[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me to run/not run an Eva inspired game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
My friend had been coming up with all these ideas for his fanfic that he might run as an AdEva game for his meatspace friends and he's been telling me all about Evangelion's DEEPEST LORE and its honestly getting to me. I keep getting ideas for an old Adeptus Evangelion game I ran for a few sessions before it fell apart.

I'd probably take a few of the elements of NGE and make up the rest. I don't know a good system for it, though, since AdEva sucks balls.

There's so many interesting elements of NGE that only come from wild mass guessing by nerds on the EvaGeeks site and stupid barely translated PSP games.
>>
Pros: Fukken AT-fields

Cons: LIBERA TUTEMET EX INFERNIS!

...or something like that
>>
What's wrong with AdEva?
>>
>>47960975
Evangelion has no deep lore
All christian myths and references were used explicitly because the team thought they would look cool and sell well
>>
>>47960975
>My friend had been coming up with all these ideas for his fanfic
slowly walk away
> he's been telling me all about Evangelion's DEEPEST LORE
RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN
>>
Do it, it'll be fun. instead of sitting in front of your players you can sit behind and above them with a projector or something. You can Gendo pose unironically. You can force your friends to play mentally unstable teenagers, which will be old territory for them. You can wax philosophical and throw assloads of meaningless symbolism and foreshadowing at your players.

What's wrong with AdEva? I've been thinking of running something with it for a while now.
>>
>>47961108
>All christian myths and references were used explicitly because the team thought they would look cool and sell well
Literally everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that.
OP's talking about the shit with the FAR.
>>
>>47961081
>>47961269
Dark Heresy has a lot of problems that I found hard to deal with, and it doesn't feel like it fits the type of game it wants to be. I haven't tried v3 yet, but I didn't like some of the things the creators wanted to do. They have very strict ideas of what pilots should and shouldn't be able to do, but personally I'd like to have P-scale threats and things that can't be solved with giant robots.

Specifically, I want situations where the pilots might get kidnapped by anti-NERV terrorists, and for them to be trained in P-scale weapons to protect themselves in the future (though I had no plans to have them ever use them). The argument against that was essentially that pilots shouldn't do anything outside of the Evas, and the Secret Service agents will always be wherever they're needed and stop any P-scale threat. You have to spend a point of Fate to sneak away from them in v3, if I understand right.

Personally I feel that the way the Evas work means that if Shinji or Asuka picked up a rifle, they'd be able to fire it.

>>47961108
>>47961206
It has a shitload of deep lore. The Christian references aren't just what I'm talking about. >>47961305 gets it. He know what's going on.

Evangelion's lore is all about how ancient aliens had a panspermia plot that went awry when two Seeds of Life hit the same planet and created the Moon.
http://wiki.evageeks.org/First_Ancestral_Race
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Spear_of_Longinus
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelions

There's a ton of
>>
File: CjWja0iVEAIiKzD.jpg (51 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
CjWja0iVEAIiKzD.jpg
51 KB, 600x448
>>
>>47961531
You should really look into v3. It has rules for personal combat.

Personally though, I'm planning to run an AdEva campaign with some of my friends with a State Shinto/Imperialist Japan slant. It should be lots of fun.
>>
File: CK4H8xf.png (121 KB, 1518x1519) Image search: [Google]
CK4H8xf.png
121 KB, 1518x1519
>>47962728
My original idea from like a year or two ago was based on the Titanomachy. Angels were Titans, the Evas were Prometheans (and they were clones of the Titan Prometheus). I either can't remember or never decided what Elpis should be.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.