough money and fame to retire in the country and put on airs as a nobleman. Even took on a Polish name. Sadie (his daughter, the Pox took her, bless her), -slaw (glory), and the name of his new homeland. Sort of a gruff fellow, since not all of him was there. He left an eye and a hand back in Bohemia, and a leg in Ukraine. The old Scotsman invited the band to dinner, and told them all he could tell.
>>
File: poland 7.jpg (56 KB, 564x414) Image search: [Google]
poland 7.jpg
56 KB, 564x414
>>48115072
First, after looking at the letter, he confirmed what Ahold had feared: The Louis and Anne in the letter were likely King Louis XIV of France and his mother, Anne. Outsiders were meddling in the country. Who exactly was unknown, but they had at least royal backing.

The second was a story about the Boar, and why he got his name. Apparently he was a somewhat crazy bastard who once led a pike charge against emplaced artillery. During a battle in Bohemia, Poleski witnessed the Boar ignore his orders and allow some cavalry he was supposed to fix in place to fall in and and slaughter some other pikemen. Instead, he charged. Uphill. At cannons. The Swedes on the top of the hill panicked fired, killing a bunch of the Boar's men immediately. When this didn't slow them down, the artillerymen panicked and missed their next few shots, hitting only air and pikes. They fled when they weren't able to depress their guns any lower, abandoning their guns and losing the fight for their side. The Boar got bonus pay and his nickname, for the way he charged directly at the enemy. Poleski emphasized just how damn loyal this mercenary's men were, to be able to charge artillery like that.

As dinner wound down, people began to hear commotion in the streets. Poles in the streets, seemingly thronging around one of the buildings staffed by Russians. They were armed, and demanding “Justice” for Poles killed by Russian raids on the roads. The Cossack and the Swiss boy went to investigate.

Anime Man realized immediately that a riot was brewing, and that whoever was in that house was about to be lynched. With the Cossack hot on his heels and trying to convince him to stay out of it, Anime Man scaled a back wall and lept into the back yard, only to be held up by a Russian musketeer. Some sweet talking convinced the Russian that the pair was there to help, and he agreed to take them to the Colonel in charge of the house. Just then, Russians fired into the crowd. The riot exploded.
>>
File: poland 8.jpg (288 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
poland 8.jpg
288 KB, 1024x768
>>48115093
The Prussian and Ahnold prepared for the storm. Accompanied by one of Poleski's mercenary guard, a giant Scotsman with a maul (who was a player who had only just joined) and ten musketeers of his own. In the streets, the Prussian used his booming voice to try and calm the crowd while the Scotsman quietly told his men to lock and load and help storm the Russian manor if needed.

The Prussian implored their better judgement. He asked them to calm themselves, realize that there was only going to be reprisals and that more would die, and that they didn't need to die in this street on this day. His words calmed them slightly, but in the end hot passions prevailed. The riot continued. The Scotsman demanded to know what the Prussian wanted, whether he would act or not. Paralyzed by indecision, the Prussian could only watch as the Scotsman ordered his men to fire on the Russians and move in to storm the house.

Meanwhile, Ahold stood slightly back and munched on popcorn.

In the house, the Cossack and Anime Man were in the basement, waiting for their soldier friend to fetch the Colonel. They mused about the brutality of mob rule and debated about how smart it was for Anime Man to get involved, the morality of bystanders, and how much the Cossack thought this was all a bad idea, while a couple of half-drunk Russians stood nearby cleaning bayonets, loading muskets, and musing about how close to animals Poles are.
>>
File: poland 9.jpg (54 KB, 564x416) Image search: [Google]
poland 9.jpg
54 KB, 564x416
>>48115110
By the time the Colonel appeared, the other half of the party had hopped the back fence themselves, killed some Russians, and chased the Colonel to the cellar door. Everyone had guns aimed at each other. The Russians, Anime Man, and the Cossack in the cellar, and the Scotsman and all his men up above. For a few moments, it looked like the party was going to end in a storm of bullets. The Prussian demanded the Colonel as a sacrifice to appease the mob and end the fighting, and Anime Man stood by to defend him. The Scotsman even volunteered to charge first, reasoning that everyone would shoot him and that his armor gave him a slight chance of survival. The Cossack, who was far too old for this shit, pressed himself up against the wall next to the door and furiously whispered through the door, tried to find some middle ground.

Again, Ahnold stood by, eating popcorn and watching the drama unfold.
>>
File: poland 10.jpg (88 KB, 736x535) Image search: [Google]
poland 10.jpg
88 KB, 736x535
>>48115126
I seriously thought that the party would kill each other at this moment. Everyone was dead set on their path, and the campaign seemed like it would end in blood and smoke in a dirty cellar. However, a compromise was reached, and death avoided. A dead Russian soldier would be dressed in the clothing of the Colonel and thrown to the mob. This was preferable to everyone dying, so the Colonel agreed if they would help him escape. A body was dressed thusly, and the Scotsman mutilated the head with his maul to obscure his identity and cause of death.

Disgusted, the Colonel asked them what the Boar wanted, since he thought that brutal men such as themselves could only belong to his company. The party had found a lead. The Boar had come in just two weeks prior, demanding supplies before vanishing.

That's where we left off. We're breaking for Independence Day this week, and continuing next week. Things are coming to a head, and the next time I post may be the end of the tale. It's been a great game with a great group, and I hope that the end of the tale is just as fun as the journey so far.
>>
>>48115144
>>48115126
>>48115110
>>48115093
>>48115072
>>48115060
Sounds like you've got a pretty great game going, anon.

>>48110643
Big Cats: Deadly natural predators, these killing machines are sometimes kept as pets and status symbols by extremely wealthy.
Players may purchase Big Cats much as they can Horses or Dogs and use them as guards or fighting companions

Small Big Cat (Bobcat, Caracal, Ocelot, Particularly Evil Maine Coon) [3 gp]
Str: 5
Agi: 7
End: 6
Het: 5
Wip: 3
Int: 1
Wit: 5
Per: 6
---
ADR: 6
TOU: 5
MOB: 9
SOC: 6
Murderousness: 5
Fickleness: 2
Total CP: 11
Draw: 1

Medium Big Cat (Mountain Lion, Lynx, Cougar, Jaguar, Darmeeny Cliff Jumper, Cheetah) [10gp]
Str: 8
Agi: 7
End: 6
Het: 6
Wip: 5
Wit: 7
Per: 7
---
ADR: 7
TOU: 7
MOB: 10
SOC: 8
Murderousness: 7
Fickleness: 4
Total CP: 14
Draw: 2

Big Cat (Lion, Tiger, Smilodon) [25 gp]
Str: 10
Agi: 8
End: 7
Het: 7
Wip: 6
Wit: 8
Per: 7
---
ADR: 8
TOU: 8
MOB: 12
SOC: 10
Murderousness: 9
Fickleness: 7
Total CP: 17
Draw: 3

Fickleness: This stat adds RS to any check related to training the animal.
All Big Cat Claw attacks have a draw value, as noted in the individual entries.
Pounce: A Big Cat that Charges and hits with a Claw or Bite also inflicts a Shoulder Charge, with 1/2BS of the atttack.

Comments, criticisms? I'll try to work on some traits.
>>
File: koala.gif (3 MB, 294x192) Image search: [Google]
koala.gif
3 MB, 294x192
>>48115651
You realize how insane 7 RS is, right? Go like 1, 3, 5, for fickleness.
>>
>>48115798
Have you ever tried to train a fully grown wild tiger?
>>
>>48115651
>Small Big
That ain't right.
>>
>>48115843
Have you? Besides, the test itself should have some RS to begin, adding 7 onto to that isn't feasible.
>>
>>48115843
>>48115798
Both good points. It's probably better to have the lower numbers for cubs, but maybe logical to keep the larger number for adults.

I also realized Pounce has about the same function as Tackle, should I just remove it?

ll Cats may roll an AGI test when falling and subtract BS from the total height of the fall.
All Cats treat Poorly Lit Lighting as Dimly Lit, and Dimly Lit as Evenly Lit.
Traits

Built for Speed [+150%]: The Cat has a long, lithe frame and is incredibly fast. They are capable of chasing down nearly any other land

animal.
This Cat's Strength is reduced by 1, and It's Mobility increases by 10.

Built for Comfort [+100%]: Some Cats have a luxuriant mane of hair. Beyond looking impressive, it is a form of defense.
This Cat gains AV 2/2/2.

Powerful Build [+100%]: This Cat is particulary muscular.
This Cat's Strength is increased by 1.
>>
>>48116072
>that formatting
I'm worse than Opaque.

>>48115987
You're right, they are now Small Wildcat, Big Cat, and Really Big Cat

Sympathetic Past [Special]: This Cat has a history with you, maybe you found it as a cub, or saved it from a trap.
This Cat reduces it's fickleness to 0, 1, or 2 depending on size category. It also reduces the price by 25%.
This Trait can only be gained by spending 5 Boon points.
>>
>>48116362
>reduces it's fickleness to 0, 1, or 2
>to
Perhaps this should be "by"?
>>
File: beholdasatan.jpg (154 KB, 636x500) Image search: [Google]
beholdasatan.jpg
154 KB, 636x500
>>48116392
Probably right.
>>
>>48116585
that's a good 7 RS
>>
>>48104910
The Real OP Meta is a horde of war dogs.
>>
Happy America Day lads. Big treat tonight when I get off work. More like early tomorrow.
>>
>>48119105
Oi, oi, oi! Don't hype us up like that, man.
>>
>>48119105
Don't let us down Jimmy, we're counting on you
>>
File: sample.jpg (143 KB, 652x838) Image search: [Google]
sample.jpg
143 KB, 652x838
>>48119465
>>48121028
OH THUS BE IT EVER
WHEN FREE MEN SHALL STAND
BETWEEN THEIR LOVED HOME
AND THE WAR'S DESOLATION
BLEST WITH VICTORY AND PEACE
MAY THE HEAVEN RESCUED LAND
PRAISE THE POWER THAT HATH MADE
AND PRESERVED US A NATION
>>
File: 1467220706722.jpg (128 KB, 600x936) Image search: [Google]
1467220706722.jpg
128 KB, 600x936
>>48122286
Wait, is the book done?
>>
>>48122370
Not yet, I'm just showing off some of the formatting. The editorial staff have finished their sweep and are now formatting together the proof of concept so that we can finally get this show on the road and kickstart the damn game.
>>
>>48104910
I don't know about dogs. What's up with dogs in this game?

>>48122286
Oh boy, It's coming along. Niiice. Hyped for the finished PDF
>>
File: what is happening.jpg (61 KB, 457x350) Image search: [Google]
what is happening.jpg
61 KB, 457x350
>>48122286
>>
File: images.png (2 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2 KB, 204x204
>>48122286
Kickstarter never anyway.
>>
>>48122286
Will you make getting an editor that can do more than 1 page per year a stretch goal? I'll definitely buy in for that!

Jokes aside, it looks good.
>>
File: 1445738716515.jpg (44 KB, 383x700) Image search: [Google]
1445738716515.jpg
44 KB, 383x700
>>48122286
>>
>>48122440
I feel like I just might lose my bet. Maybe. Prove me wrong, bastard.
>>
>>48122286
Looking good!
>>
>>48122286
Why does it have such wide margins if there's no tits?
>>
File: 1338435116318.jpg (30 KB, 465x377) Image search: [Google]
1338435116318.jpg
30 KB, 465x377
>>48122286
>>
File: ha_ha_gold.jpg (87 KB, 428x750) Image search: [Google]
ha_ha_gold.jpg
87 KB, 428x750
>>48122286
Where there was once only disrepair I now fly on wings of gold, the time is nigh and we can at last drown in joy and blood.
>>
>>48122286
Man, I wish I could create a nice looking page. My systems are all very poorly typeset
>>
>>48126984
LaTeX will help some (it isn't as difficult as you think, unless you have severe autism). Not sure how to do all the graphic shit. Sure there are packages out there for it though.
>>
>>48128107
I don't know. I imagine that aligning stuff like the box at the very beginning of that page to be somewhat painful in LaTeX.
I'd rather use Scribus for neatly laid out stuff with images and decorations like that I think.
>>
How do you fight decisively, /tg/? Feels like every time I try to engage someone with my grotte zweihänder they just pass my range and wrestle me down.
>>
>>48128253
Hit them before they can do that?
>>
>>48128253
Get a crossbow, off hand it, shoot them in the knee.

I don't know anything about this system and if thats even possible but it's how I would do it.
>>
File: VFUIHro.jpg (58 KB, 672x910) Image search: [Google]
VFUIHro.jpg
58 KB, 672x910
>>48128474
grutte zweihänder as pictured here
i won't really offhand a weapon with it.

>>48128432
that's a fair answer.
>>
>>48128253
If you have a grutte zwei, always throw red, you have the advantage in an initiative contest.
>>
>>48128542
I was in a campaign with essentially karthacki gutsu, he had the crossbow mounted on his wrist and would melee fire it using a.mechanism tied to the prosthetic arm. Basically, he would punch people who got in range which would melee fire.
>>
>>48128596
I am almost certain something like this existed IRL.
>>
>>48128542
Ok. Shoot them, THEN draw your sword of infinite compensation.
>>
>>48128641
The Sedgley pistol made for the American OSS during WWII worked like that.
>>
>>48128809
Leave it to the anon who, quote, has no knowledge about the system to give useless advice, thinking he understands fighting.
>>
>>48129216
I don't understand the system, thats true.

But I understand fighting enough to know that giant swords are generally not the best choice for a general purpose weapon. As such, I assumed that the best way to get around the fact that he insists on using it is to in some way cripple the other fighter so he can make better use of his weapon. Crossbows only need one hand to fire and can be kept cocked for when the need arises.

Honestly the real advice for "Help my giant ass sword is too slow" would be "Use a smaller sword."
>>
File: a67.jpg (445 KB, 1459x820) Image search: [Google]
a67.jpg
445 KB, 1459x820
>>48129337
We don't know if the anon has the Freakishly Tall boon, or compensates with something else to make up for the sword being large.

Either way, it's probably not so much the sword itself limiting swordfucker here, and just the fact that he's not good at the game. Same applies to people who utilize spears, pikes, or any long weapon. Probably even easier to use the Grutte than a pike in the game.
>>
>>48128253
Well, you have a weapon that's very difficult to hit with, but which has huge reach and does a ton of damage. You do have the advantage of being able to halfsword and stuff, though. I forget if there are still Talents that allow you to use larger weapons in grapples, but that's an option too. If they want to wrassle you, just be better at it than them.
>>
>>48129418
But thats not really the problem with the zweihänder. It's not that its hard to use for short people, it's that its a big heavy chunk of steel that's awkward to swing around in anything but massive cleaving blows. I'm assuming, if the system has any hint of realism, that his problem is that he swings once and then his opponent just walks up and tackles him during the recovery.

Of course, like I said, I have no idea how this system works. If its just some thing like it's mathematically hard to hit due to having to roll higher, than I can't really say anything about that.
>>
>>48129618
If you are a large man, the proportional difference in size between you, a normal blade (to a normal person) and a huge blade is negated. To even use the grutte you gotta be a big dude as far as rules go, but it's not an inefficient weapon. Wasn't in real life either.
>>
>>48129618
Have you ever held a two-handed sword? I'm just curious because from my understanding they're not slow at all, in fact they're really rather nippy and they are that way because you're holding them in two hands. You can get a fantastic amount of leverage just by putting one hand low and one hand high, great control too friend of mine stopped himself abound three inches short of my shoulders to demonstrate.
>>
>>48129730
Was his a modern one? Because there's a difference between a modern version using some aluminum alloy and a 15 lb period one. I Understand they're using a lever action and it makes it easier, but the point here is that it can still be easily defeated by a man with a shield and longsword. All you have to do is block one blow as you step in and suddenly the guy with the zwei is boned. I've watched a lot of the historical martial arts guys; guys with giant swords are good in certain contexts but if you can get in on them, they're fucked. A lot like most pole arms.
>>
>>48130034
>I've watched youtube videos and know this almost like I've actually trained.

No offence, but just watching isn't good enough. I'd take KMs word for it, even if he would have never trained that particular type of sword, but arm chair martial artist watching youtube isn't a credible source.
>>
>>48130617
I'm not saying I'm a credible source. I'm just saying I've seen that sword used by real people and thats how it went.
>>
>>48130034
Obligatory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbNL_At0IVw

And Easton is not the kind of person, physically, that would have used such a sword.

>>Because there's a difference between a modern version using some aluminum alloy
I'm not even sure such things exist, and even if they do, they are not worth speaking about. But cheap modern "replicas" that only share visual similarities were not subject of conversation.

>>15 lb period one
Obviously, a myth. Four kilograms (~ 8 lb) is the upper limit.

>>can still be easily defeated by a man with a shield and longsword
This is closer to reality, assuming unarmored fighting - shields are the decisive element in this case and provide considerable advantage.

Unfortunately, everything that goes after that is a gross oversimplification, even if closing the distance -is- the best tactic for the fighter with a shorter weapon and a shield.
>>
>>48130784
>>15 lb myth
The specific sword that >>48128253 talks about using, the Grutte Zwei, has a weight of 14 and a half pounds. (6.6 kg). So maybe a myth in general but not in this case.
>>
>>48122440
>proof of concept
>all this time and it's just a proof of concept
You incompetent nigger, what has your staff even been doing? Was it literally just editing for typos and shit?
>>
>>48122286
Outside, bottom, and maybe top margins should be smaller by a quarter, unless you intend to have "scribbled" notes there a la Dresden Files.
>>
>>48130896
Alright, withdrawn.
>>
>>48122286
Proof of concept means feedback, right?

It looks... Generic. Also unpolished, but mostly generic. Not that this is the area where you really need to stand out, but it would be nice if you did. Why not go full illuminated manuscript in stylings, with great big letters at the start of each segment, ans detailed designs around the boxes instead of bland simplicity. I know that would just be ripping off Ars Magica rather than D&D, but that's still an improvement. If you're not going to overhaul everything (going full illuminated manuscript might be expensive, time consuming, and/or beyond the abilities of your current staff) you should at least make the current stuff look good.

The color of "Awarding Arc Points" should not be different from the color of table and blurb headers. Of those two colors, the former is far better.
The "Song of Swords" in the upper left looks like shit. This can be partly alleviated by getting rid of the white outline, but the font is also shit, and really should be replaced with one that isn't. The font quality is less egregious in the page number, but the border is equally problematic.
The font of the header (Awarding Arc Points) also isn't great, though it's more tolerable.
Body text is fine; I feel that it could do more, but it doesn't need to.
The "old paper" backdrop is quite nice, I would red-shift it very slightly since right now it's yellower than old papers often are (and newer papers, which do yellow to that degree, are very smooth) but it's more than good enough how it is.
>>
>>48128253
There's a reason they didn't see much use in practice.
>>
>>48129618
>I don't know this system but I'll shitpost about it anyway
>>
>>48132107
I'm more shit posting about zweihander use than the system itself.
>>
>>48132279
Zweihanders, like most swords, are pretty good though
>>
>>48130896
The Grutte Zwei itself is a myth that shouldn't be in the game.
>>
>>48131260
>>48130896
That's also most likely just a parade sword, right?
>>
>>48133134
It's a parade sword that, through folklore, has become associated with a Frisian dude who was supposedly huge. The sword itself probably has nothing to do with him, and is a parade sword.
>>
>>48132973
Listen pal, the thread isn't going anywhere very quickly so it's either I disparage iron compensation devices or I ask about weaponizing cod pieces.
>>
>>48133277
>ask about weaponizing cod pieces
Please do.
>>
File: codpiece.jpg (169 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
codpiece.jpg
169 KB, 500x375
>>48133387
>>48133277
>>
File: codpiece cannon.jpg (21 KB, 244x300) Image search: [Google]
codpiece cannon.jpg
21 KB, 244x300
>>48133554
>>
>>48133387
Ok so think about it like this:

You're having your fights, doing your wrestling sports, when suddenly some guy in a jerkin grabs you by the breathing tube and starts giving you the murderfondles. He's got you pinned, your arms are trapped. Your legs are broken. Your teeth have been removed for safety purposes. What do you do? You flex your anus, clamping down in the buttplug trigger and shing, out comes 8 inches of razor sharp steel that you've cleverly hidden away in your switchblade codpiece. And as that Jerkin presses down on your throat like he's trying to jerk off your airsucker, you thrust your sneaky snake right into his puckered jake. A few good dry humps later and suddenly everything is soaking wet because you severed his femoral artery and he's getting his normal sized Mort all over you.

Questions?
>>
File: chug.gif (985 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
chug.gif
985 KB, 450x450
>>48133576
It says something that that was the next photo I was going to post.

I'm not sure what it says, but I know it ain't good.
>>
>>48133606
Does anyone have the Jimmy Rome's Anus copypasta, or am I going to have to find it?
>>
File: underpowered in SoS.jpg (154 KB, 1846x632) Image search: [Google]
underpowered in SoS.jpg
154 KB, 1846x632
>>48133700
I got you.
>>
File: murderedface.png (377 KB, 1089x614) Image search: [Google]
murderedface.png
377 KB, 1089x614
>>48133700

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Half Pike of Satan" bullshit that's going on in the Song of Swords system right now. My anus deserves much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I'm talking about. I myself loosened my anus in Santa Cruz for 2,400,000 denarii profit from prostitution (that's about $30) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even take in slabs of solid steel with my anus.

Strong older Serbian and Black Men spend years working on a single anus and pound it up to a million times to produce the finest sphincters known to mankind.

My anus is thrice as loose as Turkish boypussy and thrice as child-like for that matter too. Anything a Turkish boypussy can envelop, my anus can envelop better. I'm pretty sure my anus could easily take in a knight wearing full plate with a simple bit of squatting.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Rome? That's right, they were too scared to fight me (as I am a time traveller) and my loose anus of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted me first because the sheer looseness of my anus made them both confused and disgusted.

So what am I saying? My anus is simply the loosest sphincter that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the Song of Swords system. Here is the stat block I propose for my anus:

Jimmy Rome's Anus
2H Bodily Orifice, Hand Range, Strike TN 8 (+1s)*, Thrust TN 6 (+4s)* DTN 10, Hook, 0wt, 1cp

Now that seems a lot more representative of the enveloping powers of my anus in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = My anus needs to do more damage in SoS, see my new stat block.

*Note that this weapon inflicts wounds on the sodomy hit location, which is then directly applied to the wielder rather than the target hit.

>>48133627
Great crotches think alike.
>>
>>48133938
Fucking perfect.
>>
>>48029396
FECHT
WHEN
>>
>>48133606
I'd rather skip hidden aspect and just have the blade out in the open from the start.
>>
>>48128596
This makes me want to GM some sort of Golden Age arc spin-off using SoS...
>>
>>48128253
Is it just me or is the guy in red fucked
>>
>>48138147
He's about to lose the top of his head, and is being parried perfectly. That's a Masterstike if I've ever heard of one.
>>
>>48137545
Do it and let me sign up
>>
>>48135388
You know the answer.
>>
File: tumblr_o8uhsooYTX1qal9wqo1_1280.jpg (122 KB, 499x902) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o8uhsooYTX1qal9wqo1_1280.jpg
122 KB, 499x902
>>48139765
When you do it yourself, or has the proctor finally decided to put different answers on the quiz?
>>
>>48139765
Has it been too long since brexit to do that fecht again?

I was looking forward to that
>>
>>48135388
Post your fighter and we will try to kill him
>>
>>48139765
Never?
>>
>>48137545
It was glorious up until the dude got a grill, then he actively did stupid things in an attempt to get killed so he could have more grill time
>>
>>48143524
Sometimes, a man's gotta BBQ if you know what I mean.
>>
>>48144406
College life, I'm glad I'm done.
>>
File: 1429682017550.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1421) Image search: [Google]
1429682017550.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1421
Jimmy, is there anything more spiritual going on in the void? There's Sahaquiel and the Tar, as well as Void Magic A Zellish invention no doubt but are their ghost, geists and boogiepop phantoms? The Kaselreich of Vosca has plentiful spirits with which to haunt the lands, but are there storms of spirits flowing through the aether haunting space and the isles themselves?
>>
>>48145346
Do we even know about religions other than in Chiron?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.