[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my combat system!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 1686x822) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 1686x822
Wanted to know what people thought of a combat system I created as my first "crash course" in TCG creation. I wanted a system that reflected more on movesets, and a fast-paced action orientation (think KD for babies).
Basically, your character's stats would obviously judge IF your character can wield certain weapons, and HOW effective they can be used! Totally up for suggestions, and don't really care if the idea is taken and reworked by another.
>>
Good start. I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Were you thinking of taking it as a CCG/deckbuilder or as a crunch for a more traditional RPG? Because I can see it working well both ways.
>>
>>47791588
Kinda card-based, with a classical D&D roleplaying mechanic as filler inbetween the action-oriented combat. Cards would be for armor and weapons, while the rest is on a traditional sheet.
>>
>>47791315
Does your game have a grid where the cards are at? like miniatures game?
That is awsome
>>
What is the die used?
>>
>>47793134
Yes, and thanks. Grid movement seemed to work for KD, and i feel this kind of combat suits it over ruler/node based boards
>>47793485
I would imagine a d-6 for blues, and a pyramid d-4 for red. Makes the variables for both pretty good. Blue will have your regular 1-2 radius, but the red die will only have one 4, two 2's, and a 0
>>
Will this be a card game or a miniature game that use cards for pieces?
>>
>>47795166
miniatures with cards for gear, items, and a character sheet for stats, class, skills etc.
>>
>>47791315
Heavens, that is painful to read.
What made you think that "tooth sander" would be a good name for a greatsword? Not to mention that it should be "Zähneschleifer", if anything.
And "Critikal"? Really?
>>
>>47797406
why are you focusing on the typos?
>>
>>47797684
Typos?
I specifically chose to ignore the typos.
What I'm focusing on are the two exceedingly obvious non-typo errors.
And while we're at it: usually you should follow the rules of your language before you devise a set of rules of your own.
>>
>>47798267
Zähneschliefer translated from "Tooth Grinder" in my book. And critikal was a simple stylistic choice, like mortal Kombat. Secondly, this is nto the point of my sheet, it's the gameplay...
>>
>>47798485
Pretty poor book you got there.
"Grinding" in the context of teeth translates to "knrischen". And "Zähneknirscher" still sounds stupid.
Not to mention that you're about a decade too late for Xtreme Kool Letterz, too.

And we don't know jack about the gameplay, because all we have is your appalling attempt at a sheet.
>>
>>47800105
* "knirschen"
Such a silly word that it just begs for a typo.
>>
>>47791315

Looks interesting, OP. But what about the diagonals?

Also, one special move per weapon seems kinda limited.
>>
>>47800998
Diagonals will be covered, but i feel this is simply an example for the layout. There will also be unique special moves for ALL weapons, and maybe even a card extension that is a second special move that fits the weapons archetype.
>>
>>47793933
Change the blue parts to squares and the red part to triangle then. Always make sure your game can still function even if printed in black and white. Helps prevent issues with color blind players. Red/Blue isn't actually an issue, but it's still best to get into that habit.
>>
coomala
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.