[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone seriously have a problem with the idea of female
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23
File: Space-Marine-scout-250x250.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Space-Marine-scout-250x250.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
Does anyone seriously have a problem with the idea of female space marines? It seems like a"muh lore" reaction over anything else, and nobody really fights for the original Rogue Trader fluff these days anyway. My main problem with them is people's kitbashes tend to look fucking awful, and artistic depictions tend to look too pretty.
>>
>>47922412
my only problem with them is that theyd be sterile
>>
>>47922421
HA! good one Hernandez
>>
File: redone SoB.jpg (203 KB, 736x1100) Image search: [Google]
redone SoB.jpg
203 KB, 736x1100
>>47922412
>artistic depictions tend to look too pretty
So what do you want them to look like? Take away the femininity and you essentially get regular superhuman Space Marines. Do you want it to just be a little sidebar that says 'oh btw women can be marines too'?
>>
>>47922412
So can we have male sisters of battle?
>>
>>47922412

Here's a question for you, Faglord McOP: why do you want female space marines? You literally have no valid reason that's any better than "muh lore" so maybe that will help your autistic manchild brain comprehend why people are so averse to raping the lore for no good reason.
>>
>>47922495
The Frateris Templars were around for a few thousand years, right?
>>
>>47922501
to expand on this it's not the concept people dislike it's the justification behind it and who is usually the ones insisting on it

it's like equality for women. yeah of course no one would have a problem with that. doesn't mean feminists and SJWs aren't cancer and should get the fuck out
>>
>>47922476
Not OP, but pretty much. Yeah there are women space Marines, but they serve, bleed, and die the same way guys do. Would there be changes to long , sure, "Sister Marine" and all that.
It's the people who try to make them super anime girly that ruin the aesthetic that the SM's are built on, cold stoic superhuman warrior monks.
>>
>>47922515
>it's like equality for women. yeah of course no one would have a problem with that.
>doesn't mean feminists...aren't cancer
lul
>>
>>47922590
>he thinks feminists want female equality rather than female superiority

It's in the name.
>>
>>47922590
feminism isn't about equality, otherwise they wouldn't dismiss male issues out of hand. you cannot address gender inequality by only addressing a single gender. and omitting the context-important "SJW" part of that quote makes your argument a strawman since it's very obvious what kind of feminist is being referred to when lumped with SJWs
>>
>>47922603
>>47922617
What's the issue with female space marines if it is about equality though?
>>
>>47922412
Heres a little know secret OP. ALL space marines are Female.Why else would they need to insert Geneseed?
>>
>>47922412
okay i have a question for you
whats wrong with having an all male game. . the equality push means women are popping up in everything and also getting more female centric things. but why can't a man have his own games without women being involved and it still be okay?
nevermind the fact that we do have females in warhammer just not spess muhreens.
>>
Women are weaker and not as robust as men.

There'd still be a whole lot less, like hella lot less female spicehammers if they were chosen for the process because it's so deadly. And at the end is what you have is a weaker space marine that looks only slightly different to male ones.

There's just no point.

inb4 hurr hurr you hate women -4 strength, I love women, but you're straight retarded if you don't think much of the strength difference among the strongest and most athletic females in the world can be out done by rather ordinary blokes in lots of activities. Women are good at things women are naturally good at and men are good at things men are naturally good at.

IN ADDITION: It's extra pointless and would require a great deal of rewriting (remember to produce essentially pointless results).

Get this, space marines take after big E genetically.

The God Emperor of Mankind, is a human male. The relevant information to do into space marining and primarch comes from male DNA. I know that Y is a pretty runty piece of DNA but it counts a great deal for males.

So again, it requires a stupidly large amount of fucking out to make slightly shittier space marines. Yet if you go by typical gender neutral in every way 40k lore where men and women are equal even in physical prowess, you've essentially done a lot of fucking to make dickless marines, congratulations.

TD fucking DR;
A little, only because it's pointless.
>>
>>47922635

It's not equality. It's needlessly forcing shit where it doesn't need to go. Just like making an all female Ghostbusters movie for no reason. How about we put a bunch of white guys on BET? Why has nobody complained about BET being racist for only having blacks?

Why aren't we putting men in women's sports?
>>
>>47922657
40k surely is all about legit biology. This is just the "muh lore" argument, anon.
>>
>>47922590
Third/Fourth Wave feminism, that this
>>
>>47922412

I don't understand why lore isn't a valid criticism.

GW has changed a lot, but the Primarchs being the sons of the Emperor and the Space Marines in turn being their sons and the Space Marines being akin to a monastic order is seemingly something that has become a foundation stone of the setting. The thing about the Primarch's being made from the Emperor's genetic material and thus that meaning only males can be Space Marines seems sound to me, though I wouldn't be surprised if like a lot of things this didn't prove to be the case when you dug deeper and looked at 40k under a realistic lens.

Female Marines would also shit all over the Sisters of Battle too since they would basically become them.

Honestly you'd be better off doing more with Sisters and trying to increase female representation in other parts of the Imperium.
>>
>>47922412
It makes more sense tonally for the Imperium to be a sexist institution. Even if female space marines were possible, they wouldn't make them because a woman's duty to the Emperor is making more soldiers to go into the fight. There are a handful of exceptional women in the Inquisition and (thanks to a legal loophole) Sororitas, but as a whole it should be frowned upon by the incredibly backwards institutions that make up the Imperium.

Remember that this is a crapsack galaxy where every smidgeon of hope has been squashed out and every possible vector that could lead to a good ending is ignored. This isn't like Mass Effect where if we all hold hands and work together the power of diversity will save the day, this is Warhammer 40k where the diverse group of aliens you're allying with plan to break your legs because they don't have to outrun the cosmic horror, they just have to outrun you.
>>
>>47922672
Tumblr wave feminism.
>>
>>47922501
>being this triggered
>>
>>47922668
Ok lets go by that then. Still.

Why?
>>
>>47922503
A few hundred I think. Van Dire founded or legitimized them and they ended with his death.
>>
>>47922412
Why pander to an audience that was never going to play the game anyway?
>>
>>47922603
>de feminist boogeywomen want to take away all my rights
>>
>>47922635
Please define equality. What exactly about women should be equal that isn't already? And why should this apply to fictional characters?
You can't just say "women should be equal to men" in the sense that numbers can be equal. They'll never be identical to men or to each other. You can only say all people should have the same amount of a certain thing.
>>
>>47922701
It's not like the Imperium's conservatism corresponds exactly to modern human conversatism though. If you tap stuff like Inquisitor some of the original Inquisitors were women. The SoB have pride-of-place in a number of fields in the Imperium - they fight, but they're also scholars and medics and priests and seneschals to the nobility.

The Imperium produces a tremendous number of bodies in the first place, and all bodies are fuel for the fire. I can see many worlds that have the attitude you're laying out - but it won't be universal.
>>
>>47922412
>Does anyone seriously have a problem with the idea of female space marines? It seems like a"muh lore" reaction over anything else
There's nothing wrong with having a "muh lore" reaction.

Space marines are picked from the best of the best, there's no way any living female could pass the training.
>inb4 "MU REALISM"
>>
>>47922737
Well, for example you could start with trying to get a legal abortion in Texas.
>>
Heres a good tool tip: If [blank] provides to relevant alteration to the actual setting, then there was no real reason to include/change [blank] to begin with
>>
>>47922744
there's no way anyone could survive the shit space marines go through, even with implants. This is 40k fo fuck sake, calling inb4 mu realism is the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going lalalala
>>
>>47922663
But they did make an all-male Ghostbusters movie for no reason, didn't they?
>>
>>47922786
Men can't get abortions in Texas either.
>>
>>47922657
Its okay Anon, I love women too.

>>47922436
Cheers! And hey, Id be all for some Space Marinette Baby Mommas but theyd probablly always be to busy "training" or "praying" to do anything fun......bet you a Female Imperial Fist would be into some kinky shit though!
>>
File: 1444836398497.jpg (794 KB, 2324x1708) Image search: [Google]
1444836398497.jpg
794 KB, 2324x1708
>>47922701

>It makes more sense tonally for the Imperium to be a sexist institution

It really doesn't and I don't think there has ever been an in lore example the show that the Imperium at large is sexist, specific planets could be a different story. The Imperium is human tribalism taken to the next level where it ultimately doesn't matter what the differences are as long as someone is human and on your side. You seem to be imposing the squabbles that currently exist in humanity only because the only other we're aware of and view as a threat exists within our own race.

Again, haven't seen anything in the lore to back up that it's a woman's job to just give birth or that females somehow hold a lower standing in the Imperium in general. If either were true then I don't think that the daughters of Imperial servants would be shipped off to the Schola Progenium.
>>
File: willy_wonka_sarcasm_meme.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
willy_wonka_sarcasm_meme.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>47922412
>obvious weak sauce bait thread
>mfw everyone, including me, is munching on it in current year
>>
>>47922843
What the fuck? But I WANT an abortion! Give me one valid reason why I shouldnt be allowed too?
>>
>>47922742
I agree with what you're saying, but I still think that in the quest to keep a consistent grimdark tone across 40k, it makes the most sense for the egalitarians to be very much in the minority. Not that it would go too far against the grain if the Imperium as a whole were an ascended space society where women and men are held in the exact same stature, but I think it's supposed to be more backwards than that. Remember that half of the Imperium lives in space fuedalism, and a lot of the worlds are so backwards that the existence of a galaxy beyond their own planet is a completely alien concept to them.
>>
>>47922412
I wouldn't like the inclusion because it wouldn't have any reason behind except for the appeal to a badly interpreted and forced gender equality.
Thematically speaking marines would distance further from the monastic and/or chivalric brotherhood, model wise the kitbash would be mire restrictive, aesthetically speaking if applying boob armor or any change in proportion to show femininity you ruin the simple concept of space marine's form, if going for neutral armor you are adding nothing.

Why can't we have fluff for augmented sisters strike forces instead?
>>
>>47922828
No they made two Ghostbustes films with actors of exceptional skill who fit the roles well.

You trying to claim they got the job based only on their genders and not the hard work they put in is your own prejudice blinding you.

There was no 3rd Ghostbusters film. There was also no X-men 3.
>>
>>47922906
>Hollywood
>hard work they put in

That's not how that works at all.
>>
this is like discussing, why we don’t have female Gladiators, why is nobody going back in time and tell the Romes about equality?
>>
>the imperium is an evil genocidal space nazi rapeotropolis of bad life choices and maximum oppression
>but it can't be sexist!!!
the only thing people who argue for gender equality in WH40k know about the setting is that space marines are the protagonists of the video games so the Imperium is the good guys and should be pillars of modern day morality

now if we were talking about a fairy tale paladin kingdom of objective lawful goodness, complaints about gender inequality could be made, but we're talking about Stalinist Russia and Nazi Germany Meet the Spanish Inquisition and the Terran Federation and Embark On A Campaign of Galactic Genocide here.
>>
>>47922937
>tell the Romes
>>
>>47922906
>men got the job because they deserved it, women got the jobbecause it's pandering.

I'm not saying you're necessarily saying that, but that's the general jist of what I see when people argue that a female main cast is the problem with that movie.
>>
>>47922890

I don't think it's about any sort of egalitarianism, it's about stripping all of that away and looking at what you're left with as a resource to be best allocated. If someone can do their job right, who gives a damn what sex they are.
>>
>>47922617
>muh men's rights
Come back when you have real problems.
>>
>>47922944
why dont you also correct it, while your are at it?
>>
so is this today's pigadin thread?
>>
>>47922635
Personally, I never viewed the 40k setting as being progressive and fair. More specifically, it is hard to imagine the Imperium suddenly pushing social justice, where slavery and feudalism are okay, so long as you serve the Emperor.

More importantly, there are plenty of settings that push progressive tones, such as Star Trek. Is it so wrong to have one that does not push social justice?
>>
>>47922937
There were female gladiators though, in the same way we have females in boxing and mma and wwe.
>>
>>47922843
Please be bait.
>>
>>47922956
That's the point I was trying to make, basically. I mean, if it's bad, it's bad, and that's fine. Saying it's bad because "muh females" is something else altogether.
>>
>>47922983
It's not about the Imperium suddenly pushing social justice at all.
>>
>>47922905
>Why can't we have fluff for augmented sisters strike forces instead?
Funnily enough that is how it worked in Rogue Trader. The Sisters cleared out rogue Space Marine chapters.
>>
because it's a dystopian setting "o yea our grim fantasy universe adheres 2 modern standards- IT'S 2016 C'MON GUYS"
equality doesn't mean shit from fictious characters; if a reliable narrator shows hate, that's where problems begin
>>
>>47922987
wow. I did not know that. But you get the point.
>>47922996
its about people bushing social justice in the grim darkness.
>>
>>47922657
What if females had something special about them, like a higher rate of psychic nulls in a population. You could have a male space marines, and female space marines used the way sisters of silence were used.
>>
>>47922996
But it would require changes to the Imperium to make it more progressive towards women. The Imperium allows slavery, feudalism, and eugenics, but it can't be sexist?
>>
>>47923040
>changes to the Imperium
What changes? Are we talking specifically only about the Space Marine thing here? For the common population, the Imperium has never been portrayed as universally sexist. If women are capable, they are used.
>>
>>47923040
>The Imperium can't be sexist?
It can be, but it's not, at least on a grand scale.
>>
"why can't there be women space marines?"
fuck off, the adeptus soroitas are good enough
>>
>>47922412
The design point for space marines is catholic knights/monks which is why they're all male. It's a central part of their design and one of the pillars the setting is built on.
>>
>>47922412
Yes, it makes the Imperium look too heroic, progressive and free.
When they're so bad people from the Dark Ages would look at them in disgust.
>>
>>47922412

1. Because all the military orders were full on male historicaly wise (and spheesh mhurins are based on military orders).

2. Imperium isn't your leftist paradise but the furthest right possible facist state.

3. Males will be always more effective than females due to biology. If you want to break it, then sure, it's possible. But in the end you will get something that looks like a dickless male (transexual on steroids).

4. There're races that utilize regular female units due to shortage of manpower (eldar) or EQUALITY (tau).

5. You can probably find female imperial guards, as they're nothing more than just meatshields, so who cares about their gender.
>>
>>47923076
>4. There're races that utilize regular female units due to shortage of manpower (eldar) or EQUALITY (tau).
I like how aliens just definitely 100% have the same biology as us.
>>
>>47922927
Did you enjoy the first Ghostbusters film?
>>
>>47923076
>There're races that utilize regular female units due to shortage of manpower (eldar)
Aren't the females better than the males in the eldar anyway?
>>
>>47923076

Actually with Eldar I'd argue it might not be due to a shortage of manpower since as a whole they seem to be more about dexterity and technology than anything else.

The shortage thing doesn't really seem to apply to the Dark Eldar either who I don't think have been portrayed as a dying race due to being okay with having test tube children.
>>
>>47923054
This.

The imperium is a horrible entity doing horrible things to it's own people. But it's not targeting any human based on age, race, gender or anything like that. Certain planets and even whole sectors might, but the imperium as a whole will shaft you anyway, blind to such prejudice!
>>
>>47922412
>the idea of female space marines?

No problem as such, no.

I do have a problem with the few SJW who make it a big deal out of it.
Granted, these are almost non-existent since the world of miniature games is nowhere near as profitable target as computer/online gaming.

And people who're too vocal about their magical realm reasons for wanting female SM.
They're kind of annoying as well.
>>
>>47923002
Problem solved then, no?
>>
>>47922663
Because white people already star in almost every TV show, especially when BET was first launched. Black shows are generally considered unmarketable to white audiences, so unless there was a network devoted to it, most of the shows on BET would have never been produced.

>>47922737
Well, let's start with media representation. It's still news when there's a mainstream movie with a female protagonist. Maybe it's because only 15% of the behind-the-scenes people in the entertainment industry.

Then there's government representation. If men and women were treated equally by American society, you'd expect a roughly 50-50 split between them in elected office. But nope. It's still significantly easier for a man to get into a position which makes him considered for public office (like judgeship or local party leader) and much easier for them to win elections since there's not a considerable percentage of the population that automatically thinks they're unfit for leadership.

There's the fact that women make less money than men despite being more likely to have a college degree. They get pressured out of high-paying fields. In a series of studies, professors asked to hire a hypothetical aide were less likely to pick a woman and offered her less money based solely on the name at the top of the resume, even when they were identical.

Who do you think receives more death threats in an average day--a controversial male politician, or a woman who posts a video on YouTube featuring herself?
>>
>>47923040
The Imperium as a whole is not sexist. The Ecclesiarchy is reported to be a bit more sexist than usual because the Emperor is a man and therefore being a woman makes you intrinsically distant from him, meaning you have much lower chances of progressing in their hierarchy.

But that's about it. Women can and do get in the Imperial Guard, women can and do get in the Adepto Mechanicus, women can and do get in the Inquisition, women can and do pretty much anything a man can in the grim darkness of the far future where there is only war.

>"B-b-but muh baby factories!".
If the human population is less than one billion and is all stuck on one planet with no technology to get out of there, of course they're going to be "protective" of women, meaning they don't go to war and are instead kept home to make sure the lands are still there and being taken care of and that there's a continuous supply of new generations of potential warriors/hearthkeepers. This is why all ancient cultures on the planet Earth worked that way, and in some way still do, but even today when there's over 7 billion people you tend to give less fucks if thousands of people die by the day. That's normal.

In the Imperium the scale is so off the charts you can't even conceive how many people there are and how many new humans are born every minute. Also, most of the time you're not facing other humans who are going to kill your men but take the lands and women; if you keep your women home and safe instead of the battlefield, they might get hurt, raped and even killed by the winners, but most of them will survive and possibly be still fine, but if the orks or the tyranids invade you, if the men alone can't make it the women and lands will NOT be spared, that's a fact.

Even losing a million women is insignificant for the Imperium's ability to make new humans, the safety of its borders is much more vital and doubling the amount of lasguns you fire on the enemy is more important than "sexism".
>>
>>47922968
Will you just look at all that gender equality!
>>
>>47923050
But women have not been used as Space Marines. That would require the Imperium to be more progressive towards women as Space Marines. The same Imperium that allows exterminatus, slavery, and eugenics.

Why do you want female Space Marines? At the end of the day, I feel like we are arguing why there is not more female representation of ISIS/ISIL in our media.

>>47923054
Define grand scale. There are billions (trillions?) of humans that live like serfs. Is that not grand scale? Last time I checked, that would make the Imperium sexist.
>>
>>47923076
>Imperium
>furthest right possible

The Imperium is left as fuck.
It's all about big government crushing people.
>>
>>47922546
> Sister Marine

Either you're a battle brother or get the fuck out. Nobody cares what you have between your legs, if you're a Marine you're a Brother in Arms.

Same as how with the Howling Banshees, you put on your goddamn boob-plate and tuck if you happen to have a package.
>>
>>47923097
No.
>>
>>47922412
If they would have been part of the original lore, I would have been fine with it.
>>
>>47923022

Honestly now that you bring them up I'd rather they bring the Sisters of Silence back in 40k than add female Space Marines. Those bitches are cool as fuck.
>>
>>47923076

>Males will be always more effective than females due to biology. If you want to break it, then sure, it's possible. But in the end you will get something that looks like a dickless male (transexual on steroids).

I'm fine with that. I don't give a fuck if they look like monster-freak biological weapons. The guys are too, they're horrific. That's the reason male-only doesn't make much sense - if they can bio-engineer on such a huge scale, and transform a human into a massively enhanced meat-machine, why not do that to females as well? If a woman meets the 'SUPER EXTREME WILLPOWER' test the marines have a hardon for, why not use them as templates? I don't think they need to be cute or hot, it's literally just odd that they aren't doing it.
>>
>>47923175
I would like to see sos or sob updated too, but I think there is a higher chance to see female marines, then those.
>>
>>47923184
>it's literally just odd that they aren't doing it.

How?
Marines start from the best of the best.
>>
Yeah I do.

The appeal of space marines is that they're as male as a soldier can be. The concept of space marines isn't just "okay what if we had knights in space" or "what if we had a bunch of superhuman badasses", it's also "they're 100% male, they're so male they can't be anything other than male at any point in their lives."

It's like with a bunch of other things in 40k that are the absolute epitome of a concept or quality, that's what gives the setting this epic, larger-than-life quality; you've got characters and factions who are the purest, strongest expression of a certain idea. In the case of space marines, it's being knights. The mere possibility of a female marine would weaken the archetype of space marines.
>>
>>47923153
> Would require the Imperium to be more progressive

No, Anon, it would require them to deliberately go out of their way to make women "equal" to men.

The Imperium is resource starved of everything EXCEPT warm bodies. That's their schtick.

Technology is rare and difficult to reproduce, and so valuable that modifying it is considered unbearably risky. Plus all the bad history with experimentation resulting in mutation, chaos infection, and homocidal AI.

Quite frankly, the Imperium only has so many Space Marine Geneseed vaults, and it has more than enough men to be excessively wasteful in picking candidates for the process. There's no reason to waste that spot on a woman you would have to do more work on, than to cram a guy in there.

It's not that they view women as less valuable, it's just that they have more than enough disposable men for the job.
>>
>>47922990
Is it not true?
>>
>>47922476
Your picture pretty much captures how female space marines should look like, that is to say like >>47922546
said.
>>
>>47923137
>Who do you think receives more death threats in an average day--a controversial male politician, or a woman who posts a video on YouTube featuring herself?

Assuming this isn't bait, the numbers are pretty equal, with men getting marginally more threats except in the case of journalists, where women edge out ahead. I think there was a PEW study.
>>
>>47923239
Here's my picture on how female space marines should look.
>>
>>47923152
Your idea of equality is the same idea of equality that would lead a news show pit a climatologist against an unaccredited global warming denier. Men and women should be treated equally by society, but as it stands the gap for equality is much larger on the women's side than on the men's.

MRAs like to claim they'd love to support equality, but in practice any attempt to appease them results in "take care of our problems first!". E.g. "We can talk wage gap when you get us paternity leave!" or "Women are underestimated in positions of legal authority? Fuck that, man, we get an unfavorable deal in divorce [from overwhelmingly male judges]!"
>>
>>47923254
The exact same applies the other way around too, but let's just ignore that.
>>
>>47923155
What do you think left is?
>>
>>47923137
>If men and women were treated equally by American society, you'd expect a roughly 50-50 split between them in elected office.

What an atrociously idiotic thing to say.
>>
>>47923184
making a single space marine is expensive famalam; as the other anon said, only the best of the best are selected; even fewer survive.

Someone could also argue the geneseed doesn't fit in female bonestructure.
>>
What's wrong with a sausagefest faction?

I guess we already got orks but they're the comic relief faction. I don't see what's wrong with having a serious male-only faction, and keeping it as such, instead of subverting it for the sake of subversion.
>>
>>47923218
That's an interesting point Anon. I do not have much to add.
>>
File: Barbarian Rage.gif (1 MB, 156x183) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian Rage.gif
1 MB, 156x183
>>47923254
> MRAs

> MRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

So, we're just going to ignore that the most vocal and high profile "MRAs" are also well known Feminists who were pushed out from a radicalizing movement because they dared to say that maybe there was inequality towards the other gender as well?

Stop acting like a child.

I'm so glad like 85% of women realize this shit and don't identify as a "Feminist" despite being vocally for equal rights.
>>
>>47923254
You have yet to name one concrete legal right that women have in the United States that men don't.
>wage gap
Doesn't exist, has been illegal for over 50 years, and makes no sense for an employer to do.
>positions of legal authority
So women should automatically be given authority just for being women? Why are you against meritocracy?
>>
>>47922412
>>47922714

Because testosterone therapy is part of someone being turned into a spacemarine.
>>
>>47923246
Was that study examining ordinary citizens, or just professionals?
>>
File: 1466199977633.png (15 KB, 296x165) Image search: [Google]
1466199977633.png
15 KB, 296x165
>>47923265
>>
>>47923270
Communisim.
Big government.
>>
>>47923254
>wage gap
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>47923254
>the wage gap meme

People still believe in this absolutely retarded notion?
>>
>>47923298
Well, and that's the thing. Technology is rare, expensive, and fragile in the sense that it's more likely to break if not used correctly than anything else - in the best of cases - and that it's not going to be replaceable.

Fuck me though, there are two lost legions for a reason. There's nothing stopping people from saying they have super sekrit Female geneseed progenoids and Space Marines.

The Imperium probably would be on that like white on rice if they found it too, to better cram people into combat as bio-genetic space monsters.

There's just no real reason to do so with the Imperium as a whole because it erodes their "Holding their desperate last with insufficient gear being kept together with faith and sacrifice in a slowly losing battle."

Seriously, they already have Trans-Eldar that you never know about because it's not fucking important. They don't identify as Female, they identify as Banshees which present as female but that's just because you can't tell which boobs are feminine or masculine.

But yeah. There's always "Your Dudes". Slap tits on your Space Marines, go nuts. Just don't expect it to enter official lore and water down the Imperiums schtick.
>>
>>47923322
How does it need a citation any more than your assertion?

>Feminists like to claim they'd love to support equality, but in practice any attempt to appease them results in "take care of our problems first!". E.g. "We can talk paternity leave when you sort out the wage gap!" or "Men get an unfavorable deal in divorce [from overwhelmingly male judges]? Fuck that, women are underestimated in positions of legal authority!"

See how that works?
>>
>>47923346
>The Imperium probably would be on that like white on rice

No.
There are a very limited number of space marines, not because they can't make more, but because they are heavily regulated. The Imperium does not want lots.
>>
>>47923346
>Seriously, they already have Trans-Eldar that you never know about because it's not fucking important. They don't identify as Female, they identify as Banshees which present as female but that's just because you can't tell which boobs are feminine or masculine.

This is fanfiction only.
>>
>>47923218
This is easily the best argument I have ever seen against female space marines, the only one to ever make me convince me a little certainly.
>>
>>47923388
> Says in the codex that most but not all Banshees are Female

What, they have a magical third gender they don't mention?

Or are you saying the Codex is fanfiction?
>>
>>47923376
Also, because only one in a million is even a potential candidate and of thkse, only one in thousand makes it to being a scout.
>>
>>47923137
>If men and women were treated equally by American society, you'd expect a roughly 50-50 split between them in elected office.
Perhaps it's because the people vote for men more often because men actually make better canidates

>There's the fact that women make less money than men despite being more likely to have a college degree. They get pressured out of high-paying fields.
Or perhaps woman are able to make their own choices and tend to chose useless degrees like Gender Studies and Philosophy. Being "pressured" has nothing to do with it because at the end of the day no one is MAKING them major in underwater basket weaving, they chose it voluntarily.

>Who do you think receives more death threats in an average day--a controversial male politician, or a woman who posts a video on YouTube featuring herself?
If I had a dollar for every death threat some edgelord feminist on Tumblr or Twitter made against Donald Trump I'd bet richer than him.
>>
>>47923376
True, true. There is the political aspect to consider.

Then again, more SM.

They'd probably just tell them all to pretend to be Dark Angels. Maybe that's what they're hiding in th-
>>
>>47923413
I'm saying they don't present as female unless they are female.
They are not trans in anyway.
Banshees are actually pretty sexist, which is funny because I'm sure a lot of people miss the joke.
>>
>>47923413
what's fanfiction is that male banshees wear boobplate and are referred to as "she".
There's no evidence of that.
>>
>>47923375
Different anon but I've seen feminists supporting paternity leave and fairer divorce deals but I've only ever seen MRAs deny the wage gap or whatever woman specific problem is brought up.
>>
>>47922412
They're pumped so full of drugs they'd hardly be female any more by the time they're fully grown.
>>
>>47923331
Communisim, right. But not realy Big governments.
>>
>>47923433
"The Howling Banshees are a predominately female Aspect" - Codex Craftworlds.

Which obviously means there are male Howling Banshees. If they use boobplate is unknown. All official art shows Banshees with boobplate. Incidentally, the codex also states that the Banshee mask amplifies their battle cries, which mean male banshees scream like girls.
>>
>>47923429
>Because men actually make better candidates

And with that completely unfounded assertation
>Opinion discarded
>>
>>47923446
The wage gap
DOES
NOT
EXIST

If it did, did you seriously think employers wouldn't instantly fire every single one of their male employees to replace them with women they can pay less because muh patriarchy?
>>
>>47923467
>which mean male banshees scream like girls.
wat?
>>
>>47922412
because if otherwise, they'd be men
>>
>>47923446
I've only seen MRAs deny the cause of the wage gap, namely women choosing to enter lower paying jobs or taking Maternity leave even when parental leave is offered instead.

I mean, do you seriously think guys would rather go to work and sit by Bob "I really need deodorant" than be with their kids during the day?

MEanwhile the best I've seen from Feminists is "Men have problems too, and this is why it's because they hate women" or the Feminists that do support those issues get pushed out like CHS.
>>
>>47923305
I'm for meritocracy. But people assume women have less merit even when that's empirically untrue. Just handing out positions of authority wouldn't solve the problem.

The wage gap, meanwhile, has never been made illegal. That's what the ERA was supposed to do. More importantly, the wage gap is exacerbated by women being bullied out of higher-paying male-centric fields, usually at the pre-college level. That's why there's so much emphasis on encouraging women to pursue STEM careers now, to try to balance that out.

>>47923302
>I can ignore the best feminists, but you can't ignore the handful of MRAs with whom I vocally disassociate in this very post
>>
I like the idea that only another space marine would be able to tell the difference between a male and a female.
>>
>>47922412
we have sisters why would we need femarines?

they are surplus to requirements
>>
>>47923462
Big governments are the only way to enforce communism, the two are inherently linked by human nature. Look at the Imperium, some of the biggest influences, to the regime part, include Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia. The Imperium is very leftist, just the left that existed before nu males.
>>
>>47923446
Every single time I see a self-described feminist talking about male issues, it's always from the perspective that they're caused by men or masculinity.

Personally I think both men and women have problems caused by our culture (both men and women), but also often created by statistical biological differences and that the difference is often hard to tease out or just some combination of the two.
As for the wage gap - if we're talking about the 70% number, that's just bullshit and there's a reason no one wants to talk about that. If we start at a more sensible number then a reasonable conversation can be had, but until then it's just going to be two sides yelling past each other.
>>
>>47923468
>unfounded assertation
If the majority of politicians are male then how is it unfounded? If females are theoretically better than why are therer fewer of them?
>>
all gender equality issues stem from petty resentment over trivial issues.

just be fucking happy that you've got enough money to support yourself holy shit

even if you don't, just sell drugs or someshit, nobody will care whether you're a guy or a girl.
>>
>>47922412
yes, there is no logical reason for female soldiers of any type in the imperium, so the battle is already lost.
>>
>>47923537
Because muh patriarchy.
>>
>>47923494
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963
Your next line will be ">laws work"
>>
breaking a glitch - ignore this post
>>
>>47923413
Everything is fanfiction, m8.

EVERYTHING!
>>
>>47923473
Has there ever been any study proving that? I know there's the one that brought up the wage gap in the first place and I know people have picked at that saying different things weren't accounted for but is there any solid proof that there's no wage gap? Not baiting legitimately curious.

>If it did, did you seriously think employers wouldn't instantly fire every single one of their male employees to replace them with women they can pay less because muh patriarchy.

Also that's an incredibly reductionist argument with consideration for context or a realistic circumstance.
>>
>>47923529
Actually Nazis are called right extremists. You can have a left or right dictatorships.
>>
>>47922412
>Does anyone seriously have a problem with the idea of female space marines?
Yes, and "muh lore", cunt, is everything. Fuck you. Get out.
>>
>>47923571

This >>47923550
>>
>>47923589
>Actually Nazis are called right extremists.

By fools. The Nazis were socialists.
>>
>>47923467
A box loudspeaker amplifies your battle cries.
Does it make you sound like a little girl?
Also, what would really be unique about artwork of a male banshee? Half of me thinks they only added that because someone in the author's group likes to mix in males or something.
>>
>>47923571
The simplest proof: the workforce isn't made up entirely of women.

If there was as big a wage gap as people claim, do you really fucking think that corporations would higher anything but women? Really?
>>
>>47923633
Nationalists first, socialist leanings and tendencies second.
Ie they came into power under a nationalist policy, They transitioned to more socialistic policies as time went on.
>>
>>47923645
Gav throrpe basically admitted he wanted to have path of the warrior have the mae protagonist become a banshee. There is no help for eldar.
>>
>>47923571
well you see, a study was done into the wage gap-
the modern wage gap is not women being paid less for the same jobs; it's women being paid less because they generally go into fields, that pay less than fields men go into
>>
>>47923537
It's weird. You look around at nature and most species have a dominant sex.
Among mammals it's usually males (because bearing and nursing live offspring takes a lot of resources) but not always (hyenas).
Chimpanzees are male dominant, Gorillas are male dominant, Bonobos are perhaps female dominant.
Then you look at humans and human societies and you see that matriarchal societies are vanishingly rare to non-existent, and patriarchal societies are the norm on every continent through recorded history.

And then we wonder why most politicians and CEOs are male.

I'm not saying it's good. But this idea that we can make the world equal if we just try not to be so sexist is never going to happen unless we fundamentally alter our biology to fix it.
Man and Women have the same average IQ, but the range of male IQs is much larger. Both the most stupid and the most intelligent examples of mankind are men. If we can't work out how this might impact certain statistics at the extreme ends, I don't know what to say.
>>
>>47923537
>There is more of them, therefore they are better.

This has to be bait, no one is that dumb.
>>
>>47923571
The wage gap exists because it's easier for Sally to be a server than to sit behind a desk, because Sally is a strong independent woman who don't need no boss man telling her what to wear and do.
>>
>>47923679
No, clearly it must be because the patriarchal society is trying its hardest to keep women down, that's much more logical
>>
>>47923494
>That's why there's so much emphasis on encouraging women to pursue STEM careers now, to try to balance that out.

Which is more likely?
>The Patriarchy which hates women is encouraging them to become engineers in the name of gender equality
>Corporations are pushing the 'STEM gap' so they can flood the job market in the name of reducing wages
>>
>>47923633
Only in name. Social in not really what you think about when thinking about Nazis or the Imperium. The Imperium are right nationalists, if you can call it a Nation. But they dont care for anything that is connected to left Ideology. Only the Bad parts of Communism. They are to large part a Monarch.
>>
Valid complaints:
>there are no female IG models whether it be grunts or officers
>sisters of battle have received no new models in 12 years and some of their models are no longer being made at all
>the female inquisitor models are no longer being made
>some model kits that used to be mixed gender like dark elf warriors got "updated" to remove the female parts

Not a valid complaint:
>there are no female space marines
>>
>>47923633
Like the DDR was a democracy.
>>
>>47923718
>>some model kits that used to be mixed gender like dark elf warriors got "updated" to remove the female parts

kek
>>
>>47923659
ok, I'm reading the other replies and giving that link a look but literrally in the post you're replying to I called that argument you're using retarded. Literally the exact same thing quoted and all called out as stupid and you reply with the exact same thing.

You're an idiot anon, an idiot and a tremendous dipshit too

>>47923671
This is a seperate study? do you've a link?
>>
>>47923667
>Nationalists first, socialist leanings and tendencies second

Right, they were socialists.

Leftism by nature of demanding group cooperation lends itself to big government.
Rightism by nature of being more individualistic
lends itself to anarchism.

The Imperium is left as fuck, like the Nazis, like the Soviets.

>>47923713
>Only in name.

In policy as well. The nazis nationalised key industries, had collectives like the Hitler Youth.

>they dont care for anything that is connected to left Ideology.

They're the Left in action rather than the left as a fairy tale. Too describe them as right is totally wrong. If the Imperium was right then it would be run by mega corporations or simply not exist.
>>
>>47923667
What "socialist policies"?
This argument is so full of shit.
You know how fat fucks call themselves "beautiful"? That's about as true as NSDAP calling themselves "socialist".
The only party that voted against special privileges for Hitler were actual socialists. And if socialist prime minister of Prussia were not removed from the office by the king, Hitler wouldn't win the elections.
>>
>>47922495
That would require the Sisters of Battle getting updated. Or acknowledged.
>>
>>47923762
>literrally in the post you're replying to I called that argument you're using retarded
Not an argument.
>>
>>47923698
I'm not even claiming it's some sort of conspiracy, I'm just saying that cultural biases are far more likely to be the cause of that than "men are just better"
>>
>>47923097
you thinking of the drow my friend
>>
>>47923765
>Rightism by nature of being more individualistic

This is why the US needs to use the same definitions of left and right wing as the rest of the world.
For everyone else, right wing is associated with conservatism, nationalism, monarchism, traditionalism and fascism. AKA the complete opposite of anarchism.
>>
>>47923170
This.
>>
wait, we're on "nazis were socialist" now?

so, how about that gun control?
>>
File: image.png (159 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159 KB, 640x1136
>>47923769
https://mises.org/library/why-nazism-was-socialism-and-why-socialism-totalitarian
Have an Austrian economics article.
>>
>>47923529
You're conflating a two axix chart into a monopole.

Left and Right wing ideologies can both be authoritarian or libertarian.

It's like the law/chaos axis versus the good/evil axis.
>>
>>47922702

>Vaporwave feminism
>>
>>47923537
That is some fun logic friend. The other anon may as well be talking to a wall.
>>
>>47923827
>Austrian economy school
>worth anything

>using inflation to pay for your war effort
>socialism
Literal kek
Everyone has been doing that, maybe except for Brits who could just leech out of their colonies.
>>
>>47923765
>anarchism is right wing
Reminds me of that American anarchist guy who came to Greece and got beat up by an anarchist commune.
>>
>>47923823
I'd rather we go full-bore into the economics of the 1930s. Threads gone way off course are always the best threads.
>>
>>47923765
I can agree with the fact that the Imperium is the worst of both. But I still disagree on the left and right definition, but that is beyond this borad.
>>
>>47923823
To paraphrase Bakunin: in the matter of dakka, I defer to the Orks.
>>
>>47923814
Right wing is just portrayed as the bad guys because left wingers control the media.
So of course the Nazi are right wing, because they killed people and as such were evil and as such were right wing.

Left wing is collectivism.
Right wing is individualism.
This axis crosses another one, which is Authoritarianism and Anarchism.

You could be a right wing authoratist or a left wing anarchist.
These ideologies really gravitate to left wing authoritarianism - because you need a big powerful government to ensure that everyone is actually being collectivists - and right wing anarchism - because you don't want government messing in your affairs.

>>47923831
>You're conflating a two axix chart into a monopole.

I'm not, I just recognise that left goes better with authoritarianism and right with anarchism, not that it's impossible to do something else.
>>
>>47923814
What?! this whole debate, only because the US have a alternate definition?
>>
I like the old Rogue Trader spirit that says, put whatever you want on the table, make up rules for it, think up some fluff, and let's play. Lore is explicitly intended to be open ended, flexible, and rewritten at the players' whim. So it's not that I care about female space marines. I care that if someone wants them, they get the same acceptance as my dinosaur riding Orks and deodorant-bottle hovertank.
>>
>>47922412

I have a problem with it. Couple of reasons...

1. You can write a story about space marine being mained, tortured both mentally and physically and the horribly killed by Chaos. You can't write that happening to a female without someone shouting "chauvinistic pig". God forbid you do something that touches this special female snowflake.

2. Space Marines are instruments of death. There are not a subject matter for writing about female periods, their femine nature, or having to prove themselves in male dominant field of work. And this shit would be only types of stories you would see when it comes about female space marines. Also when it comes to male space marines you don't see stories about having problems because they have different skin color because normal male brain doesn't put that kind of shit into the stories because it isn't the goal of the story. Black, white, asian, purple. Doesn't matter. Male space marines are about band of brothers serving the best they can in emperor's name killing enemies and traitors of mankind.
>>
>>47923814
Or maybe we should stop trying to flatten the entire political landscape into a 1 dimensional line.
>>
>>47923883
>So of course the Nazi are right wing, because they killed people and as such were evil and as such were right wing.
But the Communists were almost as bad and they're almost universally recognised as left wing.

>>47923895
Yes, US right wing is more to do with capitalism than conservatism per se, although there's a lot of overlap, especially with the religious right.
Consider that Libertarians are considered pretty firmly right wing.
>>
>>47923883
>left wingers control the media
That's what they told you on Fox News, right?

Also, USA and left wing at all, holy fuck, I'm getting aunerysm. Country where suggesting that healthcare might be free makes you a communist.
>>
>>47923571

Try this.

2012 Article and sourced to a good number of papers. Huff Po and all but its Christina Sommers and it's properly sourced.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christina-hoff-sommers/wage-gap_b_2073804.html
>>
File: baby.jpg (142 KB, 480x440) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
142 KB, 480x440
>>47922412
Women are incapable of social empathy. They are tribal and generally primitive from an emotional standpoint. Your typical woman personifies society as an extension of her own will - she lacks the emotional refinement to separate herself from what she views as a playground created specifically for her benefit. This is the reason women keep to themselves most of the time and why they respond to a lot of normal life issues with hysterics; their entire worldview is inspired by a belief that they are the center of social reality, and anyone or anything challenging that assertion is a threat.

It's also why women make poor comedians. They lack the self-awareness and self-deprecating tendencies that are essential to comedy, since self-awareness is a threat to the idea of a feminine space. Women literally cannot comprehend a space without women, it's why we have threads like this. And "Women's Basketball" or "Women's Football," or "Women's Corps" in certain militaries. Rather than accept the fact that biology prevents them from reaching the same athletic heights as males, your average woman will cry sexism and rally for a women-only version of a male-dominated sport or activity.

There is literally nothing wrong with something being male-only.
>>
>>47923945
>Country where suggesting that healthcare might be free makes you a communist.

Healthcare isn't free regardless of which country you live in.
>>
>>47923913

3. Why the fuck would emperor waste his time making females when he needed warriors? Before you spew shit like "modern military bla bla bla" just remember than women in military are rare, rarely are stationed in field work and even then they don't go into dangerous operations because they are a liability. They don't have the same capacity or strength as a male body. Some female soldiers, that aren't butthurt feminist, even state it as such. That they wouldn't won't to endanger their squadmates because they can't pull the same weight (both figuratively and literally when they can't drag a wounded squadmate).

4 i'm not okay with diversity for diversity sake. If that is only reason and it doesn't contribute in any other way it shouldn't be there in the first place. Sisters of Battle have an explanation for existence.
>>
>>47923718
Of course not. They keep their helmets on, so the same model works for both genders.
>>
>>47923964
It's free for the poor. You know, the rich guys pay for them.
Also, that's why USA has public spending on par with Denmark, but then you need to pay double from your own pocket.
If healthcare isn't free, then in USA it's double-unfree
>>
>>47923928
>But the Communists were almost as bad

They were worse.
That's part of it, they killed more the the Nazis ever could, but their bad guy status is frankly underplayed because their is always the inescapable link to communism there. Meanwhile I know plenty people who don't even know that Nazi is short for national socialist.

>>47923945
>That's what they told you on Fox News, right?

I don't watch American television.
Denying that the left wing runs the media is like denying the jews run Hollywood.
>>
>>47923991
>It's free for the poor. You know, the rich guys pay for them.

No it isn't and no they don't.
>>
>>47923678
Nigga you're sapient. That means you can move past biology.

Men scoring the higher and lower ends of the IQ spectrum are just because how men are driven to competition in society, or abandoned by society if they aren't competitive.

If a women falls behind, she gets extra support. If a man falls behind, he gets a kick in the ass.

The flip side is that women are seen as less competent because there's the suspicion that she's been given advantages and isn't intrinsically as capable, and that a man who has succeeded is assumed to have overcome competition from other men to do so.

Regardless, hyper intelligent people to a significant degree are so astonishingly rare that it's pointless to try and classify them according to gender and use them to generalize about male or female intelligence.

Your statistics are bad, and your understanding of either biology or psychology or how to quantify intelligence is even worse.
>>
>>47923945
Again, different definitions.
Hollywood and the media are both overwhelmingly democrat-voting, let's say.
Fox News seems like the only real mainstream exception.
>>
>>47924011
>Nigga you're sapient. That means you can move past biology.

The height of hubris.
>>
>>47924008
I've had countless americans tell me that if you're poor you can just refuse to pay the medical bills
>>
>>47924008
Not in the USA, sure. But you could go to an actually civilized country like Norway or Finland and try there.

>>47924015
Don't forget everything else that belongs to Murdoch. So almost everything.
>>
>>47924052
Only if you have no assets whatsoever. They can't force you to work for them, so if you make below your state's minimum for garnishment and don't have any property which isn't protected they can't do jack shit besides call you and ask for money. If you're not that bad off, though, not paying your medical bills will put you there.
>>
>>47924008 >>47924052
Was homeless not so long ago and the hospital just waved my bill. In the US. It happens. Usually a charity fund or something.
>>
>>47924041
Or evidenced by the general decrease in sexual dimorphism in humans as we select for increasingly social attributes and fewer physical ones?

Use a lever you fucking neanderthal.
>>
File: 1460955228669.jpg (39 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1460955228669.jpg
39 KB, 500x363
If men are more likely to be either really dumb o really smart, while women tend to stay in the middle, doesn't that make women more reliably intelligent when provided a good education? Wouldn't they then be the backbone that makes up for all the super dumb men and supports the super smart men?
>>
>>47924090
You're still not more than your biology.
Your biology is what allows you to use a lever, it's what gives you the drive to use that lever.
Act indignant and ignorant all you like, but you're not post human, you're still just a collection of cells doing its best with what is has avaliable.
>>
>>47924113
No, men average higher.
>>
>>47922501
>>47922590
>>47922603
>>47922663

My Little Edgelord: Fear Of Feminism
>>
>>47924113
I'm not saying that's true but that's under the assumption that the average intelligence is high enough to make a difference in such things, which most evidence points to it not being so.
>>
>>47922412
It's literally just 'muh lore' and anyone who gets autistic over warhammer """Lore""" needs to get a grip. The whole point of hobby kits is that you can bash whatever you want together to make something cool, and chicks in power armour can be pretty cool (and qt)
>>
>>47924113
Not to mention that studies show groups of average people who are good at cooperation are better that groups of individualistic geniuses.

>>47924134
And that might have something to do with parents considering their daughters to be dumber than their sons, though its entirety untrue at that age.
>>
>>47924145
Which is why they already exist
>>
>>47924150
>might

Or it might be that men are smarter on average.
>>
>>47924156
Call back when SoBs ever get attention again. They may as well be discontinued.
>>
>>47922635
Because there is no physical equality between men and women.

That said, the Imperium is an equal opportunity discriminator. IG, Inquisition, and Mechanicus are are pretty gender neutral with only Space Marines and Sisters being the only gender exclusive armies.
>>
File: dead soldier girl.jpg (355 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
dead soldier girl.jpg
355 KB, 600x480
>>47924145
ikr i love throwing muh qt soldier girls into waves of autocannon fire
>>
I prefer having sisters instead of female sm, it would seem almost token to have female sm at this point were as I like the sisters because they're more interesting than just "female versions of space Marines"
Being unique is better than having arbitrary "equality"
>>
>>47924164

Funny thing. When they were first designing the IQ test, they had a problem: women kept scoring higher than men. So they redesigned the test until those "erroneous results" stopped showing up.
>>
>>47924182
By the time you pump someone full of that many science-fantasy chemical enhancements, it doesn't matter all that much where you started. A Callidus assassin is more than a match for a marine.
>>
>>47923429
>Or perhaps woman are able to make their own choices and tend to chose useless degrees like Gender Studies and Philosophy
Can sort of confirm, though only in an anecdotal fashion. I teach at the tertiary level (history & religion), and my classes tend to be overwhelmingly dominated by women. Generally they're in Arts and/or majoring in one of four things:

1) Philosophy/History
2) Education (primary school; very rarely secondary)
3) Journalism/Psychology

A couple of years ago it would have been Gender Studies instead of Journalism or Psychology there (and Journalism currently has a lot of crossover with EngLit and Drama), but it's changed a fair bit recently.

Also, holy fuck, the number of women in my entry-level history courses is retarded. I'm talking, like, out of 400 people, 300+ are women. Comparatively, in Engineering and the Science subjects, it usually goes the other way.
>>
>>47924170
As opposed to FemMarines that never existed at all.
>>
>>47924212
Funny thing. Throughout human history men have been at the forefront. I guess that that was just for no reason at all because we're all equal.
>>
>>47924219
Callidus aren't that formidable after they lose the element of surprise. They're better than humans, but only COCAIN assassins and The Thing can generally win a stand-up fight against an Astartes.
>>
>>47924212
Have you got a link? Because that seems like a titanic oversight for something that's used scientifically.
>>
File: women in combat.jpg (641 KB, 677x2422) Image search: [Google]
women in combat.jpg
641 KB, 677x2422
>>47923976
>Some female soldiers, that aren't butthurt feminist, even state it as such. That they wouldn't won't to endanger their squadmates because they can't pull the same weight (both figuratively and literally when they can't drag a wounded squadmate).

This article, I assume you mean.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1241x1690) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1241x1690
There was a time when this was acceptable enough to be published. And before you tell me it's fan content, GW policy explicitly puts fan-made canon on the same level as their own.
>>
>>47923254
> [from overwhelmingly male judges]
>powerful men consistently favoring less powerful women over less powerful men isn't sexism
>>
>>47922987
Did the female gladiators suck as bad as female fighters today do?
>>
>>47924164
Check this meta-analysis
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3057475
>>
>>47924266
>There was a time when this was acceptable enough to be published.

In a magazine not affiliated with GW.

>GW policy explicitly puts fan-made canon on the same level as their own.

No they don't.
>>
>>47924241
Admittedly I'm a few editions behind, but an assassin stat line used to beat any marine below command level, and their dodge was better than power armor.
>>
>>47924288
>>47924164
Or, tl;dr: you're full of shit.
>>
>>47924069
Im Norwegian and you are wrong. Healthcare is paid for by taxes. Guess who pays those? Its not the "Ive got accounts in the cayman islands" demographic.
>>
>>47924303
They've been pretty squishy since at least late 5th edition.
>>
>>47924299
In the sense that it's all a bunch of half-true propaganda, and you can and should believe whatever you like better if there's a conflict.
>>
>>47924304
Yeah, okay. Since women are so smart I guess we can end feminism and affirmative actions.
>>
We could have female space marines, but they'd have to fight in the female 40k leagues against female tau, nids, orks, crons, demons and csm.

Otherwise, they wouldnt be able to compete, and either way no one will watch.
>>
>>47924357
>In the sense that

No, not in any sense.
GW is very protective of its ip in fact.
Fanshit will never ever be on the same level as anything official.
>>
>>47923247
I think being invisible would be a bit too silly. How would they even sell minis?
>>
>>47924366
Generally, it's a good idea to actually have your conclusion follow some sort of logical progression.
>>
>>47924391
Transparent plastic, of course. The real problem is that you couldn't sell paint for them.
>>
>>47924288
If one were to look at the bell graphs of both male/female IQs, you'd see that the female average is slightly higher, but there are far more males with exceptionally high IQs than females.
>>
With all the changes via hormones, implants, conditioning, societal role etc. the original sex shouldn't even matter. The -4 STR gets wiped away in the same process that lets regular marines grow to 7 foot giants and stop caring about poon. It's not like regular marines are still "men". Their gender is "warrior".
>>
>>47924394
Well women are equal or better to men, so we can let them just get on with it. Men interfering will just get in their way.
>>
File: 846161546124.jpg (58 KB, 300x257) Image search: [Google]
846161546124.jpg
58 KB, 300x257
Why did almost EVERY fucking board get into this argument of gender politics it was never this bad. I dont know who to blame /v/,gamergate,/pol/,/SJWs.

Everyone is a boogeyman trust no one
>>
>>47924424
So what is the point of female marines then?
>>
File: Imperial Guard frontline.png (7 MB, 3068x1176) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Guard frontline.png
7 MB, 3068x1176
Because it's a BROTHERhood of Battle BROTHERS.
Not a ;Hood-Of-Multiply-Gendered-Persons; made of of Battle Siblings.

How are females supposed to pass the initiation tests when only a tiny fraction of males can?

Why do you want to arbitrarily shoehorn women into it? Do you wanna read about Sergeant Lidane getting her guts pulled out foot-by-foot by an enormous daemon before having her limbs ripped off leaving only a disembowelled girl-nugget roaring in agony as a chaos space marine stomps on her head again and again until its squashed into a bloody mush?
There's a reason why FFG loves gushing about strong guardswomen who don't need no man, yet when it comes to their art you can only find guardswomen standing around doing nothing. When it comes to the big battlescapes involving loads of guardsmen dying horribly all their beloved guardswomen are mysteriously absent.
>>
>>47924442
To ruin the boy's club out of spite.
>>
>>47924405
Also considered in the article.
"The overall weighted variance ratio, averaged over all studies, was VR = 1.07, indicating a slightly larger variance for males than for females. The residual variance component was .073."
The difference is really small.
>>
>>47924424
>Their gender is "warrior".

No, it's male. Get your SJW shit the fuck out.
>>
>>47924442
They're humans that can be used. Think of it like this - right now, in the fluff, roughly 50% of the human stock isn't utilized in the recruitment process.
>>
File: 494618549846491.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
494618549846491.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>47924424
>>47924468

Holy shit my sides
>>
>>47924441
>Why did almost EVERY fucking board get into this argument of gender politics

Cultural Marxism seeking to devour us all.
>>
>>47924011
>Men scoring the higher and lower ends of the IQ spectrum are just because how men are driven to competition in society, or abandoned by society if they aren't competitive.
Men are biologically more suited and inclined to take risks. Both physically, psychologically and in terms of genetic expression.
This is because men are much less vital to the reproductive process, so the risk/reward odds are much better.

>Regardless, hyper intelligent people to a significant degree are so astonishingly rare that it's pointless to try and classify them according to gender and use them to generalize about male or female intelligence.
It's mostly pointless regarding the population in general, yes. It is certainly not pointless if we're trying to work out why, for instance, nobel laureates (especially for economics, chemistry and physics) are overwhelmingly male. The difference is magnified the closer you get to the very end of that graph.

>Nigga you're sapient. That means you can move past biology.
Your biology is solely responsible for you typing this. Biology is all you are. Any semblance of rationality we have evolved is purely in service to the propagation of our genes. I don't want to think it be like this but it do.
>>
>>47924469
And of the compatible stock, only the most physically capable 0.01% are accepted anyway.

NO females would be in that elite-of-the-elite.
>>
>>47924469
>50%
More like 99.9%, because they only take the best. Oh, and what do you know, no women manage to make the cut.
>>
>>47924439
Affirmative action doesn't correct for deficiencies of ability, except in the case of reasonable accommodations for the disabled. It corrects for deficiencies in treatment of equally qualified individuals. Inequality in ability would be a better argument against affirmative action - if one group really is inferior in ability rather than simply treated as inferior, then it makes no sense to try and compensate.
>>
>>47924469
No, I mean why do WE, the players and fans, need that shit? The only "argument" I've seen is that one guy saying female space marines are cool and cute, and now you're saying they'll all be deformed monstrosities full of testosterone anyway
>>
>>47924469
>right now, in the fluff, roughly 50% of the human stock isn't utilized in the recruitment process
And there's a reason. Females probably arent up to snuff in general due to a slew of reasons.
>>
>>47924468
Marines having dicks is completely meaningless for anything and everything they do. They're all post-op trannies anyway, in a sense.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.