[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was one of the kids in elementary school who was not allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: chubby pikachu.jpg (19 KB, 214x300) Image search: [Google]
chubby pikachu.jpg
19 KB, 214x300
I was one of the kids in elementary school who was not allowed to play Pokemon, because my parents thought that I would get addicted and beg them for cards all the time.

Well, fastforward to now and I am currently getting into Magic, and loving it. However, I also notice that Pokemon is still around and in production after all of these years, which is kind of shocking.

Do people still play the Pokemon card game as much as other card games such as Magic and maybe Yugioh? Is there a modern scene for Pokemon or is it mostly made up of little kids and nostalgiafags?
>>
>>47961530
Oh people still play Pokemon, and yes there ARE a lot of nostalgiafags and kids that play it too.
However, the game has far more problems than just the people. Your card is an example of a basic Pokemon in 1999. Pic related is an example of a """""""""basic""""""""""" pokemon nowadays.

Power creep is out of fucking control in Pokemon. And it is what drives prices and sales, mostly to kids. So eh i personally would not bother with it.
>>
>>47961811
This is patently false. Sure it's "power creeped" from fucking 1999, but has found an equilibrium. Many of the decks from HGSS, and Black/White would fare fine in today's meta with minor tweaks. The biggest problem and money sink is the rotation.
>>
I recently looked into it at only found two changes to the old rules. Confusion deals 30 instead of 20 and when your opponent does not have any basic Pokemon you (may) draw 1 extra card each time they redraw instead of 2.
>>
>>47961530
I loved the art on the cards as a kid but never really looked into how to play the actual game.

Didn't matter anyways because some asshole in my elementary school stole cards from another kid so the faculty decided we couldn't bring cards to school at all after that.
>>
>>47961811
Wouldn't that be like comparing vintage Magic cards with Modern ones? I mean, maybe that card could blow out all of the 1999 ones but play equally with modern ones, right?
>>
$$$ Ask a high end Pokemon collector/casual player anything $$$
>>
>>47963753
What decks are the current meta, if you know that?
>>
>>47963753
Have you made any decks with your favorites?
How do you feel about using old busted trainers like professor oak in casual?
>>
>>47963828
Isn't Oak errata'd to a Supporter now?
>>
>>47961530
>Do people still play the Pokemon card game as much as other card games such as Magic and maybe Yugioh?

Yes. It's one of the 3 most popular TCG both in Japan and in the West.

>Is there a modern scene for Pokemon

Yes.

>>47963809
Aggro memedeck called Night March with cute Joltik/Pumpkaboo/Lampent and Mew, item lock decks, Dark decks with Yveltal, Fairy decks with Xerneas, Greninja decks, Seismitoad decks, etc.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/
http://thecharizardlounge.com/2016/06/14/top-10-decks-for-us-nationals-2016/
>>
>>47965686
There are two supporters that do the same effect but I don't think that Oak was changed.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.