[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mundane Equipment Thread. Come one, come all, give me your lists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ffxiv-materia-epl-826.jpg (79 KB, 530x318) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv-materia-epl-826.jpg
79 KB, 530x318
Mundane Equipment Thread.

Come one, come all, give me your lists of mundane equipment! Do you have a standard list? Do you change for each character? Tell me what you always buy when going on an adventure.
>>
11-foot pole.

Because you never know when you need that extra foot.
>>
I always make sure my characters have

>pet treats
>megaphone
>lubricant
>tongs
>>
>>47751680
Rope.
Lots of rope.
A grappling hook, some pitons and a hammer too.
Just too damn useful.
Lock a door by nailing a piton on the inside of it.
Rescue people from pit traps with rope.
Trip pursuers with rope.
Take down riders with it too.
Climb shit
Swing over chasms
Tie up prisoners
Hang That Guy.
So many uses from three common items.
Dont forget that tieing the rope to a rock can be used as a makeshift weapon and trap tripper
>>
car jack
>>
>>47751680

Some good suggestions so far. I'd add chalk, candles, flint and steel, a bag of marbles, empty vials, a small bag of flour for invisible things.
>>
>>47752409
Forgot the marbles kek.
Also grab some spice or acid if available.
Break rocks in a pouch in downtime into tiny slivers, mix in dried chilli or pepper if available and bam! Blinding powder is go.
Also get a hook for that 10 foot pole.
Doubles the uses
>>
I like pictures of items like that OP. Everything from high fantasy dungeon kits to duffel bags of guns. Anyone got some good stuff?

For a threadly topic, never forget your regular canvas looting sack. Gold has to go somewhere.
>>
>>47753412
Oh yes.
Though last camp i was in where we ran out we just made some hide sacks and buried the rest
>>
>>47751680
Not quite entirely true to the thread, but close enough.

Is there a good roleplaying system where mundane equipment is all you get?

I've always wanted to play a high fantasy game but without all the powerlevel bullshit. I've modified DnD campaigns to suit it, but that's a fuckton of work since DnD naturally assumes characters get magical weapons and gear at higher levels.
>>
>>47753460
Not really man.
Just play an older version, because its easy to do a magic weapon as a Big Thing.
Then either delete mentions of magic weapon to harm or even leave them in for some keks.
Would be good to inspire players to creativity.
>well it says here you need a magic weapon +2 to harm the fire elemental, but ill say a bucket chain may do something....
>>
>>47753519

Figured, probably just have to stick to modifying existing systems.
>>
>>47753562
Unless theres a witcher game and its good.
Or play no psyker only war
>>
>>47753460
You could try GURPS or WoD of the top of my head.
>>
>>47753412
>regular canvas looting sack

Oh yeah, and either paint $$$ or Swag on the side.
>>
File: pocket sand.jpg (96 KB, 640x533) Image search: [Google]
pocket sand.jpg
96 KB, 640x533
Never leave the inn without it.
>>
>>47751680
- Smokesticks, lots and lots of Smokesticks!! as many as possible, great for making an escape or a dramatic entrance.
- Ropes
- Something for Drwaing, Craft (Draw) is an highly underated Skill
-
>>
Never forget to bring a big sturdy tarp.
>>
>>47751680
You froods are forgetting the obvious--a towel.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.