[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 191x264) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 191x264
I tryed my best at building a black-blue mill/counter deck. how is it

Jace, Unraveler of Secrets
Oona, Queen of the fae
Swamp x 13
Island x14
Jace's Scrutiny
Liliana's Indignation
Air Servant
Vampire Noble
Submerged Boneyard x2
Tar Snare
Sweep away
Macabre Waltz
Pices of the puzzle
Hedron Crawler
Explosive Apparatus
Nightmare
Niblis of Dusk
Farbog Revenant
Furtive Homunuculus
Drownyard Explorers
Shinx of Magosi
Mind Rot
Unknown Shores x4
Anticipate
Stitched Mangler
Chitinous Cloak
Sengir Vampire
Disperse
Grasp of Darkness
Ever After
Dead Weight
Dispel x2
Shamble Back
Negate
Stride Harness
Pore over the pages
Demons Grasp

I know its not mainly Mill and counter cards but i didnt have a lot. Do yu guys have any suggested cards for this deck. Cards dont have to be from Shadows Over Innristrad unless it would help.
>>
My recommendation to you is

Identify the 8-10 best cards & try to get 4 copies of each of those cards this will make your deck more consistent.

You'll want to "curve out" your spells mana costs, which basically means make sure you have the majority of the cards you cast around 3CMC, with enough 1-2 CMC spells to let you do things in the first few turns. But you'll want some 5-6 CMC cards that are tough for your opponent to deal with.

For lands try to get a hold of lands that tap for multiple colors, I assume you'll be on a budget so the common duals from Khan's will work, try to get like 10-12 non basic, the rest basic then add/remove lands if you notice any flooding/starving or not enough of one color

Lastly make sure the deck has a plan that wins you the game, then make sure every card in the deck either advances that plan, or stops you opponent from advancing his.

Good luck
>>
Thx m8
>>
>>47916901
first thing when building a deck is identifying a gameplan. you have one, it's not the greatest, but black/blue mill can work. black/blue control is quite a bit more common, and seems to be what your list actually is.

second thing, the list. when I look at that list, I see way too many cards that don't help your intended gameplan. a lot of flying beaters and not much mill, not many counters, and a lot of one-ofs.

one-ofs are bad because they make your deck inconsistent. you should identify the cards that help you win the game the most and try to get four of each of them, usually. if you have four of them then you'll draw one or two almost every game. your best removal and defensive cards, for example. then the cards that are good, but you only want to draw one of each game, like Oona. two- and one-ofs you should probably stay away from for now.

as far as cards...there are a lot of ways to go about milling someone. do you want to do it with a combo or not? that's the first thing you need to decide. for you, probably not, so you should look into the cards that mill the most efficiently per card. Glimpse the Unthinkable, for example, though that's a ten-dollar card.
>>
File: 1465825180694.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1465825180694.png
17 KB, 882x758
Good your newfagging is showing so much it hurts
>>
>>47917193
I just Checked TCG player and Glimpse the Unthinkable is like a $25 card. still good and i plan on getting it
>>
>>47917296
yeah srry bout that this is like my 2nd post on this site. im starting to come here more often
>>
>>47917313
my advice is dont spend $100 on a playset right now given that it seems like you're pretty new to MTG
>>
>>47918978
ive been playing bout 2 years
>>
>>47919550
Anon, are you literally a child? You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded. You're building some weird pseudo-singleton deck and you say you've played for two years? Anon, I'm disappointed in many unique and interesting ways.
>>
>>47916901

Go back to bed, Dakota.
>>
>>47919611
I completly suck at it. i won a few matches against my friends. i beat one of the 4 powerful out of my friends but i do suck ass.
>>
>>47919677
My name aint Dakota
>>
Go find a format and net-deck something.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.