[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it all go wrong for your character, /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 16
File: sad jester.jpg (85 KB, 736x547) Image search: [Google]
sad jester.jpg
85 KB, 736x547
Where did it all go wrong for your character, /tg/?
>>
>>47776298
Creation.
>>
>>47776298
depends.
>paladin: after losing his eye to the half-demon
>fighter: before the campaign even started
>>
>>47776298
Probably around the time his genetalia was removed by a god as punishment for his finagling with a hot daemon.
>>
>>47776298
Chargen.
>>
Attempting to contact the god of death. Turns out the deities of the setting don't like getting pestered by mortals.
>>
Daemonhost.
>>
When his father, the BBEG, created him
>>
The moment I rolled up a swarm of midgets. This was in Gamma World mind you.
>>
Approximately 217 years before the game started(fucking cryogenics) when he realized the reason most cryptozoologists are scam artists because that's the only way to earn a living.
>>
File: nickelodeon_red_075.jpg (325 KB, 1095x1600) Image search: [Google]
nickelodeon_red_075.jpg
325 KB, 1095x1600
>>47776381
>the BBEG created him
Don't let that stop you.
>>
File: I give up.jpg (30 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
I give up.jpg
30 KB, 500x332
>>47776298
In backstory:
>When the elven god of magic smote nearly his entire family save him and his brother for petty reasons
>When the human deity his brother left to worship labeled him worthless due to his failure to die in defense of the shrine, leaving him to die in a gutter

In campaign:
>When the rest of the party went full retard and decided "push every button on the puzzle until something happens" was a viable strategy.
>Also when despite all his efforts to help people and make the town better he was derided and mistrusted by everyone around him.
>>
>>47776298
I wanted to play a Cavalier.
At least the GM let me do so on a moose.
>>
>>47776440
dowman really has a kawaii style.
>>
>create a fighter specializing in shields
>several feats and such that require a shield to work
>literally first attack made against me crits and I lose a hand
>can pretty much only make basic attacks now

Also during the next encounter we ended up awakening an ancient evil and turning a forest into an kilometers wide pit of magma. In my group the phrase "darkest timeline" is uttered constantly.
>>
File: 4513421.png (152 KB, 241x264) Image search: [Google]
4513421.png
152 KB, 241x264
>>47776303
As usual, first post best post.
>>
>trusting a foreigner
And it was all downhill from there.
>>
>>47776704
You don't need a hand to hold a shield, just buckle it to your arm
>>
>>47776298
the adventure ended and I had to become a DM
>>
File: OE.jpg (47 KB, 648x365) Image search: [Google]
OE.jpg
47 KB, 648x365
>>47776298
When I chose the Knowledge Domain
>>
>>47776778
Perusing the player's handbook, the only shields required the use of a hand. But yeah, that's my best plan at the moment. Group's on break though so I might not get a chance to even continue that character.
>>
File: are you wizard.png (1 MB, 731x1260) Image search: [Google]
are you wizard.png
1 MB, 731x1260
>>47776802
you poor poor soul
>>
I made a wizard archeologist who was stuck working for a Dragon Queen because he didn't recognize her authority and refused to pay taxes on his wizard tower. She knocked it down. It used to be his parents' wizard tower before they they went missing investigating a mysterious traveling ruin.

Not only did that Wizard hate dragons and was forced to work for one, he managed to find that mysterious ruin over the course of his adventure but had no time to investigate it properly for archeological significance nor for the bodies of his dead parents because the fate of the world was at stake. His lifelong fairy friend-familiar died in that ruin shortly after at the hands of an eldritch monster that brain-raped the wizard, damaged his mind which is his most prized quality and once it was slain had the curious effect of erasing everybody's memories that the fight had even happened. So he couldn't even remember why his fairy friend died. And even after saving the fucking multiverse he was still stuck working for that fucking loathsome dragon.
>>
>>47776315
He should have ask said daemon for compensation.
>>
>>47776298
When he watched all his friends die horribly though a tv screen, and it was all his fault.
>>
Playing a Barbarian
>finish clearing a dungeon
>party scales a cliff because of cave overlooking the dungeon entrance
>Party encounters a dragon at the top
>roll 20 for initiative
>rage and charge the dragon
>party flees to a man over the cliff
>come out of rage only have 10hp left
>down a potion and jump from the ledge
>flee into the dungeon with 0hp
>spend 3 days hiding
>Party returns to the inn we were at
>leaves with all of my stuff
>track them down
>kill the now fallen paladin and mage for saying they didn't have my gear
>rest of the party feared the barb from then on
>>
>>47776298

When I wanted to play a martial in a D&D campaign.
>>
What game are you talking about?
>>
>>47776896
Bargains with daemons, that sounds like it will have a positive outcome.
>>
>>47776298

The horrible mess with the kidneys because that was when it got shape.
>>
>>47776298
The day he met Bastard Spinrad.
>>
File: 1464923144921.gif (196 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1464923144921.gif
196 KB, 600x450
For my most recent characters,

Human Sorceress: during her backstory.
Halfling Summoner: when a powerful Fey got a lock of his hair.
Tengu mage: when he met the party.
>>
>>47778045
>Tengu mage

furry
>>
>>47778045

>Halfling Summoner

furry
>>
File: Neryumo-177349-The_Mistress.png (570 KB, 546x900) Image search: [Google]
Neryumo-177349-The_Mistress.png
570 KB, 546x900
>>47776298
She fucked a Succubus. Then she became a Succubus. Then her former lover hunted her down.
>>
When the fighter decided to help the rogue instead of the squishy caster.
Or alternatively, when the DM decided that trying to make the fight a little less difficult by Mage handing the unaware minotaur's discarded axe off the nearby cliff would have made the encounter too easy and so had the weapon stop just short, allowing the Minotaur to grab the axe and charge me...
>>
>playing what amounts to this game's Blue Mage (steal and store powers and memories from enemies)
>encounter Lilith attempting to resurrect Sammael, by use of a big chunk of Tanzanite holding a portion of his powers and knowledge, known as the Satan Stone
>inb4 stupid name
>attempt parley, offer assistance in accessing Satan's power
>she fukken lets me
>try to absorb essence
>it resists with the power of motherfucking Satan
>try again, maximum effort
>succeed
>pass the fuck out
>wake up evil
And that's the story of how I got a chunk of Satan in my brain.
>>
>Character 1
Trying to get by without murdering absolutely everyone. It was like playing on Lunatic mode.
>Character 2
Being a Tiefling. Never do this unless you have a supremely good reason to.
>>
When the DM decided that dead family and friends equals good story writing.

Everyone she knows and cares about?
Gone without a single roll, all of them off-screen and all of them to an unnamed, unknown group that left absolutely no evidence behind and even destroyed absolutely everything they owned so I couldn't even take anything as a momento, sell for some cash or use myself.
Including everything in the locked crate which we had to unlock first.
So they opened the crate, broke everything beyond repair and then relocked the crate while also somehow breaking it so I couldn't take it myself.

But how? They had some pretty advanced technology with them and defence turrets around the camp?
>Predators seeing them as an easy meal
>>
When I decided to play a Netural Evil Drow Assassin in an all good party.
Though it was fun having to go behind the Parties backs to take out their, and by extension my, enemies in little assassin mini-missions.
However by the end I was more netural then evil just so we didn't self destruct.
>>
>>47776298
When the halfling started to try to get in his pants
>>
>>47776298
Day one when she woke up in that hellscape of ruined cities. And it ain't ever gonna get better.
>>
When she was making fun of her ally who was trying to climb up to the perch she was keeping watch on, and thus not seeing the goblin shooting an arrow at her neck.
>>
>>47776298
When my charisma focused rogue lost charisma points for being revived as an ugly fucking zombie
>>
When she ran afoul of the local lord's daughter, by refusing to give the drinks intended for her farmer husband after a long days work to said lord's daugther during a hunt.

It went really badly.
>>
>>47779281
Since when was being a succubus an STD?
>>
>Shadowrun social adept
Made a deal with a dragon

>3.pf gunslinger
Failed to conserve ammo while shooting straight after making a deal with a dragon

>Exalted zenith cast
Forgot to geek the mage first while working for a dragon
>>
>>47781558
I'm sensing a pattern.
>>
When he took that job out of college to help in the Quarantine of Bug City.
>>
>>47781574
There's a reason never make a deal with a dragon is the number one rule of shadowrunners. Three different games with three different GMs, everything went to shit shortly after we started dealing with the bastards.
>>
>>47781680
Yeah but they pay well. Of course they try to have you killed working for them, but if you survive that, the money's good.
>>
Being a raven guard and acting dickish. Now every character i make is derided and mocked. No one helps me unless they think i'll nuke something with psychic powers. Fuck my deathwatch group.
>>
>>47776298
Being born into a family that practiced demonology and was thus barred from living in the Dwarf Homes.
>>
>>47781427
Ever since you entered my magical realm.
>>
He made a deal with a fae lord.
>>
>Mage in nWoD
>City in ruins, other mages and some artifacts were the culprit.
>On his deathbed after a fight against another party member for what should be done with the relics, grabs the one that amplifies Time arcana and tries to go back in time before the campaign started to do things over again.
>Winds up getting stuck in a time loop since no one remembers the future events, effectively causing the campaign to repeat over and over again with the same actions done each time.

Note: Casting time spells close to death is never a good idea, something will always get fucked up. Our storyteller ruled however that even though the above would be true, he'd handwave the idea that our past selves could gain some limited precognition to change some actions to cause different events to take place, but we just moved on to another game instead.
>>
>>47776298
>Getting polymorphed into a cat
>Stuffed into a box and buried at sea.
>Trapped in a jar by mages
>An airstrike for little old me?
>What you mean druids can where metal armor?
>My Sire's a Pedophile!(tm)
>Murdered by a little girl in my sleep.
>Wrong owl.

Lots of times.
>>
>>47776298
After about 5 levels and rolling on 1s for HP. After that point I get desperate to find ways to stay alive. Regrettable things were done for blood rituals. Desperate acts for enchanted gear. The fear of death looming overhead can drive a man to do things he would never consider.
>>
>>47777777
>>
>>47776298
Instructions unclear, got dick stuck in crazy.
>>
File: 1383196371516.jpg (78 KB, 661x938) Image search: [Google]
1383196371516.jpg
78 KB, 661x938
>>47781427
Succubi aren't inherently evil. its just an "It Follows" situation.
>>
>>47776298
When the cute, alcoholic Tiefling quest giver turned out to be a psychotic Drow who started turning townsfolk into monsters to fuel her ridiculous powers so that she could free her insane, spider god "mother" from interstellar prison. Up until then it was all about going on adventures and performing daring heists and wooing Tieflings. After that? No just cause. No "greater good." All for revenge. And then when you get it you realize it's so hollow because you're in too deep and now you have to extend your revenge to seven more of these weirdos and every jackass they've conned into helping them. We'll never be that gentleman thief living in the lap of luxury. Just a soldier who dies before he grows old.
>>
>>47776298
>the final battle
>the ailing remnants marches on the great horde
>member of the honor guard of the prince
>about to charge into the surrounded keshiks as the horse-archers rain fiery hell upon us
>then That Guy's fox girl stabs me in the gut and leaves my character to die, grumbles about something to do with MGTOW and feminism or some stupid ass thing
>seeing one of the great heroes die, the infantry rout and flee
>GM decides to roll with it and the Khan slaughters the entire imperial wuxia army
>marches unopposed into the imperial city, subjugating what's left of the burned jade empire
>age of the horse lords begins, a low brewing cold war with not!Muhammed starts

The kung-fu hero of Wuxia died because I talked to a girl I was crushing on.
>>
A warrior who escaped servitude of a band of powerful wizards, who had enslaved his religious colony (among other groups) with a legion of golems. Joined a small band of treasure hunters to make a name for himself, planning on using money and influence to lead an army to go the crystal city in the mountains to the west and depose the mages that lived there. Ultimately, the small band saved several cities from a different and older evil, thanks in no part to a magical sword which had been lost to time deep within a forgotten catacomb, which not only struck the incorporeal with powerful light, but sealed the souls of that which it destroyed within it.

He got his happy ending. But while I originally intended to have him slip down a moral slope of justifying worse and worse offenses in the name of justice and revenge against his hated enemies, the rest of the party didn't respond well to how things were going, which they expressed in and out of character. So I changed directions, had him instead realize what he was doing, reconvert to the faith he had once abandoned, and ultimately accomplish his goals driven by love and obligation, rather than hate.

But then I was GM for the next campaign. And in one session, a character died in a particularly stupid way. So I took pity, and death offered him a choice. Travel to a forgotten iron cities in the mountains to the west, and destroy an artifact within, an ancient blade which contained many souls long overdue for release. If he agreed to complete this task by the end of winter, he would be revived, for keeps, and of course he did. And after fighting dozens of various undead in the decaying citidel, they came to the throne room to find what they were looking for. The king of the fortress stood before them, coated in rusted plate and wielding a shiny claymore. His body shriveled and pale, like a lich's but not truly undead. The mage cast a spell to make the king fear his own blade, but nothing happened; he already did.
>>
>>47781705
The money's good, yeah, but there's always some hidden catch, something that when added in to the total makes it so your just a little worse off than when you started. Scaly bastards.
>>
>>47776298
After being kicked out of the church for being to much of a zealot
>>
When my character found out his childhood sweetheart and wife was actually a mindflayer and their children were actually wicker manikins.
>>
when he sucked the lifeforce out of an entire planet to power a superweapon.
>>
When my nuwIsha received a dare to heave ho himself directly into the air off a skyscrapper and had 5 successes
>>
>>47782324
Prettygood/10
>>
>>47776298
It started with the kobolds. Then came the nets. Then the ghouls showed up.
>>
When my party kidnapped me after joining the evil faction and destroying their faction.
>>
>>47776298
When my GM persuaded me to multi-class to get that Barbarian/Oracle unique class in PF.

Or playing PF for that matter. My blacksmith never got to create anything ever.
>>
>>47776298
When he died the first time.
>>
>>47776890
Never make deals with dragons. Polymorph that bitch.
>>
>>47780290
You got Diabloed.
>>
Conception.
But in spite of that it got better in the years after.
>>
>Be a warlock
>Orc barbarian leaves you right in the open and runs away from the fight to rape a woman.
>Thinks it's your fault for making a character who doesn't have a lot of HP.
>>
>>47776298
He killed a Raksha, and saved another one who proceeded to latch onto him.
>>
>>47776298
When Crows stripped the flesh from his bones is kinda when it all went to shit.
>>
>>47776298
Probably around the time he said, "I think she's bluffing," regarding a witch curse.
I am currently playing a bullywug paladin, in case you were wondering, and he'd really like to be a human paladin again.
>>
Playing a bard. We have mission to steal corrupted priest and bring him to elves.
We come into church at the prayer time, wait until it ends and approach priest to bluff a little bit, to say what we're here to protect him.
He suspects something fishy and does not let go the flock yet.
I didn't like the way it turns and decided to tell the people truth about priest, and the fact that elves attacking village because of him.
Duel of wits and words with priest and I lose it. Our wizard burns alive nearly 40 commoners before my eyes to save our lives.
My character depressed and drunk for the next few weeks.
>>
>>47784631
The most sane and understandable phrase in this period "Like a matchbox... Poof..."
>>
>>47779105
Do you even know what a halfling is
>>
>>47776298
When he tried to avoid the plot. I retired the character and basically said he fucked off as far away from the land-of-always-in-peril to settle down in a small town and make money as a doctor/alchemist.

So of course, next campaign, it turns out that some ultra zealous Paladins decided to purge the town because they had a strict no magic policy.

Long story short, he ended up trading his soul to a demon to save the town and in doing so became the host for the new evil sweeping the land of seriously-why-do-people-even-bother-living-here?
>>
>>47784461
Well paladin's often have some sort of curse undoing ability, so you're probably only levels away
>>
>>47784688
More than a quarterling, but less than a ling
>>
>>47785332
Fulling?
>>
>>47776298
When he decided to leave and go on HIGH ADVENTURE!
and then realised that the world outside his hometown he lives in is a complete shithole, people are always shifty eyed cunts and the people he travels with are psychopaths and hypocrites.

I'm pretty much playing him as a man that wants to fuck up the entire Earth and go home to live a quiet life, knowing that nobody will try stepping near the home of a two legged apocalypse.
>>
Never let anything put a tentacle into any hole in your head.
>>
>>47776298
When the Russians captured Smolensk.
>>
not my most recent charachter but:
When he was the only one with initiative, jumped off a speeding coach in a corner of the road, over a river, trying to finish off a dragon, it was a do-or-die situation.
he had to make an attack in mid-air onto a waiting dragon about to do a breath attack and melt to coach, the party, and the surrounding countryside.
he fumbled his attack, got his arm bitten off an floated down the river, losing his +1 sword, talon. presumed dead/alive.

rest of the party got either melted or feigned their death in the ensuing destruction.
>>
>>47776298
when the woman he loved chose another man...
Now he has to find love again...
>>
>>47785487
Very few people have ever needed to be told that
>>
When Ragnarok started
>>
>>47776298
Being born in Cheliax.
>>
>>47776298
Right at the end of character creation.

He's a Classic Traveller character, so his background was all randomly generated. Apparently he used to have a nice cushy position as an officer in the stellar navy. Stable, respectable, reasonably safe. And for some stupid fucking reason (ie: because the game requires it) he quit after 16 years, and now lives as some sort of space gypsy. He's 34 years old, has a mere 22,000 credits to his name, gets a pittance of a pension every year, and "owns" a shitty starship that's mortgaged out the ass, which he'll be paying off for the rest of his life.

Shoulda stayed in the service.
>>
>>47776298
When he joined a party filled with idiots and psychopaths
>>
>>47777237
I see what you did there.
>>
>>47782109
I'm going to need a bit more clarity here.
>>
File: noblewoman.jpg (8 MB, 3500x5000) Image search: [Google]
noblewoman.jpg
8 MB, 3500x5000
When my Cleric reunited with his childhood sweetheart and the two started making plans to settle down and leave the adventuring life behind, as the quests became more and more morally grey.

That's when the party murdered her.
>>
>>47776298
When he died
>>
>>47784688

In his defense, halflings have a lot of hair on their toes.

That basically makes them furry
>>
when he made made a blood-promise to get "someone" out of a demons plane.
>>
>>47776298
When he accepted the mantle of champion of an evil god because the alternative would have been much worse for everyone (but the god) involved.
He lost pretty much everything in the following months and is now an actual chain devil.
>>
>>47776298
When he was really rude to the Valkyrie who came to collect his spirit when he died. She left without him, now he's stuck.
>>
>>47785378
3/4ling
>>
>>47776704
Fight with a shield instead of a sword/axe/whatever. Buy a shield with spikes.
>>
>>47785324
To be honest, I like the frog out of character. The artwork the DM handed me is adorable.
>>
>>47788774
You really think nobody else gets that reference, 'Glenn'?
>>
>>47776298
Star Wars: when she fell in love

SR: when she joined the party
>>
>>47786045
Please tell me you DEUS VULTed the fuck out of them.
>>
>>47789468
seconded
who the fuck DOES that?
>>
>>47777448
Its not like it can get any worse.
>>
>>47776298
I was a dm in denial.
my life is much better after i did outing
>>
>>47789494
>>47789468

Rolan Fortree, Cleric of Life, did attempt to teach his party members that murdering his fiance was evil, and that it wasn't a great way to force him to stay in the party, but they honestly thought that if she was taken out of the picture then he'd have nowhere to go other than stay as their healer.

Unfortunately, as a healer who never killed or really fought a soul in the whole 2yr campaign, his little rebellion ended with the other members beating the ever loving fuck out of him for betraying them and putting the lives of citizens and wife above their own.

It was pretty brutal desu, left a poor taste in my mouth for the DandD alignment system

(the main culprit believed that he was chaotic good for slaying her, because he thought it would make Rolan stay in the party, where he would be put to use as a healer for heroes, whose job it was to save the world and such, but ultimately all the party seemed to do was murder guards and wizards for loot)

In the end, the cleric became a hermit outside a small village in the middle of nowhere, healing the sick when needed, or sorting out bandits whenever they came to town, but when he wasn't needed he would go back to his cave .
>>
File: 1455207923752.jpg (14 KB, 335x385) Image search: [Google]
1455207923752.jpg
14 KB, 335x385
>>47776298
When the rest of my coterie realized that Ravnos chimerstry could be used to generate vision-blocking fog to make every sort of infiltration and fight easier.
>tfw becoming the party's fog machine
>>
>>47785682
Sounds like he had an early mid life crisis.
>>
When the goddess he served was found guilty of crimes by a tribunal of gods, and as punishment he was chained to her.
>>
When I left the room containing our ''''Neutral'''' Monk, a soul-stealing staff, and a good-aligned dragon that I shortly found out was the patron of my Cleric's god.

I'll storytime if anyone wants me to
>>
>>47790334
You have to ask?
>>
>>47790334
Comrade, storytime is like munchies. Asking is polite, but actually delivering makes you legendary...if the munchies are good, that is.
>>
Getting in the eva, or possibly having the visions that drove her to find the eva.
>>
>>47776298
When I showed up.
>>
>>47790705
>>47790740
Alright, this was a few weeks ago so I might be a little sketchy on the details.

>Playing Pathfinder with friends with our usual foreverDM
>He has a penchant for being a dick because he feels that's what makes a good DM
>Party consists of me, NG Cleric of Taurag, a minmaxing CN human fighter, a (often missing) dragon-loving ranger, a newbie half-elf wizard, the ''''Neutral''' human Monk and a Choatic Idiot human barbarian.
>We all know the person playing the monk always refuses to play anything Good/Neutral because it's 'boring'.
>Also likes to be a dick for his own amusement as a DM and player
>We're surprised but leery when he announces his character's alignment
>Fast forward a few sessions, we've just cleared out a dungeon and the DM is giving us loot
>Monk has already started to slip from his alignment - intentionally sleeping through his watch, slaughtering a helpless group of people because he thought they were bandits (in reality only one or two were petty thieves), etc
>DM has a smug look on his face this time, I start to worry
>He says that we all find fairly typical magical gear, most of it fairly bland
>Then looks at Monk player and says they find a 'normal-looking' quarterstaff
>We shrug and let him have it - none of us would want it
>Turns out it's the chosen weapon of the god of Chaos
>it has a (really high DC) save-or-die mechanic where it sucks the soul out of something instantly, and can then consume the soul to boost an attack or other ability
>This is clearly a work of evil and I go to smite it
>Everyone talks me down unless he -does- evil things with it
>I swear that if he does I'd be the first to cave his skull in
>fast forward some more, we're exploring a cavern
>Things are going pretty rough, but the quarterstaff pulls us through easily enough
>We enter a chamber with what the DM describes is an Elder Dragon
>roll fear saves
>through sheer luck I'm the only one to pass, approach and talk to the dragon
(Cont)
>>
>>47776298
We accidentally founded "IRON WHIP: SANCTUM OF CRUELTY"
>>
File: Claw Commission.jpg (275 KB, 768x656) Image search: [Google]
Claw Commission.jpg
275 KB, 768x656
>>47776298
Before the campaign started, she knew something was up when her prayers to the Raven Queen weren't being answered.

During the campaign, it was when she died.

Depending on if she survives the final battle of the campaign, everything will probably go wrong when she usurps Lolth's throne.
>>
>>47790779
>finding an Eva
>finding an Eva through visions

This is never a good thing. Story? Where is your character on the human/angel scale?
>>
>>47791121
please continue anon
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>47776298
fucking elves
>>
>>47791275
Sorry, slow to type

>We find out it's a Good-aligned dragon (does the fear aura still work in this case? I never thought to ask)
>We talk it up, says this is it's layer
>Looks at me and says we need to talk
>party wants to clear out any macguffins still kicking around
>Figure we'll just come back, the dragon says it's not going anywhere
>queue >>47790334
>DM says I feel my stomach drop as if something unspeakable has happened after I leave
>ohweallknow.jpg
>We quickly storm back in to confront him
>Eats the soul, tries to fly off
>It's/he's not strong enough to give him more than a few seconds of flight and he plummets
>Argues with the DM that as a Monk he can easily just roll or slide down (air? I dunno), DM finally caves and let's him live
>Party has to contain me from fucking murdering his ass (not knowing this was a patron of my god)
>They eventually calm me down, and of course he can't give a reason why he did
>Then the DM just casually drops that dragon was super duper religious and was a high figure in my religion
>are you fucking serious.wav
>So flabbergasted we somehow managed to end heading towards a town before I can even comprehend my life turning upside down
>Turns out it's filled with Chaos god's worshippers (and somehow we didn't notice?)
>They drug all of us except the Monk and everything fades to black
(Cont)
>>
>>47791533
>Party and I wake up tied to stakes, stripped naked
>Monk is standing there all smug with his staff
>He's talking to the leader of these Chaos worshippers
>The leader wants him to personally kill all of us to appease the god of Chaos
>I curse him and pray for guidance while he argues with the leader
>Apparently he has a sudden change of heart and doesn't want to sacrifice us, but still wants to please the Chaos god in some way
>He's seriously trying to have his cake and eat it while we're all about to die either way
>Pray to Torag for guidance
>DM rolls, and I guess it was pretty damn high because I suddenly become an avater of Torag
>break free of my bonds, summon my warhammer and tower shield
>The leader and his cronies literally vanish as Monk is still trying convince them he's '100% cool with the chaos thing but don't kill my 'friends''
>Apparently it was a test from the Chaos god to show he was worthy, and in an attempting to not get his ass beat IRL, tried to save face and failed
>Give him a good thwack with the hammer and ask if he repents
>He says he does (after some humming and hawing)
>I pause and debate whether to smite his ass
>That's not really a good thing to do I suppose, I spare him
>apparently this means imparting my blessing on him
>It also turns out that the Chaos god was SUPER pissed he didn't get the Dragon's soul or our's, and curses him immediately after
>The only thing keeping him alive is my blessing, which stops his skin from melting off or somesuch
>Finally able to keep the party asshole in line

He hasn't show up again since, I assume from work but probably that whole situation really made us wonder why we played with him.
>>
>>47791667
Wow. Smite that dick ass monk, pray to your god to resurrect him, then smite him again even harder. Normally I'm against killing other players but damn if it isn't justified in this case. Cleave and smite anon, even if your not a paladin. Cleave and smite.
>>
>>47791950
I could easily do it. I've actually gone on to defeat a several thousand strong army using those avatar power's (it's a 1/day thing so I've been sparingly using it).

The thing is that he'll never learn and just make another character that's just as dickish - this way, with my blessing keeping his immanent death at bay, I can always reel him in if he does something stupid.
I didn't think it was possible to have a killswitch on someone for the betterment of them.
>>
>>47788904
Heh. It could be a CT reference, I know the DM has played it.
>>
>>47792008
From the sounds of it the player is somewhat set in his ways and is unlikely to learn anything from this anyway. Still, well done for having a metaphorical sword held over his head should he ever return to the table. If it were me, I'd make it very clear both in and out of character that he in thin ice and this is that characters one shot at redemption.
>>
>>47776298
When she fell in live with her brother.
>>
>>47792128
He's an old school 2e D&D guy, but from what I've been told (some of the other people in our group have known him for ages) he's been like that for a long time, but I think back when he first played it was all about being huge dicks to each other and playing the evil party of assholes.
>>
>>47776298
Session 1 of new campaign. Playing CG Elf wizard. Cause I am an androgynous looking elf, party decides I am gay. Endless gay jokes.
>>
>>47790008

You were a Cleric, dude. Why didn't you just cast a shitload of buffs on yourself in the night before entering their room screaming and bashing their faces with a big ass mace? That's what Cleric are supposed to do! Out-melee everything because of important reasons! And revenge is a pretty important reason!
Also you could've poisoned them by casting Poison in their food, you could've informed a group of paladins of your deity so they could go full CLEAVE AND SMITE, or, I don't know, gory revenge involving divine magic and clever uses of the Blade Barrier spell! This story left a bad taste in my mouth, c'mon, man.
>>
>>47790008
Tell me the composition of that party so that I can put them in a campaign and help your character murder them.
>>
>>47776298
When the party didn't believe me that we were just being held in jail on a technicality, and I tried to break out by myself. It's too bad, I really liked that Half-Ogre Rogue/Duelist.
>>
>>47786045
Killing equals Honor!!
>>
>>47776298
When the party realized that my social skills were so high that I can talk our party out of most trouble.
>>
When all his friends died and he didn't.

Being a bothan spy is a hard life.
>>
>>47785982
Basically I was playing a Kung-Fu movie campaign where not-China fell apart in a massive civil war. The cool part? The GM slowly built up the the oncoming crisis to the point where our characters were just getting comfortable when the shit hit the fan. The emperor's entire family died and the great clans began to battle for the throne.

A fairly amusing campaign, though the GM was fairly tyrannical (and had problems with women) at times. But it was tolerable and I genuinely wondered how the campaign would end. You had non-humans and post-apocalyptic bandit gangs prowling the south and Mongols just swarming in from the north. But then that guy, let's call him Mitch, joined our little table.

Mitch was weird and not in a good kind of way. Imagine a cross between Bobbah Hill and a burned out thirty something metalhead (and, I kid you not, wears a fucking fedora) who has a Rainbow Dash backback and you have Mitch. This isn't a That Guy thread so I'll only tell you the relevant part. Mitch was a massive misogynist and got along fine with the GM, but I tolerated his presence as I had spent too much time in this game to just drop out.

The trouble started when I was at the local Barnes 'n Noble and Mitch just happened to be there. I was in line and he was... Well, "flirting" with one of the cashiers. I decided to chase him off by pretending to be the girl's boyfriend which made the freak flush and run out the door. I got 50% off shit you not. But against my better judgement I went back to my table and Mitch was JUST fuming as he saw me, and then we had the last session. That's the tale of why Mitch and the GM wanted revenge.
>>
>>47776298
0.01 Essence
>>
>>47776298
when i thought it would be cool to eat the force ghost of ajunta pall
>>
File: It works on tv.png (107 KB, 1210x1016) Image search: [Google]
It works on tv.png
107 KB, 1210x1016
>>47794997
Is this you?
>>
>>47776839
As it happens, if you're a big fan of Berserk you might happen to know that a few elements of the protagonist are a direct reference to a historic figure who also had a false hand. It'll probably set your character back a lot but unless your setting is really far back in time technologically it's entirely possible to make a prosthetic arm that can at least hold a shield so it could exist in your setting without high-end dwarf tech or magic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6tz_von_Berlichingen?wprov=sfla1
>>
>>47794104
They were far too brave to show mercy.
>>
>>47776298
>Where did it all go wrong
When I agreed to drink that Malkavian chick's blood.
>>
>>47776298
About the time I gave them a feminine penis (male).
>>
>>47790008
what sort of gangsters did you play with? Killing your waifu and beating you because you got a funny idea.
I'm expecting they had a small speech about loyalty standing over your half-dead cleric and then put out a cigarette in your mouth as they left
>>
>>47776298
He tried to commit suicide after a really bad week, pussied out, and then became friends with the BBEG instead.
>>
Where did all go wrong you ask? Well for this superhero game. And I use the word "hero" lightly insomuch as we regularly deal with Criminals and Super Villains to stop their mayhem.

But it probably went wrong for me when I sought out parental rights for the daughter I never knew I had (She's about a six months by the time i learn of her). And decide to try and forge a relationship with her mother to give our kid a proper family. Things rapidly go to shit when I the player and the Character both fail to recognize that her description is different than that of the chick I actually slept with. In my....defense? it was dark, it was at a club, and it was only 20 minutes and gave her a fake number. Turns out it's the chick's sister whose been stuck raising my kid cause my baby mama is an unrepentant whore.
>>
>>47776298
He lost his mudfarm in the divorce, but he's the last scion of a great adventurer's brood and his family has decayed into miserable failure.

It went real downhill when he started blowing all of his divorce settlement in the tavern.
>>
>>47776298
>During childhood his village was raided and slaughtered, survived by hiding among dead bodies
>Couple of weeks later found out a spirit from said village is now haunting him
>Inquisition starts hunting him since he couldn't control it at first, it accidentally went berserk and killed a bunch of "innocents" (It was actually a local gang who was trying to rob him)
>Get into party
>Literally every single person who ever joined either betrayed them or died horribly at the hands of the inquisition except for the group cavalier
>Necromancer of the group decided to take sides with the BBEG after he literally went on a suicide mission to save her
>Now is just blindly following the Cavalier around while simultaneously drinking himself to death and contemplating suicide

Honestly it never went right
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.