[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting Chaos Space Marines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Darkapostleslavehorde13.jpg (240 KB, 893x1258) Image search: [Google]
Darkapostleslavehorde13.jpg
240 KB, 893x1258
I am looking to start a Chaos Space Marine army, themed around the Word Bearers. While I have a general list, I was wondering if I could get some advice on my army list.

HQ:
Dark Apostle
-VotLW
-Mark of Khorne
-The Black Mace

Troop:
Chaos Space Marines
+15 Marines
-CCW
-Plasma Pistol
-Plasma Pistol
-Flamer
-Flamer
-Mark of Khorne
-Icon of Wrath

Chaos Space Marines
-Meltagun
Rhino
-Havoc Launcher

Chaos Space Marines
-Meltagun
Rhino
-Havoc Launcher

Heavy Support:
Chaos Predator
-Heavy Bolters
-TL-Lascannon

Chaos Predator
-Heavy Bolters
-TL-Lascannon

Total: 1,067

Basically the idea is the put the Apostle in the blog of Chaos Marines and send them charging to w/e and have the Rhino Marines sit on objectives, Predators for a mix of vehicle/unit shooting.
>>
inb4 CSM are bad
>>
>>47717013
If you want honest, legit advice, here you go.

Dark Apostles aren't that great. You're honestly better off with a Chaos lord, and if you're going to give him a mark of khorne you want an Axe of Blind Fury.

Plasma Pistols are expensive and not worth the points. Just drop them.

I'd probably put Dirge Casters on the Rhinos instead of Havoc launchers.

Predators, I find are best as Annihilators; heavy bolter sponsons and the TL autocannon. Punishes light armour, mows through infantry as well.

The main issue you're going to have is you're slogging 15 CSM across the field, who aren't fast and aren't more durable than normal marines. One Battle Cannon will remove half that squad in an instant. The tactic just isn't that viable.

You've got a decent mix of anti armour, but your army doesn't have any actual punch, or any decent range for that matter.

My 2 cents.
>>
>>47717106
>slogging

He's got Rhinos.
>>
>>47717163
>slogging 15 CSM across the field

15 CSM can't fit into a Rhino that he hasn't purchased for that unit.
>>
>>47717247
>paying points for rhinos

hue hue hue pleb traitors
>>
>>47717395
We've got a couple of thousand years to catch up.

Just like the time between the next codex update.
>>
>>47717477
>"Ah, after 10,000 years we get an update!"
>it's just nerfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkpS2Sdu2io
>>
>>47717013
If you want honest advice, don't bother playing Chaos Space Marines. Basically every list will be complete shit, and the only way to perform well with CSM even in a non-competitive format is to not field any chaos space marines at all, and rather use daemons and/or lost and the damned.
>>
The Chaos Space Marines book is inexcusable shit.

Also your list isn't very fluffy with all the Khorne marks.

I recommend making a Daemons of Chaos list and taking a Dark Apostle, 9 Chaos Space Marines, and a Rhino as allies.
>>
>>47717106
>I'd probably put Dirge Casters on the Rhinos instead of Havoc launchers.

whynotboth.jpeg.

For real though, Havoc Launchers and Dirge Casters make Rhinos extremely versatile in ways that Loyalists don't have. They can either sit back and shoot at dudes with a reliable weapon, or charge up and prevent the opponent from overwatching. Neither of those things are bad.

>>47717013

Anyway, here's my take as a veteran CSM player and Word Bearer fan.

The Dark Apostle has a problem with both durability and mobility. He needs a transport to do anything - whether that's a Land Raider or a Rhino or a Storm Eagle like I use for mine he needs something that's gonna get him from Point A to Point B, and Land Raiders do that most effectively.

In your big blob, you cannot have both Plasma Pistols and Flamers. You can only have one Marine exchange his Bolt Pistol for a Plasma Pistol in the entire unit (why this is done is completely beyond me) OR may exchange his Bolter for a Special Weapon. If your blob is 10 models or more, an additional model may exchange his Bolter for a Special or Heavy weapon.

I would honestly completely drop this entire unit, and instead take an additional 5 Marines in each of your other CSM's and grab an additional Meltagun in each unit and give each Champion a Combi-Melta. That makes them WAY more dangerous to armor, which is what they appear to be geared to fight. Dropping the unit itself saves you 295pts (assuming you go with Flamers instead of the illegal two Plasma Pistols), and adding five Marines + extra Melta + Champion Combi-Melta is a combined total of 170pts. That leaves you at least 125pts to spread out among your force (I would recommend giving your Rhinos Combi-Meltas, Destroyer Blades, and Daemonic Possession.

The rest of the list looks okay, but isn't what I'd run (I run a mono-Slaanesh list). It's pretty hard to get a solid list in at only 1000pts for our codex.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.