[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this sort of appropriation have historical precedent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: dd.jpg (48 KB, 887x730) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
48 KB, 887x730
Does this sort of appropriation have historical precedent?
>>
>>47896947
This thread again?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>47896991

And what would that be?
>>
Is this one of those threads when we complain about normies?
>>
>>47896947
Why the fuck is it a d12
That bothers me more than anything else
>>
>>47897098
To be niche while being niche, he's effectively double hipster.
>>
>>47896947
Yes, many people throughout history die for a cause they believe in.
>>
>>47896947
>I d12 D&D

I don't get it.
>>
>>47896947
>Does this sort of appropriation have historical precedent?
>>
File: p1209_Petal_Pentagon.jpg (180 KB, 759x740) Image search: [Google]
p1209_Petal_Pentagon.jpg
180 KB, 759x740
>>47897098
>>47897131
It's because the pentagon looks a bit like a heart. Jesus, people, work with me here.
>>
>>47897015

I guess it is. Only a matter of time before we start bitching about Wheaton, Day, and Zimbabwe. With a couple jabs at SJWs.

That said, even if I saw some professional grognard who's played D&D for over decade wearing this shirt I'd still think he's a fag. But that's because it's just a dopey shirt no matter who wears it.
>>
>>47897555
>it's just a dopey shirt no matter who wears it

What if the shirt was tattered and worn by a mutant living in a small cave on the edges of a post-apocalyptic wasteland?
>>
>>47897098
If it was I'd [d4] D&D, it'd almost work. Even if no one calls them "Die 4", etc.
>>
>>47897659

I don't know why that came to your mind so quickly but I guess that works.

>normie Gollum
>>
>>47896947
I don't get it.

I d12 D&D?
>>
>>47897727
He's a barbarian.
>>
>>47897759
That is literally the most faggoty barbarian I've ever seen.

A Conan-esque type fucking a dude in the ass while getting fucked in the ass would be less faggoty.
>>
>>47897792
BLOOD AND THUNDER
>>
>>47897759

>Poofy-haired manlet
>barbarian
>>
>>47897792
SHOW ME YOUR HONOR.
>>
>>47896947
>t-shirts with words on them
Disgusting.
If you don't have an interesting design you want to feature on your shirt, you might as well have your torso naked instead.
Not these cookie-cutter "smart and cool" shirts with cringy jokes and statements.
>>
>>47897956
>t. wolf shirt
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 820x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 820x390
>>47897462
I'm personally seeing more shape similarity in d8. But even that is vague.
>>
>>47897659
>That said, even if I saw some professional grognard who's played D&D for over decade wearing this shirt I'd still think he's a fag.
>>
>>47896947
Gangsta rap. Suburban fags who never were in the pen acting like tough OGs.
>>
File: shirtreality.jpg (112 KB, 617x809) Image search: [Google]
shirtreality.jpg
112 KB, 617x809
>>47897956
you need to get on whole another level or irony there
>>
>>47897981
Nah, not really. I usually wear solid-color t-shirts, or t-shirts with geometric designs on them.

What, you think images also get a free-pass on "cookie-cutter designs"? Fuck you, Che Gevara tees aren't cool.

>>47898031
It's shit.
SHIIIIIIIIIIT.
>>
>>47897986

The thing is the "I [heart] X" is a pretty well-established design and most people will get the joke even if the verb icon isn't even remotely heart shaped.

I went to college at a school [in]famous for student bike traffic. You could buy t shirts which said "I [bicycle icon] Davis" a the student store.
>>
>>47898046
>Che Gevara tees aren't cool.
C'mon, present day more than any other era needs a reminder that not all terrorist are Muslim.
>>
>>47898093
>equating revolutioners with terrorists
Granted, they're pretty much the same on the "evil" scale, but those are still two different things.
>>
>>47898117

I don't think he's claiming a blanket equivalency. I think he's just specifically calling Che Guevara a terrorist.
>>
>>47898093
Great idea; Ted Kaczynski, Timothy Mcveigh, and Shoko Asahara are all partying together.

Asahara is tapping the keg, Kaczynski is holding up the beer bong, and Mcveigh is chuggin.
>>
File: Viva.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Viva.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
>>47898144
>Kaczynski
>Mcveigh
>Asahara

Never work. All those sociopaths were relevant in an age before Grievance Studies grads tried wringing profit from any extreme, so nobody would recognise a single one of them today. Go with Trayvon, Saint Mike and Freddie Gray playing sizzurpong and your I <3 Skittles campaign will make you a Fortune 500 label in no time.
>>
>>47896947
Nobody likes whining about appropriation even when it's relevant, you think we give a shit how your entitled neckbeard ass feels?
>>
File: Lynch+By+Inch+Suicide+Note.jpg (81 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Lynch+By+Inch+Suicide+Note.jpg
81 KB, 350x350
>>47898013
You're not wrong. I don't "cringe", but I cringe whenever I see people spelling words with double c's.

You know who I'm talking about, thiccposters.
>>
>>47900523
Only thing Kaczynski did wrong was not casing the place to find out where they were keeping the daycare.

Cowardly fucking thing to do, anyway, keeping your kids within bomb's reach so you can use them as a shield.
>>
>>47900523
>so nobody would recognise a single one of them today
That was literally what I was going for.

They're all terrorists, they all did fucking work, and aren't pop culture icons at this point.

It's a mockery on several levels.
>>
>>47900621
>Kaczynski
*McVeigh

Whatever. They're all pretty much the same person, anyway.
>>
>>47898046
The few Graphic Tees I own are all Video Game References but disguised as other things. Like a shirt that says I'm part of the Black Mesa Research Facility staff.
>>
>>47898060
But you probably can bicycle [around] Davis.
>>
>>47898060
Or it could be I [bike to] Davis, seeing a large amount of the students probably commute by bike. Doesn't need to be I [heart] anything.
>>
>>47898046
>wearing t-shirts
>>
>>47896947
There's appropriation here?
>>
>>47897871
VICTORY AT SEA
>>
>>47903637
About fucking time.
>>
>>47903554

If you're commuting to UC Davis you're doing it by car. It's in the middle of fucking nowhere.

The cyclists are mostly on campus.
>>
>>47896947
Just like people on /sci/ complaining about normies without realising that normies attention provides them a fuckton of money.

The fact that there are a lot of people like the one in the pic is only a good thing. Nobody forces you to talk to him, but their existence expand the market and allows nique games to be sustainable. It's literally a win win for everyone
>>
>>47900523
>Grievance Studies
?
Google just gives me a bunch of right-wing sites shitting on liberal arts majors.
>>
>>47905391
It's a term used by right-wing sites to shit on liberal arts majors, covering things like Women's Studies, African-American Studies, and anything else that's specifically about looking at non-whites or non-men.

Because God forbid an academic specialize into a certain area.
>>
>>47897659
>mutant approaches the mouth of the cave
>sees the sun, hisses and retreats
>from within you can hear the "clickety clack" of him angrily shitposting /tg/
>>
>>47907967
>muh centuries of systematic oppression
Meanwhile, as a white man I'm being legitimately oppressed because I face societal repercussions for saying nigger in public.
>>
>>47907967
Or, you know, it's because most of those things are simply studying groups of people who have grievances with whites and/or men.

And I don't mean to sound sexist, but seriously what actual purpose does a Women's Studies course have? What skill do you learn in that course to bring to the real world? How to not treat women like objects is something most people learn from common sense and observation.

I suppose an argument could be made that African-American Studies and things of that sort are about learning the culture, but wouldn't that be better served by a history course?
>>
>>47908219
>And I don't mean to sound sexist, but seriously what actual purpose does a Women's Studies course have? What skill do you learn in that course to bring to the real world?
You should try researching what they actually teach instead of relying on the Internet cribnotes version
>>
>>47908310
>academic courses in sociology, history, literature, and psychology that focus on the roles, experiences, and achievements of women in society.

What does the above bring to society. The point isn't (or at least shouldn't be) who made the invention/discovery/achievement but rather that it was made and how it was made. Sometimes this does involve studying the thing's creator, as is the case with most works of art, but most of the time the who is profoundly less important than the what.

Taking all the achievements that were made by a group of people and studying those achievements because of the group is superfluous and at times simply mastabatory. Regardless of the group involved.

If the creation is profound/impressive enough history will remember the creator regardless of race, gender, or creed.
>Emily Dickinson
>George Washington Carver
>Hayao Miyazaki
>Chinua Achebe
>Margaret Hamilton
>>
>>47908199
>legitimately oppressed because I face societal repercussions for saying nigger in public
Being called a cunt when you're being a cunt doesn't make you oppressed. That goes for you too, white man.
>>
It's from fucking Redbubble. All they do is sell dumb pandering shit that people post on there. You can easily find far worse on there without trying.
>>
>>47897555
Judging about Wheaton and Day is pretty damn justified though.

>>47908748
You missed the obvious joke so thoroughly I'm actually impressed.
>>
>>47908864
Bitching about*
How did that become judging?

I may be going senile.
>>
>>47908748
I think he's being facetious, friend.
>>
>>47908515

Dude, you ought to reread what this guy said and actually give it a try before you reply again:

>>47908310
>You should try researching what they actually teach instead of relying on the Internet cribnotes version
>>
I don't dislike Wheaton on principle, but his stuff feels very artificial. I am constantly reminded he is an actor trying to show what fun looks like, because people actually having fun playing a game don't look or act like that. But that's ok. Normies might not know that these games are fun at all, and that who he is trying to appeal to.

In my experience "fake gamers" don't exist, at least not in the form we think of it. Most of /tg/ doesn't actually play the games they complain about. Are we "fake gamers?"

What bothers me more is that they are drawing a line between "acceptable nerd" (D&D5E, PFS, MtG, board games) and "shameful neckbeard" (wargaming, etc) when really the latter category should be exclusively for FATAL players.

Inclusivity is a topic nobody can agree on. My opinion is an effort should be made to make sure new players have a good experience so that they are more likely to become regular players.
>>
>>47909157
>fake gamers

Yeah, I'm with you on that. It always sounded like hipster/punk rock snob "poseur" bullshit to me. Pretending that you're somehow more "authentic" or something than people who got into $THING_I_LIKE at a later date than you did is just wanking.
>>
>>47909157
>>47909316

You guys are both right.

When one of my non-gamer friends expresses interest in this shit, my instinct is to invite them along the next time I run a game.
>>
>>47909316
The issue isn't really that there are people who got into the hobby later, it's that these same people are now being looked to as the icons of the hobby.

Especially when they then use this position to talk shit from up high.
Like Wheaton or Felicia Day.

Any new person to the hobby is a boon though.
>>
>>47909632

I think these guys becoming the "face" of the hobby is only because they're filling a vacuum. There never really was a face for ttrpgs until now except maybe Gygax.

And he's been dead for nearly a decade
>>
>>47897462
Then it'd be using a d10.
>>
>>47897462
but it's not even oriented like that on the shirt
>>
>>47909632
Aren't Felicia Day and those people more associated with general nerd culture than tabletop games?
>>
>>47896947
>>47909316
>>47909157

We get it, you got really pissed off when you realized that people didn't shun you because of your hobbies, but because of your personality.
Now that people with more than 1 interest are getting into the one thing you use to define yourself you were hoping that you'd be hot shit, but you're still just shit.
>>
>>47898006

Under.

Rated.

Post.
>>
>>47910280
The thing is, tabletop games have no pop culture presence beyond 'the D&D episode'. It's a small community, with a lot of subdivisions based on genre, mechanics, and geography. The ancillary things that might expose people to the hobby, like shirts and podcasts, tend to be very limited in scope (I know plenty of actual plays that only get a couple hundred listeners, because they are people who like the game being played).

So it's very easy for people like Day, Wheaton, and anyone else to come along and scoop up the 'representative of tg' card by having a production company throw a few thousand dollars into a set and cranking out videos on Youtube. When the rest of the hobby is below the waves, they are the only thing visible.
>>
>>47910469
yeah but I legitimately don't see an issue with that. It's a social hobby. The more people that join the better.
>>
>>47910528
The issue is that our representatives are not very representative of us.
>>
>>47910535
but why do care? Like what makes it so important that the hobby is represented by neckbeards?
>>
>>47910568
Make makes it so important that anything is represented by something that is actually representative of it?
>>
>>47910588
The problem is that you think that the hobby needs to be represented by people who have like, D&D or whatever your game of choice is as their entire life system.

Pro tip: Socially awkward troglodytes don't make good representatives for anything.

Threads like this are just people bitching about filthy casuals like having nothing going on in your life except gaming is somehow something to be proud of.
>>
>>47910535

Wheaton, at least, has been a tabletop nerd since he was a little kid.
>>
>>47910664
Yeah but he doesn't count because he's successful and has a social life!

Threads like this remind me of black people who argue that you can't represent other black people unless your life is a trainwreck.

>Omg he finished school he's not REALLY black!
>>
File: pepe is sick of your shit.jpg (10 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
pepe is sick of your shit.jpg
10 KB, 250x241
>>47910645
>>47910697
>wwaaaaaaaaaaaah you're all ugly obese neckbeards with no social lives living in your parents basements crying about how you're being represented by successful people that you are jealous of!
All I want is to be represented by a nerd's nerd, I don't give a shit how successful he is.
>>
File: He knows what's up.gif (494 KB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
He knows what's up.gif
494 KB, 245x136
>>47910697

I never thought about it like that, but yeah, you've got a point.
>>
>>47898060

>inb4 "I [bone] my German Shepherd"
>>
>>47910645
>>47910697
Not the anon you replied to, but there's a difference between having a neckbeard with his /d/ waifu emblazoned on his dice bag and Wil Wheaton, the smarmiest motherfucker on the planet.

For example, the Penny Arcade guys. Go watch the PAX games (or better yet listen to the podcasts they did before then) and see the difference between Gabe and Tycho, and Wheaton. The PA guys (and Chris Perkins) have a good deal of showmanship, but they're more low-key with it. They know that people are there to watch them play a game.

With Wheaton, he seems to think that people are there to watch HIM play a game. The guy pulls focus like a kid who is daring other kids to dare him to eat a bug, just so people will look at him for 30 seconds more.
>>
>>47910732
wheaton is a massive nerd bro.
>>
>>47910732
Well what's a nerd's nerd then? And would he really be a good representative of anything?

Like, the whole debate suffers from a lack of perspective.

The reason so many nerds think real nerds are people who ONLY do /tg/ or vidyashit all day all life is because those people only hang out with each other and grow up believing that's what all nerds are like.

I played Kult with other guys from the Hockey Team.

>>47910758
But if that didn't work, he wouldn't be mentioned in this thread. Wheaton didn't get elected and we're sitting around being pissed because he cheated, he's only thought of as a representative for us because so many of you watch his shit, and honestly, ANYTHING popular will have a bunch of cranky contrarians saying how there are better options.

But you know what? The best option is to just spend more time playing and not bother with who our pop culture party face is. I fucking hate all the
>what do you think of this youtuber /tg/?
threads.
>>
>>47910804
>Well what's a nerd's nerd then? And would he really be a good representative of anything?
He's a renaissance man, for one. Fairly knowledgeable about history, science and culture. Can and does play multiple genres of games, has played and perhaps even mastered a lot of different systems.
>>
>>47910844
how about an actor and comedian who is well read in science?
>>
>>47910844
>He's a renaissance man, for one. Fairly knowledgeable about history, science and culture.

Yeah, that's totally representative of the legions of D&D, MTG and Warhammer fags that make up this board. We are all just oozing cultural knowledge.

Also, how does Wheaton not qualify for that? He plays all kinds of shit. Does he need to twirl a moustache and smoke a pipe and talk about the 100 year war in front of a fireplace?
>>
>>47910882
>comedian
I'd be hard pressed to call him that. And where's his culture and history background?
>>
>>47910804

This guy is right. Wheaton and his fans have no affect on how I enjoy the games. It's just something I do on the weekend with my buddies.

I don't give a shit who "represents" me and neither should any of you fags. This is not a political party. It's not a social movement or a fucking gender identity. It'd jus some fun games and getting booty bothered because our "public face" doesn't have enough nerd cred is pointless
>>
>>47910896
STAR TREK

he was part of culture and history.
>>
>>47910355
huh? I didn't say anything negative about wheaton in my post

do you struggle reading people's emotions?
>>
>>47910935
thank you
>>
>>47910896
So you were hoping for, what? Some kind of Oxford academic who played Warhammer and Chainmail since the 80s? I'm sure there's one out there but how would he gain any traction? Like, we're not voting for the most qualified here, youtube shittery is just a popularity contest.

The problem isn't who "won" the problem is that so many of you care about them.
>>
>>47910804
>he's only thought of as a representative for us because so many of you watch his shit

Honestly, going off of /tg/ and the other sites where I hear his work brought up, it's not 'us' who are watching him. It's the casual crowd, for a lack of a better term- the people who go to /got/ and act superior that the show passed the books, who buy the Cthulhu kitschy crap and plaster it on their cubicles, and who maybe played a game of Dungeon World because 'lol I'm so nerdy'.

I can't think of a way to describe them non-insultingly, but basically Wheaton doesn't appeal to 'traditional' traditional gamers- he appeals the the far larger and more lucrative market of 'people dipping a toe into traditionally nerdy subcultures'.

That's why representation is an issue- because he is not targeting /tg/, he's targeting tumblr, and all that they will learn of /tg/ goes through him, because he's the only face they associate with /tg/.
>>
>>47910937
You mean Star Trek where he earned the contempt of the general Trekkie populace?
>>
File: GTFO.gif (902 KB, 280x170) Image search: [Google]
GTFO.gif
902 KB, 280x170
>>47910937
>implying anyone liked Crusher
>>
>>47910963
>Some kind of Oxford academic who played Warhammer and Chainmail since the 80s?
Yes, that pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>47910968

I actually feel bad for him about that. He was basically hired to be Roddenberry's insufferable Gary Stu, and whenever the writers tried to fix things, Roddenberry would be like "NO! Wesley has to be the best at everything, now let's finish that scene where he lectures all the adults on how they're so wrong all the time and how his proposed TV show is a great idea, you stupid execs!"
>>
>>47910966

And why should we give a shit what tumblr thinks of us?
>>
>>47897425
Buffalo tucker can go wrap themselves in cozy blankets [/spoilers]
>>
>>47911009
And what has he done to redeem himself since then?
>>
>>47910986
How the fuck is he representative of anyone in the hobby who's less than 30 ?

Half this fucking board think that history looked like Lord of the Rings and make no distinction between how they approach Dota and how they approach D&D.

>>47910980
>>47910968
>He shouldn't be representative of us just because he's popular!
>His Star Trek Shit doesn't coun't because it wasn't popular!

>>47910966
>Fake nerd boogeymen

Okay, we get it man, they didn't earn their wings in the nerd trenches in the nerd wars, they didn't lose any legs at Jock ridge, fuck them man, they don't know what it's like!

When will you fuckers learn that "casuals" are the traditional, traditional gamers, and the people who were never into anything but gaming and hung out exclusively with other people who had nothing else going for them are the weirdos?
>>
>>47911047
>make no distinction between how they approach Dota and how they approach D&D.
I find role playing really helps me last hit and have better map awareness
>>
>>47911047
>How the fuck is he representative of anyone in the hobby who's less than 30 ?
How the fuck is Wil Wheaton? At least a nerdy Oxford academic can be viewed as a wise elder.
>>
>>47911012
You keep using this shit argument.

The whole point of representation is to accurately represent something. If it's inaccurate representation, then that's not good. If said inaccurate representation is aimed at literally everyone, and creates the popular image of what the hobby is like, people in that hobby ought to care how they are perceived.

I spent my years living through the Satanic Panic and having people lob basement dweller virgin comments at me, solely because non-representatives were the ones to define what roleplaying was like to the public. If I can make the image more accurate, I ought to do so, for the sake of the people coming after me if nothing else.

>>47911047
>>He shouldn't be representative of us just because he's popular!
>>His Star Trek Shit doesn't coun't because it wasn't popular!
Go to bed, Wil. Nobody has an issue with your popularity, we're not mocking you waving your tiny e-penis around. We're pointing out that being the worst part of a show many fa/tg/uys watched is not gaining you any credibility.
>>
>>47911047

Hey fuck you pal I fought in the Edition Wars. People died. There was nothing funny about it. Or about disparaging my hard earned nerd cred.
>>
File: ratty conf.jpg (62 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
ratty conf.jpg
62 KB, 428x410
Who is this Wheaton guy?
>>
>>47911082
>How the fuck is Wil Wheaton?

Because the only relevant metric is how much exposure and influence someone has.

We're not talking about electing the Nerd President of the world, we're just bitching about who's popular in nerd shit on youtube.

It's like music, your arguments about relative quality matters fuckall compared to who sells the most record.

Is the most popular "icon" representative of you? Maybe not. But do you know what that means? That you're not representative of the people on who's behalf your arguing.

I'm not either, which is why I don't really give a shit about who gets more twitch viewers or whatever, I just get rustled when people keep bringing up the same, stupid futile argument.
>>
>>47910966
so why do you give a shit if he's not trying to appeal to you.
>>
>>47911120

If you're so wrapped up in your nerd hobbies you're sincerely concerned about representation then you need to check your priorities.

At least with the current public perspective people are less likely to think you're a weirdo for liking dice and dragons.
>>
>>47911149
>Because the only relevant metric is how much exposure and influence someone has.
So why isn't Vin Diesel our representative?
>appeal to the unwashed normie masses
Ah, there it is.
>>
>>47911169
I'd rather be thought of as a weirdo.
>>
>>47911180
But that's just it, that's the only thing we're arguing about.

Who has the most youtube views.
If you don't care about the opinion of the "unwashed normie masses" then why the fuck do you care who's winning in subscriber numbers?
>>
WHO IS WIL WHEATON AND WHY DO YOU THINK HE REPRESENTS YOU
>>
>>47911205
Because millennial nerds are obsessed with internet celebrities and cranky that the wrong one gets more google hits.
>>
>>47898046
If you think that there's a particular category of design, especially on T-shirts, that defines coolness, you are a hipster moron. There are no cool types of T-shirt, only cool examples, typically because they're being worn by people who are cool for reasons more substantial than fashion.
>>
>>47910355
You're not wrong, but you're not universally correct.

Some people get mad that people don't like games as much as they do, and that's stupid.

Some people get mad that people who claim to like a hobby don't, but still try to exert influence on the hobby, and that's justified.

Both of these scenarios exist.
>>
>>47911143
Will Wheaton was a child actor who now produces and manages a youtube channel about traditional games. His channel is focused towards audiences that are newer to, or unfamiliar with, traditional games.
>>
>>47911201
So let me get this straight: you actually believe that popularity should determine representation and not accuracy? Let me guess, you're in HR and fucking pleased with yourself that people being hired these days on the basis of how many hours they've spent juggling cocks at social functions instead of how good they are at doing their fucking job.
>>
>>47903637
VICTORY AT C

By which I mean, a C is still a passing grade.
>>
>>47910568
People come to my gaming table with all the wrong expectations, like that I should have showered in the last week. Fuck that, I'm there for a game, not basic hygiene.
>>
>>47911240
>that people who claim to like a hobby don't

But Wheaton's been a tabletop nerd all his life.
>>
File: cultural appropriation.png (466 KB, 652x433) Image search: [Google]
cultural appropriation.png
466 KB, 652x433
>>47911281
I keked at his.

>>47911291
Can we fucking stop arguing about Wheaton. I don't even like the guy that much and I've been autistically defending him for like an hour now.

Lets just shit on big bang theory.
>>
File: lies.jpg (40 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
40 KB, 453x576
>>47911335
>I don't even like the guy that much and I've been autistically defending him for like an hour now.
>>
>>47911291
Has he? Or is he a liar pretending to like tabletop stuff so that he can have another ride on the gravy train?
>>
>>47911335
the first season of big bang theory was not nearly as bad, even though most of the jokes were either "hey look of those nerds" or "this guy has an h1b" or "lol dumb blond girl"

but the later seasons really are painful. I saw an edit of an episode that had the laugh track removed, and it makes the show very different.
>>
>>47911291
Sorry, my fault. I wasn't talking about wil wheaton, just trying to clarify that the argument about whether there are "fake" gamers is sometimes true, sometimes false. I should have been clearer.
>>
>>47911375

You're really attached to that idea, huh? Why not ask folks who've known him for years. The dude's always been a huge nerd, and it's not like he started Tabletop because he wanted to jump on the lucrative Youtube board game actual play market, because there wasn't one.

>>47911488

Fair enough. I think "fake gamer" is a distinction like "Poseur" among punk fans, though -- it's just hipster bullshit. Why do I care if someone's just "pretending" to enjoy tabletop, as long as they show up they're doing better than half the "Real Nerds" I invite anyway.
>>
>>47911473
To be fair, any show looks incredibly awkward with its laugh track removed.
>>
>>47911473
It's strange, but some of the parts of the show that actually amuse me are the ones that don't get the laugh track.
>bazingaman creates a logic chart for a social interaction
>gets himself caught in a loop
>short jewish man saves him by putting a loop counter and an escape condition into the logic
>"dohoho, that was mildly amusing"
>laugh doesn't come until insults are hurled
>>
>>47911557
only shows that need them I think

a lot of non-us comedies I've seen don't use laugh tracks. Sometimes they use other audio cues though
>>
>>47911557

Only if the show is built around the laugh track, anon.
>>
>>47911557

Oh yeah, without that laugh track to fill up the spaces, you'd end up with that awkward silence after every joke, huh?
>>
>>47911557
My favourite example of this is M*A*S*H.

The difference between how the show flowed in the OR (where the laugh track was banned by the showrunners) and outside of it was incredible. The best jokes were told when Hawkeye was wrist deep in some poor kid's stomach, just because of the timing.
>>
>>47911541
>Why not ask folks who've known him for years.
Yes, because that's so easy for me to do. Hey, maybe I can ask you. You seem to know him so well and so valiantly defend him, you must be his friend!
>>
>>47911592
>>47911594
>>47911598
Well, of course. Can't remove something that's not there to begin with, and can't stick the laugh track right over the dialogue, right? Or what, do you want the characters to laugh at their own jokes?
>>
>>47911581
this
>>
>>47897098
Fucking barbarians mang.
>>
>>47910966
>It's the casual crowd, for a lack of a better term- the people who go to /got/ and act superior that the show passed the books, who buy the Cthulhu kitschy crap and plaster it on their cubicles, and who maybe played a game of Dungeon World because 'lol I'm so nerdy'.

>muh Mythos

Made me laugh, thanks
>>
File: LeoOscar2.jpg (30 KB, 599x583) Image search: [Google]
LeoOscar2.jpg
30 KB, 599x583
If Wil Wheaton wanted to accurately represent /tg/, he wouldn't have any friends to invite over.
>>
>>47912460
That's exactly the sort of dumb old myth that grows when there is no accurate representation. Only in a specific cultural context could someone take a hobby that depends on getting together with 3-5 other people regularly and having hours-long conversations, and turn it into 'those people have no friends.'
>>
>>47912520
I'm talking about /tg/ tho.
I'm als not sure how Wil doesn't accurately represent traditional gamers.
Like you said, these people have friends. So does Wil.
Maybe he fucks up the rules sometimes, but so do plenty of other players.
>>
>>47912520
>being baited so easily
>>
File: Bait Poem.jpg (167 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
Bait Poem.jpg
167 KB, 900x700
>>47912547
I know, I know. I recognized it a while back from the substanceless repetition, but I just can't help myself.
>>
>>47912520
for some of us these myths actually hit close to home

I love warhammer, I collect models, build, and paint, enjoy the stories, and write some of my own... I don't play though, because I have no friends and the nearest game store is hours away.
>>
>>47912545
>I'm als not sure how Wil doesn't accurately represent traditional gamers.
When the average traditional gamer plays D&D, he doesn't take a beholder for a joyride and giggle idiot, he plays some fucking D&D.
>>
>>47911581
That kills me about shows with laugh tracks in general.
>>
>>47912638
Honestly, that makes you closer to /toy/ than /tg/.

If you have fun, go for it, but only doing the solitary parts of a social hobby is a choice. Unless you live in a shack in Greenland, there's someone nearby you can convince to play at least one game of spess mahrines. And I know people who mostly collect and model, but they still travel out for game days to show off their stuff and talk with people.
>>
>>47912662
D&D is serious business.
>>
>>47912709
>MUH LOLRANDUM
People might make might Mont Python jokes at their games, but that's not the reason they have the games in the first place.
>>
>>47912697
There used to be a game store pretty close, but they closed soon after I moved into the area because they had too few customers.

Last time someone at work asked about my hobbies and I told them, they then made fun of me and were really mean about it. So in real life I don't talk about my hobbies to anyone, even if they ask about it.
>>
>>47912847
>Last time someone at work asked about my hobbies and I told them, they then made fun of me and were really mean about it.
And you were thin-skinned enough to let it get to you?
>>
>>47912859
C'mon, being mocked is not fun.
>>
>>47912859
I am at work to work. If they harass me about my hobbies to where it becomes difficult to do my job, that causes problems for me.

also it hurts too you know
>>
>>47912871
I'll take that as a yes and tell you to grow a pair.
>>
>>47912883
Where are you working that your coworkers will harass you to the point that it impairs your ability to do your job, and why can you not ask your boss to make them shut up?
>>
>>47913031
Imagination Land
>>
>>47912871
>>47912883

Christ you guys sound like massive pussies.

What I'm getting is you're thin skinned enough where someone calling you weird for liking elves legitimately triggers you to the point you can't do your job. Or your coworkers are exceptionally massive assholes going out of their way to bully you l. In which case you should tell your boss, man the fuck up, or find a new job.
>>
>>47913146
I've had them steal personal property from my desk before, and no repercussions taken because I didn't want to file a police report. As a result I now take my things home with me every day.

I mean if they were moving around company property that'd just be a nuisance, but when it is my own stuff? not cool
>>
>>47911557

A lot of things are.

https://youtu.be/5Jd9AmepgdM
>>
>>47910355
Please work on your reading comprehension skills.

These people are the opposite of what you're crusading against. With the possible exception of OP, who didn't offer his opinion either way.
>>
>>47913242
>and no repercussions taken because I didn't want to file a police report.
Tell your boss, and if that fails file a police report you fucking pussy.
>>
>>47896947
Shirts like that are useful to me, like if I want to find a guy at gay bar that's confident, and more likely to share my hobbies, I look for the guys wearing nerd shirts and accessories.
>>
File: 2903432904902349024902.png (41 KB, 435x224) Image search: [Google]
2903432904902349024902.png
41 KB, 435x224
>When anime is next
>>
>>47913242

So they're stealing from you and you don't want to tell anyone? Why?! Because you're what, afraid of causing a stir?

Cowboy up, you candy ass.
>>
>>47913345
Well the nips are going to care less about posers than they already don't care about the rest of western fans so who cares.
>>
>>47913242
What kind of property are we talking? I've lost some small stuff to people in the office too and wouldn't make ruckus about it.
>>
>>47913031
He works at the "Shitposting everyday NEET" facility.
>>
File: 1466613491878.jpg (155 KB, 638x825) Image search: [Google]
1466613491878.jpg
155 KB, 638x825
>>47912520
I literally play /tg/ games with imaginary frineds
>>
File: Storytime.jpg (116 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
Storytime.jpg
116 KB, 700x466
>>47913660
>>
>>47913324
mostly small stuff, snacks, pens, etc, but also some other small electronic gadgets (about 100 dollars worth when they were new)

for that little amount I don't think the police want to be bothered
>>
>>47913742
>(about 100 dollars worth when they were new)
Call the fucking cops bitchboy.
>>
>>47913732
that image is fucking sad
>>
To me the ideal representative of a mainstream fa/tg/uy is Matt Mercer. The guy is a solid GM who genuinely loves the game and tries to get people into it, and while he does have a hot girlfriend, she's completely insufferable.

However, she thankfully doesn't get special treatment.
>>
as far as youtubers go, I think lindybeige is pretty /tg/ as is fritz. skalagrim is too focused on vidyagames, and matt easton is more focused on history and actual fencing

I like atom's stuff, but he plays age of sigmar which /tg/ does not like

also there is girlpainting who reminds us that /tg/ is not for "traditional games" but "transgender"
>>
>>47914130
>literally who, literally who, literally who, literally who, literally who and literally who
>>
>>47914216
>lindybeige, 249k subscribers, covers history, role playing games, whining about movies
>wargamer fritz, 22k subscribers. Imagine the 40k general threads, but in youtube form. Also I guess he has some popular forum
>skallagrim, 550k subscribers, bullshits stuff, talks about vidyagaems, does not cite historical sources
>matt easton (scholagladatoria), 115k subscribers. Talks about historical fencing, cites surviving historical fencing treatises, doesn't bullshit
>atom smasher (tabletop minions), 22k subscribers. General wargaming and miniatures channel. Likes Age of Sigmar
>gamza (commissar gamza), 11k subscribers, woodland scenics products reviews and sometimes his all-american space marines
>GirlPainting, ?? subscribers (did not check), a trangender woman doing painting tutorials

yes they are all paltry compared to Wheaton's 1.4m subscribebers
>>
>>47908310
>but seriously what actual purpose does a Women's Studies course have?
If you plan on going into a related law field the BA is useful.
>>
>>47897555
Day and Wheaton are genuinely awful though
>>
File: 1339703068748.jpg (27 KB, 278x219) Image search: [Google]
1339703068748.jpg
27 KB, 278x219
>>47898006
fuck
>>
>>47907967
>academics
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>47909046
Educate me then. Pray tell, what do they teach of value that couldn't be discerned by anyone remotely intelligent with access to a library?
>>
>>47898013
senpai desu I baka at those faggots
>>
>>47897098
He really likes playing barbarians, and wants everyone to know.
>>
>>47909316
Poseurs are totally a fucking thing though, and they're obnoxious as hell. It's like muh hardcore gaymers on /v/ who talk the talk but just play fucking League of Lesbians all day long. Their opinions on games that I would like are literally worthless to me, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking less of people who present themselves as authorities to earn fantasy street cred.
>>
>>47915692
>>47909316
Let me clarify: newbs aren't poseurs, people who assert their authority on a topic without being intimately familiar with it. The kind of faggots who spout RPG memes
>muh Gazebo xD
without having ever touched a P&P before (or had a session of D&D, at most, maybe)
>>
>>47911557
That is completely untrue and proof you've never watched a good series and have shit taste.

A perfect example would be It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which literally doesn't even have a laugh track. Seinfeld is also funny without the laugh track.

In Denmark, there's literally an ad for BBT and 2+½ Men where they play a laugh track for literally nothing. "Double up on canned laughter" is the ad's name. It perfectly encapsulates how retarded those shows are.
>>
>>47915724
I've met a few, and they don't even know the Dread Gazebo. They're the kind of people to make endless 'natural 20 X' and 'bards just want to have sex' jokes- the most basic things you could pick up in a filename thread.
>>
>>47915724
>>47915692
Why does it bother you so much?
>>
File: 1463761619754.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463761619754.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
I know people have already pointed that up, but this grinds all of my gears:

WHY A D12??

It's like having a cycling T-shirt with "I WHEEL bicycles". Or a "I HOUSE Paris".

Are there wheels in a bike? Sure.
Are there houses in Paris? Of course.
But couldn't you pick another image? Maybe something a little bit more iconic? Maybe something a bit more particular and exclusive to the thing you love?

WHY NOT A FUCKING D20, FOR THE EMPEROR'S SAKE!? WHY!?!

I just can't deal with this. I can't. Sorry.
>>
>>47915789
Yeah, it is an odd choice. I just assumed it's from a series of shirts with every d4-d20 on it.. that's the only way it seems logical.
>>
>>47915763
You've just proven you're an idiot. Sunny isn't a show with a laugh track removed, it's a shows without a laugh track. There's a difference. And Seinfeld without the laugh track sounds like shit, the timing is all wrong. Having 5 second pauses where everyone mugs at the camera in silence ruins any joke.
>>
>>47915831
It's really not about the laugh track, just know that TBBT is a shit show and only plebs can enjoy it. If you like it... I'm happy for you but I'd never associate with you.
>>
>>47910732
The fact that you think your hobby represents you as a person, and therefore famous people in that hobby represent you, kind of makes you a loser.

Get a personality of your own.

No, being passionate about a hobby is not the same thing.
>>
File: Gas.jpg (68 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
Gas.jpg
68 KB, 624x480
>>47915876
OK. Didn't say that I liked BBT, just pointing out that you're a retard who can't into reading comprehension.
>>
>>47897956
>If you don't have an interesting design you want to feature on your shirt, you might as well have your torso naked instead.
I know it's not what you meant, but now I want to see someone with their torso printed on their shirt.
>>
>People caring what Wil Wheaton represents

Fuck me how casual are people here? Wheaton represents the bare bones generic "nerd" who plays the light board games and DnD.

He's too much of a wet blanket poser to play anything like 40k, GURPS or Exalted.
>>
>>47898060
>>47897986
2D8 could work.
>>
>>47916058
>Talks shit like he's hardcore
I bed you don't even play Nechronica.
>>
>>47916162
I'm not trying to sound hardcore, those are literally staples of /tg/.

Wheaton won't even play 40k because he's a feminist twitter pandering crybaby.
>>
>>47907967
>Because God forbid an academic specialize into a certain area.
I think we should admonish people for specializing in racism and sexism.
>>
File: trust me, I'm a lawyer.png (53 KB, 269x242) Image search: [Google]
trust me, I'm a lawyer.png
53 KB, 269x242
>>47913335
hmm
>>
>>47897425
>he never went to a Cowboys and Nava-hoes Halloween Party
>>
>>47916162
Nobody actually plays Nechronica. It's a meme for neckbeards who think they don't earn enough cool internet points by bragging about rolling for anal circumference.
>>
>>47908219
studying a particular area of a field in depth is kind of the point of a lot of college programs. it's not unusual to have a specialization when you graduate, even in undergrad.

a degree in women's studies goes more in-depth than a history of women course or topic series could ever be. similarly for african-american studies.

unless you're UNC, then your african-american studies program is a valuable way to keep football players in good academic standing without actually making them work.
>>
>ITT idiots argue as if buying shit and being lonely constitutes a culture
>>
>>47916319
I've played Nechronica.
There's the JTTRPG Discord as well which organizes games of Nechronica.
>>
File: 1465207525273.png (48 KB, 620x404) Image search: [Google]
1465207525273.png
48 KB, 620x404
>>47913335
See this makes sense since people don't tend to wear blatant "geek gear" unless they expect the possibility of someone noticing it.

Only issue I ever have with it is when it's badly done like >>47896947.

>met an ex because she commented on a keychain I had
>>
>>47915777
It doesn't really bother me that much, but hyperbole is the name of the game on the internet in general since no one can put my name to my sperg
>>
>>47910568
Previously, new players and arrivals were filtered out and assured to be compatible with our personalities because they approached it through the same avenues as we did.

Now, we have to actually filter much more aggressively (which can be hard if it's just minor incompatibility), which isn't the end of the world. Any socially competent person can do that without too much strain, but it's still a pain in the ass that's of absolutely no benefit to the old-hat (or newbs who're similar to "us", whoever that nebulously defined cloud of people is)
>>
>>47910645
You faggot fucks are the reason everyone hates Day and Wheaton.

Pen and Paper gaming is inherently social, and having to be social with assholes you don't like is a giant pain-in-the-fucking-ass. It was better when we could just hang out with our buds and have fun without worrying about revealing our power levels and have long arguments about why there is literally nothing wrong with playing a Wolfenstein campaign as the Third Reich
>>
>>47910788
Wheaton's a dweeb.
>>
>>47911201
do you not realize that we're complaining exactly that there are more unwashed normie masses than respectable human beings out there?
do you have cognitive complications?
>>
>>47911075
>As you enter into the woods to keep watch and protect the rest of the party, you hear the gentle, familiar rustling of a teleporting fish with a zombie inside him.
>Roll a new character
>>
>>47916980
You sound like a real fun guy
>>
>>47917062
Thanks Anon, you too.
>>
>>47913742
Dude I'm totally on-board with it being hard for some people to open up to randoms and play social games socially, but that is one case of needing a serious fucking attitude adjustment.
You can't live your life that way Anon
>>
>>47913345
>next
>implying there isn't a reason Naruto was literally ban-worthy a while back on /a/
>>
>>47915831
>A perfect example would be It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which literally doesn't even have a laugh track.
>>
File: Easton Senpai.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Easton Senpai.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>47914216
>matt easton
You forgot, world class swordsman.
>>
>>47916677
>>47916319
I'm out of the loop, what is Nechronica? Will reading the rulebook amuse me?

I could duckduckgo it but I'd rather get the good stuff rather than the sales blurb
>>
>>47916643
those fields have no depth to them though, certainly not warranting five years of dedication
It's like "esoteric and radical philosophies for dummies 101"
>>
>>47917297
Zombie loli nip game.
it's pretty great.
>>
>>47896947
DnD has been a normie, entry level ttrpg for ages.
>>
File: 2007 the beginning of the end.jpg (59 KB, 681x506) Image search: [Google]
2007 the beginning of the end.jpg
59 KB, 681x506
It started in 2007
>>
>>47917508
I mean I'm no oldfag but I'm pretty sure the fellows who were around for the Eternal Summer would call both you and that poster a crying baby bitch boy
>>
If we're nominating a celeb to be nerd ambassador then my vote would go for Colbert.
>>
>>47917242

Yeah, and a fair comparison would be if you inserted five second pauses into Always Sunny where everyone just stands there in awkward silence after every joke.
Always Sunny isn't a show with the laugh track taken out, it's one designed without a laugh track, there's a huge difference.

>>47917656

I was there, and they are.
>>
>>47917664
Isn't he just obsessed with Tolkien though?
>>
>>47917908
He is super into Tolkien, but if I recall correctly he's also got a reasonable degree of familiarity with other sections of nerd culture.

He also likes Sci-Fi, I know Starwars specifically, but I think he's mentioned other stuff.

He also likes comics, though I don't know to what degree.

For /tg/ stuff I'm pretty sure he's familiar with D&D at least, and played at least one of the pre-WOTC editions.
>>
This reminds me of the time I saw a video on the youtube that was titled something to do wit the nerd shit I like and clicked on it.

It was a bunch of girls with these sorts of shirts and obviously trying to look the part way too hard and repeatedly stating that they loved [X system] too many times and then the conversation somehow over the span of about two sentences devolved into gender politics of some description.

Is it cool to pretend to be into ttrpg these days or something?
>>
>>47918078
that's fucking bizarre. would-be poseurs would be better served with a subculture that doesn't require quite so much effort and buy-in.
>>
>there are people actually defending wil wheaton ITT
Am I on bizzaro /tg/ or something? What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>47918078
No, it's just that nerd stuff has gone from being something that marks you as a social pariah and are now seen as more of an "alternative" interest in most places so we're seeing a higher number of young people dipping their toes into nerdy hobbies because they see it as something "edgy" that will set them apart from the rest of their peers. It probably amounts to a passing phase for a lot of the people doing it but I don't think the majority is faking interest. The video you're talking about is probably just some shitty channel trying to pander to this trend for views. Pretending to be into something for attention is as cool as it's ever been.
>>
>>47918078
That's the part that gets me. I remember how I first got into the scene so to say.

I quite literally walked in of the street and got deathstared by a bunch of neckbeards playing magic and sitting around tables with dice whose eyes spoke "Who's this jock fuck and why's he trying to talk to us."

I joined a game that day and in 2 weeks later not a head turned in disgust again.

And besides that's just that bunch in the years since you'll find most fa/tg/uys will accept anyone into their circles regardless of who they are or what they do, because it just doesn't matter to most. We're here to fight skeletons and concoct retarded plans that work somehow.

>>47918349
Yeah I guess you're right.
>>
>>47918322
Because the rest of the thread is utterly shitting on him. 4chan users get high on being contrary.
>>
File: 1445734838897.jpg (82 KB, 465x600) Image search: [Google]
1445734838897.jpg
82 KB, 465x600
>>47918349

>pretending to be into something for attention is as cool as it's ever been.

you're definitely not wrong.
>>
>>47918576

Yeah, I personally am just sick of the constant shit threads about him the past year or two, and it's starting to feel to me as if the "cool" nerds are picking on him for not being the right kind of nerd. Which is bizarre, but hey. Shut up already.

And I gotta say, I feel about people "pretending" to like tabletop the way I do about a girl faking an orgasm. I'm happy you made the effort to pretend for me; it may not be the best, but it sure beats doing it by myself.
>>
>>47918688
>it's starting to feel to me as if the "cool" nerds are picking on him for not being the right kind of nerd.
People hate him because he's a smarmy condescending douche. People hate him more because he's a smarmy condescending douche that's popular.
>>
>>47918776
>popular

lolno. No one knows who Wil Weaton is unless they actually watched Star Trek. He's a literally who that makes money whoring himself out based on a role he played 30 years ago.
>>
>>47918902
Fine then "internet famous"
>>
>>47917664
>not Vin Diesel

Nigga has a tattoo of his favorite D&D character's name, and isn't afraid to admit he loves D&D.
>>
>>47919359
He's a pretty cool guy.
Especially compared to some prat like Wheaton.
>>
>>47919359
Yeah, but the argument was about representing nerds, and Vin seems more like a popular dude who likes a nerdy thing rather than a nerd who is popular if that makes sense.
>>
>>47920068

Yeah, and he's not exactly doing very much to get other people into our cash-anemic hobbies. I love Vin Diesel, but I gotta admit that Wheaton's actually doing something to help tabletop gaming.
1.4 million viewers or whatever it is that Wheaton's tabletop show gets is peanuts compared to major Hollywood movies like Diesel stars in, but Diesel's love of D&D is mostly known to movie nerds as just a bit of trivia about the guy.
Like him or not as a person, Wheaton is pumping desperately needed cash into tabletop gaming.
>>
>>47920179
1.4 million subscribers. Wheaton gets a lot more viewers than subscribers

>youtube says, 238M total vies
>1.7M total subscribers... what did he do to lose 300k???

I agree in that he might get normies to spend some cash on a hobbie that they might otherwise right off as abnormal, but a lot of those normies would have had to have been borderline anyway. Most normies I come into contact with at work only consider the following to be valid hobbies

>Sports
>TV (game of thrones)
>Kids
>Spouse

if they play video games, it is stuff like call of duty. Everything else to them is "nerdshit" and they don't understand how anyone could find it interesting. I don't understand how they don't understand, like I totally get and am OK with them not liking a thing, but how could they not understand how people like it? that's weird right? And then they go on to judge people for liking these things they can't understand. But that what makes Normies what they are. They aren't just normal-- they are normative.
>>
>>47898117
Have you never heard of the "One man's terrorist, another man's freedom fighter" adage?
Granted, with modern age religious extremist terrorists it's not as accurate as it used to be,but it still very much holds water.I even have a perfect example if anyone's curious.
>>
>>47898031

...But that shirt doesn't look like it's been ironed...
>>
>>47908986
In this place you never know
>>
>>47911012
This exactly.
>>
File: 18ltyprzo6rk5jpg.jpg (38 KB, 636x416) Image search: [Google]
18ltyprzo6rk5jpg.jpg
38 KB, 636x416
>>47916313
>>47916771
Yeah that shirt is very try hard. I've seen better subtler D&D references before.
Commenting on nerd shirts and accessories is a very easy way to have an icebreaker in a conversation with a stranger that will naturally lead into a topic of shared interest.

That said for me it's not just about the easy ice breaker, because I might just be a part of the problem in the gay community. I tend to stereotype then write off most gay and bi men as insecure shallow people.

In my experience gay guys into nerdy hobbies tend to be less likely to cheat on you, are more emotionally secure, for whatever reason they seem more intelligent, and they tend to ignore inane gay culture norms (like tops n bottoms memes, they're less likely to pretend to care about Madonna and Cher, etc) without overt straight acting.

Now that I think about it, one of the major reasons I am into /tg/ related hobbies is just to meet guys.
>>
>>47896947
Whenever you say shit like this, you validate every whining black asshole that complains about white people with dreadlocks.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (24 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
24 KB, 613x533
>>47898117
>Granted, they're pretty much the same on the "evil" scale, but those are still two different things.
> Communists and Muslim
> pretty much the same on the "evil" scale
Is this /pol/ again? This sounds just like /pol/.

Granted, this is dumb thread, but this is beyond ridiculous.
>>
>>47921897
>All muslims are Islamic terorists.
You're the one who sounds like /pol/ to me, anon.
>>
>>47896947

Let me guess, that pic supposed to show some shit about which only the most butthurt American fa/tg/uys would ever care.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.