[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: LOOTED.png (587 KB, 811x608) Image search: [Google]
LOOTED.png
587 KB, 811x608
LOOTED EDISHUN

>Rulz data-bazez
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGs..
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Oftenly asked questshinz
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edishun quick referens sheet(z) (some are painted red fer more speed!)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7ed..

>Forge-wurld Boox index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apo..

>White Stuntiez
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Priviuz tred
>>47826034
>>
1st for thoughts on the Bio-titan.

I've always been interested in saving up for a big ass motherfucker, any ever seen it used or just seen the model physically/worked on it?
>>
File: 1.jpg (141 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
141 KB, 800x800
Anyone know if it's possible to get this model separately? I've only seen it in https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Lucius-Alpha-Pattern-Warlord-Titan-Head
>>
I WANNA BE A DREADNOUGHT

I WANNA HAVE A DELIGHTFUL TEA PARTY WITH BJORN, TANCRED, HECATON AIAKOS AND EDWARD "CRABFACE" CULLN
>>
Dark Eldar Ravagers have been unavailable for like a month now. Just how long does it take these fucks to put it in a new box? It's the most used Heavy Support for DEldar and I'm stuck with just one until they decide to restock.
>>
>>47834370
>what is ebay
>>
>>47834370
there's always Amazon or Ebay, though let me take a moment to laugh at your toughest vehicle at 11/11/10. You have a semi-menacing rhino that has to jink if someone fires at it or suffer it exploding because they looked at it funny.
>>
File: dfc.jpg (47 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
dfc.jpg
47 KB, 446x400
>>47834370
>>47834401
>11/11/10
>>
File: 1426639232580.jpg (42 KB, 460x720) Image search: [Google]
1426639232580.jpg
42 KB, 460x720
>>47834401
>>47834447
Take it back!
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 640x960
>>47834401
It just would feel like part of the Dark Eldar if it didn't get you tabled by turn 2 for using it.

>>47834383
I'm a caveman and would rather just buy in store plus amazon has hilarious prices in Canada.
>>
>>47834471
*wouldn't feel
I really should be getting to bed.
>>
File: Paper Box.jpg (69 KB, 599x317) Image search: [Google]
Paper Box.jpg
69 KB, 599x317
>>47834468
You made your bed, now you have to lie in it. Look at this pic, that's your "heavy tank". You don't even get the luxury of a metal box.
>>
There's a forgeworld gun for Deldar that's a D weapon. Just put some random spikey shit of the nose of your Ravager and nobody will be able to tell the difference, because it's Deldar.
>>
>>47834489
Muh darkness will protect my marauding space elves!
>>
>>47834494
Tank* gun. Or maybe it's 'instany kill on a 6' or something. All I know is the fucking thing instant killed my Riptide on turn 1 in a tournament game once. Didn't even get an invulnerable. That got me good and pissed; damn near tabled that fucker's mixed Eldar.
>>
Hey guys would you be able to rate my IG army list. It's gonna be a themed mech army based on Mordian Iron Guard. My main interest is the theme, but I'm curious to know how competitive it is in your opinion (also I refuse to take flyers).

HQ:

Company Command Squad (60) with master of ordnance and astropath (45), vox caster (5), heavy flamer (10), medic pack (15), regimental standard (15), chimera transport (65) Total 215 points

HQ TOTAL: 215

TROOPS:

Infantry Platoon COMD (30), vox caster (5), PL standard (10), medipack (15), chimera (65) Total 125 points.

2x10 Infantry squads (100), SGT with power weapon (30), 2x chimera (130). Total 260 points.

Infantry Platoon COMD (30), vox caster (5), PL standard (10), medipack (15), chimera (65) Total 125 points.

2x10 Infantry squads (100), SGT with power weapon (30), 2x chimera (130). Total 260 points.

TROOP TOTAL: 770

HEAVY:

Leman Russ Squadron (170), two additional leman russ tanks (340). Total 510 points

Hydra Battery (70), one additional hydra (70). Total 140 points

Basilisk Battery (125), one additional basilisk (125). Total 250 points

HEAVY TOTAL: 800

OVERALL TOTAL: 1785 points.

I also have 85 points left over, what suggestions have you guys got to spend the final points on? Any serious amendments required?

Cheers!
>>
File: checken em.jpg (12 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
checken em.jpg
12 KB, 320x272
>>47834471
>those prices

what the fuck
>>
>>47834527
Pask in a punisher solves a lot of problems, sniper rifles are 'standard' for command squad goons, you can take auto cannons for chimera turrets for 5 points (it's a forgeworld thing, but heavy stubber barrels work just as well), and you can't go wrong putting a flamer in those infantry squads.
>>
>>47834527
Check out the 1d4chan page abouting asking advice, try to trim it down. People giving you advice will know how many points a vox costs or a Chimera.

For the advice:

>Sergeants
Chuck out the power weapon sergeants, they just aren't worth it. Guard Infantry is just not tough enough in melee for the points to be worth it.

>Hydra
Hydras just aren't worth it for the points. A Heavy Wep Squad with a flakk missile is better since you can take two lascannons alongside one flakk missile.

>Command Squad
Medipack and Standard are iffy for the price. The Regimental can be worthwhile, but not the platoon. Medipack isn't worth the price, especially in a Chimera.

>Basilisk
The basilisk is utter shit. I love the model but it's currently awful for the points.

Try cutting the Hydra, medipack, platoon standards. SGT weapons and the basilisk. Fit in some Heavy Weapon Squads of special weapons for your infantry.

All in all, it's not an awful list but it'll not do amazingly in major comp lists. That's not neccessarily your fault, but comp players tend to be min maxing motherfuckers.
>>
>>47834574
YeahI thought about having Pask, but I wanted to avoid having named characters. Besides since the army is more mech infantry then tank I wanted an infantry commander.

Will do the other recommendations however. Are krak grenades worth it?
>>
>>47834401
>Playing DEldar against Tau
>His 10 man fire warrior squad with a fireblade kills an entire unit of wyches that got disembarked because someone destroyed their vehicle.
>The fireblade looks at my Venom
>Kills it by firing two shots from his basic pulse rifle at it

Fuck me and my shitty army. i didn't jink because that shouldn't be able to fucking kill it, holy shit.
>>
>>47834587
Yeah man desu I've only played fantasy never 40k. This is my first time making a list. Ack there are probs better options instead of basilisks/hydras but I'd like to keep them in due to theme. I'll follow the other bits of advice though cheers man.

If it goes average at tourneys that's fine by me!

Also what Leman Russ tank variation should I get? Want them to he anti armour focused!
>>
>>47834593
To be fair, that's your fault for not knowing their codex. Dark Eldar should always be jinking when they're shot at, since Kabalite Warriors can shoot out the top of their transports at full BS even when they do. And Wyches are just flat-out awful, if you want to bring assault units against Tau, go for Incubi or Wracks/Grotesques, or possibly Beastmaster packs.

But Dark Eldar are definitely a mid-bottom army and Tau are one of the most powerful in the game. Blame GW for not being able to balance shit worth a damn.
>>
>>47834613
Battle Cannon is your best bet, in all honesty. Vanquishers are technically the best anti-tank but what it loses isn't worth it. Also if you're kinda going theme wise: Wyverns are a good choice for vehicle artillery. They're currently super cheap for what they give, to the point I feel dirty using them.
>>
>>47834623
They'd be so much better overall if they weren't guardsmen tier of durability. measly save of 5 with toughness 3 ain't saving no one. Doubly so when your ride turns into a huge ass fireball with you still in it.
>>
>>47834634
Sweet well if I go with either that brings points down (put 170 in the list as worst case requirement) so I'll try fit somr wyverns in if I can. Cheers
>>
>>47834592
Nah, you've got a healthy 6 servings of pie for anything that might need krak grenades. Who exactly is a guard Sargent going to kill in a challenge that's not a fucking Tau?
Exactly.
Now, if you take out the power weapon and replace it with a melta bomb you've got something that might, just *might* deal with a melee walker or that third Carnifex from the brood that waddled through all those earth shattering kabooms.
>>
>>47834640
The need the elf stats otherwise you're just playing Marines. I think if we got to fuck around consistently with night fighting rules then we would have a lot more solid of a force.
Anyone have any luck with small units of haywire Scourges? I love the models and using them to nuke a tank seems pretty viable to me.
>>
>>47834670
deepstriking them next to a tank works well in small 5-man groups. Take an archon with a webway portal and you can abuse the heat lances they get as well, just don't expect them to live aftwerward. Though yes, I get that not everything should be toughness 4 save 3 for variety and to help mix up tactics but everything DE get falls apart the moment they start to take return fire so badly that you rarely make it to turn 4 or 5 with anything resembling an army.
>>
>>47834527
Theme-wise? Not enough heavy weapons, add a bunch of autocannon or lascannon squads throughout.
Competitively?
Not awful, but would be rekt instantly by any tourney player worth their salt. Power weapon sarges, stock chimeras, basilisks in general, one blob of three tanks, etc. Melta-Vetmeras would be much more effective in every way as anti-tank than basilisks. Blasts are not-awful but when five of them are hitting two targets, you can be mauled by MSU vehicles and such
>>
>>47834695
Have we seen the rules for the start collecting box? Might have something to help the Deldar out since everything thing in the box is almost an auto take.
>>
>>47834666
Ack will drop power weapon and grab multi grenade!!
>>
>>47834806
*melta bomb
>>
>>47834700
Naw dawg heavy weapon squads don't fit my theme. I'm running mech infantry PLS not mech support PLS. Can't have anything greater then a single man weapon system!
>>
File: Sunstreaker and Eightball.jpg (662 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sunstreaker and Eightball.jpg
662 KB, 1920x1080
How do I use Trayzin The Infinite? I'm thinking I'm supposed to have a Royal Court, with the one-use only gear, get him stuck in combat (because he's got a melee weapon) and when he dies replace one of the used-up lesser characters with him.

Typical high-power list looks like
Decurion

Legion:
Nemesor (Warlord)
Immortals
Warriors
Warriors + Ghost Ark
Those fucking jetbikes with blast templates
Scythe Lytchguard + Night Scythe

Canoptic Harvest

Royal Court:
Overlord: Scythe & Resurrection Orb
Vanguard Obyron (replaces Lord)
Cryptek: Solar Staff

Nightbringer

Size of units depends on points size of game, can go up to 2k

Da cunnin' plan is for Nemesor to be with the squad Immortals, flanked by two maxed squads of Warriors and backed up by the Nightbringer. Second turn his Trait is changed to +1 reserves, this usually brings in my Scythe, which has the guard and the court, and is a truly epic bullet magnet.

Turn 3 Nemesor changes his trait to 12 inch bubble of Preferred Enemy (when shooting), while the Court kills whatever they deployed next to. After that I have no overall strategy, just turn-by-turn tactics.
>>
>>47834741
I haven't seen anything yet, but it'll be better than the chaos one by far. Anything is better than chaos.
>>
Not the guy currently asking advice for IG, but can IG vets take more than one doctrine? The wording is "choose any of the following" so I don't know if it means multiple or only one.
>>
>>47834835
Trazyn isn't worth supporting, he's just a bad overlord.
>>
>>47834835
Please tell me that isn't meant to be OSL on the left. He looks like he's had a bag of curry powder thrown at him.
>>
>>47834806
Multi grenade... Multi grenade... Have you considered a veteran sqad with dark skinned catachan models, in a two-flamer chimera, armed with a demolition charge, melta gun, and near-suicidal tendencies?.

Gurkhas. Good contrast for Mordians. They were.... startlingly effective in the war.
>>
File: Sunstreaker and Eightball back.jpg (659 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sunstreaker and Eightball back.jpg
659 KB, 1920x1080
>>47834864
Cryptek with a solar staff. I need to do his arm.
>>
>>47834863
Well shit, I'm enjoying painting him, don't have any pics (yet).
>>
>>47834558
Ebay
>>
>>47834864
Who is OSL?
>>
>>47834623
>since Kabalite Warriors can shoot out the top of their transports at full BS even when they do

Nope

Read the new FAQs
>>
>>47834936
Those fucking rules aren't official (yet).
>>
File: 1462657284809.jpg (8 KB, 220x230) Image search: [Google]
1462657284809.jpg
8 KB, 220x230
Whats the best 30k Mechanicum unit too use as the Adeptus Mechanicus in 40k?
>>
Why is it everytime a boxed set drops with 2 factions duking it out, one box caters to something I want and the other is something that I don't just DON'T want but is also from a faction nobody around me plays?
>>
>>47834980
Because the meta is constantly shifting? Because they want to get rid of stock nobody is buying on it's own? Look back far enough and they've seriously done everything but Marines vs Marines, guard, or mechanicus.
>>
File: marketing.png (22 KB, 461x354) Image search: [Google]
marketing.png
22 KB, 461x354
What do we think of GW's hype new marketing department trying to sell stuff based on the rules? I thought this was a model company, what the fuck is this?
>>
>>47835031
The worst is I play both Tau and Necrons and while I need a night scythe (have plans to scratchbuild my own), I fucking hate the look and feel of the Tau flyers and I run infantry anyway.

Has anyone ever used the flyers anyway? I never see anyone even bring them up.
>>
>>47835069
That was under the old leadership. They have new leadership now.

Kirby really fucked it up. Rountree's making things better, slowly.
>>
>>47835069
They played a video game and said 'We need to compete with THIS?!'
>>
>>47835069
They're legit going "buy this if you want to be a WAACfag" while dropping hints to others that they should buy more D shit.

Disgraceful.
>>
>>47834943
>FAQs aren't official

but they are. as in tournaments and most players in pickup games acknowledge them. nobody plays "without FAQs"
>>
>>47835089
It went up today.
>>
File: crush your mates.png (1 MB, 989x494) Image search: [Google]
crush your mates.png
1 MB, 989x494
>>47835069
>>47835089
>>47835096

had a minor laff when I saw pic related. the website is full of "this unit will obliterate your best friend's anus swer on me mum" atm
>>
>>47835098
Those FAQs *specifically*, the ones that say 'one grenade per squad' and 'you cant jump over the shrine aquilia, so we are implying you cant jump over chest high walls either, because you breath through your mouth'.
>>
>>47835106
Focus on the rules, broken or not, is an improvement.

Or do you want more Nobz in a Naut?
>>
>>47835110
Yeah I figured. Would love to see how they bullshit their way through the CSM descriptions.

>6 vindicator point-blank on ork boy blobs
That must be depressing to watch.
>>
>>47835098
Facebook FAQs aren't in the official FAQ page yet. They were posted on Facebook to get player feedback.
>>
>>47835134
Good thing too, it's the great stormshield shitstorm all over again.
>>
File: lewd duncan.png (224 KB, 370x485) Image search: [Google]
lewd duncan.png
224 KB, 370x485
>>47835110
>>47835130
>>
>>47834640
This fragility literally defines what Dark Eldar are. They're supposed to be a glass cannon faction that hits fast and hard but can't take any sort of return blows. The problem is, right now, they're all glass and no cannon. DE need to have their hitting power increased, not their resilience.
>>
File: smugfrog.jpg (8 KB, 120x147) Image search: [Google]
smugfrog.jpg
8 KB, 120x147
>>47835179
We doing memes with GW staff in now?
>>
>>47834864

Yep, someone gave OSL a go and it's not a great example, then again, he is trying and will probably get better you miserable little cunt.
>>
>>47835184
Duncan is not a mere meme, anon. He's a living legend, the guide of so many painters, the greatest artiste of our time. Some even say he is the God Emperor of Paintkind.

Bow down to him, anon. And remember, always thin your paint.
>>
>>47835184

Met "Fat Bloke" Paul at Salute... and he was a very nasty man :(
>>
Why did all the bald primarchs join chaos? Were they jealous of the big E's fabulous hair?
>>
>>47835134
It's only feedback on if people actually get what they mean this time. This isn't errata where they are changing stuff, this is just them trying to make it clearer what they meant when they wrote the rules. All that will change is wording, I bet you.
>>
>>47835193
He won't get better if nobody points out what's wrong with his current work.
>>
>>47835237
Hairesy. Vulkan gets a pass due to being Vulkan and he could have had hair at one point but got it burned off. Magnus was a ginger but has a soul(rule breaker), Curze has dandruff and went insane, and Fulgrim was raped by Horus in older editions but now was eaten by a sword.
>>
File: DSC01479.jpg (714 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC01479.jpg
714 KB, 1920x1080
>>47835193
>>47835242

OSL isn't a 'who', but rather a 'what', then... One Source Lighting?

The most constructive criticism I got out of the Necrons facebook page was from some bitch who only said it looked bad, and my colors clashed. That was about it. Not much to work with.

>>47835242
You are correct, but if you are
>>47834864
Then you have failed, miserably, by not pointing out what actually is wrong. That's the 'constructive' part of constructive criticism.
>>
>>47834947
Not Anti-Tank, the x2 designation means it's a prototype in field testing.

There's no anti-armor designation, the closest thing is x8 (ex: XV88 Broadside), which is for "fire support".

Theoretically they could have numbers higher than x9, like we see with the XV104, which is actually XV 10-4, being size class 10. Would get confusing, since they use a bare size class for multipurpose units, ex: XV8 for Crisis Suits that can fill many roles. But I guess we're already three-state is XV22 size class 22 general purpose, or size class 2 prototype? So they can do whatever going forward.
>>
>>47834945
Plasma mortar Thanatar, for that delicious large blast, fuck yo armour and "Gotta re-roll your cover that I just reduced by 1, jinking prick" that Admech needs. Alternatively just give me a Magos Prime with the crazy upgrade selection (Bar the 30k relics of course)
>>
>>47835265
Your colors do clash. Read up on color theory.

OSL is object source lighting, meaning when you have a "glowing" object that spills light onto nearby surfaces. It just takes practice, but a common mistake is inverting the brightness. The glowing object should be a lighter color, and the glow it casts on other objects should be darker.
>>
Interested in expanding my tyranid army a bit to have some different options. How do I best use Raveners, /tg/? Some people I've heard say its best to have a 6-9 model unit to ensure they get into combat, but I don't want to sink that much cash without knowing for sure if they're worth it.
>>
>>47835280
>>47835265
Oh, and specifically, your glowing sun staff:

The spills into crevices, when it should only be hitting raised areas it can actually reach

The light ends very suddenly, it's not a gradient that gets dimmer as it gets further away- the brightness is constant and then just stops

It's too thick, you need thinner layers that allow the underlying color to show through
>>
Rate the names of my Knight Houses.
>House Delegado
>House Delegapo
>House Atriedes
>>
>>47835320

Not subtle.
>>
>>47835336
Being subtle is not my forte. Please note that there is a Forge World Metalica, Battlefleet Baka, and a planet named Birmingham.
>>
File: Hardshell and Kickback rear.jpg (725 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hardshell and Kickback rear.jpg
725 KB, 1920x1080
>>47835280
Aside from being fully painted I'm not overly proud of the Ghost Ark, but purple and green (and purple and orange) does not clash, those are the colours that go with purple. Case in point.

I will continue to work on the solar cryptek, making the staff itself bright is proving a challenge.
>>
Birmingham has taken hits. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Birmingham
>>
File: necromock.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
necromock.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>47835404
>I will continue to work on the solar cryptek, making the staff itself bright is proving a challenge.

Here's a two minute shitty mockup that maybe will help
>>
>>47835291
>How do I best use Raveners
By not taking them and spending the points of Shrikes. They cost the same, have pretty much the same profile, but one starts to eat itself when out of synapse and one is a synapse creature
>>
>>47835438
That does help, thanks.
>>
anyone got new Start Collecting formations for boxes released today?
>>
File: 19-wa-nigel-farage.jpg (17 KB, 458x313) Image search: [Google]
19-wa-nigel-farage.jpg
17 KB, 458x313
>>47835422
>Birmingham
>BLACK PLANET
>Most of the real birmingham is full of niggers and muzzies
>>
>>47835483
No one on that planet probably knows what they are due to not having nearly sunlight at all. It is a major IG recruiting world and a SM chapter world so it must be doing something right.
>>
>>47835452
I see.

Well, I guess I'll proxy some warriors as shrikes then. Shame that so many tyranid units are literally worthless, raveners have really good looking models.
>>
>>47835510
Deldar syndrome
>>
>>47834945
Thanatar with the Plasma Mortar for a huge, deadly MC, or a "Rape Train" class Triaros transport to carry your dudes to where they need to go.
>>
what the fuck are Wrathborn guys?
>>
>>47835597
AoS dudes who went through the perfume department and ended up in 40k instead of GIANTGOATSMASHER AXESKULLSTORMPALACD.
>>
>>47835627
>PALACE
Fixed.
>>
>>47834943
>those FAQs arent official

Its released by GW you fucking dumbass. Its a hell of a lot more official than any of the homebrew FAQs like the INAQ are. Besides they need people playing it and giving it feedback or guess what, they're gonna assume everything is good and move on. Not playing it because 'its not official! Im totally not ignoring because it breaks my autistic rules lawyering' is idiotic.

Besides, that interpretation was always wrong and you know it. Theres no fucking way the guys should be firing full BS if the vehicle has to snap fire because you jinked.

Get over your little hissy fit and spend that time on a more constructive venture like bitching at GW to give you a more balanced codex. That way you wont have to look up random loopholes to make your army halfway playable.
>>
File: Slack-for-iOS-Upload-5.jpg (2 MB, 2611x1958) Image search: [Google]
Slack-for-iOS-Upload-5.jpg
2 MB, 2611x1958
>>47834054
Has anyone played this? Thinking about getting a W40k board game to play with me mates and this one has the highest ratings

Also any W40K board game recommendations?
>>
>>47835700
imo, you should get the ones off of GW's website if you're looking to play the tabletop as well, as you can use the models in the full game.

I've heard Betrayal at Calth is amazing, and I'm planning on getting it just for the fact that it's around 1,000 points of marines that can be used in 30k.
>>
>>47835627
man I really hope this doesn't become a full blown trend in 40k like it is in sigmar

>what kind of chaos marines you want
>just give me the bloodsmash gorekillers on bonecrusher darkterrors f.a.m.
>>
Is the CSM Lore of Nurgle good enough to warrant ML3 Princes, or is it only for the Deamons variant?
>>
Not sure if I should drop a rapier quad mortar to upgrade librarian/sicaran

Blood Angels CAD (1500/ 1500pts)

HQ [ 1 ]

Librarian, Jump Pack - 80pts

Elite [ 3 ]

5x Death Company - 140pts
> 4x BP/CCW & Jump Pack
> 1x PF/Bolter & Jump Pack

5x Death Company - 140pts
> 4x BP/CCW & Jump Pack
> 1x PF/Bolter & Jump Pack

5x Sanguinary Guard - 165pts

Troops [ 3 ]

5x Tactical Marines - 165pts
> 1x Heavy Flamer
> 4x Bolters
> Razorback (LasPlas)

5x Tactical Marines - 175pts
> 1x Meltagun
> 1x Combi-Melta
> 3x Bolters
> Razorback (LasPlas)

5x Tactical Marines - 115pts
> 1x Heavy Flamer
> 4x Bolters
> Drop Pod

Fast Attack [ 1 ]

5x Assault Marines - 115pts
> 2x Meltagun
> 1x Combi-Melta
> 2x BP/CCW
> Drop Pod

Heavy Support [ 3 ]

1x Sicaran Battle Tank - 165pts
> Battle of Sarosh

2x Rapier Quad Mortar -120pts

2x Rapier Quad Mortar -120pts
>>
>>47835795
the general consensus is that CSM codex god powers are mostly shit and you're better off going with biomancy/telepathy
>>
>>47835159
I missed that, what was the buttfrustration over SSs?
>>
>>47834517
riptide's are boring.
>>
>>47835751
Same here. We don't need flaming goat skull axe fails.
>>
>>47834230
My buddy has a Chinaman one, its awesome. He built a base with trees on it, so it really looks huge.
>>
>>47835972
Does it have huge guts?
>>
>>47834517
What happens when you don't pack two riptides
>>
Anyone got any ideas for a ordo sepulturum force?
>>
>>47835483
Thats crazy because the Birmingham in the US is also deep in the heart of niggerville.
Weird coincidence.
>>
>>47835700
>>47835719

Betrayal at Calth as a game is straight up terrible. Slightly more complex than Space Hulk, but with none of the charm.
The best by far is be Chaos in the Old World. Forbidden Stars is cool, but the two times Ive played it were both around 4 hours long. FF's The Horus Heresy is pretty bad - long setup, long game, rules heavy.
CitOW is in a league of its own though. Thats a sure buy if you dont already own it. You can get a copy for ~$60. Stay away from The Horned Rat expansion unless you'll be playing with 5 people.
>>
>>47835700
>Also any W40K board game recommendations?

I've played Space Hulk, Overkill, Execution Force and Betrayal at Calth.

Space Hulk wasn't really very good, in my opinion, although the miniatures were great. Horrible balance issues in the missions we tried, although the basic rules seem like they would be workable with different scenarios.

Execution Force is pretty great, but lacks replay value. The nature of the board makes adding new scenarios difficult too. Assassin and Cultist models are great, but the Chaos Marines are terrible.

Overkill was fun, but rather brainless. Basically comes down to the dice results rather than tactics, but it feels like playing a scene from one of the novels. Weird movement/range rules annoyed me, but don't break the game. Miniatures are mostly good (I didn't like a couple of the marines).

Betrayal at Calth had the best gameplay of the ones I tried. Only played one mission so far, but it was an exciting tactical challenge even with two almost-identical squads of basic marines. The way that cover, positioning and laying down suppressive fire work feel very natural and arise from a fairly simple, elegant rules-set. I won the game by basically rushing to a good tactical position and digging in so that my few surviving marines were able to hold of a larger force of the enemy thanks to cover. Miniatures are fairly bland, but obviously in high demand for heresy-era players, etc.
>>
File: img4dc6ffa730af2[1].jpg (337 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
img4dc6ffa730af2[1].jpg
337 KB, 1920x1200
>hits like a Vindicator
>better armor than a Vindicator
>can get camo netting for 4+ smoke save

Why is no one using this?
>>
File: laughingeldar.png (35 KB, 174x172) Image search: [Google]
laughingeldar.png
35 KB, 174x172
>>47835069

>Unless your opponent is literally made of strength D weapons
>Laughing Phoenix Host
>>
>>47836174
It's not a Medusa Battery
>>
is every CSM ugly under his helm? is that something that warp does to you?
>>
>>47836174
how many points are those anyway
>>
>>47836272
140, 15 points more than a Vindicator.
>>
>>47836270
Varies, many slaaheshi are perfected, some to the point of looking like dolls, other warped to fit a... unique sense of beauty and perfection.
>>
>>47836174
What is it and where did its heavy bolter go?
>>
>>47836294
>many slaaheshi are perfected

is there any chapter like that? Except Pretty Marines
>>
>>47836342
The Flawless are pretty full of themselves.
>>
File: Come to Slaanesh we have abs.jpg (832 KB, 1544x1740) Image search: [Google]
Come to Slaanesh we have abs.jpg
832 KB, 1544x1740
>>47836270
>>47836294
Every God have his typical mutations, and there are generic ones.

Slaaneshi generally become like this.
>>
>>47836292
damn, that's pretty much way better then. in fact a CSM vindi with possession to avoid shaken/stunned and a combi-bolter for weapons destroyed protection is 140 and pretty much worse because of AV11 sides
>>
>>47836088
I honestly had always thought that the planet Birmingham in 40K was a direct reference to the American Birmingham, and thought it was just a shitty race joke.

Nope, turns out Birmingham is a British place as well, and that makes much more sense.
>>
>>47834587
>Guard Infantry is just not tough enough in melee for the points to be worth it.

nigger, do you even into priests??

guard can be very viable in melee with 2 priests- a blob of 50 guardsmen could be unstopable if each sargeant has a power axe to deal with termies etc... reroll to hit, reroll to wound, reroll armor/invuln save
>>
>>47836336
The Thunderer Siege Tank. It's the Guard's version of the Vindicator, basically a Leman Russ Siege hull (14/13/11 armor profile) with the turret ripped out and the hull gun's casemate swapped for a Demolisher cannon.
>>
>>47836476
And you can buy a Heavy Stubber or Storm bolter for 10pt, not really useful for anything other than weapon destroyed insurance.
>>
>>47834835

>Nemesor

That means "General", you twat. His name is Zahndrekh.
>>
>>47835404

>Purple and green "go together"

On an 80's he man toy, maybe.
>>
>>47836174

>Literally ever popping smoke

If you aren't shooting, you should be going flat out to get in range to shoot.
>>
>>47836534
>what is Crew Shaken/Stunned/Immobilized
>>
>>47836534
If your opponent is a drop pod spammer it can be useful for denying a cheap first turn melta rush. Nothing more satisfying than watching 4 of my friend's melta shots whiff to both the 13 side armour and a 4+ save. That implies you got first turn but it's always good for those situations where you can't fire your gun.
>>
>>47836386
Isn't that bottom left guy from WHFB?
>>
File: thunderer.jpg (86 KB, 686x927) Image search: [Google]
thunderer.jpg
86 KB, 686x927
>>47836174

because demolisher cannons aren't all that great compared to the other options that exist. They're ok, but for the points not as good as wyverns, punishers, or some of the FW units. The lack of sponsons also means you are losing a lot of firepower potential for that chassis.
>>
>>47836620
WAR to be exact.
>>
>>47836647
Thought so. I wonder if the abs on those Slaaneshis aren't just abs that grew over their armor.
>>
>>47834054
We should probably replace the renegade knight with that looted knight anyway, since orks love to take that RK.
>>
Is Kill Team/Zone Mortalis more balanced than the standard game is right now?

I want to get back into this but the atrocious balance, the superheavies/flyers/knights being normal units and the increase in game size makes the normal game look pretty shitty these days.
>>
File: lefthand.jpg (35 KB, 629x349) Image search: [Google]
lefthand.jpg
35 KB, 629x349
>>47835179
>>
>>47836742
yes
>>
>>47836660
it's possible due to the metal becoming their flesh in both settings.

>>47836715
do your locals do that or is it just internet talk?
>>
File: 2016-06-18 11.46.53.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18 11.46.53.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>>47834054
Some pics from my latest game against very casual Eldar list at 1850 points. Here's deployment and he got first turn.
>>
>>47836795
I only have one Ork player, but half the time his army counts as Space Marines anyway.
>>
File: 2016-06-18 11.45.44.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18 11.45.44.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>>47836813
My First turn shunt and gate. I took out a lot of his seer council and the wraith guards.
>>
is start collecting Militarum Tempestus good?
They are like IG except not using russian zerg tactics,right? I would like to play some normal humans
>>
>>47836632
>sponsons as firepower potential on an Ordnance Russ
u wot m8
>>
File: oursaintduncan.png (2 MB, 1125x718) Image search: [Google]
oursaintduncan.png
2 MB, 1125x718
>>47835184
>>47835202
Just Duncan
>>
Super new player here, me and my friend were playing our first game of 40k and we were debating this one rule since it literally decided the game.

Would my friend's unit of space marines be able to damage my Hellbrute's 12 armor with S4, AP 5 bolt guns. By my counts the max he could roll to damage the hull is 11 which makes it invincible from the front.
>>
>>47836838
Yes, exactly.
>>
File: 2016-06-18 11.45.15.jpg (2 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18 11.45.15.jpg
2 MB, 1885x1060
>>47836832
After a while, turn 3 he killed one of the dread knights with his fire dragons and mass dark reaper fire. I immobilized his wave serpent when my xiphon came in. Draigo's squad takes some fire, but I charge in.
>>
>>47836844
How on earth does 4+6 = 11? No, they can't damage him, they can roll 10
>>
open email from gee dubs see this
>>
>>47836844
Armor penetration is (usually) D6 + Strength, so no, Bolters can't harm a Helbrute with AV12 from the front. Max value they can get is 10.
>>
>>47836844
The highest you can roll for armour pen on a single dice plus your strength, what is 4+6?
>>
>>47836859
I thought AP 5 gave it a +1 mod, must've misread how that worked.
>>
>>47836863
tee-hee
>>
>>47836844
Vehicle penetration rolls are decided thusly:
If a hit is resolved, the attacking player rolls a d6 for each hit. The result of the D6 is added to the strength of the attacking weapon/model; if the result is equal to or greater than the armor value being attacked, the vehicle is damaged.

Thus, a S4 bolter can only ever damage AV10 at most (4+6=10). A S5 attack can only damage AV11, and so forth.

Your opponent might have been thinking that as a vehicle, the Helbrute's rear armor of 10 was the side he was shooting at, but as a Walker, the Helbrute uses its front armor in melee.
>>
File: 2016-06-18 11.47.54.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18 11.47.54.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>>47836857
After killing the warp spiders and the exarch there die, they are ready to get charged by the scorpions and what's left of his dire avengers.
>>
>>47836844

You are correct, it is impervious to bolter rounds.

Also, the max you can get with a bolter is 10. Strength 4 + max result of 6 equals 10.
>>
>>47836884
No, ap2/1 give +1/2 to the damage table, not penetration.
>>
>>47836863
This meme of photo-shopping the same model over and over again needs to die.
>>
File: 2016-06-18 11.48.07.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18 11.48.07.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>>47836893
Last pic. I ended up tabling him, but here's the final challenge. My brotherhood champ did work, surprisingly.
>>
>>47836863
>No Tankbustas

No surprise
>>
>>47835404
thanks doc
>>
>>47836914
>>47836893
>>47836857
>>47836832
>>47836813

>Eldar getting into melee literally every turn
Either you're really fast or he's really bad.
>>
>>47834623

Wyches are point for point one of the best (if not the best) dedicated anti-melee units. Their role is to engage and take out specialized elite melee units (ie: nobs, vanguard, termies, melee hive tyrants).

Obviously if you try to use them for other roles (ie: curbstomping weaker infantry) they will underperform.
>>
>>47836613
>4+
But smoke is only a 5+
>>
>>47836863
>copy-pasted models
>pixellation on the wordart
>literally MS WordArt

This is bait. This has GOT to be bait.
>>
>>47836942
We've both only played like 4 or 5 games. Like I said though, he's really casual and plays what models he likes the looks of. Chill guy though.
>>
>>47836956
With Camo netting, which the Thunderer has access to (unlike the Vindicator) it can get a 4+.
>>
>>47836942
between shunts and deepstrike i assume the grey knight player caught him in his deployment zone then beat him up
>>
>>47836966
Well, power to him. A casual Eldar is a good Eldar.
>>
>Their role is to engage and take out specialized elite melee units (ie: nobs, vanguard, termies, melee hive tyrants).
How?
>>
>>47836942
Eldar can play a fast melee army pretty well. Obviously not the most competitive in Shootyhammer 40k, but their Codex is strong enough that it can still do okay.
>>
>>47834054

It looks like you cant play the formation from the tempestus scion start collecting box as an astra militarum player. I think you need to play the formation as an allied detachment but the commissar and the command squad are two HQs.

or am I getting this wrong? (which I hope)
>>
>>47837002
>>47836952
Aren't they only S3, ap-?
>>
>>47836838
>>47836853

I don't understand this objection. You can fire sponsons and the cannon both the same turn. You are paying for the chassis, why not the sponsons?
>>
>>47836632
>Demolisher cannon
>not as good as a Wyvern/Punisher

Against what, grots? That's not what a Demolisher's supposed to shoot, stupid. You fire it at TEQ, vehicles and buildings. Things with either high AV or a 2+ armor save. You shoot it at Riptides, Tyrannofexes, Immortals, all the heavy stuff.

If you're shooting a DEMOLISHER CANNON at things that the Wyvern/Punisher can hurt better, you've either run out of targets or you deserve to lose.
>>
>>47835237
>Implying Fulgrim was a bad Primarch
>Implying Mortarion was a bad Primarch
>Implying any of the Alphariuses are bad Primarchs
>Implying any of the loyalists were better than the canonically best Primarch Horus

Loyalists got all the B students, Chaos got all the A's and all the C's.
>>
>>47837022
Firing an ordinance weapon means all other guns have to snap-shot so it's not worth having sponsons.
>>
>>47836977
What this guy said.
Always slap camo netting on units you think will be targets. 3 Wyverns behind an Aegis or guard blob become super survivable when they are rocking a 3+ (Aegis+Camo) or 4+ (Intervening+Camo) cover save. Unless you are playing Tau, but then you already fucked up before you even started on your list.
>>
>>47836993
Yeah, definitely. Sure beats the 5 knight list I had to play the day before...
>>
File: 1456549204968.jpg (236 KB, 691x625) Image search: [Google]
1456549204968.jpg
236 KB, 691x625
>>47836952
yeah, no. i think daemonettes get that position due to rending and summoning even more daemonettes
>>
>>47837022
The gun's an Ordnance weapon. It forces every other shot fired by the vehicle to fire snap shots. Snap shots can't be fired at ALL if they're blasts or templates, so the plasma cannons and flamers are out, and they only hit on a 6 otherwise, so if you use heavy bolters you'll average 1 hit every round for 20 points worth of upgrades. That's not even a wound, and against the things the Thunderer's SUPPOSED to be shooting, like high AV and TEQ, it's wasted anyway.

And multi-meltas are even worse off; you'd average one hit every THREE rounds of shooting.
>>
>>47837029

>for the points not as good as wyverns

wyverns are 65 points. you can field 2 for the price of 1 thunderer. Fire two wyverns at a squad of MEQs and TEQs 10 times, and count the casualties. Wyverns are very, very good because even without the AP they wound a lot and are very accurate. The demo cannon ignores armor but not cover, and scatters meaning you don't get ideal hits.
>>
>>47837016
The formation itself IS a detachment, just like an allied detachment or combined arms detachment.
>>
>>47837020
Yes, which means that guy is talking out his ass. Combat Drugs boost their hitting power by a little bit if you're lucky and don't roll one of the useless results, but on the whole they have an extremely low damage output. They don't work as a tarpit because their 4+ invulnerable save doesn't hold up against quantity of attacks, can't be used as suicide anti-tank squads because only one model per squad can take Haywire Grenades (and even if the whole squad could take them, that retarded FAQ would mean they can't use them), and get slaughtered by Overwatch. They're shit, and I have serious doubts about anyone who tries to claim otherwise.
>>
>>47837051
>>47837063

Ah, ok. You are right, then. It's been a while since I fielded an ordnance russ at all, so that slipped my mind. I almost always use punishers and executioners.
>>
>>47837051
>it's not worth having sponsons.

They give you extra protection against Weapon Destroyed results, and three snap-firing Heavy Bolters can still do some damage against lighter enemies. They aren't an auto-include but I wouldn't rule them out entirely.
>>
>>47834054
Oh look, another shitty op image made in MS paint
>>
>>47837029
2 Wyverns (Still costing less than a single Thunderer) have double the range and the sheer amount of shots they lay down plus the re-rolls on scatter and wounding place more than enough wounds on TEQs to make them more deadly than a single demolisher shot. The only thing Wyverns worry about is T5+ where even shred doesn't do much good.The advantage of a Thunderer/Demolisher over a Wyvern is survivability (Even though you have to get uncomfortably close to dish out damage).
>>
>>47837070

oh, so I still get the Command boni for my combined armes detachment?
>>
>>47837029

see:

>>47837113

The demo cannon can take out heavier targets like tanks and fortifications that wyverns cant hurt, but against those meltas are a better investment anyway. Anything with a toughness value 5 or less a pair of wyverns is better at killing.

You, sir, are the stupid.
>>
>>47836835
Please respond.

Also how come they have only like 3 models? Do you fill rest of your army with regular IG?
>>
>>47837029
>Riptides, Tyrannofexes

>Firing single shot blast weapons at multiple wound monsters
>Wasting that shit on something that will only lose one wound and can' be ID'd
>Implying you don't roll a 1 or they cover save it anyway

No John, you are the shitter.
>>
>>47837064
Let's math that:
A wyvern, and I have used it, can average around 16 or so hits against a standard spacing infantry squad. This goes to 20 with I-just-fell-out-of-a-transport spacing (let's assume the former). Of these, with S5, MEQ/TEQ will make approx. 12 wounds.

Now here's where it gets interesting. The MEQ's get their save, so suddenly your 12 wounds are down to 4 wounds. Same for the TEQ; now you're down to TWO wounds.

Now let's look at the Demolisher Cannon. Average spacing will net you around 5-7 hits (let's assume 6). Of those, you get 5 wounds, which ignore armor completely. So against MEQ in the open the Demolisher is 16% more effective than a Wyvern, and against TEQ it's 150% more effective.

Do I need to go into the punisher cannon, or have I proved my point? The Wyvern and Punisher are wonderful for crowd-mulching but against MEQ and better they lost a lot of their punch. And before we start on cover, I remind you that it's MUCH harder to get high cover saves than armor saves: a 2+ cover save is only possible if your targets are sitting behind an Aegis line and have gone to ground, or have shroud/stealth stacking, or other heavy-cover-abusing trickery. And if THAT'S the case, you're GUARD; just call up your gunline of lascannons and order them to Ignore Cover.
>>
>>47837144

No, they are garbage. Overpriced with gear that does not help them survive, carrying guns that are scarcely better than bolters. In a straight firefight they perform about as well as marines, then they get wrecked in melee.
>>
>>47837159

your demo cannon didn't scatter, how convenient
>>
>>47836835
Only because of the Formation, and even then you should protect them with another army.

Deep Striking Infinite Melta Works is actually pretty baller, but once your opponent realizes this he's going to put some serious firepower on your command squad, and they're still just T3.
>>
>>47837144
They are basically a mini codex. You take them as allies and just load out the command squad with special weapons for whatever you want them to do (marine-killing, tank-killing, MC/GC-killing) and deep strike on top of something to kill it.
>>
>>47836813
>>47836832
>>47836857
>>47836893
>>47836914

Wannabe newbie GK player here, just started building the army. Do you mind some questions about your list? I think I see 2 termi squads, 1 interceptor team and 1 something else I cannot fully see ( phone so crappy screen and zoom) plus 2 Dreads and a champion.

Also a lot of swords. Why swords instead of halberds? The hammers are obvious because that x2.

Also, I really like how you painted the army. I hope mine looks half as good once I'm done.
>>
>>47837231

>deep strike on top of something and kill it

and then die, because you are overpriced guardsmen outside of a vehicle. Make sure that one thing you kill costs more than you do.
>>
>>47837231
>You take them as allies
How does this work? You can combine 2 factions?
>>
I'm looking to get into the game since my friends just picked up a dark vengeance box. Is this (pic) a good starter pack if i can get it for $80?
>>
>>47837250
Yeah, they're suiciders, but the idea is that you damage/kill something that costs way more than 125 points and draw some fire from the rest of your army.

>>47837262
Yes, you can take multiple factions in one army. Do you have a copy of the rulebook? If not, go to the top of this thread and look at the "rules databases" mega file and download it. Read it all the way through. It goes over this stuff in the detachments/building your army section.
>>
>>47837159
>>47837179

Ok, if you aren't going to respond to that I will for you.

Your math was solid except for the fact your cannon has 100% assumed accuracy. It doesn't. It scatters 2/3 of the time, an average of 4 inches each time. Factor that in, and you can drop the average hits from your demo cannon from 5 to 3, since sometimes you get 5, sometimes 1, etc. Average 3.

You also need to subtract one of these off your TEQs since they have a 5+ invul save.

Suddenly, demo cannon doesn't look too great, does it? There is a chance other people know what they are talking about, so maybe you should exercise some restraint before calling them stupid.
>>
>>47837262
It's in the rulebook.

I suggest you read it.
>>
>>47837307
for $80? Yeah that's a pretty good deal.
>>
>>47837307
Good stuff brown man
>>
>>47837159
Well unless you are seeing people running Termies that aren't TH+SS (If they aren't why the fuck are you concentrating any fire on them?) they are going to get a 3++ reducing the wounds from your DIRECT HIT Never ever demolisher to 2.5 unsaved wounds. We're not saying the Wyvern is better than the Demolisher in all things but it's far more likely to hit and still deals a punishing amount of damage Which you can turn into cancerous levels by giving the squadron rending.
>>
>>47837313
Thanks I will. I had no idea you can do that. Thats great because I cant decide on faction so I will just start collecting two. I watched some games on youtube and never saw anyone combine 2 races in a game
>>
>>47837374
>I watched some games on youtube and never saw anyone combine 2 races in a game

Part of the reason is that you need to take a fair amount of mediocre filler units so unless you really want what the second army has to offer people tend to go with a single army.
>>
>>47837374
Taking allies is a calculated risk. It splits your focus, because in order to keep your army battle-forged and the benefits that go with that (its in the rulebook), you need to take an HQ and at least one troop unit. Generally speaking, those aren't the best units from a codex so it's a tax on what you want to do.

However, in a way, scions only really have HQs and troops anyway, so it doesn't matter as much with them.
>>
File: CHENKOV'S REVENGE.jpg (30 KB, 363x309) Image search: [Google]
CHENKOV'S REVENGE.jpg
30 KB, 363x309
>>47837250
>Deep strike
>kill
>die
And then you put that squad into Ongoing reserves, and repeat the next turn.
>>
>>47837445
I live. I die. I live again!
>>
>>47837445
Honestly, as a scions player I don't see that formation being all that great. You need to take a tax commissar and taurox and only the scion squad (only 2 special guns, not 4 like the comm squad) gets to come back.
>>
>>47837422
Unless you are allying in Admech in which case your "Tax" is literally the best unit in the codex And one of the best generic HQs in the game and a damn good troops choice.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (54 KB, 473x460) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
54 KB, 473x460
>>47837325
Woops, the actual one is slightly different, might be an older set, it has a war walker in it. Still good for $80?
>>
>>47835795
Giving a prince MLs is generally a waste of points. Take unmarked sorcerers instead.
>>
>>47837492
The prism and walker alone are about $80 straight from GW, so yeah still good.
>>
>>47837492
I haven't played much eldar this edition, but you used to need to run warwalkers in squadrons for them to be decent.
>>
>>47837482
Yeah, but when you compare it to what CSM or Tyranids got it's pretty decent. Worth considering at least
>>
File: IMG_2998.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2998.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>47834945
Just painted this mother, in anticipation of the rules for 40k, because its a kickass model. I dont care if it sucks ass on the table or is overpriced when the rules come out, its fantastic.
>>
>>47837445
So how long until Space Marines get this special rule in one of their formations?
>>
>>47837553
do these monstrous creature bots bleed or have skulls? this is very important to khorne
>>
>>47837482
The Taurox is a decent fire support vehicle (as long as it's alive) and the command squad can hug cover and hold down a firebase with 4 volley guns. You were going to take the melta squad anyway, so really the 'cost' of the formation is the semi-useless vehicle and a 25 point commissar. It's not the worse formation ever, and it can be REALLY mean in long games.

As a Guard player, I love it; it's an excellent support formation (around 300 points at most for a pretty damn good anti-tank unit, along with some fire support and defensive line shenanigans) to go into my army.

That and I've already got the scions...
>>
>>47837506
Untill you get warp speed and/or Iron Arm and get a flying bastard throwing a jillion hard AP2 fleshbane attacks that ID on failed I tests
>>
>>47837578
this one has FOUR skulls, sir!
>>
>got 15 guardians with platform, 15 dire avengers, 5 dark reapers, 2 farseers, eldrad, 1 spiritseer, a bunch of warlocks, 20 wraithguard, 2 wave serpents, 4 wraithlords, 1 avatar of khaine, 3 jetbikes and some more assorted unassembled stuff off an auction for 18 fucking bucks

What should I add to my new, unexpected Eldar army to make it playable and fun?
>>
>>47837553
Thats nice. I dont know what it is but I want to start playing it
>>
>>47837553
You need to repaint some of those parts. Some gold panels and definitely that white shoulder pauldron isn't smooth and is an eyesore to look at.
>>
>>47837595
Playable as is.

Depends on what direction you want to take it.
>>
File: wat do.png (237 KB, 953x193) Image search: [Google]
wat do.png
237 KB, 953x193
>tfw new and can't decide picrel

also if I REALLY want to use some kind of chaos marines in rhinos to actually kill stuff, is it even possible? bolters basically seem borderline useless against not-guardsmen, so in my unique scenario should I actually take thousand sons? they seem like the only chaos marines with actually scary weapons besides noise marines' blastmaster/doom siren, but those are just one man weapons and the sonic flamer requires you to get close
>>
>>47837590
Yeah, you've got like a one in three of getting either of those powers on a CSM daemon prince, so good luck. Not to mention the Prince is probably going to mulch whatever you throw him at without them.
>>
>>47837587
The Taurox isn't totally awful, but it's way overpriced considering how easily it dies. There's other vehicles in whatever codex you take alongside that formation that will do the same job but better.
>>
>>47837337
how do you give rending?? with psyker?
>>
>>47837609
I like infantry, but I want to take it in a different direction than my other big army, which is Khorne Daemonkin
>>
>>47837593
how much blood does it have?
>>
>>47835110

The other two "Crush Your M8s" bundles are triple land raider and triple battlewagon. Fighting that much AV14 transport is gnarly for someone lacking good anti-tank, but the 6x vindicator seems by far the most broken of the bunch. Going triple land raider or triple battlewagon is too much of an all-in.

they forgot to list the entire Eldar miniature range in the gamebreaker section
>>
>>47837578
It works how robotic MC SHOULD work in general. Re-roll successful wounds caused by poison and fleshbane but takes an additional wound in haywire attacks roll a 6 to wound. Robotic MCs are stupid but unless they buff up walkers, Mechanicus would get shafted.
>>
>>47837631
Yeah, you'd need a psyker. You'd also need to actually roll the power, then you need to channel it, then you need your target to fail his DtW save...suffice to say it's not a general strategy. It's good if it works...emphasis on IF.
>>
File: eldar aspects united.jpg (120 KB, 1008x792) Image search: [Google]
eldar aspects united.jpg
120 KB, 1008x792
>>47837595

Needs moar Aspects.
>>
>>47837553
Ok thats it im gonna Chinaman an Thanatar already got a site
>>
>>47835393
>>47835483
>>47836088
>>47835422

Birmingham is in a part of the UK known as "The Black Country", named after the soot that came from the factories there; it's not a race thing.
>>
>>47837640
So?... Less or more meat?

Infantry based there's the Biel-Tan power-rangers party where you grab up as many aspects as you feel like.

You could also go in a more convectional military style direction with guardian troops and weapon platforms, tanks and war-walkers delivering heavy support and a couple of aspect specialists filling gaps.

Or in a Iyanden direction with hard Wraithguard and Wraithblade footmen, harder Wraithlords wading fourth swinging a surf-board sized swords
>>
>>47837670
6 Vindicators is actually really mean; at 720 points its a LOT of anti-TEQ/anti-tank. The real power is if you make two squadrons out of it, in which case you're tossing about 10" S10AP2 Ignores Cover blasts, which is...well.

Fortunately for everyone else, losing just one vindicator removes that ability, so that's good.
>>
>>47837631
Yeah, if you're going guard then you are going Divination anyway. Getting your squishy psyker within 24" is a bit scary but worth the reward.
>>
>>47837738
I thought the combined fire dickery was S:D?
>>
>>47836088
Look at what chris rock said.

Martin luthor king was a pioneer of non violence.

But if you are on martin luthor king bulivard, I dont care where in the country you are, there is some violence going down.
>>
>>47836174
Because its not a wyvern. You know that broken as fuck unit that every guardsman abuses the shit out of, while also crying about your broken shit?
>>
>skitarii/cultmech with krios squadrons
my penis is ready
bring me IA14 forge world
>>
>>47835320

House Delgado??

tonto/10
>>
>>47837735
Lots of weapon platforms and tanks does sound pretty fun. So does aspect warriors. I think I'll go for the mix and do some research on craftworlds.

Not sure I want to go in the hard Wraith direction for the sole reason of not becoming the most hated person at my LGS that mainly plays 40k for casual fun. They seem really broken overall.
>>
>>47837821
Give me some sweet,sweet Thallax and I'm good Fuck you Ordos Reductor you fucking jews, gib Thallax
>>
>>47837614
2 Blastmasters for 10 Noise Marines. It's in the FAQ.

Anyway, Plasma or Melta really depends on what unit we talk about,
Plasma is extremely nice if you have any way to reroll 1s. The new Black Legion Warband is awesome for that.
If you have, for example, some Havocs blowing up something, you can have 2+ chosen squads in rhino with 5 plasma+combiplasma with preferred enemy. It's awesome.

Melta is good, for example, if you outflank some Raptor/Bikes with a Chaos Lord on Steed of Slaanesh.
They can outflank with acute sense, move 12", blow up something, and the next turn fire and charge.

Speaking of Blastmasters, if you only care about that and not the Noise Marines themselves, buy a Sonic Dreadnought with Warp Amp and Blastmaster.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.