[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Heresy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: dark_heresy.jpg (40 KB, 590x250) Image search: [Google]
dark_heresy.jpg
40 KB, 590x250
Thinking about GMing a Dark Heresy campaign, but I'm worried that I won't be able to capture the right atmosphere for the setting and it will fall flat.

Any tips on running a Dark Heresy campaign from veterans?
>>
>>47999799
Skulls

Maybe xenos

Maybe heretics

High chance of incompetence

Skulls
>>
>>47999870
and gold don't forget that, lots of gold
>>
>>47999799
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=All%20Guardsmen%20Party

there's a few more editions as well not shown on that page. Pic related is the first edition, when it was an Only War campaign.
>>
>>47999954
Man, I missed my chance to ask him why the GM went with 1e instead of 2e.
>>
>>48000022
2e may have not existed then.

And even if it had, 1e made character creation much simpler for them.
>>
>>48000067
How is it simpler than a near straight translation of the character sheet?
>>
>>48000166
I dunno. How similar are the roles/backgrounds/home planet bonuses?
>>
>>48000226
Those bonuses didn't exist in OW, so they'd just be added.
>>
>>47999799
If you're looking for examples of atmosphere/setting, check out the Eisenhorn books, those should give you a good idea of what rolling in the Inquisition is like. Also, it may not be 40k, but the SCP Foundation (http://www.scp-wiki.net/) is good for getting that "secret organization fighting against horrible things that the public never even know about" vibe.
>>
>>47999799
As weird as it sounds, Agents of SHIELD is pretty much what a Dark Heresy campaign would look like if it was run in the Marvel universe, so you might be able to grab some inspiration from there as well.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.