[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good systems for doing a boxing RPG, /tg/? Something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: hajime no ippo.gif (2 MB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
hajime no ippo.gif
2 MB, 500x370
Are there any good systems for doing a boxing RPG, /tg/? Something that appreciates the difference between a jab and a cross and has room to roleplay training montages. Even if it's crunchy as hell I know my group won't mind.
>>
There was one early 2000´s, Boxeo Izarrak, based on Basque legendary boxers, but the system used a D30 and movement tables...
>>
Fate? Remake the skill list to include all punching stuff, and let the training be situation aspects you gain.
>>
>>47888657
You could do this in GURPS, but you probably know that already. Use Last Gasp and Martial Arts for nice details and fights that can end with fighters too tired to defend themselves.
>>
>>47888741
Accelerated would probably fit somewhat better, actually. The Approaches instead of Skills method would give you a lot of room for variation and style despite everyone being some flavor of boxer.
>>
I am pretty sure that Fight! could easily do that.
Jabs, hooks, uppercuts, distance play, fucking cross-counters and you can chain those into combos.
And It's not a complicated system, It's just...

The way the book is organized is not great
>>
>>47888657
Adapt my system by removing kicks. You can always add more punches. This system is more adept for MMA but it still fits your criteria.
>>
>>47890212
Question, in that system, why would you ever raise the Tension?
>>
>>47890325
You don't, you lower it. Tension is set by the GM based on the tenseness of the situation. It states that in the book.
>>
>>47888657
7th Sea.
>>
>>47888657
Anima
>>
>>47888657
Weirdly enough The Dark Eye has a pretty in depth Boxing System.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.