[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had never never been on prerelease event - is EMN a good one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: dLsz5pWAdO.png (363 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
dLsz5pWAdO.png
363 KB, 750x450
I had never never been on prerelease event - is EMN a good one for start? I mean, previous prereleases had some nice shit like Tamiyo's Journal deck box, Dragon-related packs instead of one booster, or promopacks based on mana color etc.
Is EMN kit going to be like 6 boosters + double faced token and that's all?
>>
Prerelease events are MEGA worth it.

Go to one and you'll have a ball.
>>
>>47907321
If you wanted fancy special stuff, you've unfortunately missed it - people complained about it to the point that they're not doing any of it any more, so yeah it's just packs and the token and die
>>
>>47907321
I believe you also get a special foil/rare or foil mythic rare.
>>
>>47908363
>people complained about it
The fuck is there to complain about? Are you talking about the special objectives and shit, or the slip of paper telling you what guild you belong to, or what?
>>
>>47908529
He means the useless oversized card they came with
>>
>>47908529
Seeded packs made it very easy to just pick the best guild/color/bomb rare and build around it, leading to a lot of homogeny among decks.
>>
>>47908563
>>47908572
The OP was talking about things like seeded packs, so I was confirming that no, they don't do seeded packs or faction boosters or anything like that right now.. Or rather, was attempting to.
>>
>>47908363
I'm just happy they figured out how to do the packaging right so you get a decent deck box to carry the cards around from round to round.

Dragons of Tarkir Dice were awesome though. Grabbed every one I could from people that didn't want them. Sucks they didn't continue doing unique dice for other sets & went back to plain old mono colored dice.
>>
>>47908529
If you just showed up early enough, you could pick your pre-release promo. We're talking shit like foil monestary mentor ready for pick-up.

Also, clans being unbalanced meant certain decks dominating the tournament and lots of people not getting the clan pack the wanted.
>>
>>47907321
You should be getting one random time stamped foil rare/mythic with all of those, but it won't be playable due to the complaints that many posters have mentioned above.
I wish they made the DTK special dice again. Those are some pretty dices.
>>
>>47909266
>it won't be playable
But they literally just said that those issues were addressed by removing the seeded packs
>>
>>47909318
>>47909266
Like with the last three sets, you get six packs and one random rare/mythich with time stamp and from those cards you make your deck. There is just no guarantee that your promo will be playable, or even good. It can be any rare/mythic, even garbage like hedron alignment or ally encampment.

The seeded packs ensured that you would get a rare and osme uncommons in the play style you wanted, but that was removed because of reasons explained above.

Still, you'll probably have at least one playable rare thanks to double sided cards. This isn't BFZ where I managed to get 5 rare lands I couldn't run because lol colourless in a deck that's straining to get to 23 in three colours.

Also, once we have full spoilers there will be sealed simulators in stuff like xmage or tappedout.net
>>
>>47907321
You don't go to pre-releases for value. You go to pre-releases to play a new Magic set coming straight from the printer.
>>
>>47909130
Where was this?
>>
>>47910205
I assume at inside his ass
>>
>>47910205
Probably throughout the entire khans block.

My store used to be quite relaxed on pre-releases around then due to small size. At the Fate Reforged pre-release I arrived quite early, and the five guys around helped the organizer set everything up.

By the time we were done, around 10 people had arrived, and we got our kits. When we opened our packs we noticed that the three kits with the khans as promo were the one top in the box, the ones below contained the mythic creatures as promo, the third had sieges.

It's a small sample size, but at the next tournament we still had the organizers hand out the kits because we didn't want people stress out to get the chase cards.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.