[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mineral Magic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: bfy.jpg (190 KB, 1024x780) Image search: [Google]
bfy.jpg
190 KB, 1024x780
What's a name for the type of magic that uses gems/crystals/minerals? I'm thinking of the kind where crystals and gems are the focus for enchantments or fuel for effects.
I remember reading something that gave it a specific name, but I can't find it again.
>>
>What's a name for the type of magic that uses gems/crystals/minerals?
Whatever your character concept is, it's stupid and at best a shallow gimmick.
>>
>>47711877
No OP, but why do you say that? I see nothing wrong with it...
>>
Geomancy perhaps?
>>
>>47711877
You're right. Its for an NPC that only needs to set the party on a quest for crystal macguffin, but I thought it would be nice to have him be a gem-o-mancer or some other title rather than random wizard #87.
>>
>>47711861
>>47711920
Pretty much Geomancy.

I am curious if you're going with set ideas or if you're going with more subjective concepts.

I like to play around with subjective myself since it leads to some interesting contrasts like:

>one character who will occasionally use geomancy sees obsidian as representing secrecy and intrigue because it's glass, but difficult to see through if at all
>Another uses obsidian as a symbol of power because of it's use as weapons in primitive days
>A third is an edgy teenager and thinks it represents DARKNESS!
>>
geodemancy
>>
>>47711861
It'd just be a subset of the geomancy school.
>>
>What's a name for the type of magic that uses gems/crystals/minerals?

Cliche-o-mancy, also known as Hackneymancy, or The Art of Beating Dead Horses in some tongues.
>>
>>47712385
>>47711877

Man, when did /tg/ become anti-fun?
>>
>>47712385
>>47711877

What would you do that so creative and unique?

It's easy to call something shit when you're not offering anything in return.
>>
>>47714878
People get tired of seeing the same shit, and this is one of those boards in which shitty ideas come up constantly, or shitty jokes that should be dead will constantly reappear simply out of spite. That and we have no mods to get rid of awful shitposting, like this thread or elf Slav what do.
>>
>>47711861
Chemistry?
>>
>>47711877
You know what's in your eyes right now? That's right: a crystalline lens. Bam! You're fucking blind now kiddo, enjoy your glaucoma. Bam! You aren't blind anymore. Don't fuck with crystal wizards.
>>
>>47714986

So rather than either a) producing OC yourself or b) ignoring the thread so it dies, you decided to come into a thread that you hate, give it a bump so it stays alive, and all to complain about how "threads like these" lower the quality of the board.

You're the reason why people can ruin the board so easily, it's the same cancerous mentality that ruined /a/ and /co/, nobody is going to give you a medal for "self-policing" the board with your own perceived ideas of what the board should or shouldn't be.

Posting a reply to talk about how shitty the thread is, is still a reply that keeps the thread alive. That and it makes you look like a self-defeating tryhard without an ounce of self-awareness at how stupid and counter-intuitive their action are.

If you don't want to see the thread anymore, use a filter, hide the thread, or just plain ignore it. Sure it might not always work but it's better than bumping the thread and making so people think that these types of threads are good because people keeping giving OP (you)'s.

That and trolls will do this shit knowing it pisses people like you off anyways.
>>
File: hilarious.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
hilarious.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>47715007
>>
>>47711861
meth
>>
>>47715007
Alchemy.
>>
>>47714986
>That and we have no mods to get rid of awful shit posting

As you stated
>Whatever your character concept is, it's stupid and at best a shallow gimmick.

You quite literally shit posted in the first post, bringing absolutely nothing to the conversation for OP or other anons.
u stupid senpai
>>
File: Mineral skeletons.png (211 KB, 867x462) Image search: [Google]
Mineral skeletons.png
211 KB, 867x462
Bump.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.