[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To Be or Not to Be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (767 KB, 950x1229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
767 KB, 950x1229
Well /tg/? What would your current character choose? An ordinary, mundane, cyclical life? Or the life of a ruler, a conqueror, a king?
>>
From what I remember in Dragon's Dogma neither tend to work out so well
>>
>>47951634
>Rogue Trader
King. Lesser mortals serve, I command.
>Engineer
I just want a quiet life and to support my family.
>>
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 1404x789) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 1404x789
>>47951634
Peasant. Grasping and struggling to get to the top of the pile are not the path to ataraxia. Movers and shakers are important to maintaining progres in the world but that's not the path I'd like to choose. I just want a soft bed, good food, and warm company.
>>
File: 1466555131153.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1466555131153.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Reach heaven through violence.
>>
File: 6877519147.jpg (116 KB, 745x858) Image search: [Google]
6877519147.jpg
116 KB, 745x858
King, because ambition with no plan and a lot of adaptability has never failed before, right
>>
>>47951763
>Reach heaven through violence.
>Literally a quote from Elder Scrolls lore
I've heard that KSBD was heavily influenced by Sermons of Vivec and Elder Scrolls lore but I didn't realize that it was the case this hard.

Do they utilize reach heaven through violence properly?
In Elder Scrolls lore it refers to the fact that to achieve CHIM, the secrete syllable of royalty, one has to be so egotistic and so self loving that when the realization of CHIM comes to them they will impose their own self and will over the existence, sort of raping the world but at the same time think that it's better for the world to be that way because world is an extension of you and not the other way around. Basically it's about raping the world and becoming basically omnipotent because of that.

What does it mean in KSBD, I am not sure if Tower/Wheel structure and CHIM/Godhead exist in it or not.
>>
>>47951995
K6BD's method is simply murder-fucking your way to godhood, like the Seven once did.
>>
File: WON40.jpg (946 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
WON40.jpg
946 KB, 900x1165
>>47951995
Theres not a concrete explanation for the idiom yet, but seeing how the world works in KSBD, it may mean something along the lines of, in the world of Throne, the only way to achieve enlightenment or greatness is to carve a bloody swathe through all in your way, at least thats how I see it. Theres also been a proverb used thats based on a Buddhist proverb, "If you should meet god on the road, kill him" which again, could mean something deeper, or could just as well mean if you see god, shank that fucker.

As for the structure, the entire setting of KSBD is based on a wheel. Throne is the epicenter, the hub of the multiverse, and every one of the 777,777 universes stretch outwards from Throne as spokes on a wheel
>>
File: numidium (2).jpg (859 KB, 2000x1316) Image search: [Google]
numidium (2).jpg
859 KB, 2000x1316
>>47952052
Well, that is underwhelming.
>>
Current character? He already was the strongest man in the setting.

It wasn't worth it, and he gave it up. Now he'd rather have an ordinary life.
>>
>>47952081
Structure is similar to Elder Scrolls which is similar to Vedic, occultism and Buddhism it seems.

Nirn is the hub of the wheel, missing one and Talos are holding the hub, 8 spokes are the Aedra, 16 inner and outer spaces are Daedric Princes occupying spheres of Oblivion.

That being said Wheel is also a Tower when viewed from a side and Tower is "I" or you, identity in creation. All of creation is part of one whole and in return existence is extension of everything, if you want to control the wheel you have to realize that and climb the tower/make it yours.
>>
>Dresden Files physics professor/kineticist

Spent half that campaign watching good, principled, passive people getting torn apart by faeries. And the other half watching a dashing Nigerian crime boss bluff, bomb, and black bag his way through the worst the supernatural could throw at him. Until those damn faeries got him too.

So King it is. If it's a choice between dying either way, best to leave a mark before you go.
>>
File: YISUN.png (264 KB, 320x339) Image search: [Google]
YISUN.png
264 KB, 320x339
>>47952086
In the universe of KSBD, god is dead, god's been dead for a long time now, committed suicide by diving itself into two gods, and then creating a pantheon from there. However, by the time of recorded and known history, all the gods are gone, having annihilated themselves through forging the universe.

However, god's name remains, and it possesses a power that can rend creation and destroy worlds, the song of god itself, and it's this song that the Conquering King, Zoss, harnessed, via keys he forged. To possess one of these keys is the closest thing to godhood, however that also means you will most likely have to kill someone else who possesses a key, and rip it from their very skull. So yes, attaining godhood is a bloody path
>>
>>47952165
Is that the symbol of Slaanesh on the right?
>>
>>47952165
Yes, the universe is very heavily influenced by Buddhism and Hinduism, it becomes very clear as you read through it. So far theres no true way to control the Wheel, but controlling Throne is very possible, and Throne is heaven, so if you can control Throne, you are basically god. The only issue is, as of current times, Throne is a rotting cesspool, controlled by countless tyrannical and bloated guilds, fat from glutting themselves on the scraps of the people and worlds, and is ruled by seven mad lords.
>>
>>47952200
You know, the blue dude and red woman (YIS and UN?) seem pretty familiar. Like, 'seen on the last two pages' familiar.
>>
>>47952200
>n the universe of KSBD, god is dead, god's been dead for a long time now, committed suicide by diving itself into two gods, and then creating a pantheon from there.
Shiet. In TES universe God is in coma and his coma created a new universe in which Anui-El and Sithis, the two Gods representing 1 and 0, Stasis and Change make up existence.

Is KSBD good? I am a bit lazy to start reading a long running web comic series but comic that is close to TES lore might be fun for me.
>>
>>47952239
Imperial City is built according to Wheel structure on the right.
On the right the wheel is made up of the veil which is the outer rim beyond which there is Oblivion and Aetherius. Nirn which is the hub of creation, different Plane(t)s which are dead bodies of Aedra, Serpent (which is in top right corner) that is made up of un-stars, lower left is Magnus/Sun which is the hole in the veil and out of which Aetherial creatia and Magicka flows which is why people can cast magic on Nirn.
Imperial city is built the same way, White Gold Tower is Nirn, Mages guild is on Magnus etc.
>>
>>47952275
>long running
There are only 188 pages of it out.
>>
File: ksbd33.jpg (772 KB, 1000x847) Image search: [Google]
ksbd33.jpg
772 KB, 1000x847
>>47952275
It's not even long, theres only 180 pages, but it is very good. Abbadon, the creator, puts a LOT of effort into not just creating a thick, living world, but flooding it with lore and stories beyond the current plot. It's very clear he wants to stuff his setting to the brim with color and life.
>>
>>47952275
It's not that long, but I binged hard on it, finished it within a day. I didn't always read the stories posted with the pages though, they are terrific as well.
>>
>>47952275
>Is KSBD good?
The characters are shit as every single one of them is a mopey, bitchy retard. Aesthetics are cool though. I recommend skimming it for cool images and maybe reading the annotations at the bottom.
>>
>>47952389
>The characters are shit as every single one of them is a mopey, bitchy retard
Nigga what
>>
>>47952319
Nigga Homestuck lasted 8 years.

You can't blame a guy for preparing himself for an emotional rollercoaster. Webcomics are serious business.
>>
>>47952424
Ironically enough, KSBD's 'started' on the Homestuck forums. It was a different form and was a different story, but it was done by the same author, obviously he had an idea and was playing around with it on the forums, but after seeing how big his following was just on the forums he probably got the confidence to start working on an actual story.
>>
File: ksbd34.jpg (768 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
ksbd34.jpg
768 KB, 850x1100
>>47951995
First time the proverb is used.
>>
>>47951634
Sorry to be that guy, but where is that from? At least where i live google isnt being very helpful, just tells me its a fictional character
>>
>>47952596
Kill Six Billion demons
read the thread
>>
File: Thronerevisited.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1100) Image search: [Google]
Thronerevisited.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1100
>>47952596
It's the webcomic Kill Six Billion Demons.
>>
File: contemplating regicide.png (108 KB, 383x629) Image search: [Google]
contemplating regicide.png
108 KB, 383x629
>>47952200
all that's supposed to be sort of unreliable. yisun has always existed and has never existed. i'm guessing things like time weren't there until he did the thing.
which raises some questions about the other myths. how can he have talked with hansa and aesma if they didn't exist until he stopped existing? the answer is probably some version of "because omnipotence".

my interpretation is that "yisun's speaking house" was some sort of religion type thing to the gods. rather than yisun appearing and giving them answers the stories might be result of introspection they did there.
>>
>>47952669
Well as you said, time wasn't even a thing, so the gods creating the Wheel, doing all their little stories of godly endeavors and adventures and interactions could have all taken place in less than an instance of the universe's passage. Just like how YISUN came into existence and in that same instant, grew tired of a meaningless, circular existence and killed itself
>>
>>47952370
>but it is very good

You can push the comic here if you like, but don't tell lies about it.
>>
>>47952717
>less than an instance of the universe's passage.
How long is that?
>>
>>47953067
As long as it takes to be
>>
>>47953093
To be what?
>>
>>47953127
To be
>>
>>47953139
You keep not finishing your sentences, is something wrong with your internet connection?
>>
>>47953145
I keep telling you anon, it's as long as it takes to be , isn't that clear?
>>
>>47953172
Also that post would have more impact if 4chan doesn't reduce multiple spaces between words
>>
>>47953172
No. How do you know when it has finished being?
>>
>>47952389
>every single one of them is a mopey, bitchy retard.
6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe is neither mopey nor bitchy.
>>
>>47951738
Is engineer a game or your occupation?
>>
File: 1458936921317.gif (3 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1458936921317.gif
3 MB, 500x333
>>47953184
When it "is". Even if time is still flowing, the moment of perception is the point where it "is".
>>
>>47953522
If it is, then it can't have finished being, because is is a form of be.
>>
>>47952270
Oh damn, the similarity is striking now
>>
>>47952200
>god is dead
kek
>>
>everyone choosing King
>the lone Peasant ends up Ruling.
>>
>>47954643
>everyone thinking it's a binary
Can't do shit with only peasants and kings.
>>
>>47954720

Corp Execs and Wageslaves then?
>>
>>47954775
Gotta have middle management.
>>
>>47954780
Epic level Cunt
Incompetent: Understanding what "spam" and "lip service" mean
+40 to self-righteous white-knighting
>>
>>47954792

Aren't they technically in the wageslave category then? Some wageslaves are more valuable then other wageslaves after all.
>>
>>47954804
When do you stop being a wageslave? Execs pull salaries too.
>>
>>47954792
>>47954804
>>47954824
This is starting to get painful to watch.
>>
>>47952459
I hope she asks this every time she sees Allison.

>psst
>hey
>hey, kid
>whatcha thinkin' about?
>is it death?
>>
>>47951671
>The moment when a cute small brown elf girl pawn becomes old 6.5ft tall, slightly obese red haired and bearded wizard. And a that fucking merchant is on the beach
>>
>>47951634
>Eclipse Phase
>Martian loli catgirl what plans to terraform Mars without anyone's consent
Yeah, pretty sure she wouldn't fit in either camp.
>>
>>47952669
It gets weirder when you realize that the gods supposedly went around different different worlds and the universe was already a wheel. The worlds beyond Throne were supposedly created by the gods at the time of their deaths.
>>
>>47951634
>California Free States born Ganger and Hacker.
Fuck you, pay me.
>>
>>47952086
A lot of the comic lore and scripture seems to treat violence as metaphorical, kind of like a continual grasping for greater things for the sake of doing so itself, not for any notional belief in victory? I don't claim to be an expert or anything, and there definitely is some murder-fucking involved, but I think that other anon is underrepresenting it
>>
>>47951634
What does "favoured servant of a god" count as?
>>
>>47958964
>>47952052
K6BD is heavily influenced by Nietzsche philosophy, so much Nietzsche was a literal character in the first form of the comic, and even the mentor of the MC.

Going by this prism, reaching heaven through violence means that the only way to be is to have the will to power, and the will to use it. Transform yourself and be reborn in your own ash until you become more. Cut your path through the word. K6BD is highly Nietzschean in spirit, and not that asinine popular interpretation, but the true one.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.