[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As you guys got older, having to hold down a full time job, did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1466658871445.png (263 KB, 466x361) Image search: [Google]
1466658871445.png
263 KB, 466x361
As you guys got older, having to hold down a full time job, did your tolerance level for incompetent/inefficient parties and/or GMs went down?

I just can't handle bad GMs or parties anymore, so I'm now incredibly picky on who to play with. If I need to waste 20-30 minutes messaging my GM on how I want to enter a room, I'm dropping out faster than terminal velocity.
>>
Now that I'm working a real job and attending grad school I've found that my patience for online games has dropped off almost entirely.

There's so many issues that crop up in those games that don't crop up when you're playing face-to-face with real people that I've stopped even trying to play anything that isn't my Sunday game with my irl friends
>>
>>48029128
Honestly, growing up has decreased my level of patience in general. When you have only 3-4 hours a day for yourself (after commuting and all the miscellaneous BS of adulthood), every moment matters. I don't have time for people being shitty.

I have a lot less tolerance for players and DMs acting stupid. I speak up a lot more than I used to, though I typically have the courtesy to mention it outside the session.
>>
>>48029128
Mine actually went up, but that's mostly because it's a home group of graveyard shifters.
Bored all night, roleplay all day, sleep never!
>>
>>48029751
Wait, what exactly you do? Water the flowers and keep the zombies in the ground?
>>
>>48029128
pretty much
specially when the games get put on hold for people not turning up. I mean come on, its my night off.

Stealing that pic btw.
>>
>>48029850
I look at a needle and push a button if it touches the red thing.
>>
>>48032620

>Stealing that pic btw.

Glad to provide. Given the current DBS arc it's hilariously appropriate too.
>>
>>48029128
I don't tolerate anything that wastes a second of my rare and precious free time.

Except for shitposting
>>
Quite the opposite, getting older has caused my tolerance to go UP.

On the flipside, it has caused my investment in the face of even bullshit down. Oh, your plot is an excuse for your thinly disguised magical realm? Well, I hope you can handle me phoning in all my character interactions.
>>
>>48039968

I swear, some GMs should rub one out BEFORE they begin planning a campaign so this shit stops happening.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.